Monster Hunter /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!gMAyUBKb!6Bm8addRpDx9g2GgShKjSeLi3RuGatEp1gEeMBy_BWk

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
3ds.guide/
mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHW:_Specialized_Tools>>14236246
strawpoll.me/14955848
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

You need to update this copypasta with all of the awful shit that's come to light post-launch, like microtranscations everywhere and the smallest monster roster since PS2.

Probably a good idea. I'll start compiling shit from the last thread and this one and if I manage to post next thread I'll replace the second copypasta.

Also, for anyone doing the Low Rank 4G run, I'll be going to bed soon, but otherwise the next two days I have off so anyone who wants to hunt, say so and I'll post a room.

That bad, huh?

nipanon on suicide watch

someone didn't play Tri, was your fist monster hunter 4 or generations?

oh no, not my samurai gear

I never play HR games because Capcom are kikes. FU, 3U, 4U, and XX are the only ones anybody should have played.

Yeah sure I'm sure they won't charge for monsters though right?

I am absolutely disgusted.
I thought they wanted it to be successful…

It's DLC for shit like gestures, gear, and cosmetic shit. You can even get the Guildmarm's set from 4U, because it's not like outfits from past games were always free and available in the games before or anything right? And this is just day 1 shit.

And the original's G on PS2/Wii

But I want to buy endgame armor, I have money to spend afterall!

where were you guys when this shit could had been stomped out in its early stages

Remember how that came out about 2 weeks after "We won't have paid DLC" was announced

no, but I do remember they said free update.

Incoming tears from non believer

Remember when everybody was calling Amiibo shitty physical DLC and shitting on MH Stories for being a boring jankenpon game that didn't respect the spirit of the franchise? Because I do. Unironically.

so wait for World G fag

Can I buy the cosmetic DLC that skips all the LR and HR to G-rank?

so who's actually playing the game

real MonHun fans

Kill yourself.
The vast majority of MHW players have never touched a game in the series before and should kill themselves.
I can't believe XX was the final game. They couldn't even go out on a high note.

you tell him fam.
real mon hun fans show themselves by buying the same game twice for harder missions.
because thats what us TRUE mon hun fans want things to be difficult bordering on tedious.
if your not spending the first 5 hours gathering whetstones and herbs so you can finally attempt to kill a velocidrome then your not a true fan

It's better if you think of 4U as the final game and XX as a last-ditch spin-off where they let all the retards with bad ideas run the boat into the ground because they had already jumped ship to developing MHW.

I buy MonHun twice every single time it comes around and sink 300-500 hours into it with my brother playing duo and this game is no different, It could be my memory not being that great but this game is really not all that different than any of the others, most of the changes make sense and unless something goes hilariously wrong in the next 400 hours it's set to be just like to rest for me (currently 20 hours played).

(((>tfw you fucked up the blue text.)))

So now that monster hunter is dead, what clone series is gonna pick up it's place? Or am I gonna be stuck playing the G versions of all the 4 mainline games forever?

One. XX had one alright idea, and that was hold A to gather. The only other thing they did that was in any way good was the deviants, but they cocked it up with the pure cancer ticket system.

you mean i don't have to keep mashing the button to gather? that sounds pretty casual to me.
looks like mon hun went down hill way earlier than i thought

The deviants were good, but the tickets fucked it over.
So if they removed tickets, it'd be fine.
The trap removal, kinsect swapping, fishing movement and new monsters from X/XX were also good.

I've never played a monster hunter game but they look pretty fun.
Is it a good idea to go straight for the last 3ds game? Will it be considerably less fun if I'm playing solo?

Go for Monster Hunter 3G or 4G/4U on 3DS, or 2G/FU or Portable 3rd on PSP.

Not at all. That said, if you really want to do multiplayer, 4G and 4U both have semi-active groups of people playing here, and there seems to be a way to do online multi with emulated versions of the PSP games over PPSSPP.

It's the opposite. Monster Hunter is considerably less fun if you're playing in a group. Play MH4U on 3DS, avoid Gen/X/XX. It's by far the very best "babby's first MH game" in the franchise. Play MH3U afterwards if you want to hear the best music in the franchise. People will tell you to play MH3G instead because the Western version gave you more armor. Do not listen to these people. The amount of armor is meaningless by the endgame and you'll suffer for the Japanese language.

Play MHFU on PSP if you want to respect your elders.

It also had other good ideas, like instantly unequip all your jewels and

there's no reason to keep the button mashing. If i'm gathering materials of course i'm going to stand there until i can no longer gather them. If you want to bitch about gathering, the fact that they changed enviroment spots to "look at the bright pink/blue rock that stick out like a sore thumb" was worst.

You mean the endgame where even in Blademaster armor endgame upgrades give only 2 points of defense in exchange for a rather rare material and a fair amount of Zenny? I'm pretty sure 50 defense is far from meaningless there user.

Assuming he doesn't know it, sure.

Yes, the endgame where 600 armor vs 650 armor does not significantly affect your survivability in a game where the goal is to not get hit in the first place. It's the difference between getting 2-shot and getting 2-shot.

It is more just a different kind of fun. Solo forces you to do everything yourself, which then brings enjoyment from clearing hunts purely on your own skill. Multiplayer can makes things significantly easier, but you also get sometimes enjoyable and memorable interactions with other hunters. If you want to play online though, it's best to get comfortable playing solo first so you don't fuck up hunts online.

i only played MHFU on psp, how different is world compared to FU?

I've seen some drastic changes like that firefly shit, dmg numbers(can be turned off) no loading times and jumping/ running on walls. are there other changes that make it lesser than other versions?

Monster hunter 4 it is. Thanks, my negros.

But they do that already with Ultimate versions.

So do we know yet if Worlds will have G rank or Equivalent yet?

It definitely has a marked impact on survivability, though if you're good enough to just not get hit to begin with, you should probably be doing naked runs anyway.

A ton. I'll try to get on a full and proper list at some point, but I'm sure someone's already hard at work coming up with a good list for you.

Just make sure you get either 4G for Japanese or 4U for English, both have all the content of the vanilla Monster Hunter 4 with a ton more added on top.

Except you don't need to buy the base game AND the ultimate version, just the ultimate version.

Nothing confirmed yet. Most likely if World is successful by Capcom's standards it will get G Rank in the future, though that may take a while since it sounds like Tsujimoto's team will be spending the next few months working on making the PC port for World since they're apparently not outsourcing it.

Don't get MH4. Get MH4U. Capcom does this jewish thing where they release half the game first, then make you buy the other half as another full release game. Same shit with Street Fighter. MH4U is the one.

Who did Capcom's PC port of Dragon's Dogma? That was actually not half bad, performance-wise.

Yeah no problem. It's too bad the Jews at Nintendo never do price drops in the eshop either. MH4U is still 40 of her majesty's cuck bucks on there.

Could this be our way to get rid of them?
Drum up how bad G-rank grind is?

Smaller HP pools
Free armour skills without getting them to 10+ points
Things called mantles which give even more skills
Lack of small monsters
Even easier to predict monters to dodge their attacks
Stupid grappling hook that can be used to cause free damage by pulling down rocks, or remount you instantly if you fail the mount
Stealth mechanic that lets you get free surprise damage on monsters
Drop-in/drop-out allows for people to leech off your quest if they join within something like 10 minutes (half the quest over by then)
P A I D D L C (only cosmetic, goy! we'd never charge for monsters!)
Braindead tutorials and ezmode/MP carrying allow retards to get to higher ranks and shit those up
A proper storyline, with unskippable cutscenes, because we really need those
You can do the village quests (LR and HR offline) with friends, so there's no point for the braindead masses to play offline
It's being praised as "Harder than Dark Souls", so that's enough of a reason on it's own

Probably some more that I'll think of as the day goes on.

Given the PC release is 9 months from now, assuming very end of Q3, there's a not-too-shit chance that G-rank will launch on PC and consoles simultaneously.

I always thought that was in-house, and I don't recall seing a dev splash on the game, nor does searching confirm or deny.

How have you not installed CFW yet? freeShop man.

Oh, and XX added the one thing that every MonHun has needed since the beginning:
Cosmetic armour so I can dress up as a rainbow cat without losing 300 def.

Unless, you know, they already bought the base game, like many people already have, before the Ultimate edition releases.

I haven't had the 3ds that long and also I'm a retard.

It's retard-proof these days. There's a huge step-by-step guide that holds your hand the entire way.

Not sure, PC version never came out here, so it was probably outsourced. Not seeing anything clarifying it though.

CFW your 3DS and get it off FreeShop, every 3DS MonHun is on there in Japanese and probably in English too.

3ds.guide/

4 to 4G was about a year and that was without them working on anything else to my knowledge, so while I doubt a hypothetical World G will be out on the PC's initial release, yeah, they'll probably both get it together farther down the line.

Then they're idiots who deserve whatever they get. With the exception of Portable 3rd, every major MonHun has had a G version release afterward.

Did you hop IPs just to defend the DLC?
Also, this post outs you as a retard that only came to the series with MHW:
MH4 never came to the West, so he'd not be able to purchase 4 on an un-cfw'd device.

There's nothing to suggest the PC version isn't 100% finished yet.
They're still using the MT Framework engine, and of all the games using the full engine (not handhelds, as they use MT Lite), only 7 haven't had PC ports/day-1 releases.

More likely that they got money from Sony/Xbox or marketing hype from the press in exchange for making it a console exclusive.

Just watch capcom add the "reduce the grind" microtransactions from the MH mmo to worlds as soon as they add g-rank just for these people

Looks like I need 2 systems to cfw my 3ds anyway

Not if you have an ntrboot compatible flashcart, which you'll want anyways because it lets you pirate DS games too.

That would kill my soul, but there'd be a similar backlash to lootboxes in SW:B2, as people would feel cheated that someone paid $10 to get to the same spot as their 200 hours.

Hopefully they tire of MH after this and don't want to pay $60 for the same game the next time.
Or maybe Ichinose's shitty take on World will kill the normalfag's spirit like it does out and they can't wait until the next mainline due to attention spans of small animals.

Oh okay. I guess I'll look into it when I get back home. Thanks again for the help my man.

No there wouldn't, Monster Hunter isn't NEARLY as popular as Star Wars.

Now that I think about it, why hasn't there ever been a romhack of MH3U that removed the extra 50 armor and randomized the charm tables every game start like MH4U does?

because 3ds romhacking only really became a possibility after everyone moved on to 4U.
Same reason why you don't see any of the psp games getting fucked around with despite it being easier to mess around with

There will be overlap in the audience, and that's all you'd need.

