Who are fighting games even for any more?

When the fuck did the fighting game genre become something casual people are even vaguely fucking interested in, much less needing games catering to them?

I know it's been a relatively slow burn getting to this point and I am by no means only just now noticing the trend, I'm just absolutely fucking baffled that such a complex and nuanced genre has been whittled down to nothing for an audience that doesn't even care for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=eVLNCCDOmLg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Few people are autistic enough to spend hundreds of hours practicing. Obviously they need to make games that are fun for everyone to sell.

It's fucking Dragonball

It's the equivalent of making a Mickey Mouse game as complex and deep as a 4x game. No one of its intended audience would buy it.

The buzzphrase is "easy to learn, hard to master". DBFZ has a lot of systems going at the same time, and is an upper-mid level fighter in terms of skill ceiling, but they have auto-combos and things like that to make low-level players feel flashy and competent. There's no problem with that in my estimation, since the auto-combos are set up to be basically the least efficient combos your character could possibly execute.

It's probably fine, but we'll see if a competitive scene grows around this game, or if it's dropped within six months.

I've noticed that besides maybe generic FPS's, fighting games are made for and their community inhabited by normalfags. The backwards snapback, ripped Chaddiest dudebros you can think of have all been top fighting game players. For fuck's sake, most top-ranked fighting game clans are made up of fucking niggers.
NIGGERS
You know those low-IQ, obnoxious, smelly, bix noodin', "where da white womynz at??", fucking retarded groups of people who only really excel at things that require fast-twitch muscles like niggerball? Yeah… Those are the people who are on top of the fighting game community. If that doesn't say something about the state of fighting games, I don't know what the fuck would convince you it's beyond hope.

I'm pretty open about any kind of video game discussion on Holla Forums.
But there are certain genres I would love to be banned completely. VNs (because not really video games, and the most autistic spergy cringetards are the ones filling up those VN threads) and Fighting games (to curb any normalfag and nigger astroturf of the board).

Off yourself

AI is automatically degrading difficulty accordingly to how player plays the game. You aren't allowed to compete with AI on maximum difficulty without it degrading.

Calm down, sperglord.

DBZ games are for those who watch DBZ.
Play GG instead you sperg

You can always get it for free when piracy is possible and learn to exploit the game's system and play agressively against as many normalfags as you can to ruin the game for them and make them hate and abandon it.
It is fun and it is free.

No, you off yourself.

Wew. You've managed to shove the fence post between normalfag and non-normalfag up your ass.

Bye faggot

I see it lasting longer than MvCI at least, although not a high bar.

None of what you said makes sense. Pirate copies don't have online and people don't play with randoms on the streets. Do you go around accepting invitations to play at some nigger home? Didn't think so

Looks like someone is being intentionally dense, disingenuous, and cowardly.
Top tier intellect, my dude.

what's the deal with chaika

Oh my sweet summer child

Bye faggot

Chaika face will take over this Universe

I feel worried for you. You need to seek help. I'm sorry I was so hostile earlier, but now I understand why you are the way you are. I hope you get better soon…

Look faggot, I understand you're upset about this but that's no reason to sperg out.

If you want to ban certain video game discussion you should go here >>>Holla Forums

If anything, fighting games are way too complicated now. You have to study frame data like an autist to be competitive

Tekken 7 cracked online half worked for like 2 months and that was because the game was cracked pretty much at launch. Call me when it gets cracked and works without looking for supposed multiplayer fixes every week and half of which end up being fake or malware.

I'm not even defending the game but only calling you out on your retardation

Not to mention practice frame perfect combos for hours on end. I'm salt.

Frame and hit box data is a legit way of becoming better. I agree with you on the frame perfect stuff. Rewarding muscle memory is retarded even if it comes with hours of hard work. You must realize that you are not doing something that requires strategy but pure mindless repetition. That is why I am favor of longer frame buffers to at least equalize the field between someone who has practiced he same combo 3 years vs someone who knows exactly the combo two by step but has only been playing 2 months.

*step-by-step

They're more generous now than they've ever been in almost every current fighting game.

I'll have to revisit them, because I can not do Balrog/Boxer's trials in the 3D Street Fighters (Ultra 4, SFxT) to save my life. I generally assume Guilty Gear and Blazblue are just harder across the board.

So I'm learning now the EN version got fucked by funimation

That's not why fighting games are hard. Neither is . In fact if someone spent 100% of their time only memorising frame data or practicing combos they would lose in a real match. It supplements your play, but it isn't the foundation.

