Space Thread:Twilight DiscoveryEdition

Welcome to another Space Thread Captains,Admirals and Emperors. So gather around and share your stories,exploits,challenges and goals

So please come in and share in this great space thread.

Question for the thread. What was the scariest you've ever been in a space game?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=5o_uF1L5l6o
youtube.com/watch?v=ovQKT2x3ikY
github.com/opentrack/opentrack/wiki/Smartphone-Headtracking
forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=21568.0
mega.nz/#!x1BRxD6A!onFumF9xjAJyCbh6LWs3iyL441rJ2hpQGsndcNkCWeU
forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/18375/gear-vr-slowly-rotates
reddit.com/r/PimaxVr/comments/5htmju/pimax_vr_yaw_drift_issue/
forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/21447/drifting-issues
forum.pimaxvr.com/t/drift-and-ghosting-problem-with-pimax-4k-and-steamvr/386
spacegamejunkie.com/miscellaneous/omg-klingon-academy-works-again/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bernie was the closest any Zeon pilot got to take down a Gundam, in a Zakuy no less.

Bernie was a real mvp

What was with Gundam's obsession with /cuteboys/ anyway?

It brings in the fushijo or whatever you call'em bucks

I suppose. It did somehow manage to make autism a superweapon at least.

The female audience saved Gundam in its early days, so the series always throws them some service.

Why is LOGH so gay?

I find that hard to believe.

I always meant to update that with an animated image but never got round to it

did they fix the engagement range and target priorities in stellaris with the new update?

JUST DO IT user

No Idea, But I heard they were limiting how much ships can be put in a stack

GR8!

You mean the most scared I've ever been?
The gas clouds in Freelancer, they put me in mind of the deep sea. Even worse with the mod that added actual cosmic sea monsters into some of them.

We are the culmination of human achievement!

Better not play Homeworld Cataclysm then.

Someone posted an article on /a/ a while ago, I can't find it again. Tomino said that the fanbase of the first series was mostly female and men only really started getting into Gundam when they released gunpla.

Already played it long ago, not as scary as see a giant thing slowly fly out of pitch-blackness and one-shot your ship.

I can believe that autism

Just play Distant Worlds Universe or Star Ruler 1.

I still will have a hard time believing it without proofs. However if it's true it will bring about a whole range of shitposting material.

Like when the ship that moves at an unnatural pace pops into the middle of your fleet and decides to eat one of your ships before flying off?

eh

Sieg Zeon.

It hurts. Although maybe something is on the way with terrain reworks being frozen for now.

I just got back into X3, and and I can't remember how the fucking auto-aim works. When it's set to semi, it gives you the sight to aim with, aim here to hit, but does anyone know what "ON" does? It blinks the sight, but it doesn't auto-aim anything, so what's the difference between SEMI and ON?

I can't find the answer to this anywhere, I can't find it in the manual, and everything I find online pretty much says just to turn it on.

pic related, it's blinking here, but when i shoot it's clearly not auto-aiming. i'm fine without actual auto-aim, I just want to know what the fuck the difference is.

nevermine i figured it out, you have to use boresight fire instead of click fire.

Star trek voyager elite force.

The ten year old me was a little bitch.

What's the best space game on PC for a controller? Recently moved and I don't have a desk so I'm forced to use a controller for most gaming otherwise I get horrible pain in my back and wrists

"We don't know how to fix our horrid fighting system that promotes doomstacking so we're just going to put a hardcap on stack sizes to patch the problem rather than addressing the fundamental game flaw underlying it"
And people thought Paradox was a good dev

The Stack Limit isn't intended to fix Doomstacking. The changes to war, combat, and FTL are what is supposed to fix Doomstacking. You can just get around stack limits by telling fleets to follow each other.

kek
its a good series even if the girls in the second game are kind of trash

Tell me anons, what makes a sci-fi game "comfy" in your opinion?
Some thoughts…
hooktube.com/watch?v=5o_uF1L5l6o

I really hated No Man's Sky to begin with but the last big update let me warp to systems from my freighter. That gives me some serious Trek TOS comfy feels.