You guys hear about ryu and sakura being added?

I joked about this with friends. I didn't think they'd actually do it.

Does it come with an exclusive 1-hit kill mantle?

I have it. I regret buying it. I'm loading up MH4U again.

I just got my daily bonuses, I think online is back on now.

it comes with salty tears and fries

contain your autism please

Good to know that shitposting has become automated.

Call me an optimist, a shitposting algorithm is of infinitely higher quality than the regular cuckchan refugee that you seem to be.

what an argument!

MHW is too good to be true.
Do you people want a quick review with pros and cons?

save yourself the trouble, peoples that like it will like it and peoples that hates it will hate it. You're not swaying any opinion

I'm not sure if "you just mad" deserves a proper argument at all. Unless you explain why MHW is good without sounding like a massive casual, you will be nothing but a shitposter that gets off to (you)s on the internet.

Learn to read you fucking retard, he didn't say anything about MHW's success or failure, he said the likely reason the PC port is delayed is because of marketing deals.

Okay daddy.
By the way how the fuck do I gunlance?

Sure, go for it. More opinions are always good

Is that why people can walk straight up to a monster and have to hit it before it fights the player?
Have to appeal to lorefags. Whats the story?

Doesn't change the fact that its a baseless assumption. I could say Nintendo paying capcom money to keep hogging MH games to themselves and we argued back and forth with no conclusion, noone is wrong yet no one is right either.

use whetstone after you stab the fucker in the face

You'd lose that argument because of the creative differences Sony and Capcom had that created their initial falling out. It's easy to assume the PC deal because Sony does that shit all the time.

You guys are worried about them going into a slippery slope of casualization but can I add in the possible opposite path?

I believe they're going to refine the monster movement and attacks as we go on in this new system to make it just as hard as before, it'll just be a bit different.

Face it we've seen how this goes and it's not anywhere good.

You're following a slippery slope fallacy like every user on both chans always do.

It doesn't always have to be a slippery slope user, playing vidya for too long as made you jaded. I used to be like that too and I realized it made me start hating vidya.

Name an example in recent history where sudden changes and casualization led to an improvement of game quality.

You act like they haven't already reached the bottom with World.

The series began massive casualization in 4. MH4U was the time to argue that it wasn't a slippery slope and there could be positives in the future like more refined movement and verticality that wasn't underwater combat, MHW is the pit of feces at the bottom of the slope. What part of this do you normalfags not get?
Oh right, 0.03 cents deposited to your account.

This one? For a non-g rank game the difficulty is fine and the game still has plenty for vets.

New DOOM also was good. There are plenty of good vidya man with devs that actually care. Thinking things will go wrong all the time is just going to hurt you in the long run

I'm enjoying the game a shit ton though

Who wants to help me/get help with hunting high rank shit?
Id - 4YNQkFMui6dN

You're implying that everyone in this thread hates vidya, when everyone here is a fan of the series up to MHXX/MHW. If anything everyone has more respect for the series and love for vidya by not gobbling up the casualized trash that is MHW.

Not even trying to hide that you're a redditor. No, I'm not going to tell you how I know. Fuck off.

Last (you) from me.

I don't see the point of hating something because it changes. It's the same with FPS fags who shun anything new in the genre.

But I've been around long enough to see how this is going to go with you guys so Ill stop posting.

The chances are slim if MHW is successful. They'll just see that appealing to casuals creates more dosh then going back to the old games.

I have the desire to play a 3DS MH game from the beginning again, which one is still played more? 4U, G or XX? (I personally prefer 4U for the better framerate)

Again: it's not the changes, it's what those changes are that's the problem. Doesn't MHW have less monsters as well? How is that a good thing in a game about hunting monsters?

Compared to everything else they added isn't that a moot point? Of course there is less right now. That doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. 3U built off Tri to make an amazing experience and MHW is a much better game than Tri

I mean, it seems like anyone actually defending World argues and writes like a redditor, or woman, but haha, I'm just a jaded, paranoid idiot who has no fun ever right, and I should just like like the game dude, because everyone else does, right?

Damn man I wasn't even shitting on you I was trying to have a discussion. You're the one who is arguing like a woman now.

How about you fuck back off to reddit? Jesus christ your retarded posts are enough to drive a man to homicide.

I thought you said you were going to stop posting?

assumption =\= truth. You make it sound port game to PC is easy as flipping a switch. Nier PC version was released same month as ps4 and its full of bugs that haven't been fixed to this day it was fixed by the community but the point is the dev doesn't give a shit about it

I'm not talking about just you, you self absorbed faggot. Didn't you say you were leaving already?

Alright now I'm done. You guys are fags. Have fun with your circlejerking of the same opinion in this echo chamber you built up like the Holla Forums equivalent of an echo chamber from reddit.

It seems theres extremes on both sides, some are saying its the best ever while the later thinks it kills the game series, or just hates mon hun and is only in the thread to shitpost.
Personally I think the game is good, with alot of new mechanics/changes that are pointless or not needed/wanted. But the base game is still there, and it still feels like a monster hunter game. And its still pretty fun too, most people are forgetting that monster hunter has continuously changed there formula mechanics and this was an obvious thing that they would change next.

The tracker flies are nice but they dont really change the game since you still have to continuously run around and search for the monster, and the previous games had no way to track them unless you looked it up, used the air balloon, or used paintballs after you found it. It just cuts the time wasting tracking that you did in previous games. The mantles are pretty pointless, unless you use the Ghillie mantle but honestly its the same as when you would go to a different area/loading screen to escape and sharpen/heal up. I'll genuinly talk about the game with people, since its fun and there are errors in the game. But i've non stop seen nothing but complaints about trivial shit, or muh cosmetics which is a redundant complaint but it makes sense to be wary of that choice that they did, its tough to say whether this will affect later DLC like the Deviljoe or other monsters. If they make those paid then ill drop my argument as to cosmetics not mattering since then it would be clear that its a common factor in causes otherwise free DLC. Holla Forums isnt a hivemind, but there sure are alot of people that love glossing over the goods of a game and focusing on the bad since it is fun to shit on games, and you never need facts to back up when you say a game is bad.

While I aggree the reaching is embarassing, saying there poor is a bad argument and not a good one at that.

Yes sadly there is less, which is really dissapointing since that means that they focused on making the new monsters without putting in any of the old ones. Almost all the monsters in this one is new which is why there are so few, and since they havnt made a big game like this except for the 3U wii but that was more of a port without adding anything 4u/3u had alot of added monsters since it was easy to port over monsters since it was on one system, the games graphics/engine didnt change so they could literally just drag it over essentially. While this one they have to increase the resolution, size, and how they interact with the environment. I really hope that by the time G comes out it will be up to the general roster size of previous games.

When has capcom ever reverted a series back after casualizing it?

You won't be missed, reddit.

Jeez, here I was thinking I could go on Holla Forums and talk about the fucking bad luck I had with Anjanath Pelts - 5 hunts, 6 pelts. I need at least 13 for the armor, weapon and the camp.
But this thread quickly devolved into "Whawha I don't want anything to change" vs. "Nah man it's great everything's good now shut your mouth you shit elitist"
I like the game. It's not perfect. I'm still gonna pump a few hundred hours into it, cause it's Monster Hunter at the end of the day. Fights are the same, monster patterns are mostly the same. I like the idea of sneaking - you can't just run up to a monster and get a free hit, you actually have to use foliage or mantles to your advantage and oftentimes lure the enemies into a natural trap. Some of the levels are confusing, but I like the graphics and how they nailed living ecosystems. Combat's the same as ever, and I do think it's harder than Generations, about the same level as 4U.

Welcome to the contrarian olympic, where everybody wins a medal

I don't super hate World, but it just seems like a downgrade to what we had before, and I'm afraid that we'll never get a "normal" monster hunter again.

Maybe some people don't like to feel retarded when the flies light up objects as if you didn't know they existed. Wouldn't be an issue if you could at least turn them off.
Some of the mantles are too overpowered and allow you to fight a monster with no challenge involved. The vitality mantle that gives you invincibility for a few minutes is not the same as running away like a bitch.

People itt have complained about microtransactions and this is all you get out of it? You could've have just tried to talk about the game, but nah. You gotta show how much of an ebin centrist you are.

Vitality mantle? I didnt know that existed, what is that? I only have the Ghillie, flying and the Rocksteady. How many others are there? I tend to stay away from them, hell I dont even use the lock on.

They should have just made a real tracking system where you look at tracks and use your brain to figure out where it is leading and where the next track is. They could make multiplayer hunts have more red herrings or branching paths so that it requires all four dudes looking around trying to find the right path.

"They casualized it"
"Mantles are shit"
"Everyone defending world is talking like a woman"
"We won't get a core mh game anymore"
"MHW is casualized trash"
"MHW is the pit of feces at the bottom of the slope"
"You can get free hits off of it"
Did you read the thread?

Wrong, I have the vitality mantle and it only gives you one extra healthbar, as soon as you lose it it goes away for the time it takes for a hunt to finish.

I don't think you know what almost all means

People itt have complained about microtransactions and this is all you get out of it?
keep on reaching user, surely those hairstyle and stickers are critical in hunting down nergiante

Is there any way to get the invincibility mantle early?
I have no idea how mantles are supposed to work(First MH game)

Holy shit user there is no invincibility mantle.
Im in high rank and I havent even gotten the rocksteady mantle yet.

first day on an imageboard?

I don't own a 3ds and the ps2 MH games were out when I was like 6 years old.

Calm your shit.

You take a bunch of shit out of context and then you ask if I read the damn thread while conveniently ignoring what I mention even though that was the very first thing brought up in this thread? I guess you gotta make your shitty point and justify your purchase somehow.

Except I didn't even say or even imply that, you moron. So quick to defend the shit that you even invented your own argument to fight against. I haven't even complained about the game once.

The Portable 3rd HD link in the op is dead, anyone got an alternative?

I literally said that a bunch of assholes were shitting on the game without reason, while others defended it without any form of critical thinking.
You attacked that by stating that "we only attacked the microtransactions hurrdidurr"
I proofed you wrong. Now you're moving the goalpost by trying to make this about me liking the game and the microtransactions. Stay on point or fuck off.

Just talk to the towns people and do their quests and deliveries, you'll get the mantles eventually.
If you play like a tard they wont be very useful to you though.

