FEAR thread

Was I the only one that got a John Carpenter vibe from the first FEAR?
You know
Compared to the third one where they literally hired him for cutscene directing?

Other urls found in this thread:

fear-complete.ml/
moddb.com/mods/fear-complete-edition
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, most likely you're the only one.

My dick weeps.

You'll never unrape the franchise

Baby don't hurt me
no more

inb4 autist calls the game shit and is laughed at for being wrong.

Is it really rape if you secretly want it?

It wasn't only cutscene directing, he also worked on some environment design for the sections that were actually creative and eerie.

You're right, user, FEAR was horrorkino worthy of JC himself.
I actually loved this though, it was my hardest laugh in months

I meant more the urban focus and musical choice than anything, as well as the overall more "thing in the background" nature of the other scares.
It's not like these games were knocking off The Ring for anything but Alma's design.

Every day is repost day.

If we're reposting anyway.

Who gives a fuck, i'd let Alma give me hate rough sex.

it was dead by 2

The only good thing about F.E.A.R 2 was the idea that Alma really wants to fuck you.
Everything else in it was consolized trash. I could tell the moment I stated playing and found out you couldn't lean around corners anymore.

You could tell just from the speed of movement alone in the game, especially if you jump from playing the first game straight to the second

It was the colors and bloom for me. Instantly gave me that "Wew want the new COD audience" taste in my mouth.

Is F.E.A.R. 2 worth a playthrough just for interacting with Alma?

Not really.

Stop fucking feeding the jewish bullshit.

I gotta replay this series again, every fight was so much fun.

That was a question they should've asked during development and clearly never did.

I'd say it's worth a shot for that and for that one level they demoed at E3 (you'll know when they reach it) but you'll hate the first hour and a half so fair warning.

Being raped by a super powerful psychic female gives me a stiffy at the thought of it.

Reminder that F.E.A.R. and its expansion pack, Extraction Point, are the only two parts of the series.
There was never a second expansion pack called Perseus Mandate, nor were there two sequels.
Nope.
I've spent a long time getting to this state of denial and you can't stop me now.

FEAR 2 had better gore than FEAR 1, for that sole reason the graphics are better.

kek no it's not.

Yeah, the gameplay and the engine were significantly worse.

It is.

that is a lot better than the first.

I agree but you at least had the chance of the series coming back to quality after 2.
After 3 the FEAR franchise is now effectively doomed to be bargain bin leftovers that give birth to shit like "FEAR ONLINE", a korean-made FTP FPS that makes you want to fucking kill yourself because it mixes assets from 3 different games from 2 different console gens over a decade with totally different art styles.

After FEAR 2 the series was on life support, but FEAR 3 irrevocably nailed the coffin.

Only thing F.E.A.R 2 has about it is the gore and it looks like vaseline smeared jam because console game lighting after 2007 is godawful.

If you really want to get into it beat extraction point and perseus mandate before hand to get the extra ghost-mom-you-just-wanna-love-and-protect vibe.

Beat it. Gore is more important to fps game responsiveness than most of those irrelevant shits. I don't even recall FEAR 1 of having particularly satisfying weapon animation and sound, the main guns are weak as fuck.

Can't get worse than FEAR 1's level design. Now that's what I call utter shit.

Good art design and atmospheric visuals are pretty important in F.E.A.R, the game itself looks outdated as all hell besides the lighting and effects.
Oh so it's cuckchan tier shit bait
2/10

Man, you gotta pull your head out of your ass. FEAR 1 looked like the most generic scifi tom clancy urban tacticool shit, only with hella f*in epic meme ghost.

Buddy take your meds.

If you liked FEAR and haven't played this, play it. It is half mecha FPS and half proto-FEAR complete with squads of goons and mundane buildings. Kickass soundtrack too.

it's not a bad thing to admit games you like have flaws, otherwise you just come off as a childish fanboy.

just avoid the highest difficulty, it's completely broken with all the hitscan combat.

Yeah, and somehow still looked better and had more atmosphere than the anal sewage that is F.E.A.R 2.
Top tier lighting certainly helped
Oh look, it's the Redditor Wojak poster that likes Borderlands 2 now I know you have to go back.
>>>/cuckchan/

F.E.A.R has top tier level design, it's why the combat and the A.I feel good.
You're mixing up level art design with level design from a gameplay perspective.
F.E.A.Rs levels are bland as shit, but their design is really good, it's part of what makes Extraction Point better the original.
Why you can literally get the jump on and flank Replica and the reverse with the last
Of course it has flaws, the more open sections are pretty shit aside from the garage, the first section on Armacham is overstays it's welcome, hitscan makes plenty of deaths feel unfair, the aforementioned bland environmments, Heavys and Drones aren't satisfying to kill.

F.E.A.R is still a top tier game, especially for the time it was released flaws and all

Hell no. Even Rainbow Six 3 looks better than FEAR.

Who? Do you suffer from schizophrenia?

When there's a combat going on, the level design feels good indeed, but exploration of the levels felt so much like utter garbage.

