FPS/RTS Hybrids

Anyone noticed there's been a surge of FPS/RTS hybrids coming out lately?
Why is that? I don't remember any of them being particularly good apart from Natural Selection and Empires Mod. Am I missing out on something?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/624970/Battlezone_Combat_Commander/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_and_Fall:_Civilizations_at_War
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Iron Grip and Nuclear Dawn
This hybrid has been thought out and developed for years, just hasn't been given a budget or the streamline necessary, especially since console and RTS don't mix.

It has tons of untapped potencial though, RTS player vs FPS team would be top tier as well like Zombie Master.

The only one I heard from your pictures was Executive Assault, 2 is looking pretty good.
The only one that looks like it has potential and isn't shovelware is Eximius

And let's not forget about Call to Arms
Though like I said, these things have always been unpopular for some reason.

I remember the games actually being fun to play but the community being absolutely shit.
Casing example
or

Did Renegade have RTS elements in its multiplayer?

Because pretty much every single FPS/RTS has absolutely atrocious animations and visuals, along with generic gameplay.

Not really which was a missed opportunity.

Only found those on NS2 due to Steamcucks though, most of the things I played were either too casual about it or were well coordinated.

Not really
Just repairing damaged shit and some temporary turrets.

So you've never played one of them?

I admit that I have not, but I have seen gameplay of a bunch and that was always the case. Something always felt wrong about them. Either the visuals were bland or the FPS animations were lackluster.
If there are any solid exceptions to this then I will gladly try them out. The graphics don't even need to be good. I just want them to not look like some kind of frankenstein game made with random community market assets.

Not all of them had a lack of production values, they just didn't have a good degree of popularity either due to a lack of push/marketing and smaller companies.

That's why I'd rather keep the game asymmetrical, one player commander vs enemy soldier team. The fact one player has disproportionate power and responsibility is just bound to spawn situations like that.

No. As a matter of fact, it was close to a MOBA/FPS hybrid, than RTS/FPS
I fear the day EA decides to create Renegade 2 to compete with Overwatch, just for it to flop and the series to be forgotten once more.

I have some sort of Evil Genius/James Bond vibes from that. One player is essentially a supervillain controlling armies of henchmen while players are secret agents.

I was gonna suggest mix of superheroes, secret agents and other pulpy protagonist types with The Incredibles-esque aesthetic, but you know what? Fuck this toon shit, I want a hyper-realistic ARMA tier tacticool action of elite task force trying to take down emerging superhuman intelligence AIs in a near future world. The AI is capable of coordinating many units and all, but it needs to collect resources, scrap and electronics and all that, from surroundings, to upgrade itself. Meanwhile the soldiers gotta collect supply drops which while handy for AI too, are more important for them. Both factions run around the map, trying to sabotage resource collection of other group until either AI gains the overwhelming tech/numbers advantage or the troopers rack up enough heavy armaments to take down the AI core.

So you want a non-shit Terminator game?

Yes. Precisely. Though I would also accept a non-shitty Independence Day game with RTS player controlled aliens

IIRC it was basically like Tribes, you just get cool loadouts and vehicles based on C&C using a point bank that accumulates points based on your score. Plus thebase turrets. In fact upon further reflection, I think they were just trying to cash in on Tribes' success since T2 was very popular at that time.

Renegade was for all purposes actually pretty bad.

Independence Day was shit though.

I think the genre would work better if they were to drop the commander aspect and let all the players freely engage in the rts aspect without having to depend on one player being competent.

That's why RTS player vs FPS players would work so well.
Zombie Master works wonderfully despite being a mod with clunky controls and ,
maps with iffy balance.

I only found out today that there is a remake of Battlezone 2 releasing later in the year. Is it worth being excited about? I loved the original game and it scratched an itch that no game since has done.
store.steampowered.com/app/624970/Battlezone_Combat_Commander/

Never played the sequel, but Rebellion did a good job with the remaster of the first one.
I'd say go for it when it's 10-15 bucks

The more random events you can throw at the player the more you can hide that you a running a skinner box.

