Chrono Cross

What in the holy hell have I just gotten myself into? Where am I?

Shitty furry RPG that rides on Chrono Trigger's name

It's not shitty at all. You're stupid.

cant get shittier than taking great ideas and doing nothing interesting with them

judging by that screenshot, you just got into chronopolis

You are entering the point in the game where the script becomes excised sections of Xenogears.

Having only a few kemono characters doesn't make the whole game furry you faggot.

How do you think the game would be remembered today if it had nothing to do with Chrono Trigger? Most of the criticism towards it is about how badly it shits on Chrono Trigger's legacy(which is something I won't deny that it does.) Would it be remembered more fondly if it was it's own thing? Personally, I thought it was about on par with Square's other games from that period.
Glen is best party memeber.

People would realize it's more of a Tropical SaGa game.

Even if you ignore the ties to CT the plot goes to shit during the latter half of the game. The gameplay remains decent throughout though.

It's a shame that none of the interesting mechanics like traps, fields or summons are ever actually used though.

But it's Holla Forums approved kosher furry eastern girls taste!

That party, though.

If they are sexualized and presented as if you should be attracted to them, then yes that is inexcusable. I certainly don't recall that being the case.

Go away /fur/ and or /d/.

HOH

fug, I forgot about the summons because I used them so rarely.

I think I used them to see their animations and never again because they were such a pain in the ass to pull off.

Orlha best girl

reminder it can always go worse

Who cares as long as Nintendo threads are safe from shitposting, right?

Anyone remember Chrono Crusade?

The writing is shit.

I remember the crushing disappointment of this game.

Since this is more or less the only thread that will ever be appropriate for it, am I the only one who sees the clear line of artistic development between these songs?

blink and you'll ask that the whole damn game

you really want to know? because they explain it.

[spoiler]That's a city from the Good Future created by Crono and pals when they defeated lavos. Because they screwed with time, terrible nonsense happened, and this time research facility was sent back to the distant past where it went to war with the alternate universe where the Reptites didn't go extinct, both capitals having arrived in the distant past.

The entire game is just people being pawns for a future war before Lavos shows back up[/spoiler]

It's trash and a disgrace to the original game.

I approve of this thread.

Dead Sea was cool as fuck though.

It's really fun to replay Chrono Trigger
It's a fucking bore to replay Chrono Cross, unless you want to replay it having party members you never used before, which can easily be fucked around on your main file, and also said for any jrpg ever.

Kato was the project manager for Chrono Cross and Xenogears after FFVII was released. This was during the time that Square was hectic, shuffling various projects. Rumor was that Xenogears was the actual CT2 project. Don't be surprised if the music and or visual themes might be similar. One clear distinction is the "Save Point Reveal" where you go to the super-futuristic city (Solaris and Chronopolis) and find out that they create the save points so they can track people's memories an information.

S N O U T

Chrono Cross is garbage. Dead Sea is really cool though. There needs to be more "trapped in time" dungeons. But Chrono Cross is still garbage.

This.
Great soundtrack, and that is all.

Writing indeed sucked. Game's worth playing for the soundtrack alone, but Chrono Cross also had an unusually large amount of player choice for a JRPG. You could choose a number of your companions, the way you bust into the castle, and a couple more things. If Chrono Cross were better written, it would've easily gone down as a classic. As it stands though, it's still fun enough to play.

Kill yourself Benjamin.

/monster/cucks ruin another thread yet again :^)

Kill yourself Jolteon.

who?

While /monster/ is a pozzed board, kemono and monster girls are two different things. The pair of "monster girls" are kemono, and Felix is kemonomimi, as in just ears and a tail. Kemonomimi is the best of the three, even though that fucking trap is one.
Sage for off-topic.

Is this Holla Forums trying to meme again?

A game that probably would have been better albeit sell less if they weren't trying to ride Chrono Trigger's dick. It's still a good game, but why make it a Chrono Trigger sequel when time travel wasn't in it?

