Remember the days of pre 2008 'all nighter feasting' midnight launch events?

Remember the days of pre 2008 'all nighter feasting' midnight launch events?

So Monhun World comes out tonight and for my circle of friends thats basically a national holiday when one of those games comes out. Everyones off work and the plan is a long time playing till the wee hours.
It reminded me of back in the day when you would see the people that treated such an event like watching the superbowl. Posting photos online of stacks of cans of energy drinks, pizzas, hot pockets, chips of all varietys which always seemed odd in a 'pass the controller bro' setting. It feels like after "Im such a nerd xDDDD" culture moved in and metastasized it vanished nearly overnight and nobody noticed.

I don't think my health would miss it much but its kind of tempting to just get some dr peppers, order in a pizza or kebab and have some snacks on hand like the good old days. But thats really just being a greedy piece of shit.

When is the last time you prepared a feast for a midnight launch?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=uBk9lLFWGcI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You sound like a fat ass OP.

I never remember this because I had no friends and still have no friends. Sage for normalfag thread about socializing and wagecucking.

No game worth playing has ever had a midnight launch event. Prove me wrong.

this is like self-cutting, why eat literal garbage

The closest I've come to this was drinking a verification can after Halo Reach launched. Could its disappearance have something to do with how games' launch nowadays? Maybe marketers had something to do with it?

Your body, your choice I guess

Have you considered exercising? Or seeing a doctor?

How is that any different from spending our time on Holla Forums?
Sometimes you give your all and have to give up. Or become a wautist.

wtf is wrong with you?
when you got company you bust out the STEAKS and fried Sweet Potatoes and giant BBQed MUSHROOMS with a badass SALAD and banana smoothies.

Monster Hunter World is worse than that junk food. Just skip the game, you'll have a better time.

Those were the days

How can lettuce in a bowl be badass?

I see you Witch.

wew lad

it's a meme you dip it's not meant to be serious

Boy you better sit down for my hot slice of memm's about white bread toast. This shits caliente!

But just like junk food it is so good.

You ever tried to stop drinking coke for a month, then try it again? Tell me how your reaction
It's always amazing to witness how much the human body can adapt to even when you keep on mistreating it

junk food is much better

Man real talk a proper none american Dr.Pepper using the original recipe like once every other month is fantastic.

Coca Cola was always poison. How people can chug shit that tastes like blood and pennies i will never know. I would rather drink Faygo.

Hot Cheetos and 7up. I'm not a nigger.

I remember, OP.

I remember.

why deny yourself decadence?

What are you talking about?

You activated your almonds too soon. They werent yet bursting with alpha nutrients.

What?

Will try them some time I suppose.

It would take 10+ hours even for the ultimate autist speedrunner to complete let alone some random. It would be a death sentence.

It's amazing how even the current year idea of decadence is so feeble and gay. Men used to cover their heads with cloth while they ate so God wouldn't see their sins. You get a bag of corn starch.

We can go NICEer

I can only drink coke for a short period of time before my teeth and gums start to hurt. Its like I can feel it creating cavities in real time.

fatties drink the acid jew
thin fags drink water
the enlightened drink coffee

Dougie pls.

Last time I feasted for a game marathon, I lost feeling in my extremeties. I think it was diabeetus setting in. I eat healthier and work out now.

This is a marketing thread. Do not bump. Do not reply.

user it turned into this and this is why we stopped.

and the pope said "better shilling snacks than collusion between journalists and developers" AND WE DIDN'T LISTEN.

(((dewxp.com)))

Because it was never an either/or. The collusion has existed for a decade and a half, the snack shilling was just more cash on top.

Imagine slogging yourself through so many non-games that you get the thousand yard stare.

Yes. I pissed it out.

DAMN FINE

I can't even remember the last game I played that had a midnight launch.
They all seem to launch at some gay-ass time like 6pm nowadays. Probably because normalfags don't take days off work to game, so now everyone has to wait for half a day on them.
I miss the old times of shitposting into the early morning while inhaling a week's worth of calories to stay in top-shape.

You are like a little child.

Thread theme

That image still fills me with rage.

I'm not American so hype and marketing isn't ingrained in my fucking brain as a wee child.
I think I only saw this happen once with some 360 owners I knew taking the day off to play MW2 thanks to the whole marketing campaign and hype over a mediocre piece of shit that affected a shitton of countries.
These people barely knew Halo as well.

I said speedrunning, you couldn't finish skyrim 100% in one sitting unless you knew the game inside and out.

Today is my 28th birthday.
I'm visiting my parents and having tacos on Saturday

I remember when I could eat seemingly endless amounts of sugary shit and not become a fatass as a result, yes.

See a doctor and get off your fat hypochondriac ass and start exercising.

My 27th birthday is soon.
I'll do nothing except sleep for the whole thing

it's my birthday too
happy birthday to us user

I didn't even pointed at what to eat or drink. I simple said to have a good diet and to lift. Keep trying though.

This is normal. Has to do with the gut flora in your stomach. I think most people nowadays are depressed due to a shitty diet and thanks to processed foods that contain a lot of shit.
If I eat something that contains soy for example (a lot of dough based products and even candy even has say in it) I can get depressed for weeks, even though I'm not allergic to it in sense of getting weird spots or what have you.

It’s a thing called, “Children and teens have faster metabolism than adults.” I knew a guy who could eat shit into his twenties and maintain scarecrow mode. Granted, he was poor as fuck and probably scrimped and saved to buy shit whenever he had company over and starved in the meantime.

this thread made me hungry

Treat yourself once a day. Don't think about it just do it.

