Unsung Story

Who was at fault for this disaster?
Is Matsuno just another Inafune? the last serious thing he worked on was Crimson Shroud, the rest was an expansion for FFXIV and some mobile game

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/littleorbit/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians/posts/2082508
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just want to clear the air about this allegations of Yasumi Matsuno pulling an Inafune with Unsung Story.

It was Playdek, not Matsuno, who made the kickstarter for Unsung Story. Yasumi Matsuno was hired as a consultant and he offered his expertise in tactics RPGs pro-bono for Playdek. He never started it, the defunct Playdek did.

I wonder how it'll turn out with Little Orbit at the helm, since at the very least they sound like proper FFT autists.
It's fun seeing them shit on the little amount of work that Playdek got around to doing.

is this what paid for tiny metal?

ok, that clears thing up a bit
Squeenix should put his glorious ass to good use, motherfuckers are sitting on the rights to the Ogre series and it makes me mad

Playdek hired Matsuno to write up a pitch for the project. His involvement was already over by the time the kickstarter launched. The entire thing was just a bid on Playdek's side to establish a new IP and acquire capital for for a digital card game they were doing, using the kickstarter as proof to investors that there was a market for this. Unfortunately that didn't work, and they were far too incompetent to deliver the actual game.

No, that would be Project Phoenix

I'd honestly just written the project off so anything they can produce and release is already a step above what I was expecting. I like the degree of transparency and communication they've been demonstrating too. At the end of the day though, they're still new to this kind of game even if they're passionate about it so I'm not prepared to get excited yet. Finally, Playdek can go fuck themselves sidewise.

This is the FFT-style indie game right? Whatever happened to that?

Who's that cute sailor girl

Playdek got peoples money by waving matsuno as a lead director. Turns out he had jack shit to do with it and playdek was just using that money for a mobile card game, so being silent and uneventful with updates for 3 years. Then a few months back Little Orbit bought out the rights for it hoping they could finish off what Playdek started. Like everyone suspected, Playdek did jack shit and they're starting from scratch. Now we see what Little Orbit will do.

If you've seen their recent designs it looks kinda world of warcraft like. It looks like they might complete it in the future, but it won't have the matsuno style that people are looking for.

I dunno about World of Warcraft. The concepts just look like FFT fan art, which is both good and bad I guess.
Hopefully this goes well for Little Orbit, I've got respect for them for shouldering this responsibility without any of the backer money.

They have noses so they are by default not faithful to FFT.

the diamonds, oversized shoulder pads, and spikes on everything give me a WoW vibe

How is he holding that shield?

Magnetic gauntlets.

Also, I only now noticed that the Divine Defender is basically just Gafgarion.

the girl looks fine if you dont look at her face
I am not thrilled by the addition of noses

I would really like to see those design documents Matsuno wrote

The crystal shit really is more of a post-TBC thing for WoW when all of the artists got replaced by the same sweatshop gooks who work on ASSFAGGOTS.

It's a goddamn ripoff.

It's a fucking abomination

Playdek committed fraud, 100%. Between getting funded for this, they used the resources to put out several board games (mobile titles?), yet couldn't show progress to backers. When they did, they decided that FFT successor would be multiplayer driven and balanced by the community because they had no talent to do so themselves. No assets to show for 3-4 years of work. They didn't even say they were filing for bankruptcy when they handed things over to Little Orbit, but instead changed their website to suggest they were 'changing things around.' Some of the shittiest indie devs ever

They also had a pretty great roster of scummy, punchable faces.

And still, impulsive emotional retards paid for it only because of the name of FFT attached to it.
As long as there are retards like this, those scammers will thrive.

Also, (((Goodman))) and (((Weis)))

they are doing a fine job of ensuring that it isn't going to happen again. t. one of those retards. it was the only of the three kikestarters I backed that turned out terribly. the other two were shovel knight and hyper light drifter, which at least delivered a product at the end

woody

What complete shit. Completely overdone. FFT designs knew to keep things simple and plausible, while still looking cool.

Always check (((who))) is involved in the creation of a product or service. If it is a deformed kike, avoid it and take as many people away from it as you can.

Yeah, but throw in a (((nostalgia))) related name, especially from a long forgotten (by the companies) game or franchise, and you will have legions of retards thinking "maybe this time it will work…" again and spending their money on scams.

Jesus. The sooner the West leaves the gaming industry the better off we'll all be.

Bumping this thread because Little Orbit seems to be getting shit done.

Sakimoto is on board for an hour of music, 1st pic.
Yoshida "cannot be involved on Unsung Story" for art "due to a number of reasons beyond anyone's control" although they "hope to work with Yoshida and Cygames in the future."
Matsuno gave feedback on the rough draft of the story which seemed to be favorable except "he did give one major gameplay note that he wants to see explored" which they'll be addressing. I'm not sure how much involvement he'll have after this, however.

Little Orbit also showed their own progress on the art. Think it looks like shit? Apparently so do they. They "don't think this actual model will be used" but they "feel like we're getting closer".

kickstarter.com/projects/littleorbit/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians/posts/2082508

They really need to ditch the pointlessly huge cuffs and hands. Female characters should have dainty little hands.

Don't think I can't tell it's you even though you dropped the anime pics.

I doubt fanboy autism will permit that.

it's a clear scam from the get go, they don't even have a working alpha build, just a picture and faggots already throwing money at it

==Fault?== Publisher's fault… always!

so thats what autism looks like

Well, it seems that they are at least trying. But I'm still skeptical about this whole project, still, it seems they really like FFT.

That's literally the female mage concept art, you nonce.