Fucking graphics fags, looking over decent games in a relatively unexplored genre because they can't handle a few jaggies. Neck yourselves please.

Is Legends of Ellaria any good? And I know Executive Assault 1 was kind of rough, but it showed potential. I'd love to see what they do with a sequel. Not familiar with the other 2 games in your post.

Maybe in a few years I can get my dream game of having a cooperative campaign in one of these games

Wouldn't work if everyone had to share resources since the first to spend screws everyone else.
Also completely removes the whole point of RTS elements, to have one guy in charge of monitoring the field and come up with a strategy without having to worry about the FPS aspects.

The first aspect could be solved by having per-player resources in addition to the base.
Either each player has resources to spend as they see fit or contribute to the Commander, or they have Gold that they use to buy supplies but can also buy new buildings, paying the price of normal resources to the Commander that can then use Gold to pay for resources for himself.
This creates a neat feedback loop where players perform they role to get Gold, buy the buildings they think are important and the Comander gets gold for it to buy his own stuff.

The second aspect only fails because there's no reason to do whatever the Commander tells you to do, not to mention the terrible controls they often get to give orders. You solve this by making Commanding something actually decent with Magesty gameplay.

You drop an "Attack" Flag in an area and drop some Gold as a reward for it. Everyone dealing damage in a radius around that flag earns money, kills much more. You can automate a flag to automatically drain your coffers to refill itself and it's reward is based on how much you placed there.
Do the same for Defending, giving money just for being near and a lot for killing enemies and now you have a basic reward system to easily command an unlimited amount of players.
A Squad leader could also earn double the reward for himself and any squaddie standing near him so people stay together to their squad.

These games would also greatly benefit from NPCs to complement squads and inflate how many units there are fighting at any time. Just having 3-5 NPCs following each player and attacking nearby enemies or providing support (they'd basically be mobile equipment mostly) would make a fight look amazing even with few players.

You describe Natural Selection 2.
Best game
Worst community

It was a game with good ideas, only problem was that the IA pathfinding was atrocious.

You forgot the one that happened in pubs all the time:
That game was really fun when it wasn't going full on cancer like it normally would if given the chance.

The funny thing is that, for most of these games, players never get much of a chance to practice being a commander, so they never improve.
For a team of 10 players and assuming everyone takes equal turns, for every attempt at commander, you'll have 9 as regular team member so people that actually play the FPS game really well will not only suck at the RTS part but they'll also complain about the other player not being as good at it.

it's pretty good

Battlezone 2 is fucking great
but as said, wait till it's around $10

What is funny about that to me at least, is that I feel like if everyone understood the bs the commander had to deal with in a regular game, people would have been a lot more cooperative. And I agree with what you mentioned too. The more experienced faggots in that game were way too unforgiving of new commanders. Especially in servers with the names (Noobs Only/Welcome/etc).

The influence a Commander has in a game might be a tad bit too high to the point that he alone can make or break a game, invalidating how good everyone else is or isn't.
Still, if people wanted a regular shooter, they could play that instead, they're just being faggots, that's all.

Why would anyone join a server that says this? For any game at all, actually.
These servers are always filled to the brim with faggots that actually aren't noobs anymore, they just don't want to play against skilled players because they aren't good enough for that and still consider themselves noobs, despite having a lot more experience than actual noobs.

If someone wants to learn, you're better off joining regular servers since the regular players will probably just fuck around and not try to win that hard, plus they can give you better advice and act way nicer than try hards.

That would mostly be due to the fact that there were only a few servers with players towards the end.

Though even around launch I remember seeing a bunch of people bitching about vets going in there and curb stomping people for fun. So you are definitely right in the sense that it was more a new player trap rather than a place where they could learn. Just wish more veteran players opted to help instead of just bitch and moan like usual (if said new players were on their teams). Maybe the playerbase would have stuck around longer if they did. Or maybe it would have died out anyway given all the issues that game had over the years.

