PC Shooters

Are there still any good online PC Shooters around? Anything decent that has come out recently? I'm craving some point and shooties, but I'm kind of tired of R6 Siege and I don't want to go back to Insurgency. It seems like everything else is trying to be a PUBG cancer clone lately as well.
I'm just looking for something that has classic game modes like CTF or deathmatch without being some terrible F2P micro-transaction piece of shit.

I guess we can talk about singleplayer games as well if all else fails.

Cease being cancer and play Turok 2.

Turok 2 has some serious level design problems,but it's still worth a play

unreal tournament 4 was going to save the world but epic just never advertised it and had to chase the money in a profitable game instead. if only the (((community))) finished making it

turok 2 has its flaws, but it's still one of my favorite games to this very day. partially nostalgia, but i loved the campaign. there were still a few folks playing turok 2 multiplayer last time i checked, but that was a couple years back, and many might've migrated to the remastered at this point.

I like what I like, man. I don't mind singleplayer, I'm just looking for something online right now.
I'll check it out though.

Dude I don't even know what happened with that. Did they really just drop development halfway through thinking someone else would finish it for them?

Titanfall 2 has been my go-to recently.
When that fails, I just go back to Duke3D or Brutal Doom.
And sometimes Overwatch when I'm in the mood to fap or play with my normie friends from work.

R6S is going downhill but still good game to relax.

Angels fall first is pretty good for a half finished game. Lot of different guns and maps.

It's not really apparent what you should be doing at any given time though.

I watched a stream of it today, I don't know how people find it that fun. It looked really boring.

blacklight retribution just got a big update, the client is sorta broken right now and the shop is disabled (so you can't unlock anything right now) but you can still earn GP to unlock stuff later

It focuses more on abilities and cooldowns than it does on shooting skill, so plebs can be competitive without being good at shooters.

Play EDF4.1
Or just play og Doom with me

Overload

It's a spiritual successor to Descent being developed by the actual original developers of Descent unlike Descent: Underground, and notable for being one of the few first-person shooters on the horizon to feature actual old-school level design (in the style of Descent, that is), without being a pale imitation that gets everything wrong or actually being an arena shooter. Lots of secrets, secret levels, traps and mind-bending full 3D labyrinth shit included. Great AI, smooth controls, varied enemy types, loads of weapons and missiles, and neat soundtrack are still present. It's currently in Early Access with release slated for maybe this year. It runs on the Unity engine, though they're currently working on optimizing the damn thing. After one of the newer updates I can actually run the game smoothly on some higher settings.

I'm surprised this game doesn't get talked about that often, since this seems to be the kind of FPS everyone here is clamoring for, though that might have more to do with Descent being somehow exempt from retro FPS circlejerking (but seriously, play Descent if you haven't already).

oh my bad, it's still kinda fun though
sadly it is no longer the game in the pic

Sounds about right. It looks like a moba made in first-person.

I can't remember if that was the game with this weird 'wallhack' ability. I tried it for a bit but that feature felt really out of place.

Bethesda will be providing us with another abortion, this time stealing from Quake. Thoughts on it so far?

Because that's exactly what it is, down to the objectives and the mechanics.

yes, "hyper reality visor", tap a button to see enemies and allies through walls but you can't fire while it's active and it takes a second to activate/deactivate. it's honestly the biggest feature that sets the game apart from other games (the other big feature being the total customization of weapons and equipment, see picrelated even though it doesn't look like that anymore, the whole UI is different now)
I've been playing this game since 2012 and it's not as good as it once was but it's worth a shot if you're tired of other games. the hyper reality visor means that many tactics which would work in other games simply don't here, like camping or sneak attacks, and I like that a lot

that's been the goal from the beginning. the game was announced as a "crowdsourced" game.

TF2V is a project for anons by anons that is really wanting for a playerbase. As it is we can only muster up about a dozen or so anons, but when it does happen its great. The game is stock TF2 from 2007 with quality of life features like airblast and building carry implemented. Runs like a dream and even has newer game-modes like payload and a large selection of high quality community maps. I sincerely hope it gets off the ground because TF2 is still fun after all these years and it's a shame Valve killed it with hat-cancer and esports shit. There's a nosteam exploit too in case you'd like to keep Gabe from pozzing your machine
Xonotic is a free open-source arena shooter. Pretty much all that has to be said. There's a gamenight going on for it right now if you want to frag some Holla Forumsirgins.

you hear hardsuit labs got the distribution rights back and they're gonna un-fuck everything PW did?

I see. It always seemed like a cheap crutch to me, but I didn't stick around too long. Maybe I'll try it again if is right.

The concept behind PUBG is really fun, but the devs are absolute garbage and Unreal 4 is only barely able to accommodate it. There are an atrocious number of bugs, both minor yet utterly bizarre, and also majorly game breaking. Every time they fix one thing, they break three more things. Ultimately I can look past bugs if I'm having a good enough time, but playing against millions of chinks with 300 ping on NA servers (many of whom are the most blatant cheaters I've ever seen) gets tiresome really quick. I can duck behind cover for a full second and still get killed by a guy shooting at thin air.

