"RPG fans should play MOBAs because they're the same."

archive.fo/JwgDC

This is top-tier reaching right here, fellas. Enjoy the stupidity.

WOW
inb4 someone agrees for (you)s

There was actually a low budget RPG using an ASSFAGGOT gameplay style and it was pretty damned fun because everyone played differently and the synergy between your four party members was all up to you.

THIS FUCKING DESPERATION, HOLY SHIT.

It has more in common with Starcraft RTS type games then any RPG, and it's a worse and dumbed down version of the genre anyway. MOBAs are just casualized RTS, and they realize that this looks bad so they're trying to make a comparison to RPGs instead to avert any sort of heat they have from that comparison.

Which is dumb because they inflamed two fanbases instead of one. Two very broad bases.

Wew indeed

Justin Woo has a fiscal interest in the topic. Da-tum.

who wrote this sharticle and why should I care

If leveling up and adding new skills is what people think RPGs are then yes, technically Mobas are RPGs.

But then again this guy is a brain dead faggot who would most likely install the "Just attack" mod for morrowind because he can't fathom skills actually being what causes you to hit or miss

It's similar to MMO RPG combat, but more intensive. In that specific manner, he's right. But qualifying it under "RPGs" in general makes him look like a complete twat.

No, fuck this shit.
The only faggots that play these are either addicted to it or are worst kind of normalfags.

Literally who?

Took a look at his twatter, explains why he sounds absolutely retarded.

It's retarded
Also off yourself clickbait fag.

Why are you heated, fag?

Yeah Overwatch is the spiritual successor of BG2.

It'd be a lot easier to talk shit about games if I didn't have to defend them because you're retarded.

It shouldn't be surprising that the article is retarded. The author bases his judgement on Dragon Age Inquisition, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Heroes of the Storm. Its obvious he doesn't play vidya and can only use newer games as sources.

All that faggotry condensed into one screencap, and yet his real-life location is what really make me irate.
The United States of America were a mistake.

There is hope yet my friend. 2018 looks to be another great year for salt harvesting.

I'm so sick of rights. All rights are invented by men, and must be defended, or they cease to exist. 'Must be' = duty, so where are women's duties?

I can't believe that mentally ill faggot is still alive. There is no justice in this world

RPG fans must subvert all marketing for ASSFAGGOTS and kill all hype whenever a new iteration of this piece of shit genre is announced.

There is no hope, user. Only seppuku remains.

I wouldn't mind ASSFAGGOTS gameplay as a co-op horde mode sort of thing with persistent progression, swappable abilities, and…
Last Stand. I'm describing Dawn of War II Retribution's Last Stand mode. Why isn't that the industry standard?

Both faggotries should do real sports.

He getting laid right now.

journos are becoming more and more outdated and useless as the days go user. They've been shit since the very beginning.

Isn't that kinda what Alien Swarm and Red Solstice are?

I think Red Solstice might be, yeah. Alien Swarm is more of a top down Left 4 Dead.

Never heard of it.
Sounds like a numale.

No he isn't, at best he's jerking off in the corner while someone else fucks his wife.

Who could have predicted this? Everything works like it is should and you pretending it doesn't isn't changing a thing.

These people are only alive because you people have no balls. They are your enemy, they act to slave and kill you, and you sit around to take it. Get your shit together and remove them.

He's not wrong, sorry.

Hi FBI kun. Shitposting while browsing /pone/ again?

Nice meme.

Greatest ally, please wordfilter "MOBA" to ASSFAGGOTS.

In other words, RPGs can be too gamey and need to be played.
I agree, all games should only be 20-30 minutes long and give me over a hundred characters with minor differing features so I can keep replaying that one game till the end of time.

Agreed.
ASSFAGGOTS are so shit they should never be compared with a proper genre in the same sentence.
It's a good thing that they are now on their own, so we don't have to suffer such insults.

I can smell those chink bribe shekels from tencent all the way out here. Then again
And finally all the pieces come together.

They both have the shitty isometric camera and boring click to play gameplay, so in a way they're the same.

It's not the mid90s user.

What's there even to say to this? The person who wrote this down is obviously mentally challenged, you can't argue with retards.

dow3 fantards (check steam forum unless you want to keep your sanity ) will agree

Name me an assfaggots that isn't polluted with normies and people who can't use english and I'll play it.

Well that explains why he is fucking retarded then.

The term "RPG" has officially lost the last bit of it's original meaning.

You are the normalfag.

That's what you get for backing a loser horse, Rocket Propelled Grenades are still doing fine.

He is worse than a normalfag. He is - may Allah forgive me for uttering this word- a redditor.