There's difficulty in combos for actually doing them, but there's more to it than that. You have to learn hit confirming and how to convert it into a knockdown or something that gives you an advantage. Optimised combos help you, but they are far from necessary since damage isn't everything. It's more important that you can consistently convert a combo into something advantageous even if you aren't doing the most optimal damage possible.

Smash and mkx were both double digit million sellers, both are casual fighting games and both have completely eclipsed the jp fighter market. You do the fucking math.

Oh yes yes, pulling off combos in an actual fight and knowing when to use them is a whole other can of worms. Lowering that bar is a bit too far for me.

Yeah nogs arent actually good at anything mate, including fighting games

Yeah. Okay.

GG is harder because of the speed of the game and how you need to navigate and utilize the vast array of defensive options you have plus added wrinkles like airdashing, not because of extremely strict timing windows. Obviously some characters have it harder/easier than others and for different reasons.

It's more important that you can consistently convert a combo into something advantageous even if you aren't doing the most optimal damage possible.

It's not. There's a reason that kill combos aren't used unless its going to end the round and that's because you trade having a good knockdown/ender for damage. Getting a reset/pressure after a combo is more important and is more damaging than getting the most damage from that first combo. You end up trading damage in that first combo to potentially do even more if you can open them up again. And even then, you only do what you can most consistently do even if its not optimal. Better to do a less optimal combo and get that pressure going than to drop it and lose everything.

WHO BITCH DIS IZ?!
I decided I was done with "the FGC" when gootecks decided to make some retarded spic remark on election night. I used to enjoy this shit, but if guys like him and james chink are going to make it clear that there's this unsleeping racial enmity between us, then maybe I have something better to do with my fuck-around-on-the-internet time.

The games are fun for the time being, but given the makeup of the FGC, I expect it's only going down from here. I mean, you hope that there's enough nip influence to keep the devs from shitting things up too much, but I don't know.

You stupid or something?

It does get frustrating when you play online and people have mastered combos that take out over half of your healthbar and have a mixup game so good that you always end up in another 30hit combo.

Sometimes I want to ask if they could keep their combos down to a 5 hit max so I can play the fucking game too. You cant really git gud if you just spend most matches watching your dude get eviscerated.

I didn't play any Soul Caliburs with Character Creation, can someone tell me how it is? Is it like customization in Tekken/VF but you can change everything about the looks of a character(so the moveset is still the same) or can you also choose different moves yourself? Can you also use them online

This should answer some, but not all of your questions.

You mean EVERY fighting game ever? That's the magic of the fighting game genre, it's easy to learn and hard to master. Normalfags get their kicks from beating the story mode on hard mode and the hardcore tourneyfags get their rocks off by pretending that button mashing is a sport. Everyone wins.

Auto-combos were in at least one of the Blazblue games, I think the second one. So not the first time they did this shit, and I thought it was shit then too.

Stylish mode exists in all BB games post CT and all versions of Xrd

meant for

You post like a redditor trying really hard to be edgy

If you don't play fighting games you could have just said so. Especially when most fighters don't have 1-frame links like SF4. Practicing a combo doesn't take hours either. You can learn basic ones that can carry you far in 15 minutes or less depending on how good you are. Fighting games have actually been getting easier. Aquapazza is one of the only recent fighting games to actually have complicated inputs and even then they're not as bad as the one in this image.

For some reason, fighting games have this aura around them as if you have to be some God to defeat anyone or be decent. As if the way pros play is the average skill level of everyone online. In reality it's just people who learn from their mistakes and understand the game and how to read people according to the situation. But people new to fighters take losing too personal and write them off as being tryhard autistic power fantasy simulators.

Try and do that combo you practiced when the enemy is too defensive and you don't know how to open them up. Or how about fighting back once you're knocked on the ground and the enemy has a setup where pressing a button when you get up guarantees you getting hit? The combo is just rewarding your good fundementals. You don't need combos to win but it makes it so you get more reward from playing properly.

Then play something that isn't Skull Girls, Marvel, or Blazblue. Koihime Enbu is all about good fundementals and the combos are like 3 hits for most of the match. Only big combos being critical counters and that takes a good read to do.

Can we just blame Capcom for this misconception of fighting games being intimidating?

No because other fgs exist

No. I think it's just the flood of information people get whenever they listen to a stream. They're presented with all this terminology that barely even applies to most genres of video games. Every character has multiple gimmicks of how they can screw you over and both players are thinking ahead of the other person in split seconds. Commentators are talking about how smart the player is for doing something crazy when the casual viewer just sees the guy walk up and grab the person without them fighting back. Not understanding why that was "so smart".

