Kronus III server updates

March 31'st
Brand new vanilla WoW private server administered by Twinstar
Here's a list of people of importance for Twinstar. I don't know any of them enough to see red flags or not, so someone better mention it if they do. They have five different servers that range from vanilla to Cata. They appear to have originated from Central Europe, probably Czechoslovakia.
archive.is/fwUnK
The earliest announcement I found from their site is here: twinstar.cz/2011/11/10/if-tsdev-count-10-twinstar-cool-yourmoney/?lang=en
which would mean they've around for at least seven years, if not more. They appear to be well received by the general private server community.
kronos-wow.com/project-kronos-rules/
While these are for the standard Kronos server, they will probably be the same or similar for Kronos III.
Everyst server is kill, but Kronos got reasonably good reviews in past threads.
I am not. I am just shilling what promises to be a stable server that delivers the Vanilla WoW experience for zero dollarydoos a month.
They have done character auctions in the past.
twinstar.cz/2013/09/25/character-auction/?lang=en
It was a while ago, but the possibility that your character can be yanked is a real one, however slim. That said, it did happen at least once. If there's more fishy stuff, post it ITT, I only know about the character auction.
Alliance, of course. Orcs are niggers and tauren are aborigines drinking gasoline while having "muh visions."

Other urls found in this thread:

kronos-wow.com/kronos-team/
project-ascension.com/
project-ascension.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1033-the-ascension-guidebook-part-1-start-here/
us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/
strawpoll.me/15011652
forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14455
imgur.com/a/iW0Rk
kronos-wow.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you the autist who complained about everyst every single thread?

I am not that autist but I do know whom you are referring too.

Well okay. We're remaking Folly in Alliance, but it's early for these threads, we're two months away from the scheduled server opening.

True. I just like to hype it way in advance because I'm pretty excited for this server.

Team for Kronos server, the teams I linked for the other server didn't mention Kronos.
kronos-wow.com/kronos-team/

Kronos does have a cash shop ("donation" shop), but I can't seem to find a page for it, it may require a login to see. It sells things such as unobtainable mounts.

Yup, I see what you're talking about. $1.24 for 37.5 stars. About $100 for buying a level 60 character from the auctions, if you know a way to level to 60 really fast, or you just don't have the time to level a character. Around $30 for mounts, $15 for tabards.

I don't really want to invade your Kronos thread. BUT, anybody playing Ascession WoW here? It is a classless private server, basically, you can pick any skill you wish and build whatever character you wish. It seems pretty good so far.

Ascension is okay, it's more of an old school style MMO with the free for all anywhere PVP it has going on.

I personally play on the no risk server for the moment, to get a feeling of how good a build you can make. Rather not get ganked every 10 minutes with a shit build.

If the development doesn't go stale, I think it will be a really good alternative server in a couple of years. They already have the proof of concept, they just need to make a good game now.

Fun hope to see the originals back, can't wait for shit flinging from the previous guilds coming back.

I still remember your incessasnt shilling back on old nost, but hey at least you shits are open on how you keep the server funded, unlike the frogs and afterwards the ruskies who ran nost/elysuim and sold out to the chink farmers.

You WoW fags can't leave well enough alone, can you?

How is it to live thinking everybody is a shill?

who cares?

just stop playing already you addicts

Not the Folly I remember

Don't be like that Mordril.

Call me an autist next.

Me.

Honesty is important, and I don't want to mislead anons or make any unfounded promises about private servers. I don't officially represent twinstar or anything though, I just like vanilla wow for free.

Why didn't you listen, user?

I'm right here. Honestly If not for college I would be tempted this time to actually try alliance. The horde on everyst was fucking pathetic. The only ones who pvped at all were me and Nrb.

What if im new to WoW vanilla but played the retail version alot from cata to legion. Will there be people to help me and possibly a guild to join?

Definitely, one of the best moments of WoW is helping other players either by telling them how to play or doing them favours like tanking for them a dungeon (tanks are fucking scarce) etc. Instead of the retail shit where everyone doesn't need anyone except for raiding, vanilla is all about cooperations and building relationships to get shit done.

Which class are you going to pick, anons? I am still torn between Warrior and Shaman.

Being a degenerate addict is worse than just being an autist. Not only have you been sustaining kikery to fuel your addiction, you'll go running back to blizzard as soon as vanilla servers get made.
It would be better for everyone in the world if you just killed yourself.

Completely broken pathing in the open world and in every single raid to the point where it's unplayable. Constant server crashes despite only a 2k peak pop. GM's who would attentionwhore like retards in global chat.

It's an awful server. Chinks hope is bad as well but if you think Kronos is going to get any traction you're a literal brainlet subhuman.

i fixed your post OP, just for you

whatever

dont care

dont care, nobodies

dont care

dont care

dont care, probably because you are a fag

dont care

dont care

dont care

I do enjoy paying for things I could get for free. C'mon dude. If you're going to throw insults, at least be right with them.

The server does break at least once every couple days. Mark attention whores at least once a day, if that was something you actually minded you wouldn't post on Holla Forums . I haven't had any problems with pathing yet myself.

If you don't care, why did you post, you giant flaming faggot?

Would it be a good idea to have some sort of google spreadsheet or something where everybody lists in their primary chars?

It might help to see the actual guild makeup before having to actually make a character.

Obviously, we'll only start all this a few days before launch. This thread is way too early.

Nigger you're a crack addict, you'll sell your baby for a fix.

pics related are ascension

No Holla Forums guild will ever be as successful as . And in was a total failure after the shutdown of Nost, nobody there plays WoW anymore, so the few who did play made a normalfag guild to fill space until they were banned, so they moved to a server that recently shut down, and I have no idea what is doing now.
Are any of you guys lurking? Did you guys quit for good now?

They're reworking pathing for K3

I won't be playing directly with the lot of you retards but group with me for loot

I sometimes lurk the threads just to see how it's going. Haven't ruled out the possibility of coming back but that's a big if. After getting cucked by the Baguettes in regards to Blade of Eternal Darkness in Elysium I kinda just quit and lost interest.

t. Robochobo

Are we pretty much decided on Alliance?

always lurking

Memes aside, and OP seem to both be swinging Alliance.

Did you move to a new server or is it over until classic?

Going horde, if I wanna play as a human or a dwarf I can pick almost any other MMO out there

Classic is going to have toggles on it, meaning it's going to be retarded to have things one way over the other

Decentralized like yids at the moment. Some of our lads are giving up. I say as long as there are spergs to fuck with, the fight can rage on once again. It was necessary that we died for our people. But our spirit will rise from the grave and the World of Warcraft will know that we were right.

I say scatter into normalfag guilds to raid, help other anons into said guilds through cronyism we can make a chat channel to keep in touch ,avoid goycord drama by not using it or jacking a teamspeak server

==TREASURE?!== must be obtained

supreme

its ok I'm black

Ayy thats good to hear, if Holla Forums makes a decent guild on the server then we could all help each other. But im torn in between playing rouge or pally or mage im more into dps then tanks, also i wouldn't mind being in a disagreement where the guild could interact with each other or do you guys perfer teamspeak.

Me too.

Played on that fresh Kronos server that launched after Nost died. Fundamental class mechanics were broken for Warriors (rage and threat) and the dev's answer was along the lines of "even though every Warrior that played in vanilla can tell our values are completely off, the players will have to be the ones to prove that our shit's broken, not us".