Wait, Executive Assault has a sequel? Is it even out?

I tried my hand at the genre for a little /agdg/ project. I really love the idea, the execution is the hard part. I don't think anyone really managed to marry the two genres in a right way

No I haven't. I have never heard of anything you posted, either. I know of the first Executive Assault game, but I had no idea there was a second.

They can often be much better than other servers. For example: Chivalry. That game is broken as fuck and I don't want to play with people abusing the shit out of the broken mechanics with a macro to change their sensitivity constantly so they can do instant 360s while swinging. The "noob" servers still have those sometimes, but generally they have much less tryhard faggots like that.

Here another idea. Make player a SQUAD. Instead of controlling 1 unit he controls squad say of 10 similar units. Player can take direct control of any unit in his squad in the FPS manner, other units of the squad follow RTS orders issued by player (follow me (default), attack map point, defend map point, attack unit X etc). If players unit is killed he can instantly jumps into another unit of his squad. Or just forgets about personal controls and issue orders from map menu hovering over his squad and having vision of what his squads sees.

For what purpose? Asymmetrical gameplay and more bloodshed. Standard FPS due to balance means that 1 unit has to be equal to 1 unit from any team. Otherwise player will not play if they need to assemble team of 10 to defeat one enemy. But this also means that there can't be "heroic style" combat one some super soldiers chopping through huge hordes of weak enemies. (think of Chaos Space marine vs Imperial Guard Platoon or Squad of Hormagaunts). In the suggested system player can choose between super units or squad "of weak units". Combat between such teams would be in much greater scale and with x10 more number of kills but still it is balanced and 1 player has equal combat power to the 1 player in another team.

This was already done in the L4D in weak form. Zombie side has Horde. That outnumbers other team but consist of extremely weak units so balance is maintained. We all can see how this Horde adds mass of action and bloodshed. Fights only against special zombies would be extreamly boring.

They look like tiny benises

Thanks for making this thread, as it happens I was just thinking a few days ago that I should try looking into RTS/FPS games because of a sudden itch. I got a lot of new games to check out now, I might try Call to Arms first because it was in a bundle recently so there's maybe a larger playerbase; has anyone played it ?
I heard that Angels Fall First has a commander mode on infantry maps but is it a basic commander mode like BF2 or a more elaborate one, with base building and tech trees ?

Did somebody just say… FPS/RTS hybrids?

tags: Renegade X

Renegade doesn't have a single RTS element though.

Relevant to the thread

Are you mentally challenged?

Seconding this, and adding Space Hulk for DOS.

IIRC, Unvanquished (formerly known as Tremulous/Alien Arena fork) is still alive and shows signals of life like Xonotic.

Play Age of Mythology, I was never much of an RTS guy but I gave it a proper go for the first time only a year or two ago and it made me quite interested in the genre. Great game.

Which is why individual resources would be ideal, each player can recruit a couple of ai miners to collects resources for their personal pool while they fight, using resources gathered to fund their equipment and any building constructions the player feels will help the team.

Not really because the game still plays like an RTS and there's no reason why the player can't also switch to an RTS view when they want to stop to save up resources and get a better idea of the current battle situation. The whole idea of "commander gives players orders" always ends up a bit gimmicky and isn't really taken seriously because no one plays computers games just to be ordered around like they're at work.

It's too bad general playerbases can be counted on to be awful. It was so fun playing empires mod when you had a concentrated effort as a team, everyone doing their mission. I'm not sure anything would be enough to save inexperienced commanders from a horde of losing squaddies though.

Is this a bad time to point out Tiberium was going to be an FPS/RTS hybrid, i.e. there was going to be unit command and even basebuilding in multiplayer from the first person perspective?

I added a model a bit later

No
It hurts

There was this game that was like this but like age of empires.

wew though seriously nice work

You mean the canned C&C MMO?

