Scott Pilgrim Thread

So, hows PS3 emulation coming around? Will we ever be able to play games that can no longer legally exist or be resold? Pic Related.

Is there anyway for dudes to get their hands on either the PS3 or Xbox data and somehow "convert" it for PC playability???

Other urls found in this thread:

rpcs3.net/compatibility?c=s
marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/SCOTT-PILGRIM-THE-GAME/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why? It was a good tie-in game for the movie but the franchise was just video game references and metrosexuals winging about their relationships, it describes how the nu-generation is.

it was better than good. It was the best Beat em Up we've had in 20 years to be honest. I've had the pleasure of replaying it recently, but I'd love to have it on my PC or something

I thought Charlie Murder was pretty good.

Its trash. Even God of War was better than it and Double Dragon Neon is more of a game than Scott Pilgrim ever was.

Also the reason the game got taken down from stores was because Anamanaguchi, the faggots who did the soundtrack, said they wanted nothing to do with video games due to GamerGate. Ruse got taken down around the same time over US military licensing or some shit.

Never played any other beat em ups than it but the movement was stiff and was a little too precise in what plane you had to be on to hit someone.

nice wrong opinion faggot

Scott Pilgrim is the numale power fantasy. Its the kinda loser's who looks at people down the street expecting them to suddenly attack them and then imagining how they DEXfag them and win the day.

like pottery

B-But they did the soundtrack for Bit.Trip Runner! That hasn't been removed from stores!

quick how many of you niggers actually played this

Hello Holla Forums

Do you have a source for that? What a bunch of faggots.

Scott Pilgrim is tailor made for the Ready Player One audience, redditors who enjoy vapid pop cultural references more than actual substance.

It emulates just fine in RPCS3 though the game isn't worth playing.

I beat it once solo, and once or twice with a friend.

It's a guilty pleasure and I read it when I was still in compulsory school.

All I remember is the initial thread for the news back in 2014. Maybe the license for the movie was extremely short.

you mad you cant sell your CRT's anymore?

Does it have the DLC?

why waste your time emulating soy pilgrim?

Yes, it came out 3 years after it was released due to a cult following adding Wallace, Knives, and online.

you can install it and it should work.

sweet. last I saw on RPCS3's youtube, they were barely makin any progress on the emulator. maybe its cause they focus so much on the GOW games for some reason.

Holla Forums thread? Holla Forums thread.

someone post the Holla Forums BO pig noise webm.

Degenerate, willingly watching a man in lipstick suck cock. I bet you masturbate to Traps irl, faggot.

what other games are there where you play as Holla Forums?

I remember watching Scott when it first came out and cringing the entire movie. Garbage writing with unlikable characters and all the humor being "LOL im such a nerd"

Didn't the game also pander to tons of gay shit too?

Reminder that the developers made an ok game and are now re-releasing it with a strong independent nigger as a character. Utter trash

I gave it a whirl back when it was still on PSN. I thought it was pretty fun, the rpg mechanics and secrets were neat, but the nonstop "LOL RETRO STUFF AMARITE" shit got old fast and the """dlc""" they put out left a really bad taste in my mouth.
Anamanaguchi are a bunch of faggots but the soundtrack was alright.

It was awful game since its inception, you fucking retard

this. I actually wanted to like it, but holy shit, how can you take so much inspiration from Metal Slug and NOT make it play ANYTHING like Metal Slug.

Thats another genre that needs a comeback. Cuphead was pretty good, but the gameplay never ever came close to Metal Slug's

I played the demo.

It was pretty fun

The comic/graphic novel is bad in terms of same faces but has an okay twist but that's all there is. packed with a lot of videogame references that really makes me think.
The game is almost good, early on it's a complete pain because you can't roll, punch people when sweeped off their feet, heavily stat-based similar to river city ransom, rage/special attacks aren't that good, you have to unlock most of the necessary moves by leveling up when progressing the game.
By the time all those flaws are gone, you're on the last level about to kick gideon off his high horse. With PS3 Emulation and easier access to custom firmware on PS3s, I can see more people playing this meme game.

the thing about scott pilgrim that still makes me uncomfortable to see it, is it was written by a guy in his thirties reliving his twenties, projecting his awkward nerd fantasies about rescuing a girl from other boys. It's grotesque.

and ramona is based on his wife who divorced him

Buddy, I think you are on the wrong website

I tried to watch the movie and I cringed so hard I don't think I even reached the half way point. I can't believe that people enjoyed this garbage.

