3DS Homebrew

The guide to modding a 3DS: 3ds.guide/

FreeShop (discontinued): freeshop.pw/

FreeShop fork: notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/

Titlekeys: 3ds.titlekeys.gq/

Homebrew Launcher: smealum.github.io/3ds/

Pastebin: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U

Note: "Boot9Strapper and SigHax are optional. There is no benefit to using this form of hack until devs create custom firmware, which may take months."

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.org/r/f8vk0tec
notabug.org/evi/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc
twitter.com/TheWack0lian/status/875681206733504512
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
gbatemp.net/threads/seedminer-single-system-dsiware-injection.495685/
gbatemp.net/threads/seedminer-fc-and-mining-help.496114/
3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection-list)
gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/
3dbrew.org/wiki/FIRM#AGB_FIRM
github.com/BASLQC/vnds/wiki
scarletstudy.gq/
unban3ds.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you have an issue with Freeshop crashing the system, uninstall it from the 3DS data management settings, then delete the Freeshop directory from the memory card. Reinstall the CIA, re-enter the titlekey URL, and you're back in business.

Anything good coming out in the next few months? All I can think of are the Marie'd up Atlus remakes. Reminder that Alex in the Strange Journey Remake is your daughter from the future, raised by Louisa Ferre, who is sent back in time to kill you. After you kill her, you fuck off to the moon and let the Schwarzvelt swallow the earth.

At this point I'm only interested in the next EO plus PQ2.

Anyway to change the language of a Japanese 3DS? I bought one from Japan because it was on sale when I was travelling and now I'm having trouble navigating the system because I can't into kanji.

Fuck, I thought that ban wave missed me.

literally how

If there's one game that doesn't need, and in fact can't handle being expanded, it's Radiant Historia. Everything is tied up so well and cleanly, but nope, white mage airship interdimensional backstory dump quests.

I don't think there is. You can download the google translate app on your phone and it will translate pictures you take. That's how I dealt with unexpected shit on my Japanese 3DS. Although to be honest I'm glad I got rid of it and replaced it with an English 3DS.

Protip: Learn Japanese FIRST, THEN get Japanese shit.

Exactly, the original ended on a perfect note. At least with SJR there are those typical SMT ending paths and it doesn't really fuck with the original LNC ones.

Goddamn, I want to be lazy but the world won't let me

Why would you even care? The whole purposes of this is to show Nintendo the middle finger. Do you want them to welcome you with open arms after that? Hell no, fuck them. I'm buying flash carts for Nintendo systems out of sheer spite at this point, and lending them to people so they will buy their own.

Get a flashcard.

the fucking sd loader can't be finished soon enough

Anyone knows when TWLoader will be able to play Pokémon HG/SS without lags ?

The TopToyDS is pretty bare-ass, but does the job, if you can find one. It chokes on some of the later DS games, but my DS has been serving as an alarm clock for over ten years now.

They're like $20 give or take. In the meantime TWLoader works with a few games. I mostly use it for NDS_TGM though.

While it's too late now, there are precautionary notes on 3ds.guide for turning certain options off.

Why are there so few new games coming out on 3DS? It's still selling reasonably well. Development costs can't be that high and games can probably be made with comparatively small teams. What's the deal?

Moving to switch. Switchver2 will likely have 3ds virtual console, hence all the ports of DS games.

The next iteration of this thread should be "switch homebrew".

The 3DS is dead. Long live the 3DS!

STOP KILLING VIDYA FUCKING PIRATES

REEEEEEEE

t. Mark

Alright, I need help. I haven't updated my LUMA since 6.6. I'm trying to update to LUMA 9.0 but I'm getting "Download Failed" error. What do?

My system is 11.6.0-39J.

Is there a way to play GBA not VC games properly yet?

I got an R4i dual core card and a few emus made for it do the trick for GBC games, but the GBA emu is complete fucking ass.

t. gba

Alright, I'm getting an error stating I could not get A9LH payload. I have NOT touch my 3ds in a LONG time. NEED HELP

You know the drill fags
Try to recommend obscure or underrated but gold stuff if you can, a lot of AAA titles are already covered by other charts and websites, let's try to make this chart actually full of good, new stuff
How's Gurumin 3D? Its by Falcom so I automatically assume its pretty damn good

Ignore the bye-bye boxboy, that's meant to be devil survivor overclocked, mistake
Also: Thoughts on Lords of Magna: Maiden Heaven, Solatarobo: Red the Hunter, and Legend of Legacy?

I don't see the point of downloading games directly to the 3DS when the wireless is going to be slow as shit compared to wired internet. Why not use Wii U USB Helper on PC to get games? It does 3DS too.

I don't hence why I'm asking.

Yes, the adventures of drill loli is good, but its been ported quite a few times.

Convenience mostly. I'd kill for a similar set up for any other console.

New 3DS is arranged so that you have to unscrew the backplate every time you want to take out the SD. I'd rather just download it from freeshop unless I'm getting undub

If I remember correctly, it's because Luma dropped A9LH and really quickly went with Boot9Strapper. Don't switch over, it's definitely not worth it until CFW is finally realized.

Look up GBA VC injector.

Yes goy, organize those ultra rare 3DS games for me.

God bless, user.

The 3DS port runs worse than the PSP port, which is saying something. Play the PC version.

What happened to FreeShop while I was away? Why was it discontinued?

creator got v& for cheese pizza I think
a new fork has been made that works just fine so switch to that one and you'll be golden

get ready for your saves to be deleted and having to try 200 settings for each

So long the games run at all I'll manage.

Even for the N3DS?

