New Vegas thread - House dindu nuffin edition

They've done another video on New Vegas in a similar vein to their Caesar video which was pretty good. Yet again more evidence on how NV is infinitely superior to any of (((Bethesda's))) "games". Discuss why House did nothing wrong. Legionbros welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/NCR_salvaged_power_armor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Legion is for LARPing incels.

DROP THIS OLD GARBAGE AND GO PURCHASE FALLOUT 4 GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION

NCR is the superior option.

Not because they are a strong nation. Not because of their ideals. Not because they are the best option for the wasteland. It is precisely because they are a nation of cucks, and anybody with sufficient money, power, and influence can bend their entire nation to their will. As seen in the game, they are the only faction where direct orders can be ignored - even directly contradicted - so long as you know the right people and have a good reputation. It is basically the independent route, except you don't just get an anarchist shithole rioting Vegas for your efforts - but an entire nation at your beck and call… PLUS New Vegas, and the have both a old-world style military and robot army at your command to keep the peace. Yeah, there's more legwork involved, and you'll never be acknowledged as the leader - but that works out for the best since while the politicians will take credit for your accomplishments - they'll also take the blame for your fuckups and take the heat for your power plays.

Why settle for controlling a small city state, when you can manipulate your way into becoming basically the un-elected leader of an entire empire?

I'm confused.
are you implying that the resource wars should start again? cause in the fallout uni. that's basically what cause them

sage for eceleb bullshit.

What warrants the endless amount of threads about this game's lore?

I'm saying it doesn't matter when the end goal is having as much power and influence as you possibly can, to make the wasteland your own and shape however you want.

Resource Wars are irrelevant. By the time it comes to a head again, you and everybody you manipulated will be long gone.

Factions that weren't 2d cardboard cutouts but fleshed out, clashing ideologies with flaws

why not just skip all the cuck hoopla and put mr house on top then?

What warrants your ceaseless lust for copius amounts of black cock in your mouth? Some questions will just never be answered

user I would make a webum but I'm not at my computer

cuck/v/ loves New Vegas threads, that's the reason.

He was too benevolent, and let the subhuman savages exist in freeside and westside where they lived in squalor, behaved like actual niggers and literally wewuzed but den da wapepo House come alon and destroy everythang.

yeah no.
first you say might makes right, now you say power corrupts. pick a side bro

Because House isn't a cuck that will let you push him around, and even if you play along just long enough to off him and take the reigns yourself - you're still going to be stuck with the primary driver of your economy being reliant on an uneasy truce with an antagonistic nation. Who's to say that once those consumers have enough of your technology and the manufacturing base to reverse engineer your Robco garbage tech - they won't use it against you?

And again… why have one small city state, when you could run an entire nation from that annexed territory? Far enough away from the senate to keep their noses out of your business for the most part, but still well within the reach of your vast cash reserves. If they consider Vegas to be a part of the NCR, they won't struggle against you.

You need might to uphold whatever law you have, that's beyond debate if such law is moral, and not everyone gets corrupted by power.

The niggers are only there because of what House built. He'd tell them to fuck off if he actually found a use for Freeside

to be fair, Freeside is a nice illustration of an ancap territory where despite having all the infrastructure to be new Reno-tier they're a zimbabwe-tier shithole where kids chase rats for food.

Because people like discussing F:NV retard

This game is so shit, what do you like about it? d

I know right! Skyrim and Fallout 4 did everything New Vegas did but better! Why not just buy those games and refund NV!

They are even worse, New Vegas is just a slightly less shit FO3.

What are some of your arguments to why New Vegas is shit. It just seems like your desperately trying to get some (You)'s

Killing House depends entirely on what you do next and what character you're playing as.
Neutral/good karma courier that got a "good" ending for OWB is probably overall better for Vegas.
Every other case - you're better off siding with House because he's more than capable of doing what he's promising. Plus, NCR is on the verge of a civil war and Legion is going to fall to bits after Caesar's inevitable death.

The combat is liquid dogshit that takes no skill and the characters just feel like they are trying to ape way too hard the older games much like FO3 was a poor man's FO1.