It shouldn't be too much longer until China's government finally forces them into their own censored version of the game, and a wave of PUBG clones come along to finally even things out in the market. It's a shame EA is such cancer, because I bet a DICE developed PUBG clone on the Frostbite engine (with the re-emergence of Bad Company 2's fully destructible buildings) would be fantastic. Fortnite is a complete joke though, not even worth talking about. There are some leaks to suggest a BR mode is coming to CS:GO but I don't have any faith in that seeing the light of day, let alone being any good at this point. Also leaks indicating a Tribes BR mode, but we all know Hi Rez is shit.

Black Light Retribution

MOHAA was great fun, I even played it competitively. You can still go back and play it, but the people who linger mostly play freeze tag mode.

Is that map supposed to be Avanti from TFC?

I play Neotokyo whenever I can, there's usually one server semi-populated to almost full throughout most of the day, but it cycles every few hours as the americans go to sleep and the euros go online or vice versa

Nigger AA is top tier but plenty of top tier FPS games came out after it.

>>>/cuckchan/

I like Rising Storm 2 and Midair, I get both my slow paced hardcore tactical multiplayer shooter and my casual pub arenaFPS fix from them.

I love the idea and gameplay of the game but last I played it was really dead and grindy, should I try it again?

I trust the developers personally, they only are making great changes and work really hard. This is something that the developers have been working on for over 3 years and it came to EA in just summer, that's not really scam artist behaviour.

Back to Karkand and Aftermath were both good

The visuals look great, but what is it with the holo-guide thing? Don't tell me they're no longer doing the 3D maps and instead I have to follow that little shit around.

I played it with my friend for 4 months, then petered out when every match went the same and then Blizzard starting fucking the meta up

It's pretty shit

It was garbage and you have shit taste only End Game had actual well designed maps out of the whole shitty game.

Dirty bomb is pretty good, and they release new content periodically they finance with skin whales

No, Splash Damage died after Quack Wars

Why is it bad?

I like RS2. A lot of people dislike Tripwire and that's understandable but most of their arguments against the game itself are usually based on their opinions on Red Orchestra 2 which don't apply.

Got a new update, but lets see if they dont fuck it up even more.

It's a step above most due to more skill based shooting instead of one button prompts, but it's still garbage.

If you're not into a deicated autistic community which will likely be filled with drama due to Tripjew fans being fucking cancer then you're stuck with retarded ass pubbies and the one team with a Commander and a team willing to follow, tunnel and spot/heli is the winrar while the other loses for not having one of these variables.

Nice. I do hop on that every now and then, but I noticed the playerbase dropping over time. Maybe it's just my timezone though.

That looks fun to play. Though it's >early access for now so we'll see how it actually turns out.

Having said that, not that I'll actually play it, I'm not buying a joystick for one game.

Tried it again for a little bit and it's alright I suppose. Not being able to get new weapons or at least gun mods is annoying so I'll wait until the shop's up again.

Beyond that it really does seem like there's fuck all to play that isn't dogshit. What a sad state of affairs.

Arena shooters are basically the only good online shooters left, the rest is dead. Which is fairly gay if you already played them to death or have no interest in the genre.

Call me back when it releases. There's the free software engine replacement for descent 1&2 that makes it run well and better on modern systems. You can run the game in whatever resolution you want for instance, the original is capped at VGA because it's a DOS game or something like that, I don't remember.

Yeah, it's disgusting. I had some fun with UT4, but it seems like it'll never be finished and it was just a stupid token gesture. I guarentee you even if the community made it into a respectable game they'd immediately milk it for all its worth while giving no thanks to the people who made it anyway.

Destiny 2
:^)

If you are interested in PUBG conceptually, I'd recommend trying out Rust. It can vary a lot depending on what server you play, from total fuck fests where your whole base is destroyed every time you log off for the night, to more chilled out large maps that eventually form player communities, and there are even servers that do the battle royale thing just like PUBG. It used to be kinda mediocre but they have been making it better with updates. Definitely more value than PUBG just because it offers quite a variety of modded servers.

I have a friend who kept up with it and he hasn't said on a word on it either. Last thing he told me before going back to the slowly dying UT2004 scene is that UT4 has a colored hair gaymurr gurrrrl infection that are outwardly SJWs.

Also it doesn't help that their art design looks like they took the worst parts of Serious Sam BFE and amplified it to 1000%. It's like they couldn't understand less what made the designs of the 90s and early 2000s sci-fi recognizable.

Yeah, that's what it looks like. It's a shame because I'm really not into arena shooters much.
There's a couple more slow-paced and tactical shooters that I have my eye on like Escape from Tarkov and I have Squad if I want to dick around, but if you're looking for a game like Tribes or something that you can just drop into and play a couple rounds of then you're shit out of luck.

It did sound like a bit of a clusterfuck from the start, but I wanted them to succeed. I'm glad I took more of a "I'll believe it when I see it" stance and didn't get too invested in it.

Go play F.E.A.R Combat