Here it's from the other chan.
mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

Thanks.

its literally in your post you fucker, if you dont have anything to add just shut the fuck up

Thats the health mantle

There isn't too much information on the mantles acquired late game
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHW:_Specialized_Tools>>14236246

Who thought spreading everything out was a good idea? It used to be smithy, store, canteen, and house within 15 feet of each other. Now the house is on one side of the fucking map, store on the other, smithy UPSTAIRS then the canteen and handler is on the other side of that. What the fuck.

Except they didn't. I already proved you wrong by pointing out the very first complaint made.

Except you didn't. You took shit out of context to make a non-argument. While completely

Except I didn't. I never actually complained about the game itself.

Your first post in this thread was to complain about everyone-else complaining arguing about the game. While completely ignoring every specific point being made.

Do you even know what "moving the goalpost" even means? Microtransactions were already a topic in this thread. You already made this about you when you came in whining about how you can't talk about the game because of everyone else.

Except it's not. Just because you say something, doesn't make it true. This is exactly what I said :"People itt have complained about microtransactions and this is all you get out of it? You could've have just tried to talk about the game, but nah. You gotta show how much of an ebin centrist you are."
Show me where I said microtransactions ruined anything.

Just like with when mounting was first introduced im sure the next game will have a better tracking system. Since this is the first time monhun has even bothered with one.

same skeletons, but different meshes, hitboxes, textures, etc. It seems with thies game they bit off more than they can chew, and went to ambitious and added to many new things/new mechanics and ended up with the game we have now. I bet if they took it slower they would have made a more polished game with the mechanics it currently has.

Why do people feel the need to lie about a game they clearly haven't played? There's legitimate criticisms you can make about World, but shit like this just poisons the well and devolves these threads into shitflinging.
The vitality mantle does not 'give you invincibility for a few minutes'. It's a shield that takes one or two hits and then breaks. Really the mantles in general are nowhere near as OP as people make them out to be. The only one (I've seen) that doesn't have a short duration and ridiculously long cooldown is the glider mantle, which is more useful for getting around than it is in combat.

Are you clinically retarded?

But not in my discussion. I don't have anything about you complaining about them. That's not the point I was arguing. You tried to make it the point I was arguing. You moved the goalpost.

*against, not about

who cares that it provides an absurd buff for those times when it's not on CD. It's truly shaping up to be the best monster hunter yet!

How is it absurd? It's basically the equivalent of two (if that) mega potions.

I RECOGNIZE THAT FACE

Free hp is absurd in MH. Not to mention the rocksteady, the "drop aggro" mantle, although honestly the drop aggro one is pretty useless because of how horrible the AI is anyways.

I want the kids to go, they always lower the post quality to retarded levels.
On the topic of world, i hope they fix that vigorwasp skill at some point, i saw a guy fighting a tobi kadachi and his cat had 3 vigor wasps spawn around the area and at that point you don't even need to care about your HP as it will recover faster than the monster deal damage to you. It's completely broken.
I don't know who thought that vigor wasps were a good idea, but he needs to be shot.

or you could fuck back off to cuckchan

Its called the vitality mantle you dope.

Yeah, because 2 mega potions is really absurd when you could already carry around 20 in previous games.
Takes 1-2 hits and breaks, cooldown is almost as long as the vitality mantle.
This is true, but less because the AI is horrible and more because it lasts about 5 seconds before they find you again at least that's how it was against Anjanath, I never used it again afterwards

The vigorwasp gadget is the real OP shit. People that whine about mantles pretty clearly haven't looked into the game at all and are just regurgitating months old info.

The AI will drop targeting to go to sleep. it's fucking horrible AI. And cooldowns don't justify the nature of how OP they are. and on the topic of potions. YOU HAVE LITERALLY INFINITE OF THEM PER HUNT IN WORLD, provided you keep a stocked item box.

Start:
Fighting a boss in several different flat arenas. The boss is bigger than you and has priority over your actions. You are slow, largely vulnerable, will get punished severely for acting rashly and must learn when it is safe to attack.

Generation 2
Fighting a boss in several different flat arenas. The boss is bigger than you and has priority over your actions. You are slow and largely vulnerable, will get punished severely for acting rashly and must learn when it is safe to attack. You can sacrifice damage for evasion skills now, which subverts this a bit (especially on lance)

Generation 3
Fighting a boss in several different flat arenas ´´and underwater arenas. The boss is bigger than you and has priority over your actions. You are slow and largely vulnerable, will get punished severely for acting rashly and must learn when it is safe to attack even though attacking is weird and unsatisfying underwater''. Lance gets a counter and dbs get fast, which subverts this a bit. Hitboxes no longer suck.
Dialogue gets more colorful and some cinematics get more cutesy, maybe.

Generation 4
Introduction of sloped areas, climbing areas, jumping moves and pseudo-aerial combat. Monsters and player movesets are not at all balanced around the introduction of sloped environments, many monsters even lacking the correct animations to deal with slopes. Monster have no method of dealing with vaulting players, and will only be able to hit them due to hitboxes which aren't adjusted for player verticality. Kind of a critical error when it's the game's major selling point. Ledges constantly interrupt the player's movement and can punish the player by forcing them into an extremely vulnerable jumping state, which is a problem when small ledges aren't visible to the player when the camera is pointed at the monster. Introduction of evasion+3 allows complete invincibility for long periods of time, or significant enough evasion to not be punished for making mistakes in most instances. Iglaive always powerful and on the cover to make sure all the new players flock to it and can spam mount. CB trash initially, but gets access to cancel into counter-able guard at any point with massive motion values, huge amounts of true damage as well as exhaust and KO damage all in one hit. That you can pull out of a counter. Also the cutscenes are like a bad disney movie.
Item sets was nice though

Gens
Fighting a boss in several different sloped and flat arenas. The boss is bigger than you but you have priority over most of it's actions. You are quick, rarely vulnerable, will get rewarded significantly for acting rashly and must always attack or be spamming absolute readiness. Hyper monsters and deviants are introduced to combat these empowered players, where the design philosophy is 'Big flashy unpredictable AoE attacks half of the time, standing still doing nothing the other half'.
XX
DUDE HOLD Y LMAO

MHW
This game which takes all the worst things from 4U and gens, adds paid dlc and full blown walking while shooting controls and cool cinematic monster interaction is exactly the same as classic monster hunter yep, you guys are all just lame meanie haters that can't deal with changes.

like i said, if you dont have anything to add, then shut the fuck up. You complaint about centrist while you yourself have no opinion on the subject and replying to peoples for no reason other than being a jackass

The game is marketed to people who cant do this.

That was a pretty stupid typo to make.

Yeah, scout flies are casual, hardcore hunter use ping dex and go straight to the spawn area

This is bad and needs to be fixed, but I recall this happening in the older games as well so it isn't like it's exclusive to World.
I'd call this a deflection, but is ignoring everything I said and just blindly repeating yourself really a deflection? Those take more work.
Not a fan of this either, but it doesn't make or break the game for me.

Actually, you never said that. I do have an opinion on the what's being talked about in the thread and the people participating in it. I also have an option on the games discussed in the thread, I just haven't stated because of faggots like you. You come here and whine about how everyone isn't enjoying discussing your game and expect anyone to want to entertain you? Fuck off.

meant for

I'm still low rank but:

I forgot

That's how it starts.

Got me there.

Just combine the image.

How so?

they stop being useless for once

It's not really difficult and it's not a far stretch to assume they have timed exclusive deals. They've been doing that for a while.
So what?

There's been some pushover monsters, but this guy is a fucking cunt. Fitting considering he's the Jho of the game.

They're honestly too good at this point, the gadgets in general need to be nerfed.

They were useful in 4u, but now they are just downright broken.
Keeping you on life support during the entire battle is not godly is fucking gay and took the challenge away from me, its okay to get healed but getting it that frequently was ridiculous.
Flashfly cage is OP too, I never tried the shield, now I just use the buff horn.

Just tell the cat to stay back, cats are for petting, not fighting.

I like the buffing horn, Its useful for me and I dont feel like as if they are directly interfering that way.
Btw how far are you in the game? I got the quest for nergigante but I dont want to do it alone, it managed to tear me apart the first time i tried to kill it. I need someone to mitigate the aggro for me. I feel it would me more fun with a pal too.

I'm gonna use that for every argument now

This logic works really well when you pretend the game wasn't released on xbone.

use trap homebre

Its 8am and im going to work, I'm not that far due to me exploring and doing side shit that the urgent quests. But hey if you're still on later i'll hunt with ya. I use Hammer so the monster will just be down most of the time.

It works better when you realize that this kind of shit never happened until the last few years. Sounds like a funny coincidence, huh?

a nips that like MHW? heresy. or you might be a filthy korean

Wew. Its 5pm in the afternoon for me. Maybe i'll see you some time user. Im up to hunt with anybody from here anytime im online.

so what?

Not saying that it doesn't happen, but generally when a console manufacturer pays to have their game be a console exclusive it's, well
a console exclusive.

And it is a timed exclusive for consoles right now. The argument about 'muh ports!' doesn't work when
1. This Never was a thing until recently
2. Consoles have now become more and more like PCs, and are even easier to emulate and port things from
If it was that difficult, I'd expect them to take the same time porting it to different consoles as well, since they aren't exactly the same. I'd also expect it to have taken awhile when porting games prior to now since the hardware was quite different, but that still isn't true. Thus, the most likely conclusion is that the publisher has thrown a wrench somewhere in the process.