I agree that the combat is pretty shit but, I wouldn't call the character writing bad. The character at least had motivations to do what they do in-game, which you can't say for some of Bethesda's. Maybe I'm biased towards my extreme distaste of Bethesda in general but Fallout 3 had some of the shitest writing I have ever seen in a game. If FO3 was trying to be more of a 3D F01, the least they could do was learn from Interplay's writing.

The most important part of a game is the gameplay, is it not? FO4 has undeniably better gameplay than NV, but it's widely accepted to be a shit game.

If you mean melee combat that is something in the later versions of FO was always shit but that is something that not even mods have helped with,and that is pretty telling that unfortunately it goes deeper that what soemeone with a passion and somefree time on their hands can fix ;the only thing that saved it earlier on was the turned based nature the games had.Apart from that the shooting in NV was improved from it's predecessor and even further so with mods

here's a pity (you)

Because Fallout at its core is just an RPG with action elements. The gameplay will always be sub-servant to its world and RPG mechanics. Fallout 4 might have better gameplay but it's just an Open World game with a few RPG elements. New Vegas will always have a special place in my heart because, what Obsidian accomplished with limited time and resources fucking towers over any turd Bethesda shitted out in the past decade.

Melee NEEDS to be simplistic in order to compete with guns, unless you want to just make ranged useless instead. Why dodge/block/parry shit when you can just shoot them in the head? There are other ways of balancing a game with both ranged and melee attacks, but none of them are really suitable to Fallout

Ever heard the expression 'bringing a knife to a gunfight'?
was going full retard and disproving your own point within the same post part of your master plan?

Even in that picture New Vegas is an empty ghost town.

NCR are quite literally the Imperial Guard out of 40k.
Fighting for a state rife with corruption and decay for a belief that they are not sure exists anymore holding back the horrors that threaten to eradicate them from existence. They are used and abused so much that their morale is at an all time low yet they keep fighting on cause their faith keeps them going.
What they need is a true Emperor that will usher in a Golden Age, not false warlords who seek to create unsustainable fiefdoms.

NCR is too stretched out to be effective and corruption and incompetence is rife within their ranks.

If you like New Vegas you might like Elex.

that's good music, what is it user?

The NCR exists to be destroyed

I'm not sure. Some user posted the webm in a thread a few months ago

NCR are a bunch of drunks and boylovers. They're not fighting for any noble goal. They're doing it for booze money.

I still think the Industrial Hand is better.

You should see what Melee can do in FO4 though. The Blitz perk lets you teleport to a target whenever you try to VATS melee them, so you can basically use melee from range. Between all the perks and strength bonus and high damage weapons available, you can one-shot anything in the game with melee-sneak and almost anything without even needing to sneak at all.

But that'd mean playing Fallout 4.

Fair enough. It's kind of boring when you can hit for over 30k without chems and the toughest enemies in the game only have around 1500 hp.

Korn - Right Now

VATS was a mistake. They could have removed the "Pause - you're dead" button and made all VATS attacks non-lethal (outside of critical hits), but crippling as a way of spreading status effects. Shooting enemies in the legs to keep them from moving around, or shooting them in the eyes to blind them, or shooting them in the nuts to stun/paralyse - etc. The only enemy it even works halfway decently on is Cazadores to keep them from flying around - and even then, unless you're completely underleveled or getting swarmed - it's better to just to just shoot them in the head.

Shooting weapons out of enemies hands is a pretty useful tactic too, especially if they have shit melee skills, but they really should have locked that ability behind a perk.

Okay, pacifist shit I can believe. I'll even believe the no stimpacks bit, but how the fuck did you get away without using radaway and radx while digging around places like vault 34 and courier's mile without autistically taking trips back to Freeside every three minutes to get flushed free of rads?

Probably wore the radiation suit.

Cave fungus.

power armor + radx + stock up on at least 25 radaway was what did it for me.

you're more full of shit than the Bethesda Creation Club
in the early game right up to Novac i encountered maybe one trader that had some (1) piece on them and that was in every single one of my playtroughs so far,you have better chances finding Sierra Madre chips out in the wasteland than you have finding cave fungus

Maybe he has a steady supply of fiery purgatives. The survival consumables are OP as fuck

Survival is an amazing skill. Turn trash into gold and increase your lethality by 100% with just a few consumables. Rushing water, Slasher and Psycho with a good gun and all will fall before you.

