Vidya art thread

doesn't have to be official art

Video game concept art fascinates me on a technical level. Wondering how much of it is handpainted and how much of it is rotoscoped 3D models or filtered photographs is something I could spend hours on.
Like those Nier concepts clearly have so much filtered photographs it's almost kind of painful. At the same time though, I can't help but admire the artist's ingenuity.

Halo: Reach was truly Halo's artstyle perfected, the pinnacle of a gradual evolution.

ARTISTS, IT'S OKAY TO STEAL THIS ARTSTYLE. IT'S A GREAT ARTSYLE. PICASSO BECAME GREAT PARTIALLY BY STEALING, YOU CAN STEAL IT TOO!

Collecting art was a nice incentive to play this game. Posting some raichus, by the way.

Well, that's cute.

That is a very nice girl.
Is that Dragon's Crown?
I don't think it's Odin's Sphere, although they are very similar in looks.

They're all from DC

Shigatake also did some work for OS, yes. next batch

I'm sure Isaac would appreciate your praise

God I miss Reach sometimes. It's up in my top 3 with ODST

come play with me sometime nerd

We need a new ODST game where you're fighting insurrectionists and then at the very end Covenant start dropping onto your planet and no one knows what they are.

It's best to let the dead bury the dead

I've always really loved the early Katsuya Terada Zelda artwork.

god damnit japan

Gyakuten Saiban series has some seriously underrated characters.

She's a reference to Hela from Norse mythology who's described as being half skeleton. Sure, the anti-air cannon bazonglers are all Kamitani's but the design isn't a total ass pull except what's under her skirt.

I liked how Leifthrasir not only had a physical, full color English artbook as a first print bonus (much prefer physical stuff to DLC shit), but also a version as an unlockable in the game itself. Makes me wish Muramasa had something like that (though, if it does, I haven't found anything like that specifically for it).