Comfy tunes definitely.
youtube.com/watch?v=ovQKT2x3ikY

there has to be a point where you no longer have to do busy work
I refuse to believe that after I get to whatever super advanced tier in any sci-fi game that I can't just have some robots or AI do some of this god damend work for me

WELP!

YES

Pasting stuff from 4chans /tg/.

Xeno waifus for all, Lord Guileman has Spoken

As with commercial flights today, you have to have some sort of backup system if the autopilot ever fails or rebels. Whether that means another 3000 AI systems or a meatbag in a cockpit, or anything inbetween is up to you, and what you think will be the safest option.

Wew lad I'm pleasantly surprised that there won't be faction DLC jewing.

Good fleets being pretty small was my main gripe with the first game

Fuck you matt, robot gayman will never be my spiritual liege.

Im calling it now, they are gonna sell individual ships or faction favors for 5 bucks or osmething.

I'm more of a custodes and Lamenter type of guy myself but if Guile wants me to get a Eldar GF who am I to disobey.

Any kerbalfags on here? Had a lot of fun last night with a couple missions.

Game's really fun, if you like stuff exploding and failing miserably.

Go path xeno, get ork, tau, vespid, kroot, and genestealer. With my leftover 10pts i get the book of the saint, and purify slanesh. Crusade with my /d/-tier harem.

the first game was horribly balanced and the devs made all changes in massive hamfisted ways

I like KSP, though I don't play it enough. Here's my duna mishap story.
>land close to the SSTV pyramid, record what I hear

Nothing else.

An user of golden taste has appeared. Truly the new age is upon us.

I've just been dicking around with Orbiter. Havan too much fun to take screenshots, please understand. I leave it up to my fellow travelers.

How is current KSP?. KSP was my teenage years, played since 0.19 when I got my first computer, and top played game on steam but haven't loaded it up in a few years. I heard Squad got aquired by TakeTwo or something.

It will never get another update, so you’d better like mods. There’s one that changes the map to be an entire star cluster; seven star systems and almost 50 planets. Three guesses how that one will run on any machine, though.

About the last I recall was them adding female kerbins. I gave up when mods kept breaking.

Wow shes pure

Checked

the kraken is still alive and well but the game hasnt crashed for me for a year except when I ran out of RAM

I think I should at least have an autopilot so I can sleep

Did anyone ever fix that one mod that had precise struts? I just could not go on when that broke. That has to be the biggest time saver not having to eyeball that crap.

BEHOLD! I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TO HEADTRACKING!
I was trying to get facetracknoir going for X3 albion/TC, which was a massive pain in the ass, but I did finally get it working, but it lagged, and was all around shitty. I used to have a trackir years ago but I'm not dropping $150 on it again.

Anyway, this is the fucking answer
vid related.
github.com/opentrack/opentrack/wiki/Smartphone-Headtracking

Strap a fucking smartphone with gryo sensors onto your head. I just tried it, it's works better than TrackIR, and a million times better than face tracking with no overhead. The trick is getting it on your head, I don't have a solution for that yet, but I'm going to buy a headband or headset or something and some rubber bands tommorow and strap a phone on my head.

In that case just have the human-input-needed alarm rigged to a siren next to the bed.

Gonna try this shit with IL2. Thanks, user

when you download opentrack the apk for android is in the folder you installed it
{{instal_dir}}/doc/contrib/freepie-udp
took me a little bit to figure that out.

it works fine over wifi but adb wont do udp port forwarding (it will do tcp, but this is udp). that's going to require more work to get going. the solution i found to turn on usb tethering on the phone fucks your networking all up on windows if you don't want to actually pull your internet from the phone, it fucks up the existing networks and knocks you off the internet. i had to uninstall and re-install the wifi driver to get it working again after i tried it.

it might work over bluetooth but i haven't tried that yet. also you can turn the screen off to save battery it runs in the background.

this is trying to pump it over usb not wifi, this will not fuck up your wifi

For around $20 I made a DIY Infrared TrackIR I soldered and duck taped together.