I wasn't able to get pokemon to work last time, everything else I've tried works

And that the console won't go into sleep mode, so it will just turn the screen off but keep running if you close it. Which is how I lost a bunch of random encounters in FF5

One of the ports had to end up being the worst one.

I already got Yellow, Trading Card and Gold, all I need for pokemon.
Unless I can get Crystal rather than G/S instead

I think that one is slated to be officially released.

It's already been released actually.

Flashcards are probably the best, but I like TWLoader for not having to use two MicroSD cards. The one I had in my flashcard is going to now be used for Switchhax. Can't wait.

Are there any games that benefit from the 3D vision.

No it is a needless gimmick that is bad for your eyes.

By design, it is never a necessity. Occasionally you'll see a game that's clearly using it, but developers have shied away from making it an intrinsic part of gameplay, in part because of the warning for children that emerged in the early days, and in part because of the 2ds

If you're a genetic inferior, perhaps. The 3D effect is pretty comfortable, but it's a pain in the ass when the system can't determine where your face is, and skews the effect a bit.

not worth waiting for

meitantei pikachu has potential, but who knows

The dude is a walking meme, I wish there was more content about him, he's like a vidya alex jones in terms of memeability

Anyways Chart updated from last thread fags, keep recommending whatever vidya ya got, argue what should or shouldn't be on here (I'm partial to removing triforce heroes but I'll need some actual arguments for removing it)

I plan on splitting the JRPGs into 2 sections, dungeon crawler and traditional as per an user's older suggestion but that's for later.
For now, what should be the next category on the thing?
Beat-em-ups/Hack n' slashes/Mosous? Fighting games? Simulation? Horror? Or something else entirely?

Alright, I've always wondered. Could you use official Nintendo services with Homebrew roms? Like Online play with MHX and Pokemon. Or use the Pokebank with homebrew games?

Until you get your system blocked. But why even bother?

I should've checked this place first.

I hacked mine in 30 minutes, what the fuck were you doing, user?

Also, does anyone want a a flashcart, second question, does anyone have an updated Pokémon Prism .CIA?

I've got v 0.94, I'll upload it to the Holla Forumsola
A flashcart would be nice but I don't feel like giving out any addresses and I don't feel like setting up PO boxes or whatever, so rip, not a big deal anyways
be careful about who you give those things away to user, there's a lot of fuckbags here willing to take advantage of people's generosity
t. one of the guys who gave shit away and bought shit for others in the christmas gifting thread, all the fucking begging IDs with over (20) posts man…

Well, it would be pretty easy to see the exact same address begging for it. I'm ordering them from nds-card, so it's not that biggie. I'll order just 5 cards for now and later I'll do a raffle thing for people who want B9S and teach them how to revert the card to a regular one.

You only need a small one for DS games though. They're also useful for ntrhax.

I only liked it in ALBW.

the retards maybe, but there's some slimy mofo's out there, still though its very good of you and you deserved to be praised for this sort of thing, good on ya user
volafile.org/r/f8vk0tec
Here you go

Being careful

Mario 3d land is the only game that truly uses it
It can help with depth perception in 3d platformers and adventure games like the n64 remakes

B9S is safe though, I don't understand. I do understand if you DON'T have a B9s flashcart though. That's the method I used, fuck A9LH.

Thanks man! I doubt people would have addresses on different states just for something that is worth $10-13 dollars maximum, but you may be right. It's always good to be careful.

You don't have to be careful, you just have to follow directions.

bump

I had no idea what I was doing.
The flashcart now sits with a 4 gb MicroSD with ntrhax on backup. 64 GB will be used for my Switch when that time comes, I'd think between system storage and that, I'd be good.

boot9strap WAS the custom firmware
Arm9loaderhax = patched ARM9Loader
boot9strap = patched boot9

boot9 superseded the arm9loader since boot9 is responsible for initializing the arm9loader. The arm9loader is responsible for initializing the arm9 modules, including kernel9. That means lower-level access and the ability to safely patch arm9loader in memory.

The only practical advantage found thus far is the new Luma version that allows for native NTR code and plain-text action replay code support but likely because nobody wants to backport Luma 9 to A9LH

boot9strap is better, but not for obvious reasons that the average joe is ever going to care about

agreed

Fuck I missed it, mind re-upping?

Luma9 backport when ?

It only takes like 2 minutes at most to switch from A9LH to B9S user

Not sure about "benefit" per se, it depends on whether it works for you. It gets a bad rap but honestly I always thought it looked alright. It doesn't "make the system" as it were, but I leave it on pretty much all the time.

I've been offline since before the banwave. What do I need to do to avoid being banned?

It's like asking if there are any games that benefit from HD, or from stereo sound. No, there are not many games that make direct use of it that would be unplayable without it. Yes, having depth perception is nice.

Turn off sending of information

I can't speak for the N3DS, but on the O3DS, moving your head out of the sweet spot of the 3d meant seeing double, meaning you couldn't move your head or 3DS easily. Try playing those AR gimmick games on maxed 3d and you'll see what I mean

Just the data sharing over spotpass or is there another setting I missed?

Can I buy any 2DS console and install a custom firmware on it? I'm afraid I will get an updated one that can't be homebrewed.
Where do I get 2DS games?

All of these games are good right?

Did you try, oh, I don't know, looking at the fucking guide?

I dont know why PQ is there since its easymode Etrian with a persoana skin
but yea aside from that all those games are good

Steamworld dig isnt that good and steamworld heist is not a platformer, its a turn-based stratagey game, like worms almost

And it's shit, too.
Also game is about defeating those ebul diesel fueled nadzeeh robots. (((Coincidentaly))), it's literally funded by the (((European Union))).

