Games that you still come back to

Exactly as it says on the tin, just post some games that you always come back to even if it's only once a year and why.
The horror is admittedly shit and the backdrops for the fights are bland as all hell, but god damn is the combat some of the most satisfying you will find in an FPS not called Doom.
One of, if not the absolute best to come out of the series simply because of the grander scope compared to anything that's come before or since. I still have memories of that 'holy shit' moment when you jump in the rocket to directly assault the alien mothership while working with the same army that had been trying to kill you before this point.

cod waw

I play other Metal Slug games more often than 3. 3 is just too long for its own good.

Different factions, religions, time-periods and characters to play as, plus mods that add even more of previously mentioned
Honestly don't know for sure, it's fun
I recently picked it up after not playing it for a good 7 years, found a bunch of random dudes who never stopped and have been steamrolling Xbone players with them since
See CK2 but subtract /gsg/ and add sandbox 1st person and 3rd person
I like the base game despite warscape engine and the mods are great

Always.

Always makes my evening when I'm bored out of my mind.

I'll never grow out of loving this game. I play it every now and again, still.

I wish i could stop.

How do you do it? How do you keep playing a game with such shit combat and quests? Do you only masturbate to bodyslide models?

there are a few that i come back to pretty often. morrowind, starcraft1, various pokemon romhacks, zelda (oot, majora, oracle ages/seasons), eu4. i play alot of eu4, always end up coming back to it after other games. final fantasy tactics advance is one i first played in elementary school and have come back to many times; i recently tried out the original FFT tho (well, the war of the lions on psp) and i'm liking it more as the combat is much more challenging and there's no bullshit race restriction on classes.
also i've gone back to turok 2 and 3 a few times over the years, those are a blast.
pic is an eu4 game i did awhile back, jianzhou > manchu > qing at 1821. did it on the MoH patch.

QFT. morrowind or gtfo pls.

First image was an accident, but I still got dubs so it's ok.

-S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC
-Half Life OF
-Metroid Zero Mission
-World in Conflict
Every Year

Just fucking kill me already.

KF2 from time to time
New vegas because of mods.

(checked)
I also come back to F.E.A.R plenty of times, just not early.
Can't believe that after all these years no one has done something similar
Tenpang2 a project by like 2 guys might interest you OP

I really hope they don't fuck up Three Kingdoms.
I'm completely ignoring Brittania if they still have the no collision shit physics they fixed with WaWa

I normally quit F.E.A.R. once you kill Fettel, since there's no fun combat after that point. I still come back to it once or twice a year to do novelty runs, like no guns or pistol only.

Could you elaborate on what Tenpang2 is? My googlefu is failing me.

I hope the opposite, I don't give three fucks about a game aimed at the chink audience. I'd like to see a proper Danelaw total whore

-come back for stalkan
-atmosphere
-AI observation

-nice story
-nice battle and crafting system imo
-nice low poly

-come back when i have an idea of a building i want to make
-come back every new update

-play as some random country
-try to at least make it within world power

-try a new build that i haven't tried yet

My bad, it's Trepang2
Check the whole channel, he's got everything from A.I behaviour to little details.

The different design of the game mighg be fun though.
I just hope Britannia fixes their fucking shit

Mods can make it fun in its own autistic way.

I swear as long as I have a computer that can play these two games (really any ver. of DoW) I'll be okay.

f.e.a.r., hitman blood money, super metroid, far cry 2, wario land 4, metal gear solid, etc etc etc.

F.E.A.R, original KoTOR, Paper Mario 64 + TTYD

FEAR, Torchlight 2, Quake 3, Resident Evil 4, both GBA Fire Emblem games.

That section of the Expansion is probably the best of the game, including the base game.

F.E.A.R.
system shock 2
bioshock
prototype
psychonauts
elite dangerous
assassins creed black flag just for dicking around with the ship and harpooning, I swear
and prince of persia when I want to play a good assassins creed game.

mostly I meta like this user and give myself arbitrary rules when I come back to em.

Keep on trucking

Oh and New Vegas really goes without saying.

Dawn of War Soulstorm
Mount and Blade
Starsector
STALKER shit, usually Call of Chernobyl lately
Earlier pokemon games or pokemon rom hacks for gameboy advanced emulators
Fallout New Vegas
Skyrim with mods to behave like Violated Heroine, good stuff.
I think that sums me up. I don't play a lot of new games.

Something about that particular Dawn of war title pissed me the fuck off and I have never been able to explain it.

this. It might be the planes?
also I got black flag for free should I play it?

I like the water gun mechanics, the levels and bonus levels, and how buttery smooth the platforming is.
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR MARKER
It's a fun zombie action game dedicated to gibs, lots of different guns, cool power suits and the best waifu. Also speedrunning.
I just like loading up a save, diving into Bitterblack Isle and beating on some big nasty that can fuck me up in one hit if I'm not careful, plus I really like nearly all the classes.
Easy way to kill a few hours, plus Samus and speedrunning.

I fucking miss these games.

I recommend it if you are into pirate shit, sea shanties and harpooning shit. Unfortunately it blocks a lot of the upgrades and sea shanties behind shitty running around on land doing stupid assassin stuff.

This game could be one of my always go back to games, but the thing that really got me going was disguising as blackwatch and going on patrols and there wasn't heaps going on with that. It's a real shame that the zombie phase came and went without a game where we could play as the military at the start of an outbreak. Maybe some kind of game with six hour long rounds where one team plays as the military, and the other team plays as the virus.

Whenever I feel bored and don't know what to play, I just throw some music in the background, slap some mods on and shoot demons with guns for an hour or two.
Or run around in multiplayer.

F.E.A.R.
Prey
Counter-Strike 1.6
Quake and Quake alike games
Pokemon (1st + 2nd gen)
TERA

maybe a few moreā€¦

I have the problem of having a good chunk of games that I keep going back to, where new games don't get tried or they fail to capture me.

>Now esnared by it since it's a VR game I can lose myself in for hours

at least your time in ED isn't as bad as my warframe time.

I wonder if that drawfag user still posts here
He was a comfy dude

Damn, that map of Ireland riles up my autism.
How does someone even manage to get all the names right and then put literally all of them in the wrong places? That's not even getting into the fact that there was no such thing as the "Kingdom of Wales."