Bit of configuration and fucking around but fun if you're into that type of thing. I made my setup with cardboard which I then duck tape to the side of my headphones. I think eventually I'll ask my mate to 3d print the brace for me.

you can make your own gryo's now too with SBC's, there's a couple of examples and projects on the opentrack wiki. I think the gyro idea is superior in all ways to tracking ir led's. there's no processing overhead, no issue of the led's going out of site of the camera, and it's far more accurate. the only downside is there's no translation so it isn't true 6DOF, but translation isn't a big thing to begin with, even in DCS it's minimal. With opentrack you can mix two types together, so you might be able to do both and get it more accurate and have translation.

making your own gyro with a sbc would be a fun project and considerably easier to strap to you head and much lighter weight, but short of that, the smartphone idea is genius, everyone has a botnet in their pocket. i'm suprised people aren't selling phone head mounts.

Why would you want that? The halo universe is derivative and uninspired and its fans are universally cancerous normies and snotnosed millenial brats who think the first thing they've read about is the greatest thing ever.
What we really want is a 4x version of LoGH or a ship simulator set during the Kzinti wars or B5. Maybe even one set in the Honorverse if they can just get rid of the terribly writen characters and lolbertarian politics, the universe, tech and tactics would fit perfectly.

I'd love a 60's clarke/heinlein/asimov-era game. Neutonian physics combined with nuclear everything and early cold war naval tactics makes my dick hard.

Play up the rocketpunk angle and maybe throw in some space nazi's or something and that could be pretty fucking sweet.

after hours of trial and error i have a way to get those going over usb cable. there's no easy way. usb tethering is supposed to work in theory, but then it requires cell internet to be active, and plays games with your internet connection on the host PC, you can configure away those games, but not the cell network requirement. this solution bypasses the requirement.

1) install all of the drivers, go to xda-developers, need networking drivers and adb drivers, install all of the available drivers for your phone.
2) install all the shit for adb, xda-developers pull a shell over adb to make sure it works.
3) with phone plugged in over usb, toggle usb tethering, it doesn't have to work, but it should be enough to trigger the device to show up in windows and install the networking driver that you already installed, but it should now show up under networking connections as another LAN connection. infact confirm it's off afterward. it should fail on it's own if cell data is blocked.
4) configure static networking on this new lan connection on the host, assign an ip address and netmask, ie
ip 192.168.105.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.105.1
5) pull up an adb shell on the phone, now it's time to manually configure the usb networking connection on android/linux.
6) find the networking device
ip link
find usbX, it should be the only one, this is the usb lan.
insert static ip data, for the purpose of this example, if you used the host info above this would work and assuming the device is usb0
ip link set dev usb0 upip addr add 192.168.105.2/24 dev usb0ip route add default via 192.168.105.1 dev usb0

that's it, the interface should have come up on the host as soon as you ran ip link set dev usb0 up. you can now run the freepie app and opentrack, and get the data over usb.

it seems like alot and it is but you only have to fuck off installing all the shit and configuring the host side once, and afterward it's only pull a shell and run 3 commands each time.

also this same type of manual ip method should work with bluetooth, slightly different instructions obviously to get bluetooth up and running. i didn't put much energy into that so I haven't tried it,

bluetooth has shitty bandwidth and the sensor data already lagged on congested wifi. part of the goal is also not to have wifi bluetooth and cell data all running at max power right next to your brain for long periods of time.

Go kill yourself

Honor Harrington is shit
Also, Halo as a universe is pretty OK.

Life is never fair

forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=21568.0
The game looks plenty translated to me. Dunno where to find it, though.

It's translation was only 35% completed before they stopped and no updates since then.

mega.nz/#!x1BRxD6A!onFumF9xjAJyCbh6LWs3iyL441rJ2hpQGsndcNkCWeU

Is EVE worth getting into?