SHITTY SHIT SHIT

oh boy
user you will have to finish the game at least 3 times to start to understand the cluster fuck that was that plot

.t furfag

Not really.
I beat it for the first time last month and I just had to read spoilers for less than 30 minutest o figure out the holes I was missing. They dump most of the relevant information on you at the end of the game.

thats the good of the internet
just when i played the game for the second time i started to put the pieces together, after that every time i finished the game i would understand it a bit more. but never the whole thing completly

t. weeb furfag

Without the Chrono name, I think Cross would be considered an oddity of the system's library, and nothing more, kind of like Enchanted Arms on the PS3. Cross' combat was poorly thought out, there's a huge roster full of characters whose development begins and ends with "You found me, so I'm going to join you now!", and the game waits until just before the last boss to explain anything that had gone on in the last 30+ hours of game. It would be remembered as a strange, mediocre title with one of the best soundtracks ever made.

What the fuck happened to this thread?

Almost all characters were pointless and without any depth or anything to do with the plot at all.
And even those that followed the plot, still were so badly designed (ex: Niki) that playing as them felt more like a forced shore instead of a compeling tale.
And the gameplay sucked. Magic system was so bad that you ended up with tons of magic that you did not use beacuse the attacks were strong enough and needed to access the strongest magic, and by the time that you did that, the monster was dead.
And it had one of the worst summoning systems in games.

I recall the anime.

Really activates my fucking almonds

I think the biggest shame is how you can recruit the alternate world version of your girlfriend but there's no special content for having her, not even when you discover what happened to her mising dad. The closest you have is when you take her to see your GF and your GF remarks on her clone standing there and she says "I know rite? You should ask him about this after it's all over" and that's it. There's just nothing, really. Not to mention that Serge canonically marries Kid instead of his gf for no fucking reason.

CC was marred by a lot of bad writing, but it had some cool design other than that. Wish they didn't have everyone fighting with fucking weirdo weapons though.

I never watched enough of it to recall how it connected to Chrono Trigger other than the demon and time egg. Then again I don't think the anime made it that far.

Still I'd like to see a Chrono game take place in 1999 seven days before Lavos erupts where you can time travel freely in that that down to precise minute in real time. The tech would be insane so you're probably stuck in Chronopolis for the whole game.

I think a lot of people just wanted another game that worked exactly like Trigger. Cross was a substantial departure from it in terms of mechanics, which doesn't always go over well. The only really bad things about the game are the overload of characters and being unable to recharge Elements except for some special skills.

Monster fags do call those two furries though and denounced them. Not that a buttblasted furfag appologist would know.

But you're only a furry for a short time, it doesn't count

We use double asterisks here, not BBcode. Lurk moar.

With time travel and alternative timelines, they could have easily made a much better sequel than Cross, in the same time line, same characters, same places. I still remember seeing Chrono Cross and shitting myself there was a sequel to one of my favorite jRPG at the time. And then I played it and wondered what the fuck was going on. Only to beat it and find all it really had was a few subtle nods back to CT.

Give it a fucking break you idiots.

Give them an inch and they'll take the whole board, before you know it. Their faggotry must stay contained.

If you're worried about that you've already failed.

This guy gets it

The point at which the plot goes completely bonkers

who cares about plot when you have digits like these?

play crimson echos

Found the furfag.

Yes. The anime was pretty good, and the manga was really good. Rosette is still on of my favorite characters in any form of media for a variety of reasons.
That has jack fuck all to to with Chrono Trigger though. BUT it was still somehow a better sequel to Chrono Trigger than Chrono Cross was. Despite being made by an unrelated guy, having an completely unrelated story and world, and unrelated characters, and not even being a video game. On the same point Xenogears was a better sequel than Cross. I would even argue that Bayou BIlly is a better sequel than Cross despite being a bad game and coming out before Trigger.
Chrono Cross was not complete trash. It had some good parts to it and would have been a good stand alone game at the time, like Dew Prism and Brave Fencer Mushashi. But as a sequel to Chrono Trigger it was a dumpster fire.