I'm totally retarded and would love help. I have a New 3ds (non XL) and a XL both on pic related firmware and a old 3dsXL on 11.1.0-34U. Non of them are hacked and I'd like to have the new 3ds (non xl) and maybe the old XL to be on cfw. I am having issues understanding the guide and I don't have any of the recommended dsi ware games what do I need to do?

If you can't read the fucking guide, what makes you think what any user here writes is something you will be able to understand?

Gameplay was pretty good, i think that matters more

That would explain why you have three 3DSs.

I'm just seeing conflicting info on what games you need if any and no clarification on if 11.6.0 hacks work on 11.6.0-39U or what the -39 part even means.

Doesn't matter

Give me your e-mail, let's talk more there. I'll send you a B9S flashcart, free of charge. I'm confident you're gonna fuck this up.

I don't know if he understood that, user. Contractions are hard!

Respond already.

Same user different computer. Figured it out already have a r4i GOLD Plus on the way. I had some trouble with the written guide but once I saw it done on video I understood. I’ve done the Xbox, wii (pre bannerbomb), psp, and some ps2 hardmods so I am confident I won’t fuck up.

What the other user said. Downgrade Luna to the last version that supported a9lh

Just being able to screenshot is reason enough.

Yeah that was stupid. DS games top out at 512MB and there's very few of those. 4GB is probably enough unless you're playing quite a few DS games. I think mine's 8GB.

I’m pretty sure he would need to downgrade Luma anyways before he can switch to b9s

It's implicit if he follows the guide.

Also fuck me, soooo close.

Fuck me user

Kid icarus uprising makes huge use out of it to the point of trolling players who turn it off. A few times in the early levels you have one tiny grunt right in front of you and another huge one 300 meters away.

Obviously pretty much every shooter gets a lot out of the 3d. Now if only the screen resolution was higher.

k

Any advice on how to fix this? I'm out of ideas.

I'm looking to buy my little cousins an emulation station so they can develop some real taste. They'll be forced to because I'll probably be the only way they can get new games.
What would be the cheapest option? I've thought about getting two 3DS' for them, but that might be outside what I can afford.

Ignore this, wrong thread.

If you could snag an OLED 3.60 Vita for under 140 I'd recommend that, personally, way more powerful and versatile than the 3DS
However the risk of him downloading titty games is much higher. If you want a cheap emulation system, the 2DS is okay I guess but not great, no idea about the weirder shit out there

That's an old release, the latest can be found here:

I tried to update to the new fork (scanned QR code on the gbatemp site) and it still shows up as 3.1.8. What's the latest one?

That is the latest one.

It could be use for better save management with pksm as all saves are stored on the 3ds sd card

Just use gambatte in retroarch man it has rtc and all that jazz

Do a fresh re-install

also make sure you have 4.1.1 3.1.8 is outdated as people have said someone hasn't updated the gbatemp qr code

Is there any way to do that without having to open up the N3DS yet again? I swore I was done with that already lol. The QR codes and Freeshop have served me well till now.

Oh I didn't realize there was a new version, since mine didn't auto update.

System settings > data management > microsd management

I made a qr code for you that will expire in 24 hours as the upload service is temporary

microsd card management is shit it's literally just smb and would always cut the connection as soon as I tried to connect use or setup ftpd

That's not working on my new PC for some reason. Doesn't matter, I'm in no hurry to have the new one, I'll get around to it sometime.

forgot qr code lol

That's unfortunate, it's works fine for me and it's really useful for transferring screenshots and small files.

I figure it would be better as smb isn't fuse like ftp is and would but I guess because of this twitter.com/TheWack0lian/status/875681206733504512 it's cutting it even on linux

Dunno what any of that means. I just click the network connection that pops up in Windows and it lets you access the whole SD card.

In that code sample they are explicitly blocking macOS clients from connecting when it's literally just SMB which everything supports and later on they mention it also affects Linux clients. So Nintendo explictly made it only work on windows.

Awesome thanks user!

I see, so you got affected while they were just trying to btfo the macfags.

Y-yeah so I just use ftpd and filezilla

In FBI there's an option for titledb.com, go to that and install freeshop from there.

uh, silly question, but can i trust this?

I'm completely out of the loop - Can anyone help me out without getting dramatic like the Reddit/GBAtemp faggots do?

I've just crawled out from under a rock and I'm currently running 11.3.0-36U with hourglass9 and x_godmode9 installed on an OLD 3ds. What's the correct path to getting up to date and will following that path restore online capabilities? I wanna start back playing Pokemon and I think I have a Pokebank account I'm not sure anymore though.

I posted it and the link it led to probably expired but it's just freeshop. You can trust me I post cute anime pictures

Since you have hourglass9, you should be on A9LH (check though) which means you just need to follow this guide to get up to date:
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Does anyone have the complete DLC for Fire Emblem if special edition (JP)? All my searches have led to dead ends and the strange versioning seems to break installing via titlekeys.

What do I do if I download a game from Freeshop and it tells me it needs updates? Following the system prompts to update just freezes my system.

You should be able to update it through the freeshop if I remember right
It's somewhere in the menu on the bottom screen
It'll show you a list of your games and mark the ones that have a need for updates or dlc

I hope so because I used it too kek

Thnx m8 I trust ya

So is there a way to put ds games into a 3ds without using a flashcart yet?