Didn't deny that. But FEAR 2 still looks better due to the gore, making the gunplay feel more responsive.

What a constructive argument that is fundamentally wrong.

I guess it's a good thing FEAR isn't an exploration game then.
Nah. The puffs of blood after shooting a clone point blank with a shotgun is still top tier.

No, you're full of shit
As long as I don't salivate for Lee and Roland's BBC cock like yourself, I'm totally ok with being a schizo
What exploration? When you're not railroaded by a quick ingame cutscene you're fighting.
It doesn't, the blood is a vivid red jelly instead of the massive darker red blood spurts from 1, the only thing F.E.A.R 2 has going for it is a bigger mess that still looks like shitty jam
It's a shitty game with mouse acceleration, airsoft sounding weapons and worse weapon and enemy damage feedback than the first.

You're wrong and likely a 7th Gen shittter

those lips

Not in the graphical fidelity, but the art direction, idiot.

And they should've made it more linear.

The blood puff looks shitty. FEAR 2's blood actually looked like actual liquid.

Sounds like something you'd like.

When you get lost in the office a dozen times due to the non sequential samey looking map design.

At least it's a liquid this time instead of a mist.

Nah.

In what level? The school? that's about it. I still prefer offices to the Halloween tier shit we got in 2.
It's already linear. When does the game split up other than to serve as flank routes for the gunfights?
Wow what an experienced and well thought out objective post.
Fear 2's blood is like the other user said, it looks like cartoon jelly. The mist from Fear 1 looks more convincing as blood. It sticks to walls along the direction of bullet trajectory and rewards close range shots with puffs of mist which is much more fun to run through than Fear 2's excuse for a kill.

I don't fellate Telltale or Anthony Burch, sorry cuck.
So you're a normalfag that can't see where he is by the massive pile of bodies and can't Doom?
Roger that
What liquid?
It just looks like shit
You're defending shittier sounding nerf weapons, and nerfs on weapons like the shotgun and pistols.

You lack brain matter and have yet to reply to any of these
Now go back to be retarded somewhere else like >>>/cuckchan/

but F3AR suck

But worst of all: at 03:55 the guy on top of the roof shoots before he calls out the position of the MC. This would not have happened in FEAR 1. He would have shouted something like "I have a visual" or (depending on how far down the game you are, especially in extraction point) "Oh shit, it's him!".
FEAR 2 a shit.

truly nightmare fuel

It's 10/10 spooks if you ask me.

Well you expected a little girl, not a skeleton, that's why it's spooky.

What the fuck is this thread?
FEAR 1 wasn't about the horror. You don't keep playing because of the story, and you don't keep killing replicas because you enjoy the horror aspects between the fights.

FEAR was a good (horror)SHOOTER. The horror aspect was much more a setting that allowed for interesting enemy designed (graphically speaking) and tight spaces (for level design/AI/game flow).

I would have played a FEAR game in any setting. tfw no scifi space FEAR with gravity mechanics and jetpack fights in slomo

I could dig this so fucking hard.

So what's this shit?
Anybody tried it?
fear-complete.ml/

It's F.E.A.R and all it's expansions dumb dumb

What?
Agreed, that shit is cancer in any game takes me right out of shooting
But it has slomo
But it has the same moves as 1
They did the same in 1
Same with 1
Oh yeah, console HUD design right there
Oh yes, and enemies are highlighted as well
Pretty much, F.E.A.R 2 is a piece of shit that doesn't expand on the first at all and even less, downgrades everything to fit it to consoles.
Singleplayer FPS pretty much died in 2007

It's obviously not, it's a mod (notice the F.E.A.R 2 shit), but I have no idea what it does and the translated description isn't helpful (pretty much "it's a mod and we added stuff"), hence why I'm asking what is this shit exactly and has anybody played it.

Oh yeah, just realized
The pack with the expansions has the same name though
Apparently this mod just makes the game and expansions all playable from one .exe and adds plenty of F.E.A.R 2 models and music but breaks a ton of shit in the process.
Doesn't lok worth it at all
moddb.com/mods/fear-complete-edition
Check

NO

I couldn't play past the first firefight, it is so consolised and weak compared to 1 I wanted to cry

And it doesn't get better
The last mission is literally a on rails turret section and a QTE.

Kind of what I was afraid of, it's basically FEARSOUP.
At-least resurrection is making some sort of progress.

There's one thing where you can clearly see F.E.A.R 2 fucked up is trying to play it without using slowmo.
in both 1 and the expansion it's actually a very enjoyable experience minus a few fights, but you do have to actually get a proper strategy in many fights and not just memorize where stuff is.
In 2 on the other hand it boils down to dumb pure memorization almost everywhere and the last fight of the game isn't even completable without the plasma gun and a rocket launcher to abuse AoE damage.

You forget the shitty "bossfight" against that fag that always teleport all over the place and kills you in less than a second form full health and armor.

That's the QTE

He's not exactly what I would call a QTE fight (unlike embed related) and honestly the QTE part is the least of the issues with that fight

forgot the embed

That user probably assumed no slomo because you don't get it for I think the first hour.