I used to play it but my trial ran out, now I hear it's F2P. I remember it had good ambient/soothing music and a comfy atmosphere, but I hated the spreadsheet shit. It's definitely not what the trailer presents it to be.

Just wondering about the status of the game. Not gonna bother if it's dying or has a dwindling population.

Damn, RIP.

Honestly, EVE is pretty stale right now. There's a big war going on, but it's boring as shit, because it's goons and friends vs everyone else, but the goons are being kikes and not committing to anything. It's OK if you want to play some solo stuff, or do wormholes, but you'll probably need to sub to be good at wormholes.

I thought the goons got blown the fuck out a while back, what happened?

I'm interested in faction warfare, never cared much about fringe alliance drama shit.

I wish FW was the main aspect of the game instead of corporations, the reason I joined was to pick a faction who's ideology is closest to mine and kill my enemies who are obviously wrong and misguided. I was disappointed when it turned out it doesn't matter much what faction you start as, can use any ship and FW is just a "small" thing as opposed to alliance/corporation wars.

I want to kill Gallente SJWs and Minmatar savages.

none of that is going to happen without a sub at a minimum

fiction:
reality:

i know, i'll go huff gas in the wormhole! they'll never find me there!

I know, i'll just join a massive fleet in null-sec! there's strength in numbers!

Can't F2Ps use up to battleships?

sure but those will get raped by t2 ships too. it's just a more expensive loss.

all p2p in eve revolves around massively outnumbering your enemy and never fighting unless you do, which means fights revolve around hunting for people for hours trying to catch them off guard while pve'ing or mining with no protection, or getting ganked while doing the same.

massive fleet on fleet battles are cool when they happen but there's so many ships the graphics are really just background, you might as well be playing with a black screen and menu's. it truly is a spreadsheet simulator. it's fun until the novelty wears off and you realize your actually not flying anything.

The problem seems to be that you approach pvp in eve like some normal game.

Any lowsec area is liable to be home to pirates or some other group strong enough to keep the pirates out. You can't just ignore the social part of the game if you want to go there. Either make nice with the priates or whoever is occupying the place with enough force to keep the pirates out.
So the first thing you need to do before doing much of anything in a given lowsec area, is to get to know the groups there. Who the pirates who will hunt you are, who local miners are, who you are likely to run into while jumping around the asteroid belts, who are going to be hostile and who are potential allies.

Second problem is assuming you need no special preparations to do PvP well. I'm not sure what MMO's you've been playing where this isn't the case, but in most of them, PvP activity requires a lot of preparation and and practical experience for you to get any kind of success. EVE is no exception.
You can theoretically take a good frigate with a little cheap equipment as barely a weeks worth of skills and go bushwhack some dope in a freighter or a ship kitted for mining. In practice this will require you to have practice at the game, a good idea of what you are supposed to do with your frigate and knowing who to target.
So while it is possible to take on t2 cruisers in your starter frigate, that is the kind of shit highly experienced and skilled pvp'ers tend to get away with when dealing with less experienced players, not the kind of thing new players tend to get away with.
Alternately, get a bunch of your mates together and attack as a swarm. You will loose against coordinated groups of experienced players, but you can easily take down individual foes through sheer force of numbers.

Lastly, yes, when I was playing, 10 years ago, fleet drama and the painfully slow progression of the large battles was very much a thing.
One way to get more fighting is to start a mercenary/pirate corp and go pick fights in high sec space with various small to mid size mining corps there and then spending your days hunting down the carebears until they pay some massive bribe for you to end the way, then you just pick a new corp like that, rinse and repeat.

Pretty much this. Combat fucking sucks and it will never improve.

Playing Galactic Civ 2 as Arceans and keep getting wrecked by Drengins. Even when I start making medium ships with armor the corvette dominators managed to break through the defenses. And even with using the race with a naturally high soldering the Drengin have a higher soldering for some reason.