The tuning of 5 man content was also a complete fucking joke. Elites inside instances were doing a quarter of the damage they should have been doing. I remember doing SM and not having to CC anything, even triple Monk pulls. I remember doing RFK and having the elites outside hitting for 150-170 and the dangerous melee mobs INSIDE hitting for 30-40 (battleguards or whatever, the armored quillboars). I remember the Dire Maul east/west bosses being a complete joke for fresh 60s in greens.

I also remember the server getting "ddos'd" and all the drama and bullshit that went with that. I think I remember someone saying the replacement hardware would've gotten there faster if the Kronos devs had walked to the other EU country to get it and walked back home to install or something equally silly.

And now the server is apparently a ghost town and has been a ghost town for months and months.

I'm also currently playing on Ares, another twinstar server. It launched in October 2017 and Kael'thas still isn't working properly. Server is also a fucking ghost town and is riddled with severe class bugs and has multiple encounters with extremely poor tuning or critical bugs. For example, a group with good synergy and 5 man heroic/badge gear can kill Curator before his first Evocate is done. A Kara geared group can kill Curator before the Evocate. Leotheras demons are based on aggro instead of being random. Etc, etc.

My point is: why the fuck should I play on a twinstar server when they've shown themselves to be incompetent?

Doesn't matter if they are reworking anything. A million other things were completely broken on that server. At this point any server that isn't working off of the Nost opensource core is a joke that should be dismissed without a second thought.

I mind all of these little things. And the little annoyances add up. There's no real alternative to this board. There are plenty of real alternatives to playing on the shitshow that is Kronos again.

In the months that I played there it was one of the worst private server experiences I've ever had. I have to assume you guys are just retarded shills who never stepped foot into BWL, because if you did you wouldn't even consider the server in a million years.

When's the last time you played. I'm curious since it may have been fixed, we don't know.

Outside Kronos the other servers are primarily slav centric and each server has their own dev teams IIRC.

Still doesn't excuse the attitude of the Kronos devs regarding GLARINGLY OBVIOUS, CLASS CENTRIC ISSUES. It's like if Warlocks couldn't create Soulshards or Druids couldn't shapeshift.

granted, I just want to know if that shit still exists. because the info I've seen so far is from K2's launch almost a year or so ago

Get that botnet shit out of here, give me mumble or give me death

We should just avoid that shit or use a fucking IRC to communicate. There's a IRC on steroids client called riot.im, basically just a IRC with a GUI and FREE as in freedom

Instead you can play as a green tribe nigger, a blue voodoo nigger, a furry cow or an edgy emo zombie.

At least I get to kill elves, as god intended

Always a good laugh to see alliance trannies try and describe horde races as if they aren't leagues more interesting than anything the alliance has to offer.

You seem to have issues user, want to talk it out?

Undertuned casual babby server, enjoy steamrolling through content half as easy as retail. Maybe you'll finally get to see Naxx, at least.
Don't forget that you can buy highly geared 60 characters on their website, now you don't even have to grind!

excuse me I'm a blue voodoo nigger

What are you going to play as? a midget or perhaps manlytears himself?

I say just join and shit post in chat, I'm gonna nestle in a guild on horde htat's ok and try to get other anons in or hopefully vice versa goycord is shit honestly, we're better off using custom chat channel in game

Hypothetically, if I were to try and recruit anons to play Vanilla EQ, should I try to make them go to
or

why not make a thread about it?

Hello infinity shill.

Pretty much

oh the irony

Fae, is that you? I'll be honest: I kind of want to raid with a full Holla Forums guild. If Kronos turns out to be bust, I'll have to suffer half/vg/ at this rate.

you're not going to raid with a full Holla Forums guild. Have you not paid attention

I'd rather play with normalfags

Remember folks,you need to to learn to just accept normalfags,because otherwise you'll never raid.
So it's completely fine to mingle with the shits that are what's wrong with vidya today,just so you can get that 1 piece of loot.
Because that's what vanilla is all about,the loot.
Reminder that every WoW thread turns to garbage always due to a few user's who just can't allow other user's to have fun amongst themselves,no we need to invite normalfaggots just so we can raid,or alternatively,infiltrate with malicious intent normalfaggot guilds and then through cronyism favor other user's that join.
All the while the normalfaggots tear themselves apart,because some notice the bias but because they don't have chat logs to back this up,they are dismissed as just being resenful over not being as (((lucky))) or (((hard-working))) for that piece of loot.

see

I only started playing with Everyst. I have paid attention, which is why I'll probably stop at Kronos. Though, if I don't make an effort, then I just ensure that I'll never be able to raid.

I guess I could try Reddit.

Hello newfag and welcome to a 8ch guild known for making people upset.

Heh. Looks like my kind of people. Whatever happened to that guild? I, too, only ever started with Everyst.

That really makes me wish I played while the Nost threads were up.

I bet you backed your GM in every instance possible,even when there weren't oposing arguements,even when it was an issue you strongly disagreed with him on, hoping,praying,senpai would notice you on the next raid,but he never did, did he?

Damn looking at riot.im it looks and works well, are you sure we can trust them? Im already aware of disagreement being in bed with Chetnet so i dont post anything private on there.

Also what else does disagreement do thats bad?

sup fam.

Burn out and internal circlejerks tore the guild apart.

Frankly I'm against any long term group for shit like this becaue it breeds insular autism

You can opt out of any form of analytic and the entire thing is free as in freedom and free as in free beer. The only thing is the VOIP feature is very rudimentary and doesn't support a lot of stuff yet, it's bare bones and there is talks of them improving on it.

Unlike goycord you can't have one room with multiple channels, riot.im is basically a IRC chat client on steroids. So each room is a IRC channel, you can make multiple but you have to invite people to each one

Personal favorite of mine was one time we went to Refugee point and I was left in my own little raid group to wrack up a fuckton of DKs from killing civs and vendors. I get a series of tells from one asspained alliance fag who made an alt just to whisper me and said some cold steel level shit like "I have 60s who will camp you for days"

I wish I had those screenshots

Fucking kikes are only active when shit is against them.

Classic wow will be a mistake.

I'd play with you fellas again but the latency on that french server was fucking miserable.

It has a established audience you cuck, it may not profit much but it won`t flop

Kronos is slav

If anything we have some form of classic the private server scene can leech off of to build their shit better

Isn't this like the fifth classic WoW server that 8/v/ plays on
Just stop

I haven't played since I think Zeth'kur

All I know is the last attempt was an autism fest with two sides shitting on each other and the threads ending up on permabump lock.

Frankly I won't be rolling with any 8ch guilds since I wanna get gear.

Here is whats going to happen you fuck-faggot,

Or

Its going to flop in that its not going to make blizzard enough money.

Slav, French, It's all on the other side of the moon. Shit for pvp.

get better internet

M….Mate?
I missed you man

That is wrong you mongoloid, any attempt to give new mechanics to the vanilla server will only hurt the retail numbers as it divides the playerbase, Blizzard will essentially make two different games so they retain both demographics and I still believe they will eventually add a seasonal gameplay of some sorts, similar to diablo 2/3 and POE: They will have vanilla servers that reset after a few months so guilds can race content, the biggest hook vanilla and a mimicry of the server hopping dynamic.

updated models (I think you forget just how much crap was still using shitty placeholder models in vanilla) and basic things like mail and macro improvements is hardly going to destroy the playerbase

No one is going to seriously say, "Godammit! Sylvanas isn't just a nightelf in a SFK robe anymore, and I can add items to the mail box by right clicking them! How dare Blizzard!"