Then they try to play fighting games themselves and are met with a bunch of polarizing mechanics that are alien to them. Cross-ups, mix-ups, guard pressure, sweet spots, buffering, and so forth. When they finally grasp a few moves and kick the AI's ass, they go online an get slaughtered because they're fighting people like AI. Overall fighting games are niche for a reason and they're reliant on not being too easy. Even if combos are easy to pull off by mashing square, these people will never beat someone with good fundamentals.

Just posting some fighting game footage from interesting fighters.
hooktube.com/watch?v=eVLNCCDOmLg

Who gives a shit?
Budokai 3 was praised for the same thing when it came out, the meme of difficulty just didnt exist back then nor did Holla Forums. Maybe Holla Forums and Holla Forums culture is the fucking problem. Maybe Holla Forums ruined video games for you. Just saying.

And some king of fighter games.
I am not sure but as far as xiii, mai had a one or two frame link involving her low + C elbow. Same is true for several character's moves where they can chain heavy normals into another heavy normal. Heck even linking the small punches and kicks into themselves is pretty damn hard to do consistently if you have not been playing for several months and it is the most common combo starter in the game.

I was browsing Holla Forums before the budokai 3 release user. By the time the first two games where well known in Holla Forums

Buy it used for cheap then.
Never give money to the companies.
Play online or offline if you can, against normalfags and ruin the game for them.

What are you, 14? There's a lot of people playing the game, I really doubt that anyone's going to care that they lost one match against a tough opponent. They'll just look for someone else to fight and move on with their fun.

i'm confused. you think the best way to kill other people's interest in a game is to… play it? and become good at it?

Could you try to kill kofxiv please? community's a bit stale where I live

I guess Im just a really bad player then because AI is kicking my ass on arcade mode on hard difficulty. As soon as Im trying to memorize how to play 1 character I instantly forget all the combos.

Wouldn't rate the game higher than 4/10 unless you are guy who plays fighting games on regular basis.

Shekles.
The answer is shekels user, always shekels.

Is it shit or is it fun

Also can you set the audio to japanese

It's pretty fun

Yes

It starts on Japanese by default.

Only normalfags use normies.

SF4/xT are pretty heavy on tight timing windows and very hard links, so you had the misfortune to pick the only games that require fucked up timings like that. SF5, for all of its failings, has very generous input buffers in comparison.

But of course

You can't accuse others of being retarded when you're a retard yourself.

AI on fighting games is always a cheater that reads inputs and counters in the same frame you pretty much pressed a button.

The only good AI i ve seen on a fighting game is Killer Instinct and that was only on Shadow Lab where the AI did incorporate patterns that it learned from players into it's own behavior, e.g. there where AI's doing some crazy mixups, doing great combos, and even teabagging you.

Trophyhunting is for faggots.

First time playing against a Shadow in KI I legit thought I was fighting a player

Indeed they would caught anyone by surprise, because not only did they learn about offense tactics but also defensive tactics like getting away from corners or Instinct cancelling moves to avoid getting punished and in the neutral game they would try to mimic player movements or fireball spamming.

Where is the proofs

Is this cracked yet?

if it was cracked you would see the autistic shrieking victory thread or if there's a dbz thread already up someone will just make a second one stealthed as a denuvo shrieking thread

Bitching thread #4346547568

You think that RPGs are any better? They're filled with betas, trannies, and faggots.

KoF inputs are easier than SF4. I don't know why the fuck they decided to make it overwhelmingly complex than SF3.

You can customize a character however you want, but you just choose the moveset of preset ones. You can use them online.

the autocombo honestly isn't an issue, it's about on par with the one in uniel except that the first two/three hits are usually a unique string & have some autocorrect properties in the air that give it some amount of extended use to a non beginner. i don't really like how much they simplified defense & throws especially in a game with such strong pressure since this is gonna be a touch of death game, having a burst would've also been nice but it's understandable why you wouldn't want to have a complicated fuzzy/throw system in a game for casuals. the whole thing feels like a slightly easier version of f-moon in melty with some basic tag elements thrown on top of it. on whole, dbz is pretty fun and seeing so many people playing an anime game is really cool in it's own right but it kind of makes me just want to play umvc3 or persona. nothing in this game feels quite as cool as playing dante & several characters feel like they're just straight up missing buttons they'd have in a real anime game.

