Wurm Unlimited

ITT: We discuss content addition and issue fixes for the new serb

Points of further discussion:

Main links and files:
Map generation:
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133610-map-generator-28/&page=1
If map generation freezes or takes too long try running the program from the console and giving Java more memory. Java version 8 64-bit is required.
Buyfags:
g2a.com/wurm-unlimited-steam-key-global-i10000006651002
Serverfiles and client:
drive.google.com/file/d/1YOo4Dkr_ZMjVBaM932EymBUdLuCUjUxf/view?usp=sharing
MODLIST:
pastebin.com/nhd959G3
For you discfags: /Ddm99DK
Previous threads:
archive.is/hnZjd
archive.is/rTyFr

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZPyPARRs
pastebin.com/mCXfj1U4
pastebin.com/mD2nJVgf
pastebin.com/xNsUYmq7
pastebin.com/zamffMAT
pastebin.com/XwtwLbvG
pastebin.com/Fss379xw
pastebin.com/0AXK7mps
mega.nz/#!xi4UgCSZ!EpbMjdPo7gi9q097CJPNJ8n7wZ80XmsVDBSFosOaJ10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We should go pirate unless we're somehow taking over a normie server in which case we would probably need the legit game which a few aren't willing to buy including me.

Shitcord makes no sense since we have an imageboard already up for discussions and it's stupid as hell.
Depending on the serverhost it'd be their decision ultimately, but cracked is the traditional method to getting more people to play together.
Browohnheim
(Wohnheim being deutch for "keep in dwelling")

Nice village pic. Buulding small 4x4 tile houses with a steep mountain climb might be comfy and safe, another idea is to build it like Gran Soren castle in Dragon's Dogma. Have an extra inner wall for the public castle, at the edge of the cliff and the highest point.

Just saw it now.
We should gas all disagreementfags.

Just want to give my complete support for that sexy map.
It's good.
Use it.

Also, anything sub 5x5 is cancer.

disagreement is nice in a way, since it helps keep track of actual players, vs just interested ideafags who don't really play.
Threads like these are plagued with those, when it comes to "server soon " type jazz.

hol up hol up

Is this gaym kinda like UO an shieet?

is the server up ?

What do people think of the following changes?
-increasing the action queue, 1 action per ~4 mind logic instead of per 10
-improving sleep bonus, improving the rate at which you gain from the default 1/24 ratio, maybe increasing the max too
-increasing the number of affinities you naturally gain and/or the effectiveness
-removing the random delay from cooking, normally it only cooks once it gets up to temp AND passes a random check
-making it so you can ride chairs around, they're considered vehicles but they have their speed set to 0

I dunno m8 if someone makes a server it will be the first time for me, but have a bump and (you)

Eat a dick Mossad,actual player here who hopes your Disc faggotry leaks and exposes the furfags inside.

Seems like an all around good idea unless im missing something.
No.
No.
Maybe,depends if he still plans to lock everyone else from the kitchen.
Amusing,but muh immersion.

let it die already, this will stay up with 4 whiny autists for a month and then die like all of the others

As far as that goes, sure, it'd be better to use something else. I used to quite like Skype, personally. I'm not really big o n the whole 'muh privacy' thing, since I am too stupid to keep track of it. But, if you want to start a Wurm lot on, say, AOL Messanger, that's cool too.

I gave the last server a miss after an abortive start but am now sort of hankering to give it another whirl in spite of knowing it'll probably get a stack of players at the start then wind up a ghost town(s) again. I miss my old jewing hut.

One eternal problem is PVP and PVE people, there's *always* a divide within the settlements about which people want, comfy or deus vault and there's no satisfying enough way to solve it even with HotS unless you set up a contrived rivalry between two camps, which then promptly descends into shit because one side starts losing or doesn't even get off the ground and so haemorrhages players to the other side(s) until it ends up as one settlement with the aforementioned PVE/PVP divide.

PVE is better by simple virtue of avoiding the ghost town problem for longer.

So I've been going through the mods on the official forums and trying to find ones that work and those that don't.
Sometime soon I'll have a list worked out.
holy fuck these client side mods

I also prefer PVE, the struggle to get going is enough grief to tackle and I like seeing shit getting built around me while I'm eternally imping and listening to podcasts.

The ideal of course would be to find an existent pirate server with tolerable settings, a slew of twee normalfag players and a lax overboss who didn't mind the odd cobblestone swastika on their map but diamonds like that appear to have vanished.

Yes, PLEASE

can anyone share the smart steam emu files? I want to give this a try but sure as fuck ain't using steam

hello rato

I don't understand why there can't be both.
If we have some fag DMing it'll give everyone something to do PVE wise in between PvP bouts. I expect next run will have more active PvP than Brohan but I can't imagine it'll be the sole focus.

You can be comfy by supplying a war effort. It's the same effect you'd have in a PVE server, except now there's more shit to do. Siege engines, FS, armories/training grounds, first aid… priests become more useful. If one faction gets crushed then the PvE shit can continue, which is exactly what happened on Brohan although there wasn't nearly as much gusto behind it due to burn out. We still got together afterwards to tackle uniques and shit, and the black dragon tomb event the admin(s) put on.

I don't particularly like the anxiety of PvPing in this game but it was still sick to have that as an overarching goal. Byaliruth's Spine and the Fort, Big Bridge, hell horses and armor for them, archery being taken seriously, getting every bit of speed out of our carts… none of this shit would have really happened if we didn't have PvP.

PvP just adds more roles to a village. There was plenty of dudes who weren't active in PvP and instead it was just a core of PvP nerds against other PvP nerds.

What about them?

You'll see when I release this list I'm working on.
About halfway done so far.

That seems to be the unanimous preference. But then we'd need somehow who'd know how to throw a pirate server together and keep it from imploding.

I'm not advocating it, it's just there if the rare event should happen that the server goes down and 8ch isn't available for whatever reason. I'm not going to be left going to cuckchan to find out what new horror has unfolded. Discshit > Cuckchan.

One thing to consider on changes: would a change make the game simply easier, or would a change ruin the whole autistic drive certain autists have for grinding certain autistic jobs?
Like said, muh immersion.

Having played Broschwitz, I enjoyed the asshurt and conflict of PvP elements. If anything, I imagine it would help boost town drive and player interest in playing the game. Anybody who was there to enjoy what-was-that-sperg losing his shit over the easter egg hunt of finding his looted corpse knows that there's an appeal in buggering other players. Everything says is on point, imo.

I think our best choice if it's a pvp serb is to ensure either halfchan or plebbit is involved maybe both if the serb can handle 3 groups doing autistic things . I rememeber asking last thread and one of the hosts pointed out the only big drains are the mobs, map size (which I assumed was tied to one another) and ensuring the thing the serb has regular restarts to ensure memory leaks and the like are stopped before they kill the serb. That would be, I think the ideal situation, as we can have an 8/v/ badmin and then have representatives that speak for the normalfags from the other faction/factions.

You know if we could make all furniture like that it'd make placement a lot easier. I fucking hate the push and pull crap.

For something that might make sense with crates, it's a retarded feature for small items. Putting down a rug or a jar exactly where you want it shouldn't take twenty minutes of finagling. There's a few things that really need to be resolved with this game. At this point, all that Rolf needs to be inserting are a greater variety of options for tailoring and the ability to wear hats without your character going bald for literally no reason. It'd be nice to also be able to plan a structure in-game without relying on a secondary program to make sure you won't regret putting down that wall which, should you regret, knocking it down doesn't mean losing the resources you put together for it. That's one more pet peeve with this game, knocking something down doesn't get you even a fraction of everything you put into setting it up.

Alright after 3+ hours I have finally got the mod lists.
Warning these may be long but they are the best at editing the shit wurmonline forums as I could do. I hope the next serverfag has the patience to look through these. If someone sees something that needs to be fixed or removed, please let me know in this thread.

Server-side:
pastebin.com/ZPyPARRs
Advanced:
pastebin.com/mCXfj1U4
Client-side:
pastebin.com/mD2nJVgf

I should also mention, I am not suggesting we add all of these mods. It's merely a list of all the mods I could find that weren't obviously broken/abandoned.
That being said, pic related

We reached any kind of consensus on skill rates? I vote for 3x skill 5x speed. Still slower than the old 4x/4x, you just hit max speed for spamcrafting faster.
Are there arbitrarily long waiting bars besides Animal Husbandry? It's like 60s to brush a horse and it doesn't go down with skillups/improved gear. This and anything like it needs nerfing because it's just fucking obnoxious.

Definitely. Exact numbers should probably be up for discussion, though.
No, too much sleep bonus killed meaningful progression in Broschwitz.
I'd be down for 2-3, if only so you have a chance to get it in something worthwhile.
Sure, if it's an easy fix.

Absolutely mandatory, not playing without it.

Well since we have little else to talk about at the moment, any takers on particular jobs? Was kind of hoping to get into tailoring again, myself

Well our villages never get outside the hobo stage where the locals double up as the military force in the form of a militia, it would be nice to be a designated soldier. But I guess we'd need more autism, numbers and a server with normies to wage war against. I think the closest it ever got to was the original brosmouth where kriegerr made our gear and rallied our troops.

As always, main farming and assist on tailoring/treehugging/road autism.

Combat's the one thing I try to avoid with the game. Lads can go out deus vaulting it up, I'll be good staying in town with busywork.

I'm hoping that people will agree on how many other factions (may as well just call them sites at this point) that we'll have in, that way we can have people who can be trained as soldiers exclusively. That being said, I'm expecting to at least specialize in two or so life skills (probably just for building my own house among a few other things) and then a weapon and fighting style. Basically while we'd have people like you dedicated to helping take out a town/village, we'd probably rally as many people into a militia as possible, and sending everyone out to do so. Every autist doubles as a merciless pillager and looter

me friend wants me to not be a terraforma like I always do because I burn my self out on the game like that but no other job actually interests me though

Maybe minor assistance with other terraformers and but mainly specializing in stone crafting? That way you can lovingly place statues in our village and as a humorous mockery in the enemy village after a successful pillaging just have someone lug the thing in a cart, and then place it in their town square.

I'm probably going to default to my usual elf/dorf hybrid.

while stone crafting is important, it's also massively boring because if I specialize in that I'd also need to specialize in mining

>you will never leave cakes made with love and deadly poison with extra nails in the houses of plebbitors
>you will never pour hot dough over invaders to repel an attack and then leave the cake battered corpses in front of the village as a warning
Why even live

Fair enough, Hitler. I wasnt sure what you'd want to go for and just took a guess. I hope you do find something enjoyable though, the last thing I want is people burning out too quickly on top of doing shit they hate.

I'd like mining alot more if you could actually do more with it

Discussing what you'd like to do when the serb comes is fine this way we can get an idea more or less of what to expect,but i hope this is just to have something to talk about rather then some kind of "reserving" of jobs for when the serb comes.
That being said,i really don't know,ended going more or less the combat route last time along with just assisting anyway else i could mostly digging and some mining think i might pick up an actual trade this time,no idea on what,everything except mining is pretty comfy,maybe eat into the cook's profession and focus on farming and making drinks?Perhaps alchemy or boatmaking since those 2 tend to lack a dedicated player alchemy or in the case of boatmaking proves to be too much for some.
I feel like being an apprentice for a craftsman might be nice and efficient.