Can't break the laws of physics m8. It takes time to hop between everyone's back yard as it makes its way across the world and back.

ayy

And then it all spirals down to "let's get transmog in vanilla too. It won't change the gameplay! Just use a toggle option!"

It's time to let it go anons. Play another fucking game.

and then you realize QoL changes are good, really makes you think

your either playing on shitshope or just waiting for blizzard to fuck up classic theres no point in playing these low pop private server that die in less than a week, dont be fooled by these shills

Maybe God's trying to send you a message.

Great, another server that will end up DMCA'd hours after getting online.

Sounds pretty fun. Haven't tried it out yet but the whole FFA world PvP and design your own class progression stuff makes it more appealing than regular WoW.

project-ascension.com/
project-ascension.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1033-the-ascension-guidebook-part-1-start-here/

Because you niggers reroll on a new server every fucking month and expect people to go with you. What's the fuck of playing autismo grinder only to start over every few months, eh?

they have a least 1.5K pop and people are leaving elysium and Light's hope for it since Kronos and twinstar are fairly clean compared to the other two

That's mostly because some retard has a high ping on one server and by high I mean more than 80ms latency so they find a meme server and shill it fracturing shit. just like you're doing now

Meant to say: What's the fucking point of playing autismo grinder only to start over every few months, eh?

Ascension WoW is a different beast since it's very intentionally not Blizzlike. Does anyone know where to find the talent trees etc. to learn Ascension WoW's build system?

The thing is though it's a different server and causes fracturing because now instead of everyone focused on one server there's a group of people playing another server

and there will no doubt be a loud retard who gets banned after being a nigger in world chat and demands we leave kronos because that's also I thing.

I need to get good

I'm sure there's some builds floating around, but you might have to suck some dick if they aren't.

Don't bother. Last I played they patched out anything remotely fun and powerful within a week.

Thing about WoW is it's more about abilities and armor than it is skill. and Ascension has a literal cash shop doesn't it?

Come play with us on horde side of Gummy's relaunched server, we need more anons.

Yes and yes, but to just go out and ban builds for "being overpowered" on a server specifically designed to let you make overpowered shit is just retarded.

can't you faggots just take a break from banilla instead of playing on a shitty broken undertuned meme server for once? at least everyst made since because it was chink free, based on nostcore, and wasn't run by a complete kike

So is lightshope still a thing?
I miss raiding with long and the guild.

Kronos is chink free too.

Again WoW isn't really skill based it favors gear and ability builds than it does player skill.

Light's Hope is Elysium with a different name, just the people selling gold to the chinks is different.

Fool me once shame on you…

I understand that sentiment and that's what we aimed to avoid on Everyst granted everyst died before it ever became long term.

b-bbut its better this time

Who said it's better? We're just addicts.

gonna roll an orc hunter in k3

see you faggots there

I never did give back those bags to the guy on Everyst, sorry about that.

I'm going balls-to-the-wall warrior.

exquisite taste

Stopped playing WoW for good a year ago, still lurking and seeing those retarded attempts to make guilds on servers that are dead on arrival after some weeks.

t. That mapache retard who never managed to get to lvl 60

Did you ever get your turtle named Jeb?

Baha. Well, at least she's trying to be a good big sister. Can't wait for current year thinking to end though so that people quit thinking racism is blasphemy.

Not from what I saw in the threads I had shown to me.

See old infinity was fun because we did shit like that. I forget which server but Cattlest and I spammed world chat with bad erotic fan fiction. The screamms to stop were everywhere

If I roll a fury warrior for end game, am I going to be asked to put points in prot and offtank or will there be a chance to go full dps or will that happen at a certain raid (warriors are terrible without gear but which gear?)

Shit is going down at the classic forums. The guy got banned and now people are making other threads supporting him. Could this be WoW's version of the Tortanic?

You probably won't be forced to tank until Naxx unless literally everyone else is trying to go fury. Most people would rather have orcs or tauren be the tank.

Anyone even considering giving Blizzard money is beyond saving. I really hope I'm wrong though and this is the beginning of the end for them.

Oh, I can't imagine so. If they're still playing retail by this point, they've pretty well got the old Stockholm Syndrome and will likely continue to support Blizzard regardless of what Blizzard does to then, excepting a few cases.
One would hope the end is coming though.

You should have read the classic forum on their site it's a shitshow.

They're already looking to lose people because they're adding toggles. And with toggles it'll end up where it's going to be retarded to not have it set one way over the other

That's how you know it's shit.

Emphasis on spam, most of it happens in barrnes anyways where no one is actually going to report you

So don't be a retard and run into the general and global chat channel screeching "I HATE NIGGERS".

There's always this one or two retards that takes personal offense to this and I have to wonder if they're so socially inept that they probably do that shit in real life and end up looking like a weirdo loser as a result.

Be sublte and keep that shit to the group chat, there's more than one way to piss people off.

Huh I thought it died.

Isn't Lights hope the reddit guild?

More like

ded

I dont see any 60s but me in the guild man.

I never heard anything about reddit with it.
I just know Elysium split and everyone left that server for lightshope, while characters could be transferd from elysium to lightshope.

Adding toggles? What? I've been out of the loop.

Toggles? You mean dual specs?

They are taalking about the idea of whether they should add toggle options for updated graphics etc. Some talk is going on about infastructure or some shit and some are even mentioning the possibility of it running on the same Legion engine or structure or whatever. Either way, shit is fucked up if a group of nobodies were able to make private servers how come can a big kike company like Blizzard not make one?

This shit is going to flop. They will add shit in it and change it, retail kids will stop playing by lvl 10-20, and the intended audience will go back to private servers. Knowing that there is no way in hell Blizzard can actually make a decent vanilla experience, the private servers scene will flourish even more with people giving the middle fingers to blizz.

Unless Blizzard goes full kike and shuts it all down. Literally all they needed to do was give Nostalrius their blessing and maybe integrate it into Battlenet for extra shekels. They are beyond paranoid if they think a success private server actually hurts them.

Just did my first Ony run.
Suprisingly short and easy. I thought it'd be a lot more difficult.

You were the biggest autist in those threads, you were the one starting shit every single time. Are you a fucking child? You fuck up and then blame others.

It's rather astounding that anyone ever thought she was hard and I'd love to have been there the first time people entered the raid.

fuck off tranny, take your shitty Folly guild and go back to retail

You can spec for full fury but you will be expected to build a tank set and off-tank occasionally unless you can bully all the other fury warriors into that role.

It's literally been done a million times. If not more. Also, if you did it on Kronos she was probably doing half the dmg she was supposed to do, because that's how Kronos is tuned.

It was on Lightshope, I guess a raid knowing what to do would make it easy.

AQ was released quite recently so the server pop spiked up again. I'm just glad I actually got to do it once. Since I never got the chance in 2004

Just remember the golden rule of AQ40: the tanks should not wear NR gear on Huhuran.

Nobody did AQ in 2004 because it didn't release until 2006. :^)

From what I have been shown told and heard basically the guild on Light's Hope was headed by people willingly taking in normalfags so they could raid, some drama happened where anons were getting loot preference over the normalfags and for some inexplicable reason people weren't ok with using goyim to get them gear

The guy who got the piece of gear that caused the drama wasn't an user.

Ah yeh I know of normies getting in, but they got bullied hard if they act out of place.

Such as no loot from raids if they kept being a faggot. I think another issue with this is that people talked behind the guild leaders back despite he worked hard to make sure it was all organised and made the raiding a reality. So he just stopped playing since he was given shit despite he was doing shit for his guildies.