You want to know a true bullshit survival item?
Blood sausages

Stacking food is generally a really easy way to tank damage.

Considering how much of a pain it is to find the ingrediants for the rarer ones,i think it's justified

All endings are arguably decent, but I like Legion's the least. You're subjecting people of the wasteland to wars to create an empire that's either falling apart the second Caesar dies or just continues to be simply barbaric, never reaching that next stage he intended because no one who'd take over after him knows what he actually wants. House's ending is the best.

This artist would be better if he didn't go for urethra shit too often. I hate that crap.

I'm not saying that he managed to completely cure his radiation poisoning with the shit, just that cave fungus+a radiation/space suit could easily keep it managed to the point that he wouldn't have to run to a doctor every time he get's exposed.

If you're solely referring to combat, absolutely.
In almost every other gameplay category it's worse than NV and FO3.

What qt robots? There weren't any in NV that I can remember.

The next Fallout game should be focused about the player becoming the loli Empress of Mankind

are you saying Fisto isn't cute?

Yes.

Get me some female robots and you'll have my interest.

House is best girl though.

Robots are female, because they are just ambulatory computers - and you don't plug computers into things. The computer sits there and gets things plugged into it. It's ports, with the possible exception of the power cord, are all female connections.

And even with the power cord, that's still something you plug into a recess on the computer - but the pins fit into slots on the cord - making them male.

You very well know what i meant you jackass.

Kill yourself.

So computers are traps?

Do you want to be weak, user?

FRONTIER MOTHERFUCKING WHEN

We postan legion grills now?

Lightswitches.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Great Khans ending?

You are a bully,you know i meant something like jane

House is the best option. Seeing as how you posted Varg I guess you side with Legion?

Nigger, I already made that concession because of the pin configuration - and fuck you, you don't plug a computer into the wall socket anyhow. You plug the power cord into the wall socket, and then you plug the power cord into a computer.

And the only reason that's done the way it is is because they have to for safety. You don't want a bunch of electrified prongs sticking out carrying "fry your ass dead" levels of current.

If you think Caesar is a bad guy then you must also think the Romans were awful people, because they did much worse.

They did kill Jesus.

Also, Caesar's Legion is explicitly anti-science, anti-tech, or anything that isn't explicitly about making a military state.

Caesar is anti tech and is just aping another culture. The romans were advanced and spread their culture to others.

That is not entirely true. Caesar himself was a Follower of the Apocalypse mind you. There's nothing to imply Caesar was anti-tech per se. Its more likely that he felt employing Securitrons would take useful jobs away from soldiers or slaves

edit

Lanius Legate being Caesar's successor is point against Caesar's Legion.
They aren't going to make a spy into the leader.

Well every territory he controls and most of his equipment is africa tier. Even his top dog Legate uses melee weapons and standard armor.

No shit, they're former raider tribes. Caesar united them and made them all literate by teaching them Latin. He saw the tribes lack of direction and unity as an opportunity to bring them together.

Waste of satanic digits.

Wew lad I guess the NCR is anti-technology too by making their cheap-ass mass produced service rifles as their standard infantry weapons

That's a retarded reason.
When in the bible the entire reason that Jesus died was to save humans from original sin, so he was always fated to die.
But for some reason doing him in which was the fucking plan given in the bible Christians some how get ass hurt about their messiah dying who claimed his whole existence was to fucking die.

What kind of a trap name would suit a computer the most?

And if he was truly successful they'd all have some infrastructure built and some usage of tech beyond point stick. The highest tech he uses is the displacer gloves his guards have.

Universally adaptable.

He was able have massive forts constructed and you even see this in-game. Pretty impressive considering the camp was meant as a semi-temporary military encampment.

NCR stems from several generations going back to the original fallouts.
Ceasers legion was created in a single man's life time and managed to rival NCR in what took them 3-4x as long.

Only retards completely dismiss the merits of NCR.

Ah why didn't you just say you were a shitposting faggot earlier?

