Monster Hunter /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter
hunstermonter.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Monster Hunter World

I've been re-playing through MH4U lately and I'm really impressed with how good the game is, now that the dust has all settled and everybody has stopped shitposting about 140GQs. It probably helps that I've also finally gotten over my bias against the bugstick and actually decided to use it for once. When you're not bitchwhining about baguettes, it's actually a fun weapon.

4U is probably the best in the series.

Jesus christ I knew worlds was gonna be like this but somehow its even worse than I thought.
Its actually amazing how by dumbing down the inventory and blacksmith they have made it even worse to use.

I do like how they kept usable items and materials separate now, the blacksmith is hit or miss its cool that the armor is together with its set and that they separate hr and lr armor, but the ui could have been designed way better.

Here's hoping they dont carry over World changes to the next game.
actually I want it for the switch so it limits them instead of appealing to consolefaggots. Id actually buy a switch then

I wish they would just do to game lines. Continue Worlds to keep the casuals in that series and then pump out MH5 for everyone else that has been with the series from the start. I don't even care if they make a hypothetical MH5 cheap as fuck or what platform they trap it on, Worlds changes too much of the core mechanics for me to enjoy. It feels like a Monster Hunter clone more than an official Monster Hunter game.

Everything 4U introduced would have been fine if they were carried over to the next game and polished them. Like clearly not all the monsters were ready for the hilly terrain and they needed to make it so all the weapons could be used to mount easily (honestly that's one of the few good things to come out of X/XX) . It's like Tri/3U's underwater combat; the idea was good they just needed to play around with it for one more game to get it right.

Just want to say capcom is charging for things it's never charged for before. Thanks Monster Hunter world for giving them the idea to nickle and dime people for what used to be free cosmetic shit

Pretty much how I've been explaining it.

You don’t need to buy it, user. It’s not required for anything. You can still play World and have fun with it without purchasing that DLC.

How much are you being paid for this post?

What were you expecting from modern crapcom?

what is that personified abortion in the leftmost box?

I meant rightmost

The fact that it exists is the problem. It's a step backwards from every prior game in the franchise.

No you can't

Le western faec.
I'd still fuck it too

Please don't. Wouldn't want more of those to be spawned

Beep beep! Make way, best waifu of all times coming through

EXCUSE ME MAM, DO YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW WHERE THE LOCAL SYNAGOG IS?

Since world seems to be selling, does that mean ugly sidekicks are gonna be a staple now.

It's more of a cute slav rapebaby face than a kosher one.
Very easy mistake for someone with a weak jewdar, but you'll learn.

Is it actually selling though? The five million number is worldwide, and is shipment rather than actual sales.

Why are you creating threads before 700 posts or without announcing? You make me look like a fool.

Anyway, what are the daily coupons for?

NO, THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING

Nah man, this is the nose/face of someone explaining to a waiter that she didn't know her meal had khezu whelps in it and that khezu whelps are bad for her fibromyalgia

why are you surprised? this had full normalfag marketing going for it.

Sadly, that is a great risk we must take. We have plunged into the abyss, to find in it's darkness what we are looking for, but also the monsters that lurk within. It's a journey one must take to claim what his heart desires, but there is no guarantee he will come out unscathed.
Not even cosplayers can save us now. But we must press on regardless. Was it worth it? Time will tell, but for now my will is adamant and my spirit resolut. And I want to play MonHun in english goddamn!

but it's fun to play with friendz :)

Why in English? And why was that not something you couldn't do before?

After XX there was the risk a new game wouldn't come to the west. You know that.

And it got fan translated, same as Portable 3rd before it, your point?

Don't ignore me pls.

Monster Hunter is one of the games that is piss easy to play without knowing Japanese. I've cleared MH4 and MHX without knowing a single moonrune thanks to google translate mobile app and jap MH wikis

I set all of my shout out in world to broken French.

Stolen from Capcom's art direction commitee

So when do you think the butthurt nintendrone psyop will go away? when the games fully documented and their constant lies dont work due to hard evidence?

R-remember though, 5 million shipped now, but it could have been 50 million if it were on switich, s-swere on me mum!

She has grown on me though. Now that I have played the game. It makes sense that she wouldn't be all dolled up like a normal guild girl. She's not sitting behind a desk. Plus she isn't nearby as annoying as she was in the beta. Repeating shit. Except during the Pink Rathian quest Jesus christ

But she's an adventurer girl who goes camping with you and doesn't afraid of no monsters.

She's also in need of protection and loves you. a 8/10 waifu tbh.

worst endgame though

OH NO NO NO

I don't think they ever gave us free gestures. Cosmetics? Kind of, with the housekeeper change.
Deluxe kit is probably just the same you got from deluxe pack, which was about 10€ more than the normal game.

I don't care about cosmetics being paid dlc, because you don't need them and I am not going to buy them. Even if they were free, I wouldn't probably use them much.

Please.

Shipped is the same as sold in the first week. Most of those were preorders.

World is pretty good. I can't wait for g rank.

Ftw world has a better end game than 4u because hyper monsters are fun

Why don't they call them sold units then? Shipping could easily mean that they are just sitting on some shelf.

4u had potential for good end game, but everyone just killed 1-2 monsters so having such a huge roster was perfectly wasted.

Because it's basically the same thing. 5 million shipped means that the demand outstripped their expectations. They were probably expecting to ship 1-2 million worldwide.

The mechanics of the open world gives this game so much potential for expansions and add ons. I fucking love how capturing a Monster allows you to fight it in the arena. But they should not have stopped there. They should have let you keep an inventory of monsters you've trapped and allow you to make custom arena quests with 3 or more monsters. That would have been really FUCKING cool. Imagine fighting all 4 high rank rath family in one tiny arena.

They also made world with western console players in mind. Not Japanese handheld players and school kids, but adults with consoles and little time. It makes sense that they won't aim for higher numbers. I am pretty sure 5 million world wide is more than all of the handheld games combined.

But that's been in MH since pretty much ever

Well guess who the game was made for.

I don't remember that ever being the case. I also never messed with arena much though.

come the fuck on, they sold costumes on RE5 years ago, this much jew is nothing new from them.

It's new to Monster Hunter, which is the problem. Even if it wasn't new though, it's cancer and should be shunned as such.

I wasn't aware capturing a monster in the old games opened up an entirely new quest at the village guild girl that allowed you to fight the monster once again in a special arena you unlock after you capture your first monster.

shes not even cute

pretty sure this was what she was supposed to look like

She's not that bad. Let it go. There are moments like your pic where her face is unbelievably ducked up though. If you're going to give your characters a range of expressions and not just headbobs and hand gestures at least perfect them. She is ugly because the facial animations are ugly. She looks cute when she is just standing there.

You're just saying that because you want to cook her some gefilte scatterfish and apply hemorrhoid cream to her aching akantor

She look more like that weeaboo girl you knew in art class than a yid, friend.

Yeah, nah… We've had better for the past 5 or so years. She is the product of some westerner being consulted during the process

I'm enjoying the music so far in world, i just started tho.
Also from what i can see you can downgrade your weapon? If so this is great (The UI for smithing is AIDS) for me because i have weapon autism. I can't use the same weapon for more than a couple hunts
I miss playing with you faggots on MH4U*

There's one group playing endgame 4U and another playing Low Rank 4G

All of the facial animations in this game are ugly dude.

The guild girls in the gathering hub are cute so I think The Handler is meant to fill oddball goofy nerd trope rather than be a waifu. Kinda like a Monster Hunter Egon Spengler. This goggle wearing nerd just happens to be female.

It does not excuse her being ugly when all of the other girls in the game are cute.

I didn't even know that was a feature.
I just captured monsters because I started feeling bad for killing them.
They are too damn lifelike in this game and I love animals too much to just fucking murder them.

Are you sure you aren't vegans who once wrote on The Escapist?

Didn't realise that was a thing. If it helps I bitched out similarly when fighting Sif in DaS.

At least the do something right with World, theres multiple way to farm materials now

I guess you never played 4u.

Investigations are better than guild quests though.

guild quests are shit though

World does everything right. It's not on a bing bing wahoo machine for one.

i have a ps4 and i havnt bothered with it yet. i played the demo and thought it was mediocre.
i enjoyed the online, but online you just rush the enemy with a team thats also rushing the same enemy. when youre alone its just boring.
toukinden was more of a true MH game. i havnt played toukinden 2, but i hear its still good. i'd love to play a newer god eater but the only ones they release on ps4 are basically psp ports.
i found the combat to be super repetitive. i mostly used the insect glaive.
is the full version much better? or is the beta a good metric to judge the game by.