Funny enough it was a guildie complaining about it.

just look at the state of these forums
us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/
there are a lot of trolls now

Literally all they'd have to do is make "true classic" and "new classic" servers to milk each cow differently but no. They can't be assed to put any effort into it at all. Blizzard suffers pretty badly from "one size must fit all" syndrome.

Honestly this is all too depressive, otherwise it would be a great chance to have some laughs

Blizzard is already lukewarm about the whole idea of splitting playerbase, I don`t think splitting even more would be a solution, too bad because QoL changes do have some merits but reddit and literally insane people too attached to retail will always poison the well when legit discussion has to be made.

If you're saying transmogs should be in Vanilla you should probably fuck off back to retail and stay there.

I don't think it would split the playerbase enough to make any sort of difference as some of these private servers have been able to get populations that are over 2 to 5 times what any retail realm would've allowed back in the day. Of course, that was never really their worry in the first place. They just want to create a false dichotomy that boxes the player into picking one of two of the easiest choices on Blizzard's part, player opinion be damned. What they seem to have forgotten thanks to chinks and gooks with no concept of games other than the shit their government lets them play is that there actually are some people out there who won't put up with this shit.

Felmyst is alive?

Shiet user, even the most popular vanilla server could barely break 10k on peak hours on early weeks, that`s counting chinks. I would say a retail vanilla would get maybe 20k peak without chinks, after the initial hype, and I am being very very generous. It isn`t that many players really but then again I don`t know how much a server cluster on retail get these days.

Now the real kicker is that blizzard really values "playing with friends", I am fucking sure they did some market research about player retation some years ago, that`s what motivated all that integrated battlenet shit to begin with, fuck they even added it to original sc, HELL they have a option where their system literally pick possible friends for you to play with. Seeing playerbase splitting with these lens really makes the whole issue a lot more simple, and on my opinion all this shitfest is plain old ineptitude, they got lazy and tone deaf after so many years on top, probably hired the most submissive programmers they could find and had the creative process on the hands of just a few knucleheads and focus groups, now nobody on top understand vanilla so they are a body without a head.

If they really valued playing with friends they wouldn't charge for server transfers. This is all about keeping control out of the player's hands so that they can be more easily kept in line and milked. Hell, you could argue the entire "themepark" design of post EQ MMOs in general was made exactly for this purpose.

It's normalfag, normie is the reddit approved version since "faggot" is a no-no word to them.

highly doubtful from the fact I heard you retards went and built a 3rd goycord to hang with them

I'm gonna hop on K1 and check something. If not I'm probably gonna try and convince the devs to put in low level chatting

and Kronos gets a pass in my book, no retarded ass chat channel restrictions.

Come K3 launch we'll be able to talk in chat. See you fags there

I am looking forward to Kronos 3 but what about the scripting and the mob values for dmg/hp etc? Is it really horrible as others claim?

A lot of the people talking about it haven't played since we tried it out back during early nost. Or K2 which was at least 2 years ago now

It is, or at least was, downtuned but not nearly as terribly as people claim and the quests worked better than they did on Nostalrius. Don't know how that's changed since summer and fall of 2016 though.

last I checked a lot of stuff was scripted that not even nost core has, like the escort Q out in desolace

Escorts and class quests in general seemed to be borked on Nostalrius.

also a lot of their tuning is just different than nost, which people keep copying.

I leveled polearms on nost by using ranged attacks. I know full well how broken nost was

Wasn't it glancing blows that were bugged on Kronos causing raids to kill bosses a lot faster than on Nostalrius/Elysium/Light's Hope?

They didn't seem to work right on any server because Warriors in particular were doing way more damage than they ever did on retail.

From what I've learned nost had glancing blows value at 315 and people accepted it as the norm despite there's supposedly no documentation of the actual values. I don't know everything 100% on the situation and it seems to be giving a run around on their about.

Worst case is we fall for the meme again and get burned out. They are hwoever promising lots of fixes and overhauls for K3 that will be added to K1 so there is also that

No fursuits?

I like to remind people that the Chinese eat dogs and Jews did 9/11 in world chat. Everyone already knows all there is to know about niggers anyways.

I'm a simple man, but I have a few pleasures.

And then you get banned.

I mean shit last time I got whispered by a GM was on nost and it was for spamming NIGGA cross faction, I replied with "it's ok I'm black" the second he contacted me

That being said subtle or try to find a time when GMs might not be on and go balls to the walls for a bit

I saw the screenshot. What a bunch of cucks.

Eh. Getting bent out of shape is the wrong way to handle it. I actually laughed at the ban screen when it came up.

If you act pants on head retarded prepare to get the consequences. That being said again just gentle subtle shitposting works.

Also be thankful pottu isn't a GM on kronos

My soul is still crushed by Gummy
But If we go Alliance for vanilla, I'm willing to roll pretty much anything except rogue, mage, or druid
That includes warrior if you lads are short on them
[cries in Prot Paladin]

Also roll whatever, just remmeber to link up with anons and subvert guilds for raiding

Little poll to see whether anons itt are leaning more towards horde or alliance, mostly for curiosity's sake.
strawpoll.me/15011652

You're ride's over mutie. Time to die

Frankly just roll either faction, sell out faggots on each side or fight each other and shitpost in the threads.

Also

I got to thinking

If we're having people play both factions, hows about a book of grudges so both sides can target and hunt down faggots within the two factions.

Basically people who like to whinge and whine. Possibly even lead them into traps

Love it, and I fully endorse it. Probably the best idea I've ever heard on this board, not even joking.

What was faction balance like when Kronos 2 was still around? Their site is saying 2/3 Alliance which just sounds terrible for a PVP server.

You have to remember, right now K1/2 is on 1.12 and on farm now. People are more or less raid logging

Best part was the epihany that you could put doomguards on a flight path, they'd be strong enough to perma-kill the flight master, and insta-gib anyone that immediately landed on their geared main to white knight the lowbies

good times

Even if it's short like I said the best idea is to avoid the goycord BS, for factions stick to the chat channel 8ch

that way the fags more interested in raiding can get on good raid guilds and pull in other anons so they have people to level and dungeon with. a 8ch guild isn't going to work in the long run. We'll go our own ways, meet up if we can and build a book of grudges.

I mean that's what we eventually did with Infinity. We had a grand total of maybe ~25 people that were raid ready but a lot of Europoors so we couldn't agree on a raid time. By the time ZG came out, we filtered out to different guilds, friended each other, had a separate chat channel. We organized our own events and got each other into different raiding guilds that way

So I'm not sure what class to roll.
On the one hand I did enjoy being a tank and always being able to find groups for instances right up until raids where nobody would take somebody from outside their guild unless they were full BiS.
Also somebody on everyst told me that lock + engi has lots of dickhead potential even if it isn't the most dangerous
are a lot of people going to go this route?
is lock a pain in the ass to level?

I wonder who could be behind this post

pick whatever.

locks are ok to level, not retard mode like warrior.

Locks are niche, aren't they? As in, they're not played often? Most of the time that I heard raids looking for dps it was a lock more often than other classes.

Locks aren't quite up there (well, if you're in a lulzy mood, you actually can play tanklock -> go soul link and use voidwalker pet, then spam searing pain for godlike 2x aggro, or hellfire for aoe aggro, you can also prebuff yourself with an imp's fire shield to maintain better aggro; actually prepare yourself to OT as Warlock in dungeons - I find myself using Searing Pain to pull mobs that aggro'd the healer or mage a lot), but they're still popular in groups because you can soulstone the healer for wipe protection and hand out healthstones (which everyone will likely forget to use as they die). You mention that shit and you get a slot easily enough.