Map/dungeon/whateverfag here, thanks for making this, I already compiled a bunch of mods I personally thought were good though. A lot of the ones you listed either don't work with the current version or need to be built manually, but here's what I have so far:

Lets you tweak basically everything about combat stats. I used it to make a lot of changes but TL;DR:

cont'
Move to Center is now an option in vanilla but this still adds Move to Corner.
This fixes the player counter so it actually shows everyone.
Traders are immortal (fixes exploit). BL and WL priests may now cast positive spells on each other. Players with less than 65 FS, 30 Body Str or Stam, or Priesthood for any god can no longer gain hide/scales from a dragon just from standing around during a fight. Fatigue no longer exists. The "incorrect password" error should probably be fixed now if you try to log in to your account from another computer.
Characteristics no longer become basically impossible to level after 31. Normally there's a soft cap that cuts characteristic gain to 10% after level 31. Other than that the rate of gain should be the same as without the mod.
Like Armoury but for magic.Lets you rebalance basically everything about spells and priests (except restrictions) TL;DR:

Thank you for the help, I've been spending what time I had today trying to go through the list in more depth.
I'll get right on this after I finish reading it.

What I wish I had:

Honestly a lot of these sound really useful and helpful, and a variance in weapon choices is always great to see in any game. I'm still thinking of starting items though. Are we just going with 10 ql crude tools and a compass? I wouldn't be too bothered by that, personally, right now for the life of me I cant remember what else was used in the starter kit. I'm fine with no tents so an Inn becomes usable for more than our resident cooks, so that would be cool to see. Like I said though, all of those mods sound fine to me, but I don't use spells, so I'd have to let those with experience ring in with those.

That sounds awesome, now I wanna build a museum/zoo to showcase kills.

That's alot to consider,but i'm glad we have someone interested on taking up the mantle,i'll address this more in detail tomorrow,having said that i see no love for shield users,is there a way to give them a slight buff without making sword and board the default better option?For example i believe a shield user is capable of blocking up to twice every combat round,would increasing it to 3 for those who really invest in shield skill be too much or even possible to mod?

It would also really help if we go the pvp route
I'll have to check out the mod later when I'm not being slayed by college work to see if the mod includes pedestals to place the trophies on or if it even works with players

Designated soldiers would be neat if admin(s) orchestrated semi-frequent big bad monster attacks that would take more than everyone whipping out their carving knife to take down.
I went and ground out my fighting skill in Brosmouth/Broschwitz but only really got to leverage it for the good of the town while dragonslaying.

Does archery need a buff I thought it was overpowered as it was?

Sounds neat

So it seems like combat will go faster and is more deadly.
More weapons to use.

Thank fuck

But does it lag? The comments make it sound like it would, but maybe that's only if there are 100+ players.Or the hostfags computer sucks

Not needed anymore due to client mods.

OY VEY!

I support this but it would depend on how we work our econmic system out. I can see some people not wanting to just give everything they need away. Maybe they could also double up as a miner/hunter to help gather the supplies they need to turn into weapons/armor.

if monsters dropped parts which could be used to make items that aren't fuds that'd fix this issue up nicely

monster hunter wurm when?

Leather armor
Also you need pelts to imp weapons

The whole starter kit as I have it:
Format: Item Id, QL, Number, Is it a starter item? (Not impable, stays with you after death)
weapon-1=swordShort,20.0,1,true
weapon-2=shieldMediumWood,20.0,1,true
armour-1=leatherGlove,20.0,2,true
armour-2=leatherBoot,20.0,2,true
armour-3=leatherSleeve,20.0,2,true
armour-4=leatherJacket,20.0,1,true
armour-5=leatherCap,20.0,1,true
armour-6=leatherHose,20.0,1,true
armour-7=toolbelt,30.0,1,true
armour-8=backPack,10.0,1,true
item-1=handMirror,20.0,1,false
item-2=flintSteel,50.0,1,true
item-3=bowlPottery,2.0,1,true
item-4=rope,10.0,1,true
item-5=compass,30.0,1,true
item-6=deedStake,30.0,1,true
item-7=crudeAxe,20.0,1,true
item-8=crudeKnife,20.0,1,true
item-9=crudeShovel,20.0,1,true
item-10=saw,10.0,1,true
item-11=crudePickAxe,20.0,1,true
item-12=rake,10.0,1,true
(The handMIrror is just an item that you use upon spawning in to change your appearance, then it disappears before you can even see your inventory. Shouldn't be removed from starter gear or changed at all)

I think you vastly underestimate shields, my friend. They are already the best off-hand option because they are the only way to effectively block arrows. Including from arrow towers. If you are raiding a deed and approaching without a shield, you are a walking pincushion. There's also the unique ability to shield bash which can be useful. Any "nerfs" to shields/buffs to 2h are really just a way of making dual wielding a viable alternative in some cases. To be fair though dual wielding can be nice to maximize damage output for hunting and stuff.

Sadly I'm not sure if taxidermied players will display properly, but if they do that would be hilarious.

I was more trying to buff Studded and Chain and less trying to buff Archery. On second thought maybe Studded is too heavy DR for archers, but realistically why would a melee character ever use studded when Plate/Chain exists, so it ends up being pointless.
Did a little testing and it doesn't seem to lag at all, but who knows how far that will hold true, I only tested for a few players at a time. Fwiw the anti-ore xray doesn't cause any lag whatsoever so that can be enabled all the time.

I'd rather give it to people at the start and not assume that they have that mod or want to use it. With the way Wurm mods work, we should be assuming people might connect to the server with no mods at all, or every possible mod.

Dragon scales and drake hides make the best armor in the game.

that's only one set of armour though

I will still continue to shill for a 10QL starter sickle but that list sounds reasonable.

I like all the other changes in that mod but I would hate this.

I'll vouch for this as well, then yell at people to cut saplings to plant later so we don't end up looking like the end game of a Captain Planet Supervillain.

I've deforested all the local area, meanwhile my personal house hill is something of a rainforest.
Fear me mortal men.

I don't see anything wrong with this personally.
Nicely done.

If there isn't a quantifier on the amount of healing done then this is rediculously OP. Messing with other things on the server is fine but you really need to be careful when it comes to tinkering with faith based spells, one wrong step and you'll create an enormous power vacuum that'll only be discovered too late in the servers lifespan to fix.

I got my net disconnected so I probably won't be able to play again, but my advice:

-don't fuck up the server with casulshit settings and fast skillgains
-ban macroing and add some anti-cheat client but also balance shit there's no ridiculous grinds that need macros

wtf is this shit. You don't know half the crap about combat intricacies as you think you do yet you just go ahead with a fuckton of broad sweeping changes. Balance was fine as it was before and and tweaks should be minor and only done hesitantly after a lot of discussion. I could go over all these changes you've made but suffice to say you've fucked up the meta and well enough should be left along.

t. 99 fletching user whatever my pseudonym was

I'm talking about crap like praying that took like a year to get to max level because you could only pray every 2 hours or whatever

Grinding is an integral game feature that creates a game and economy characterised by scarcity, exclusivity, and specialisation. If you don't have these elements you have nothing to work towards, you have no sense of achievement or hierarchy, and no reason to play the game besides a few end-game things. If you don't like grinding you don't like Wurm, so there's no point in trying to compromise with people who don't like the central aspect of the game. Getting to level 50 should be hard and getting like level 70 should take a lot of dedication over a long period of time.

Serb is not gonna happen for a while this is all discussion still on map/serb settings so perhaps until then shit will figure itself out for ya.
I see no sugestions he gives that would decrease/increase grind only see potential changes that could be done that would expand on viable choices for combat,give additional perks at higher skill levels and more utility/slight buff to some priests.
If you're worried about:
This was already the case in Brohan,if you're worried about priests becoming too good,don't,it's very unlikely we'll be able to remove some restrictions to priests like it was on Brohan,so these buffs will entail if they are applied at all still being restricted off everything a priest can't do normally.
Only real thing i might have a problem with is Armor bonuses for Archery which if you are who i think you are Wyrda that you faggot? you know just how strong archery can be,specifically talking about Cart Archery,that's straight up too strong compared to everything else in my opinion.
Your concerns that Skill rates will be too high is shared,for reference Brohan had 4x skill and timer rates,along with 10% increased skill gain in FS,i've seen sugestions along the line of 1x/1x crazy people up to keeping the same rates we had on Brohan,personally i'd like it if they were 2x/3x on skill with 3x/4x on timer.

This is my main problem with Wurm Unlimited. Every time someone starts a new server and people start from scratch, and then people get bored and quit, back to square 1. I still have my old wurm account, it's probably around 10 years old at this point. Once in a while, I resubscribe and join some Holla Forums town on one of the official servers. All my skills are still with me, all my items (the ones that I had on me when I last logged out for a long period) are on me. Yes, that makes it unfair for those people from Holla Forums who start playing later than me. But guess what? Tough luck, faggot, I earned that 80 digging, go dig 20 thousand dirt yourself.

I think everyone is aware of this problem,and most are fine with it i believe.
It's a matter of getting the balance between having to grind your eyes out while still making progression feasible in the time that the serb lasts,we're off to a good start with a dedicated map in the works and someone willing to DM to provide a more active Wurm world.

Just because we had the best bows, arrows, armour, horses, skills, and tactics against incompetent enemies doesn't mean that archer is OP. with plate armour and a shield you're basically invulnerable to arrows from the front, it's just that we had tactical superiority so that's why we dominated them.

These changes are retarded, it's basically "lol I'm going to balance the weapons by buffing the damage of 90% of them xD". Most of the time, changes to weapon balance are arbitrary and shouldn't be contingent upon one random fucker's opinion, or for that matter, a bunch of salty plebs who don't know how to deal with certain tactics or weapons. He also fucked up armour balance by making you able to carry a shitload and be at full speed (optimise your inventory OR FUCKING TRAIN BODY YOU PLEB if you want to be fast), making leather armour completely irrelevant, and making it so you can be an uber-archer character in dragon scale. The only thing that needs to be changed is the archery penalty in dragon hide.

Real balance changes are shit like:

-stopping people from macroing, which can pretty much destroy the game if people abuse it
-stopping people from having alts, because they fuck up the meta by making it mandatory to have a combat character and a crafting character, and penalises you if you just want one character that does everything. If you want to be a priest, then you should have to sacrifice certain utilities for the abilities you gain. No more stuffing a cart full of alts to get more dragonhide.
-carts and horses. The only reason chariot archery cough that I pioneered cough was strong was that putting HH on a cart was like giving them steroids, whereas individual horses would slow to a fucking snail pace if they had a tiny injury or they had to carry any more than a fucking feather on their backs. There was still a melee penalty that made fighting from a cart disadvantageous. So what needs changing is that horses should actually be faster than carts until they've taken damage rather than the other way around. It'd be nice if we could make it so you could shoot an bow while moving on a horse, but it seems that's a problem inherent to the game so there's nothing we can do about it. But anyway, it's inevitable that HH chariots are the endgame meta for shooting or transport, the only thing that needs to happen is that cavalry should be buffed in speed (and durability, slightly) and chariots should be slightly slower.
-there should be a feature implemented where terrain has various properties that have effects on mobility and stamina loss. For example, muddy fields should slow down cavalry and heavily-armoured characters. Indoors or dense forests could give a debuff to large unwieldy weapons like greatswords. This makes it so infantry actually has tactical relevance like they had IRL and it could increased the depth of combat.
-get rid of the ungodly tanking ability against melee with shields, that made it pretty much impossible to kill someone with low health quickly, even if two high-skilled two-handed users targeted him, even if one of them had the fucking sword of magrannon. Against two mediocre+ shield users, duels would literally last over 2 minutes and only end when one person ran out of stamina

That's just an idea of relevant changes that came to mind, it's not a comprehensive list.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, those who aren't willing to grind never stick with the game anyway, it's not use catering to those people.