Yes, with TWLoader

Of course the performance issues remain the same; DS carts expect a parallel interface but SD cards use a serial interface. So there's an I/O bottleneck. Basically loading assets into memory is slower via the SD Card but after assets from games are loaded it's native speeds

Games that are smaller than the 3DS' RAM like Super Mario 64 DS get completely loaded into RAM at startup so there is 0 performance penalty there and it's full native speed.

Don't forget to grab a Mario Kart DS ROM and set it as the "Donor ROM" in TWLoader menu (press select on the ROM). This is to make sure games don't crash because they see a different save chip through slot-1. Basically it patches the TWL FIRM to redirect requests to Slot-1 for saves to memory where a small part of Mario Kart DS is being held for save compatibility.

Thanks user. So by RAM you mean the FCRAM right? Makes me wonder how big most ds games were. Especially considering how most 3ds games are least a gig or more. That donor rom stuff seems messy, thanks for explaining it to me.

Yes, FCRAM literally just means "Fast Cycle RAM" the specific RAM-type the 3DS uses (which was kind of an experimental competitor to DDR3/4 that never caught on) And its the 3DS' main memory

The Donor ROM shit is easy, literally download a Mario Kart DS ROM, put it in the same folder you put your other ROMs, in the TWLoader menu press "Select" on MKDS and then press "Set as Donor ROM". It might even be enabled by default

Keep in mind compatibility still isn't perfect and it's constantly changing, so look around for compatibility lists to see if your shit runs on the latest version.

I hope at some point someone does this with GBA games via AGB_FIRM so I no longer have to do gay injects and take up precious title slots on my main menu

Why not just shove them in a folder?

Also, what's the compatibility of GBA games like?

Forget emulation it runs like poop with either extreme graphical bugs or causes the whole 3ds to commit an hero.
Doing VC injects so that the 3ds utilizes native GBA capabilities that the ambassador titles used, but you can't take screenshots or stream with ntr so you basically get 100% capability for anything not using special hardware like the e-reader

butchered that second sentence super bad wow
but yeah vc injects work but since it's not in 3ds mode luma and ntr things (like screenshots) won't work.
Also shoving them in a folder is no use the 3ds will only allow 300 icons on the main menu total regardless of folder and start hiding the oldest ones first. They can still be launched but it has to be through fbi or something else.

Is there performance issues with flashcarts as well when it comes to ds games? I have one on the way.

No GBA and NDS don't have any performance issues it's just that the 3ds switches into different modes with limited hardware and cannot utilize the nice cfw features

meant for

How the fuck do you make neogeo games work, also, how bad is PS1 compatibility?

I have an R4i SDHC that often doesn't get recognized by the 3DS anymore. It just shows up as a greyed out square in the 3DS menu and intermittently works. Even though I never used it that much I'm presuming it's just past it already and that a new one would fix it. Anyone else had this problem?

Other thing is I don't even have a normal cart at the moment to test if the problem is the cartridge slot, so that would be nice to know too.

I've had that happen with my Gateway blue cart and R4i 3DS, and I'm not sure why either. Probably wonky connector.

Probably some sort of BIOS requirement, if you can find an emulator for it, never tried.
Don't even bother.

Yeah, in fact, the DS games require the ARM9 processor, which is why DSiWare is one of the hack entrypoints. Having the security coprocessor serve double duty for running games was brain-dead.

At the same time or separately? Other carts work fine?

Blue cart is a DS flash card, which was used for that old 4.5x DS profile exploit. So obviously separately. But yeah I had 2 flash cards do that and on different 3DSes. It's strange.

Ok, was just trying to determine whether the problem is with the cart slot itself. Yeah I think it's just because they're so cheaply made, corners get cut somewhere.

Cool, man I'll keep trying neogeo, but even with the BIOS it fails me.

How is mame emulation?

Just started trying it out and you get mame 2000 and 2003 compatibility but the 3ds under performs still and can sometimes drop frames even in 2000. I tested it with gradius 3 and 1942. gradius 3 ran while stuttering some in 2000 and didn't run quite over 20fps in 2003. 1942 ran fine in both. It largely depends on the game but don't expect much.

You'd be hard pressed to find many ps1 games capable of running on the 3ds as for the neogeo I haven't used it yet. I'd also imagine it's hit or miss. I've had cardcaptor sakura on the wonderswan run like pants on the new3ds.

If you want PS1 games you get a PSP or PSVita. The 3DS can't handle it, where it shines is for playing GBA and DS games.

Yeah. Thankfully it doesn't drop out randomly when actually playing.

Did you use the new 3DS? I did that on my GBA and it helped a bit with the clock boosted, but I really wanted to see if yours did the same on MAME and hopefully when you try, neogeo.

Thank you very much. It wouldn't have killed any of those fuckers on reddit or GBA temp to link me to that. It might be the hangover but fuck, I really appreciate it. Bless you man.

Whatever happened to that website that listed what the safe firmware was/ is it safe to update or what not? I'm double checking and I don't see anything about O3DS safe firmware anymore.

With a flash card that has ntrboot, any firmware is fine. You want one anyway for DS game playing and you can get ones with ntrboot as a toggle.

Radiant Historia remake got leaked, don't know why you'd want it though. I'm gonna try it out.

I don't understand why you would buy a special one with a switch. How often are you going around switching between ntrboot and flashkart? You use ntrboot once and then put the old firmware back on it and use it for games.

The chicken-and-egg problem where you need your 3DS hacked to set up ntrhax on the flash card to hack your 3DS.

They sell the ones that come pre-flashed.

You can do ntrboothax on a unmodded 3ds or even use a old system like a ds or dsi. You just need the right card.

Also op needs to update the copypasta, because most of the information is kinda outdated.