RTS fan here, do not listen to the ASSFAGGOTS. They want to destroy RPGs now too.

They're already gone.

i had some kid describe to me that you need to look up your build before you play path of exile because its "competitive" like league of legends.

i wasnt even mad at the kid, just disappointed in the generation

I thought I was noticing something! These people can't critically think.

How?

barely any decent RPG games in the last 3 years, personally:

Divinity 2
Pillars of Eternity
Spellforce 3

I was going to say, you better not shittalk OS 2. There's been a small revival if anything, though. Tyranny, the Expeditions games, Wasteland 2.

How is Spellforce 3 by the way?

Maybe I should write a cheap clickbait article about why soccer and mobas are equally horrible because they focus on the flawed principle of getting carried by your team and how they soften up our generation by avoiding confrontations with your own inabilities. Also they are both mainly enjoyed by people who don't even play these games

To be fair, aren't most sports? I mean, Football, Football, Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Gymnastics, Track and Field, the list goes on for sports that very few people actually play and who's only engagement is watching them

If I wanted that, why not go all the way and play Half Minute Hero?

I wanted to like the Viking game so bad. It seemed so inspired and down to earth, and the characters and mechanics looked interesting. But holy shit does that game fall apart when you actually try to play it.

So it's a perfect analog for MYFAROG.

how many cocks do you suck at a hourly basis?

Huh, I actually hadn't heard of that, which is doubly strange because I play tabletop RPGs a lot. My GM probably knows of it.
Warhammer Fantasy 2nd edition is pretty good for grounded fantasy shenanigans, and so are retroclones like Labyrinth Lord.

user just admit you're out of shape.

It doesn't matter what user is. 167,000,000 watch the super bowl, when ~22-40 actually play in it. That's what it means to be a spectator sport.

Jesus, I'm reading more of this and it jusr gets worse.
I'm guessing he doesn't play RPGs that are actually decent and is just projecting his high school English knowledge. Most CRPGs actually have their peak point somewhere in the middle, because the game is challenging unlike the beginning which goes easy on you, and it doesn't risk overwhelming you with usable items and skills (any of which may or may not be overpowered and risk rendering everything else useless) like the end usually does. In D&D circles we call it the "sweet spot" and it's between levels 5 and 10.

Ha, that's Newegg's game news site. I used to shitpost in the comments there.

when i stopped playing dota, i had 5k hours in it.
yeah probably. what a tremendous waste of time. the whole thing was just as bad as being addicted to WoW except the community is even more toxic. i can look back on the time i spent on RPGs like morrowind and FFT and be glad that i spent the time on it, but the exact opposite occurs when i look back on my time with dota. even my time playing multiplayer starcraft and practicing it every night was enjoyable in retrospect compared to dota. fuck that game.

Makes sense. Funnily enough it took a really REALLY fucking good RPG to kill my 5 year long dota addiction.

was it OS 2?

THIS.
As soon as the right solution is implemented, everything will improve.
And of course, there will be shills trying to prevent it here. Ignore them and kill the enemy.

No I have a really hard time picking up turn based games. It was bloodlines. This actually happened before, though. Stalker killed it for a half a year but I eventually relapsed. Game is significantly less fun than it was back then.

No kidding, a classic! I am going to start Redemption today, then Bloodlines after.

"Let's just kill them all!"
Okay.

That's the thing. Idiots think Overwatch is an assfaggot because they've come to think things like cooldown abilities and holy trinity combat are assfaggot mechanics and not rpg mechanics that assfaggots adopted.

this is the kind of retarded shit that would give him plenty of (you)s

Stop playing lol and learn a foreign language, Đ´ÑƒÑ€Đ°Đº

so you can play dota with Russians instead? great idea

All of this feminist bullshit reminds me of my dead grandmother talking about the stuff she'd get away with because she was a woman, in the 1920s.
Feminists like to paint the recent past as being some sort of dark age, because without it their nonsense crumples like a card tower. But of course, it's all fiction.
Like how some bluepills have the idea that a man with long hair would instantly be deemed a faggot sometime in the past because mr soros told them, even though this association is very recent and a man like that was branded a bum or at the very least untidy instead.

Yes.

Oh hi false flagger.

thanks for telling us your taste is shit, user

All MOBAs aren't LoL or DOTA. Play Smite on Arena mode and suddenly the genre is fun.

you are either retarded or failing with your poor bait

Hey mate don't diss the V man's literary magnum opus

Playing in russian severs ain't as bad as people make it out to be.

on the us dota servers it was 60% peruvians, at the very least, sometimes more. chinga tu madre, pinche vieja, vente a la mrd, rata de mrd, etc stupid insults that i shouldn't know but do because peruvians screamed them over the mic in every match.

t. jew

funny thing is russian servers in Dota2 are less cancerous than EU East or West servers because the worst dota trash plays on them expecting other players to carry them

Hello fellow anonymous users! I wonder what that game could possibly be!

