Battlefleet gothic 2 is coming this year

Battlefleet gothic 2 is coming out this year.

seems like Tindalos interactive even though they have a dark past ex: the Moba: stellar impact are transforming themself into angels thanks to the glory of the Emperor.

>remember that battlefleet gothic even with all it's flaws was the only game that made Focus home use a verry consumer friendly "pre order bonus" called "early adopter" where whenever you pre order it, bought it day one or within the 1st month you would get the same bonus and free content. A proof that they trusted the quality of this game in contrast with Space Hulk deathwing where they locked Lore content ( a mace) behind a pre order exclusivity bonus

what are your though on battlefleet Gothic 2 ? your hopes, your dreams, or nightmares ?

I only hope that they won't fuck up the balance like in the first one.

It's looking pretty good, the designs and details are top tier, the Nids give me a stiffy.

The balance went like so:
It didn't help max level ships cost the same to deploy as level 1 ships.

Are the ships still going to be floaty as fuck? Is the game still going to be MO focused and dead within a month?

They'll royally fuck it up like they did the first game

I liked the first game though, flaws and all
It was an attempt with a poorly stringed budget

don't get me wrong, I liked the first game, but it certainly failed to meet expectations and their focus on multiplayer was a disaster
I'd rather have campaigns for all the factions than have multiplayer in a game like this

Didn't the first one just come out? Are the Warhammer 40k fans really going to fall for another shovelware scam?

looks like shit tbh, it has still the same retarded 2d plane gameplay instead of an actual homeworld-like 3d combat system

I am truly looking forward to it.

Then go play Homeworld you faggots
Battlefleet is based on the tabletop

because it's designed off the TT which is "ships of the line" in space

Both of you fucking disgust me. I don't give a fuck it's based off tabletop, that's no excuse for ignoring the fact the game is set in space. Not like these surrender monkeys are bothering to transfer the tabletop rules into the game.

Go drink bleach you filthy animals.

I think that you're a shilling piece of shit.

How would 3d even work then none oif the ships are designed to work ind 3d space.

are they frenchfrogs?

Almost like a ship in space can rotate on its axis to aim the guns at a ship on another plane or angle. But I guess I'm expecting too much of the subhuman Roman rape babies.

More like Freedom Frogs, amirite?

Wonder how the modding community will do on this, I want to see more space battles from IPs that are now shit but don't want to buy/consume any of that (((current year))) bullshite a-la Star Wars, Gaylo, Star Trek etc

Stay mad then

Ye

They never released tools for it for the last game, I'd be surprised if this one is modder friendly

What is the point of devs hording the tools to themselves? Vapid pride?

Judaism and the fact they don't want the goyim to experience a superior product.

then be happy, that's what they said. 1:19

you tremendous faggot.
this is w40k
space battle in w40k are based on NAVAL warfare, ships are designed that way.
go play star wars empire at war with 40k mod if you want that stuff.
Here ships are for example, suppose to be able to ram each other.

this is about respecting 40k. you just want another game.
In a similar fashon as thoses retarded dow3 fans who defend the lack of synch kills and how un-dow, "un-40k" the game is and feel in favour of "slik&smooth SC2 gameplay".

I bet you hate 2D RTS

It's on a flat plane too you cockgobbler.

If they are in space, yes.

they also said that for the first game too

Source?

fucking kill yourself please.

user, you are genuinely retarded.

He's talking about 3D movement nigger

Games Workshop themselves don't even respect 40K, why on earth would I.

play battlestar galactica then. it uses 3d space

are you telling me that in homeworld you can actualy ask your ship to simply "go up" ? or you just target something and based on the location fo that thing it will move up or down?

because in Empire at war if two ships are on the same "plane" one will go down and it create illusion of 3d movement. Fighter fight like that, goes around asteroids etc .

Yes, you ignorant, underage subhuman.

Go play Homeworld and maybe your stepdad will stop belting you for being so fucking stupid.

Not Real Time though
Still lots of fun

Yes you dumb nigger, go play it

are you guys really sperging so much just because the game is not set in actual 3D space?
is there some kind of law written in stone saying that no game may ever have space combat set in a plane? is star control II a shitty game just because the combat is 2d?

We have a warhammer thread. Fuck off shill

fair enouth,
that still does not change my main point>>14251690

When was SC2 released? Oh, that's right, in 1992. What exactly is their excuse here?

The tabletop? They're not following the rules of the tabletop. So all that's left is that they stuck it on a 2D plane because they're lazy French niggers making a game for people as equally dumb as they are. Homeworld was released close to 20 years back, yet no single space RTS has managed to come close to the depth and complexity of it.

It's.
Based.
On.
A.
Tabletop.
Game.
You.
Absolute.
Mongoloid.