Okay, I'm sober. I've completed all that stuff from the guide.

Let me rephrase my question. Most of the documentation says , that with the current boot9strap stuff and an updated Luma, you can currently only update New 3DS units without worrying about a brick or ban or losing NTR functionality . I've taken a moment to scan through the documents and I don't see any mention of the new protection measures working for Older 3DS units.

Maybe I am dense? But nowhere in the documentation says O3DS regarding the homebrew channel/ hans, NTR , NTR mode 3 working with an O3DS updated to the latest official firmware in this fashion.

As for flashcarts. I've been using the same AceKard i for almost 10 years now.

undub of radiant historia is already up on that site
holy shit they dropped the ball with the portraits
raynie looks horrible

Don't worry, you can always buy the old portrait dlc.

user from here. I got the r4 and used it to get cfw. I just wanted to know where the best place to look
for homebrew is. I don't know what I'm going to do beyond free shop and save editing. Also are there any recommended patches or rom hacks? I can only think of a few and I haven't figured out the busty or nude may mod yet.

following the guide i managed to get homebrew launcher loading with soundhax and everything seemed to be working.
in section 2 of finalizing setup it mentions "move emunand" which i did, but now I black screen every boot. i can still get into gm9 by pressing start and if i delete the luma config file i get prompted to set it up. i tried using the troubleshooting steps in the guide (including the ctr transfer which it said was successful) but i'm still getting black screen.
anyone have any advice?

disregard, i copied the files i backed up over again and it sort of works. lost a bunch of old saves but i was pretty well finished everything i was playing before updating.

Yeah I have a new3dsxl and keep the cpu clock boosted and that was what I reported the performance with. I haven't tried neogeo as I'm unfamiliar with games for it and I can't find any fbalpha romsets for fbalpha2012 as it seems in less demand as most people aren't playing with hardware as underspeced as the 3ds unfortunately

Huh, I thought you needed a modded 3DS to set up the flash card. Never mind then!

That's news to me. I thought all 3DS units were safe and the 3ds.guide FAQ bears me out on this.
Where are you reading that it's N3DS-only?

I just want free shit, dude.

I think you're retarded

I am getting REALLY FUCKING SICK of having to explain this to retards every homebrew thread who asks this question. This is starting to become more retarded than GBAtempt

Luma puts FIRM into read-only mode
FIRM is where A9LH and/or B9S are
Nintendo can NEVER touch FIRM no matter how hard it forces you to update to the latest version because FIRM0 is read-only and will always be read-only. So stop fucking asking

Thank you for your support

Melanin spike detected

Anybody have any good guides on how to dump an eShop downloaded game to .cia or .3ds? I've got fuckall to do this weekend and I want to try to slap together a romhack of MH3U that removes the extra 50 armor and maybe figure out how to randomize charm tables on startup like MH4U does.

Look up Luma filesystem patching. You don't need to re-assemble .cia files after extracting them. Just drag+frop the file with full path to /luma/titles/[titleid]

Or alternatively I think there's an NTR Cheat plugin available so you don't need to hack anything whatsoever.

I mean I was doing this under the assumption that if I succeeded I'd go upload it in the share thread or something for other anons to use.

That fucking filename.

Why upload an entire multi-GB game though when you can just upload a .zip file with the modded files and just tell people to drag+drop like any other game?

Retardation.

Nigger, you can use this to mod any game. Download Smash Bros. mods and it's literally a matter of copy-pasting to a folder. Why do you want to make your life harder for no reason?

I didn't bother looking at the IDs and realize you're a different person pls no bully

Where the fuck are you people installing games where they exist as some kind of decrypted folder in luma/titles?

Hey I'm on this part of the guide to update A9lh to b9s, where you put EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW. I don't see the E: Emunand Virtual. What does this mean? I already transferred my Emunand to Sysnand?

that's a field that would show up in gm9 if you had an emunand, it doesn't sound like you do. most al9h setups didn't use one.

I see, thanks for the help man.

i've been just downloading all my games with funkeypy, which gives you a raw directory that you can compile yourself (using the included make_cdn_cia.exe). it's not much faster than using freeshop for most things but it sounds easier for the proposed mh mod.
i'm not entirely sure about the previous poster, but using the raws seems to work in the newest luma.

Hi /vg/

I'm in this part shown in the screen and I'm getting this error

What happens is I go to the Homebrew Launcher screen (Black background with white text and the text says the homebrew menu robpin is ready then i get this error

An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system.

What did i do wrong?

Thanks

What did i do wrong?
too many things

nah I got, I dl'ed a wrong version. thanks anyway

ok i'm done.

how do i transfer my old save files to this luma9 powered 3ds?

thanks

Melanin inside wife detected.

That doesn't even make any sense

Can anyone reccomend me some dungeon crawlers?

Etrian Odyssey games
Persona Q
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
SMT IV/A (kinda)

Played them all.

Get a Vita.

This tbh.
also fire emblem echoes has dungeon crawling, though I don't know how much of it or how advanced it is
Soul Hackers has dungeon crawling too
Also Crimson Shroud

Anyone here have any experience with an EZFlash IV? I know it's GBA related, but this is probably the best thread I can ask a question. I got everything set up forever ago, added a bunch of roms to the thing. When I found a new game I wanted to add (months later), when I tried to do a transfer, it said there was an I/O error. But the thing still plays and saves games perfectly.

anyone know why isnt the latest update of ultra sun/moon in freeshop yet? my eshop is prompting me for an update a week ago.

Hey guys, I've got a 3DSXL because I wasn't aware that the whole nintendo shop was discontinued (sucks to be south american), can it work with the stuff at op's?