There is a bit of WE WUZ in it, which is made amusing because of the amount of rape going on. Related to that, it feels like the writers were fans of GoT, and they do the mage persecution angle even though mages fuck up the world far worse than anything done in Spellforce 3 a bit later in the story. I'd say it does some of what the original spellforce tried to do better, but you have less build options because your initial choices for class determine what your abilities are and those determine how you want to build your character. Spellcaster/fighter mixes still feel like they are gimped in both areas, but I might just not know how to build them right. It is also faster, but not so much that it doesn't completely get rid of one of the issues with the original Spellforce.

>>>/cuckchan/ and stay there,this is a coffee only board

So it's worth it? I never played a Spellforce game though they look intriguing.

???

It also shows that he blows ass at MOBAs. A ton of the characters in any MOBA are means to be powerful in the middle of the game, but blow ass once time passes.

I like the gameplay itself, honestly, so I would say it would at least be worth pirating.

You are right, it's even worse

This is kind of a kefka, because yeah they are a lot like MMORPGs because modern MMO mechanics are loosely based off of DOTA, which is based old Blizz RTSes, Just enough mental gymnastics to avoid being completely wrong.

Anyway, this is what happens when you try to weed out "toxic" gamers because you are yourself a toxic leftist faggot. Your game goes in the shitter, people stop caring, and you find yourself writing stupid shit like this article.

Games Journalists are the small time buddy. If you are going to attack someone, make it a high value target.

I've never played a MOBA before. The entire concept just doesn't sound fun or interesting. I don't like racing and sports games, but I still play Outrun 2, or Mutant League Football, and shit… I mean, I want to experience those genres, even if I generally don't like them, and an interesting hook or fun mechanics can turn my opinion around on a game by game basis.

But Mobas… I can't even work up the motivation to experiment with them and try them out. The whole concept just sounds fucking dumb. A big part of it also is that they are competitive multiplayer focused by definition, and don't give the slightest fuck about competitive multiplayer anymore.

anime girls make you gay

is that guy married to the thing in the pic?

Let it all burn. I have my backlog.

do you think theyll make good games again after this?

NO, but once they die others will finally be able to fill the gap these idiots will leave.

Look, at least she didn't call it an AK-47, making her firmly above average by journalist standards.

Even if they do, you must never support them. Who they are and what are their intentions are what matters. They will try to subvert everything. Never give money to them.

Who?
Journiggers don't make video games.

I do actually believe that a single player MOBA has potential. Kind of like a Diablo clone.

Do you remember the name?

He's a faggot but he's right about distilling the mechanical essence. It's the mechanical essence of ARPGs however. No bump for clickbait thread.

Not even ARPGs. ARPGs tend to center around interesting combat mechanics with some RPG elements. It is much closer to MMO controls which are mostly push to cast.

If I wanted the RTS experience I'd play Starcraft
If I wanted the team vs team experience I'd play Hat Fortress
If I wanted top-down RPGs I'd load up Path of Exile.

Why the fuck would anyone play MOBAs?

Who's actually retarded to believe this is genuine?

It really saddens me that RPG now means anything people want it to mean. The devs of Payday 2 call that game an RPG.

If you can increase the stats of something it is now an rpg apparently

Guess all the indie devs from ADGD are gonna have to call their RPG games Adventure games now.

But those are called walking sims now.

The whole western industry.

No you're not you dick sucking faggot

Having a hard time with those squinty eyes of yours?

At least they didn't put a chainsaw bayonet on it this time.

"And that's a good thing!"-tier.

Don't be retarded user

The only people who hate mobas either have fragile egos or are garbage at them :^)

MOBAs aren't a good time investment. Even if you find a game for you, a playstyle you like and so on, you're ultimately at the mercy of the developpers of said MOBA. MOBA developpers are either retarded or money hungry and will fuck up their game if they think it will bring them more money.
The playstyle you like may be deemed anti fun or too complicated, gutted, removed, changed and/or ultimately ruined.
the game itself may change for the worse, with people jumping left and right to defend every retarded decision. LoL is a perfect example of this.

Then I don't want to be straight. Are there reverse-conversion therapies?

Really?

MOBAs are RTS done right. RTS were mistake of the gaming dawn.

This is true for any modern online game. They have short expiration date.

What about RTS Strategy games :^)

So Jews, niggers, and chinks?