Why do the Advent in Sins of a Solar Empire keep going about their enemas being restless?

Some friends have gotten me into stellaris but I can't into military. Its just not in me

I mean, you can be a perfectly reasonable F1 monkey with an alpha account, just join Pandemic Horde, Waffles or E-Uni and you'll get plenty of fleet action, too bad hitting F1 when told to gets boring after a while, and the only thing to do during the downtime is jew.

This is where Sandy belongs.

i mostly play mod of Sins so i wouldnt know
one of the comfiets thing was playing star trek mod with my brother through lan

Funny, I always thought their drones were piloted by some kind of psyker savant and that's what they meant by "anima". Now I see that literally mean anima. But why would you build humanoid robots just to use as pilots? Why not just use piloting computers?
Nice example of a low quality post.

Have you been drinking user?

There is a reason why she is blushing in that pic, and it certainly has something to do with the anima getting restless :^)

I hate how overmoderated this board is. Barely a thread goes by without at least one post being deleted.

chemo takes its share of collateral
if it was up to me tbh Id run this place as meidos run /a/, with arbitrary hurdles to weed the shitters and the undesirables out

“Why won’t you goyim just think the way we tell you to think?!”

If I may be honest, sometimes I feel like there isn't enough moderation.

this is a blatant lie.
the only way your taking out a t2 cruiser in a starter frigate is if the person in the t2 starter frigate has the bare minimum skills to fly it, and equipped it with random rat drop junk and has no idea what he's doing.

highly experienced as in in-game experience and skilled as in good at purchasing large amounts of isk with real money.

the game has gotten far worse in 10 years

i don't want to shit on eve completely i got into it for a long time on and off since it came out, I never quit because of these issues, they can be considered part of the grind, I always end up quitting because of this:

PVE is nothing more than making sure you have a strong enough ship for what your doing, and pressing F1 until the rats go pop for hours, small scale pvp is more involved but takes hours and hours to find someone to gank, and large scale pvp is the same as pve, press F1 until target goes pop, next target, repeat, or even worse in the case of stations and player owned crap, press F1 and wait 4 hours for it to go pop.

That I will believe.

This.

EvE is a bad/boring/unfun game with pretty graphics.

WHO'S BEEN USING THE CHIEFTAIN TO REMOVE THE AYYYS?

messing with these sensors now there are some problems. sensor noise is one of them, but it's not bad and the software filters the shit out well, you'll notice it if you turn the filter way down (below default).

the biggest problem is the yaw sensor. maybe it's my phone, or some gyro's / compass's are better than others, or both, but what happens is you turn your head 30 degree's to the right, you'll get the 30 degree response, but then it'll drift 5 degrees left slowly until it settles on 25 (maybe it's right and i only moved my head 25 degrees), either the compass is fucking up, or it's using the accelerator or something to guess where it's going to be and adjusting with the compass as it catches up. the pitch and roll don't seem to have this problem (phone is mounted flat).

i tried calibrating the sensors with some app but it doesn't do shit for the z axis/yaw, i don't think there's a way to fix it, it's just the phone hardware and the phone's software mixing all the senors together to spit out an orientation. the solution is to filter slower movements with opentrack by bumping the sensitivity up, so the slower 5 degree backtrack is filtered out, as a consequence it's not as accurate with slower head movements, but it's worth the trade off. maybe if you could somehow strap the phone to your head vertically instead of flat on top, since pitch and roll don't seem to have this problem, but I don't know how the fuck you'd do that.

it makes me want to build one of these myself, and then get pissed off at the shitty chink gyro or compass i'm using.

EDTracker is $70, that's too damn expensive, and if you buy the DIY kit your going to have to solder 100 pins. there has to be an SBC with a gyro attached for less than that.

The fusion thing might also be an answer, combine the phone/gyro AND light tracking, but then there's the camera cpu overhead issue again if you don't have 8 cores.