How to gunlance (on 3DS, World changed it a lot so some of this won't apply):
Rule 0) Have fun!
Rule 1) Don't hit your friends
Rule 2) Don't get hit by your friends
Rule 3) Seriously, don't hit your friends
Now that that's covered:
Poke-poke-upswing-evade is going to be your main combo.
Poke-poke-shot-poke-poke-shot… is a good way to extend your combo if you don't need to evade. If it's a big enough monster you can use poke-poke-upswing-shot-poke-poke-upswing-shot…, but that leaves you shooting almost directly overhead and the shot might not hit anything if the monster isn't big enough.
Try to get some experience with all three shot types. They all share the same core but each one focuses on a different component of the weapon.
Normal shot has the weakest shot damage but a large magazine, and gets bonus damage on full burst. You'll want to use the full burst for hitting harder parts and getting breaks piss easy, but that's slow, devours sharpness and leaves you needing to reload, so it can be risky to spam it. Individual shots are pretty weak so you probably won't be using them for anything but extending your poke combos. I don't like Normal much, but it's the most common shot type and most people's favorite.
Long shot has a better range and a tighter cone, higher per-shot damage, and a much stronger wyvern fire. With Long shot, you'll want to use wyvern fire as often as you can, and will be shelling more often than Normal. Be careful with the shots though, they're so long you might end up knocking down an ally on the other side of the monster.
Wide shot has an extremely short range and the smallest magazine, only 2 shots. Don't fullburst. It has a very wide spread but that's usually more of nuisance than a help, it means you'll knock over people almost directly beside your muzzle. Wide shot can be very hard to use with other people because of this, so don't fuck up. But, wide also has the strongest individual shots, and gets bonus damage on charged shots, so if you have the time to charge one you can get a good amount of damage out quick. Use quick reload a lot, it'll make those 2 shots last a lot longer. Don't use fullburst. I need to repeat that. Your individual shots are strong but there's only two, fullbursting is a waste of time for Wide, and it forces you to full reload. Wide's good overall.
Just remember, you're a gunlance. Use your gun, and use your lance; don't just shell, even with Wide, and don't just poke, even with Normal.

One difference is that you have different hardware configurations into account. Developing for three or four hardware configs is easy, developing for a near infinite number isn't. Also you have to include graphics settings and debug on a lot of different systems.
Controls are another thing, but less so.
6-9 months for a game that took 4-5 years to develop seems very much reasonable in order to port it from consoles to PCs.

then explain why Nier PC port is a total ass with locked framerate and resolution

So is 4U the last *good* MonHun? Seriously, you fags didn't like Gens/XX, and you don't like the Pokemon game. But you're also burnt out on 4U.

Also, which monster would you fuck?

This is true, yet I'd have expected this to be an issue previously, but it never really was.
6-9 Months might be reasonable if their development team was smaller. But it took about 4 Years to create, and 7 months just to port it? That's a fantastically long time by porting standards. And if it comes out and still runs like shit, It'll guarantee what I said to be true.

So what? Re-read what I said. Automata's port has nothing to do with it and can also be explained away as being due to a poor allocation of resources and publisher retardation.

World is about as monhun as Stories, but I think world is still a good spinoff game, not as a mainline game though which it most likely is now
World has a few shortcomings, annoyances and flaws which makes the games score go down for me, while 4u was sheer perfection in everyway. So yeah 4u was the last great mh in my opinion.
I still recommend both games though, they are both really damn fun and that is what matters to me the most.

We can already play the superior versions on PC go download Unite and Portable third HD, PPSSPP even supports online multiplayer.

Found your problem, Square have no clue how to make decent PC ports and I guarantee you FF15's PC port will run like ass as well.

Rathian.

user I'm in the military in korea.

Is there any room up at the moment? I'd like to join the squad too, I'm tired of playing with edgelord weebs with japanese names spamming the trippingsword.

4U is the last main line game. Each of the main line games have their own shortcomings and positives so calling it the last "good" monster hunter depends on the person. Last competent monster hunter? Definitely.
Lunastra

Would you ____ a zinogre?

Only it it's a girl and so deep in heat, she don't care.

Get some class. She's a married woman. Do you like cuckolding or something? I mean, you'd be the bull cucking that loser Rathalos but it's still cuckshit. Even Kut-ku's gotten some of that whore's AIDS infested cunt.

Vigorwasp does get out of hand. I'm in the middle of a fight and I see my palico pull one out and I just say, "Jesus Christ cat another one?" It does remove some difficulty. Speaking of palico, do you guys always give cat puns for the names? Mine is currently "Purrcival."

Maybe Capcom are doing something right by taking time with the port instead of rushing it like SE

how does it feel working for the ZOG?

how about now?

Your taxes pay for my video games.

So you're saying Rathian's an ara?

Once you get deeper into the game, you start unlocking a Dragonbone tree for weapons and presumably other types too. Being able to revert gear is pretty slick, though. I've yet to use it, but I like that you can fuck up and not be forced to build a whole new weapon from scratch or savescum to undo your mistake. The further you go along, the more the trees extend down and right giving you lots and lots of options. It also lets you see what materials you'll need down the line, even if you haven't found that Dragonite Ore or Monster Bone+ yet, you know you have the option to pre-emptively farm some other parts to be ready when you do get the stuff you need to unlock that upgrade.

I know why Holla Forums and other places were pissed about this game. I fully understand and acknowledge that the negativity was in the right place. The game is a lot more forgiving. Being able to port between camps and change gear in mid game and having a palico that is constantly dropping vigorwasps for you takes out some of the difficulty.. You don't have to use any of that. You can leave your palico at camp. You can walk everywhere. You can quit out of a mission to run all the way back to your house to change at the item box like you're used to.. But man, I feel like I'm actually capable of getting shit done now. I also feel like a lot of the monsters get to be a little more clever and challenging because they give you so much ease of use kind of shit.

It's unarguable that they casualized a lot of glaring aspects that have been present in every game for the past 14 years.. but at the same time, I'm glad I don't have to go through a dozen loading screens as punishment for a few little mistakes, like forgetting to grab a certain item or using all my fucking traps in a capture mission. I like that I can teleport around and explore the maps, because they are fucking huge now, and it's not the same thing as chasing a monster through 3 or 4 rooms. It's a fucking hike to catch a monster that fled zone, especially when they moved 3 layers up into the maze of tree canopies and upper branches. I like that I can finish a mission and immediately start another one without having to go back to town. I actually feel like I'm progressing instead of grinding, even when I'm grinding. I like that.

Do not lewd the zinogirls.

But I don't live in a ZOG nations,

It's okay but I'm more for the anthro persuasion.

can anybody explain how the squad thing work? How do I join 8/v/ squad?

Just quit using palicoes, I don't understand why people enable it in the first place.

It sucks but I get back at them by just doing my job and changing things from the inside. Once I become an NCO the jews will bow to me. Also what said, except I also get lewd things and Japanese mercy

Started playing 3rd on my PSP.

Only gripe about the EN patch is the actual information in the training is untranslated. You'd figure they would have translated the stuff in the tutorial. I mean I'm doing alright but still

The real tutorial are the rank 1 and 2 village quests.

A lot of that was ignored because the only people who were dying for an english patch were people who were already familiar with MonHun and didn't need the training stuff or useless menus that tell you how to combo with your weapon.

Fair enough. Still though would have been helpful.

You need to be invited by someone to their squad while you're in the same session. I'll try to see if I can invite you or not.

Okay join our squad session
ID - 6zbnEsTEfz3T
I'll see if I can invite you myself

My assumptions are based on reality and what's happened. If it was gonna be any good, they'd have it done in a timely fashion, it's a redditor-tier attitude to think that because they are screwing around and taking several times longer than normal, it will be good.

I'm going to have fun with Monster Hunter World
in half a year

Vid related is from the beginning of this month, so unless they finished the PC port since then, they're still working on it.

4G/U is the most played 3DS game at this point.

In the sense that the changes they added are all so fucking awful that they eclipse even the lack of content in how bad they make World, yeah.

That's what happens when you radically redesign the game to the point it doesn't even resemble the prior titles anymore - people who liked them will see it as killing the series, while people who hated those and like what it's become see it as "fixing" the series. The same thing happens pretty much anytime you have a big revamp like this, see Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Persona 3.

There's groups here playing both 4G and 4U, so that doesn't seem to be the case.

It's not fair.

I'm still wondering how anyone at Capcom thought this downs looking motherfucker was an ideal companion to feature through their entire attempt at a more cinematic and direct story. The shoddy/nonexistent lip syncing is bad enough, but combined with potatoface, it's painful to watch.

It looks like a tumblr tranny, they could have brought back Trenya he's an explorer and would have been a perfect fit for the job but no we get stuck with that ugly thing.

Are any of the monster hunter games emulatable? or is it tough shit if you dont have a console

Is that Ryder?

Will we see any new MonHun for Switch for the west or will Capcom shill World instead? Portable MonHun still has a market.

The PSP ones work pretty much flawlessly, and the Wii ones are playable, if you're willing to go through borked controls.

Both the PS2 and PSP games all are.

I sincerely hope that no one is buying any of the "add on content" capcom is selling on the PSN store. It's literally emotes and makeup for your hunter. It's the dumbest shit and capcom thinks people will pay money for item packs and emotes.

It's meant to appeal to the West, so of course it looks retarded.

OP has links for the PSP games, though the P3rd one seems to be out, but someone else linked a new Mega for it. If you have a CFW'd 3DS, all the 3DS titles are up on FreeShop as well.

World's target audience absolutely will.

More portable than PS4/Xbone. And not everyone has a high power gaming laptop.

If you're going to have shit taste. At least have tastes in artstyle.

I agree the artstyle isn't great. Unfortunately, it was the only decent one I could find.

This game was made to appeal to the west, right? So they're just following the design standards that they know we're used to.

Actual fucking Oblivion character.

Depends on the nature of Capcom's contract with Sony and Microsoft. Securing MonHun for consoles was definitely an attempt to spite Nintendo. Now that the Switch is doing so well, they might be extra desperate to keep another MonHun game away from Nintendo for as long as possible.

I'm legitimately curious how that shit happened.. Did they hire some other arm of the company to handle this one NPC? Because everyone else looks fine. The Third Fleet Master looks fines. The old lady in the Rotten Vale looks alright. The Chief and his son are passable… But the handler looks like she's out of a different game.

You're blind then, because it's all over the game. I've been looking at people posting their self-made character faces on cuckchan and they're all awful looking. It's like Oblivion all over again. Also your pics

Finding decent MH Monster Girls art is hell. For every cute monster girl there are like five images of Rathalos getting fucked by Zinogre.

Last pic I think looks pretty good on a design level.

I prefer a MonHonV over whatever dumpster fire World is turning into. Could be nice for V to take the old hunting grounds and fill in all the gaps between areas to make them feel like one whole hunting ground. These new game journo modes are getting out of hand.

Looks like even the nips noticed how bad the face maker is.

Niggerdom aside, he doesn't look like a fucking potato.
I think it's like a varicose vein, or something, but it's a little too pronounced.

The character creator is a mixed bag. Kind of like the generic character creator that every action RPG uses, they put in too many damned sliders and make it too hard to make small changes without it being either unnoticeable or horrendously fucked up. Only autists who spend hours tweaking their character's face (which will be covered by armor anyways) can make character editors churn out good results. Use the default templates and only change a few things and your character can look fine.