What I'm really interested in in creating a server that has longevity, that attracts various groups of normalfags and has a big enough population for there to be enough interactions between groups to be interesting. So gearing a server for something like that, we would want something like a 3x 3x or 3x 4x skill increase, as well as a large map with robust server settings, and non-incompetent mods who govern with a laissez-faire style. I believe that there is a niche in the market for a hardcore, largely unmoderated PvP server, so with planning and advertising, we could make it successful and long-lasting. I'm not really interested in having another fling with a server that lasts a few months. When you put effort in to something you want it to last.

anyway, I'm off for now, I'll check the thread in a day or two.

There is a quantifier on the amount of healing done, it's the same as before. Scorn of Libila used to work that it healed up to two wounds nearby, now it's just guaranteed to heal those two. Changing it to this basically just gives HOTS priests an actual healing spell of some kind. At least that's how I understand it, I admit I'm not a magicfag and never dabbled in priesting in-game so if anyone wants to correct me or suggest their own balance changes, go ahead. I'll say it again, you can tweak basically everything with these two mods so it's like a dream come true, you guys should suggest which balance changes you'd want to see, everything I did here was basically whatever I personally thought would be good and that's all.

If you really think it's fucked, you should say why. I geniuinely want feedback because there might be things I'm missing that more experienced players may understand. Wurm combat was not perfectly balanced as it was, that's precisely why mods like this exist.

Carts can be made slower, or should it instead be that horses are faster? Either (or both) of these is possible.
AFAIK this isn't possible without a custom mod. It might not even be possible at all unless you make it apply to every mount/creature
Interesting idea, but again not possible with any known mods, so add that to the wishlist
This is tough, on one hand shields need to have a significant ability to block attacks in order to server their purpose, and intuitively you'd think a giant metal shield would protect you pretty well. On the other hand it makes no sense that one guy can sit in the middle of three others and hide under his shield, somehow deflecting blows from all sides. I think there should be a penalty to shield blocking that increases for each additional opponent the creature is in combat with, if possible - but again, that'd need a custom mod. Best I can do right now is buff the Phasing spell or directly nerf shields (want to avoid doing that, except maybe a movement penalty?).

The damage of many weapons was buffed, but the DR of all armor was also buffed. In theory this really adds up to is 1. Certain weapons which were a joke before are now usable 2. Walking around without any armor is potentially deadly 3. Combat is more lethal. 4. Players aren't completely screwed even though I've set the Player Combat Rating bonus to only be like 2 instead of the normal 5 or something (to make monsters tougher, or rather to make players weaker in relation to monsters). The buffs aren't large at all, usually a factor of 10-25%, only really the knives have seen major changes to make them somewhat viable weapons. I'm going to be testing these changes and adjusting them though, we have months after all so I figure I might as well tweak em. But feel free to suggest what you think the balance should look like.

tbh I personally find encumbrance limits really annoying in a game like Wurm so on Brohan I relaxed them a little bit, and I did the same in this config too. Armor still slows you down just like it always did, that slowing is a penalty inherent to armor and has nothing to do with your total weight. Iirc you can carry literally nothing but your armor and if you're wearing Plate it will still slow you down. These movement penalties can also be adjusted, I didn't touch them because I felt they were acceptable, but if you have any ideas here let me know.
As it stands Leather still gives a larger bonus to Archery/magic, so strictly speaking if you're an archer or mage who plans on staying in the back lines it's better. Maybe the studded bonus can be lowered to 10%, but I'd prefer it not be 0 so that there's an incentive to use Studded armor which is more expensive and harder to make than Leather to begin with. Of course it offers more protection but it's a higher tier armor, you have to expect that. Also the bonus helps differentiate it a bit from Chain which had its penalty slightly lowered to make Chain more viable compared to Plate.
The change to Drake Armor was made because Drake Armor basically looks like a leather armor and I figured it was rare, so it should have superior properties to ordinary plate armor. Its DR is exactly the same as Plate and it's lighter, but remember that Plate armor can be made from moon metal which gives a percentage based DR boost, meaning Glimmersteel Plate has the highest possible damage reduction, higher even than Dragonscale Armor. Dragon/Moon armor is meant to be simply superior to lower tier armors, it's endgame equipment and would only be acquired from fighting bosses or doing dungeons/quests, so I don't feel bad at all about buffing it. Though a 20% bonus is probably too much for the level of DR it offers, should probably just bring it to a 0% penalty and -20% for Dragonscale.

I don't think having terrain bonuses would work well. If the goal is to make infantry more relevant we could buff spears. I think they get a bonus against people riding horses and we could increase it. I don't see why there needs to be a distinction between cavalry and infantry though. Even if there was one, you can switch between them at will by getting on or off your horse, that is until your horse dies then you're only infantry.

Hyped for a lot of these changes.

This seems fucking ridiculous, considering a superior iron sword would now far outclass a rare seryll sword.

That's true, but I highly doubt we'd ever get a supreme weapon. If we did I expect that to be the only one.

I agree it's less of a cav/infantry problem and more of a "spears suck" problem. Cavalry will always have some kind of advantage because they have superior mobility, giving them the ability to disengage at will. That's why the key to PVP is taking advantage of your mobility, individuals can even win 2 or 3v1 engagements against unprepared players using that kind of method. The theoretical counter to that is archery which can harm anyone from a distance, and the theoretical counter to that is infantry with plate and shields which can totally shrug off arrows. But obviously it comes down to individual scenarios.
I think it was a bonus if the person wielding it is mounted, actually. I'll have to check for that bit of code again.

Of course it would, considering weapon materials never affected damage or speed whatsoever. Just how fast they take damage during use, which barely matters at all. Which I think is stupid anyway, moonmetal weapons should have special boosts when used for weapons like they do when used in armor. Maybe Adamantine would reduce enemy damage reduction when dealing damage, Glimmersteel would boost overall damage, and Seryll would boost attack speed or something. But that's another thing we'd need a custom mod to change.
Though you have a point that .4 may be too much time per tier, it'll have to be tested. I mostly just wanted it to be theoretically possible to have a Fantastic Carving Knife that attacks at a retarded quick rate, it sounds fun.

Don't glimmer weapons swing faster while seryll will never shatter from chants?

Yeah you're right, I think I was looking at outdated or incorrect information.

I personally imped a dudes maul supreme in Broschwitz, I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

It hurts it hurts I didn't get to use it more that is!

Alright I want to die from reading so many inarticulated autists talk about or not explain at all how their mods work. I spent the entire day making a better list of mods that will hopefully be a little bit better. I know said that a lot of the mods didn't work and listed some specific ones, but I was able to get them to not crash the server so I don't know what to say so I kept them in the "working" list. But as I say in the server mod list, I am not able to verify every last thing about every single mod here, this is just the best I can do for now.

Server-side Mods:
pastebin.com/xNsUYmq7

Client-side Mods:
pastebin.com/zamffMAT

Advanced Modding Stuff:
pastebin.com/XwtwLbvG

Broken Mods:
pastebin.com/Fss379xw

Handy Stuff:
pastebin.com/0AXK7mps

Wow, you went and tested all of those mods to see if they crash on start or not? I listed those mods as not working because they haven't been updated since the new Wurm update, and in some cases people in the thread have said they've run into errors, so I felt it was pretty safe to assume they're not safe to run. But if they can be salvaged and actually safely used that's a great idea.

So the bdew fixed version works then? Or it's also broken?

It does work. At least from when I tested it. Which part didn't work for you?

Does this mean they will swim if you stop leading them, or they will just wander into the water randomly?

Yes

I completely forgot about that, just checked it and no. I was assuming they added it to their compilation thread and overlooked it, thanks for catching that.

I was able to still see ores and creatures through everything.
The ore esp only works if you go underground.

Both.
I lead a horse across a river and then unlead him. After checking a few things I came back and he was swimming.

I had to reread your last question a few times and I don't think I answers clearly enough.
The horse didn't start swimming while still on land in mid air.
He wandered off back into the river for a swim.
The creator mentions that they will start taking damage if you unlead them. Not sure if he meant if they swim for too long they will drown or if there's a bug in which they drown if you unlead them over water regardless if they make it back or not.

You have to enable the anti-ESP portion by using the command !toggleESP in-game as an admin (power level 5). It seems stupid since they don't tell you this but I actually think it's a good idea because it gives you the option to toggle it off if no major PVP is currently going on to reduce potential lag.

I didn't have this experience, are you just using the latest version of WurmESP and LiveMap or something else? As far as I could tell, all tiles surrounded by rock appeared as rock to the client, and even when above ground, some tiles visible through cave entrances would appear as rock until you entered the cave. It wasn't possible to xray any ores for me, so I'm curious why this would work for you.

This is what I was wondering, if wild animals would simply wander into water for a swim now if the mod is enabled. The mod sounds good but if creatures are going to start wandering into the water that may be a deal breaker, especially if it kills them, especially especially if how that interacts with uniques is unknown.

Fuck, I'll check that out and fix the guide.

I used the esp and livemap together but it was upon installing the esp that i noticed it working. It doesn't remove the texture of the cave walls, it just adds a colored wireframe box where the ore cube is located. I can take screenshots if you want.

I agree, but I only saw the original horse I lead taking a swim.

I got some changes and experimenting to do tomorrow, but for now I sleep.

Right, but the anti-cheat is supposed to make all ore tiles appear as rock to the client if they're surrounded by other rock. You should post a screenshot, the only ore the ESP should be able to pick up are ore cubes which have been exposed on one or more sides - which the client should be able to see anyway, so it's not a problem. note that this won't prevent, say, finding an ore vein someone already uncovered that you didn't know was there, but it should prevent being able to just tunnel straight to whatever ore you want with xray vision.

to any buyfags who want to play now the server Jed's haus bote in the launcher is pvp and has an admin who doesn't ban for banter.

I'll come get some practice in. Name?

You are right about the anti-cheat working on the ore esp.
The mob ESP works regardless of the anti-cheat toggle settings.

shows the anti-cheat turned off and still working

shows the anti-cheat removed from the server files

shows the esp on and mobs still showing

I spent some time messing with the "Lead creatures over water" mod. I tried to get the horse to drown by leading him around and around a lake. I spent two stamina bars worth and he still would not take damage, he was even left alone to swim on his own for a couple minutes and he still didn't take any damage. He didn't immediately try to go for the shore when I unlead him in the lake, maybe 3-4 minutes later he eventually wandered over to it but it didn't seem like it was deliberately going for it.
I didn't see any other mobs swimming on their own, but as I said yesterday, I lead a horse and he wandered back into a river.
I'm not sure if this is related to the mod but when I disembarked from my horse it reloaded my client and left an esp outline of my horse. I tried to recreate it and it did nothing.

horse like swim
You can also see the esp outline I was talking about behind my inventory.

Some more of the esp outlines, I think it might be either spawn points or just where the esp initially sees something.