Lock + Engi does have a lot of asshole potential and it is fucking dangerous (although so is Tauren 30/0/21 Ele Shaman Engineer). Going horde is a must if you want to play a Warlock in vanilla though. You just don't want to go up against Tremor Totem and WotF when your only CCs are Fear and Seduce. If you want to maximize dickhead potential with consumables though, you should prolly nab alchemy too, on an alt or shit. There are too many fucking great PvP potions (Swiftness Potion, Restorative Potion, Free Action Potion, Limited Invulnerability Potion, Living Action Potion, Invisibility Potion, etc.) and people overlook the value of elixirs too (Catseye Elixirs + Felhunter Paranoia is good for spotting Rogues, and Catseye Goggles from Engineering + Paranoia is even better, but go all 3 and stealth is a joke before your eyes because you have +58 stealth detection so even if they come from behind you will see them; also poison resistance elixir has a 3 sec cd and instantly removes your poison debuffs). If you plan on raiding endgame, Tailoring/Engineering is the best combo for pre-raid BiS because you can get 3piece bloodvine tailoring set plus bloodvine goggles from engineering. In that case leveling as mining/engineering and switching to tailoring in the end is recommended (leveling as tailoring competes against leveling first aid, and first aid is king, so just buy the cloth off AH at 60).

If you are playing Horde lock you have two options: Undead or Orc. Orcs are good for one fucking reason only, and that is 25% chance of resisting stuns. It is unreliable but it will randomly fuck over Rogues, Warriors, and Engineers trying to gank you and hand you a win. Stunlock rogues in particular hate ganking Orcs because with that many stuns a resist is just going to happen sooner or later. Undead is good for fucking over Alliance side Priests and Warlocks. I like Orc just because Rogues and Warriors are a much bigger threat to Warlocks.

Yes, if you're an idiot who tries to kill mobs 1 by 1 and then stops for water breaks. Not at all, if you're good. The secret to Warlock grinding is that you should grind multiple mobs at the same time with DoTs (imp tanks 1, you tank another, DoT both), then you'll fear a mob (or fear juggle 2 - ie. fear one mob while another is running back to keep both running in circles) who is DoTted while you tank yet another mob, then you collect Voidwalker who can tank 2 while you fear juggle 2 and tank another 1 and DoTs kill everything.

Also, skill the fucking shit out of first aid asap so you can bandage up after fights. Bandage + Life Tap is how Warlocks roll (add Cannibalism maybe if you're Undead). Food & water are for suckers and when you're scared of running out of bandages. If you talent 2/2 Improved Drain Soul for leveling you will also regen mana post-fight no problem. It's not really necessary, but it helps.

Warlocks grind fucking fast that way.

Warlocks are typically the least popular class on Alliance. The presence of UD rogues with PvP trinkets makes it not worth it.

Only stayed for banter

Just to be clear on some shit: Engineer asshole potential with Warlocks is pretty simple. Bombs and Net-o-Matic can set you up for some prermium time to just drop big blasts on enemies. Goblin Rocket Boots and Gnomish Rocket Boots are also great for adding a sprint to your squishy caster (get both, goblin boots are faster and have lower cd but they occasionally break, gnomish are slower and have higher cd, but they both have separate CDs so rotate them). Discombobulator Rays give you a fun slow and they should dismount enemies in vanilla. If you have Dark Pact (31 affliction), you can DP a Gnomish Mind Control cap ally out of all his mana before the cap wears off. Fun times. Gnomish Cloaking Device also gives you a fun invis to abuse in PvP (combine with invis pot to confuse the shit out of people, and yes you can use both invis as a "vanish"). Goblin Mortar gives you an AoE long-distance stun that does not break on damage. Reflector trinkets are rather unnecessary for Warlocks, but the Shadow Reflector can clinch fights against Warlocks and Shadow Priests if you're not Undead (if you are, it's just overkill). In addition to that the pets can really frustrate enemy casters (Curse of Tongues + pet attack + engineering pets = lol you're not casting shit). Goblin Rocket Helm also gives you a charge that automatically saps an enemy, setting them up for a quality Curse of Elements + Trinket + Soul Fire combo. Oh, Recombobulators share a CD with your Healthstone, so don't use them unless it's group PvP and you want to remove polymorphs from allies. I already mentioned the combination of Catseye Ultra Goggles with Felhunter paranoia for spotting rogues, I think. The shit works and it's legit painful to rogues to get ganked out of stealth at a distance by locks. There's also a few more things like the flame and ice deflectors giving you free damage shields out of your inventory without sharing a cooldown with potions or other engineering shit. There's also arcane bombs if you fucking hate casters (and you hate money, that shit costs bank) and you want to destroy them, but you're already playing a Warlock. Oh, by the way, in PvP Warlock Spellstones are really underrated. They provide giant damage shields and they dispel all the magic debuffs on you. Just don't use them against priests or shamans who can purge your shield, unless you really need to remove some debuffs.

And if you switch from Mining/Engineering to Tailoring, obviously you should give up Mining and just get your crafting materials from the AH.

As far as I can tell the servers merged and the faction balance is more or less like what Kronos 1 was originally, just a lot worse for no real discernible reason. I don't think raid farming is really the answer.

part of the answer. I can't remember the faction balance on K1 when it first launched

Once Shadow Wrath gear becomes available, Warlocks become the easiest and fastest class to level by a large margin. You kill mobs with Immolate > Corr > CoA > SL and the rest of your time is spent juggling feared mobs, voidwalker aggro and looting corpses. Before Shadow Wrath gear is implemented, they're still a really solid choice, especially on PvP servers.

To add to this: Improved Drain Soul helps quite a bit if you have Spirit since the talent is based on mana regen rather than a percentage of your mana like it is in later expansions.

Spellstones are god tier in PvP. They completely fuck over every class other than Hunter/Rogue/Warrior. There's a macro that lets you equip max range spellstone > use max rank + equip second highest rank > use second highest rank > equip third highest rank > use third highest rank. In prolonged fights, that shit will make casters cry. And prolonged fights happen pretty often as a Warlock if you're Soul Link.

Spellstones are also stupidly useful for soloing caster mobs or anything that relies heavily on dots other than bleeds. I should also point out that imp drain soul won't proc if your pet gets the kill.

okay so lock sounds pretty fun and Im sure affliction is best for leveling but what about after that?
I guessing destro?

I'm no expert but improved healthstone and the one that gives your pet more mana were great soloing and in groups. I don't think I ever used any destruction spells outside of immolate and shadowbolt with the instant proc you get in affliction.

I probably should've pointed out that those are in the demonology tree.

If we didnt have a guild but still wanted to chat with other anons.
Maybe it would be a lot more convinient to have a chatroom to use like /join infinity

strictly make it used for people that actually belong here. or a way to check back on the community without having to see if a guild is dead.

Does this seem like a general good idea that everyone should go with when we find a new fresh server?

already covered that

/join 8ch

come on step it up

By the way, Paranoia + Catseye Ultra Goggles (ffs hide your helmet when wearing these) + catseye elixir is still fucking useless if the Rogue enjoys prevanishing for the gank, since Vanish gives an unholy stealth bonus that cannot be seen through even if you stack all the stealth detection bonuses in the game. Against good rogues who do this shit, Felhunter is the most worthless pet.