It plays nothing like the tabletop you stupid nigger.

Keep bitching

Do you know what "based on" means you reading comprehension challenged shitstain?
Want to continue your autistic screeching like a butthurt assburger, be my guest.

It doesn't mean what you think it means.

If it means that you will keep being perpetually butthurt I hope all devs continue to do it.

It's not my job to stop you from being a cuck.

oh.. so you are saying that there is a law written in stone saying that any game –made after the 90's– cannot have 2D combat?

yeah let's forget about all the features and every single aspect of the game, the single fact that the battle mechanic of the game is set in a planar environment means that the game is utter unplayable shit.
that's like a textbook example of autism, when i say that you are sperging i am not saying that in the metaphorical sense, that is one of the actual symptoms of autism.
"Restricted interests: Interests or fixations that are abnormal in theme or intensity of focus"

I'm saying this will be an inferior product. We already have a blueprint for a good RTS set in space, we've had it for nearly 20 years. I'm not going to make excuses for their gookclicker turd.

These stupid Celtic niggers fail at game development just as much as they fail at warfare.

You can keep bitching until you're blue in the face, doesn't change the fact the first game was garbage and this game will be garbage as well. Why even bother making an RTS involving ships in space if you're going to make it play like any other RTS out there? Just because they slapped 40k models on top doesn't make it unique or interesting, let alone engaging. It's a dumb game made for the StarCraft audience.

Keep sperging lad, this is getting funny.
It's almost like you're pretending none of us want something like Homeworld because people are looking forward to this game.

easy there, reddit.

More like forcing a sequel.
Do we really need yearly sequels for every fucking thing now?

Stop lying you dumb nigger.

One has to wonder why considering what garbage the first game was. Do you expect the carbon copy of the sequel to mysteriously improve on the shitty mechanics of the first?

Oy vey, frog rabbi, getting a little hot under the collar, are we?

I get you're an intellectual dwarf, but this is fucking sad. Broadsides are not a mechanic, nor is teleportation, or ramming, they're part of the lore. They are neither activated nor calculated like you would in a tabletop session you complete imbecile.

Might as well argue that Space Marine is ripped straight from the tabletop because you get a bolter and a jetpack.

We have ourselves and intellectual giant here.

It's okay, running away like a bitch is what I expected after all. Must have really gotten you hot and bothered.

The first game wasnt shovelware at all man.

But there isn't anything in tabletop that has you run around with a bolter and a jump pack, There's down to small squad gameplay and ttrpgs. Your argument is like saying regicide isn't based on chess because the pieces remove themselves automatically from the board.

and yet you're forever a virgin loser dweeb with no life

It doesn't really matter that much if it's 3D or not, it's easier to work with 2D so it's not just a choice of appeal. Now if say they made an uncharted-flavored Rogue Trader game then I'd be more weary.

You're replying to a retard comparing an RTT to an RTS in an attempt to derail the thread.
Stop falling for the bait

In other news, Rule the Waves 2 is set to come out sometime this year. a4a99d wouldn't like it, though, since it's 2d.

Where? I can't find any mention of the sequel later than March 2017.

Im cautiously optimist about the game. First game was good, but flawed because they screwed the balance, and dint bother much to fix it. But looks like the sequel will be really good. But of course, one must remember that many times hope is the first step on the road of disappointment….
Now, if they will release all factions at launch, perhaps they are more interested in making a full game, and to sell it at full price ($60)( Perhaps they will not make sales of it in the short term, so one must be prepared for no big price reductions on Steam…), but if not, then what kind of DLC would they make?

3D games are unplayable for human. Because humans are not birds. Humans can't comprehended 3d naturally. All really successful games are played in 2D plane.

It maybe it surprise for you but just look at popular games.
CS? No vertical movement, extreamly flat level design. One look at top down map of the game gives you 100% understanding what is happening. 2D+
SC? Enough said. DoTa? WoW? WoT?

Like 95% of players play games where 2D map fully reflects situation. In true 3D these players would be lost. These makes games with truly 3D interaction inherently inferior to the 2D or 2D+ games as such game would be aiming at extremely small portion of the possible gamers pool. Developer making such game would be shooting himself in the foot.

People asking for 3D are caught in the fallacy: "bigger is better, more complex is better". It is not.

What dark past? Stellar Impact was pretty good if shortlived.
BFG is pretty to close it gameplay wise.
Tindalos is the kind of studio that should give hope to Holla Forums, start making a decent small game, switch up to bigger, make another decent game.

Let's hope they continue on that path.