I don't think they've gone as far as 'game journo mode' but there's enough features in the game that a journo could abuse to fudge their way through every hunt, especially with the help of 3 other talentless journos, so they can say they played the big boy games and that their review is informed by play, even though they constantly teleported back to camp to grab another stack of megapotions.

Dee you around space cowboy.

I did say 'most' not 'all'

You can stay there

cryingwojakwithmariohat.jpg

Hey, peoples bought re-release game at full price, I'm sure they don't mind optional cosmetic DLC

Actually.. you know what? I have no fucking idea. Upon further recollection, many of the wyverians you meet are little yoda motherfuckers with tiny noses, normal looks people with big ears, or there's the one Immense motherfucker in 4U. The big nose thing must be some kind of leftover design cue they never really fleshed out.

Why are the japs so shit at this game?

Japs are shit on every game, the ones playing PSO2 gives you cancer from how inept they are at following objectives.
There is a reason why they have gone full mobage shit.

Maybe focusing on western players wasn't such a bad idea after all

They actually did the same thing with the Moga people in Tri/3U. Originally the Moga were supposed to be a third distinct race, like Hunters and Wyverians. They had partially webbed feet and hands for swimming, and unique two toned skin coloration patterns. Never fleshed it out.

You should see the fuckers play EDF5

The japs you play with on this are just as bad as the Americans. I bet if you go on a 3DS you'll get the real MonHun players.

Only baguettes play handhelds

im a monhun vet and im playing world, only salty fags with no means to play this are the ones complaining about it

Not at all, I've got a PS4 sitting right here, I just have zero interest in World and even if I did, I'd just wait for the G version like any actual vet of the series would know to do

Look, when they're already doing sour grapes to justify a game they bought being considered bad. You know the game has to be grade A 100% good, right?

I did play with a lot of French ruining my games on 4U. And it looks like quads confirm it.

I'm just saying there are a lot of new players on the PS matchmaking.

ftfy

fix this dick tbh

no true scotsman strike again

Are cut scenes unskippable like in 4th gen?

thats because usually ultimate version ship over to the states as the vanilla mon hun dont make it to the west

If you guys wanted to know something cool there is a giant fucking dalamadur skull in the rotten vale and its waaaaay bigger than the one in 4u.
It is so goddamn huge that an entire area is inside of it.

That has nothing to do with it - if you're at all familiar with the franchise, you should know better than to buy a non G/U version of the game.

u wot m8? we only got the ultimate version, we can't buy the vanilla version even if we wanted to

And that somehow prevents you from being aware of what's going on with the series you're supposedly a fan of? You're on the fucking Internet, it's not like it's hard to find out what's going on. I repeat, if you have enough familiarity with Monster Hunter to consider yourself a "veteran" of the series, you know how they do releases and won't bother with a non-G/U version.

You're wrong about that you mong. for Generations the US only got the base game.

I've seen some people criticize the character creator, but I don't think its that bad.

The fuck are you talking about dumbass? The inability to buy something that isn't available to you mean I'm not aware?

That seems to be your argument, considering my point was, and I quote, "if you're at all familiar with the franchise, you should know better than to buy a non G/U version of the game."

Yeah it's pretty decent.

Doesn't make sense to release in the west since you got World less than a year later

that makes absolutely no sense. XX came out after gen and they still got world

unsure but the issue is on these early quests there's a mid-mission cutscene you gotta wait for your buddy to go find the damn monster before you can join

must be nipanon talking from japanese perspective. Look faggot, base game usually doesn't get release in the west, you CAN'T buy it. Veteran MH player in the west never got the base game. You should spout your advise to your fellow nips because they're the one getting swindle by Capcom

Dude the quality of life options are fucking godlike. I think Capcom realised that everyone just looks at the wiki for fucking everything so now ALL of that shit is in the game. Being able to just see what your weapon upgrades to is fantastic, as well as there's a wishlist function so you can just pinpoint a weapon you want to reach and the game spits out a list of drops to get to that point.

The monster ecology is crazy useful. As you hunt more of a monster it tells you the elemental weaknesses and weakpoints, as well as further down the track it tells you the breakable parts, indicates where they are on the monster AND what they drop as well as the chances.

Don't nobody bitch about m.. muh casualisation because anyone and their mother who wanted to get a specific monster drop just went on kiranico or whatever.

More cool stuff: You can join quests midway and it actively scales the difficulty when other players join, so no more dicking around waiting for your friends to return when you want to play with them but they're already in a quest.

Ironic when you're the one who can't seem to read English. Again, even a Western fan who hasn't had a chance to buy both a base and G version since Tri and 3U knows that they do this with every installment. Literally the only people who don't know about this business practice are the newfags who know nothing about the series. I repeat, if you're at all experienced enough with the series to consider yourself a veteran, you know that that is how they do the releases, and you would know better than to buy non-G/U versions of the games.

We already establish that japan peoples are stupid, the ate up yearly rerelease for decades, it makes total sense to release XX twice and World in japan

I know about the rerelease but you failed to take into account that Capcom never do a rerelease in the west and MHW is on a better hardware that allowed digital upgrade, they already do this with SFV. I repeat, go spout your "muh base game" to your fellow nips.

OK question

on the tutorial mission to capture the great Jaggi how do I do that exactly since none of the tips are in EN.

From waht I know I have traps and tranq bombs, the problem is I dunno how to use em. I get you set the trap down and the tranq bombs are meant to "subdue a monster caught in a trap" but it doesn't seem to work

what do

You know what I really like?
Being able to sort my weapons by trees.
It's what I'd do usually, so it's nice to have that automated instead of autismally moving all my weapons around.

Monster needs to be below a certain health threshold before you can cap it. Depending on which game you're playing, they'll show tells like limping. Then you trap 'em, then you tranq 'em.

Wait for him to limp, then trap him and use a tranq bomb on him.

Hit the monster until it's limping and trying to escape to it's nest to sleep, catch it in a trap, throw tranqs at it.

I've been staring at that picture for like ten minutes now and I can't see how it looks like a Tetsucabra at all.

right

She'll get her time

maybe sucking that dick more will unfuck you're eyes

we're not starting this again

Sort of like how there's no indication of the opposite. Or that there'll even be a G/U version at all.

Except for the fact that this is what they've done with not only every main series release but also with X/Gen.

In MHW they make it really obvious by having the limping monster also appear as a skull on the minimap

1 game
I wouldn't called a rerelease since its not on the Wii
Based on SFV model, its not too far fetch

God fucking damit OP. kys

session ID: MhuA6p7vT8J
I'm here now my son. Come.

wish I could join but I'm at work right now

OFFICIAL /MHG/ SQUAD
EIGHTH FLEET
Eighth Fleet squad session ID: 6k8HxQtRsNsd
Joining the session does not change anything. It's like a LAN or lobby. You can still solo quests. This means you can join and continue on as normal while chatting.
When you post a non-assigned quest, it will be visible to the rest of us and we can join before you depart.
For those who still need an invite: just type in the ID in "join online session" | "search via ID"
Will reply to this post if ID changes

>MhuA6p7vT8J
wrong one, sorry about that.

It's a little unusual, to be sure, and it does drop the unique Bowgun system of Tri, so it's not the "exact same game plus more" that the other rereleases are. Still has mostly the same content with more added on top though.

It's worth keeping in mind as a possibility, sure, but the fact remains that Monster Hunter has been doing this model since it came out almost a decade and a half ago, and there's been no official statement one way or another. Either way, I'd say an experienced person would hold off and wait.

Wage on user. Wage on.
You got a time I should try to be online for?

What is the current room for an invite to 8th Fleet?

You can't really compare the SFV model to a hypothetical digital upgrade for MHW.
SFV is designed to trick players into thinking they'll get everything for free but when they play the actual game end up being forced to buy content with actual money to speed up the process. That's the only reason SFV still gets support because they got cash cows they keep buying the season pass.

The only way a SFV model would work in MHW is if they made every monster they add free but for limited time periods, but give people the option to buy "hunting seasons" that give you access to the monsters regardless if they're available for all users or not.

I've played XX and I can tell you this is bullshit. G-rank in XX was good for the first week or so, when all the good players from X and a handful of autistic foreigners were the only ones in G-rank yet. After that all the shitters got carried and it slowly went to complete shit, only a little bit better than the Western games other then them being faggots who leave the room in an instant if you don't say hello (or whatever the hell that moonrune chat shoutout says) as soon as they join. As long as you don't get any frenchies or mexicans, at least. Fuck those guys.

Just like the fungus infested Shen Gaoren corpse in Generations. And then XX didn't bring him back. World's new stuff could possibly make Dalamadur almost bearable. Maybe.

You're a fucking retard. We got the original MH, Tri, Generations, and now World, all without G-rank. Dos and 4 are the only ones we didn't get the original game for. We also got Freedom and Freedom 2, but not P3rd, if you want to include the Portable series. That's 6/9, or two thirds, of the non-G releases.

What? Didn't you see ?

TIPS FOR PS4 NEWFAGS

Get your usb keyboard, plug it in, press enter, start chatting.
It should read it automatically.
Plug it into your controler. Go to settings>Devices>Audio devices>>output to headphones, then change it to all audio.

You're welcome.

How many of those are "rerelease" on the same system? I'll tell you, only 1, we got both Freedom and Freedom Unite on PSP. My point is Capcom doesn't do rerelease model for western market, they give you 1 version and that's it for each system.
Tri was release on Wii, 3U was release for WiiU and 3DS which essentially count as an enhanced port of the Wii version

That isn't what either post I was replying to said. Both of those posts claimed the West does not get the base/vanilla, non-G version of the games. I've shown that that is false.

So, can cut scenes be skipped or not? I get you can't make other players skip their's in multiplayer, but if you were to boot the game up yourself for the first time, would you be able to skip all the cut scenes, or are you forced to sit through them like in 4?

You cant skip them

That's shitty, but predictable considering the same was true in 4. Thanks!

That's the exact style of hair I chose.

Why is this guy cosplaying as a humanized brachydios?
And why the fuck is that guy in the background blue?

I have several questions as far as being sort of new to MH

The general opinion seems to be "Not good as a Monster Hunter goes, but good as something closer to Toukiden or Dynasty Warriors goes"

GL is super fun in world. I do hammer/GL/LS

World is amazing so far. The first few hunts are easy as fuck but things ramp up nicely about the time you fight Tobi Kadachi. If you don't have a stick in your ass about every little thing not being exactly like the old games go ahead and get it. I am still in low rank and I am having fun. I just killed Diablos and it was about as difficult as his 4u version.