Her face reminds me of the female mc of Mass Effect Andromeda

Capcom have never put out a good demo. Any MonHun fan would know this. The game is a little easy but ramps up nicely towards the end of low rank. When you get to Ajanath in high rank is when the true fuckfest begins. Thing will regularly one shot you if you aren't gearing correctly.

Beta gives you all what the core combat is. What it misses is all possible armors and weapon combinations. and a story for the first time
MH by core is a grindfest, so if you don't like that and the combat, don't bother because you will get bored of it fast. If you like that, you can easily drown 300-500 hours in it per game.

I don't know why but for some reason I'm not really liking MHW
Like the hub is fucking attrocious right?
maybe I just like 4U the most I dunno

Toukiden 2 fixes all the problems the first game had and add new mechanics that work well. The only problem that remains is that the Oni aren't aggressive enough still. But they do get way more varied moves especially when you break off certain parts (that's the thing capcom should have stole off them instead of the sling for worlds.)

I am liking most everything about world. All of my concerns fucked off during high rankedHigh rank is an actual challenge in this game and actual spoiler warning here. There is a new Deviljho in high rank and it is FUCKING terrifying.

The only issue I have with investigations is that they are SO MANY with lots of repetitions. I must be autistic because I just want to do all those quests, but I'm not even sure if that is possible before you have to delete some of them.

maybe I was just put into a bad mood becasue Devilman Crybaby disappointed me so much and then I went to MHW and it just wasn't what I was expecting.

You have to choose which one give better reward, some are very shit and not worth the time so just delete it to clear some space for new quest.

I often wonder if her being ugly is just an accident or a case of uncanny valley. Because all her features seem like they should create a cute girl but they don't for some reason.
It really looks like their artists tried to create a guild marm of western heritage and then failed because those nips have never seen a foreigner.

Okay. Here's what you retards don't seem to understand no matter how many fucking times I hammer it into your brain. If you know anything about retail, then you'd know that five million units shipped means that Capcom has gotten five million units worth of money from the retailers.
And Capcom will get to keep that money as long as these retailers don't have hundreds of thousands of copies collecting dust in their warehouses. Considering World has trampled over even fucking PUBG on Twitch, I'd say there's not a chance in hell of that happening.

Investigations are great, they're just normal quests with increased chance of rare rewards.

World's hub has too much needless walking. The fact they needed to put elevators in at all should be proof enough of that. I vastly prefer every other game where you can see everything you need the second you leave your player home.

I want to see all the possible handler designs they had before they chose the kike.

You just do the ones you need. The game will create infinite variations of investigations based on your expeditions.

Don't try to do every investigation. It's impossible. Just get what you need from them and move along.

You unlock it at the arena, numb nuts. As in, a different person. You recall, those arenas with preset loadouts and/or restrictions and raitings.

The hub is comfy and I like the design with the caveman-punk vibe and nautical themes colliding. It's big but it's not THAT big. It's not as bad as any one town in a xenoblade game. Let's not get crazy here. I am already used to it and have it memorized.

Consider suicide. The music in MHW sounds like it was recorded in a god damn bathroom, the hunters are fucking mute, the sound effects are the same two rocks banging together for everything, and the monsters roars might as well be replaced with whoopie cushion sound effects.

And that's JUST how much the sound sucks, I'll be here all god damn day telling you faggots why world is trash and how much I would personally castrate each and every one of you who defends it, bought it, or coaxed another faggot into buying it.

i thought the combat was ok, but the actual monsters and the way they fought were kinda dull. i found myself mostly pole vaulting onto the backs of any moster i came across so i can ride it and do the finisher stuff and open the monster up for belly attacks.

i'll have to give it a go sometime. the first was far from perfect, but i still found it addictive as hell.

Yea no shit. You also unlock a special optional quest in this game that lets you fight the monster you captured in an arena as much as you want in your own gear, for materials. Pay attention.

get gassed. You couldn't handle Ukanlos.

The beta monsters were easier than low rank monsters in full game, except nergigante. Also every monster plays fairly differently.

Maybe pick it from a sale later if you aren't that excited. Or try any other MH with emulator first.

at this rate, I'm gonna die from sodium poisoning

This is gonna be one of those threads, ain't it?

I bet you can't tell me the first monster you fight in high rank without looking it up. You didn't play shit nintenyearold.

Salt is a taste, not a flavor.

Salt isn't a taste either, the word you're looking for is bitter.

Salt isn't bitter though.

You deserve to suffer

MHW is a shell of shit wearing the MH logo. Get yourself 4U since that game is probably going to go down as the last good/great monster hunter game now that capcucks roasted the goose and made MHW a casual shitshow.

How about you look up a dictionary nigger

I-I'm sorry user you're right, I'll t-take the game back right now…

Literally none of that shit applies past the first 4 or so hunts. Everything after Jyrutodus is roughly equivalent with 4u in terms of monster damage and some monsters are so aggressive you literally can not sharpen without running a significant distance away. Good fucking luck with any of that shit applying in High Rank it's basically a completely different game. Infinite items won't save you from getting stunlocked into a thunder blight wombo combo 2 shot, faggot.

How's cuckchan?

Are you too young to know what a ps2 and psp are, retard?

BING BING WAHOO.

I really hate people like you. The 3ds was trash. We should have gotten multiple titles as feature rich as world on consoles instead of several freedom rehashes. Eat shit. This game could have had a roster as big as 4u's if Capcom wasn't so invested in making games on FUCKING handheld.

Jesus, get your bait right at least, shill.

Jesus, you're not even pretending top be from around here

>tfw no Freedom Unite HD with smoother camera controls, fixed hitboxes, the ability to download all the event quests instead of only a handful, more treasure quests and gunner's pouch
It would seriously be the perfect monster hunter game for me if it just had those things.

Scoutflies are too obtrusive, yes
Oh no, hunting a monster means actually chasing after it and not just teleporting from one arena to another. Gee, it's not like our ancestors did that with Mammoths or anything, nope, conspiracy theories.
Objects you can interact with stick out like a sore fucking thumb even without scoutflies, I don't know what the fuck you're on about here.
Confirmed baby who never made it to high rank
You can only lasso back on if you have stamina. Mounting is essentially the same as in 4. You fail the mount when your stamina reaches zero, nothing's changed except the presentation.
Once, again, baby who never made it to high rank, confirmed. Those button prompts go away once you get far enough into the game or if you turn them off.
Just look at your health bar, retard, are you literally blind ontop of being blind by your blatant and disgusting fanboyism?
So you're both blind and deaf? It's not hard to tell if monsters are roaring at all.
Hit sounds are sharper if you hit weak points, you really are blind and deaf.
Please keep outing yourself as a retard more, it's funny.

Pink Rathian wombo combo is still making first time players ragequit. Only low rank has been made easier, high rank is the same Monster Hunter we love.

Salt may give flavor, but it isn't a flavor. Have you ever seen a product called "Salt Flavored"?

Every vanilla potato chip ever is now flavored with sea salt.

Got any vids to show this?

It's obvious how asshurt he is the new game is on PS4 and PC.

Whew wee can't wait to buy this game day 1 on pc just to spite faggots like you

I played the open beta of MonHunW but it didn't entirely click with me; I admit I haven't played any game in the series and only know a bit of it but the weapons looked fun and it kinda reminded me of DD which was probably the last Capcom game I enjoyed.
Just got a few stupid questions:
1 Can you remove elements from the HUD?
2 Can you mute the Handler? Bitch is insufferably annoying.
3 Are all quests timed? The time was more than enough, it's just that I like to dawdle around a lot.
4 What are the odds of a expansion/GOTY edition?

I'm a giant faggot and just want to know if anybody has any decent porn of the monsters.

1. I don't think so
2. No, but you can change her language to gibberish or japanese
3. yes. Basic quests have 50min, some special quests have less
4. only expansion MH has ever gotten is G-rank. Which is the hardest difficulty which also adds new moves to monsters on top of increasing their stats and making them more aggressive.

1. You can't remove elements but you can remove the text that says the attack buttons.
2. you can turn the game to gibberish text to make it better but honestly outside of main story quests they aren't talking much.
3. quests have 50 min times, challenging investigations go as low as 15 mins but you can hunt without a limit at all in the wild but monsters do eventually leave.
4. Too early to say.

