Localization update hit ps4 recently. Let's talk about that

Localization update hit ps4 recently. Let's talk about that.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20110424073821/http://www.zpang.com:80/english/clients.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would you ever do this to yourself? Just play it in Japanese like everyone else

Whats there to talk about?
Its probably still awfull and they didnt get anyone competent enough to do the localization.

please end yourself

YAMERO

At this point it's easier to convince myself this game fucking sucks and so did the whole series than keep hoping that they'll release it on PC and then someone would fix it and I'd pirate it.

I remember seeing some comparisons of the "fixed" translation and it looked like it was actually worse. I don't know how it turned out. It's a shame because I'm hearing from a lot of long time Ys fans that it's possibly the best Ys ever.

/thread

Origin is better but it's good.

You are retarded aren't you? There's a fan-slation already more than halfway done iirc that's ready to be completed if NISA fucked this shit up (which they likely did) and it will be fixed
There's already a fanslated version on the Vita if you'd want that, and the rest of the Ys series was already done well enough by Xseed

So when does it crash and brick the console?

Here's some of the names I saw on gamefags.

Okeanos - Oceanus
Nameless Slasher - Nameless Ripper
Archeozoic Big Hole - Archeozoic Chasm
Katherine - Kathleen
Aaron - Euron
Kashu - Katthew

No, it's an inject of NISA's english script.

The fan translation that was announced was put on hold when NISA announced their second attempt. I haven’t checked recently, but to my knowledge it is still, at this point, shelves until they decide to pick it up again. The Vita version as the user above said is just an inject.

You're shitting me, that's just fucking great…
Hopefully the fanslation finished within the month then

Extremely unlikely

Why do they feel the need to change shit like this? They aren't even censoring anything for political reasons this is just change for the sake of it.

are they more faithful? or is NISA just retarded

Why haven't fan translators directly contacted japanese game developers to tell them how bad NISA is yet? They only keep getting away with their stupid shit because japanese developers don't have any idea what western customers truly experience. Worse is if they think that we want shit censored and changed.

The japs don’t care. As long as they get money, that’s all they care about.

Still worth a try

Never pay for anything done by NISA, even if it is well done. Their past sins shall never be forgiven.

This.
Contact Falcom directly, and if even that does not make them abandon NISA, boycott their products and never give them money.
Leftists have no place in this industry.

Why haven't you? Why do you wait for everyone else to fix things for you while you just bitch to anons that largely share your opinion?

People did it for Ys VIII
If they announce NISA as their localization team for CS3 I'll join in the fucking thing, fuck them

Can´t wait to get my hands on a GOG torrent. Not giving any cent to these fucks.

The more they say required change, the more they can ask for in terms of payment. Whether it was necessary or not is secondary.

Heard that myself, but didn't see much proof, at least as of yet from anons familiar with the Japanese script. Regardless, I wouldn't put past NISA to act in petty spite like that.
In other words, I'm going to wait until some moonspeakers can actually do a comparison and can confirm that the new script is on point. Until then, to me, it's not. And no, I did not buy the game, particularly after hearing NISA had been the one to grab it.

Do they not have access to variable width fonts or something for the game? Because that's an actual technical reason, albeit something of an outdated one given it's prevalence being more common in fourth gen and earlier. And of course, that doesn't account for Aaron -> Euron (same letter count) or Kashu -> Katthew (more letters; sounds lispy). And I'm sure there's a more apt way to call something a big hole without making it sound like a canyon of some sort. "Hollow" or something.

Probably a mixture of and exercising "creative" writing "talent".

By now I imagine leftists ruin Japanese games out of simple spite. They do it so nobody can enjoy them.

And/or in the case of Working Designs (now Gaijinworks), because they feel they can write a more entertaining, "punched up" script, and because they outright admit that their fans don't expect accuracy from them anyhow and that if someone wants accuracy from them, they get the "fuck off and learn moon, you're not our audience" treatment.

Is there any reason why leftists and their families shouldn't be rounded up and massacred? Anything?