We had a bot from you few threads back tho. :^)

I think by Legiana, who is easily my favorite monster so far, things are about back to normal. Between him and Paolumu, you get back into the cheap wombo combos that MH is notorious for.

So I've got a rough draft going for a World blurb for future OPs, if anyone has any suggestions for things I forgot please voice them.

After 9:30pm these threads become instantly tolerable. What is up with that?

Shift ends and the shills go home, I guess.

H9GFLTN9C7F3
For NA PS4 users.

Monsters only actively fight each other if one monster enters the nest of another large monster. I have only seen turf war happen one time in my entire 20+ hours. The monster behave pretty much as they always had. It can get even MORE fucky if a third monster attacks you. I was doing the Rathian/Rathalos hunt and ajanath came too. Shit got real FUCKING crazy and at no point did any of the monsters stop to do the turf war shit. One thing I noticed is the framerates in the full game are way way better than the Beta. I have a PS4pro and I am not even running it in frame rate mode and I never seen dropped frames to any noticable degree like I did in the beta with frame mode on. Gives me high hopes for the PC version.

I'd much rather talk to the shills than the whiny faggots that populate the threads during the day. At least the shills discuss the game.

actually we need to confirm this, because i am almost sure i saw a streamer looking through the armors skills in his set and one of those had negative values with adverse effects.
The monster can still throw you off by using the environment, it even does it in the announcement trailer.

It looks pretty good overall. It's written in a fairly neutral tone, which I think is nice. Trimming it down to a single post could be useful too, because as it is, that would leave our OPs at 3 posts. I just can't see what to cut, exactly. Or, alternatively, the real OP could include a chunk of this, and then have the rest in a second post. You could also put it all into a pastebin or something a few weeks after release and link it in the OP, once it doesn't need to be front and center news anymore.

Is this right? I heard they could still knock you off if they bashed into something, or if they kicked you off after you used the slinger to hook back on. That's really stupid if it's true, I knew they heavily casualized mounting, but I didn't realize it was that bad.

What?

Please do provide source if you remember where you saw it, or of course if anyone with the game finds one take a screencap and upload. This would be a huge change if true.

People who've played the full game have experimented and found that the hunter will automatically, without any input from the player, use the Slinger to regrapple back onto the monster when this happens, no matter how many times. There might be some specific condition like stamina running out maybe, this might require experimentation and investigation. I'll modify the entry for now.

Yeah, size is the biggest problem, I might try to make some of the entries less wordy if possible, though the pastebin idea sounds appealing since then it could just be tossed into the OP post and not waste an extra post.

This is absolutely false. You need to hit triangle to initiate the grapple if you fail a mount if you don't you will not get back on. Running out of stamina and failing to re-rodeo are the only ways to fail a mount. Some monsters also try way harder to knock you off than others. Legiana for example thrashes like fucking crazy.

Is there an option in the settings or something that influences this? Because multiple people were saying they didn't push any buttons and still auto regrappled on.

They are lying.

Well shit. I guess I'll take it off for the moment until I can confirm for myself. Hopefully the official guide clarifies it.

Totally legit criticism

I'm just compiling facts on the game to replace the old interview translation from way back when. My intent is to portray the information neutrally. If the facts sound like criticism to you, then that says more about your view of the game than mine.

I rather have peoples that played the game to compile the facts rather than peoples that have no clue what they are talking about

If you can do that neutrally, sure go ahead. But if you are going to speak your opinion about the changes, then you should play the game. though some changes are pretty objective

The facts are the facts, regardless of who states them.

I feel I have done so, but if you think there are any parts of and that are not neutral, please do say so.

You can't claim a plate of week old shit is disgusting until you try it, stop being entitled.

Looks fine to me.

Good to hear, thanks!

That is such a subhuman line of reasoning. You still have not tried the game. You have only a second hand and subjective grasp of the game and its mechanics.

You still have not tried the plate of shit. You have only a second hand and subjective grasp of the plate of shit and its tastes, eat up only then can you judge it.

False equivalency fallacy, try again.

on the contrary, peoples poop everyday, everybody have first hand experience with shit. Try again smartass

But you can't distinguish which one is fact and fiction. Peoples could made up some some bullshit and you just put it on the list

You seem obsessed with scat. Are you some kind of rat person?

This game is an extension of MH4's game mechanics with none of the handheld hardware problems, and tedious bullshit that has come to define the series. The ability to actually control the FUCKING camera puts this game in a completely different league from the handheld bullshit. I am just hitting high rank and I am absolutely edging for G rank already. I am firmly in this game's corner. It's different but good. It starts off in game journalist difficulty but stops being that about at about HR4. High Rank basically feels like a completely different game so far. Expiditiins become key to unlocking new quests and you're tasked with actually finding and hunting monsters in the expeditions in order to unlock their high rank quests. It's really fun.

For the most part you can distinguish them pretty easily. A few things will be hazy in the early days, but that will get cleared up pretty quickly.

Like?

That hasn't been a problem since Portable 3rd's PSP version.

You're going to be edging for a while, user.

Seriously? I thought it was just the heartbeat indicator being flat when the monster was nearly dead. That's pathetic, what's the challenge of capture quests when you can tell when the monster is capturable? At least in previous games you needed an armor skill to be able to tell from the painted monster on the map. Imagine that, preparing for a quest so you can mitigate it's challenges in advance instead of just being fed the mitigation for free or having to do it the hard way if you don't wanna prepare.

From what I saw you only get that after fighting the monster a bunch of times already and getting enough research points on it while also filling out its in-game wiki.
I managed to fail a capture quest and kill a tobi-kadachi because the skull didn't appear for be because I never had enough research points on the guy and was relying on the skull to appear.

Also it takes forever to gain research points if you kill monsters, If you capture them instead its bound to increase way faster.

Gotcha, you could have still used the heartbeat monitor through right? I'm still a bit uncomfortable with that system taking away the player's need to learn the monster and how long it lasts from fighting it several times over a static system but at least it's not on right away and requires some fighting.

strawpoll.me/14955848

What the fuck is up with those names?
Im a switchaxe/gunlance kind of man myself

Is some of the online multiplayer in World free, no playstation plus needed? My ps+ ran out a few month ago and i can't afford to buy it again anytime soon but i get notifications that people are joining my hall and posting quests. Can i actually play with these people or is this online system fucked and it still shows the online stuff even if i can't use it. Or maybe you just can't search for quests and are restricted to whatever room you get when you start playing?

The 4s were the only time that was the case - Portable 3rd and the Xs both had scraps get made from when you crafted gear, or let you turn pieces into scraps for them.

I want to play this game, but the character models are so ugly that I can't stand it.
The models are so terrible that I actually want my female character fully covered up because I don't want to look at her.

I am triggered.

Is anyone going to talk about the fucking game or are these threads just going to be the same shit throwing cryfests until the PC release?

PS+ is needed sadly.

Not really, for examples people have the biggest misconception about how scoutflies work. It doesn't leave a trail of glowing pixies dust straight to the monster for you to follow. At lvl 0, it doesn't guide you to anything, it just highlighting random object, you have to run all over the map to look for clues, even then, you don't know if you're following clues for the right monster.

The flies do get fucking annoying because they use the same color to track monster as well as highlight objects of interest.

No they are not, but regardless, mounting sucks now.

I noticed that these cunts give you only 2 options the first time it runs out: the 3month package or the 1y package. (no 1 month package visible when they "offer" to extend ps+)
The 1 month package is 12$ CAD (10$USD) and you can still find it in the store.

Fucking sonyjews are the worst.

I don't own a modern console, but if memory serves, this was basically acceptable this gen, because of how many people defended the 360's model for recurring online payments. It kills my soul to see how often people will defend something fucking awful, then turn around and get upset when it becomes commonplace. *coughcoughparallelstoMHWareunintentionalcough*

Shit.

Yea that popped up when i first started the game. It also had a free 2 days but I pressed circle on it thinking it would come back again if i tried to go online but it hasn't. I wanted to save it for when my work week ended. I might buy ps+ later on when it goes on sale but considering i payed for a year of it before and maybe played 10 hours online in that time i don't think i want to, its a waste of money.
Maybe if buying a year meant getting the full 8760 hours of online play and not the current system of it expires after 8760 hours have passed whether you have used them or not.

My guess is timezones. 9 pm EST is like 1-2 am GMT. Even the most hardcore Europosters are probably going to bed by then.

From my experience it is the americans that are unbearable.

I believe many cutscenes can be skipped by pressing START. I know I skip the camp canteen cutscenes that way.

most europosters I know are up until 4am and are the least annoying

piss off newfag, this isn't cuck/mhg/

This is blatantly false. The large monsters seem to ALWAYS fight each other, with the exception of Rathian/Rathalos that just team-up to gangbang if they're in the same zone.
Tzitzi pops in to flash Legian or Polomu for me and often leaves pretty regularly. I actually have not seen this happen in a nest area yet. Tzitzi is a bro.

Can you plug a keyboard in the mini usb slot of the controller?

Also, the game is fun yet is so easy it makes me feel guilty for liking it.

I'm actually enjoying MHW quite a bit. I was pretty worried it would be trash until I got to play the final day of beta. The anons here have a real hard-on for hating this game.
My big beef so far is just that certain weapon mechanics are not documented in game well at all. Like, the hammer's new charge boost that buffs you by going R2 + circle. I've never seen that crap before. Mind you, I've never really played hammer til this game either. Did this exist before?

everyone enjoys that ew game at first, mostly because you just payed money for that product and need to justify the expense. Then the longer you play the more realization something is off, you'll keep defending it though atleast for a few more months, until eventually you'll become that guy in every thread "I bought this piece of shit and I regret it"

That's fucked up but I like it.
Try it, if it's the right mini usb it might just work.

They turf war if you don't hit them from the get-go. When they meet, give them 5 seconds and they'll start fighting by yelling/roaring first. Then you can go in and get semi-free damage.

Hunter's notes as always user.

This. I mentioned this last thread.
Only time will really tell.

I couldn't find how to charge the shield and sword for Charge Blade in the Hunter's Notes, user. Point is, there's still plenty to discover by experimenting/watching guides. This can be seen as either a detriment or a plus I suppose.

Oh boy here we go again
Not too shabby.
This is the greatest version of this quest ever.

>roar breaks the egg
FUCK YOU CUNT

You unlock camp higher up and the circuit between egg and camp is super short.