Let's not do this.

creep Cuckold.
Cuckold is what user was trying to say.

The leather clubs two blocks down jabroni.

This. I'm sure there's a fair degree of autism to what the dude was going for, but at the end of the day shit on the product for the product. If it was actually written by some nerdy teen boy (or any other person) it would still be the same comic and of the same quality/lack thereof.

I hate nerds but I hate leather head jabroni's more than anything

it's good to point out degenerate behavior among disgusting neckbeards and shame them into hiding/suicide. This is the author. I'm no fan of shitskin fantasies.

He is ugly as FUCK, but is he really a kike?

with a last name like o'malley he must be white, kike I don't know.

Worse, he is CANADIAN

You can just try to get a CFW PS3 and play it. I guess they can be hard to find, though.

It was the first of it's generation. Just because it spawned a generation of faggots doesn't mean the work itself is bad. Shrek is a good movie, but it spawned a generation of shit movies filled with modern reference and shitty 3D models, and it killed 2D animation.
Source =/= What follows up.

The point is, for a tie-in movie, the game is pretty good. By itself it stands perfectly. I think user is a faggot by saying it's the best beat em' up in 20 years, but it's pretty high on the list My problem is how inbalanced the whole thing is once you discover the secret shop, and even without it, grinding power-ups makes the whole game meaningless.

Shame, I love the whole soundtrack.

Except Scott Pilgrim was what followed up, go re-read the books or re-watch the movie and you'll see what everyone in the thread is bitching about because it seems you need a refresher. It was the original or hallmark quirky hip youth culture a decade put into the media before it became mainstream. I love it but it's objectively bad.

played it with my brother and it was fun

I put a good60 hours into it between solo play and local multiplayer, then my PS3 died. By the time I got a new PS3, it was already taken down so I couldn't redownload it.

Hol up, you sayin we wuz mercenarie kangz n shiet?

It was such a fucking let down. The moment I realized that there was only one good build path for your gun I put it down and couldn't bring myself to play it again. I also feel they didn't take gameplay concept of Metal Slug meets Monster Hunter far enough. Too many "Kill x amount of y enemy" and "Gather x amount of y material" quests when it should have been focused more around boss quests and farming the materials from them.

I don't see that as the fucked up part. The fucked up part is that "cheating is bad" is the fucking root and core of the series, then the author's wife cheats on him and divorces him.

He's half-gook and half-irish, it's why Knives is a gook.

Everything and anything about the game is terrible BUT the game itself, I don't know how they manage to assemble such a motley of assholes and socjus leaning types, make something worth buying and then remove it from the stores because muh hate speech.
That's true but it's really in line with River City Ransom, which is what this is all a big shoutout to. What I was more annoyed about was the very small level selection pool, the secret shop literally at the end of the first level (so you can farm coins and shit immediately) and the AI sometimes not even aggroing you and just standing still. But barring these limitations, 10/10 IGN, absolutely spot on graphics and soundtrack.

Democracy (the actual vidya), Geopolitical Simulator, Undertale, Watch_Doges and Indivisible

But Mercenary Kings is just a DOS game with slightly better graphics. It's not even a Metal Slug clone.

Is Knives based on yero fever, the girl he could've gotten but chickened out on her because she wasn't going to give head or just an anime reference? Because she and Kim are the only two relevant characters in the series and his gay roommate's live action actor was also pretty good at his role. That's about all the positives there are to the series.

It works, nice to have the game preserved I guess, got it working multiplayer with parsec which is 100 times better then the actual online that the game had so that was cool.
Couldn't find the Wallace or Knifes DLC online so that was a bummer.

Every time.

Wallace DLC is worthless, Knives' is better but if anyone knows how to dump it, I'd sure would like to just to get it online.

Haven't checked if you can get it from sony's server, but here's a video on how to get the dlc yourself and other games.