Not to defend them, but are we positive that it was supposed to be "Kashu" and not "Katthew"? I ask that because That Fate Phone game had a similar issue with one of the characters, that for the longest time the playerbase called the main girl "Mashu" until the JP Valentine's day came out and had english lettering on a cake that said "Matthew" instead.

I mean it didn't matter in the end, they changed it the following year to "Mashu" but, maybe it's a romaji thing? I've no idea why change the other things though.

Normally I'd just say to grab the moonrunes from a wiki or something (assuming it's a big enough character to warrant a blurb, if not a page), but (((Wikipedia)))'s Ys VIII page is barebones as fuck and there's no page for that character on Ys wiki as of now. Anyhow, while I suppose games are no stranger to odd names or naming conventions, but depending on the game, or prior games in the series, one might be able to see if it's a name that can be left as is/just have the spelling tweaking, or not. Also, "Cashew" is at least a word, albeit not name.

Some localization companies that aren't based in liberal hives/soon to be blue states would be a nice start. Unfortunately Silicon Valley is big and appealing and (in terms of anime) Funimation and other voicing stuff hold base in Texas.

To use some samples of where a number of third party publishers/localizers are at:
Ignoring quality variance for a moment, that is a lot of Commifornia amongst surviving third party localization teams.

As an aside, I also decided to check for a smaller, defunct company I've heard of called ZPang America (apparently later called ZPang Dynamic Translations). I had to resort to trying an archive, only even then I had no fucking luck for a while because somehow they coded their webpage to, within a second of loading in the archive format, automatically call from the current domain, which causes it to immediately jump from a glimpse of their old site to their currently "for sale" bluehost domain that no one's bought because ZPang means nothing to anyone else. Took many attempts (namely finding that the 2011 archive is still functional) to find an answer: Unlisted. If it was there, it was probably in the downloadable information sheet, which no one bothered to archive. On a better note, I now have something I was looking for before: A list of all works prior to closure.

Dallas is a known leftist cesspit the rest of Texas would like to see nuked off the face of the planet.

Why is it always California? What is wrong with that shithole of a state? It used to be red 30 years ago, right?

Honest to God I don't know any realistic solution to the problem. The only way out is if someone autistic enough were to gather up the capital to start their own company and then screen every single employee for leftism and blacklist them, but no one with that kind of money would waste it on such an exhausting and thankless job.

Where did you dig this name from? Far as I can gather they never worked on any noteworthy projects.

All I want is the fucking game and the people I know who played the beta said that ran that ass. And then they went around and released a statement along the lines of "We gotta change the game's code now, but we're retards so we'll let someone else do it"

The western coastal side is a liberal hellhole, the rural farmlands wanted the fuck out with their own state for decades to ditch the parasitic groids and mosquitoes.

Austin first please. Then Dallas would be fine.
Reagan happened.

Silicon Valley, I suppose.

I remember hearing on Holla Forums the state had a vote about what to do with illegals some decades back, only for the state to ignore the people's vote of ship them back, thus the current shithole.

Was in the credits of a game I liked. I paid attention trying to figure out who exactly had handled the script (something I'm more apt to do now; can be fun finding companies you never heard of that did a more-or-less good job, but are who-knows-what-happened-to-them-tier) and they popped up. I'm not sure how big a team they actually had there though (and they were a media translator, not publisher), as the "games handled" list includes stuff from back when their (lead?) translator, (((Jeremy Blaustein))), was at Konami way back in the nineties/early 2000s working on stuff like Snatcher, MGS, and Symphony of the Night. Could have just been his own eventual frontend company to more easily find work.

Also a link to the archive page with the works listed on it. Again, the question is whether their listed works just represent his works given how far back it goes (if it was a personal company and he the sole employee, then to some degree it's still accurate, if you ask me):
web.archive.org/web/20110424073821/http://www.zpang.com:80/english/clients.php

I just want to make you aware that even if they drop NISA and go back to XSEED, you're not getting away from self-censorship-supporting leftists.

Why the redundancy?

Could be worse.
邪鬼王

When it comes to video games, the West is cancer, and California's about as West as you can go.

Why don't i go suck someones cock instead?