Yeah, it can, thankfully.

What the deal with this guy? I keep seeing him posted with no real context. Also if you shaved his head he would look like a thumb

yeah i have the latest titlekeys. i think i have the ultra sun/moon 1.1 update from freeshop. nintendo eshop is prompting me for a new (1.2) update but freeshop still doesnt have it for some reason. Can anyone confirm? i cant check my ultra sun/moon version because i have a mod installed

I have been able to update from the main menu, am I not supposed to be doing that? When you select to update the game from there it gives you two options, to go into Eshop to do it, or just right then and there. Choosing the latter has worked fine for me.

Btw, having been out of the loop for a while, if I never played the original Sun/Moon can I just go straight to Ultra Sun/Moon without missing out on anything?

you wouldnt miss out on anything, its 90% the same game story wise.

most changes afaik are main + post story, pokemon locations + encounter rate and some items locations. the only thing you gonna miss out is the pokemons you can encounter after using the QR Scanner. somehow they replaced them with other pokemons

yes just skip
supposedly updating through main menu/offical eshop deletes your DLC

I've been having trouble with this too, can't get online because of this.

tried updating thru the eshop prompt then added dio vento's mod: everything still works except my friendcodeseed got banned but i doubt the update was the reason for it

I am going back to my 3DS after more than a year of not using it. Currently following the guide to upgrade the CFW from A9LH to B9S. I just want to double check, it's safe to update to the latest version after I have that running, right?

Done upgrading. And the guide itself has you updating, so never mind the question. Thanks either way.

congrats on the B9S. believe it or not, some retards still believe that a9lh is superior for some reason

Does Freeshop (newest fork/version) freeze for anyone else when deleting games? It says "deleted" but is then unresponsive. And is there any way to be sure things got properly deleted? I've switched to FBI for it now but just wanted to be sure.

So apparently you can get CFW on a 3ds if you're on 11.6 for $2 if you buy a exploitable DSIware title using movable.sed. You need to also mine the movable.sed with a GPU or CPU. Check these threads out for more details.
gbatemp.net/threads/seedminer-single-system-dsiware-injection.495685/
gbatemp.net/threads/seedminer-fc-and-mining-help.496114/
3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection-list)

Gonna try out this method with a friend's 3ds tomorrow using sudoku tomorrow.

i delete games via the 3ds's system

i would have been perfectly happy with emunand but i had to switch for the newer luma version

There is no functional difference between B9S and al9h, and al9h objectively booted faster.
Nobody gives a fuck the only thing people want is video games and anime tiddy themes.

You're right, but more things with homebrew is cool either way

Who even turns their 3DS off?

I recently bought a 3DS and those gateway cards from a friend, and I was wondering if I needed to do anything special to the SD cards or console before just following the mod guide. Can I safely just format everything and start from scratch to use the CFW?

You're getting bullied so hard.

Screenshots are a welcome feature. I do that all the time on Vita so it's ridiculous you couldn't on 3DS. Also B9S is cleaner than A9LH.

I know, that's why I want to start fresh and just use the sd cards since they are a decent size, I just wanted to make sure they didn't do anything that a quick reformatting wouldn't get rid of.

Oh it was the former hack setup thrown in. Well whatever. I've still got mine lying around somewhere but those things are obsolete.

Anyway Gateway hacks are messy and do dirty things so I don't actually know if there's anything to watch out for when installing B9S. There is no migration guide for Gateway->B9S like there is for A9LH->B9S so you might just be able to do it. The only definite watch-out is save encryption but I doubt that matters for you.

gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

is it worth upgrading from cakes?

Came to let you anons know I hacked my friend's 3ds on 11.6 using the seedminer method. I used method 2 to dump their LFCS with my cfw 3ds.
The only minor problems I stumbled upon was figuring which ID0 was the real one. But more info is down on the FAQ section, dunno why it's all the way down there. Some of us might have more than one.
2nd minor issue was getting the patched Sudoku.bin file from the build website, had to upload it twice since it didn't go through the first time.
Overall was pretty straightforward. Took me an hour to mine the 2nd part of the movable.sed on a GTX 1080. Maybe this will help some of you who missed the 3ds hack train and don't want to dump $20 on a flashcart from china.

What's the best system to play ds games on? The phat, lite, dsi, or the 3ds?

lite

It seems to have worked alright, I might keep the blue card as a ds flashcart but at least I have CFW working now on this thing.

Yeah keep the blue card it seems fine as far as compatibility (ironically it's a clone of some other flash card, hypocrites.)

I'd say a N3DS just because it has more versatility than an older system, but in truth, it has the screen stretching/letterboxing issue with DS games.

Anything that isn't the current year hacks, yes.

I just busted my lite out, haven't used it in ages. Tested SM64DS out in it and my N3DS. The thing that bothered me the most was the blurriness of the picture on the N3DS. On the lite it's nice and sharp.

If you hold Start or Select when booting a DS game on a 3DS it doesn't get upscaled to the slightly higher resolution on 3DS so the pixels remain crisp. The downside is the black bars.

Yup. Looks odd as hell. The empty black spaces annoy me like crazy, but it does look better. I may just stick with my lite. That also means I can play my GBA games as well.

3DS supports most GBA games too through that official emulator, just not as cartridges.

It's not an emulator it supports them natively 3dbrew.org/wiki/FIRM#AGB_FIRM the games that don't work are ones reliant on special hardware such as the accelerometer or the e-reader

I thought it had to emulate certain parts of the GBA even if it was leveraging the ARM9 for executing the code, instead of emulating a CPU on top of that. Something like Wine (so emulator is still wrong, go me).