the beginner friendly meme has been around since at least sf4 & i feel like every attempt has failed miserably.frankly i think the best thing you could do for new players is provide in-game explanations of fighting game concepts and how a tag game is meant to be played. just watch any good player streaming the game and see how many times they're asked what point or anchor means. don't just tell them how to do a super or a teleport, tell them why & why not to do them.all the autocombos & neutered inputs don't mean shit to someone who doesn't understand advantage & team composition. xrd rev might actually be one of the most beginner friendly since it's one of the few that gives you any idea how it's meant to be played.

how to make a fighting game beginner friendly without sacrificing depth:
there's always been these competing ideas of what the experience of playing a fighting game is supposed to be
that you give the player all the information so that they can play the game vs the idea that discovering the information IS playing the game and that revealing anything more than the basics cheapens the experience. i can appreciate the latter and watching a community come together to solve a game is cool in a heuristic sense, but it stands at odds with the goal of getting new blood into the genre
as an aside it'd be really nice if there was a way for the game to relegate wifi players to their own set of lobbies, i'm too dumb to know if you can give a game disc the permissions to detect a console's network settings & then filter based on that but even just a notice on startup asking for people to play wired would be an improvement.

you never used a spark burst?

Niggers, spics and japs same as usual.

Posting some actual music from Tekken games.

Can I use a male character with female preset or vice versa?

You can. I used Jin Kazama's moveset in SCV as a female.

the name burst is misleading, it can't be used in hitstun. it's a better version of heat/veil off basically

combo execution in xrd/blazblue isn't particularly difficult at least for playing at a basic level. there are virtually no links unless you play slayer and those are very generous. the only thing that will require much timing are meaties/reversals & safe jumps and that's just a matter of practice. the best part is that all these concepts are covered in game

i think it's because the only coverage they really get is from tournaments which gives a false impression that you have to be fuudo-tier to even participate

So RPGs are filled with Holla Forums?

Easy fighting games are the future

Let's remove the gap in chess, too. Pawns only

Can you do Tien's super multiple times?

dayum

Which Holla Forums are we talking about?

no, it only does a dive kick after you use it

it is really fucking easy compared to trying to do the equivalent combo in another anime game or mahvel.

why don't you play DOA? its a highly technical game with hard to pull off combos that make the game really popular with a large fanbase always playing in :^)

what im saying is timing and knowing when to do something is key. a fighting game shouldn't be defined by who can get carpal tunnel first

Is DBFZ the biggest game Arcsystem has done so far?

Ginyu, Beerus and Nappa make a fun team though admittedly I started dropping Nappa for SSJ Goku or Frieza, Nappa's too fucking slow and at potato ranks I'm at, his 2H seems not generous enough to punish everpresent Super Dashes effectively at frame delays. Goku's works every time so I started to like him

I see lots of people using Nappa. Also, Yamcha a best.

All I want is Tenkaichi 3 without cutscene attacks on PC with proper online and I would be very happy already.

None of the characters are locked behind a paywall yet, the gameplay has some unique mechanics and the online doesn't work because they fucked up steam integration. For some reason it works fine if you set the same download region in the settings as your friends'. I forgot which other gook game had that problem when it got ported, but it's an easy fix either way.
Aside from a few hitches the game is fantastic. I don't really get the pessimism.

I come across all-goku or mostly blue teams nonstop. I honestly love this because I run team human and pounding their powerlevel faggotry into the dirt grants me maximum smug. I also really like that Tien's color #2 is the classic color scheme from Dragon Ball.

If you can rotate all of those members in your head, Ginyu is pretty cool. I've seen Ginyus get some crazy pressure going. Especially with help from his assists.

It really is surprising how many people are playing Nappa. A lot of the ones I played kept snapping out my Yamcha to save for the dramatic finish, but wound up getting the new finish on themselves.

i was trying to run the meme team too but nappa/ginyu doesn't synergize very well tbh. they both seem to work best as points so far.
nappa needs a multihit extend for most of his better setups & some form of coverage for supedash in neutral. ginyu benefits greatly from coverage so that he can summon safely in neutral and at an extend that doesn't launch for his more damaging corner combos.
i'm trying out ginyu/penisman/krillin atm and it seems to work pretty well but the lack of a beam/shield makes things hard

i find 18's assist works pretty well with him. it lets you get a free saibaman at the start of the round and you can use it to give yourself raggo superarmor in neutral. he probably needs a beam too for protecting saibamen if you want to try & use them midscreen

Only Robo-Ky's snackbar combos and Ganon's up tilts gave me a similar feeling yet.

Never saw a single one besides me. Maybe I will encounter some Nappas soon, I like him on the offensive but if I'm cornered while he's out, my spaghetti gets all over the floor as I realise I have no fucking clue what to do.