> There isn't a lot of people who play this one long form story oriented genre and the players of this short form competition driven game, even though the surface level mechanics of the latter are a distilled significantly cut down version of the former.
Have you ever seen someone invalidate their argument before they even stated their thesis?

It is interesting question what is RPG. I think most people get it wrong and developer too and make "RPGs" that are not RPGs at all.

What is RPG? Role Playing Game. Role-playing. Like theater. And what is particular thing about it? That players don't need to be able to do that role IRL at all. Their IRL ability is reaplced by "role" that automatically does what for them all things that this role needs to do. Ability is replaced by gaming numbers. These numbers of things that roles needs to do. Numbers. Not players. If you need cut n half some with huge sword you don't need to be able do it IRL, if you want to heal something you don't need to study medicine for 20 years. This evening you are assigned numbers which WILL DO IT FOR YOU. So you can play role in which you don't need to be good IRL.

Now take video-games. With progression from turn based into real time with have shift from situation when success in making something (usually combat as key resolution of conflict and driving force) shifts from numbers doing things for player to player DOING THINGS HIMSELF. To beat enemy player needs fast and accurate inputs. Basically game makes player to pass Agility and Reaction tests IRL. PLAYER. Not his gaming avatar. So fundamentally in such games players CAN"T play role, becuase he is playing HIMSELF as success of gaming mechanics test is now tied to HIS IRL ABILITIES.

tl;dr Games where success significantly depends on the player reaction and abilities can't be called RPGs. They are action games.

LOL

Yeah. Also some people forget that "choices" dont actually matter in RPG. You are playing a role, you are meant to do what is true to your character, not what you want to do irl. So whilst choice can mean creating your own role, if devs have linear story that just means you cant fuck up your role. Its like difference between improv theater and a real play. Both are still stage productions.

Most of my friends play MOBAs, but I never got the appeal.

yeah it's called Diablo 3

isn't any (MMO)RPG an RTS done right then? there's not much difference between RPGs (you control one dude and fight others) and MOBAs (you control one dude and fight others). It's just that latter's camera is higher,

Story time Mr. Trips. What kind of shit did your grandmother get away with?

Top Jews. The ones that think they're well-hidden because no-one pays attention to them.

ARPGs are the closer analogy, MMOs exist as compromises to the diablo formula for large playerbases thanks to blizzard. Because the networking is easier for 10 players than thousands the combat mechanics of ASSFAGGOTS end up being closer to a single player or average multiplayer ARPG scenario. It does remove some of the more compelling features of ARPGs such as dungeon generation though. It is similar to MMOs in that its a compromised ARPG, but it's compromised in different ways.

Tainted western devs and has DIGRA/SJWs ruining games brought over from the east.

I remember playing the demo for that, I thought it was pretty neat. Didn't it get fucked in the ass by piracy? Something like 10k sales on launch date but 100k people trying to access the servers?

This brings back good old feels

it all makes sense

the epitome of soyjak

yeah it got fucked hard. The characters werent balanced very good but the game deserves alot more then what happened to it.

The only reason people play ASSFAGGOTS isn't to have fun, but I think it's because of the sunken cost fallacy.

Except most ASSFAGGOTS play like World of Warcraft battlegrounds without an overabundance of spells and have some on the fly leveling/item system. This is because DOTA was based on Warcraft 3's hero mechanics just the same as WoW.

It's Aarklash Legacy. It's by the same guys who made Styx and Of Orcs and Men, so you know what to expect. A short, not very polished game but it's pretty fun.

ASSFAGGOTS are a way of determining who should be removed from the gene pool. Gas tem all.

Fractured Space is the best ASSFAGGOTS to ever exist and it's only one by the objective of matches.
It plays like a tactical third-person shooter and it has the best shipfus of any game.

The best ASSFAGGOTS in existence were ASSFAGGOTS before the genre came into existence and even then they sucked compared to other custom maps.

This
There were so many good games and yet ASSFAGGOTS got the chance to me mainstreamed
I think it was the competitive aspect that people liked about it, before they made it into an actual game that focused solely on competitive tripe
Castle FIght is a significantly superior game in every aspect

is it pure coincidence that these kinds of articles are popping now because gigantic and Paragon are shutting down?

Journalists don't understand games, so it's understandably these retards wouldn't understand what's good about certain genres.

somehow this isn't an article by shitaku and polycon. oh wait, i forgot they can't actually play games that require more than 1 button press per minute.

how can you look this hideous? everything about that face is just so fucking twisted and abhorrent, it's like a burn victim's face. why is it spending money on motorcycles instead of plastic surgery? isn't the point of being trans that you wanna look like the other sex so you can feel like it too? at least fucking try and fix up your god damn face. at least try. come on, this is just lazy.