Xenoverse 2

Even though FighterZ is the hot shit right now, it looks like Dimps just won't let Xenoverse 2 die. New DLC is Jiren, another fucking Android 17, and a kind of/sort of new character called Fu. There's also a free update that's gonna add customization of non-OCs and even new mechanics, which is fucking weird since you'd think they'd hold that over for the inevitable Xenoverse 3.

I'm playing Xenoverse 1 before 2, what race and stats should I use to cheese the main story and PQs?

Most characters have unused lines for certain specials they can't actually use.

Saiyan with the Super Vegeta/Super Vegeta 2 and Big Bang Kamehameha skills. Good luck grinding for that shit, though.

For XV1 Perfect Kamehameha is better for in-game stuff. You really do want to import Big Bang Kamehameha to XV2 though, as it's really great for killing raid bosses.

Dimps blew their load.

damn, guess this is my designated game for the week

they gonna add Ultra Instinct?

Yes please.

Fucking plebs.

Blue Hurricane if you can. In Xenoverse 1 the skill is borked to high heaven if it hasn been fixed since half a year ago

Did they ever fix stamina in this, or is it still where you only want like five bars in xenoverse 2.

This, you can used the blue hurricane skill to farm levels from the great ape missions.

stamina is good for z-vanish and some counters

Now that I think about it, maybe these extra DLC packs and updates mean plans for XV3 got nixed and they're trying to quickly get some of the content they planed for it into XV2. I hope we get a Raging Blast 3 next.

Blue Hurricane got nerfed hard in Xenoverse 2, it doesn't do damage per frame and instead does damage and hits at about 1/6th the rate.

Emperor's Death Beam, Justice Combination and the others were only nerfed slightly, EDB depletes ki twice as fast but does great damage, while Justice only has slightly nerfed damage. Anything that classifies as a zoner skill was nerfed and the whole game is about close combat in PVP 1v1, so never fight in 1v1 if you want to use more then 1/3rd of the moves in the game. The game fares far better as a 3v3 match game.

The matchmaking sucks balls on a busy day and the game expects you to grind or pay for more TP medals for the good moves at the tp medal shop. If you're gonna grind then stop at 300 TP medals for one ultimate or several supers per day or you'll go crazy.

The DLC tends to give overpowered shit that later gets nerfed, so the worst time to play is when a pack is released. I think it's intentional in order to get the dbz-nigga community to freak and buy loads.

I run a level 90 refrigerator with most of the moves, bought the first season pass, and you actually have to grind for the moves in those, and some of them (read the actual good ones that are game changers or are moves that are analogs to others that are race restricted or are really versitile because they have odd input variations for several actions like Zamasu's) are TP medal walled which is annoying as fuck.

I still like the game, but it's a love/hate relationship.

It might not be that, I think they're just riding the DLC gravy train, people are buying that shit up in some attempt to stay competitive or in my case because I actually like the new missions and characters

This is why they disabled mods. Because Jiren was made as a mod years ago.

In a similar vein to cheese user's question, while stuck on Bloodbornebox with no online (not paying for that shit, but I'm stuck since I was thoughtfully gifted a copy a while back that got backlogged) while I finish Xenoverse 1 before I pick up 2 for PC, how much should I lean on bringing in NPC helpers to do the PQs smoothly, and for how long til I can stand on my own for Z-rank? I'm starting to hit a wall with the Cell Saga missions having been painful- I don't like trio health sponges that like to do ki attacks from the sideline if I don't rotate who I'm slapping around often enough, nor super armored Perfect Cell laughing in the face of melee and beam attacks to kick my shit in- and the level 3 PQs (Vegeta & Trunks doubleteam, Saiyan Pride demanding insane damage/knockaround output to outpace x3 Kaioken Goku spamming Vegeta-melting ultimates) as to what feels reasonable to solo, with my progress outpacing actual stat gains. I'd bring along just a master NPC very occasionally, but it seems like the game expects a full goon squad if you aren't overleveled, and expects you to grind with said goonsquadding.

It might just be that I'm a hyperaggressive shitter who can't into Just Guard or a more sopisticated counter-gank strategy than disengaging from melee and dumping Giant Storm or Vacation Delete & hoping to get the whole pile, assuming I don't get socked out of startup or hit with a standard ki blast fumbling into neutral stick position. I haven't played a DBZ fighter in about a decade, so I definitely feel like a shitter. Playing an Earthling with sort of balanced stats, tactics are generally to angle for an opening to stunlock the enemy with fourish light attacks -> heavy knockup combo -> followup light-&-heavy -> Orin Combo to keep them off balance while building more ki than I spend, dashing light knockback combo into Double Sunday chaser, occasionally baiting enemies into charged Evil Explosion or bushwhacking occupied ones with it, if any of that description helps lay out what I'm doing right or wrong. Is there nuance I'm missing beside the deficiencies noted, or am I overthinking it and just need to grind?

Stuck on Xenoverse 1 and grinding to 99 and trying to get all of the best skills/op skills for Xenoverse 2. Which skills to recommend other than Big Bang Kamehameha?

Also, i think I might as well use a Xenoverse 1 trainer since the anti-cheat is non-existent and it will be easier to grind for everything before going over to Xenoverse 2.

>game has been out for over a year and the netcode is STILL unplayable dogshit
You're right, Dimps didn't let XV2 die, they fucking killed it themselves.

how am I supposed to do parallel quests if I can't find a team?

Play offline and just put Full Power Cell and SSB Goku on your team.

Piccolo with a certain outfit is pretty good and heals himself.

More like toriyama turned into kubo.

it says I need to be in a multi lobby to use the kame house. am I retarded? when I make it multi lobby it says I need a team. do I do the parallel quests somewhere other than kame house?

nvm, found where I needa go

Where does XV2 store save data? All Google can find is where cracked copies store it.