Richardson did nothing wrong

Oh, you mean that slow piece of shit that are so expensive to salvage only a small handful of samples are still known to exist? Yeah you're right, Caesar is truly retarded for not falling for the level of useless bureaucracy required to have produced those monstrosities. Literally the F-35 of Fallout

The brotherhood would like a word with you.

Didn't they all cuck out and are all in hiding in little holes in the ground now? kek

Are you retarded NCR power Armor isn't power armor, it has all its motors removed which is why it doesn't give any strength but -2 agility.,

Its glorified metal armor.

Only cause the main body is on the other side of the continent.

They probably gave up migrating west with the rest of them because they power armor was so slow and heavy lmao

Here you go NCR apologists
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/NCR_salvaged_power_armor
There power armor is objectively worse to combat armor and most armors/

Probably why they get their shit pushed in by junkies.

I'm talking about BoS dummy.

Clearly you shifted the goalpost because we were originally talking about the useless piece of shit the NCR uses

Irradiated beauty/Rad Absorption.

That other user was, yes.

It's still tech.
The original argument was over whether NCR is anti-tech, which they're not. They're just a stretched out and undermanned bureaucracy that can't afford to outfit all their soldiers in power armor and energy weapons, but still would do so if given the means.
The Legion on the other hand would still send their soldiers to battle with machetes and armor made out of dinner plates.

A: They are not Brotherhood, and they completely abandoned the Codex - even after "King Arthur" took the mantle because Bethesda can't write for shit. It's still just Lyon's Pride but slightly more fascist and now (for some reason) interested in nation building.

B: Pretty much the entire East Coast chapter is just nigger wastelanders that were conscripted or volunteered. Lyons started recruiting from local population since his little crusade to make an unlivable shithole into a safe place to raise a family ended up killing almost the entire original detachment that came with him.

And C: It really was just a small detachment. The elders are all still on the West Coast, and the only reason why the East Coast brotherhood is bigger in FO4's time is because Bethesda wrote them to be a staple in future Fallout games - whereas Obsidian wrote them to be an increasingly irrelevant isolationist cult that was getting chipped away because of it's tendency to pick fights with anybody who had tech that wasn't themselves.

That was Veronica's whole companion quest if you didn't immediately shoot her in the face. She was trying to get them to adapt and grow, to evolve with the changing wasteland, and they told her to fuck off - they already knew they were dying out, but death was preferable to betraying the codex and violating their beliefs in the founders axioms. So all that time she spent trying to get them to see reason was a colossal waste of everyone's time - because they already saw reason, and they rejected it. She was just too dumb to see it.

At best you can broker maybe another 20 years for them by forging an alliance between them and the NCR - but that's about it. If the East Coast Brotherhood is the main force, it's only because they are the only ones left standing - and they are the ones left standing because they betrayed everything they believed when they invited a bunch of outsiders and outside perspectives into their ranks.

Shit, the whole thing would almost be a meta analogy for the fallout series in general - but it would have to be coincidental. There's no fucking way that hack Emil could be reflective or self-aware enough to make such a reference.

Don't play Faggout Gay Vegas

Friendly reminder that NCR can't protect their own lands or people.
Friendly reminder that Mr. House is a sycophant obsessed with making Vegas into a city in a bottle forever lingering on the old flawed world, his madness will never go anywhere meaningful.
Friendly reminder that Caesar's Legion will likely fall apart when Caesar dies, though I will admit at least they're learning from the past.
Friendly reminder that free Vegas stands no chance in the long term, though if anything that's mainly because it's left so vague and in the middle of a war.
There are no right choices, only choices. That's Fallout baby. Don't pretend your faggy little fantasy faction or crazy old worlder are going to save the wasteland, they're just part of a larger problem with Fallout's world. Be happy with the choices you make and your motivations for them, they don't matter and never did. It's just a game.

Caesar planned on settling the Legion after taking Vegas. Making Vegas his new capital. The Legion would likely continue existing indefinitely as some generic fascist state until some outside force takes them down. But even then its not that simple, because Legion is the only faction that seems to actually care about keeping the trade routes safe, so it's likely they'd have an economic advantage.

Nothing lasts forever. But when the Legion falls it will have transformed hundreds of petty tribes and integrated them all as equals under the state. (equally slaves, I mean)

I still think they're going to have major problems when Caesar dies, and even if you save him from cancer that will still happen. Would they "win" long-run? Maybe. It's fiction. The writer decides who "wins".