Heres the horse after force swimming him for awhile and letting him wander back to shore on his own.

The ESP doesn't block mobs. It blocks other players as well as creatures being led by players or mounted by players. If it blocked all mobs it would lag the server to death with even a single player because it works by raycasting between the player and each potential target every second or so. So yeah it doesn't fix mob ESP but that isn't really the point, PVP is more important I think.

You were able to test this?

Just like, make a server already

>tfw someone posts your OC

It gave me a good chuckle m80

I tested other players but not mounts/leads, but theoretically there's no reason it shouldn't work, the code seems fine

If you guys ever get another serb going, I'll probably come back for another round of smithing autism. I never got 100 blacksmithing like I intended.

I've been running a local server with 2x/2x just see how things will go and with these starting items.
All around it is good except for the crude knife, the hunt for branches is inevitable. I'm going straight for iron and I've had to get multiple branches for crude shovels and pickaxes.
I suggest replacing the crude knife with a carving knife so that the ability to make shafts is accessible from the start.

With a mod that allows mobs to wander into bodies of water,won't eventually some darwin award nominees wander too far and kill themselves due to starvation?
Also,since you were big brother on Brohan,did ya ever notice that Boars committed mass suicide?You could hear them and if you where around,see them,take damage out of seemingly nothing,what was the deal with that?
Some sugested starvation,but i spotted one taking damage while standing on a grass tile so i figured that wasn't it.It was weird,just boars that we noticed,don't know if it had anything to do with them being a spirit animal or if it was some kind of bug.
Poor piggy's.

This is possible, as I've stated earlier, I've only seen one horse do that and it was after leading him through water already.
I'm not sure if they have to be "taught" how to swim or what.
I also lead a horse around a lake for awhile to see if it's stamina would drain enough to the point it would start drowning but I either didn't lead him enough or they won't drown.
Starving is a different question, I'm currently running this local server to see how things go over time and will report back my findings.
Although I did watch my horse stop in mid swim and do the "eating" animation.

So is a new serb actually being worked on? I would hop back on for some more tism as long as the server's pirate-friendly, there's no way I'm buying this.

Testing mods, testing rates, finding ways to let an admin make the game more interesting.
It's in the works.
We also need someone to host that; has a decent computer/server, decent internet, willingness to work on the server and patient.

Sadly I can't help with anything in the spoiler, but I'll keep an eye on the threads and hope that everything comes together again. I just wanna make bows and ropes inside my comfy mansion. Oh, and I actually want to start & finish my swastika tower this time.

I mean, sure the boars cries as they die in front of you from no seemingly natural reason will terrify your dreams at night, but think of all the food chefanon will cook up

and for what?food.
I bet your favorite weapon is a spear and you enjoy going into combat with nothing but your loincloth.

Actually the spear WAS my brother's favorite, until his iron spear was thrown into a fire and used as fuel because someone mistook it for a metal object because iron I'm more of a hammer guy myself. But thank you Captain Planet, I have seen the error of my ways, I hope we can save Ferngully together.

I hope weapons do get rebalanced so I don't have to sacrifice as much efficiency for choosing aesthetics over yuge axe or med maul/wooden shield.

why would you do this?

What, too much fun for you?

they're already impossible to outrun unless you have woa shoed hell horses, and even then you might need a decoy
uniques are in a bad place for smaller servers anyway, things like the forest giant and red dragon are nearly impossible to kill without an army

Quality fucking piratefag files you got there you goddamn inbred. Consider drinking bleach and taking the rope at the same time and get back to me on which one works quicker.

FOR ACTUAL PIRATEFAGS
mega.nz/#!xi4UgCSZ!EpbMjdPo7gi9q097CJPNJ8n7wZ80XmsVDBSFosOaJ10

This applies the old steam bypass method employed by the slav server and the first ser/v/er from the old days. Copy it to WurmLauncher folder in the client files provided by the hotsnigger OP and you should be good to go.

If i remember correctly the user who uploaded the files did say that they're not pirate friendly, he just uploaded the newest version and it seems he forgot to delete his player files. No need to be a humongous faggot, just a bit will do.

Bullying is the law of the land

But yeah it wasn't necessarily OP's fault since it wasn't him who put together the copypasta and the person who made the copypasta got the link from another user. Just add the new link to the new thread OP and everything should be good to go.

I bully everyone, even the other bullies

Thanks for the correction, xXxEdgemaster_XtremexXx. Three threads in and it's the angstiest cockmongler that notices. Who knows what wonders there would be if only we had more supreme autists like yourself involved. My hat is tipped, m'lord.

what has to be changed serverside for piratefags to connect?

Why are Tomoko-posters the most insufferable faggots around? You may as well be a furry or pony poster as far as I'm concerned.
You're one of the reasons people overwhelmingly hate weebs on here.

Soon…

It's as if there it was a sign from above itself to wait for the proper serb

feel some more gondola

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but sometimes they are just really nice when you're sitting there working

Wurm is to me what runescape once was to me. As I enter a new stage of life I still have that precious thing, but it has taken a wildly different and yet so similar form. These gondolas are that feeling for me, and maybe some others too. If I find a unique moment that is wholly Wurm that deserves a gondola for how it makes me feel I will use wurm music.

I bet you never even beard midnight breeze, of all things, have you user?

Fair enough fam, I can think of a few moments but nothing I could ever capture.

that was such a short and bland song tbh

It's memorable for me because I thought some ad was hidden in the background and when I realized it was actually Wurm it was over there are a lot of good songs, but a lot of them are actually only during specific events (founding, disbanding a village, etc) so it's actually tough to catch some, but they are there

but user ads are hidden everywhere and infact you are an ad

Thats fucking ridiculous play Wurm nigger I don't know what would make you think that you better just go ahead and play Wurm nigger

I have a sudden urge to play wurm for some reason

Don't we all?

Fisherman.

Alright,which of you faggots told Aaron,to start taunting me about there not being a serb up yet?
Just because Aaron doesn't manifest himself physically and only speaks to me doesn't mean he can't be a dick.
Please don't do it again.Please.

Who's the faggot,cmon don't blueball us now,tell us so we can bully him.

AAYYRON you faggot, don't Fuck with my nigga Mapanon/hostfag, he is doing great work you better remember clay and needs to continue doing great work, unbullyed, you understand? I don't need some limp wristed soyboy nigger commie chromosome hoarder trying to break him, you got that?

SERB IS UP EDITION
serb: 158.69.241.206
port: 3734
3x/3x rates
Pirate client friendly
GET IN

shit man, isn't it a little early for that

YOU FOOL, YOU'LL DESTROY US **WITH CLASSES* ALL

What the fuck are you doing?

To get the max amount of people in because some actually go to college, yes. The map isn't even what was being settled on. This is some bullshit.

You can piss and bitch and moan or you can play game, brotendo

Then hand over the map files nibba, oh yea das rite

Fuck's sake, what kingdom is anybody even suppose to join? This is the shittiest god damn thing.

Could it be that maybe the map files are in the hands of the mapfag who was working on the map until summer when we were going to set up the server? Were you in any of the previous threads?

oh darn, that sucks

This

This is why we kept calling for summer before the server started. The map is being made, the mapanon is also getting other things set up, this was all to keep people hyped up as we slowly moved into summer.

It's true what they say, the worst evils are built off the best of intentions. And this Wurm serb, standing before me even as I have to get to homework, this is true evil.

now you have a reason to finish your work with time to spare, user.

Map looks like shit, mountains fucking everywhere.

Wake me up from this hell.

There is no justification for playing on this server. You don't run into a dockyard, shit on the floor, and think everyone will be convinced it's a boat. This is borderline blasphemous.

D-did you forget to place clay? I can't see any.

why don't waitfags just fuck off for the next 6 months?

Nope. This serb is not legitimate. You are fucking everything up because you couldn't keep your hands off your dick.

Which comes first already?

Of course it's not user, it's pirate friendly. :^)

YOU WHAT?

WEW
6 MONTH FAGS BTFO
which pirate client is compatible? take the client in OP and stick steamemu in?

this'n

What mods?
Have you done any testing to see if you can run this for extended period of time? Thanks java
How many admins? Can we know their names?
Have you done this before?
Thanks for springing this up out of nowhere with no info besides, THIS IS MY SERVER JOIN NOW.
I'm not saying that we need to wait 6 months, but shit nigger, you should have given some info beforehand.
Also this is a pretty low blow to mapanon who's been working on making a perfect map.

Oh look,user's can't contain their load,imagine my shock.

consider it a warmup

N-not mapfag user,just someone who misses comfy wurm like we had

I'm just saying we should have more info about what we are doing.
Nobody has said which kingdom to join either.
Is this going to be an 8ch vs cuckchan vs normies?
Is this advertised on cuckchan is so?
Pretty unfair if not.

This. We're led to believe a random server pops up out of nowhere with as little information given as possible other than "Join plz". Are there even any more admins other than just one hostfag? Did you even add mods? Will this fucking die and waste EVERYONE's time on a shitty server? We need details.

Everyone was waiting for the server, that's why so much time was being put into content such as mapfags, hostfags, etc. all working on each corner of the game on their own. That's why people are pissed, when projects are rushed it is blatantly shitty on launch, as goes with ANY game.

As always, it's some random faggot who comes into a perfectly good set-up and shits all over anything without providing the most basic of details. I would be completely unsurprised if the discfags were behind this. All of this build-up for some assholes to ruin it all. Here I was worried there'd be too much splintering between people deciding on kingdoms again, but nope, shit's ruined before the serb even goes live.

I agree with ya mate,this seems like a cheap grab by someone who was watching the last thread and gauged the interest to be high.

LMAO

"We don't want a casual server"
50% aggro rate.

Zero info, probably no thought put into it, I bet this server is a complete desaster hosted by someone who has no idea what he is doing. Not gonna join until all the info is provided and people report the server doing the stuff we discussed.

Don't fall for this bullshit, people. This is exactly what Bowman did and we all know how that server ended, and what he became afterwards…

into the trash it goes

Kill yourself.

Is this going to be changeling round: wurm edition?

Oh so this is the work of the 1 faggot no one liked in Brohan,whose very own cuckmates PLEADED for us to destroy his tower as we pillaged their city.
Great.

inb4 they try to make the new thread at the expense of everyone else

Daily reminder that Bowman = Althazar

He's still butthurt and knows that hosting the server too early is the best way to hurt us. Don't fall for him. It's indeed a changeling, call the goddamn shuttle.

Son of a bitch was probably hoping to get as many people as possible on and then shut it down a week or two in out of spite.

Just don't post in the thread if they do.

I doubt it, it's more of a joke. You can tell 5 seconds after joining.

join whatever kingdom you want, the people involved in setting it up didn't all join the same side. If you were to log in and see things for yourself instead of bitching and ass aching you'd have seen the global in events that says Default is one of the admins. The server is 3 gigs. Bowman had no hand in the server, his files were used to create the new pirate client. Pull your panties out of your ass.

No exit, friendo.

Serious discussion time, legitimate warmup server when and does the server even have clay or are we being fucked with

I am sitting here playing monster hunter world, I uploaded the client files which happened to include my player files but that's all. I'm fine with waiting for 6 months like everybody else.

The sad part is this will probably happen, and if it's as shitty as everyone is saying it is then you can be rest assured Wurm will die for much longer than any six month deadline would be.