Fuck off Nigger

gross

Go back to Facebook, you fucking retard.

Yeah I do that or via FBI now. But I was just wondering if it's possible that if it freezes when deleting, a game doesn't get deleted properly and leaves some files behind, that then might not be recognized as software but are still on there taking up space. Maybe just my OCD talking.

Decent PS1 emulator when? I don't care how inaccurate it is or how many speed hacks it needs, I want to play Spyro on my 3DS. Fuck the GBA games.

DSi or DSi XL. The bicubic filtering slapped on non-integer scaling makes DS games look really shite on the 3DS. The D-pad placement is kind of ass too.

Only reason I play them on my 3DS is because I travel a lot and don't feel like carrying around two systems.

When the fuck is this coming out I can't bloody take it anymore, it would be fantastic on the 3ds.

They're better looking when you use the Select button on start to not scale them. Can't argue with the shit ergonomics of the 3DS though. The whole fucking hardware family is a trainwreck in that respect.

Amen, brother. Super glad they went back to the slate design for the Switch.

try this one out, works great.

I'm not lugging that thing around with me places.

You're looking in the wrong place numbnuts.

try this, its lighter and smaller and doesn't have the issues of the revisions afterward.

My PSP's battery and its chinkshit replacements are all dead.

There is no hope for the future of video games except the hope born in PC emulation.

OLED, can run most PSP games and PS1 games, use standard SD cards, and have their own version of freeShop now too. Admittedly they do have a one-note library and hacking them isn't a 100% advantage like the 3DS (maybe not an issue for long) but they're good systems.

Plug it into the wall?

Aye. PPSSPP is a godsend.

It's early OLED tech and thus super prone to burn in. The lifespan of your typical OLED panel isn't that great either.

I actually have a Vita (not on hackable firmware) and love its ergos and D-pad. But I'm not buying another one or tearing the damn thing open just so I can play PS1 games, especially when they run rather dodgy in Adrenaline compared to an actual PSP. All of its emulation software is rather lackluster from what I've seen, actually.

take care of your shit idiot

Niggerfaggot there's nothing you can do to stop lithium ion batteries from degrading over time.

Niggerfaggot the whole point is that replacements will suffer the same fate and the only future is one not tied to chink batteries.

Show me a replacement PSP battery that isn't off-brand chink shit or priced in the hundreds.

I hate the black smears (thankfully my main system hasn't had it happen yet) but it's overall a massive upgrade over the IPS screens used in second gen ones. Also thicker makes it more comfortable. Thin is a meme.

That said yeah, its other emulation is limited to RetroArch and only certain cores are worth using. GBA doesn't always reach full speed, and certain SNES games require the older SNES9x core with ZSNES-tier sound.

Emulation will eventually be the only way to do a system. PSP last I checked had it pretty good though.

I have a suggestion to you: go on craigslist or eBay or some shit and find a cheap broken PSP and get that. Be sure to contact the seller first to make sure it has a battery.

yes, once we're all dead. If you take care of your shit, it'll outlast you.

Niggerfaggot this is a plastic toy with lithium ion batteries, not your grandfather's favorite hammer.

replace them, then.

make me nigger !

JUST FUCK EACH OTHER. OH MY GOD.

Is there a 3DS alternative to the original VNDS? If not, how exactly do I get this program to load on TWLoader?
github.com/BASLQC/vnds/wiki

So does Retroarch on 3DS actually fucking work at all?

I think I reported on some performance earlier in the thread on the N3ds the O3ds is destined to have even worse performance. Even on the N3DS don't expect much more complex than SNES and even then expect many games requiring hacky emulation with ZSNES tier sound. I'm playing Wild Guns with SNES9X 2005 + which has blargs sound plugin in it so the sound is more accurate but it lags at the character select. Not a big deal for me but I'm definitely not starting another snes games on the device as the sound is really important to me.

Just don't bother with it, user. From what I've read, Retroarch ports on the 3DS have pretty much reached their peak, unless someone wants to go in and rewrite the entire thing. As a prime example, the standalone version of PicoDrive for the 3DS has Sega CD games running at full speed, meanwhile PicoDrive through Retroarch still struggles to play some Genesis games.

I dodged 2 banwaves, I guess 3rd time is the charm.
Is there anything I can do?

The newest version of Freeshop seems a bit sluggish on my N3DS. When I select a game it often stalls for a while. Is there any reason I can't just use an older one?

Solo hunt in MH3U because it's ultimately a better game.

I'm interested in acquiring a 3DS/2DS solely for the purpose of pirating.
Should I get one of the fancier models or a plain old 2DS will suffice? I don't actually care about any particular new game, I'm more looking into the entire library as a whole out of curiosity since I'm somewhat late to the party.

A new 3DS XL has a faster processor which helps a lot, especially with games that don't run perfectly, and it also helps a lot with emulation
Dunno about the 2DS family but they'd suffice for most games, dunno about homebrew shit like emulation

Other than faster load times, I'm guessing those are just a few titles that don't run perfectly on the older systems, right? I've read comments about zelda musou being night and day, but it's not my kind of game. I'm more inclined to skip on a fancier version until I find games that I feel are really worth the investment, and get another system just for them, while saving money at this time (since this is basically for research, and an old 2DS is quite cheap).
For emulation I'm satisfied with what the Vita has to offer, and I honestly have no idea if homebrews for the 3DS have anything I may want to check out, again my interest in the system is basically to check out exclusives I may have missed out.

metal gear sucks on o3ds and runs fine on n3ds

Then a 2DS should for the most part be adequate. You basically won't be able to play Xenoblade Chronicles X (I think) and that's it, everything else should (for the most part) be playable. It basically just improves performance on areas and places of games where you might have frame drops otherwise, like in zelda ALBW's lava areas or some shit but beyond that you should be fine
I had problems with the GBA emulators on my Vita, and the DS emulators on the 3DS are vastly superior from what I've heard (haven't tried it yet myself) but that's just what I know.