Why is Negascott so trash and getting Kevin Chau is so damn random

Played it and had fun with it.

Isn't Scott Pilgrim that badly drawn comic about the soyboy having chuunibyou fights against the former boyfriends of his used goods whore of a girlfriend? Is that what reddit has warped the adolescent fantasy into?

This game is the poster child of easy to run games so I guess it should work fine on low power computer (I get over 120fps uncapped ingame with a 4790k, while the game is 60fps capped originally), just had to disable the vertex cache thing in the config file to get it to render properly last time I tried.
You're better off emulating AB Climax if you wanna emulate PS3 games that aren't sold anymore though.

Is Scott available in the Xbox Live store, or do I have to Yarr harr it too?

Yep! Fun game though, anamanaguchi are a bunch of soyboy wanna-be jap larpers too, still, their music is good

The composer basically demanded they take it down because of different political views.

Is this bait

I find the art style good for lewding,at the very least.

I did, and I had fun. Anamanaguchi are a bunch of slack-jawed hipster fags, but I do have to admit I liked the OST a lot.

Thank you for posting that,it is very comforting.

here's one I saw on games done cuck,you play as either che guevara or castro

Oh I remember this one, its just reskinned Ikari Warriors.

I swear this was on the PSN store and it must've gotten taken down.

Very nice webm. The fact that it's probably the only good Canadian inspired game makes me sad though. The only game where you get to go full Day of the Rake and it stars a tumblrite.

Do you get to kill niggers and faggots like Che did?

I actually bought it around a week before it got taken down. Good soundtrack, fun game, has a lot of cool shit for co-op play, like stealing teammates' lives, co-op attacks, etc. It gets cheap as shit towards the end if you're playing it solo or if you didn't grind for two hours before starting the last level.

I love Metal Slugs and Contras. Didn't play Mercenary Kings, why is it shit?

Whatever their public reasons, Anamanaguchi's lead's gf was one of St Anita's faithful
And she was friends with O'Malley's gf
So when Scott kicked her out after being sick and tired of her cheating on him, she complained around to see how she could hurt him
It ended up with the band whining at Ubisoft and Ubi capitulating at the risk of being called sexist otherwise. The license on the music was not up and for that matter, how dumb would Ubi have been to license it for a timeframe instead of per title? That's just limiting your long term sales

*Brian. I meant Brian's gf. Where's my head at?

It aint nothing like Metal Slugs, you know when you play it. It's really fucking slow too.

An interesting question. Someone did just that with The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile some years back, but I have no idea how it was done or if Scott Pilgrim uses the same framework.

Endless grinding to collect supplies to make new gun components. Heavy guns slow you to a crawl. Boss fights are fun but not much variety to them. Lots of recycled characters. It's not very Metal Sluggy at all.

TBH I think Edgar Wright added a fair bit to the movie.

Libtards never make sense.

my only real friend in high school and I played this game with so many times on multiple difficulties.

that was many years ago. his degenerate redneck family kicked him out, and he's been homeless off and on for many years. he's long been in another state, depressed, suicidal, and schizophrenic as fuck and I rarely get to hear from him. hearing this OST reminds me of all those moments when shit was simple, when I could just sit back and enjoy moments with him.

only one male characterAND HES A WHITE MALE /sarcasm

Read the first volume and dropped it since the protagonist was cheating on his girlfriend with Ramona, right?
Couldn't stand the protag after seeing that.

The whole point of the books was that both Scott and Ramona were insufferable pieces of shit, and that they needed to stop being insufferable pieces of shit if they wanted their relationship to work out.

why is this shitty lefty thread still up?

Jesus alive, you're really butthurt over being banned once by a fat jew, eh?

Well, there's only two characters. And it's a multiplayer game, so if everyone plays the dude, it is indeed mercenary kings

Shootan is a bad joke, load out system in a metal slug clone, short levels if I remember it right.

If you spent literally one minute to google search whether or not the emulator was compatible you would know it's already playable you faggot.
rpcs3.net/compatibility?c=s
If you spent an additional minute you'd be able to see that plenty of copies are floating around online for you to use.

I did. Still own it on my 360. Whatever the reason for it to get taken down, we have the game's ISO so we can bring it back. So hurry the fuck up with that PS3 emulator already.