Intentionality fallacy

user, what the fuck are you even talking about?

Lol, no. It's more communism than anything else. Caesar is just a butthurt spic LARPing a civilization and political system he doesn't actually understand with his armies of niggers. But that's because the writer is a faggot and doesn't understand fascism or Rome.

This is so weird. I've never had this problem before.

no u

Well that was the issue, right? Caesar got a hell of an ego boost playing the cult leader, but he knew a cult of personality only lasts as long as the personality. He needed Vegas to create a state to give permanence to the ideals and culture he was trying to drill into the tribals that would last after his death. Rome still has semi-mythical status in the world today as the "Eternal City" - even nearly 1,500 years after the western empire fell. He needed a state that would transcend him.

The biggest problem is, who succeeds him. If Lanius takes over - the Legion crumbles. Lanius just wants to fight and prove the strength of the Legion. Without an enemy, they'll atrophy and die - or wander looking for an enemy to test themselves against, and stretch themselves too thin until they collapse. Caesar specifically counted on a "synthesis" with the NCR - changing the Legion from a dictatorship under an empire - into a Republic like classic Rome.

This is why modding is over-rated. Mods are a good thing, but the concept of "too much of a good thing" is very real. With a game like New Vegas I find it's nice to keep the modding light and to mostly bugfixes (and Jsawyer Ultimate because it feels great). The games that require extensive modding to enjoy aren't usually worth it.

Read Mathew 27. Romans didn't kill Jesus. Rabbis bounded and took Jesus to the Roman Governor since they lacked the authority for execution. Any despite Governor Pilate fiding Jesus not guilty of any crime, the Jews forced Pilate into executing Jesus by threating revolt and claiming that they would message Rome that he was recoginzing Jesus as a King, which would usper Caesar's wrath.

The legion was trying to get weapons from the van graff. Hardly anti tech.

Mind you that Praetorian Guard in late roman republic staged numerous coups and puppeted emperors

Do you even know what Salvaged Power amours are?
They have no servitors, there fore there is really not "power" in the power armor, its basically a big chunk of metal

Does anybody know any good F:NV fan fiction?

Who is this semen demon?

1-800-cmon now

And yet they're kicking everyone elses ass.

I remember reading one a while back about the writers courier 6 meeting the protagonist from fallout 3 and the two fighting. The Lone wanderer brought BOS people IIRC and the writers courier 6 was a house bitch who was in love with him or something.

Lewd, romantic, dramatic or action-based fan fiction?

Any good, id like to see some "what if" scenario after the end of FNV or maybe about powerstuggles in the wastelands

Not argument against the original point and the same could be said for Father Elijah with his Red Cloud. Legionfags keep glossing over how they lost the first Battle of Hoover Dam.

This isn't Rome and he doesn't command enough respect. Nobody but Caesar does and that is why they are fucked.

Is that Holla Forums's BO?

Gotta love Survival

Pharisees ordered it. It's always the jews.

webm related

The nexus imageshare is mostly fanfic, but 98% of it is shit

Go ask /fanfic/.

Also, the Romans already acknowledged a king of the Jews. Caesar didn't give a shit, because Herod and his Son bent the knee to Rome - as did Jesus (render unto Caesar) for that matter.

As if Jews revolting at that time was some kind of extraordinary occurrence that Rome could have avoided by bargaining. That it wasn't a threat levied at them on a near constant basis. You know how many claimed "messiahs" (who to the Jews required that they drive out foreigners and return Israel to the Jews) came out of Israel around that time? And you don't think that early Christians weren't trying to avoid getting caught up in the inevitable purge by painting the Romans as the good guys who dindu nuffin wrong.

And it was only… what… 30 years later that the Jewish-Roman wars began? And another 30~40 years after that a second Jewish-Roman war kicked up? And then a few years after that to the Bar Kokhba revolt/Third Jewish-Roman war where Hadrian finally got tired of the Jews shit and literally wiped Israel off the map.

I'll let you have this one and concede to whatever point you might have made.

Fallout: Lanius, Fallout: Nuka Break, and Fallout: Red Star