I honestly never used Improved Drain Soul on my Warlock. Didn't need it with Bandages, Life Tap, and out of combat regen. You especially don't need it if you went Demonic Sacrifice or you're going herb/alchemy (just a Troll's Blood elixir on top of Demon Skin/Armor will regen you pretty nicely early on, even without pots). Still, it helps.

If you want super grindspec: forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14455

Bear in mind leveling spec can be fail if you get WPvP a lot. In that case you might want to go Soul Link spec or shit.

Pet mana is the most worthless fucking talent really. Improved Voidwalker is usually a popular talent for grinding since it drastically improves pet aggro and it makes the giant fucking clutch shield (Sacrifice) even bigger.

I haven't played WoW in over seven years and I've been getting the itch pretty strongly lately. Is now a good time to hop onto a private server? It seems like there's some server fuckery going on but it also seems like there's always fuckery going on.

I haven't played recently but I'd imagine with the announcement of an official server there won't be as many Blizzcucks playing which should overall dramatically improve the experience.

wait for K3.

There is always fuckery with private servers, ALWAYS.

Incidentally, there's a Luffa trinket that removes bleeds. It's a quest reward. Other non-magic DoTs included curses (which Warlocks sadly cannot remove without purification/restorative potions) and poisons (poison resist elixir should do the trick, or a trinket, or the first aid poison-removing item - elixir is best though). Oh, and Spellstones also remove all friendly magic buffs, so be careful there. IIRC soul link cannot be purged this way because you need to purge the pet, not the Warlock.

Go play Guild Wars 1 instead. WoW private servers are pretty much fucked (unless you like the high pop of Light's Hope aka Elysium) and the game is mostly a ridiculously dragged-out grindfest.

I recently rolled on shitshope and its pretty garbage. The uber high pop means you have to fight tooth and nail for every quest vs 10 other players to complete. Every zone is a gankfest on top of that due to extreme overpopulation so good luck leveling. The player base is mostly trash with poor players and pushy chinese players everywhere. No sense of community either due to the over pop.
Official servers were never like this so its a pretty poor representation of what official vanilla wow was like.

book of grudges sounds like a decent name for a guild.

fuck off freshcuck no one cares about your tears

What are you, kikes?

This thread is dedicated to a fresh server, nigger.

You seem pretty butthurt over a trash server, which is really just a front for a gold selling operation by corrupt admin staff.

imgur.com/a/iW0Rk

i'm considering playing when K3 releases, but only if the dungeon mobs etc are accurate. somene in the thread posted that the mobs did much less damage and had less health etc than the originals; anyone know if this is still the case or has been fixed? not gonna play if the dungeons are filled with ez mode mobs.

I can't find any info on changes aside from some PVP related stuff so I'd imagine not.

I want people to give me some questions and I'll slap a thread down on their site to try and get some answers

Guild won't work since we're too spread thin. Again I'm advising anons that want to raid to find normalfag guilds and try and worm other anons in. Use these threads and the 8ch channel on either horde of alliance to coordinate

Rules of nature

Stopped reading there

i just downloaded the 1.12 client and am gonna try the current kronos out, so i'll know in a few days if the dungeons are ez mode or not i suppose. (i'm neet so infinite level time).

sage for doublepost, but i'm still gonna play the new K3 when it comes out assuming the dungeons are 1:1, or atleast close.

Well the thing is, according to the devs a lot of overhauls are in the works to be released on K3 and to be patched into K1/2

This is why I don't think doing that is a good idea.

Off the top of my head I have

oh, alright then. in that case, i guess we'll see.

How did they screw up rage generation? I haven't played a warrior on any private servers.

I dunno but I remember hearing about it

Then again a lot of this information is from early on in Krono's life so I dunno if it's been fixed

i just went through the forums and the changelog, and it appears that there were some issues with weaker dungeon mobs in the past but they've been mostly fixed, according to one of the admins they had to be fixed on an individual basis tho so i guess it just took some time. so yeah count me in for K3, i'll prolly go with a priest, unsure which faction tho.

kys

Meh, I'm completely burned out when it comes to grindy mmos. Never again. That said, I had a lot of fun twinking in WoW (before blizz killed it and I quit the game forever). I'd certainly like to play my lvl 60 female tauren survival hunter twink again. Or my lvl 49 female tauren arms warrior twink. Or my lvl 39 female tauren resto druid twink. I spent so much time in the battlegrounds, holy shit. Fuck everything else in this game. I was a guildless BG autist. I had the conqueror title on more than one character.

I am a little nostalgic for those times, but it's not worth the grind for me. Maybe if WoW went f2p and they removed exp in BGs, I'd reinstall. But I'm not leveling from scratch again on some shitty private server.

come play for a bit. If not for the shitposting and fun that comes with it. I know Kronos lets people twink by turning off exp gain so you can be that perma 19 twink

really hate their run animation though

Twinking at 19 is for scrubs. 29 is pushing it. I only ever had twinks at 39, 49, and 60. And I didn't minmax for maximum power. My 39 druid was a squishy healer in cloth. The 49 warrior didn't use insignia and got shat on by frost mages. The 60 hunter had tons of stamina but relatively low dmg. I wasn't one of those invincible 19 rogues or 29 hunters.

The only thing I ever hated about being a female tauren was when there was a new pvp zone where you spawned inside a tower, and I couldn't fucking exit the damn tower because the female tauren model didn't fit through the door. Literally only affected the females.
I_bet_the_patriarchy_did_this.jpg

Enjoy being unable to kill any rares or get any chests or farm any worthwhile mats because the chinks on shit'shope have it on lockdown and the GMs are complicit in the goldselling.

It's less of a shitshow on Darrowshire, (same private server) but its pve and has like ~800 players, roughly 1/5th that of Light's Hope

Fuck off Pony Fag, nobody likes you.

He's right in terms of OC and whatnot first incarnation of infinity was solid in terms of members. The problem is you can't really call yourself an 8ch guild if you're letting in normalfags and people from ooutside 8ch.

This is why I'm for not condensing autism in one guild, but break it up and focus it for shit like ganksquads.

The 19 bracket is pretty much about who has more twinks, as it 29, to a lesser extent. Once you get into higher brackets, it becomes a bit more skill-based, since twinks become less common and the stat difference between lower level players and higher level players becomes less glaring.

I remember that movie. It was pretty good.
Normalfaggots are fine for running crap with, but in terms of socializing, who else would you rather socialize with than your fellow anons?

Okay, but if I am playing this I'd rather be in a guild with anons while I level to 60 than being in a normalshits guild. Playing alone is preferable than that.

right now i'm messing around on K1 since K3 is 1.7~months away. last night in worldchat there was a debate about the jews and only one person got offended, the rest laughed or just stayed calm and discussed. i was pleasantly surprised.

Kronos always had better world chat than Nostalrius and Chinklysium though it wouldn't surprise me if they cracked down more when 3 launches.

our war game is a good OVA, the EN dub of digimon got fucked by them renaming digimon and the stages for no reason and basically the typical western thing of scrubbing anything japanese from the show.

probleem is you'll find that guild dead quickly. I dunno if you've ever played with the 8ch guild before but it ends up in circlejerking and people who hit 60 first tend to leave to find raiding guilds

Thats why we should have /join 8ch a thing so we have oour own private chat channel.

not only scrubbing nip stuff, they flat out shortened the english digimon movie by a huge margin, tons of plot stuff got cut out, way beyond just a few cultural scenes.
anyway, on K3 i'm most likely gonna go priest or lock, no idea which faction yet tho.
i'd be willing to give an 8ch guild a shot, if it ends badly then oh well.