It's a fun meme!

Reminder that the guy who drew this is a brony and Homestuck fan.

Secondary reminder that if you creepshame, you're an SJW.

100%'d it except for the Wallace DLC that is basically devoid of content so

I agree with you, but using tumblrspeak is always a faggot thing to do.

It's a halfchan meme, and the new cuck, which will be overused until it loses its punch.
Just like cuckold.

because its fun

I'll sell you my xbox 360 with scott pilgrim for 6000000 shekles.

That's fine with me, we'll just move onto the next one, so on and so forth.

One good build path? You mean the sniper machine gun that punches through walls?

This available on Xbox live?

The movement starts stiff. After leveling agility the end game on harder difficulties the only viable attacks are dashing and jump but keep weapons. Even with all stats maxed, beating the game on hardest is a challenge.

Why don't you just read the OP?

Saw this and assumed I could salvage it
marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/SCOTT-PILGRIM-THE-GAME/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a2c

The files are probably still on the server but encrypted. You could use this one tool that allows you to fetch Marketplace files and then use the Halo Reah unencrypt tools to output them into a playable format. You are gonna need an RGH 360 for that however.

And by need an RGH, I meant to play the game afterwards.

yes but the game as a beat em up is fun and the sprite work & animation of Paul Robertson is still a high aesthetic standard. Its one of the few cases where I honestly don't care about the meta politics.

It was nowhere near Final Fight 2/3 levels of good but I liked it a lot and it disappointed me when I found out I missed the second DLC.

I came in here expecting sprite gifs of the girls.

Get on my level nerd.

And Scott Pilgrim is a self-absorbed manchild and Ramona is a whore, and they both spend their days denying responsibility for their actions, thats the point of the entire comic series.
Its almost as if this fag didnt actually read the comic and is just parroting what he heard on the chins.

No, that goes to Phantom breaker: Battle Grounds.

His games from before he became a consoleboi and erased everything he'd done beforehand from the internet were better.

No thanks. Hope this game stays dead.

Scat Pilgrim

WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE SUFFER THE SAME-FACE SYNDROME?: THE GAME

Because the artist behind Scott Pilgrim is a talentless hipster faggot.

i've read the manga

it's pretty obscure

The cartoon equivalent of the soymouth

People read it I'm sure, but no one ever seems to get it. The whole point of the series is that they're shitty people and that's why their relationship is dysfunctional and they're always hurting each other. It's not until the final book when they confront their issues does the relationship have a chance to work. It's not even clear cut that it'll work out as the series ends on them just giving the relationship another chance. For all we know a week later Ramona gets tired of Scott and disappears for good.
The author himself described it as a romance series and all the vidya references and evil exes was just him getting a bunch of nerdy shit out of his head. The vidya references are just because the author is a big nerd and the shonen style league of evil exes was just more of the author being a big nerd. It's nothing to do with hipster bullshit(The books seem to make fun of hipster culture. Don't understand where people get the idea that it's supporting the culture) or numale soyboy power fantasies.

It's called CalArts Face

Bought the complete edition for 15 bucks or something, and had a good time with it. Still have it on my PS3. Never beat it, though.

And the American version of MOE.

They're the diet coke of vidya/anime references to be honest, barring some slightly harder to find NES games. But people around here don't ever bear in mind that this was pre-2007, when the hipster cliques were still not yet fully developed into the modern socjus, plus seeing vidya being referenced elsewhere was a major selling point over a stylistic choice.
I think O'Malley just doesn't know how to draw, period. Remember how he got bullied by Rockcock64 into shutting down his dA account? Happy memories.
This is actually true, but the problem with this part of the books is that the writer later became a hipster himself, seeing hipster shit resonated a lot with hipsters themselves and the movie and game went out of their ways to be as hipster as possible (it stars the fucking bumbling clusterfuck of Michael Cera, whose only good role in film was being the bumbling clusterfuck in Juno, which is relevant to the plot, while Scott's character is supposed to be a self absorbed prick who retells the events of the story with his own spin - yet another thing that people keep forgetting about the story and the reason why people explode into money and there's such things as vegan police).