If we split up between factions the server is already over. Mark my words. We are NOT enough people to fill more than one faction. We tried it before, it was the saddest wurm server I ever saw.

Get that blackpill shit out of here and have some damn hope.

We haven't really discussed which kingdom to join yet. All I know so far is that we will probably have the chans vs each other and maybe add normies later or in a separate kingdom.

I'm not blackpilling. But I am at the very least skeptical about all this since details have yet to be delivered. I would be fine if this was a test server of all things, but claiming this is THE server makes me worried for everything we've worked so hard to achieve.

The only ones saying this is the official server are the fags that set it up.
Join it and see for yourself that it's an obvious joke, you can tell it is instantly.

It's apparently just a test server so that they can do learning by doing. Don't invest too much time but do take a look.

If they do try it, we'll just make our own thread and report bomb the mods. A handful of dipshits can't be allowed to hijack the show like this.

Hope is dead. For sure, there will be a HOTS faction. As far as I remember, we've always gone MR. People are going to do what they're going to do, but splitting up is what killed Broregon and helped to smother the rest of Brohan. People shouldn't be outright hated for splitting up, but they should keep in mind what might happen if they do.

Stop drinking the kool-aid

This is bullshit due to lack of reading comprehension.

There is no new server yet.

You got what you came for

Yeah that's bullshit. Everyone just left and nobody gave me a modlist when I asked. Fuck off with this server bullshit mate there's nothing to test on it but my patience.

How stupid are you?
I'm showing that this server is a joke and that all the fags saying that this is going to split our community in two and no one is going to end up playing when the actually server comes up are idiots.

They are far from fresh at this point, expectant of nothing but faggotry with anything more unified than a weekend get together. I ask you, why are you surprised, and how fresh are you?

Did you mean to post in the Splatoon thread, user?

If this is truly a test server, the best way to go about it would not be to spring it up out of nowhere and have a shit-fest spawn.
The best way to stress test a new server is to set a future date in which quite a few people agree on and join around the same time(for example, Febuary 5th at 5pm EST). Also don't have a spawn where people get attacked immediately, freak out and then leave in anger.

If my reply was misread as shilling for the joke, I'm sorry but I was more getting angry at the despair. I AM ANGRY ANGRY ABOUT DESPAIR.

Fuck off culter scum

kill yourself nigger
your tiny trash map alone is enough warning sign to stay away

Not sure how to feel about this development yet.

So apparently the host isn't Althazar but an oldfag who hosted before. I didn't have time to check out the map yet, but he only invested one day into it - it's historically impossible that there are no fuckups with it, but then again, from what I've heard he has experience? It seems like this is a serious attempt, but it also feels very rough so far.

Spawn is dangerous as fuck though. But we have top dorfs working on it RIGHT NOW (I think).

Personally I'm not gonna invest that much time until we're officially starting our town and shit, I sure as fuck don't want to be mayor twice in a row anyway, gonna take it easy. But if this server takes off and is well recieved I'll keep everyone fed as always.

Just don't wurm-out completely on this one until we know this isn't gonna be another Bowman serb. Give it a fair chance, but watch out for the red flags we encountered in the past.

kill yourself also
I hope this is the one faggot shilling under multiple IDs and that my fellow Holla Forumsurmfriends aren't actually this fucking stupid.
Or maybe it's just cuckchan migrants.

Which one is the rangen map? The one of the serb now? Because I've been told that dungeonmaker user is behind this serb.

I'm not saying "go play on this serb", I'm saying "this could possibly work, but I have mixed feelings, give it a chance I guess.".

If there is another serb already being made with a map where more work went into it and where all our discussion in this and the last thread is being considered during its creation then that would probably be the better choice.

I just don't want people to be split into two groups again, because it'll cause both groups to die from not having enough players, probably.

Doubtful, even the cuckchanners were waiting on the summer map

Dungeonmaker is the one doing this server.

Post source on this fake news. Dungeonfag was backing the original serb concept, not this bullshit. There is zero reason why he'd do this without stated as such ITT.

How does Life is Feudal compare to this game?

The source is that I am in the ((((disagreement)))) where the host and admin are in, I'm just telling you what I was told. I'd be happier if there was are more thought-through serb being built as we speak, too, to be honest.

I mean shit, the map looks interesting, BUT:

I want to be positive about this, but it's hard. Especially when sober.

4/v/ is just waiting for a serb, no one has the knowledge on hosting a Wurm server and no one has even entertained the idea of hosting it.

>The source is that I am in the ((((disagreement)))) where the host and admin are in, I'm just telling you what I was told.
You can't post a screencap? I see nothing in chat.
It's an usurper server that has done the complete opposite these threads have established, pushed by a select few that obviously came from discshit. There can only be disappointment.

doubt
Where the fuck have you been? Mapanon has been posting for the past ~3 threads.

It's fucking tiny and mountains obstruct 50% of the landmass. The map is miserable and obviously had no corrective effort put into it.
This faggot said jack shit after multiple threads that have been culminating in a serb with lots of fucking effort put into it that he is now trying to derail with this shit sandwich meant to tempt impatient mongs and casuls who haven't paid attention, splitting the population from the upcoming good server.

How do you fix something that's deliberate? Or are you talking specifically about the trees?
I don't believe that someone can genuinely think that doing to a spawn is a good idea.
And the whole idea of using a rangen map and throwing the server up with no information out of nowhere is obvious as well to the intention of the host.
Also the host is in FUCKING LEAF country, albeit it is a server hosting company.

any one?

Never played it so I can't say.
I haven't heard about that game in over a year and thought it was abandoned.

What is it with Leafs shitting on everything they see?

Life is Literally Who? I don't understand the question.

LiF is shit and became abandonware so that the devs can re-release it as an MMO, combat isn't fun in either game.

Guys. I've always loved the concept of Wurm, and I'd love to join on the summer server, but I work a ton and wouldn't have the time to go full autistic like I'd want to. What would be the best way for me to contribute?

Just do what you can.
Gathering resources is always in demand.

Offhand, yes. More anons should get fresh.

Just do whatever interests you. If you treat a goddamn video game like a job you aren't going to enjoy it.

Jump in and for the first few hours, just get used to the game and controls. It's very wonky at first. After you feel confident, ask if you can help. Don't feel any pressure for a while though.

That said I strongly believe carps/smiths/masons/plate smiths should be able to supply themselves with their own wood/lumps/stones/and coal. Otherwise you've got two guys dependent on one another to be useful, meaning once one quits the other is up a creek without a paddle.

we also need more people in roles so when the blacksmith decides he wants to be a champion it doesn't fuck everything up

Where are we on progress for the legit server, btw? I've only glanced at the modding talk but it looked like a lot of dumb shit was being suggested and slowing things down, can we trim the fat?

If you mean contributing to the community without having high skills, clay of any quality is always, always in demand. Any QL of iron for grinding/bulk smithing like nails and ribbons. Forging communal nails/ribbons yourself also helps. Cotton/wemp is also generally in short supply and farming is pretty low-grind.
Most of that is pretty boring, though, besides farming. Pruning/replanting sprouts from trees to counteract the inevitable deforestationiggers is a fairly active and useful contribution, too.

Still testing things as far as mods go and seeing just how fucked java is at allocating resources over time.
So far no one has come out and said they are willing to host at least that knows wtf they are doing.

Oh God, can we do a mountain settlement? They're max comfy. I went to Banff a couple years back and it was the best trip of my life.

The server that is up has fucktons of mountains.

Yeah, but it doesn't seem that many people are too enthusiastic about it with so little information given.

Is a discshit fake server with zero legitimacy, it doesn't count.

there's like ten people playing right now. what do you want to know about the server?

Despite your digits being off by one I completely agree, Splatoon needs more anons and I feel the game should be even more popular, although apparently cute squids are all the rage in Nippon

Just try to start doing something that sounds nice, a word of warning that shipbuilding is grind intensive, both on getting materials and on actually building said boat, but beyond that the best part of Wurm is community fun and shit posting about current events for laffs. As others have said raw material gathering, especially clay is always in high demand it is literally necessary for almost everything beyond a basic campfire to cook food and smelt ore, and even then actual food items may take clay to actually make too but feel free to branch out in different things. One user wanted to be an apprentice for others, and if that sounds fun you can do that too.

anyone have the image someone made of when we raided HOTS and unsealed their ancient evil?

mountains look great but they can be a pain in the ass
leveling roads up to there, getting resources like clay, and easy access to water are all things you have to keep in mind

After spending six hours with Wend unloading all those goddamn bricks onto the ship I never want to see another mountain again.

why not just become nomad vikings?

Really it's because any sizeable group of boat riding pillagers is going to require heavy training in combat, well made weapons and armor to handle enemies, along with other logistics, and that's before we even get into boating materials. Top it off with needing multiple settlements to raid and you'd be hard pressed to be able to pull it off in something as resource intensive as Wurm.

That isn't to say we can't just act like we when we go out raiding, however.

The actual map in OP has plenty. There'll be far more mountain peaks than there are anons to stand on them.
Broschwitz's map wasn't as rocky as the piece of shit faggola's trying to shill and the experience of exploring it was still nightmarish.
t. the guy who explored it all and found most of the dragons

There's really no point to being vikings if we're the only ones on our serb. Who are we to raid resources from if there's no pubbies to bully? Boatfaggotry is also really annoying to grind. I built a caravel, so I should know.

Food. Can't raid meals 24/7. Would be neat if we could work ovens on larger ships and cook what we fish while we sail.

That is exactly why I will be parking my fat ass on the Nile.

I absolutely agree. We must secure the existence of squid and a future for freshness.

Wait. Why am I talking about this in a Wurm thread?

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the tips.

because at this point sometimes it's okay to have a crossover once in a blue moon

Hope you find something you enjoy user. It's all about having fun

Yeah, that bare section of riverside greenery in front of the forest is still my favorite spot so far.

It was beautiful. I haven't reclined and considered in a while. Even though I used to do it as a hobby as a teen. I miss when I used to feel. Nintendo isn't breaking my heart.

How fucked is that dirt layer?

This is in a hilly area. It's not fucked further down the mountainside.

This server looks like trash and the hostfag is a (2) and done cocksucker. I'll wait for the kickass anatolia map tbh, willingness to play wurm is a finite resource, afterall.

(1)

Nintendo honestly took my heart with Splatoon. Having a game as fun as it was in that moment in my life was nice. It felt good actually being able to sit there and say, "I'm having a good time playing something actually made recently"

Wurm got me in a similar way, with how the game makes it necessary to have a community of people working together. Add in laughing about the election in Broschwitz and the other players in that wurm server being faggots that got BTFO on an almost daily basis basically set the thing in stone for me.

Don't worry, keep shilling, maybe you'll get more incontinent retards to bite.

but he's right, cunt
Even if it's only our most premature retards jumping on the sham serb, village bodies are precious and it's shit to have a third of the table burn out on the bread basket before the main course arrives.

When the admins asked for the map why didn't it get posted? The original plan was to use that map and make this mythical perfect server you party poopers wanted.

Because it's still being worked on

Well shit sparky, guess you left the loaf in the oven too long.