Nice don't give up on your dreams user

Pic related

It's shit

Probably was going to be although the fact it was looking to be more Planetside Tiberium Edition makes me curious how it would have at least turned out

never mind.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_and_Fall:_Civilizations_at_War

AFF commander mode in my experience is just telling others "go attack that point" or "fuck THAT guy up" and getting lots of points for that.

It's a basic commander mode. You have a tactical map where you can select people and tell them to attack\defend an objective or person. You and them get Command Points if they follow that order however, which is how you rank up as commander.

It's a fun game but could use some more polish and I'm a little bit sad how you just teleport inside vehicles. For tanks and the like it's not a problem but with spaceships, it's somewhat boring. Kinda makes me wish Delta Force was set in space.

Why not just give the commander AI units.

Terrible idea, actually. If you kept changing to every other unit whenever your own died, it'd make for a very confusing and frustrating experience with the camera constantly shifting around, especially since it's not done on your command.

A squad leader with strong statistics than their squadmates would work a lot better since you don't die as often but if you lose most of your squad, you'll have to retreat anyway.
Then again, Republic Comando already did this really fucking well.

Balance issues, I suppose. If the players would be too strong, the commander units would be irrelevant, but if the reverse happened, everyone would just be tagging along with the commander, not actually making any contribution.
It'd be really hard to balance things so that the foot players are important but not too important.

But otherwise that'd be a brilliant idea. The Comander can essentially direct the flow of the game by choosing where he sends the bulk of his units while every player is free to join and help attack\defend or perform secondary missions instead that require a lot of micro.
Foot players would essentially be auto-micro advanced units essentially, as long as the game revolved around the armies that the comanders use.

Now you're reminding me of the time someone me tried shilling the game here and it somehow ended up bringing some completely oblivious kid into the thread because SOMEONE not me couldn't keep opsec so some faggot on their forums found the thread and linked here.
Fun game though, too bad there's basically no reason to play anything but engie, at least at last check.

Don't underestimate the autism of your fellow anons. They threw a big shitfit and refused to play it on game night because of this.

Sounds like derailers or cuckchan tryng to fit in

That was tongue in cheek. I would like to have another go at it with anons, but after last time, it doesn't seem like a good idea.

It would be option for those who can handle such. If you can't you can switch to something akin to BF, after death you hover over map and can choose are new body for "respawn" (control in this case). Reinforcements spawn in re-spawn points and then walk automatically to join your squad (or stay in the re-spawn points and wait for your squad picking them up if you give them such order)

Fuck forced coordination and teamwork. It works clunky when real people are involved. Games where player can effectually act alone play much smoother.

you did good

picture related

You're not understanding it, it's a very horrible experience. you're essentially constantly switching loadout, position and perspective every time you die and since you have no control when it happens, it always ends up screwing with your head.

Clive Barker's Jericho had a somewhat similar idea with you switching around team menbers at will to use their weapons and abilities, however the difference was that you were the one choosing to leave a body most of the times and the TTK was quite high so it wasn't so jarring when you were forced to switch.

Now top with this trying to click on a unit to "possess" and it dies before you're in control (or it's made invulnerable during the process)
Seriously, don't try to "bad motherfucker" this, it's not good design and it doesn't feel good at all. Players should never player the role of mooks.

I'm not sure you also got this right.
The idea is for a single player to have 3-5 NPCs in his squad that he commands around ala Republic Commando.
You, the leader, have more health, damage, equipment, etc than the NPCs following you, but they make up for it with numbers and specialized skills instead, but they are still NPCs that follow you to be used as necessary.

You don't understand the point of team games or even multiplayer games. You want to lone-wolf, go right ahead. Everyone has the right to be miserable, I suppose.

Savage is shit, though. Way too easy for one team to snowball and then the game is a slow decay that takes way too long to end (not unlike a MOBA, actually)

The first one also has terrible netcode, one guy posted here often and talked about it, how the veterans understood it well enough that they could fuck up other people very easily since what you think you're shooting at or meleeing at isn't actually there, etc.

The second one also seems Pay2Win as fuck, despite actually being a lot nicer than the first.

