Dead by Daylight?

It looks interesting. I've been looking for a game that gives me a fast heart rate and an adrenaline rush that doesn't usually end in Hiroshima bomb levels of anger from having my base raided in some shitty survival game or something.
Here's the main issues, though. It seems like it can get stale pretty quickly, and the should-have-stopped-years-ago overpriced as fuck (((DLC))) for new characters and (((cosmetics))).
Worth the shekels? The only games I'll ever actually spend money on are the multiplayer games because multiplayer in pirated games is always fucky and it's always hard to find people to play with since everyone else is using the payed version.

Together with Evolve and the Friday the 13th the Game Dead by Daylight is part of the Triforce of Failure that tried to copy Left 4 Dead's Multiplayer, but completely ignored what made it good and what sucked in Left 4 Dead.

no game is worth money

As someone who actually bought it, i can say that the problem with this game isn´t that it gets stale fast, but the completely fucked up balance. With a little bit of grind you can make atrociously overpowered killers in combination with atrociously overpowered addons. But then on the other side you have certain killers who are absolutely useless on a lot of maps for example you can´t use Myers stealth abillity in high grasses, which makes him stay in evil within 1 for all eternity. The whole progression system is a fucked up story for itself. It´s completely based on RNG so getting an actual usable build takes a fucking eternity. And the matchmaking makes it so that a newb level 20 killer is often thrown into a match with 2 or more level 1 survivors with maxed out perks. So as a new Killer you will often feel that you´re the hunted and not the other way around. And then i haven´t even talked about the bad graphics and animations and art design in general which makes the game look like a really early alpha prototype instead of a fully released game. So in short: Don´t buy it.

I can second all of this. I bought it for 4 dollars and felt ripped off.

The only way a gayme is fun is just a matter of luck

In what way? The Tank was not a constant enemy in Left 4 Dead. There were other playable enemies and the teams were usually even with 4v4, and the other 3 players continuing to attack even when a Tank comes out. Are you just talking about being able to play as the "monsters" while other people play as normal humans?

Funny how you mentioned Dead by Daylight and Left 4 Dead.

The only game that gave me what you're looking for is PUBG.

The fear of not wanting to die when 10 players are remaining, or when you know theres someone close to you and knowing you gotta make some super clutch plays.

It would be good if it wasn't a massively imbalanced mess.
The survivors side of the game is so overpowered its ridiculous.

This is due to a combination of:

What in the fuck.

The game has two side, Killers and Survivors.
There are people who never touch the Killer side of the game and only play as Survivors, therefore Survivor mains.
I dont know whats so hard to understand.

I know what it means. The idea that you purposefully ignore half the game so you win more is fucking retarded. It's not a competitive game for christ sake.

Eh, some people just dont like the other half of the game.
I cant really blame them considering how underpowered the Killer side of the game is.
I dont understand the people who only play Killer though. They must be masochists or some shit.

Killers aren´t underpowered per se. They are just underpowered as long as you haven´t grinded them out yet. For example you will probably never beat a hillbilly with barbecue and chillie or a high rank nurse with nurses calling. But the game is just really hostile to beginners in general, because of it´s grindy and random progression system.

Killers are extremely underpowered, with the sole exception of Nurse.
Hillbilly & Huntress can also be good, but they are both very map-dependant.
And even those three have their own major issues.
The rest of the Killers range from bad to outright trash, and you will never be able to do anything against competent survivors with them. I always laugh when I have to face a Nightmare or Cannibal.

BBQ&C only lasts 4 seconds, so you can easily get out of there in time or fake a hiding spot.
NC's range is shorter than the terror radius, so just stop your healing as soon as you hear the TR and you are safe.

It's pretty fun for a while, wether you play killer or survivor is up to your personal preferences.

has good points, but by the time you have to play against people who try that hard you'll probably be already tired of the game.
I'd suggest to ignore the metagame for starters and just fuck around with whatever looks fun.
If you do decide to take this game serious enough to meet the proper metagame then be ready to spend hundreds of hours grinding and leveling characters.
Well and if you've reached that stage then I suppose you've got your moneys worth

There's a crap load of other similar games out there.
Friday the 13th for instance, and White Noise 1&2 as well.

There was also another one that I can't remenber the name but it was far more action oriented.
The survivors had guns to defend themselves but the "monster" worked like Specials in Left4Dead: you're free to move around before spawning so you can pick a good location to ambush and you can also lay down traps in that mode.