I've never played MH before so i took the suggestion of 3rd on pppsspp
Only one question, how do you get the online working? Iv've never seen ppsspp do online before?

God damn I'm gonna miss the classic armor system now that Monster Hunter World is taking control of the series. Building armor isn't fun anymore when you can get skills with sub 10 points.
Charms were a mistake too, their armor points should have never been allowed to break +5

Charms were a horrible a mistake, making people do something else than kill monsters to have decent sets. At least world tried to fix that a bit.
I am not yet decided my opinion on world's armor system, but it could have potential for fashion gear because you don't have to watch out for negative skills.

user, they added the cosmetic armor system from XX I believe, so having to balance fashion and functionality isn't a thing anymore.

Wrong. If you hit nothing the mount will fail. If you run out of stamina the mount will fail.

I have tried to ignore them many times and I still never seen but a single turf war. The only time I saw the canned animation shit was when Juratodus entered barroth's nap zone.

There seems to only be cosmetic armor for certain armors.

That kinda sucks. Then again I'm the weird asshole that likes cobbling shit together and running around in a functional set.

Negative skills are necessary though, they prevented players from making 100% broken sets and reduced the possibilities for flawless sets. Worlds definitely needed them based on how many skills the game throws at you no matter what thanks to the new system and mantles. There is no risk or planning anymore it's just suit up and slap whatever you want together to get what skills you want.

The mantles aren't even all that good my dude. I'd much rather have the health booster. Now that shit is OP as fuck.

Slim or Pro?

Depends on what you are willing to spend. I frankly don't notice much of a performance increase over the normal. ps4 with my pro.

I understand accessing the item box during expeditions but being able to use them during side quests or urgents is fucking insanity. I never used that but it makes sense that shitters and journos would so they wouldnt tear their fucking hair out.
I also dont like how the gathering hub is now always empty, they should have kept it where you can only do multiplayer missions from the gathering hub and single player missions from the village. The 16 players in the gathering hub was really cool to look at in the trailer but we may just never get to see that and thats pretty damn gay. If that cant work out then it would be nice to see other players walking around in astera, I am sure that could have worked out somehow too.

By the way MHW is the highest selling MH game, in just 3 days it sold 5mil copies, and the highest selling MH before that was p3rd with 4.9mil copies sold. Whoever that retard is who said that no one is playing MHW can suck on those 5 million dicks right now.

Now that the dust has settled, can you nintendo faggots finally admit that monster hunter was always terrible and world is the first good entry in the series, and the only reason you continue to slander it is because your pitiful shitendo bitch can't run its splendor and glory?

Hey, fuck you the previous games were good I still believe that 4u is better than world, but were tied down by the handheld hardware thats all, not to mention its finally coming on to pc later and will inevitably get a shitload of even more sales. There is nothing that Holla Forums's bitching and moaning can do about it.
But the game does still have some flaws and shortcomings that bother me though

They weren't good, you just deluded yourself into thinking because they had shit controls and no one with tastes wanted to play them that your seekrit club was playing a good game.

I just thought the games were fun, the controls were solid and precise, the hitboxes were good too. I played the demo for 3u back in 2013 and thought it was fun and I decided to buy it based off of that, I had 250+ hours of autistic fun with the game. I didn't even go on Holla Forums and I knew only one other guy that played MH back then, I just thought the games were fun.

Well you're wrong, like all nintendrones. Also, what fucking "flaws and shortcomings" are you talking about? ABLOOBLOOBLOO, THE CONTROLS AREN'T BAD ANYMORE SO IT'S EASIER, WAHHHHH, STOP MAKING GOOD GAMES, I WANT MORE BING BING WAHOO!!!

The way they changed how online works completely ruined the gathering hall, which is a complete shame seeing it completely empty, everyone just uses SOS to quick join.
Even when you are in a party with other players there is no reason to go to the gathering hall, not to mention that it's separated by a loading screen which, thanks to the amazing power of the Sony Playstation, only takes 2 eons to fully load.

Nigger for fuck sake just go to the halfchan general if this is all your going to do.

Go back to reddit

Is this a new tactic to make people liking world look like halfchanners?

Just rev up those bots again too!

The quest joining feature was even better in the demo where you can just do a search and just pick a lobby from the list.
Is that feature entirely gone from world or did I just miss it somehow?

After World is this image true anymore? Has shitposting Holla Forums culture taken Monster Hunter away from us?

Been here since the first exodus, back when this Holla Forums had under 100 posts

You use any lan program (like evolve) to set up a prvate network and fiddle with the settings in the emulator. (or the UI through the emulator?)
Check jewtube.

The gathering hall was supposed to be like that In world but they fucked it up and now its almost always empty. The trailer that showed it was misleading.

So have I, but you really missed my point.

Get a load of this faggot cam.png

What is the mini usb port in the controller for normally? just curious.

Filtered. :^)

You search for a lobby of max.16 players, searching works pretty much just like the demo but instead of searching for a quest you're searching for a lobby, you can specify HR and the monster you want to hunt to help.
After that you can post quests and it will become visible for those 16 players, you can also view all the quests those 16 players are doing at the moment and join in.

I'm going to buy a second copy of world when it comes out for pc, and there's nothing your shitty switch can do to stop me. I was here before this Holla Forums even was by the way, so fuck off back to reddit.

No, it's now a relic of the past.
The only culture that took Monster Hunter away from us is Capcom's corporate culture.

Fucking kek, keep feeding me your salt, nintendrones, 5 million copies in three days, old shitty monster hunter is dead, good monster hunter is here to stay

Yeah, but its only for 16 players. No one joins each others quests, even eigth squad barely plays together and mostly just does their own thing, makes sense though because different ranks and all.
It would have been better if you can post a quest and anyone from the world or set it for your region can see it vise versa, so you would be guaranteed to have people join it from even before it starts or join other peoples quest before they even start it. Fuck having only 16 randoms to a lobby.
Capcom I hope you are here reading this thread. Take notes.

Once the PCfags get their release they'll come around. Assuming, of course, World isn't shit in late game and/or after 200hrs. see>>14240129

I assume you don't have a ps4. The USB port on the controller is a usb micro, it's used for charging the controler.

You're both faggots having a non-discussion and are shitting up the thread for no reason.
If you don't like the game, argue about it. Want to say the other person is wrong about x? Counter it.

Okay fuck off back to twitch. There's no way you're an oldfag. Now every time anyone says "I WAS HERE FIRST I EM TRU OLDFEG" I'm just not going to believe it. kys

So yeah all they had to do for the online was to do the formula that they had for every single previous mh game. How did they manage to fuck that up?

Oh, I thinkg I made a mistake. What is the little slot next to the headphone/micro slot?

Been here since burgers and fries, before Holla Forums, better luck next time, kiddo

I agree but everything else that came with this new system is pretty neat.
The only solution is, as you said,

It's an extension for some voice chat thing. (I think?)
Google it.

Yeah no one ever joins on me too, which sucks because I'm tired of grinding solo.
You can create a specific lobby but good luck having people join you, most just use matchmaking.
I might try joining the squad, I heard having one pretty much fixes it.

I dont like that picture user.

I dont know but did you know that in mhw you can plug a keyboard into your ps4 and use that to chat in game?
Just press enter and type. I have no clue how someone found that out but thats a super cool hidden feature.

You'll have to wait until the squad leader is online. Idk if he can promote other people so they can invite too tbh.

What are you? Gay?

Updated ID
7nLj3a6Wjv8

Monday, 3:24pm Eastern

Here you go bud. After you get the squad invite you can just join at any point via squad session search.

Just press enter and type. I have no clue how someone found that out but thats a super cool hidden feature.
Stop bullying please. It's just usually more complicated from what I remember in the ps3 days.
No option for that when I go through the members. But anyone can join so long as they have the ID. Just post it if I'm not here.

I did, and it is just some shitty port for a PS4 charger or something. **I also saw a few pictures of a small keyboard for chatting, but I'm not sure how verificable is that.

Oh shit, thanks for updating I'll try it out later tonight, hopefully still in time.

New solution:
Afk in the hub instead of the gay village.
Go to the village only for investigation registering, workshop, and being gay.
Anybody deviating from this gets bullied.

Why? I'm not a gunner so I can't tell from the video.

I think what they've done to bowguns is what hurts me the most about Worlds. They completely took all the risks away from them.
I haven't been this pissed off at bowguns since Tri's failed attempt to introduce parts

It's also the only one with a simultaneous worldwide release, so it's kind of an unfair comparison there. What are it's Japanese numbers?

Not even close to the cause of this schism. Shit will calm down one way or another - either World will turn out to be shit and we'll all go back to talking about the good ones, or it'll turn out to be good and we'll welcome it into the fold.

I also haven't read most of the thread because I am half heartedly trying to avoid spoilers. My only question is if you have no PSN is MHW worth getting for the single player experience? Please spare the opinions on if Monster Hunter World is a good or bad Monster Hunter game. I am not concerned with that can of worms.

No not really, They try to hard to make it cinematic and it takes away from the game

There's barely any to be honest and caring about the story in MonHuh?

If it's a good Monster Hunter, it will be. If it's not, it won't. Either way, you should wait until the rerelease with G Rank.

it worked exactly like that in Tri on the wii.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Maybe you misunderstood. I am essentially asking how much of the game is gated behind needing multiplayer. Not weather or not its good in your opinion.

avoid spoiling what monsters are in the game.

well aside form the subjectivity of "good" that is sorta why I'm asking considering people in this thread have likely played it by now.

aside form waiting for a price drop why wait if all DLC/Updates are going to be free?

It overall lacks content compared to even the non-G releases of prior games. You're better off playing any of the older games since all the content is available or waiting for monster updates before picking up worlds. Right now Worlds is almost Tri levels of fuck all content with cinematics sprinkled in to pad it out.

as far as I know all content can be done solo, I'm not far into it yet but thats how it usually works

World doesn't split quests between single and multi anymore, making all quests "single player" level difficulty when you're playing solo, and "multi player" level difficulty when you have other players, so if you wanted the challenge of doing Gathering Hall tier quests solo, well, you're shit out of luck.

Fair enough.

Monster Hunter games always have free DLC/updates except for the G Rank content, which is released as a "separate" game you can carry your progress over to, the most recent examples being 4 to 4G/Ultimate, and X/Generations to XX.

or in this case capcom has introduced paid DLC so there's no guarantee that monster updates will even be free like they claim.