Yup. Personally, I think the 49 bracket was the best.

Makes sense, considering that's about the point every class has all of their defining abilities, has plenty of talent points to make at least a decent build, and gear isn't completely lopsided to favor the top-end of the bracket.

Problem is if we do a 8ch guild no goycord, and if we need a voip we either scrounge up a dead vent/TS server and inhabit that or use a temp mumble server service I know about.

Some ground rules I think need to be laid out

I can think of a few more but these two here are going to be needed

those rules sound good to me. i usually avoid voip anyway due to listening to loud music while playing.

well VOIPs are needed for raids

From what I know and heard they lied about their pop and a server that small has to mean someone here was a shill for them.

That being said what we have so far is

I really do like the book of grudges. Good way to cull out faggots and consolidate general user power.

You're full of shit. Every thread was complaining about the low population.

No as in even the numbers being reported were a lie. IIRC in their closing statement they outright said it.

It's also a good way of picking out ez targets for ganks as well ass banter

Nice.

wouldn't it be easier to just start an 8/v/ guild, or perhaps one guild on each faction, instead of this 'subverting the normalfags' shit?

As an orc warrior who wants to get a great wep once I ding 60, should I farm mats for Arcanite Reaver or should I farm rep for the Unstoppable Force? And what is the best wep for dmg? I know that being an orc 5+ axe skill is great, but will that and the 60+ AP make it worth it over the unstoppable force? I am also aiming to raid just so I can get gear and wreak havoc in pvp.

The spear from the quest for completing AV is comparable, with its biggest downside is the lower top end damage. The reaper's mats are way too grindy for me personally and I'd imagine it would be easier and cheaper to just farm up the rep for UF instead. If you want to farm mats for any 2h, get Nightfall instead. It'll guarantee you a raid slot.

Is going to be renamed for Kronus, or are you planning to keep the name? I'll be joining you guys. For now, I'm leaning towards nelf druid with engineering. I might also go priest or pally, but I don't want to play as a dorf.

As for joining normalfag guilds, I can think of some reasons - mostly trolling related. For one thing, it's harder to crack down on all of us if we're spread out. The collective trolling is less obvious as opposed to gaining infamy as a guild. Another reason would be for ninja-looting, more guilds = more guild runs = more opportunity to ninja loot. You're also not competing with fellow anons for loot as well. If we're going to implement the book of grudges shit, there might be opportunity to lead marks to certain places if they're your guildmates.

Personally, I'm not too interested in trolling. I've got a sense of humor enough to appreciate it, but it's too much work to do myself. I'm also iffy on spreading the guild out, especially across factions. We're lacking numbers and a sense of community enough as it is.

i'm gonna be rolling horde, but beyond that i'm unsure as yet. is alliance set in stone?

I'm honestly not sure. Most of the posts in the thread seem to be leaning horde, while the strawpoll above seems to go alliance(5) vs horde(2). I don't personally mind going horde either. If we're going horde, then I might go orc shaman.

I'm sort of against rolling two characters as it might slow our levelling down, and burn-out could end up as a problem. I'd honestly prefer it if people would just stick to one character until they hit 60.

yeah i don't see much point in leveling two chars at once. i'm leaning towards UD warlock or priest. most likely warlock.
aside, my main back when i played retail was orc shammy, resto. was insanely fun.

Yes and no. see

We can level as a guild but the problem is and one you faggots need to understand is a lot of the people hitting 60 will leave to try and raid because the raiding gear is solid and good for PvP. Despite the claim there really is no competition for loot, at least not when Infinity was a thing early on. It only became a thing during trying to get BiS for raiding and whatnot.

The two factions idea is simply because we will never have the numbers to raid and will lose numbers because of those who want to. It's better in the long run to just have people enjoy shit.

To those rolling horde we'll try rebooting but again no goycord, VOIP only for raiding for the book of grudges it's easy to set up a Gdoc that anyone with the link can edit and to safeguard it a bit extra throw it in Guild info

So then (((Folly))) will be on (((alliance))) then?
If anyone and I mean anyone that attempts to start a disagreement, they should be swatted down instantly.

Folly for the user alliance branch and Infinity for the user horde branch then? I like the idea, that way anons can play with other anons on either faction, at least for leveling up. I also like the idea of spreading anons in normalfaggot guilds to point out whom in those guilds is a faggot who shouldn't be trusted and those who are decent fellows you can run with.
Also repostan poll, currently is 7 alliance - 2 horde itt.
strawpoll.me/15011652

>Is going to be renamed for Kronus

Too early to say, the name was a joke about playing on a dead server. The name isn't important, it's having a fun guild to be in, without drama and faggots.

call it goycord, word filter changes it.

Sounds good, work in tandem to kill shit. cross thread chatter would work.

Ultimately we should work together to make sure shit is clear or even clear quests, posting names in the thread might help too to ID people when/if people leave the 8ch guilds to raid.

I'll try to get another guild ot pug with us and hopefully not have it as another situation

sounds good lads. looking forward to playing with all you greasy fucks. altho we've still got 48 days left so wew.

Sounds like a plan, and I also forget Disjew gets filtered. I just hope if any crossposters join they wont be fucking cancer. Can't wait if I can live to see the server come up.

Just gotta remember no goycords and stick to temp mumble servers for raiding.

You'd better work on your Russki then. You don't want to play with the gajillioln vodka brothers without understanding them.

suka yebani idi bahui blyat pidor. how'd i do?

I'm just gonna make a macro to spam

A NUUU CHEKKI BREKKI VI DAMVKE

I wouldn't know, my Russian is terrible but I am memorizing cases and pronouns before moving to memorizing words.

I have a reason to learn a foreign language now.
We're gonna be anglos masquerading as NEET russians playing into all hours of the night m80s.

GL, user.

$27 for three months of babbel.com . For those who know russian already, is it worth it, or do you know a better way to pick the language up?

Meh, I wagecuck for $15 an hour. I can probably afford 26.85 for three months, and it seems like a good program from the little demo I did.

I'd rather us scrounge up a TS or vent that's just been left to rot and collect dust. cheaper and a viable option. cons are we have no control

I'm also against anything permanent because it breeds circlejerking and once faggots start to feel comfortable shit starts getting retarded

Oh, I'm talking about a program to learn vodka speak because the server is based in east Europe. No, I like your temporary voip server idea from earlier in the thread, nothing annoyed me more than people who stayed in the voice chat outside raid times for who knows what reason. Probably superfag erp'ing or something.

one of kronos' rules is only latin-alphabet characters are allowed in public chat channels. i started playing on K1 a couple days ago just to get a feel for things, and every single person i've come across has spoken english, not a single exxception. chat channels, /s, the group i ran deadmines with, all english.

rule on Kronos is EN in all the primary chat channels, slavs can have their own channel to communicate in and their guild.

Top that off with the fact there is zero gold spam there and it's almost the perfect server

yeah, that's another thing, i haven't seen any goldsellers yet, which is mindblowing because i've never been in an mmo that had none of them. even retail wow and gw2 had goldseller spam relatively often.

THey banned all chinese VPNs a long time ago

Kronos had a bloody history with the gold sellers. A long time ago the server was downright unplayable because the Kronos staff banned all the chinese gold sellers. Immediately after the chinks DDOS'd the servers, making them straight up unplayable for a lengthy period of time.

