Do japanese make better games?

Let's have a quality discussion on the pros/cons of japanese games vs western games.

Your video is a Chinese game though.

In japan western games are more popular than japanese. Never forget that.

broofs?

obviously

Yea, I just wish their character artists would draw from life instead of the same rehashed moe shit with no nose and skintight bodysuits with metal nonsense hot glued on it. not that I have a problem with skintight bodysuits

You're right, that's why the Xbox One is so popular over there, they are completely obsessed with Halo. :^)

WHAT?

inb4 image of a few Nip game devs saying they like Skyrim

So thats why the japanese always dominate the on the western fighting games

Wow it's like Japan has a bunch of normalfags too.
Sage for shit thread.

Many western devs are bent on making the most unattractive women possible.
If that wasn't the case, probably would be more popular.

Also reminds me of a story about Kotick visiting Japan:

Gooks consider lootboxes, P2W, and auto play quality features that all games should have.

3DPD Japanese people have the SHITTIEST taste imaginable. It's incredible how bad things are over there. The entire reason 2D exists and is so wonderful is because those few poor tortured souls that create it are swimming in a sea of the worst examples of 3DPD on the planet have no other way to escape.

based japs

I have never played an eastern game I've liked, give me recommendations

Paper Mario 2 or Mega Man X

Sengoku Rance

sage

no one makes good games anymore

The west is incompetent as fuck when it comes to AAA games, due to all the useless virtue-signalling community managers, ego-bloated nu-male hack designers, pajeet coders and greedy kike companies. But thanks to smaller indie studios and 'murican freedom, they do pick up some stuff japan and big western companies would never even consider.
By contrast, japan is more experienced and professional with bigger releases and their games are very well polished, but as a result they also play things too safe over there. Experimentation and variety in japanese games has gotten almost non-existant over the years due to rising budgets, as well as competing with western gaming giants to not get dragged back like back in the 7th. So like 97% of their industry is basically pandering to lowest common denominator audiences and exploiting top-selling concepts, while absolutely ignoring anything and everything else.

Generally, yes. There are tons of bad Japanese games, and once in a while a good Western game, but at least 80% of games worth your time are Japanese.

*like back in the 7th gen.

Oh yeah, sega, capcom, konami, very professional companies with very polished games.

Am I correct in saying that japanese games have superior music? Souls series, MGS series, mario games, megaman games, zelda games, many jrg's (chrono trigger, final fantasy, dragon quest), street fighter, just some off the top of my head.
It's like they always prioritise their game music to have a melody, which makes it memorable for me. Western games have strange ambient music that you can't remember even if you tried.

Though some western games do have good music: donkey kong (it's made by Rare, so western??? but published under nintendo, how much creative control did nintendo have iono), halo, skyrim, serious sam.

I'm probably biased because I grew up on the SNES.

Western indies tend to have great music. Binding of Isaac for example. Also TF2 had a great soundtrack.

Weaboos are the reason japanese games have been shit for longer than western games, they'll eat up anything with a japanese touch to it.
Japanese games at some point were great, but now they're even worse than western games.