Some elements can be removed. The HUD is surprisingly customizable. I don't think you can shut her up, but, after you hear all her helpful tutorial messages, she quiets down greatly and you'll barely hear her outside story missions. Yes, all quests are timed, but the standard time limit is 50 minutes per quest. Certain quests have shorter time limits, but those are the exceptions. Nearly every game in the series so far has had a re-release in the vein of Dark Arisen, where it's the same game with extra content added on. They might do the same thing with World, but, considering they have plans to actually add new monsters and maps to the game, they might change it up this time around.

You get dropped half way but you can just fly back to a camp provided you didn't land in combat with something so it's not a lie.

1: Yes.
2: She stops tutorializing you pretty much right away. The beta was for games journalists. She isn't a bad character. She's pleasant in cutscenes. Though a tad unsightly.
3: All quests are timed but you can play expeditions and basically spend as much time as you want dicking around with no time limit or death limit. You can also hunt and capture monsters here.
4: It's Monster Hunter a G rank expansion is practically guaranteed.

Why do you feel the need to answer a question for a game you never played yet?
You can remove every HUD elements and play with nothing on screen

You still don't start with extra items though.

Personally I feel fast travel should be disabled in high rank until you kill Bazelguese in the mission. No fast travel until you do this.

It's more a half truth. It does drop you in random spots, but the base game mechanics basically nullify the consequences for it.

I think he meant to respond to the post after yours.

>What is "Salt" flavored ice cream Yes it is real, and yes, it's disgusting
Salt is a flavor, user

No, but I've got stories and facts about the game that show this.
>New Deviljho type monster Bezelgeuse that can appear randomly on early high rank quests and one-shot you if you still have low rank armor
>During a hunt with a friend for a high rank Rathalos, a gold crown (Large) Azure Rathalos appeared as well as Bezelguese at the same time and the 3 monsters wombo'd him real hard I had to mute him because he was fucking screaming about it

1. Yes, you can remove the upper-right corner that tells you what moves you can do next. Not sure about the rest but indicates you can.
2. No, unfortunately.
3. They are timed, but most are much longer, standard is 50 minutes. Very early on you'll unlock "expeditions" which is basically just traveling to the map with no objective - I've spent something like two or three hours out of my 10-15 played just wandering around in those, killing the big guys I come across.
4. My bet is that in a year Capcom will announce that you can pay $10 or $20 to expand the game and include G-Rank. Previously they'd do new full-price cartridges that you could transfer your save into, but I doubt they'll try and get away with that now that digital distribution is part of the equation. And they have DLC costumes they can sell to make up the difference.

Let's not pretend being dropped in a random location was of any real consequence. Let's not pretend anything but the monster difficulty even remotely matters in Monster Hunter.

And do you know what are the tickets you can use at the start of missions for? I see no explanation for it.

True, if you hit high rank and don't know the maps by heart, you're an idiot.

They give you extra rewards if you use them. Basically a way to increase your chances of getting that rare material you've been grindingfor

t.salty redditor

They are daily bonus tickets. You get double rewards from a mission once per day. You can stock up to five though.

They explain them briefly but basically it's double money and guaranteed "optional rewards" that would otherwise only sometimes show up in full.

You can remove the top right control helper, and the whole hud. The only useless thing in the hud is the control helper.

>>>/cuckchan/

kys

>>>/cuckchan/

I just want some decent lewds period

But what if someone is legitimately salty?

Fug me man.

Thanks all for the answers. I'll be sitting out on it for the time being because poorfag reasons and a general policy of never buying the first iteration of a Capcom game. Besides that, seems most of my qualms can be mended (all it needs is a paper bag DLC for the Handler). As some said here, I wouldn't be surprised if the concepts are a lot better; the MonHun team seems to have the most freedom among all the Capcom dev teams but concepts being much more daring is a common thing in nuCapcom.
Side note, one small thing I really liked and I think every game with character creator should have is the option to see the character under different lightings.

OFFICIAL /MHG/ SQUAD
EIGHTH FLEET
Eighth Fleet squad session ID: hpQJTx8Javs
Joining the session does not change anything. It's like a LAN or lobby. You can still solo quests. This means you can join and continue on as normal while chatting.
When you post a non-assigned quest, it will be visible to the rest of us and we can join before you depart.
For those who still need an invite: just type in the ID in "join online session" | "search via ID".
Will reply to this post if ID changes

I really wish I could post in new threads earlier

Who gonna play her in the inevitable biopic?

Lena Dunham

Absolute cancer

i've played mh on ps2. im familiar with the series but havnt played it in a long time. i just wanted to know if the beta is what the game feels like. i literally spent every fight pole vaulting onto an enemies back with the insect glaive and doing the slash attacks, which was handled well instead of it just being a qte. it just felt like the most effective way to fight and got really old really fast. any other method i found of fighting was just me handicapping myself. the lance, the leafy axe/shield/sword, and the various gun ammo was the most fun, but it was all much less effective than backstabs.
and dont tell me "well just dont do that, its OP and makes the game not fun" like as if i was going to play some shitty game like assassins creed where you can use a smokebomb to kill an entire crowd, then say "well i wont use smokebombs" fuck that, if its in the game and makes it easy, im going to exploit it. if it makes the game too easy, they should nerf it or remove it from the game. fuck creating your own difficulty.

also the green fucking trail made me feel like i was playing assassins creed followed by a bossfight that felt like dark souls pvp backstab races.

1. holy fuck, please tell me the hud is much smaller than in the beta. i could barely see the fucking screen.
3. do they atleast let you stay in the area after kiling a boss? or do you get auto extracted like in the beta. why would they focus so much on this "world" and not let the player enjoy it? it made sense in the old game since outside of monster killin, the levels didnt offer much.

i'll probably get it when its cheap… i wonder if the playerbase will die off since so many casuals picked it up because its popular.

I really hope they scrapped the movie that had a trailer long time ago. It was based on our world and rathalos used his wings to as hands to walk like seregios.

it sold 5 milion.it will never die bro

Reign of Fire was cool.

MvCI bombed horribly so something else has to pick up the esports slack. Get ready for Monster Hunter on ESPN

We could be in much worse timelines dude.

Really, dude?
Also, expeditions let you freely roam the map as you'd like. It's only quests that limit your time.

You are right that the MH devs have the most freedom.

The character creator light settings is already a thing, at least in MMOs. I know Final Fantasy 14 would let you drop the character in various settings to see how they looked.

Don't give Capcom ideas

I don't think you get what the comparison is trying to convey

I'm sorry user, you're right.

Sorry, but since the monsters are added to the fucking map and the monster can't ditch your ass, the long walking around the pathways mean fuck all
it's turds on turds hidden behind a giant neon glowing blob of green. Maybe if they didn't have such shitty contrast in comparison to the other games, I wouldn't be complaining about it

and how many of those 5 million will be playing it in 6 months? how many will stop in the next few weeks?
this game was casual bait. they buy it because its cool, beat the "story" then bring it back to gamestop and trade it in for the next popular game.

World's directors already put their foot down. No lootboxes, the worst you'll get is DLC expansion but the spring DLC with Deviljho in it would indicate that will be free as well.

Bet you're the same kind of fag who thinks Tri is better than 3U

Dude you are so full of shit it hurts to read. I have not seen a single button prompt except when I equip a weapon I have not tried yet. It promptly fucks forever. The fact that you're still using bioware terminology to describe things that aren't even relevant to this game is telling. You're just a butthurt switchfag. It's pathetic.

So I guess there is no reason to use them early in game. Which monsters or missions give harder time with loot?

I don't know. It's currently pretty bad right now.

The prompt do go away after a few quest, just like the zoom in when you see a new monster

Whichever ones give the rare parts you really want. That's the desire sensor feature.

I use them as soon as I get them. No reason not to. I mainly focus farm so they help key reach my shit that much faster.

I just got into the coral riff zone and don't even found the camp. Also carrying a nose tyrannosaur's greatsword.

I know its how the monsters are free dlc, and if is true and they keep the monster dlc as free, then thats good. But I'm going to remain cautious until they can prove it.

No, I saw that fucking trailer and it's like the guy fucking went out of his way to fuck up mon hun.

Deviljho is officially old shit. If you think Deviljho is crazier than the FLYING PICKLE OF DOOM. You can just get the fuck out of my face.

I just posted an earlier mon hun trailer. This IS a mon hun thread.

MAKE IT STOP

Scoutflies were something I thought was bullshit in the demo because they just tell you outright where the monster was.
In the game you have to grind monsters to actually get to that point so I don't hate it at all anymore. You get chances to become familiar with maps before having scoutflies guide you. i.e - expeditions to unlock investigations, or the ones in assigned quests.