Editing my post to say shit like "the newest games" might be an exception as well like the newest pokemon games run much more smoothly on an n3ds but I dunno how much you care about that

Thanks for the input.

Some quick reading yesterday linked the new pokemon with a recent banwave so if I do end up feeling like it, I may get the newer system and go legit for it.
Also I have a DSlite so emulating it wouldn't be on my list.

Since it's not an exclusive (that I already own two copies of in other systems) it's really low priority for me, I would only consider it for the 3D effects anyways. Maybe in the future.

Have your cards arrived yet? I ordered a card from nds-card too, and my shipment says it's still in China when It was shipped nearly two weeks ago.

Sorry, I mean how long did it take to ship? Also, sorry about the stupid flag.

its not even a particularly high-quality chart either but it feels like it takes so much effort, i have a new appreciation for chartfags now.
Anyways
RECOMMEND FIGHTING GAMES, Hack n' Slashes AND BEAT 'EM UPS NOW
also any suggestions or changes to the chart is welcome, traditional JRPG vs dungeon crawler split coming soon
Also how do anons feel about creeping terror? I've heard good things from an user about it but have yet to play it, is it worth putting on the chart?
Also I guess its finally time to add the mario games, try only to suggest the 8/10 ones or better
Horror games also, and really any suggestion you have is fine

if you didn't find it by now I've re-uploaded it

forgot chart

I don't know how people play these. I tried streaming the display and input to my PC, but there's so much lag.

Could add Apollo Justice to the VN section.

Going off of that has anyone played the spin-off Ace Attorney that takes place in the past? Was that good?

I don't get fingercramps but my hands get numb after awhile. When that happens I ususally just stretch out a bit. You know, to restore the blood flow. I can't give you advice about neck cramps since I never got them but then again, I only touch my DS/3DS when I'm lying in bed so that might be a factor.

Still can't run Super Robot Wars, so i'm just keeping an eye on it till then, or until I can get my R4 to stop eating my saves.

If the Switch gives me a DS virtual console I'll happily give my hard earned shekels. It will surpass even the Wii U in being the ultimate console.

They even added a way to play the Celebi event legitimately. Before you couldn't do that in the west, thanks to their stupid idea of making you go to Nintendo events, like they did with Mew.

Everyone is still waiting on the fan translation.
There are two of them, both directed by Takumi, the series' original director.
2 episodes have been released so far.
scarletstudy.gq/

Whew son your standards are at rock bottom.

The Wii U can emulate every console up to the N64, plus the Wii and Gamecube, along with every handheld up to the DS. It's quite the versatile system. The second they put an emulator in the Switch, it will be able to do all of that while being handheld.

fixed that>>14370388

I got a 3DS with 11.6 firmware and I missed the 3DS hack boat. Soundhax doesn't work. Can't do ninjahax either. Looks like it's flashcarts and magnethax for me

Get ready for doing fuckall for the next three weeks while the Chinks mail it on a fucking boat.

omg…Find a solution?!

It's crap and shit. The grip makes the already uncomfortable shoulder buttons even MORE uncomfortable to press.

He can go to target or walmart, maybe they have a good game on clearance.

I have been researching on what would be the most ideal flash cart for a DS Lite and I keep coming across cards that are no longer available or the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, which seems like overkill for my needs. Acekard 2i sounded like the ideal flashcart but I can't find it and I am not sure of it could play Pokemon BW2.

They came in about a week and some change, what area are you from? Sometimes they have to re-stock, Chinese shipping is sometimes unpredictable

I miss my iTouch2

Find a solution²?! But really, there are tons of different grips, you can either make one or find one more suitable, it's impossible that none is satisfactory for you…
ps:Mine fits perfectly well, it looks like it was already a part of the console.

Jesus christ.
Nobody said it didn't fit the console. They said it didn't fix the problem, and infact made the problem worse by making the shoulder buttons even more awkward to press. Maybe you have tiny baby hands and don't suffer from this?

1-It's not on the hinge, it's above it and i don't care to clean it. 2- witch part of the picture you still didn't understood? It's a crappy diy trigger for the sholder buttons the white thing, is that hard to understand? Yes it's ugly but works, and is very simple to do, not as simple to understand the purpose it seems…

Should I bother updating from a9lh for the newer versions of luma, or is there no point?

So trying to find a localfriendseed code netted me this page
>unban3ds.com
legit or honeypot?

Looking to get another handheld since I got CFW on my 3ds, I'm conflicted on purchasing a Vita. Could anyone answer these questions? This is assuming the Vita I get is 3.60 or under.

All those questions and more are answered in the Vita thread.

you need 3.60 and a special (cheap) adapter for regular SD cards to work, but yes there is a workaround
only on version 3.60
yes

I answered you in Vitagen.

I've already have a 4gb SD card set up, can I just copy the files over to a bigger one or do I need to format it to FAT32?

format it

Sorry for being a retard, but what do I need to download from the tittle key site and where do I place it?

I'm in the middle of America. I just got an update too, landed in New York today, so that's promising. It was only stuck in China for two weeks.

Go into the Freeshop settings and you'll see a small QR code icon. Find the QR code on that titlekeys site and scan it.