That's when Kronos lost a lot of its population originally. They never gave into the demands of the chinese (basically unban us and let us sell gold or we DDOS the servers) because if they did, the chinese would then DDOS the servers unless they used the server to generate gold for them to sell. A nasty, slippery slope that I'm sure every private server has faced at some point. I stopped playing on Kronos during the DDOS, but when I came back the server had lost over half its active population.

IIRC Nostalrius cut a deal with them and the staff profited from the gold selling. Corruption and greed is what ultimately killed that place, while Kronos seems to have stuck to its own principles.

That doesn't mean they ban the chinese though. There were a lot of chinese players in Kronos, with the most notorious guild being . The average chink was greedy, bad and wrote broken english.

You could still find some nice chinese folks though. Poor bastards copypasted everything through a hardware translator.

Huh. Maybe I'll learn German then. Heck, if a pack of anons wanted to learn German with me for our 8ch chat channel than that's about as secure as we could get. SJW's would never pick up german, unless they're actual German SJW's, but I don't think the odds of that are great.

What did you expect? They don't want to be literally Hitler.

When was the last time you took a look at the current state of germany user?

I meant I don't think the odds of that are great because I don't actually think many germans would dare to pirate something. You'll probably find your germans packed into retail Wow, except for the odd german out.

lol. pretty sure the piracy rates of the US and germany are roughly equal. no idea where you're getting this idea that germans on average would be more reluctant to pirate than in the US, especially when a majority of white americans have germanic blood.

Huh. You're right. Interesting, I thought Germans were crazy about following the law. Proud of those lads, they're not full cucked yet, they actually pirate more as a country than we do per person (roughly 3.9 cents compared to 4.8 cents per person, taking population divided by software pirated costs from 2015)

since when muslim nogs care about laws?

I'd be willing to try it again.. I am pretty much a noob in wow, I got to level 40 something on zeth and then the guild died
hardly spoke to anybody anyways, but I pretty gave up at that point

The game is dreadful without any sort of socializing, even if it's just the random world chat trolling, not that WoW's community was ever that great to begin with.

Who and who? Nobody cares about your circlejerks.

socializing helps

yeah I will try to speak more.. it's just I'm not too used to that.. I mostly lurk here as well

Just how much of a circlejerk were these Holla Forums guilds? Of course you don't have enough people to raid with if this is how you respond to fellow anons who want to start playing.

It's not even a circlejerk thing

If you had played you'd know this shit. I mean fuck for awhile I was a boogeyman to these faggots who would accuse me of shit when I had long filtered the threads

Fuck right off and go choke down a massive dick you cum swilling autist.

Outsider to what? Is this your pride speaking, that someone dared not care about your stupid shit?

stop projecting tranny and your tranny orbiters from Iron Guard are idiots if they think the remaining sane people will play with your scum on freshcuck servers

Don't know what to make of this lads, I only started with Everyst, haven't been around private servers long.
kronos-wow.com/ is where announcement is posted.

Basically people considered Kronos P2W because the character AH was a thing, though it kept things in a sort of gray market because it meant no character trading was done off site and it allowed Kronos to stay up.

This might actually really hurt them in the long run considering the only shit you can get from their "cash shop" is cosmetic shit and mounts, can't buy shit like riding skills. Not to mention I never really saw the cash shop used on Kronos. I saw it like once on K1 where a guy on Horde had a neon green mechano strider as a tauren

currently got my dorf hunter up to 25 on K2, have only encountered a single bug, that being that if you have your pet out and then step onto a ship (such as those going from menethil to darkshore, etc), and then depart when it arrives across the sea, your pet won't be targetable or visible until you relog. easily avoidable if you dismiss it first, and recall it after you land. additionally, the pathing of the pets is a bit weak.
aside from that, everything's been smooth. ran a few dungeons (DM, stockade, WC) and no bugs there either. the mobs seem the same as i remember them.
so yeah, looking forward to rolling on K3, seeing as K2 is very smooth and runs great.

Bene told pet pathing is on the fix list and K3 will supposedly have new pathing for pets and mobs.

Pretty sure paranoia alone gives max detection possible

Have you done anything with rage generation yet? Someone in earlier threads had mentioned that rage generation was off for warriors at least at one point or another.

I have a warrior lvl 36 on Kronos. I'll log in tomorrow and see what I can do (I suck at math so I'll just provide the rage generated and leave it to some user to judge). Someone on Kronos' goycord told me that it works, but I'll need to confirm it and see if he is just a shill or not.

Wrong as fuck. There is no "max detection possible." Maybe they implemented that shit several expansions later, but a stealth detection cap never existed in vanilla. Everything stacks. Now paranoia gives +30 to your stealth detection (ie. you count as 6 levels higher for the purposes of stealth detection). MoD Rogues have +15 to stealth and most rogues like to sneak up from behind, where you need even more stealth detection to spot them, thus rendering paranoia useless. Catseye Ultra Goggles give another +18 to stealth detection (3.6 levels' worth), and Catseye Elixir gives you another +10. Catseye Ultra Goggles + Paranoia = 48 stealth detection (9.6 level's worth), at which point spotting Rogues is pretty easy unless they prevanish. If you use a Catseye Elixir you get another +10 stealth detection. Since Paranoia is a group aura your Warlock could also group with a Hunter and the Hunter could use Track Hidden (+30 stealth detection) for a 60 stealth detection bonus total (12 levels' worth) on the Hunter, letting him snipe stealthed Rogues.

All of this is worthless though if the Rogue pre-vanished, as Vanish rank 1 gives +170 stealth (+34 levels' worth) and rank 2 gives +270 stealth (+54 levels' worth). In an extreme case if it's a Human Hunter using Catseye Ultra Goggles (+18) and Catseye Elixir (+10) and Perception (+50 for a very short duration) and Track Hidden (+30) and getting Paranoia (+30) from a grouped Warlock's Felhunter, he would only have a +138 stealth detection bonus (27.6 levels' worth), not enough to pierce even a level 1 Vanish.

I asked a naxx tier tank and he said that Kronos' rage generation is fine. Here is the formula from a blue post in 2006 (it talks about TBC too)

Q u o t e:

Was this forumla made by a player, or was it a blue posted it? I've tried to put it up with any data i've gathered from alpha, Kalagan's post etc. and it's just not right.

Those are definitely inaccurate.

Here are the current rage generation formulae (note: these are slightly different than the ones which are on the current public test realms).

The notable changes include an update to offhand rage generation (previously it was not being normalized correctly), and an improvement to rage generation from crits (essentially, crits now generate double the rage the hit would have ordinarily caused). The later change should help ensure that certain specs (ie: sword specialization) don't become clearly superior to crit-enhancing specializations like Axe/Polearm.

For Dealing Damage:

Main Hand Normal Hits: Factor=2.5

Main Hand Crits: Factor=5.0

Off Hand Normal Hits: Factor=1.25

Off Hand Crits: Factor=2.5

Rage Conversion Value (note: this number is derived from other values within the game such as a mob's hit points and a warrior's expected damage value against that mob):

Rage Conversion at level 60: 230.6

Rage Conversion at level 70: 274.7

Expansion Rage Gained from dealing damage = ((Damage Dealt) / (Rage Conversion at Your Level) * 7.5 + (Weapon Speed * Factor))/2

Pre-Expansion Rage Gained from dealing damage = (Damage Dealt) / (Rage Conversion at Your Level) * 7.5

For Taking Damage (both pre and post expansion):

Rage Gained = (Damage Taken) / (Rage Conversion at Your Level) * 2.5

At lvl 36, I am hitting mobs for 184-230 dmg and gaining 13-14 rage per hit and 1 rage per hit taken.