Well shit faggot, guess you like eating raw dough

Rather play video games while it's wet and soggy outside than spend my free summer time cooped up in a house. "The painter is never finished with his painting" rings true here, the map was great. It was ready to go. Shit, if you uploaded the map and handed it to default I fuckin' bet he'd switch to it or at least ask if that's what people wanted. I doubt anyone playing would bitch so long as we kept the skills we've already been on the grind for. The server was put up because people were hungry to play and nobody else was doing anything. If you sit on your ideas someone will beat you to them and they'll never do it the way you would have liked. You have to jump on those ideas. It's not some kike plot to ruin the board community, it's not some scheme to fuck anyone over. It is just a server there for those who were thirsty to play.

nah kill yourself kike

butthurt waitfags everywhere
this is going to have to move along much more quickly. by the time you get it together there's going to be 3 waitfag autists left and everyone else is going to be burned out again

Wow, I wonder why everyone else was actually fine waiting on a tailor made map, with an user planning out quests and dungeons, with multiple anons working on a good mod list, with people from 4/v/ in the loop waiting for the game, while discussing all OF THIS SHIT. It might possibly be so the serb actually lasts longer than a month, if that.

it's literally one guy trying to force people to play on a shit server, just wait till summer

This, to be honest. Ignore the jew(s) and carry on with the development of the actual server.

I'll tell ya how i feel,that someone is putting up a shit stock server because they personally can't wait until shit has been figured out.
Only reason this server is up is because the faggot/faggots behind it saw how much interest there was.0 information was given,no modlist,no serb definitions,nothing.3 threads of attempting at planning and discussion so that we'd make the next serb as good as we could,for what?Faggotry to be the end of us.
If people were hoping for an actual server before summer,now we'll be lucky if we get one then.
And even if we do,we'll have less due to burn out from this shit.
This is a grab at interest,nothing more.
5 Shekels say Taffer is involved in this somehow,yes i am holding a grudge

Don't throw this shit on me nigger,i want to get comfy just as much as everyone else,but not like this,definitely not like this.

unless this server implodes over night most people are going to play the one that's running. it only has to last long enough for people to get burnt out, which will probably be right around the time the summerfags get it together. there's a lesson to be learned here. once the hype get's going, there is no "waiting" for months. this was inevitable when you've got 4 or 5 full threads of interest and no server. someone is going to drop a server.

nah, it's not me
:^)

if you're unable to wait, may I suggest not being underaged?

the only reason people want to push it to summer is because of all the barely aged kids in school.

The only ones who are going to join your server and get burnt out after a week are the people who want 50x rates.
They are going to get burnt out and cry like they always do, no matter how long we wait.
The ones who want to actually wait and are not in that shithole server are the ones who actually play the game, have fun, and make memories worthy of screenshots that last multiple threads over the years.

I like how you use that word, but seem to ignore
I think you'd be better off using, "some" or "a few" although from your images it seems, "a couple of" might be more appropriate

gee yeah maybe having more people to play with is a really bad idea when we could have 2 people maybe play now, mmmm good call

Even as one of the 'give it a rest'fags, I feel like anons would probably be alright to play on the PLANNED serb as soon as it was truly ready, especially since that'll like be a few weeks yet. I know I would, anyway.

People realize there's 3 different primary groups from Holla Forums alone that play this game right? You people are flinging shit without realizing that each group doesn't actually play with the others. At most you'll get very minor crossover out of sheer coincidence. You've got the oldfags from back in golden valley who eventually migrated to the steamgroup. The core of those players are HoTSheads that prefer pvp due to having so much experience with the game that they've seen and done everything else to the point of futility. Then you've got the people who started later in WO and eventually moved to WU ending around the period of broschwitz. After that you've got a hybrid group from Holla Forums and cuckchan who started servers during the burnout phase of the second group. One group wants hardcore pvp, the other group got here first and are merely out of sync with the rest, and the most recent group assume everyone they play with is the majority rather than new blood. All three of these groups are fine but demanding that all of them wait for one specific group to tell them it's okay to play is naive at best. That's not including any pure cuckchanners or redditfags. If there's any lesson to be learned here it's that people shouldn't hype this shit up before things are ready, the hype train will leave when it's ready and not when you are.

I'm hoping it wouldn't go up when it's ready and hold off tbh

it's one specific group not wanting to wait and it's naive of them to demand people rush tbh

And everything else discussed in the last few threads you haven't read, kike.

We'll see what happens, then, though I don't have any hopes for the current server remaining alive for more than a few days.

As far as I can tell nobody has demanded anyone play right now have they? All I can see are people sperging demanding that others instead wait. I've got all the time in the world so I intent to play whatever server(s) come up, it's not skin off my back but let's not twist fact from fiction. Only one group is making demands in this thread.

oh they're demanding in a indirect way "here's a server up NOW, I'm playing NOW, ur naive if you want to wait"

Yeah, the red anons, the crossposters, and the shitcorders.

I tried to get into Wurm last year but I sort of lost interest due to the STEEP learning curve of it and not wanting to bother the other anons playing. Thing is I don't mind the learning curb but the Serb felt so damn empty last year that I didn't really feel it.

If anything one of the more experienced anons should write out starter tips for the newbies, it is sort of intimidating.

Nice, one of my man made xeno-outbreaks was screencapped.

Most of us have zero problems with helping new blood learn the ropes. It's pretty fun to show a new guy around and teach him how to learn how to build a large cart.

I'm sure one of us has our old pastebin guide. Also the server wasn't at all empty last year, unless you joined when it was on the decline, which was at the very end.

the wiki helps abit

Fuck right off,only lesson proved here is that faggots dwell among us.
I see nothing but condemnation for this shit.
Go peddle snake oil somewhere else merchant,this only bolsters Discfags arguements that shit this big needs to done by a closed off group,to avoid having faggots attempt to ride the hype that stems from past experiences everyone had,due to at the least,semi-competent server managing.
You cannot,in any fucking way,to those who've been paying attention,spin this in a positive light,you just can't,this is all due to some faggots not being able to wait for something that had actual time and thought put behind it.
It's fucking CY+3 how do you justify letting hype take the better of you at this point?
Past server's that user's went into as a whole,bred great experiences,and that's what led to this hype.
How especial can you be to not see the damage this will most likely cause.
This is we can't have nice things.

Good,glad to know you haven't gone full on merchant You can't really blame me for throwing you under the bus everytime hand rubbing is witnessed
This is we can't have nice things

I will teach you the arcane arts of dirtniggery and road building if you want, but yeah, it's best to just sit down with someone and have them guide you if you're really confused.

For advanced autism, there's also custom keybinds which can make your grinding life much more pleasant.

That's probably it, there was around 5 dudes pretty sure a one or two were AFK and the others were busy. Anyway I'll keep an eye out in summer so I can really dive into the autism-fest, that is unless the RO group gets together again.

the play now, indifferents and play later camps, any of them has someone in it willing and more than happy to teach you how to play man. Jump in whenever you feel like it.

I'm not joining this serb, by the way which is done by a (2) user.
Wend

Warm up? More like super fast shitty burn out.

And before some comediant points it out,yes my jimmies are thoroughly rustled right now.For a good reason.

take off your jimmies then

Hey, blame where due I've been pretty antagonistic. I apologize if I made your day worse for it.

You can keep your apology,and pleasure yourself with it.

Wendy?Really?I penned him for an autistic but comfy bully,not for a genuine faggot.

what's wrong with playing on this serb now, and moving over to the autist waitfag server when it's out? do it a skill transfer or something.

Heres an idea, what if we all start with a bit of skill in dyemaking for fun/dyemaking skillgains are significantly increased?

Also wiki says caravels are paintable but no mode of storage can hold enough to paint the damn thing, could we fix this in the future serbian?

Even working on an honor system would get old pretty quick. Even if the skill gains on the new serb was like 20x, you'd still have people claiming their mind logic was 50 or some shit

I'm a sucker for painting shit, so I'd probably help transport some of the dye at least

within reason, this server is 3x/3x, and i thought you could link servers, it's an option in the server gui, how does that work? there has to be some happy medium here that allows for playing on this server without all you waitfags sperging out.

lolno

then adjust it to the servers skill / timer rates.
that's how it works.

or you guys can just sit and circle jerk for the next 6 months at which time nobody is going to care anymore.

and it's not just some tards in the kike serv i see some oldfag from previous servers in here too

or you could just accept that since it's a new serb, you have to start over, like everyone else has.

that's what I plan to do, every serb is merely practice for the next. How people haven't realized that yet is beyond me.

or the 4 autists can just play by themselves when they're finally happy with it after they've done nothing but talk about it on Holla Forums for the last 6 months and we're all playing this one.

That sounds more like your shitmap, m8.
I wouldn't be nearly so peeved by it if you'd given literally any information about it prior or any effort at all into the map, but you're defending and shilling a pillow fort in favor of the house under construction.

join Jenn-Kellon

Christ alive user, I agree with I was sitting in my class and had to do a double take, thought Mapanon got bullied into it, until I realized there was no Nile, or really anything other than mountains.

I honestly hope the people on your map have some fun, but don't expect pulling off this shit, getting the reaction you got, including all the shitflinging you did, and then expect, "oh hey can we get a skill transfer :3 ?" to go through so smoothly

nobody was doing any shitflining except the few waitfags who are currently loosing their mind because of those who do not want to wait 6 months and do nothing but talk about the map.

Hostfag here.
Serbs paid for three months
I didn't chose the map, shits hard fam, if you want a challenge, come play, or don't, It doesn't matter, got a few lads getting comfy regardless.

Most went JK, us included, for those wondering.

tbh

do you read your own posts at all? because guess what all those posts with above in? oh that's right shit flinging but no keep on being a smarmy passive aggressive cunt bag

It's obviously just the faggot who hosted the server, his bully friend and his admin who try so desperately to push this server which, objectively, has a shitty map and is not thought through well.

We don't have to wait 6 months, that was just playing it save. But this shit right now is the other extreme. In my opinion, the host of the current serb should team up with whoever was preparing the server for the 6-months-meme, make a proper map together, work out the settings and mods and shit properly and then we get started as soon as all that shit is done properly. The main factor spooking away players and killing villages is drama, and we're one day into the new serb and it's already dramageddon. Learn from past mistakes, work together instead of against each other. If you can't do that: Let it die. I think everyone would be fine with a properly done server starting in a month or two.

If we needlessly antagonize each other the server is dead before it started. I know we're all autistic, impatient anons, but we can do better than that. Let's respect the people who were not part of Brohan and have waited long enough already, but lets also respect all the thought and discussion we have already put into the next serb and especially its map.

Things were and still are moving along smoothly. This server being hosted just shows that there is someone willing to host just for all the wrong reasons. Is the modlist ready? Is it being tested? Did the mapfag finish his map? Is it being tested? Instead this effort into a server is being wasted on a shitty map with not much going on other than a spawn hell.

I'm not saying we should wait 6 5 months, as you said it was just playing safe until everything was really ready. But I do suggest the hostfag of that server sees the potential in turning that server into a testing grounds for content and widely known issues. Hell, if all goes well we may see a decent server much sooner than what is now the 5 month deadline. If people continued to work together on this, rather than throw everyone's effort off the table for a quick Wurm fix, then we may see the amazing Wurm comeback we've been waiting for.

when the time comes to get a proper map id be willing to toss a few dollars at you, why did you pay for three months though? unless it was some sort of deal.

I dont understand all this fucking shitflinging and you're part of it.
I joined the server, and a few vets such as fenlaw were there and we quickly grouped up and began the journey into the depths of autism after a hell ride through monster-central. Just because I'm playing now doesn't mean I wont play in a few months time with a proper team behind it.