I also like it, especially against those faggot Hits or Goku Blacks. They're somehow the most annoying. Since almost nobody knows what Ginyu can do, so I can get away with a lot of shit against those fags, too.

That's a cool idea to get saibaman out, I might try it out in the future. Thanks.

Now you're lying.

Something is very wrong here.

All fighting game reviews are the same dude, partly because reviewers are inept and partly because they aren't big fighting game players and only have a few days to review it so they always through out some bogus line like
after they beat the arcade mode a few times using auto-combo and throw a review out. Go look at any fighting game review you'll find shit like that

Yes, you're not playing Versus.

But shouldn't computer opponents at least fight back poorly? They just sort of stood there, waiting to die.

they start to fight back a bit further into the game, early on there are tutorial fights that help you get a hang of the combat.

fighting game AI is always rough unfortunately, just due to the nature of the genre. you either get AIs that don't even fight back or they read your inputs and slap you unless you exploit them.

Did you even read you retard? It has nothing to do with the quality of the game. He's surprised a fighting game sold to the masses so well despite fighting games being well known to push away casuals simply due to their depth and competitive nature. Many DBZ fighters are made but barely have any been this universally accepted by casuals despite being known as a more traditional fighter when compared to the DBZ games that have come out in the past decade.

Another thing is that fighting games have actually been getting easier to play since Street Fighter 4. Tons of guides compared to before and dedicated communities who have no problem taking new players under their wing. So the gap between making a new player a good player has been reduced as much as possible and casuals still didn't get into the genre. Yet here we are with this game.

There were a few key points on why this game got so much attention. Marvel VS Capcom Infinite's failure combined with them designing a similar game that people could immediately play as it was presented. Many enjoyed the art style of Xrd and people were wanting a more traditional DBZ game after Xenoverse. They let people play it at AnimExpo and had multiple timed betas that just made people want it more. And most of the press they had, they kept the talk about DLC in the back. Then they came out with the semen demons and beta for everyone to play so everyone was just clawing at each other to get the game.

Fuck you. Even when they make good games I like I can never respect them due to their anti-consumer practices. Like instantly killing anyone's interesting in God Eater on PC with Denuvo.

Too late you're already triple gay.

Where's our Competitive Sailor moon fighting game to complete the 90's anime trio

Yeah, fighting games are so unpopular that we even have a FGC and annual tournaments held worldwide.

They couldn't wait to spaz out. Their butthurt was too strong and now they are forever tri-homo.

Aren't there a few fighters on the Super Famicom that still get played?

They did it again with DBFZ.

They fight back in arcade mode. Does anyone else like that the thing for Arcade mode is Muscle Tower?

I am not sure how to feel that the tougher fights in arcade mode simply just makes the AI hits harder and becomes a bit spongy to damage.

I guess it beats having the AI reading all of your inputs.

The autocombos in Arcsys games are only extra moves you can use to chain combos, they even punish autocombo usage in most of their games, in P4 Arena it killed your health to use them fully, and in this game using them adds random dragon balls to the fight one by one, but someone who does a fuckhuge combo (not possible via Autocombos) can get multiple and get the bonus while the autocombo scrub only helps them get closer.

On top of that the end of autocombos in DBF automatically ends and can't really be followed up and on top of that does piddling damage, while someone who stops at a certain point and transitions into specials or other attacks will do loads more damage. Android 16 pretty much requires that you master autocombo timing and inserting his throws into combos to extend it further and go into his supers, which includes his unique instant kill you can mix in (can't combo into it at all, have to predict reaction) to catch your opponent off guard. However his GOOD playstyle revolves around his charging tackle moves into air grabs, which do loads more damage but are slow and require prediction like a good grappler player.

Outside of, SS Goku, SS Vegeta and Yamcha(all of these guys use autocombos to move into specials, in Yamcha's case to build meter with fuckhuge combos, SS's case because they're beginner friendly Ryu and Ken types) everyone has different gimmicks that make autocombos infeasible.

Once you get to Hit, Beerus, Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, the other androids, basically everyone outside of those 4, you should never do a complete autocombo or you'll get smacked by a good player who knows his pressure.

I never said unpopular. It's more than casuals are well know to avoid fighters. Many may watch these game but a ton of them will never touch the game for more than 10 hours after losing a few matches. Also having annual tourneys world wide and having a community doesn't mean it's popular. Melty Blood gets tournaments all the time but it is far from being a game that can compete with the sales or player base of Tekken 7.