Machines

Ever notice how they come out as interesting ideas, then die out?

Problem being elitists scaring off the newbies, learning curves being too high That's not really a problem with those invested, but to the passing gamer, they'll just play it, get shitstomped and told to fuck off to some wiki, then refund the game, and games just generally being un-fun when one side has a commander that knows what they're doing alongside elitist space marine douchebags vs xenos who can't even shit out an egg when there's a giant glowing "SHIT EGG WITH Q" prompt in front of them.

Why bother learning when you can just play CoD and mash face into people's backs with guns blazing?

Most teamwork game ever invented, Counter Strike, has no forced team-play. Players are free to run around as headless chickens and die. But when they have knowledge and execution of game play mechanics they are free to join team in complex tactical and strategical plays. Because teamwork actually benefits them in this particular set of game rules and it comes natural. Teamwork appears because it makes sense not because "there are rules".

are you for real nigger

I don't remember Savage ever being popular. Either way, it's a shitty genre. It's forcing to you rely on a large number of people in order to win, which is never good. RTS is best 1v1. FPS is good when it's either 1v1, a SMALL team, or just a big non-competitive battle where you don't really give a shit about winning and just want to shoot people. None of these work in actual competitive settings where both losing makes the game less fun AND you have to rely on several people on your team to not be retards in order to not lose.

End your life

Pls how is it defiant to COD where people can die every 3 seconds only to re-spawn in completely random place and die again? Average FPS player can handle that (maybe you are not at the level of average COD player i don't know)

found your problem

>Implying friends within the physical realm are leaving their consoles. Can't blame them. They're all normies who play Monster Hunter World now that it's mainstream.

If you don't need "team-play" to win, it's not really "most teamwork game ever invented", is it?
That's like saying an FPS where you don't have to aim is the "most FPS game" ever.

You mean "different" and I have no idea where you're coming from, why are you mentioning COD at all when nobody else did so far?
The term you're looking for here is TTK or "time-to-kill" actually and COD did not invented it, arena shooters already have a short TTK unless there's good players in 1v1.

The problem isn't the low TTK, it's what it's compounded with. In COD or Quake or any other similar games, you don't just "respawn and die again" since you respawn somewhere far away, likely with no one nearby and you have a few seconds to both get your bearings and gear up.

Meanwhile, you're suggesting that if someone dies, he immidiatly takes the position of a squadmate, standing right next to him and in line to whoever killed his first life, which will indeed likely result in him die in seconds.

The only way you're going to find a group of people that large without pubs is by joining some autistic cult, and I'm not dedicating that much effort to a video game.

Should have a woman right below them to enhance the liberation value of the picture.
High speed tactical Liberation

Why? You'll join a server and easily outnumber the oposing team in terms of "coordinated dudes", so it's gonna be so easy it's not even funny.
Pubstomping gets old fast, these types of games are best enjoyed when everyone is on equal footing in terms of comunication and they become an insane chaotic mess where crazy shit happening is more fun than winning.
Playing with friends completely undermines that unless you all just want to fuck around.

>>>/cuckchan/

Some communities are better than others
RTS communities are usually pretty based some /k/ tier ones as well.

Nigger he's saying for you not to play with pubbies at all.

Friends ain't the answer.

I'd like to see an symmetric FPS where you get 1-2 squadmates along with you for extra tacticool and war simulation, but that'd require some effort to make competent AI and good netcode, so there's no hope of it happening.

Woah

RTS is 1v1 though. The only people who play anything other than 1v1 RTS are shitter babies who think RTS means city builder.

COD has very short TTK i don't get you point. COD death is sudden and fast.

Because it is staple nowadays FPS that average player plays and can handle it and often this game turns unto complete clusterfuck of massacre for losing side.

This Elitists attitudes of those who don't want smoothen learning curves and want for order players around and make them jump through hoops to have access to basic game feature doesn't help.