If you're getting the game at all, get ps+ for the online.
If not, don't. Wait for PC and you get both.

There, spared you the bullshit.

Yet some how I'm a nintendo shill. Okay

Ok, I'll give you that one, to be 100% honest, I don't trust capcom to keep their word on free dlc, but I really don't care. I trust them to deliver top quality next gen experiences, and that's worth paying for.

Jesus christ can you tone down the shilling a little bit?

Now now user, be nice, the man's got to put food on the table somehow.

What would you consider next gen? The shitendo bitch and its cardboard?

And I'm totally shilling for capcom when I say the past dozen monster hunter games are total shit and only this one is good, take your buzzwords back to reddit.

Considering how hard they're trying to market World to people who hated the entire franchise, yeah, that sounds about right.

wew

user what are you doing? I filtered this nigger an hour ago. Last thread too.
Learn to filter IDs.

Forgive me, I'm just bored and waiting for my friend to get back so we can start up freedom unite again

So, back on topic, let's not let the nintendo shills derail, what's your favorite fight so far in mhw? Odogaron was hype as fuck and looks badass too.

No user I take my actual keyboard for my desktop and then I plug the it into the usb port for my ps4, then I can just type away.

THAT HITBOX.

All of the paid DLC are pretty much cosmetic or emotes which dont effect the game or gameplay at all, which is kind of a smart decision. We already know that the death pickle is a free content update and they said that they'll release more monsters for free.

My favorite fights were

I only got far enough to fight nergy so I havent fought any other ED besides ZorMag and I know that they are there because I spoiled myself when it comes to a few of them.

Ammo that basically invalidates blade users

Anyone online to invite me to squad?

So it's not really more op than blades, it's just the fact that they do slash damage?

Yea, the session is still up, same ID.
I'm in a quest atm so i cant invite, but join in and wait. Lucky you, i was gonna go to sleep soon.

So what are you guys thinking about the weapon system? I find the increased focus on upgrade trees rather disorienting. I keep checking the forging options but there is very few weapons that I can actually make, it seems to be mostly the upgrade tree. Does this change at all later in the game? I just got partway through the rotten vale so it is still pretty early.
Other than that, the weapons all look pretty samey, for example the ore tree weapons look pretty much the same, and the bone or dragon bone ones also look mostly the same with the odd bit of monster sin that changes. It's pretty disappointing really.

I hate how simplified the look of the weapons are now. Weapon I, II, and III will all look the exact fucking same. It's true for all of them so far.
Other than that I don't mind the addition of the tree in game. That's a flat UI improvement.
That being said I like the concept of starting out with the bone variant and it builds on that base component for when you upgrade to other monster trees. This way you can sort of tell whether someone has a bone/iron base weapon.

Is anyone at all playing MH World? I didn't like too much of the new one from what I saw in the demo and im hoping its only dumbed down in low rank hunts.

Any actual information would be great on helping me decide whether to buy it or not?

a chain and sickle weapon would be kind of nice

Like all first releases of a generation, it doesn't have G Rank. Wait for the inevitable G Rank rerelease and then decide.

The squad is 14 strong so far. There are others playing outside of that too.
It's not like the demo, but it is dumbed down in some areas or streamlined.
also this
If you want to be smart with your money. If you're a fag like me who tends to give in, then yea buy it and get ps+ for 1month. (not more)
If you ever extend, always extend by 1 month.

So are guns fun now?

Opposite, they let you move while shooting now on top of letting you wear normal armor, so there's even less challenge to gunning now.

Right so guns are viable and fun to use now?

Did you never play Bowguns before? They were overpowered as fuck, albeit less so for HBG when soloing. Either solo or in multi though, LBGs tore through pretty much everything.

As far as modern games go, I would say it was worth the 80 bucks cdn, which is really fuck all in the end. I haven't done any multiplayer since I joined the squad on launch, but i just want to get through some of the story missions first. So far even with the changes and jankiness is seems pretty fun. I do wish I could do cetain things, like tun the brightness on the scoutflies down as their pretty intrusive, but overall I'm having a good time, it's not like the old games were hard or they're going anywhere, so the reduced difficulty is really a moot point. Still in low rank building up weapon sets, but I'm looking forward to the inevitable g rank.

I played with the blowgun and aiming it with a controller while standing still was not fun. Being able to free move allows for the same kind of fine aim a mouse allows.

Then why did you play them in the first place? The entire appeal is the tension and difficulty.

Being able to move while shooting would be ridiculously overpowered even without having full defense from Armor. I simply can't understand your idea of "fun" at all.

I played them because I found them fun. I have been playing them since the first one on ps2 and besides the bullshit attack mapping to the right stick, the game just drew me in. The series as a whole has a sense of accomplishment downing monsters and using parts to make new weapons and armor. Perhaps it is some sort of love of grinding, I don't really know. Really there was and still is moments of tension and what not were there. But a lot of the difficulty comes from pattern recognition and situational awareness. I'm not saying world isn't dumbed down or easier, because it most defiantly is and it is unfortunate. My biggest gripes with the game though come down to the weapon models and little nit picky things.
Perhaps the user from the last thread was right about playing it too much and it seeming easy. Really after several thousand hours in the series a person forgets what it was like starting out. Thinking about it I remember FU being challenging the first time I played it, but a large part of it was getting used to the claw on the psp more than anything else, that and it was so expansive compared to MH on PS2. And having to do quite literally everything including g rank, which was totally new to me, solo since absolutely no one where I live played it until 3U came out. Yeah that made it challenging at first. But the difficulty was not what drew me into the series, rather it was something that complemented it.

It's either going to be impossible to play with or extremely easy to play with because it's a fucking gun, I would rather play like peace walker than act like a sentry gun.

ebin

Exactly, because the games were difficult.

True, which is why progression was more about you, the player, improving, rather than an experience level or the like.

Granted, you're not really going to be able to recapture the feel of starting out for the first time ever again, but I can still go back and start a new file on older generation games and have a rewardingly difficult time.

The entire point of gunning is that it's high risk high reward, and you have to git gud to use it. There's no sense of reward as is.

If a game doesn't have any challenge and victory is a guaranteed thing, where is the appeal?

where is it written that you are guaranteed victory in MH? You don't know what you're saying at all.

Have you seen the video posted earlier in the thread showing slicing shot against an odogaron? LBG is able to apply constant pressure on a monster, attacking it constantly, while casually walking away from almost all of its attacks. Look at how rarely he needs to evade or stop attacking to reposition, barely ever stopping firing other than for reloads.
Also, gunner's don't actually get full defense from armor, even though both types use the same armor. The armor's defenses and elemental resistances change depending on if you're using a BM weapon or a Gunner weapon.

Your argument was that a game doesn't have to be hard to be fun. I think you're the one who has no idea what you're talking about.

I did.

From what I've seen, the base stats are essentially old BM armor, and then some advanced weapons give bonuses, defense if BM and element if Gunner.

He's saying the bowgun is so piss easy to use, it's basically a guaranteed victory you autistic casual.

smh

Here's your (2) you faggot.

Yes starting out a new character goes through the motions, but its not really hard per say. That being said I am dissapointed with the difficulty so far in world, I'm having fun with it, but its less of a feeling of accomplishment and more of a look at me im grappeling on the trees and gliding around with the glide mantle kind of shit. Almost like a lost planet 2 or just cause 2 feeling.
It's fun right now, but I know that it's going to wear off rather quickly once the novility gets stale.
The merging of blade and gunner sets is absolute bullshit, if for nothing else than having varying sets of armour. Other than that, lbg was always extremely good, being able to move and shoot is one of the things that set bow guns apart from bows and removing that distinction is one step to homogenizing the whole system of gunners. Gunning was always extremely powerful, sometimes more than others. Underwater with normal 3 comes to mind.
A game does not have to be hard to be fun. It only needs a drip stream of reasons to continue playing. Are you saying that Mario 64 was not fun? Or Megam man x was not fun? Super Metroid was shit? How about Neir Automata or Super mario 3? None of these games are Hard in the slightest. But they are fun. Difficulty, especially on the more extreme end complements a well designed game. It does not make a game good or fun on it's own. It only complements good design choices and adds to the sense of accomplishment of overcoming a challenge.

Another great thread. :^)

I mean, it's absolutely not as difficult as the first time through since you know what you're doing, but it's still not by any means a cakewalk.

I would say that, but then I don't think I've ever enjoyed a 3D platformer.

I found both games immensely difficult back in the day, though it's been ages since I played either.

Never played.

I don't think I've ever beaten Mario 3 without warping come to think of it. I should try and see if I'm actually capable of beating every stage in it sometime.

Agreed wholeheartedly and 100%, but I do think that without difficulty a game simply can't be engaging.

Then I suppose we pretty much agree on that point then. Personally I find it to be a thing where a minimum of difficulty is needed to be engaging, and then anything on top of that complements good game design overall. Same thing with fun. There is a point where a game cannot be fun or engaging because it is too easy. Though I would not consider fun and engaging the same thing. Fun or myself is a feeling of wanting to keep playing because I enjoy something about it, be it the mechanics, design choices or whatever. Games like Mega man, Freedom Wars, the Mario games, those to me are fun, not because they are hard but because of other reasons. Engaging games for myself comes from a sense of accomplishment, and that is something that games like monster hunter, demon/dark souls, and fighting games in general provide.It is a constant desire to improve a skill set. To me anyway. And game devs cross that line all the time, making a game that should be fun and engaging neither. The examples I listed were just games that were fun, but not overly difficult for me personally, obviously experiance may vary. My thoughts are that there is things that make games fun or engaging other than difficulty. Some of that comes down to personal preference for genre, like you said with 3d platformers, some of it comes down to basic level design or game mechanics. In the case of MH world I think it is a situation of too much streamlining all at once. I personally do not think that any of the games are overly difficult per say, but that is probably due to time spent as I said before. I do recognize that MH world is markedly easier than most of the other games in the series, expect perhaps generations. Hopefully the inevitable G rank compensates for the shortcomings and changes. XX did a world of good to make generations better. But in some ways it also made it easier. So I guess time will tell.

So… what can you do with the resources you have left that you don't use? Can you use them for anything besides upgrading your equipment? Also, can you use Bonus Points for anything but as an alternative to money? I'm getting pretty rich already, but I just reach the riff.

You could use some of them for melding from what I saw. If you mean monster mats then no.
In mh Tri I was starved for poits (p), now you just get loads of (p) with little effort since mh4.
I barely use it. Just be glad you have a surplus.