Focus is an indy publisher, monetization of content is largely a decision left to the devs AFAICT because they have a very diverse lineup and there clearly isn't one model or another they push, while you can clearly see studios published by them having one (Dotnod does episodes, Eugen/Tindalos does a free content + paying DLC faction, Cyanide does full price games, etc…).
I think they just take a cut in exchange of some PR/industrial work and leave the studios largely alone.

Why should I stop educating sheep who stumble aimlessly in the dark?

If you will make game that can't be clearly interpreted via 2D map it would flop. It would be too complex for normal humans to comprehend.

Previous one wasn't a full price game, it was 40$ I think, less with pre-order?

i am aware that this is obviously bait but:

It's not a turn based game but it does plays very close to the tabletop.

Honestly this is a fucking retarded move, they're doing the same thing that turned Soulstorm into a mess. Too many factions means the content is going to be paper thin, we already know the company did an awful job on the first one and you can bet your firstborn to the Emperor that they're going to be DLC exclusive. Its transparent that Tindalos is hoping the promise of bigger battles will distract people to buy before they notice it.

All that said, if they manage to deliver on, even if not on every item, I'll be impressed. While still having flaws, the first one did surprise me.

Reminder the Necrons flew five small ships into imperial space and landed on mars, with the entire force of the Imperium unable to stop them enjoying a holiday there. This was forced from canon by salty Imperium cucks who couldn't handle a small tourist party of necrons landing on a planet in the home system like absolute madmen, embarrassing the entire human race

verry consumer friendly "pre order bonus" called "early adopter" where whenever you pre order it, bought it day one or within the 1st month you would get the same bonus and free content. A proof that they trusted the quality of this game
I fucking love current year+3.

It does sound a bit ridiculous, unless they didnt expect any enemy on mars and had no major fleet there or something like that

gonna stop you right there. Your subjectivity isn't law.

I rather enjoyed the first game.

necron ships were just that formidable, but they did end up getting vaporized in the end. Im more interested why they decided to head for mars. Some say its actually a C'tan inside the core. Or that Mars may actually be a tomb world and they tried to reactivate it

I've seen this theory thrown around but the imperials are too canon sue and the nucrons too suck for anything game changing to occur even if true.

Void Dragon then, if that woke up then RIP fucking Earth. Or I saw a joke post that the adeptus mechanicus activated a necron planet harvest beacon for jokes to see what would happen and how far the necrons could make it into Imperal Space

A tomb world awakening on Mars would probably be an improvement for the planet. Maybe the necrons could clean up the thousands of years worth of demonic, sentient computer viruses, rogue technological monstrosities, and angry machine spirits. Hell, there's probably still functional iron men factories buried there.

i did not played it but many said they droped it to soon. and by "dark" i mainly implying "basic"/forgetable game with mixed reviews and such.

i agree. In the current day and age were DoW3 killed DoW to the point of not being able to bet on a DoW4 … it's good to see a dev rising up.
and Unlike Spiders studio. (technomancer, mars war log etc) they seems to have enouth money or at least abble to manage it well enouth if you played the technomancer it was nice but you could see and feel how much budget was an issue and how great it could have been with a triple A financement

Stop.
you sound like of thoses early ps1 3d crazy guys who think 3d should be everywhere in every genre.
what's next?
or maybe

Would the ruinous powers allow a powerful C'tan like that to revive? The void dragon could wipe out a large swathe of the galaxy with its power and the necrons. I don't know what's still canon with necrons though, apparently pariahs are non-canon now

Anything lorewise about the Mechanicum worshipping/seeing an interest in the Necrons?
They're pretty much what they love in technology, they're even controlled by a DemiGod tier entity and everything.

Apparently Imperium, Eldar and Necrons will all become allied against Chaos

I can only imagine how long this took to render.
Nice job user

Is completely correct.

3D maps and models are not the same as the game playing in 3D. Even with VR, you cannot see 360 degrees in all axes. Birds have eyes that protrude slightly from their heads on either side of their skulls - they can see the sky directly above their heads and the ground directly beneath their chins, what is almost directly in front of them, and what is almost directly behind them at all times, simultaneously. Please do not try to convince yourselves that you can see past 180 degrees horizontally from the plane of your face, and even 100 degrees vertically, given that you both almost certainly posses a skull with a brow that covers your eyes. You are both objectively retarded if you cannot grasp this concept.

It's time to stop

The next battle set is set on mars with necrons fighting the skitarii, expect xeno shenanigans.

Someone has got their (17) jimmies rustled and can't control his pea brain.

I fucking hate this board now. The bait isn't even funny anymore, just insultingly stupid.

No doubt a single ultramarine wiped out the entire Necron fleet. I fucking hate how GW keeps pandering to 13 year olds with their constant sperg marine fluffing.

Warhammer remains the only shining beacon of western gaming.

Along with some strategy titles, that's it.

What the fuck am I reading?