Are you mentally ill?

find some faggots online and make them your friends

then your opinion is worthless because you argue from the position that "doing less" is more important than "enjoying more"
we call people defending that position FUCKING CASUALS around here

what part of
needs clarifying?

picture related

Your absolutely need team-play to win in CS if other team has team-play and similar combat skills. You can only brutforce with combat skills if your are on different level of skill than opposition.

Yeah, because sending half a team to one choke point and half the other team to another is top tier teamplay game mechanics.
Woah, he just threw a smoke grenade so his teammates could push on through, what a team player, woah!!!
you sound like someone who has never played DoD in his life

lmao found the shitter

Except that's not at all what I said you fucking retard. Enjoying the game is more important than treating a video game like a fucking job.

I give up trying to understand your broken english, you're not even making sense anymore.
COD is a staple for casuals, it's not a study-case for anything other than how to babysit with a console, and even then, how does a game where you're at your strongest point when you spawn a "complete clusterfuck of massacre for losing side"?
Because killstreaks have nothing to do with the respawning mechanics that we were discussing (sole exception for Black Ops 2 due to it's horrible respawning).

Spray autism matters more than teamwork for CS. That's how little teamwork matters there.
A single guy with eidetic memory for his favorite gun's spray will slaughter an entire well coordinated team easily.

The part where playing with friends is even worse than that.
You'll either pubstomp with no chalenge at all or you're gonna play with tryhards that just want to win at all costs.

These games are best enjoyed for their chaotic nature and how out of control the whole thing is, not actually to win and score.

I'm beginning to see the point of and how this is actually terrible game design.
In very large teams, your individual contribution for the whole score tends to be just a small fragment so people end up playing mostly for their own sake and do what they find to be fun.
However, receiving orders from the Comander goes against that, and if he doesn't perform well at all, the amount of fun things you can do is reduced as well, so it plays against what most players want to do.

Fuckoff back to >>>/cuckchan/

It's already more than what CS has
>>>/cuckchan/

I do not consider Savage a good game at all, but at least there you could not simply coordinate where everyone else went but control the economy of your team as well, dispense buffs as needed, request siege and healing units as well and set up camps in forward position.

You can try at will to dismiss everything you never tried yourself, you're just looking less credible, especially when you give no good example yourself of "high level tactical coordination" for CS.

What is matter, little fella? Bad at a video games?

Are you joking? Ever heard about spawn trapping?

if performing better than the other team feels like a job to you in a specific genre maybe you should look for another genre
have you tried not playing competetive games as to not be a burden to your potential teammates?

okay how can I reformulate
so the message is clear?

What a shame, most of the games listed in this thread are dead. Which ones are alive enough to get a game going besides NS2 ?

But it spawned Renegade X, which is one of the best free games and fan projects there is.

AHAHAHAAH
It's picking what was supposed to be a random pattern and playing around it instead of learning how to aim with your actual crosshairs. It's not skill since you're not even actually aiming at this point, it's knowing where the bullets will deviate from regarding your crosshair.
If "burden of knowledge" is a skill, Dota is the most skillbased game you can find.

Why the fuck did you think I mentioned Black Ops 2, faggot? That game was indeed infamous because it's bad spawn points were terrible and allowed to easily spawn trap people.
Other games in the same series have more respawning points that do not allow for this to happen.

You brought COD as an example to say there's no problem with low TTK and bad respawns ending with you killed in quick successions and now you're saying the game is terrible because it allows just that?
Because your original idea of switching to a nearby team mate when you're killed is essentially being spawntrapped until everyone in your squad is dead, mate.
You're being retarded on purpose and yet I'm sure you don't know it somehow.

Pubs are only a problem if you're trying to win or if there are more competent people on one side than the other, otherwise they make for a far more entertaining experience.
Playing with friends just means less fun all around, especially if you still lose.

Hardly. The game snowballs really, really fast the second a team loses ANY building and because of this the game devolves into "who can dump an explosive charge on the oposing team's base the fastest?

But that's part of the reason of what makes it so fun.