It's nice that you feel that way and I hope others do as well. The reason I fling my shit, however, is that I have seen this happen before - people wurming out on a low-energy-serb and then when a proper one comes up they have no mojo left. This is exactly why Brohans population was at least 60% newfags during its golden age, most of the oldfags who played on the server before it (where they split up between factions instead of playing together, causing the server to die pretty quickly) were still in wurmout when Brohan happened. Though this might be a blessing is disguise, since those newlads increase the overall size of our community.

When in doubt I trust experience over opinions, I don't mean any offense by this, I'm simply building my opinion on what I believe comes closest to an "objective truth" in this very subjective situation.

I agree with and also, I'd also be willing to donate a couple sheckels to the host, especially if things go well with his server and we all can play together again without all those issues we had in the past with other servers.

This relates back to the PVP/PVE problem there are always people who delight in fucking up everything, cooperation is at best a temporary arrangement with them and the second they're bored they'll pull some shit,

It's nice that you put your money where your mouth is, but do you know how to deal with bugs?
Have you started logging almost everything?
Can you competently read those logs?
Have fun but you can't just throw a server down with no knowledge of how to get things running or how to keep them running and expect anons to not break everything either deliberately or not.

I made a list of all the mods that I was able to start a server with, I do not have enough knowledge or time to test them all completely.
I am currently testing the lead creatures over water mod to see if animals kill themselves and so far the answer is no(been leaving a server running for 38 hours so far). Going to be testing gestation timers mod, treefarm, more craftables and more potables. These are the ones that I feel I can handle, but like I said, I'm not knowledgable about everything nor if they are even a good addition.

The server link thing is for you to make other maps link together. You can't link another persons server to yours. Unless there is some javafag that can do that.

That problem was solved elegantly on Brohan since those people could direct their destructive tendencies at the 4cucks. We had, like, ONE nigga who kept doing dumb shit. Everyone else cooperated beautifully. And even that guy, more or less, did his job. Sort of.

Brohan / Hohenbrohausen went best-case-scenario all factors considered. We had a war and thus motivation. We had a goal and we reached it. The server had a pretty long-lasting golden age especially if you consider all the badmin-drama. It's those that were not on Brohan which now don't want to learn from its example.

As others have said that map is a mountain horror so I'm holding off too.

When a workable one is up if there must be PVP can we at least have some protection on home buildings/plots cos losing *all* your stash to some cunt who just wants to rampage everything is understandable grounds for quitting which means less people playing and a higher cunt player ratio. The game is slow and plodding enough without having to rebuild your house cos 'lolexdee I pwnd your shit hut while you were asleep.'. Obviously if people give up, abandon places or don't log in for an age they could be cleared out though.

Maybe make a neutral spawn hub free of insanity like Brozwich had so people can at least get their shit together and not get mouth raped by creatures or fighty shits before heading out, there don't *have* to be portals to settlements but they'd cut down on people getting ganked on exiting the place.

I don't need war to motivate me comfy will do.

We had a conversation about that in the first(?) thread and we didn't really come to any conclusion on how to do that without making the game too handholdy.
Destroying buildings takes a very long time without catapults so that's about the best thing I can fall back on.
There was an user who suggested having events that encouraged kingdom wars which would also imply that nobody would really want to war unless there was a kingdom war going on.
I get your point but the point of the servers is for us as a group to get together on one deed and work together.
Also with the lowish rates that we are probably going to use, it pretty much forces specialization.
I get the appeal of hermitting I always played as one.
If the server host wanted to he can make another map and link it to the "official" map and possibly make that a pve only server, but that's just going to further divide the populations.
If you have any suggestions on how to allow people to be dicks but not enough to completely ruin the fun of others please do tell.

Yeah same here, I mostly stayed out of PvP and did farming, forestry and cooking. During war time I just healed the everliving crap outta everyone since becoming a Fo champ was pretty easy. I'm not sure if I even killed a single 4cuck by myself. But it was a great motivation for the others and if they are happy I'm happy.

Portals would be pretty cool, especially since if we were to put them in it could also make it more comfortable to play on a bigger map.

As for building protection: Guards did the job pretty well so far, especially if it's just single cunts trying to gank shit. That also encourages people to stick together which is the key to a healthy server population. You just gotta really do the math do keep upkeep cost for guards and bounty mod (or whatever other form of economy you use) balanced.

Having 50 guards should be possible, but a lot of work. As we have proven it's not like they are the perfect defense. You just gotta plan the attack properly.

Understand that part of the beauty that
pointed out was that those who wanted to pvp could do it easily and those of us who prefer a comfy village builder had a reason to get supplies and to use skills that normally you'd see stay at 1 unless you were really bored. Having other groups to fight against adds to the fun and longevity because you want to fight them for fun, or get back at them, or screw with them.

All that, however, leads me back to an old question. If we want actual normans to Fuck with on the server (the great Broschwitz scavenger hunt comes to mind) what is the best method of inviting them to the serb? I'd assume if plebbit had a wurm board they wouldn't allow pirate serb info in there, but I can't say for certain. How could we convince normalfags to join a separate particular Kingdom (different from 4/v/ and 8/v/) and stay that way? Do we have one of our own act as their king and basically play retard wrangler, do we tell them to organize on their own? I figure since it's basically idiots, you'd probably have to explain to them in the most simple way possible that a village is going to be salvation and that striking out on your own is a good way to get you killed. But that's basically so we have at least 3 different active factions.

We would basically only allow people who post in these threads to join our towns. As far as posting pirate server info, just don't say that it's pirate friendly or at the very least don't post a link to the pirate client.

Dunno about normans but apparently 4/v/ is just waiting for a chance to get revenge and do better than they did last run. Something tells me that their broken pride will burn with passion once it gets another chance. They will learn from their past mistakes.

Plus, remember: Most of the time we didn't actually outnumber them. Anyone got the screenshot of where 3 of us took out 7 or so of them? Their city also had a pretty decent size, though they could have used a professional road-autist like we had.

I'm not sure if we need 3 factions, we didn't on Brohan, but I guess we could try to do the Reddit (aka. Norman) faction simply by advertising it there. The more the merrier.

Because of the steam sale back then the game now costs less than a dollar on G2A so we don't have to worry so much about piracy discussion either. At this point its far easier to just buy it than having to get a pirate client running and connecting to the damn server. At least I couldn't do it yesterday, so I just bought it.

I can see it happening, and I can't say it wouldn't be something special.

Yes, please. Make it happen.

If Brohan and their aggressive advertising with a lack of information was any indicator, over a 5 month period you will be lucky to have even 5 join and even luckier to have them stick around. Wurm is dying/old person retirement home and the majority of its playerbase is PvE lovers who will refuse to transplant to some random no name server that doesn't have its own website,forum to suck admin dick, and no certainty for its future. And if this server isn't even on the main server browser listing its likely going to be a repeat of Default's server and start with a strong player base that eventually hemorrhages over time because normalfags don't look for unlisted servers and user interest dies off.

Anons server after server keep banking on a Reddit/Normalfag population to help give something to kill/harass to keep player interest but they never arrive they should never be a factor in any server planning.

Fair point, then again, we did fine without normans on brohan and the brohan admin did the worst job ever for advertising it. Compare their forum posts to our OPs back then, it's laughable, no wonder noone cared. It's not hard to do a better job.

But yeah, no need to bet on normies, though it really wouldn't hurt as an extra to have them.

Spawn guard tower's up. After finishing it we went on a long journey to the White Light and then further along to link up with the main settlement.

Dear current server host, neither me nor my faction of 11+ will be joining until you can tell us.

The admin list, and if any of them are your java coders. Mod list, and if you have events planned what are they?

Your map is garbage and we've played on shitty maps with incompetent devs before. No interest in hyping them or having them join if you can't do these basic things.

You may think there are only a few wait fags but the entire HoTs faction is on wait until we get a decent server.

You definitely have a good point, but I feel like if we could have someone giving a new blood group directions, they might start getting into it too. All they need is Wurm files, serb info, the wiki, and someone willing to lead these people. That being said, it's really so we have a group of normies to laugh at when shit goes bad for them. And like I said, I'm not sure where you could get new blood willing to try out a serb unless you manage to make them.

Here's hoping user for the real serb

Holy shit I'm actually proud of you lads.

Who the fuck are you nigger, there is confusion over in HotsLand about what the fuck is even going on or who is running what but no one has claimed they are boycotting shit, hell at least 1-3 people have already or are planning on jumping on the server.

You have people who have selected HoTS, you don't have the actual HoTS faction members.

It's 4/v/ and they don't want to play on a garbage map. Those who are in HotS so far ended up there because noone told them to join JK. Because shit's unorganized as fuck.

You don't understand, normalfags don't have the autism to compete if they start at the same time as us. If you want a server with normalfags they need to start playing 2-3 months before we do, this gives them enough time to skill up and become attached to their characters enough that they won't simply quit the first time one of us breaks into their deed.

It depends on what normies we are talking about.
Normies as far as the average "gamer", you are correct.
The normies in wurm are autistic beyond our comprehension.
I hate to mention a youtuber by name but look up gamester4life, he's some furfag brit that's made like 200 wurm videos about how to do just about everything and in most of his videos he has a cough and ends up apologizing for it every time he coughs.

Well without 4/v/ the current serb doesn't have much of a choice than aquiring normies. I doubt the lads playing on it right now realize what kind of gamechanger it is that 4/v/ doesn't want to play along with blowing the load early…

Exactly.
If people want to wait then they can wait, I'm doing the same except my local server for testing.
If others want to play now and get burnt out by the time we get a real server then fine too since they're probably going to get burnt out and quit early anyways.
Some people are autistic enough to play now and later I hope they actually are and not just saying that and turn out to be burn outs

Brohan host here (Anyndel), who's hosting this one?

Also for real serb I'm willing to host website for free and all if the goys who will host it want one at all.
I'd offer free hosting of the server itself but I'd heavily suggest keeping it in house (someone 8ch trusts more) which would be a lot less drama, so some of the more paranoid people can't blame ((((outside)))) influence.

this thread could be studied.

The depression stage will be the admin realizing no one is coming and shutting the doors for the next phase.
Testing the real server, then everyone accepts a good server. So I sure hope you're right.

it's as active as the last server was at start.

8 =/= 16 - 22

this is just our little dwarf fort
22 might have been an all time high

MR and JK would have to do their own list, but HoTS at launch had.

Niyuu
Wangus
Theo
Morarn
Shurimoo
Commiegator
Dorag
Althazar
Chife
Silverberg
Ausvind
Lordofcomfy
Badolf Shitler
Cloke
and a handful of noobsters that lasted a week.

razgook is literally the only name on that list i recognize
8 is what we were pulling in the second half of the lifespan of the previous server
we'd have ~20 on when shit was goin

Fuck anyn you double nigger :)

y-you too h-haha

Having a website would actually be pretty damn useful, ignore the bullies. It's just that most people don't really want to stick with the current serb so I wouldn't blow my load on that one just yet. Wait and see, I guess.

Remember lads, we had so many Holla Forumsillagers that the citizen list became too big for one window. Of course not all of them were active daily, but still, during the golden age you always had around 10-15 people online, if not more, which dropped towards 5-10 around the end and around ~5 people not willing to let go after we destroyed 4/v/.