Mechanic-wise you will not be able to play battlefleet on a homeworld plane.

It would be incredibly difficult on a homeworld plane. You are terribly underestimating the amount of shit you need to do in this game.

user I….

Use the same method but add holding alt for up and down.

Use the same method but add holding alt for up and down.

Use the same method but add holding alt for up and down. Gee, it's like you didn't play Homeworld at all and are just full of shit.

You have like six to eight ships at the most, if you find this all too taxing you might want to try something like call of duty.

Stop making excuses for devs with a track record of being lazy and incompetent.

Are you really comaring these sort of torpedoes to the ones in battlefleet ? The machics of these ones are completely different.
Except they dont use boosted turns which changes the game A LOT.
To say bullshit like this you have not played the game at all. Many ship designs involve frontal and broadside weaopns that make every turn valuable and range to enemy highly important.
Stop trying to make every game homeworld. Battlefleet would play completely diffrently if it was in a fully 3d pane and it would be worse because of it. Try doing ship clashes in full 3d, which is the main mechanic of the orks.

No that's all you and your tenuous grasp of english.

This is the statement in particular that makes me doubt your english. What I am trying to say is they don't even need to change much in Battlefleet, its really as simple as just holding alt for the z axis on top of the regular controls, like Homeworld. The only addition to the hud you would need would be a button for boosted rolls, if they choose to have them, but I think that would be stupid and even then you could just hold alt while pressing the boosted turn buttons.

There was nothing wrong about that statement and your kneejerk reaction makes me think I pressed a button.

I'm pretty sure adding another axis isn't going to change an RTT into an RTS.

That's your opinion. It's wrong.

It would be fucking amazing to see an ork ship smash through the belly of some faggot eldar with their huge retarded wingspans, but we will never get it because of faggots like you hailing mediocrity.

Not even what I'm talking about nigger, you really do have shit english. Do you even remember what the original point of this argument was? Your post has nothing to do with it so I have to ask.

No argument, the post.

So does anybody here have their eyes on space hulk ascension?
i have a key for it if you want it.

gtfo . thank god people like you are not in charge of the development of battlefleet gothic.
this video amde me happy because the 1st thing we heard is the lead game designer who is abble to trully grasp the essence of what BATTLEFLEET GOTHIC is:

YOU want homeworld with a 40k mod. Sorry battlefleet gothic is battlefleet gothic, if you want homeworld, play homeworld.
this is as retarded as asking a RPG game to add ALL THE FEATURES of all the RPG ever done … because it was done on other game (like being abble to become the bad guy geneforge series )

I would like it.

I made my points and you completely ignored them. I was only ever talking about controls and you sperg out about everything else. Go reread the posts you well established illiterate.

Oh look another illiterate who likes this game he never even played yet, I'm noticing a theme here.

The spergout in this thread reminds me of a triggered leaf.

You made shitty arguments comparing different games and demanding game 1 to be like game 2.
Go back to homeworld.

It will make it clusterfuck.

Humans have limited abilities. This is fact even if you don't like it. You are suggesting cutting gamer's pool by 90%. Good for stroking of your ego bad for developer.

The Void Dragon is on Mars, one of the last C'tan (well we don't know if it's The void dragon, but there is definitely a metal dragon that used to live in space and ate stars imprisoned there; so…). The Emperor bitch slapped it, stuffed it in a box, then later buried the box so the martians humans would get obsessed with technology so that humanity would get better WiFi.

In-lore Necrons can do pretty much whatever the fuck they want, they have space and time manipulation tech, they don't use warp jumps either. The only reason they don't curmstomp everyone is:
1) There aren't many.
2) They rarely leave their sectors/subsector.

yea right

By Sanguinius that's a ugly language

In the old lore: because they ARE SLEEPING. C'tan ate anything they treated as having value and went to sleep. Necron theme is incomprehensible old terror so old it goes past any history you shouldn't awake from sleep. You awake them you suffer, you can't escape, you can't win. Necron is literally omnipotent terror power meme before memes were born with name

In the nu-lore: nu-lore is nu-lore.

And I fucking hate necrons and tyranids and everything done with them so far

because space doesn't have gravity user

Is the first one even worth playing? It looked like shit to me, and even my friend who bought it and is super into Warhammer I only saw play it like 3 times.

Only if this new one isn't shit
Because yeah, it lacks content, but it's pretty enjoyable.

Yes, of course, which is why I said the first one surprised me. I really enjoyed the first despite its flaws so I hope they pull through with the sequel and at least give people something to work with.

it is.
the main issue with the game is in multiplayer or skirmish vs IA when you have to tediously grind Level to get a full army (with battleship)

thank god there isn t microtransaction with lootbox and exp boost though

where's the fucking key user?