I am saying that average casual players handle dying in quick succession just fine

Absolutely no other game uses this shit and learning "how to aim" with an AK will mean jackshit if you pick an M16. Do you understand how retarded this is? Learning a skill that's non-transitive to any other game or even to other weapons in the same game?

Meanwhile I can grab a Shock Rifle in UT2K4 and learn how to aim with it, something that easily translates to the Lighting Gun and carries on over to pretty much any other game with a similar hitscan weapon.
Faggot please, pattern learning is not skill, it most certainly isn't teamwork either (the thing we were discussing) and you're not a bid bad motherfucker just because you're autistic about it.

Which is why Blops 2 is the most popular CoD game, right?
Oh wait, it fucking isn't and everyone left it because they couldn't "handle dying in quick succession just fine" at all.
Did you actually play the game and you're defending it for whatever arcane reason or are you just talking about shit you know nothing about because it's the closest you can get to having an argument?

I had a friend that showed me a neat trick.
You pick the heavy machinegun, the most inaccurate game in the game, and you jump before shooting.
Second bullet will always be a head.
I refused to believe that bullshit until he did it 5 times in a row to me, I fucking have no idea how that makes any sense.

It's also the game where spray pattern doesn't even begin to matter when every match devolves into buying the AWP and shooting first.

What in the fuck are you talking about now? Where are you getting these words you're putting in my mouth?

Nigger unless they're tryhard RPers like regiments and shit you're free to do as you like.
Most of these communities just join up to gather the right amount and the right people on one server for high level play.

nigger
DONT
PLAY
PUBLIC
SERVERS
join a fucking clan and play tryhard vs tryhard like a real man if you want to play competitive or drop the pretense of wanting to be competitive at all
if you play on public servers with or against randoms its your own goddamn fault

Yes, and I don't want to deal with those autists, nor do I want to rely on other people to not be dumbasses in order to win. 1v1 is infinitely superior and only shitters who don't want to take responsibility for being shit enjoy team games.

I've stumbled on this game, has anyone played it ? Looks pretty rad but it's only third person perspective and it also seems to be more vehicle oriented rather than ground units.
Has anyone played it ? How is the multiplayer ?

ah yes Ive heard about the "Unnessesary Hooktube" game, its a mysterious and exciting
I heard its the spiritual sequel to "Unnessesary Spoilerpics"

So what are complaining exactly? Everyone can burst similar cos this is easy peasy the only thing that matters is team work.

Git gud/

I don't like using hooktube either but I do it to prevent someone from sperging out and replying with >jewtube or accusing me of shilling instead of answering my questions, but looks like I have to worry about people unhappy with hooktube too. Should've made a webm I guess, my bad.

user, please.

follow the simple rule of not hooktubing something you wouldnt webbum and ignore "no excuse" autists

The only thing that matters is burst shooting you enemy first in one of the countless chokepoints.

Are you complaining that you … can't be gud at shooting?

>>>/africa/

What is stooping from doing it to your enemy 100 times of 100? Exactly? Noobs? Lag? Imba?

Why does that gun have a ringtone and vibration? Does this enhance the babykilling capabilities of the gun?
ANSWER ME STRELOK

Skill, not fucking tactics you goddamn shitter

Just an attempt to pander to Gen Zeds Strelo/k/

There was going to be a Fable spin-off that was exactly that. Group of Heroes vs Villain who laid traps and commanded henchmen and bosses. But they canceled that shit.

I remember trying that. Though all I remember about it is how shit it was. Take from that what you will. I also remember anons sharing rts guides where it was typically placed on the "Irredeemable Filth" section (pic related). So it seems I was not alone in disliking it.

what the fuck

Are you NO SKILL?

You're not making any goddamned sense anymore, go be a nigger elsewhere

Wait why is Homeworld 2 at the bottom? It was better than 1 in literally every way. In fact, Homeworld 1 is garbage, and 2 is average.

I expected it to be somewhat janky but I didn't imagine it would be classified as irredeemable filth. I'll give it a try if I get too bored some day but in the meantime I'll move on. Thanks for the answer.

