Mario Kart Wii will be turning 10 this april and Brawl near the end of this mont and its been nearly 4 years since the...

Mario Kart Wii will be turning 10 this april and Brawl near the end of this mont and its been nearly 4 years since the Nintendo WFC servers for the Wii and DS were shutdown and I am way more nostalgic than I should be over it. At least Wimmfi is still around, but thats just not the same.
Remember those assholes who kept picking Rainbow Road over and over? The fucking lag that plagued Brawl matches? Any memories from the only decent (free) online service from that generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiimmfi.de/game-history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was there even an online multiplayer game that was based on wagglan?
I didn't touch my wii much, I bought it for cheap on some stolen goods market but then there weren't many games. Played the fuck out of ping pong on wii sports resort though.

wii sports had that wii u remake that had online play.

>tfw switch's online will be a (((paid service)))

I remember more people picking Luigi's Raceway, couldn't understand why that track was so popular. But to to bring it back to RR, still had one of my best last second comebacks on that track

Only other distinctive memories I have:

The Last Story's online multiplayer was kinda interesting, shame the game didn't get more popular or have a local mode. Seemed like so much effort and selectable voice quotes for each playable character had been put in, only for no one to really play it.

I remember picking rainbow road over and over and winning each time.
also doubles

And this isn't even mentioning the fact Switch doesn't even have a smash game yet.

I had a moment similar to you Mario Kart memory, only it was offline and nearly costed me three stars in the Grand Prix. webm related
also one from smash

So, if Nintendo Network shuts down, would there be no Online trading/battling in X/Y/AS/OR/Sun/Moon/US/UM?

Considering Pokemon XY/ASOR/SM/USUM all have their databases online instead of matchmaking like the DS games? Yes. You'd only be able to do local

Only until someone figures out how to make a private server. One can hopeā€¦

I swear there was a gachi edit of that second one, but I'll never find it.

I remember some attempt to capture some of the wifi packets for the Wii and DS before those servers went down and got converted to be servers for mobileshit, if memory serves. I don't remember very many games total getting that treatment though, nor do I recall hearing if any way to utilize the data for unofficial online servers happened. Mainly just speaking about the prior shutdown though. Not sure how the 3DS/WiiU/Switch servers work.

I think you're talking about the Wiimmfi project. They're still active and have a decent number of games supported. wiimmfi.de/game-history

This is getting bad, mates.

>I fucked up and forgot to register my FC for Brawl I registered every other WFC game I owned including fucking Pokemon Battle Revolution. I could have sworn I saved Brawl.
Is there any way to just remove the PID from the game, or am I fucked? (Wii save editors exist right? Google just lists shared saves.)

WHERE ARE THE FLYING CARS?

Mate, we all collectively agreed no flying cars after 9/11

?
Nigga are you serious

no