This user gets it.
All my mates and I prefer a classic Sunday roast with some soft drinks, beers and maybe a couple packs of chips.
Anyone that eats purely sweets and snacks is insane.

best be talking about minted lamb or turkey m8, take your pork to Holla Forums

Never. The most I've ever done is grab my game, come home, played it for 2 hours or so, and then went to bed before work the next day. Monster Hunter World is shit, by the way.

My nigga

(czech'd)
impale them all Vlad,spare no one

I'm an Aussie, so it's lamb and beef or you're homosexual.
Personally, beef with a plum glaze is top-tier.

Can't stand hot turkey, but love it cold.
Only meat I won't eat. Can't stand it. Also, pretty sure pork belongs on Holla Forums :^)

Not even this?

I don't remember the last time I did anything special for a game launch. I think I stood in line for Halo 3's release but that was just because some of my casual friends were there; I didn't have an Xbox and didn't play on consoles.
The only times we ever did "all nighter feasts" with a bunch of junk food was at LAN parties. Everybody would bring sodas and snacks and a bunch of other horrible shit and we'd play games from noon to noon the next day.

Nope. The taste is so bad, to me.
I will, however, on occasion, eat maple bacon, but that's not too big a thing in my country and I don't like handling pork, so it's very rare.

Why is he eating the cheap shitty version of those potato chips?

My best midnight launch was for Wrath of the Lich King. It was late in the year during the coldest winter on record. Rivers frozen solid, car pile ups every day. By the time i got to the mall 15 miles away the car door was semi frozen shut. We walked through a pitch black mall to a single lit up Gamestation and got a bunch of free stuff and warm food. Got home frozen and put in the install disks -yes wrath was that long ago- and cooked everyone a warm steak and root veggie stew and warmed up some crusty bread to enjoy before exploring a frozen new contintent in game.

Exansion was a bit too easy and kind of got long in the tooth but man that was a great midnight launch.

That sounds like a great experience. I would have loved to do something like that. I miss the days when you still had to go to a brick-and-mortar store to get your games, before services like Steam were ubiquitous.

portal 2 isn't outstanding but it was at least worth playing. i think goystop was only selling it because mortal kombat came out at the same time, though.

1.The picture is clearly post 2011
2.Probably Wrath of the Lich King with friends in a cramped little computer room.
At least 3 of us would have rigs set up.

You can still go to brick and mortar stores, user.
I'm going with mates tomorrow to pick up a random game or two for an evening of games.
Prices aren't too different. I'd rather spend an extra few dollars to get a physical and not be depositing money into something as faceless as Steam.

I've been to plenty that are good. Any game can have a midnight release, and the stores near me have them every week for games that they sell maybe 6 copies of.

having a disc helps compared to "YOU DONT OWN NOTHIN' GOYIM"

and i went to my local MH4U and the only things of note was an illegally cute indian girl dressed as a goth loli maid for reasons i dont understand and a pamperchu tier autist weaing an adult diaper over his trackies talking very loudly to himself playing 3U and describing his palicos farts.

There aren't many in my area. The few that are around are Gamestops, which focus almost entirely on console games and feel just as faceless as Steam does. I don't think I've shopped at once of those for myself in about seven years.

What kills me is that a lot of physical discs you buy are nothing more than a CD key that you use to register the game on a service like Steam, Uplay or Origin

This gen i have bought at least ten times more console than pc because i actually own that little switch cart of darkest dungeon but a steam version is never garaunteed to be there

The day i found a original on disc copy of bloodlines and stalker for £1 each i snapped those fuckers up.

Funny how these days he's sucking Kojimbo's small benis.

It's a sad state of affairs when consoles are more reliable than PC games in terms of actually owning your games.

It kills me how true this is.
Still musing the idea of making my own niche store. There's nothing similar in my area that sells comics/games/board games and I know for a fact that many people in the area will travel 1-2 hours to find stores that do sell those things.

Are you a kike or sandnigger?

Games are supposed to be enjoyd alone. That said MGSV is the only game in a decade I called in sick for to work the next day. The first day was great, the rest not so.

truly a Holla Forumsirgin

Always thought people who participated in these midnight launch events were disgusting consumer whores of the worst order.

Just don't like the taste, tbh. Pork crackle in particular makes my stomach turn.

A guy I knew in college tried to do this. It was primarily a tabletop gaming store but he also sold stuff like graphics cards. His business plan was not sufficiently focused and his market research was lacking. It folded within 2 years.
I'm not saying it's not doable, but you have to make sure you know the area you're opening the store in. Demographics research is extremely important. You have to be sure there are enough people in your targeted age range in your immediate area. Even then it's difficult for this sort of store because the comic and board game industries are struggling, and selling video games isn't easy when you have services like Steam and only-online games like DotA taking up so much of the market.

I live rural in a country with high disposable income and shitty internet connections.
As I said, people travel 1-2 hours to pick up video games, purely because internet speeds are so shit.

Chinese honey pork is the only acceptable pork.

I miss bro-tier prerelease events that weren't planned by marketeers.

I think all meat is gross without a dumptruck's worth of condiments.
Everyone says my tastebuds are broken but I'm pretty sure everyone else are a bunch of savages with shit taste.

hooktube.com/watch?v=uBk9lLFWGcI
Where did it all go so wrong anons…

So this is you?

It looks like a bukkake tried to drown a cow…

When life's got me down, I like to think of what the alternative is existing forever in some shitty afterlife with no video games and it really makes life seem so much better

stay mad caveman
:^)

no this is me

Show it's a screenshot from is really good if you ask me. Protagonist just likes his condiments a bit too much.