Can't answer as I didn't make the list. Just saved a few that were shared in a thread some time ago (pics related).

Don't let other anons get you too down. Give it a pirate and see if you like it. "One man's trash is another man's treasure" or however that saying goes.

I would happily download it to try it myself but I have to be selective about what games I choose to try because of datacaps

I thought that shit was pretty divisive in terms of people liking it vs people who liked it.

Ah that sucks.

It was. Best part of these though is the part where it says "Wait for DoW3 like the rest of us". Gets me every time. If only they knew what their hopeful future held for them. DoW1 warned us about this:

That's why I made a remark about WZ2100 linking from DoW1

isn't there an FPS counterpart for EVE on PS3?

Was :^)

Dust 514 but it had essentially nothing RTS in it.

Any oldfags remember Gloom mod? It was like Natural Selection but better.

Probably not cause most people sort of skipped Quake II when it came out.

Huh what? What did I miss that this is now the case?
I thought the only FPS/RTS hybrid was Battlezone(excluding some weird indie games).
One could argue that Renegade X also counts as a hybrid… although i don't see how, it is just an FPS with more objectives.

There's quite a few these days. They are either dead or have cancerous communities.

I guess mine must be more recent since it has DoW 3 crossed out. Did the fag who was working on this ever just give up and start over? If not I'll have a shot at doing it in a few weeks.

Well Renegade X got an updated and brought out Commanders. Is it slowly becoming an FPS/RTS Hybrid?

Fuck DMS, they're a bunch of incompetent kikes.

The best part is they don't even put up changelogs for shit like that, or at all.

I just want them to release the fucking thing already so I'm not spending 3 hours going fixing shit everytime they update without giving a changelog.
The only reason people will buy that game in any substantial quantity will be because of mods.

He's right though, fucking Call to Arms is still using animations from 2006 game while a single guy modding GEM games is able to make better animations then the fucking devs. It's absolutely fucking horrendous.

If you're gonna buy Call to Arms wait for a sale or mods to come out, absolutely not worth buying at full price for just the base game.

They did just release a huge patch for the game that adds a commander role, although I'm not sure what that entails

It's more Battlefield 2/2142 Commander than what you are likely thinking.

O Gurwa :DDDD Powodzenia

nice fucking bait, but i dont know why that retarded put H2 at the bottom, it wasnt that good, but it was fun.

Tremulous was fucking great, Savage I could never get the hang of its weird melee combat system.

I haven't seen any posted recently. I say go for it if you think you'll have the time to make a better one.

You can issue orders in the sense that you can mark points on the map with shit like "Go Here". Then you have some support powers as well like healing and shit. I never played commander myself so I don't know the specifics of it beyond what I saw as a regular player. I think I remember someone saying you could control the Harvester too, but not sure if that was bs or not. I'm sure they have release notes about it somewhere if you are curious though.

I'll make a bread when I get a chance I think.

What was even wrong with Planetary Annihilation?

do you enjoy spam?

only that its shit and has only one faction?

Tell me more

See

"woo shiny! wew amazing!" over actual depth and quality.
There's only one faction, the game revolves around spamming loads of units to make a large blob and then micro that blob across the world.
It looks really pretty and it's neat to fly moons into planets but as an RTS it's very disapointing.

It also has horrible performance, needing higher specs than it has any business requiring.

underrated post. GOG release when.

I'd also like to add the uprising series. Plays more like a TD, but really enjoyable for base building.

It was done both in PVE and PVP sense in Doom, actually.
Shotgun Frenzy. One player is the RTS commander and can build shit, upgrade players, give orders, etc. while others just run around and shoot against waves of stupidly strong monsters.
All Out War 1&2, basically C&C Renegade in Doom.
but both are 150% dead

Apparently that was bad cause nobody knew how to play.

RENEGADE IS NOT A FUCKING FPS/RTS HYBRID!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

they sort of had that in battlefield 2 modern combat. It worked but that game was a pain.