Most of the time I straight up find the monster before I even gather enough Intel the maps aren't THAT big. People are exaggerating. The rotten vale is basically 3 giant arenas stacked on top of each other.

I think scoutflies main purpose is to highlight things you can pick up on the map rather than guide you to the monsters

Coral wastes are even bigger I think.
I really like the verticality of these new maps, nervermind the visuals. These new maps are insane. There are so many routes in coral highlands that you could ignore scout flies if you know your way around really well. Sometimes scoutflies don't take into account shortcuts.

That's a man in drag.

I really think you guys are really digging for things to complain about World. It was weird and felt awkward for me at first because I wasn't used to the controls at all, but now that I am used to the controls and how it does things differently I think It might be my favorite.
I haven't tried all the weapons, but this is by far my favorite iterations of sword and board, great sword, and bow.
I also really like the new monsters which, other than rathian, are all I'm seeing in the game so far.
I cannot fathom who would prefer the old maps to the news ones. The more I play on them the more I realize they reward knowledge and exploration for their myriad of secrets paths and destroyable bits. In fact its so much that I think the monsters aren't easier at all you just have so many more options available to you that once you start exploiting them, you start killing them like never before. Granted I'm still only in low-rank.

So they ARE easier, since the player has new tools and moves but the monsters didn't get harder at all, according to your words.

Come on now, . It can't be that good. Are you saying it's better than 4U? Even while being in lr?
Don't jump to conclusions, only time will really tell if this is good. Give it a month.

No it's not a good looking trap it's a fucking tumblr tranny look at its face those are male features!
Who the hell did they design "her" to appeal to? She looks like a Silent Hill enemy.

You don't get out much do you?

No one actually likes real trannies.

It's not really digging when they complete changed the core mechanics that were the reason fell in love the series in the first place. The last game I hated this much that did something similar was Tri.

This is my first MH game and Im enjoying it.

Why would they do this to her

Yeah, That said I've had my ass fucked a couple times in lowrank. Anjanath does not fuck around if he corners you. If you don't exploit the map at all (like I did at first) it will feel exactly the same (and egg quests will be hard as shit) I've only recently started to do shit like use the slinger to pull monsters attention or using an environmental smokescreen to hide for a moment to drink a potion.

If they can add more monsters and a g-rank to world I'll probably put as much if not time into it. Look I don't know what to tell you guys. It's really fun. Every 20 minutes I find something and think "Ahh, I love this change." I don't know if it will replace 4U for all of you, but I'll say you should watch out because I have no doubt this will be monster hunter in the west going forward. I imagine the PC release will change the tone of these generals quite a bit.
Also this takes a massive steamy shit on Dauntless. The only thing they have is being F2P.

The only thing I really miss about 4U is playing with my bro (He doesn't have internet right now) and pic related.

Tri is the only game in the series other than MH1 that I haven't played. What was different about it?

STOP! go download PPSSPP and play Unite and P3 first.

Oh well.
So what is the horizon zero dawn event?
Is it that rank five legiana hunt?

A half assed attempt at bringing customization to bowguns that completely fucked over the whole weapon type because there wasn't enough parts/they didn't balance it, locked off high rank to online only again despite them knowing it was a bad idea/people telling them to stop fucking doing it and gutted Hunting Horns/Bows/Gunlance to cut down on development time/cost.

It's a big pile of budget cuts and laziness. Even more than MHX/XX

Don't do this. Don't. The PSP games are absolute shit. You should definitely play 3u and 4u.

You're retarded.

I'm not going to buy a shitty console and just wait six months to pirate the PC release

3U is on 3DS

And the Wii U, I was stupid and bought that version.

The PSP games are trash and definitely the reason the series never caught on here. Clunky, worst interface, just about the slowest worst feeling games ever made. Even adding a second analog doesn't make those games play and feel any better. The day it's possible to properly emulate 4u is the day I never touch another Monster Hunter for the rest of my FUCKING life.

The PSP games are not something you recommend to anyone as their first game. What the fuck are you doing?

That sounds pretty shitty. I can tell you that there is no nonsense like that. Though obviously I have no idea if you hate the other changes. Everything that is monster vs hunter is almost entirely the same. That is, unless you would say that standing still while drinking a potion is fundamentally different from walking so slowly you may as well be standing still when drinking a potion. I think the biggest changes are maps and outside the hunts. Things like the scoutflies just don't feel fundamentally different to me. In fact I like the feeling of finding tracks and stuff before find the monster.

Recommending good games, you should try it some day.

I hope this isn't bait. Please play 4U, at least, before mhw.

The Wii version is better than the 3DS version from what I've seen.

What?

It plays the same on both, it was stupid because I had a choice between the 3DS and the WiiU and I didn't think Capcom would stick with the 3DS, 3U is the only game I play on that damn console besides Bayo 2.

Topkek.

So you weren't stupid for buying the Wii-U version, you were stupid for buying the Wii-U for the Wii-U version. Please tell me you at least put cfw on the Wii-U.

Greetings fellow user! Boy, do I have just the game for you. Have you ever heard of Skyrim? It's a wonderful game with infinite quests, I'm sure you would love it! The revolutionary Radiant Quest system featured in this downright Legendary game provides unlimited content and unbeatable replay value. World's Investigations can not possibly compare to Skyrim's innovation, you should enjoy the authentic and original experience instead.

The only good thing for bethesda games are the porn mods.

The new armor skill system, the removal of any risk bowgunning had because it's new TPS controls/gutting of gunner armor and various small changes that remove any commitment the game use to put on a player are the main reasons I will never touch Worlds again.

So you bought it, you nigger?

No I played the beta and watched gameplay footage

Is it cold up there on mount autism?

I find the PSP games camera so annoying to use.
Is that just something you get used to over time pr is there a trick to it that I'm missing??

The trick is to remap buttons, and make camera work on right stick.

They are just trash, user. Only the most autistic fucks imaginable would put up with that control scheme and play the entire game solo. Don't. Just play 3u and 4u. World is okay so far, but I am not in the mood to recommend it to anyone. For the love of God. Don't play FU.

I get hating the fact that gunners get the same defense of blademasters. But, the only reason I have never even tried seriously gunning, despite having played since FU, is because they require a separate set of armor. I didn't see any sense switching to a possible total of three weapons, when all the previous work I put into getting blademaster sets didn't matter to them, and I'd have to put just as much effort into making gunner sets. Considering I'd still want to do blading as well as gunning, that would be twice the grind. For me, it's always been a choice of going blademaster and having access to, now, eleven weapons, or going gunner and having access to three weapons. There were better possible solutions to that problem than what World did, though.

Gotta learn the claw, dude.

Stay mad.

Prostitute?

I help a girl with her homework.
50 bucks a month is more than enough if you don't pay rent or bills.

Just like in my japanese animes!

I help your mom get off and I get twice that.

Wew

I hope you're into chubby and farting then :^)

Don't move the goalpost faggots.

LOL

can you make waifus?

Do you actually own the place you live in?

Yes.
You can also remove the helmet's visual so your waifu's face stays always in view.

I'd feel sorry for you, but you're a beta.

Post more Enju.

but i do not want my waifus face to get bashed in, user

Baka, the helmet is still there, just invisible.
also if you do you can see details like her wiping off the sweat off her face, kind of sexy tbh

Maybe?

Ah!

Every object in that screenshot from the grass to the flowers on the tree to the rock textures are immensely over detailed to the point where I can't concentrate on what I'm looking at.

is there a good selection of 'armour'?

hate it when theres only one or two 'nice' sets

I fucking love the mhw deviljho and how its a fucking wwii bomber and would just carpet bomb the entire area you're fighting it in then straight up dive bomb into you like the god damn japanese suicide bomber plane.
But as a gunlance user i abhor fighting the guy, no matter what I cant even get close because if I do it will blow me to smithereens. I cant ever imagine soloing the guy with the gunlance at all.
Its theme is pretty nice too, nothing amazing though.

They dont, I tested it out in the beta and whenever you use a one of the guns or the bow, you always take more damage than a blademaster.
Now please stop lying on the internet user.

I haven't seen female sets, but generally in MH females have had better looking armor.

gunners in mhw have less physical armor than blade users, ive tested it. nergigante can take you out as a gunner if you get hit by his dive bomb move in one hit while as a blade master i managed to survive with 25% left

If by selection you mean aesthetic quality, then yes.
As for the weapons, some could use work. MH4U had better weapons.

Blademasters and gunners have completely different defense. You can easily get one shot by high rank barroth's charge if you're using a bow. I know from experience.

>>>/cuckchan/

Just because it has a lot of content doesnt make it a good game and from what ive heard its literally you guys only defence of the game. Its still a clunky fucking mess with shit controls and hitboxes, which is the one thing that game is supposed to get down and it fucking failed at that.

Shes not thicc you dumb nignog, she has an athletic body type and is curvy at best.
If she was thicc she would be halfway to being a fatass.

How do you function whenever you go outside user?

The autist club is next door, buddy.

The weapons in world are 4u's with another layer. There isn't a single shit weapon in world except hunting horn. And people still use horn.

that thread was fun

What's the top material in the recipe for the Glacial Lance II?

Okay, so he was falsely complaining. Thanks for letting me know. I haven't looked too deep into MHW, as I'm waiting for the PC release.

his main complain is that there isnt a different look for armor gunners since that was the case in previous mh games. You will be most likely have different sets for gunner and blade if you wanna have a decent build around your playstyle. later on high rank there are two different looking armor sets for each monster. people just talking out of their ass because they havent played it. beat the game already, end game content is basically beating frenzied versions of the current monster who can one shot you but if you kill em you can get these special shard that can augment your armor. highest rank is 50 and that that point you fight a frenzied kirin which good luck because that faggot is a fucking asshole. all in all its a good mh game just getting shat on by retards judging it by low rank videos and the fact that its in other consoles. difficulty is still in the game. my only gripe is that there arent more monsters. devil pickle is confirmed to be added in an update and im sure they will be adding more and there is for sure dlc to come in the near future since there is no snowy area in the game and with these graphics i bet a snowy area will look cozy as fuck. also i dont know if you faggots have realized but you can change the language to monster hunter language if you dont wanna listen to it in burger speak, then you can finally have a more traditional experience

This bigger has been in just about every thread since the TGS trailer dropped doing nothing but posting unconfirmed bullshit and out of context interview answers to try and get people to hate World and not try it, like if world bombs the Monster Hunter team is going to go back to making cakes on the PSP and Bing Bing Wahoo 3D. He changes his ID every 15 posts or so but you can tell it's him because his posting style is the same no matter how much he denies it.

My official rankings for the MH games I have personally completed goes:

4U > World > 3U > FU > P3rd >>>>> Gen.

World is definitely the most fun I have ever had in high rank. Absolutely without a doubt. The only reason it sits that high is because of the potential it has for future content. I was very worried when I first started going through low rank that this game would be utterly devoid of any meaningful challenge, high rank assuaged those concerns real fucking quick. If you aren't wearing the right set when an attack hits you are basically asking to get carted. Pink Rathian will absolutely womb combo the fuck out of you.

Oh no not this shit again.
Can we not do this? It's going to be a shitstorm with mhw.

The removed differences weren't purely cosmetic. The main issue is that they don't have separate skills now. Something with Stuff like Handicraft is completely useless to a gunner, for example; because of this, no gunner armor would have these kinds of skills. Now you're stuck with a monster's set having skills useless for gunners, or useless for blademasters, when before you'd have one separate set of skills for gunners and another for blademasters.

Toukiden 2 has a big ass feudal Japan themed world to explore. I'm just bummed the open world exploration is single player only. Multiplayer works like the first game. Other than that one flaw its better than MHW.
Also the person that gives you most of your missions story wise is not ugly as fuck like in MHW.

for

It really balances out though because most sets have one binary gunner skill and one binary blade master skill. The Rathalos set for example. The tiered skills work for both. So you don't really have to worry too much about it.

My favorite set so far is the G. Jagras Alpha armor. The skills on it are really good, and really fit the theme of the monster well. You can eat and drink faster and have a chance to get a free item use. This set is a really good one to start out high rank on.

thats because you have to mix and match, which was basically what you did end game on previous mh games if you wanted to maximize your build. high rank armor can provide more options since low rank armor is shit and you dont wanna grind those like a tard. some armor sets even provide different bonuses for having 3 pieces equipped

But I hate clownsuiting wwwwwwwwwwwwww

I loved fighting pink rathian with the SA.
I cant explain it well but doing the stab/explode attack on her face while she done a her tail backflip attack while i stayed holding on to my SA in her face was really funny to look at.
The way the monsters move now and the way the weapons now work makes this one of my fav monhun games, and one of my favorite ps4 games in general.
I hope you pc fags have fun with the game at 60fps and having a bunch of more content upon release.

i mainly use SA and i love the finisher at the end when you mount monsters. i cant wait for the pc version, this game is hampered by the limitations of the consoles. i saw what they can do with dragons dogma on pc im hoping this gets the exact treatment.

From what I've seen, clownsuiting isn't nearly as bad in World, due to armor colors being a lot more subdued compared to previous games. You can still get some wonky looking shit if you mix something like Rathalos with Legiana, but you're less likely to get something that looks absolutely awful.

switch the virgin with nintendo and you will be spot on. pc is gettin this shit later on the year with all the content and shit most likely as well as denuvo

one issue a part isn't true though. It's impossible tor run out of items in MHW so him giving you honey doesn't matter

If you're shit enough that you end up using more honey per hunt than the farms can produce, then you'll run out of honey in the box too. So it's still possible to run out. That french mudskin who steamed a leaked copy ended up running out of ingredients for the items he was constantly burning through, like max pots.

So a friend gifted me a copy of world since I wasn't going to buy it. After playing it though..when does this become fun? Or even challenging?

Everything seems so off in this game. Little things that annoy me are steadily increasing the longer I play. To the point where I anticipate I will be strongly disliking this game by the end of it (if I tough it out to the end).

Also I don't mean to bring up the casual line, but holy fuck this game feels like it was made for retards. I mean this is what I anticipated, but god damn this sucks to see. Finally, one more bit that especially annoyed me that I need to vent: WHY THE FUCK DID THEY REMOVE THE GUNNER SETS.

Nine fucking months man. If it doesn't get pushed to a full year.

once you hit high rank, low rank has always been piss easy. high rank will one shot you if you dont have the right equipment. single player is easy as fuck though. elder dragons will push your shit. and afte ryou beat the main campaign, frenzied versions of the monsters pop up which will one shot you. i was skeptical about the game too but really all it is mon hun in hd. you can still make a gunner set but you have to mix and match which also plays for blademaster. if you use a gun, you will get wrecked by physical attacks more so than blademaster

Can attest, Horn is good enough to use.
Its buffs far outlast my expectations. Earplugging is a godsend for some hunts.

Is there any reason at all to play coop? It seems like palicos do more than a player would.

But that doesn't mean five million preorders, or five million customers buying it.

I get the feeling that purely by how vastly and utterly different it is, World is basically going to be everyone's most loved or most hated title.

I think Mega took it down because it stopped working. Thanks for upping it in the first place though!

No, the reason the series never caught on in the West is pic related.

You can run while drinking the potions.

MH WORLD IS FUN

Just wondering, is the veggie elder in World?

the difficulty spikes up and you get better rewards it seems. got aplenty of plates and gems from doin coop

You really get better rewards for doing coop?

Yes but he is called the first wyverian he will show up during low rank and give you nice items, I have not seen him in high rank at all yet.

Yes user. People hated FU because they are casuals, not because it was a 3d action game where you controlled the camera with the fucking dpad, and were left in a directionless quagmire of obtuse bullshit. Nope. Those people just hate video games. FU was for people who were already invested in Monster Hunter and literally no one else. It's a great game. But I really wish people would stop recommending it. It's not even the best game by a long shot. It's far outclassed by 4u.

Moving and drinking a potion without holding R1 is unsheathed greatsword speed. When holding R1 it's about walking speed.

The pic he posted applies to every other mainline game just as much as it does FU, though.

from experience i have, especially for those rare pieces. i dont know if its a thing but i have been getting more lucky online

Well, the Diablos + Black Diablos hunt went about as well as could be expected.

Except Monster Hunter did not start growing in popularity here until the release of 3u on the Wii U, the only people who weren't on board were the normies by the time 4u rolled around. FU deserved a western PS3 release. We would be living in a much different timeline if that had happneed. FU is still the worst handheld game.

Wow shes a qt. I think you just convinced me to buy it.

Toukiden is chock full of waifus.
Also the girl with the rifle is not the one that give you the missions, it this girl in red, her name is tsubaki.

i keep seeing this after a quest in World but what exactly does that mean? Am i supposed to talk to some one specific ?

Talk to the little guy sitting on the big pile of books.

What is FU and Tri, dumbshit.

Filter and forget
Only retards argue with other retards.

FU is the best selling title in the series. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

it's almost worth blowing an entire bar of fucking sharpness

thanks for clearing that up, I musta walked passed him a hundred times now, got a massive field guide boost in one shot there

I got stunned.

Freedom 2 sold almost twice as many copies as FU. Mother fucking Generations outsold FU. The actual worst MonHun. You spazz. When the fuck did FU get sacred cow status? Everyone I knew IRL was so done with that piece of shit game when 3u came out. I remember the generals on cuckchan back in 2011 heralding a new era of monster hunter on consoles without shitty hit boxes and new monsters. FU was dead for discussion when 3u came out, now it's THE ONE TRUE GAME. Mind blowing it is.

I think FU is shit compared to 4U and P3rd but it sold almost 5mil worldwide.

Wrong. It sold 3.9 million units. Just about every modern Monster Hunter outside it except tri. Mother fucking portable 3rd outsold it. Come on, user. Get it together man.

vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter

That only shows PSP sales. It's almost the same as P3rd with vita sales.

Is there an online session for NA PS4 users?

Christ why is the CSS all jacked up in this thread and this thread only? What did you niggers do?

Fuck it. Nine months is too long to wait, just gonna get the ps4 one and hope the shitty frames a non-pro one puts out is enough.

fainted once on it, but got two plates, fighting him with switchaxe was tough

i reset browser and it fixed it

guises I know I'm late but don't worry your favorite and best monster is here to make everything all better again

the fuck are you talking about nigger? it would make much more sense if you said 3DS but fucking WiiU? FU is where the series starting to gained popularity in the west, stop kidding yourself by claiming MH got popular with WiiU

Spoonfeed this newcomer if you will, what kind of meme is this mon?
My only encounter with it outside of this thread is a digitized erotic picture book where the heroine gets silk bagged and pumped full of aphrodisiac poison.
I'm guessing that's creative license.

he's a rather simple mon who is agile to the point where fighting him is always keeping you on your toes but it isn't to the degree of annoying and thus he's pretty fun and not to mention he's one of the few new monsters with a new bloody skeleton frame

daily reminder that if anyone likes gypceros they're a faggot and deserve to have aids

Nerc is the best monster because it slaughters all of the degenerate gypsy faggots and makes clothing out of their flesh as a warning to their kin, just like a hunter does. It kills so many of them that their AIDS infestation physically manifests as crystals on its back, which it weaponizes to fight any other monster or hunter that wanders into its nest.

I wanna play a monster hunter before World comes out on pee sea. I've dabbled a little but never really dove in because I was too afraid of never making it back out, but now I'm ready. I have XX on the Switch and can read Japanese, but people here really like to shit on it, so I'm thinking of just going with 4G/U, but the online community is bound to be less active and I don't really want to play on the 3DS. Any opinions?

Emulate FU

I'a nercy-chan

4U's online community is still pretty active. XX gets shit on a lot because it's a spinoff game that adds in a lot of stuff that makes the game feel more "actiony" and faster paced, and because it's ridiculously easy compared to the earlier games. For example, adding in Brave style, aka "Hold Y to not die" mode. It has a lot of faults, but it's not a bad game. I wouldn't recommend it as a first MH game though, because it's a spinoff game with some different mechanics than the main series, and it's meant to be the anniversary celebration of the past games instead of something you start with. But, playing on 3DS is hell, because the 3DS is underpowered, cramped, has an awful screen, has awful ergonomics, and has terrible controls. XX is good enough to start with if you want to, since you already have it and playing on a Switch would be leagues better than playing on a 3DS. I just highly recommend you try starting with Guild style and get used to that before experimenting with other styles.
If you have a Wii U, you could try 3G or 3U (play 3G if you can, 3U's localization gave hunters a base 50 defense that's impossible to remove, which makes early game a cakewalk and even lategame a bit easier), which is my favorite game in the series (I played it on 3DS though. From what I've heard, the Wii U port has a shitty framerate, but is otherwise far better than on 3DS). Or you could try emulating Portable 3rd, which is also a great MH game, very similar to 3G except without the controversial underwater combat, and without G-rank (the third, and hardest difficulty tier).

I loved the insect glaive from that thing.

I was about to shit post at you but yeah it really is an insect with those six legs and not a real spider with 8 sadly tbh

Until World, anyway.

There's a couple Anons playing Low Rank 4G these days, so if you post a room they might show up. If you don't want to play on 3DS though, your best choices are going to be PPSSPP emulating the PSP titles.

Nope.
It actually gave me a claim red marker on it.
Maybe cause of the obvious name and no password.

those are nice trips tbh

you really should stop with this meme.
if you like to take dick up your ass, it's your decision, but Nercy is a pure girl and deep inside you know that.

Stop posting traps we all know Nerscylla is the spiderMAN.

If you want a real female bug look no further than tank-waifu S.Queen.

It look like a Lost Planet game to me. I know both franchise had some similarities and same devs but this really to close to LP. I pass.

Stop this shit right now! the last time this happened Slugfucker was born and no one wants a repeat of that.

/male/ Nercy only

you what?

they slowed the speed down after the beta

Where should one begin with Monster Hunter?

Dont bother, its a dead franchise at this point

depends what you want out of the games, if you want something portable MH4U is really good or if you want something on PEE CEE there's either get fucked no mmo five u in English or emulate that bullshit but you could wait for world for PEE CEE like I am because maybe at that point I'll have actual confirmation that there'll be a new actual spider type monster rather then nercy who I have to settle with even though he's my babe

The PSP games, Unite is the best to start off with plus PSP emulation is pretty much perfect at this point.

i just still do not understand why sprinting while drinking potions is a thing. i can't wrap my head around it.

Gameplay videos of the full game suggest otherwise.

I would suggest 2G/FU for the PSP, as it's pretty much the apex of the first two generations, and really is the soul of what Monster Hunter is. From there, Portable 3rd on the PSP, and then 3G and 4G/U on the 3DS will be the entire series. The PSP games can be emulated pretty damn well.

Because

If I were to hazard a guess, they took some of the aspects of Souls series into consideration
Walking briskly out of the path of fuckhuge claws while taking a sippy is comical in a way

Hi Makoto.

It's not sprinting. It's the base run speed. It's a tad slower than the base run speed, and that is with the sprint held down. The monsters in world are generally more aggressive and more accurate with their attacks so far. When they are in your face they will target you non stop until you tire them out. People who are bitching about this did not play high rank.

Sorry to burst your "muh nipanon boogeyman" bubble, but he's actually being accurate - there's a group of Anons here playing 4G in Low Rank, while the 4U players are mostly doing G Rank from what I've seen.

How much moonrune knowledge do i need to get through 3G & 4G

Why would you play the jap version without knowing any 日本語?

If you're already familiar with the game, not much at all, basic pattern recognition skills will get you by.

Difficulty probably - 3U we know for sure about, but many suspect that 4U, and Generations for that matter, were also toned down, just in less obvious ways

difficulty
practice reading
i was going to say online but then remembered my 3ds is banned

If you're CFW'd you can probably fix it

3ds font for jap is horrible tho.

But like the earlier guy said, you can manage with almost zero knowledge.
Only thing you really need to be able to read are gathering quest objectives.

Snowy Mountains is still objectively the best area in the series.

Zero. Just download google translate onto a tablet or smartphone then take pictures or draw any text you need translated. Then toss that text into a japanese monster hunter wiki. There you go, you have the answer for everything without knowing moon

Snowy mountains is great, but I liked p3rd's flooded forest the most.

It's not so bad if you're on the LL screen at least.

Too much verticality, but pretty nice design.

Wrong. Heaven's Mount from 4 is without a doubt the prettiest location in the series. It's also not in Freedom 2.

Not anymore, Coral Highland from World is fucking gorgeous and the most beautiful location in the series

why would you go through that shit when 3U and 4U exists?

Wasn't it an armor skill? Still bullshit though.

Nope

Some monsters are way too quick and relentless in this game to deal with solo if you were to just stand still while healing, plus, no more zoning either so they can hunt YOU down to a degree.
Running while healing is necessary to not get completely fucked up in that case and makes fighting go alot faster if you are into that kind of gameplay.
I prefer fast/fluid/seamless mh with the more lifelike monsters to the slow mh with robotic and predictable as fuck monsters along with the hardware limitations dragging it down.
Its way more fun and interesting whether you shout CASUALIZED or not.

And if you don't complete the animation, such as rolling or getting hit, you lose the item completely. It's a balance.

It's about as hard as in previous games just due to monster behaviour changes. It's only slightly easier.

Updated ID: 6uYyAb3d4JZ6
Wednesday, 12:40pm Eastern time

I did some testing with the new ways you can customize your bowguns MHW:
First ignore the noobguide that shows on customization screen and press L3 to bring up the ammo list, since it gives more precise info.
Special ammo is not affected by any mods.
Shield is only for Heavy Bowguns.

+1 Small nudge, can keep moving and shooting.
+2 Stronger nudge, can keep moving and shooting.
+3 Small backhop, stops movement.
+4 Large backhop, stops movement.

Fast, quick bolt pull, can keep moving.
Normal, slower bolt pull, can keep moving.
Slow, braces gun against ground, stops movement.
Very Slow, rests gun on knee, stops movement.

10% damage boost each mod, stacks up to 30% with 3.
From point blank to a bit under 1 roll range away from the target.
The range is just 1 step shorter than the max optimal distance of spread shot.
No effect on special or status ammo, (Slicing, Sticky, Cluster, Poison, Paralysis, etc.)

10% damage boost each mod, stacks up to 30% with 3.
Starts at a bit over 2 rolls away from the target.
The min range is one step further away than max optimal range of normal shots.
No effect on special or status ammo, (Slicing, Sticky, Cluster, Poison, Paralysis, etc.)

(Note, I did not test these personally due to time it would take)
1: Same as Sword n' shield.
2: Same as Greatsword and Chargeblade .
3: Same as Lance and Gunlance.

TL:DR.
Aim for these:

Recoil:
+1 or +2 recoil on your preferred shot(s).

Reload:
Fast or Normal reload for your preferred shot(s).

Long Range:
Only if you mainly use pierce and elemental shots. (All other shots have either too short critical distance or not affected by the mod).

Close Range:
Only if you mainly use Spread. (Technically Normal shots as well, but they have a bit over double the crit distance compared to the mod effect distance).

Shield:
If you want to play extra safe or are running a glass cannon build.

lol no

How many losers are in the eighth fleet squad so far?

not enough

Quality post, friend.

Last thread it was 14, by now it's 18.

Still haven't bought it but I will eventually

This is just a rumor and there has never been any evidence of the difficulty being changed in either direction. Some people also suspect that 4U and Gen increased the difficulty, and they have every bit as much evidence of that; which is to say, none at all. Provide proof or stop parroting this shit.

3U's localization was bullshit by fucking with the difficulty, making all of Low Rank and most of High Rank a complete cakewalk - which is a shame, because the story wasn't so bad and the characters were almost all likable. 4U, who cares, its story was trash, far worse than 3U's, its characters were all bland and one dimensional at best and literally just "drops the 'g' on -ing suffixes" at worst, and it's not like there's anything else worth reading in it.

Someone told me that the monsters will pin down and rape you if you're playing a female character and get beat up too much, is that true?

I wish it were true. Hopefully they'll add this feature by the time Zinogre is added.

Gunning is great fun.

Moga village guild sweetheart best girl. Every time I hear her "HAIIII", I can't help but smile.

It's the base, non-run speed when you're holding R1. Without R1 it's unsheathed greatsword speed.

Diablos was going after my Palico.

This hurts.

How are hunting horns? What do they do?

Smashing, buffs, apparently at some point they became made of marshmallows or I'm just not upgrading enough. I'm going to try with the insect glaive

group stat boosts, resistances, and an interesting way to play, especially with friends. Playing hunting horn solo is kind of painful, as you should be getting stat boosts before combat, since playing the horn can leave you very vulnerable during combat.

Yeah that was the plan, so i used an SOS to try and get some people to hunt with. Doesn't seem to be working so I've been trying to do it solo, which is a bad idea.

How powerful are the stat boosts?

What drives people to do this?

The PC version will be worse than the PS4 and XBone version, mark my words.

Fucked that one up didn't I.
Either way Japs can't into PC ports so the point still stands

Your only 3 posts are shit and contribute nothing.
Go back.

Dragon dogma's port was perfect.

Neither can gooks, polacs, [insert every group/race here] because many ports are done by people with little experience in the matter. Few games were ever ported to pc and only recently did they start porting the good shit onto PC.
Also, good ports have come from capcom like and Okami.

Pretty sure he means "Why are you buying the non-G version"

yeah I've been playing it solo for the early monsters and it sucks to try to keep boosts going when in the heat of battle, especially when I want to roll instead of play a song.

Depends on which horn you have and how leveled up it is. Boosts range from extra small to large on the weaker horns, to small to extra large on the stronger ones.

So this is where the game actually starts, right?

Is my luck just weird or are plates a lot more common and gems much rarer in World? I've got 8 fucking Rathalos plates and 0 gems.

Do you play horn? Playing music is your highest MV attack.

i'd just play solo right now too its technically low rank still but my buddy wants me to help his babby butt

I watched vinny play it and it was slowed down for him unless I saw wrongly

Farming Odogaron for the armor set and then some. We can round-robin too though. I’m only HR9 however
‪Session ID: ‬3cEM6WMWHxtw

Did you not enjoy lr? Hr is better but I thought lr was good overall, aside from shit armors.

Yes. A few people in squad have the same problem. I get the same thing.

You're creating a new session each time because you can't connect to the one being hosted I think.

Wrong Id or it doesn't exist (system message)

Okay try now. I recreated the session. Dunno why you’d get an error, it was the right ID for sure.

Anyway, new one here: 6sHXxu4Yvf72

Oh right, make sure you guys have the 1.03 update downloaded and that you’ve rebooted the game

I like playing horn in the older games, this one seems like taking advantage of the environment is more safe for horn users than getting in close. Guess I should strategize getting hits in, hide or move away to get stat boosts, then move back in for more attacks.

For some monsters, yes, but not in a sexual way; and it happens regardless of your gender.

Oh shit, he's right.
New update lads. Save+quit, then close application.
Update it.

I didnt have enough space to open the game at first, needed 260 something megabytes to do it.
I had to delete metal gear survive beta to make space for it

oh fuck, this legit scared me for a sec.

Aaaaaand I ran out of ps+ and I cant play anymore, this hunter is truly out of comission.
I managed to make my 2 day trial last 5 days by not closing the game though.
I had a good run eigth squad, see you when I get some of my money back from somebody who owes me.

tfw no ps+. guess I'll play the pc version

lrn2 sage

Can't even tell if it's bait anymore these days. We reached the bump limit hours ago.

It's polite not to post like a crazy person still. Practice makes potent.

Fuck off grandpa, stuff was just happening really fast thats all.
And here, I'll sage just for you.

Also remember to join Eigth Squad!
Our current session id - 6sHXxu4Yvf72

fuck off newfag
I want people to join my band of executioners though, as much as I love the sound of the Eight Fleet
neat.

LR was fine, but I'm garbage at MonHun, I'm talking couldn't beat Lagiacrus or the thing right after Tetsu in 3u or 4u respectively, mainly due to the 3DS being absolute shit for those games, but LR was a cakewalk with the exception of Rathalos, which I had to SOS Flare for.

No, he's right for that one. He should have said not to treat the thread as a chatroom.
This isn't halfchan my kawaii newfag.

tismfu threesomes are now available

If you haven't already, make sure you switch your Palico's gadget from the Vigorwasp to something else. It's a huge crutch.

Yep, been levelling the Instruments, also got a hold of the shield.

When/how do you get more Palico gadgets? I’ve been stuck with vigorwasp

When you're on an expedition, there are Doodles and Pawprints you can find that lead you to Grimalkynes, which will give you a quest to end up getting new Palico gadgets. There's a group of Grimalkynes in each zone as far as I'm aware, haven't searched for them in the Vale yet.

Ahhh okay. Thanks! I haven’t been doing expeditions much.

FUCK
STEAM IS STILL CRASHING WHILE I'M PLAYING DBFZ EVEN WITH ALL THE BULLSHIT TURNED OFF
WHAT IS THIS

whoops wrong thread

Yeah, the only reason to do Expeditions are the Grimalkyne quests and the 2 extra camps in each zone.

Nergigante is a FUCKING animal. I tried so many times to beat him solo. The closest I got was sword and shield tanking every hit that came but nope. This angry nigger is without a doubt one of the biggest asshole flagships those cocksuckers ever devised. He has an answer for just about every offense you throw at him. You chop his legs by rolling under him and he fucking belly flops and this instantly kills you.

Nergigante is amazing.