It's an interesting concept but I'm not sure Death by Daylight does a good job at it.
Survivors just seem to run around and make some bars raise up overtime before running away and that's it.
White Noise 2 did a lot more with it, having different lanterns, different skill checks that are better than bars slowly going up and more variety in options for the monster.

It's just a shame that these games rarely feature bots so you could play in singleplayer, though…

Other than the concept of "A bunch of Humans vs 1 monster" they really arent that similar.
White Noise, F13, & DBD are all radically different games.

Last Year?
That one still isn't out yet, and the devs have been relatively secretive about, only making very infrequent updates.
Hopefully it turns out good.

It's not just the asymmetrical gameplay but also that the Humans don't win by killing the monster, instead having to complete a secondary objective before he finishes them all.
The idea obviously being that, if you could kill the monster, he would be the one being hunted and the horror element completely lost, so in that they are indeed similar.

But in terms of gameplay, they do have a lot of differences which is why I mentioned White Noise 2 since I think it does a better job at it than the other games.
It's a lot tame in terms of violence but it has far more gameplay than just running and making bars go up, while F13 and DBD seem to be more concerned about the show and visuals.

That's the one. It does seem to be a bit faster, considering how the hunter moves and they make it seem far more tactical too, I also hope it turns out okay.

Is White Noise 2 actually fun ? I really want to have a game which goes in the direction of DBD but is good and not crap.

I pirated it so I didn't got to try the multiplayer. There's AI for the Monster but you're alone against it.
However here's what I got from it:

The characters you pick matter a lot since everyone has different statistics. It's not very clear what each one is for, but some are basic stats like running speed and others affect how fast one accomplishes many tasks or passive bonuses. Every character also has feats and flaws that set a playstyle for it.
This means that team composition is a nice factor with some depth placed to it.

Besides your character, your flashlight is also very important. It's your only tool of defense against the monster, but it's also running on power that deplete and you need extra batteries to keep it on.
You can turn it off to save power but the whole game is pitch black.
There are several different lanterns to pick, some last longer, some light up further, etc.

The game revolves around a group of 4 investigators searching up a location for Clues to seal the monster. These are tapes and the like that, once you have enough, you win. Everyone has a compass that briefly points towards the closest tape with a cooldown (affected by skills) and you can hear static sounds when near one.

Sometimes there are places where a specific section of actions is required to unlock something, like turning on 3 switches in the right order, etc.Skills often affect this as well. The results aren't always another tape, sometimes it just weakens the monster of strengthens the investigators.

The monster is constantly searching the investigators, having better vision but still needing to track by sound and sight.
The second they point their flashlight at you, you'll be stunned for a while but not for long.
You have 4 skills depending on the monster to try and break the party or make them paranoid.
There's also Shrines around the map that alert you whenever an investigator is nearby and several monster skills revolve around using shrines as well.
You catch an Investigator and you gain a boon but you don't outright kill them until you pick the same guy 3 times, however this can snowball indeed.

It's not some horribly gory action experience, but it can be quite fun, especially with friends. Last I checked you could also unlock cosmetics just from playing the game but I did read that there were some issues regarding players using bots to farm the game for those cosmetics or to unlock more hunters.

See a few Youtube videos and pirate it if you want to give it a try.

This game is shit and wouldn't be worth the money even if it was free.

I#ve paid 16euros for it back when it released and have amassed 96 hours in it by playing it every now and then.
96 hours of entertainment for 16euros is worth it I'd say

The game is twitch bait.

Very few maps.

Goes extremely boring after a week at best.

It's really fun when you first start because the game is balanced around low ranks, when you get to high ranks you start to realize how fucked the balancing is. Premade groups break the game so if you're playing killer dodge any 3 or 4 man groups that try to join you. Don't buy any new DLC until it's been out at least 2 or 3 weeks, they immediately nerfed Freddy into the ground because he was killing too many rank 20s on a free weekend. If you're playing survivor level up Claudette first for Self Care, if you want to play killer get Leatherdaddy and level him up first for BBQ & Chili.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Well, i guess i just be a good goy and give the kikes my 10 shekels to try it out. Playing multiplayer games alone or just against bots is kinda pointless.

Great concept killed by repetitive gameplay. I like the one sided combat and reliance on the player actually having to hunt down other players, but the game needs more variety.

They could at least mix up objectives. Space Station 13 does it just fine.

what?

I've always wanted to fuck Jasons retarded asshole
Atleast the game got a singleplayer mode so I can be with him alone

Billy is legit better than the Nurse atm. BBQC gave the billy a huge advantage and his skill cap isn't as high as the nurse and you can make mistakes as him that would otherwise fuck you up as the nurse.