Which is absolutely retarded because fighters can have a much longer longevity on PC. But now, whenever Denuvo dies, so does that game.

Wannabe 16 player here, the third hit of his autocombo is an actual straight-up grab, so it won't work if they're in blockstun but if you delay it slightly it's a great mixup. Also it reverses positions if you're mashing 2L in the corner or something like that and connect you can put THEM in the corner, plus it combos into his 214L anti-air grab which you can then combo extend with vanish or assists. Shit is lit

interesting. Chaotzu's damage is Fixed, so it's not affected by diminishing returns
This makes Tien rise in the tiers.

too late you're triple gay

I want the Holla Forums crossposters to leave if they can't contain their autism

who cares this much about stupid ass retarded video games

Modern games always praise easy to pickup probably because whoever is reviewing the game only has 10 hours, usually even less than that, to actually play the game to write the review.

I can't really think of another reason.

wew lad

Competetive losers.

2d fighters are for fags

precisely this kind of fag

I wonder what it is. That's pretty goddamn large for a game that just released. Also, where the hell is the fightan general?

I can still feel a tiny bit of the GG in the general feel of basic movement and such, even if it barely resembles it beyond that.

Yeah, I was worried that it would be too braindead and mashy, and its still rather early for me to be saying this, but I think the game has managed to straddle the line between simple and complex in a way that I can enjoy.

My only problem is that all the shit AROUND the actually gameplay leaves a whole fucking lot to be desired.

The fuck were they thinking with replacing a normal main menu with a fucking online lobby, and what the fuck were they thinking not having a normal ass player match where you can invite your friends. With the way things are set up now, the simple act of playing with a specific friend online is a huge fucking pain, not even accounting for the fact that that particular system doesn't even work properly right now anyways.
ArcSys, you had this shit figured out in Xrd already. Were you rushing to get the game out or was this Bamcos idea or some shit?

I too would like know where it has gone.

It's a god-damn shame that one of the best characters from Dragonball completely disappeared with no real explanation.

niggers, wetbacks and weebs, same as they always have been?

That's all because it's a social thing. It's stupid impractical but this encourages people to socialize more instead of everyone just huddling up with their friends.

Well, yes, but how about one that isn't poverty-tier?

Fighting games are literally for niggers.

Makes you wonder why there are so many asians playing them too. I mean, it probably helps that the niggers who go to the big money tournaments tend to be easy pickings for them, but does Japanese society at large consider Daigo a nigger?

Are the Four Gods really just Kangz?

Autocombos are just disgusting to have in any video game, even fucking budakai made you press a different button to use specials. I don't care if its not fucking optimal, its beyond hand holding when you let someone mash into specials and supers, might as well let people mash to shoot 3s in 2k.

Daigo is more famous for his Pro-Mahjong career in Japan than his pro-gaming.

I thought you were joking, but it's apparently true.

It's unreal engine, minor updates always come out as multiple gigs since it's replacing a large amount of files.

This is why you have no buying power and companies cater to progressives

This combo can't work in an actual player match, because your assists would be on cooldown. You have them set to no CD in training mode.
You're also versing a bot who isn't responding, there were multiple points were someone could easily escape the juggle.

If that was true the combo counter would have turned blue.

its been that way sense the 90's user. They even made a move about Moral Kombat and Street Fighter 2.

No it is not mindboggling at all.

ArcSys made great games. Guilty Gear is a top of the genre fighter.
But people don't play it. They find it hard or complex and just quit shortly after going for something dumber like Street Fighter.

Then arcsys makes Blazeblue, which is by all means a simpler game, yet still with its own decent mechanics. Boom it is liked, but it is not a huge success either.

So now they are finally going after the casual crowd. After years of trying really hard to go big with the hardcore players, they are now trying it with the casuals.

This is entirely the fault of the players. Why the fuck didn't you play Guilty Gear you scrubs ?
Why the fuck are you playing garbage like Street fighter and modern mortal combat ?
Now when you see a competition and see two street fighters spaming hadooken at each other and the crowd cheering be sure that it is not the fault of the companies for plebs buying garbage.

Since this weekend was the EVO Japan, I thought we moved there until it dies for a new general with updated stuff
I still miss Launch in the anime, manga and the game too. First DLC batch looking to be only monkeys don't make me want to dip more. Maybe it's for the best so I can eventually sell my disc when a new updated version is released by ArcSys standards.

And the shill comes.
Who said anything about ONE match? Ruin their game again and again.
You don't know normalfags don't you?
Losing one match is enough for them to sperg about changing the game in some way that gives them all advantages.
Keep it up, and eventually the developer will change so much, that everyone will start abandoning the game.
The best part is, when normalfags abandon it, most of them will never go back to it in future sequels.