Having 8 people online during peak time isn't a good start, but it's only natural - half of us doesn't want to play on that map and 4/v/ also doesn't want to play yet.

Wipe that serb, get a better map, team up with whoever it is that was preparing stuff so far, unite the people.

Was just meming ofc. Yeah, just throwing it out there I'm willing to help out with whatever new hostfag needs, there's a lot of small errors that can be done when setting up servers that can be avoided with some assistance.

Also have to have in mind regarding advertising, if you're especially thinking about nonchan people, servers being pirate friendly means you'll get banned from steam forums and WOforums so consider that, when wurm is 70 cents on g2a.

I tried to shill at the utmost of my capacity, got 30 accounts banned by Rolf on the WO and steam forums, posted on 4chan daily, though not here since you all had your own shill thread, but I couldnt reach most of the normies because the threads wouldnt stay up much anywhere they might've seen it.

I also have quite a few old buddies from WO who moved on to WU but they didnt want to join server due to it being pirate friendly because they were """"scared of getting banned"""", so that's the normie POV.

its' 10 now.
i think the waitfags are outnumbered on 8ch.

then just use the pirate client like everyone else lol.

actually right now there's 21 on server wide.

in-game player count is pointless, you need the admin to sort by IP and do a manual count, that'll be accurate. It's as pointless as using the server list to guage numbers, there's a server offset that hosts use to 'bloat' actual players. It's why the top few servers always say 30+, it's a literal offset which has been pointed out on the WO forums many times. Trust the host and nobody else.

doesn't it just fail to count people as leaving properly? having looked at the code i could imagine that

It doesn't distinguish between someone playing more than one character and actual human players. Whilst IP crossreferencing doesn't negate that either there's no reason to use multiple IP's to connect to the same server so there's a much higher probability of unique IP's being an accurate representation of active players.

even as a kike you're shit

They are right to wait,i'm on because i need my wurm fix.
The map is a mess,no prior information about any thing,no effort to bring in the 4cattle to give us a drive after we settle,this is half assed as can be,i'll take it because i know i'll still be willing to delve into the proper serb once it comes but some aren't willing to invest time here and i can't blame them.
Decided to take the one user's advice and stop with the shitflinging because that's neither gonna bring the proper serb any faster nor fix the current one.
Mapfag stopped around the time this serb got announced,hopefully he didn't leave.

you should re-read the thread. he didn't do that at all. he announced the serv info, and the the waitfags spammed the thread with autistic screeching, only they have nothing to shill except the "wait x months" meme, so the entire thread after the server announcement is 90% waitfags crying about how shitty the server is. i'm on the server, and i don't think it's shitty at all. sure it's random, but whatever, that's part of the fun.

I think this user is right, at this stage if we continue to shit up the thread with negativity we'll just burn out faster on the entire deal tbh

Anyone who saw the last three serbs knows that shit's already fucked. We are already antagonizing each other, drama everywhere, we don't have 4/v/ as our enemy so we'll have to fight each other and the map is garbage.

Meanwhile the non-waitfags circlejerk in their little disagreement safespace where everyone has their opinion and anyone who doesn't agree just gets bullied with no actual points being made.

Not gonna join. We already all hate each other and the village isn't even really standing yet. Wurm is a big time investment and all signs hint at this server not having a long future.

Besides, sadly, is right. You want it done right then work with the current host, he'd probably be willing to change things if he had help.

You know what? Here's the link to their disagreement. /avAKH8

It's up to you if you use that to continue to fling shit at each other or to communicate with each other in order to help them make the server better. They're not gonna like it that their little safespace is no longer safe but we're not on fucking tumbler here. Either get your shit together or shit it in each others mouths, I don't care, people figuring this shit out together is the only hope I see for Holla Forumsurm.

thanks been trying to get back into that disagreement since the start of these threads

That was his name! The kind of fag to hop on at bumfuck early in the morning in stupidly high QL gear only to get memed on at that time too.

Mapanon, if you can still hear me, you are our only hope. Keep doing your best

you are reaching so hard here to be a waitfag you should get global reported by everyone here for being the same kind of nigger who tries to stir up even more shit than there already is in the spacemen threads.

Ill take you fucking bait and say our JK village has atleast 12 people all unique players. fenlaw is on with his alts in a different community but I don't think he can run that many dwarves to fill the gap at once., we are enjoying the game, as it stands to get our wurm fix and will continue to play when the "real deal" comes out if ever. fuck off and stop trying to stir the pot, kike.

polite sage for double post but anne your server is down or isint accepting new connections, wondering if its just me or everyone.

not just you.

He can run 5 at once, because we've all seen him do it before.

I bet the waitfags are behind this. New thread soon. If somebody makes it, remember the OP and update it using the findings ITT.

Now you are LITERALLY antagonizing, nigga. What the fuck is wrong with you?

actually the hosting site is the reason and they've giving him bs

I'm just having a laff, m8. Sooth your booty.

Any further details?

from seeing many other projects get delayed by paid hosting services it could be sheer incompetence.
a SWG private server got wiped earlier because somehow pajeet didnt secure a hard drive and it somehow managed to fall out and get fugged.

That or the hosting site is trying to get him to turn away from them now that they have three months worth of his money.

I'll throw up the next Serb, Modlist pastbins, Wurm files, and out of the rather vain hope to get you can'twaitfags to not shitpost the thread into oblivion again the info for your serb that apparently is or is not currently down. Maybe a couple points of discussion we need to look into, anything else?

They're hosting off of kimsufi (can tell by the IP), having hosted Brohan off of there I can say there's a lot of attacks on kimsufi and if you're not on point with security, your shit will get broken into by russians.

A couple of weeks into Brohan we had to stop the server for 6 hours while we implemented pretty severe security enhancements because the attacks had become insane in the ammount we were getting and essentially became a DDOS, but we didnt have a problem after that, with the server machine still running with 0 attacks ever since.

But at the same time, wurm is pretty unstable and if the host isnt doing hourly backups to begin with, it'd be dumb. I still have Brohan's files hourly since the server's conception. Not to mention that there are many ways to break wurm if you're a new admin and are not sure what you're doing and such, so right now I think the server being down could be any of a very wide range of things.

the (((waitfags))) are behind this.

In regards to actual hosting? Simple. Don't host on a personal PC as then you're subject to any and all things that go wrong on a personal level including but not limited to outages that businesses have proper contingencies for. Use a hosting company that offers linux, start with 4 gigs of ram and adjust for more whenever you hit 80% of the max. Make sure the hosting company is located somewhere close to a submarine cable and NOT in the middle of a continent and establish GM's/Admins in two drastically different timezones so that there's always someone online to maintain the server. Organize daily backups and make sure the people in charge are maintaining local copies of the DB.

As for the actual gameplay you'd have to hope the user with the map feels like sharing as you can't perform any real minor maintenance to the game without working on the map before throwing it onto a test server. In the event that mapanon doesn't post the map then at the very least the logistics behind the server itself can still be organized for the future.

Mods can be tested on a local server with no real issue. Many aren't supported anymore and will cause issues, some will outright break the server and in 6 months from now many no may no longer function. Testing them now will rule out which ones can actually be tested in 6 months which may save some time in the long run but won't have much of an impact either as things will still have to be double checked at that time. It's quite a bit of work that probably isn't worth it considering there's already people hosting a server.

I like this meme.

Yeah you know what? If, by some miracle, you were to just team up with the current host and mapanon in order to solve this whole dilemma together I wouldn't mind that one of our three admins is "not one of us".

Besides, you lurk on 8ch, obviously. So you technically are one of us anyway.

Blyat, they have seen through our clever ruse, comrades! Hack the capitalists quicker!

it's okay waitfags, two can play this game when your waitfag map comes out.

Last time: Cuckwar

This time: Hackwar

Mapanon is also one of the admins on Brohan kek, I've been looking at his map and it's pretty neat. And yeah, I lurk both 8ch and 4ch but consider myself an (((outsider))) just because I've never played on an 8ch village really. He also made Brohan's, though he's planned to make better dirt layers on this one.

I dont think either him or me are interested in actually admining since it's always a hassle, though I cant surely speak for him. I dont mind helping whoever's gonna host with the setup and giving him a list of do's and dont's.

aww, that's shitty. If you're not just memeing don't do that.

Fair enough, I also want to take it easy this time.
Being a mayor went well, but shit was stressful as fuck.

At least u weren't the exiled king of a failed faction. That's a real cross to carry.

Althazars mistake was that he DID THINGS as the mayor. DON'T EVER DO THAT. Stay as comfy as possible, don't go full retard and start wars or drama or shitpost against the other faction and so on. Just have a little farm, a nice kitchen and brewery and then cook for everyone. (Maybe help with the roads and planning the village a little.)

My mistake was that I assumed I commanded men of steel, ready to adapt quickly from their farm tools into a force to be feared. What I ended it up with was a bunch of spurdos ready to hoist the white flag at the nock of a bow.

that sounds like a good time though

not at war.

Wait so the people with access to the map and presumably the databases will be PLAYING on the server? That I didn't know. The reason I never volunteer to host or admin is because it's not something you can expect others to trust you on. You either draw a hard line between yourself and the players or accept that anything good that comes your way will immediately come under suspicion which will only cause drama. Imagine if an admin managed to dig up an artifact early on, or found a vein of moonmetal. I'd call bullshit immediately, i'd even call it if someone on their faction 'found' it. If it were pve only then yeah fuck it but if it's going to be pvp you cannot expect people to just trust random chucklefucks on honor alone. That's like asking people not to use client side addons and taking it on faith that they won't all immediately grab improved improve.

Is it fine for me to remake the thread right now, or should I wait until the thread 404's properly? All Holla Forums would be losing is a goobygoopher thread

and also (check'd)
fair point on that, but it'd be tough to have something as comfy as an autistic village builder and NOT play it too. Such is the curse of the Wurm beast.

(checked)
It's best for the admin to not tell others he is an admin or make an alt account and tell nobody what it is.

It's about to 404 anyways so go ahead if you have it all prepared.

Thats not how wurm works, the databases and any epic item gets randomly generated at the moment the server gets initialized, and any object like moonmetal and rewards and whatever gets added manually by the admin after that point. At the moment you mapgen a map, all you know by looking at it is where trees will be and not much more than you could've known by you know, looking at a map like the ones mapanon has already posted.

As such, I wouldnt care if any number of people look at the map before the server is up because there's really very little advantage to be gained from it unless the map were a secret, which it already clearly isnt.

New Thread is up lads

With Wyvern anticheat ESP highlights things you should be able to see, rather than letting you see things that aren't revealed in the first place. Compass take a tedious task and make it faster. Not having to check your surroundings or standing still for 10 seconds to check your heading is as much of a convenience as not having to look at the game you're playing to improve something. I was merely pointing out that asking people NOT to take advantage of something readily available to them with absolutely no consequences for doing so is highly unlikely to succeed.

because I'm a fucking idiot

user, I…

at least the thread was made, successfully, maybe next time I make a thread everything will go off without a hitch

There's one last part about the game you're not getting

alright I fucking give up, beyond fucking up the link, what did I miss

For your thread

The third > and /board/ only need to be included when linking to other boards
>>>/wooo/96642

shid where did that 2 come from
>>>/rec/9790

I realized that once the other user linked it to me, I just figured it was pointless to steal his thunder after pointing it out Thought you saw something else wrong, but thanks for the explanation

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA