Cyberpunk Vidya

What’s all out there that’s worth playing from this genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

myabandonware.com/game/shadow-president-206
cyberpunk.asia/countdown.php?lng=us
my.mixtape.moe/sgofdt.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

System Shock and the Blade Runner adventure game.

Terminator Future Shock. That game has top notch atmosphere that fits Terminator movie really well.

fag

DreamWeb is the best Cyberpunk game ever made, Dennaton games said that they never played iirc but they clearly did. Go and play it with Scummvm, its freeware.

UMÁ DELICIA

Real men use the term "cuck" you cuckholded shit taste nigger.

Go away

isnt that game dead?

In which manner is F.E.A.R cyberpunk? The only "cyberpunk" thing there is to it is the apartment filled with computers.

Last I saw it still had a 50 player peak.

this is a really bad post

If you are planning to play System Shock, please play the Enhanced Edition because the original has just downright terrible controls and camera. Still, SS2 is a much better game, at least gameplay wise.

There’s a Holla Forums group that still plays it and a few others, but if you’re looking to jump into a game whenever you aren’t going to have much luck.

I think there's some players from time to time. It's sad that it fizzled out once when it was first released, then fizzled out again when it got put on Steam in what, 2014? I remember that it was still on Source 2004 and as such worked just perfectly with HLDJ.

Sega Genesis Shadowrun

F.E.A.R is heavily inspired by Japanese cyberpunk media and it shows.
Especially Armacham and the fact that you usually travel through mostly runned down/working class buildings.

they're called warehouses and office buildings and they're distinctly not cyberpunk

Armacham is though

once again, they're called warehouses and office buildings and they're distinctly not cyberpunk. there's really nothing remotely cyberpunk about anything in fear and it's weird to even bring it up.

One enemy in the game doesn't make the whole game cyberpunk. By this rule Sonic is a cyberpunk game

sonic mania's studiopolis zone is more cyberpunk than every level in every fear game combined

so why didnt you put alma pictures?

Sure

How's Oni?

I played it a couple years ago, and while there’s definitely love put into it it hasn’t aged terribly well.

best beat them up game for the pc in that era.

Is it actually worth the time? I remember the demo being fairly entertaining

Absolutely. Great soundtrack, great writing, great waifus.

Thanks user, I'll finally get around to it.
Here's hoping the clone game isn't shit either.

if you like reading shitpostings in your dialogs.

wew

Man, that movie was just not as good as the original at all.

They rarely are, but I’d say it was pretty solid by today’s standards aside from the cringey “le Resistance!” crap.

I do like reading shitpostings in my dialogues

Why do so many isometric shooters have cyberpunk aesthetics/themes?
Of all the isometric shooters I've played, Helldivers and Alien Swarm are the only two that aren't as neon-soaked as GitS.

That is a beautiful looking woman.

I saved this.

CH-CH-CH-CHECKED

Considering how most movies are propaganda fests filled with diverse (aka talentless) casts and not a hint of creativity in their directing, I’m pretty forgiving. Don’t want to derail the thread to much on this topic tho.

Also, that’s a solid infopic, saved

Missing

Cyberpunk is so fucking gay 9/10 times. So few can do it properly like Deus Ex and it's just obnoxious neon color settings and retarded plot lines.

I think Deus Ex may have stumbled on how perfect it is considering nothing was ever quite able to capture that again.

Deus Ex is fun, for the most part. It seems to fall apart after or during Paris.

Also, I'm impressed nobody posted this one yet, it's freeware just like

deus ex is in every way falling with style, and if you look into its development its clear they cobbled together a quarter of a game and managed to get something working out of it. the actual development of deus ex was a 100% disaster and core systems still weren't in place 9 months to the games launch.

Top lel! :^)

isnt remember me shit? checked

I don't remember

They really did choose the worst possible name.

I'm going to be completely honest. And I don't really care if it hurts your feelings.

But all footfags deserve to be gassed.

time to die

Also; filtered.

It's hard to quantify the retardation in this post.

B-But muh armpits! Muh earlobes! Muh underage girls!

Kill yourself.

get yourself sorted out

Ruiner is pretty fun.

Don't expect a long game though. It was like 70% the length that Bastion was and that might even be a stretch

I don't know if nier automata counts as cyberpunk. But the atmosphere links up really well with having an open world, unlike most open world games.

That's like saying you're into panties, but you're not into butts or cunts. You're not fooling anyone, footkike.

I also liked Ruiner, but I can definitely say that it doesn't have the longevity of a game like Brigador or EYE.

Does this count?

I find myself angry that Watch Dogs is in the list but Ace Combat 3 is not there.
Huwa?!
Still, checked…

Brigador really needs some co-op. It's good, but after you clear the campaign the only thing you can do is endurance runs, without being able to change your loadout.

NeoFeud. It's a fully voice acted point and click adventure game set in robot slums and features DRM cigarettes. Some of the references are a little too blatant but I laughed more than I probably should have.

How is system shock 2 cyberpunk?
I haven't played the first, but the second seems obviously to just be scifi. Where's the punk part?

Feels bad man.

:^)

The freelance mode just needs more bloody maps. I love fucking around with different builds, but the Pinhal Novo Security Corridor has only gotten more boring with time.

Human Revolution, Mankind Divided, Divine Cybermancy

my nigga! i came here to post this.
it's unfortunate the kickstarter reboots didn't live up to the expectation of a genesis shadowrun sequel. ;_;

Oh yeah, I remember seeing this on the steam page. I love how vibrant everything looks. He also made a deus ex mod which seems kinda cool, like a homeless starvation simulator is there a free download for neofeud somewhere?

Reminding its having a coming back and there still a playerbase. Devs bought the rights from Perfect World and are using another company to host the servers.
wish a comeback could happen for NeoTokyo too

Jydge is pretty alright. It's no Eye or Deus Ex though.

Does it have significant improvements over Neon Chrome? Because that game started out decently enough, but the second half just fell off in terms of content.

No clue. I never played Neon Chrome. The reason I'm playing this one is because you're playing a Dredd/ Robocop type character, dishing out a lethal dose of justice. Until it told me on the splash screen, I didn't even know it was a sequel of sorts but in Neon Chrome you seem to play some anarchist faggot, so I have no interest in it.

There's also Decker, a free cyberpunk hacking game. It's pretty enjoyable, if not particularly deep.

You play as a hacker trapped in a mega-skyscraper sending clones up to fight the AI litch king at the top. The whole thing feels half-finished and the ending/NG+ bait is terrible.

Is it even a game though.

I'd say no, but since you got it for free you might as well. The music is nice and the graphics are too, but don't expect any cyberpunk whatsoever. The game turns into a lesbian soap opera halfway through and then ends having done nothing interesting. It was a total let down.

It was trash.

The devs made it clear that they aren't really planning on doing much more with the game though. A couple balance tweaks here and there and some camos and that's it.

Anyone heard of Satellite Reign? Isometric CRPG-ish shooter, I thought it was pretty fun, and there's co-op.

Satellite Reign is a direct spiritual successor to the original Syndicate, but fails to live up to the standards of the original and gets really samey. I played through most of it and it just got dull and repetitive. I could see co-op being fun though, since it's basically a heist game.

What clone?

Not much since game just needed more maps, but that would only happen when the community maps becomes a thing, so doubtful.
Just surprised that the game wanst left to die after the parity patch, still getting some support after all these years.

I had fun with it, just because there's so few even decent cyberpunk games. I played through it once just by myself, and then again with my brother and a friend, I think it gets more fun the more people you play with, it makes managing abilities in the middle of combat way easier. I thought the enemies were alright, but they did get pretty boring, no enemy hackers or stealth characters or really anything that isn't just shooting at you with different guns was disappointing. I also wish there was a larger variety of top-tier weapons.

People consider FMV titles to be game and this has some choice making and game over, even some light-gun shit. So YES:

I'm somewhat salty I never played it when it came out.

Why ? Its was very well optimized game at the time to run in a toaster with a 4mb connection, that was my case.

I honestly don't remember. I either wasn't able to play it or I just forgot about it existing. I could probably try it now and see if there's still some fun to be had, but I don't know. Most people say it's not really what it used to be anymore.

How does it compare to Brigador and Ruiner?
It's on sale right now, but I want to have some idea of what i'm spending 7 dollarydoos on.

It's shit compared to both of them.

It's called Red Strings Club. No idea if it's good or not.

It was already posted here and it's not a clone, bartending is just one mechanic of three. Also there's no waifus or weebpandering at all, everyone's just a pixelshit stickman. How the fuck did you think this was supposed to a clone?

I have played neither but it's a far more cheaply produced game. The art is worse and the gameplay probably is too. You should only get it if you really feel like playing a Dredd/ Robocop character and want some weapon- and character-customization..

this is good so its sequel but I like the orginal a bit more
myabandonware.com/game/shadow-president-206
you play as the mother fucking president with your finger on the nuclear launch button and shit

Nobody stays a fan of same setting for many years, trust me. Only people with OCD would waste their time on "cyberpunk only" content, especially with its amount and william gibson being anti-drumpf faggot.

cogminds in a good state a fun cyberpunk roguelike. dont buy it torrent it may be worth a buy when he finishes it tho. its got nice gameplay a good look.

Ive got similar feelings when it comes to caves of qud. caves of qud is literally years away from being done but its very playable and fun in the state that its in. both of these are worth a torrent, run on a toaster (quds listed requirements are higher than you actually need the game will run on a shitbox and not overheat it). yeah quds kind of post apocylptic but you see some very cyberpunk elements if you play it.

havent played it in ages but I remember Anachronox being really fun. also if you havent played the major deus ex full game conversions check them out, the nameless mod is great especially but a lot of them are good. deus ex has one of the single best mod scences for a game thats not called doom. like real talk, so many good ones. not a huge fan of some of the game tweaking ones, but I do love the fuck out of the full game conversions.

And Holla Forums continues to disapoint me yet again.
Neotokyo is just a cyberpunk-flavoured Counter-Strike reskin. It's shit for the same reasons Counter Strike is shit.
Or rather: it's not really that bad on it's own. But put it next to Dystopia and it's a flaming turd ball.

dystopia had cyberpsace running parallel with the rest of the game, you had diferent kinds of vision/detection, bunch of varied weapons, wildly distinct classes, and a fuckton of maps and shit to play as.

Instead you give some NVG, smoke nades and +7% speed bonus to a class and that has the Neotokyo fanboys cream their pants.
And what of it? The original team broke, the fan base died to internal bickering and everyone left Dystopia to the side because it didn't have the level of publicity and advertising Neotokyo had.

Fuck you. Seriously, fuck everyone who played Neotokyo. Your game is dead and you deserve it.

Any cyberpunk driving games/open world games? I just want to drive through a different dystopian wasteland.

Nitronic Boost.

Quarantine, although it's hard to gauge if it's cyberpunk or just neo-80'sish.

Any games similar to Syndicate or Syndicate Wars? I tried Satellite Reign but it runs like trash on my pc.

You mean Nitronic Rush?

There's anons here so pozzed in the head they think used goods Western whores are what passes for good waifus.

cyberpunk.asia/countdown.php?lng=us

I saw an article advertising it as a "Cyberpunk Bartending Simulator," and didn't look further into it. Get it now, shit for brains?

When do we get another Dystopia gamenight?

It's not Cyberpunk but try MechCommander.

Soon™

I'd heard of Dystopia before but hadn't looked into it. Just downloaded it. If it's good and I can work around the compatibility issues, I can host it side-by-side with the 8/v/ EYE server.

If you do you should crack it with Revemu so anti-Steam anons can play too, it's not particularly hard to do.

a-at least I have the thing that lets me buy shit permanently

Why? Why would anyone ever prestige?
Also, the new UI is fucking disgusting.

It's been that way since like fucking 2015. I went to the Blacklight reddit to see if they would change it, and all I could find is some of the devs saying that it's impossible to recover the old UI. I didn't love the old UI, but at least it fucking worked.

Welcome to modern vidya: locked down to prevent piracy so you can't mod basic QoL features back in.

Blade Runner the Game, if you're into point and click. Shadowrun for the Genesis and SNES are both fun as well.

Where to find it? The link from the developer is kaput.

Bumpu

my.mixtape.moe/sgofdt.zip

Did you watch the cyberpunk movie that basically has Jake Armitage played by Rutger Hauer hunting down a mutated sewer rat in a fairly dystopian cyberpunk version of the U.K.?

He even talks to a dog a few times

awesome, thanks!

details?

Why is there a bunch of Bad Dragon dildos atop a reverse floating pyramid

I was wondering if a game set entirely in a computer would qualify (TRON 2.0), but this seems to answer my question.

Look for Jinteki Industries in the server browser. We haven't had any organized events yet, though.

yeah nah i dont get anything.

anyways im on the sermon server join if ud like

That's like saying liking lacy lingerie means you jerk to lingerie that isn't being worn.
You can like an accessory because of how accentuates some corporal feature.

You really want to try and make soy meaningless, huh Holla Forums?

Cyberbump.

Get Ruiner or Brigador first. They're both far better.

I stumbled across the soundtrack for this game, and it's not that bad. When I looked into the game though I wasn't impressed. I saw a lot of comparisons to gods will be watching too, and I really didn't like that game.

The music video for that song is fucking great.

Is that a parody of the Voynich Manuscript?

C'mon man, are you kidding me?

Also, you may only reply to this post if you have BEATEN System Shock 2

shut up, soyboy.
You're still trying to turn cuck into a generic insult just because you actually are one and want to dilute it.
soyboy faggot cuck kike dipshit

>on iOS

it is cyberpunk, just not good cyberpunk. It would be much better off avoiding the label and embracing scifi horror.

More

is this still happening? or did dev just give up

COMING SOON! GET HYPED!

You really have to have a better sense of personal responsibility when you make posts like this.

i guess they are waiting for more shekels from sony.

Beneath a Steel Sky
Gemini Rue
The Moment of Silence: they got everything right other than touchscreens
Project Eden: basically Lost Vikings in 3d
All but the last are adventures.
is also worth playing, it's pretty simple but good. Also it's free and small so if you don't like it you only wasted a minute.

Not exactly cyberpunk, but it has robots: Scrapland. There's also some old game where you control a ship, can steal other ships, do missions and it even supports multiplayer, but the name escapes me.

Not really what I'd call cyberpunk. The devs were obviously weebs though because they also made this.

It was a dickish move, but I loved it.

What about?

Will they undo the fuckery done by the PS4 release?

A pretty killer simple shooter in a Cyberpunk setting, can't go wrong with it.

You play as a Hacker that got imprisoned, and during his time there he got JACKED UP.

I was not aware there were ever plans for a singleplayer Neotokyo. I thought Harrison just composed that music as a standalone OST for the multiplayer.

What Holla Forums group? The only group I am aware of does not reference Holla Forums in any way.