In DB Fighterz can I play on a team with other local players? This will actually determine if I buy the game since I want to be able to play on the same team with my room mate.

Now that's educational

You really are 14, aren't you?

Christ almighty a lot of people in this thread have no idea how much normalfags like fighting games.
Back when SF2 came out that was THE game every normalfag had for the SNES, and MK1 through 3 was THE game for normalfag genesis owners.

And don't forget how HUGE Tekken 3 was, its one of the top selling PS1 titles for a reason.

There was also a Tekken game, don't remember which one, that was insanely popular in arcades when it came out. It was the last arcade game I remember people caring about. I live in a medium sized town, we only had one mall arcade that had that machine, and it was always packed with people waiting to play and watching.
MvC1 and 2 too, I knew mahvel as the one fighter every single kid in school had years before I knew it as the competitive fighting game that attracted the most nigs.

But it's not garbage, in fact the only way it appeals to the masses is in it's DBZ skin

Chill out, shill.
You can't stop people from ruining the games for normalfags.

Probably Tag Tournament 1

I don't think you know what shill means.

this, and that it's Dragonball. Out of all places to understand this best, it should be you, the one reading this post. how many times have you all seen an audience clash? too many times. So they avoid it be appeasing, but thankfully this game did it massively better than Shit Fighter V.

Finally someone who has the balls to say it.

They are even worse than betas. Some of the fattest soyboy looking faggots are into RPGs. I cant believe I share the genre with such people. RPGC community is good in my book though.

opinion are not fact

Fuck you faggot. I'm not going to buy 20 copies of the same game to make up for the crowd that doesn't care for a niche genre of games. Most of the fighters I like are anime fighters anyway. Fighting games are niche and it's the DBZ label that gave it access to a huge crowd.

Not that it matters anyway. Look what happened when ArcSys got a little popular. The money went to their head and BB Cross Battle now has 20 DLC characters planned before the game is even released. Half a game at launch.

They may play a few of the most popular ones here and there like Tekken, SF, and MK but they won't stay with them for long. They provide sells but don't keep them alive.

DBFZ is definitely not a game for casuals. This game is harder than MVC3 since you can't just up back for free and if you don't know how to move you'll end up eating setups until you die. SFV is the most casual fighting game of all time.

like 90% of the posts in this thread are shills shilling for some stupid anime game holy hell

nu/v/ is two blocks down buddy

they gave casuals two anti-fireball buttons that basically solve the biggest scrub complaint about fightan. the setups are oppressive but the lack of true left/rights or tick throw setups or guaranteed incoming mixups make it nowhere near as punishing as mahvel.

gg is doing fine. it's healthy and stable online, competitively and in the arcades. would you rather have a dedicated, relatively high-level playerbase or 30,000 wifi gorillas?

i think the coop 3v3 mode only works on netplay sadly. i guess you could just hand off the controller between characters since each one is basically a new round

I don't see how this could be any harder than MvC3 to play or to manage yourself besides reflect not being as useful as pushblock.

Fighting games are for people with money

No matter how much you try to lower the executional skill floor casuals still won't be iinterested: The issue with fighting games to them is moreso an issue of mindset: They don't understand or like the fact that the replay value in a fighting game is from constant self improvement and trying to get better rather then from having tons of modes or characters and shit.

This is why they prefer the naruto games or dbz tenkaichi titles: They see tons of single player content and like 60+ characters and like that because they get to have "variety" at an easy cost. The idea that you play the same character and constantly try to improve, eat your losses, and get your replay value that way is unappealing.

This is why casuals gave up on/don't like DBFZ and Pokken despite them going out of their way to be more approachable. No amount of approachability is going to make up for a different mindset

It's still grab vs frame trap. It's just that you gotta be really sure they are just blocking if you want to throw them. I actually prefer this to something like Street Fighter where normal throws beat out normals sometimes. Throws are supposed to be used against blocking.

Debateable, i actually prefer it. Maybe coz I like KOF. You can still force incoming mixups by comboing into dragon rush force switch which alot of people are starting to do in the corner.

I prefer it this way, makes the game less luck based. If you want to instant kill everyone, might as well play divekick.
Not true, it only kills the basic projectiles. Theres beam teams and Frieza that can zone fine.

Same with Marvel, Melty Blood, Arcana Heart, those are definitely not casual games.

A point you're also missing is that there is no push blocking like in marvel, so you have to be much better at defending in DBFZ, you can't just send the opponent to the otherside for free.