It has the weakest shield in the game.
Best flagship monster is still Dinovaldo. He lived to bully weeb samurai with his superior jurassic steel and died trying to save us from idoru shitto.

It's working so far. The closest I've gotten. He's just too fast and too strong for me to deal with any other way. I have fully upgraded Zorah armor and he still shreds me.

Nothing from Anjanath or earlier does, at the very least. Even with the slightly slower healing time, you can still easily find healing windows to stand still in.

Except it's always the monsters running away. Always. The monsters in this game are fucking cowards, and with how oversized the maps are and lacking loading transitions, you spend more time chasing them back and forth than actually fighting them.

At the cost of any difficulty or tension.

For some reason no one capable of doing so seems to have ever poked around in the code to find out.

Anyone who honestly believes that about Gen, a game where the (((localizers))) went above and beyond to shit entirely on the idea of getting good at video games or not just being carried in multiplayer, was modified to be harder than it's original, is completely full of shit.

That's faster than the base non-run speed though. It's slightly slower than a normal R1 run, but it's still faster than just the base movement speed.

I sure hope so, it's been dull as shit so far.

Monster Hunter is first and foremost a coop game. This has always been the case. It's easy in coop because that is how it was designed to be played. In a group. Preferably four.

And here come the apologists.

Monster Hunter was conceived as a multiplayer game before they even nailed down the actual gameplay my dude. Get your fucking facts straight.

What's the bone material with the purple icon in the top of slot of most final weapons?

I'm going to guess it's an ancient dragon bone or something radical like that. Most of the endgame weapons in portable third required some kind of immortal dragon scales or something to that degree.

I mean, I realize that. I'm wondering what the actual name is and where to get it. I'm within spitting distance of finishing three different weapons, I just need that damn bone.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I JUST WANT TO MAKE NEW WEAPONS AND ARMOR, FUCK THIS CLAW TOED CUNT

Why would they sage on topic posts?

Who are you quoting?

I'm going to stop this before it gets out of hand like the EYE thread.

ok

The poofball bat is cute but god every other monster is worse than the elephant in X

I can heal standing next to a rajang in the same zone, dont give me that bullshit its impossible to find a window you fucking drooling retard

Monsters dont even follow you across zones, you can easily just run into what would be the next. Zone and because the game is so fucking empty you can heal without worry of even a fucking vespoid stopping you

The idea that this no zone thing is good is so fucking stupid, instead of fluid zone to zone shit we now gotta run down fucking shitty paths chasing monsters across a fucking empty ass world

But hey at least we can spam O while running past everything to pick up shit

This really is a stupid argument. You really don't spend that much time chasing shit. Especially if you use the slinger. You shoot them enough and the battle will continue right then. You just need to learn to play.

I know how to play
maps are too big and running from zone to zone is even worse
The fact you can stop monsters running is even more stupid

Chasing them is too hard, forcing them to stop running by shooting them repeatedly in the back of the head with coconuts is too hard for you, I guess it's time to end it user.

I dont wanna chase them or shoot them
I want zones and none of these empty hallways

You say the hallways are empty but they are actually full of things you can use to slow down and catch up to the monster with. Vines to swing from, things to shoot, materials to gather and use when you do catch up to the monster. If you think the game is empty you didn't play it or you aren't any good at it yet. The environment is the best new thing about this game.

If I wanted bugs id bring a bug net
Making me run through tunnels doesn't make want to pick up bugs anymore than if bugnets were still a thing
Thus the hallways are empty

Do you even hunt?

I bet you dont drown in plates and rubies every kill like a casual

After putting down Xeno'jiiva I am convinced that if you think this is not in the top 3 best MonHun games you are a delusional faggot. Only explanation.

user stop confusing yourself, just figure out what you want already. You don't even want to chase them? Do you want to sit there and twiddle your thumbs after the monster runs away or some shit? The game is called monster HUNTER for a reason user, if you don't like it play tokuiden or god eater.

N-no! Freedom unite is still the best! Muh content! Muh tension! Muh slow and clunky combat!
Gogmazios vs Xeno'jiiva, who would win in a fight?

I've had a bazelgeuse chase me across at least three zones in the forest. I thought I'd be safe hiding in the caves but nope, that fucker squeezed through the tunnels to get at me.

Before the thread dies. How do you get conmendations or recomendations or however is called in english to craft the guild armor set? I feel like wearing a fancy hat.

I think you can get commendations from Zorah and High Commendations from the other elder dragons.

I assume they come from getting a good rank on the arena missions, but I couldn't manage better than a C on the LR ones.

I see, I just got lucky and got the stones I need to make two pieces of the set, but I need the commendations to make the rest. Also, I have the pukey pukey, the egg stealing chicken and the Rathian arena fights, I guess I get pupey pukey badges for fighting the pukeypykey, chicken badges for fighting the chicken and Rathian badges for fighting the rathian?

Yeah, you get them in the Arena.

Ah cool. I guess I'll start farming badges tonight. Also, I guess the commendation are almost at the end of the game? I just explored Rotten Valley and didn't do any quest there yet.

High Commendations are pretty much for the late game elders so yeah, Zorah is the last thing of LR and he drops Commendations so you're not that far off.
I hope there is a High Rank version of that armor, I want to start doing arena quests again.

What is stronger? the guild armor or the Diablos armor?

To be honest, from the set the only thing I like is the hat.

I wouldn't be able to tell but in LR just go for style.
The skill sets in LR are abysmal so just get what you think looks best.

Getting real fucking tired of japs fucking things up. Poking beasties with insect glaive when I have bombs set up, deciding to take on a totally different monster leaving me to solo one scaled for four, not getting out of the way of Anjanath's belching.
Always, always, the name is filled with moon runes.

Always filter out jap players, they are abysmal in every game that is not a fightan.

You're probably playing with children

Well I followed advice and started on FU, this is pretty fun.
im kinda sad there's no one to play with though

How do i get the training for coins? Read i had to fight a boss, but i killed yian kut ku and his training didn't pop up or aany boss ive fought
Also how strong are element attributes? I was fighting with snake bite+ and it took about 5-6 hits switched to frost edge for yian and those same raptors died in 3 hits

Yes people need to remember MH is pure normalfag in japan. The 3ds games were salarymen and school kid killing time on the train between having their souls crushed. They know little more than where the pointy end goes.

Anybody got far enough in the game to see nergy beat the shit out of other elder dragons yet?

I hate when this shit happens. Japs are the only people I've seen do this. I remember one time in XX, doing the G-rank two Kecha quest, with a cat shitter and someone else in brave style (I think GS, can't remember for sure)
Normally I'd have waited for everyone else to be ready before chasing down a monster that flees to sleep, but I wanted to shame them. I'm not even very good at MH, but it makes me feel good to know there are still people far worse than me out there.

Where's eigth fleet now? Old id was full of japs when I got to it, and now is defunct.

That's pretty funny actually, did oyu have a good time? I'll update it if you need an invite.

NEW SQUAD ID:
3ZhtQ2EezFu6

I came to the right place

You're the first one to have caught that, well done.
Though I made it into more of a roman name, it's based of Rodesia.

Pretty much this, the launch window is going to be full of shitters. The ones who stick around for a long time afterwards will be the good ones. Also I would assume most of the ones good at the series are also smart enough to wait for G rereleases

Supposedly there's a way to do PPSSPP online now, we should figure that out and get a group running FU together.

Depends. My understanding is that on melee weapons the element damage only "activates" 1/3 of the time, so it's kind of luck based, like Affinity.

What's better in MHFU for Great Sword?
Attack Large and Reckless Abandon +1
or
Attack Small and Reckless Abandon +2

It's just gonna be used for low to early-mid high rank, then I'll actually start planning good sets/move away from GS.

you can play both freedom 1, freedom unite and portable 3rd online using the hunster verse, tough you gonna need to use disagreement to get the ip and agree to their rules.

hunstermonter.net/

IIRC Reckless Abandon was the Affinity boosting skill? Keep in mind that critical hits do 125% normal damage, and that Affinity is the chance of them activating. Odds are usually such that you should favor raw damage over critical, especially in lower ranks.

Some things never change.

I now have 18 rathian plates and no gems.

This game is really really fun.

This reminds me of trying to make a Ceadeus weapon in 3U.

disagreement mods are literally the worst people

So there are two discörds.

'll do that, though i'm playing on my vita so i gotta do some extra steps to get it to play nice with ppsspp

Khezu's kicking my ass since S&S has a lot of forward momentum and i get electrecuted not being able to get out from under him

Shield can save you sometimes

What the other guy said. Shield is better than most people realize.

oh no