I think it's more so to do with the 1v1 factor.

Popular multiplayer games are all team games, the player can always blame their "shitty" team mates for being stuck in "elo hell". In Fighting games, you can only blame yourself or the game.

i thought fighting games were all just button spamming frenzies

very true. what you guys are describing sounds exactly like what happened with Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. I kinda like it

As an actual fighting game casual, none of these games are simple enough anyway. Smash Bros is the only game to do it right. If you're going to make "real fighting games" you may as well make them for the enthusiasts, because they'll never be for me.

Fighting games have always had casual appeal you fucktard. The competitive side of the FGC doesn't account for the majority of its sales. Casuals love to mash buttons against each other and it's why games like Injustice and Tekken do so well because they're ostensibly the easiest-input, mash-friendly fighting games around. Go to any barcade where they have a Street Fighter cabinet and you'll see people playing against each other who don't even know any of the moves trying to beat each other up and having a blast. Oh wait, you can't do that because you have the social life of a tree stump and have never observed anyone else playing video games in the wild.

Tree stumps are usually surrounded by other tree stumps.

>tfw trying to git gud enough at fight games to have something in life that resembles friendship or socialization

Dragon Rush only works Ground-Ground, Air-Air. You cannot grab ground-air. Imagine GG with meterless airblocking and no AA airthrows. This is where DBZF is right now.

the problem is that dragon-rush is extremely generous with its tech window (very late, and you can press ANY button, not the throw button itself) and more importantly loses to s.dash and basically anything EXCEPT blocking.

So take GG, strip out IAD AA throws, make FD jumps meterless, and make FDB tick throws and impossible.

Additionally, this game also has a parry (and a good one that swats away anything), and there is crossup protection in this game.

the only viable mixup in this game is left/right.
you cannot open people up in this game currently.

oh, and new tech has been found that ruins all 50/50 setplay, makes this game like a broke GG AND a broke marvel

For most of those, I wasn't arguing that they were better or worse, just easier on casuals.

That game has plenty of complicated inputs. Akane, Saki, Kira, Fiona, Nazuna, and Elsa all have some touch to pull off supers compared to most modern games. Fiona's can OHKO but it requires timing that's so strict it's insane.

I mentioned that in the last sentence.

Any vid on said tech?

=it's not
Although it CAN look like that

You don't belong here, fuck off redditard.

Air throws, tech air throws, ground with ground, just like any other fighting game?? Metreless airblocking was also in SFA3 and Marvel. AA throws are character specific like in all games, and theres Android 16 for that.

i don't have a problem with this, throwing still works for me, you just gotta condition them better.

You can't throw mid airdash in GG even, metreless airblocking was in marvel.

Doing the parry is way harder than marvel push blocking.

no, like in any anime game, high lows are super deadly., IAD attacks are way faster than any capcom overheads.

neat, guess i'll be using Yamcha for my lockdown assist instead of Vegeta.

It's not about conditioning, it's about the opponent being able to react to the extremely lenient throw tech window. I'm able to get every 3s throw tech consistently, but this is through a read in their movement, the DBZF tech window works that you can do it on a reaction to the green bubble. Throw Tech window is about 24f.

That's slower than GG overheads lol.

This isn't marvel. The parry mechanic is way too powerful, it's a free reset anytime you use a fireball in a blockstring.

no, the parry is easy as shit.

See

The low tech - parry wakeup destroys all 50/50 games. Oh, and you cannot throw on the parry either!

All Arc needs to do is modify how generous the parry is (maybe put the neutral reset to half screen rather than nearly full screen), fix the low tech -parry ruining the 50/50 game, and make throw tech windows 19f, at the very least.

Persona auto combos never cost health it was just the flat super cancel cost that could be healed back if you didn't get hit. You'd also recover burst quicker with auto combos but since they were so unoptimal you normally wouldn't see them

I know people throw around meme spacing a lot, but holy shit man condense that shit.

Is this the dbz thread? I'm used to more directional commands rather than buttons for combos, but I like this better. Have to incorporate teleport cancels and "Z tags"? I need to memorize the glossary

no

I did some testing, and you can literally upback and BLOCK EVERYTHING. Dragon Rushing does not work. Jumping has complete crossup protection, so Vanish is useless. Only thing you can do is do 2L pressure in the corner because there's no chicken blocking in this game, as in the first 4fs of jump you cannot block.

This game makes me want a Nappa come back. If he ssj3 but remained bald and grew his mustache hella long I'd be hyped.