I love you buddy jesus

Just bought a Extreme 3D Pro joystick. What are the best space games to use this with? Been playing Descent with the DX1 Rebirth source port all day and it's the most fun I've had in years.

TIE fighter
All the Elite games.

I haven't even bothered to install the beta since anything you do gets erased at the end of it. Also I don't own a Hotas so I don't even try to pvp. At this point I am regretting buying this grind simulator but still want to squeeze every last bit of juice I can out of it

bitch I killed a type 10 with just my decade old joystick. You don't NEED a hotas

holy shit this is a bigger problem then the smartphone, oculus, steam vr, samsung gear vr, and some pixmax thing, they all have yaw drift.
forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/18375/gear-vr-slowly-rotates
reddit.com/r/PimaxVr/comments/5htmju/pimax_vr_yaw_drift_issue/
forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/21447/drifting-issues
forum.pimaxvr.com/t/drift-and-ghosting-problem-with-pimax-4k-and-steamvr/386
free headtracking with the smartphone is great but i'd be pissed if i just dropped $500 and had this problem.

Actually a good portion of the pvp community prefers mouse/keyboard controls

Imkampfy aka nu-Holla Forums has hijacked Holla Forums.

The mods are compromised. If you say anything bad about Holla Forums you get banned for "rule 8" while in the meantime Holla Forums gets a free pass to shitpost all they want without any repercussion.

Holla Forumsshit outside GG thread has been a bannable offense for a while now, how the fuck do you expect Holla Forums meta shit being tolerated more than Holla Forums meta shit in here
if you see someone shitting up a thread with Holla Forums shit, like you are right now, report and move on

I've had an idea for a space MUD style game rattling around in my head to potentially work on after my current game project. Would anyone find this interesting?

Then why do shitposters from Holla Forums never get banned?

Holla Forums and Holla Forums are the same people

Basically if your post history is nothing but off-topic politics you'll get warned or banned, but if you just let everyone know you want to kill all niggers, but still mostly post about video games then it's cool.

I can't imagine most anons having a problem with this method

roleplaying NAZIs in any game is a good time

I'd love a good, hyper-realistic modempunk space MUD.

What games let me use big ships, or more specific, ship bigger than fighters/corvettes? Im tired of most space flight games just being fighters and perhaps small ships (Which overall are still controlled like your typical fighter craft). i want to be the commander (Or just a engineer) of battleships capable of destroying continents, or controlling a destroyer being part of a escort fleet and participate in epic battles.

Any games like this?

motherfucker you literally posted an image with the filename of a game just like that

Starpoint Gemini series, but it takes forever before you can use a ship worth a damn. There is also Rogue Galaxy, but that is boats in space. What is even worse is that the boats in space have less variety than boats in Man O'War, which is an actual boat game even if it is set in Warhammer.

I said space flight simulators, games where you personally or in part FLIGHT the ship.

flight simulators? I thought you said FIGHT simulators!

Can anyone tell me if Astroneer is worth getting?

No, the controls suck and theres not really anything to do. They made it more of a chore to even play the game than the first alpha. Survival sim games are a crap genre when they try to balance > fun.

That's a damn shame. I really liked the look and the KSP/Minecraft combined concept.

None that are in Kikestarter hell :^)
Infinity Battlescape supposedly is going to let you command warships

Well as long as you wont start stalking me on youtube or other social media sites (like blizzard) and ban me based on shitposts there, im ok with this.

I am the reason that game has a mod loader. I found an exploit that would load DLLs at the title screen and told the devteam I would only show them how it worked if they promised to add mod support.

user you are about to receive a thousand headpats.

doin gods work user

This is for you.

I funded that cuze I liked the combat prototype way back, I'm glad to see its still in the works

We need a sandbox game with playable space orcs

shame on you man, you could have shared a pirated copy with your own spyware or miner

it's funny because the pvp is played with kb/m. Once again and like always kb/m's dominates anything competitive. HOTAS is just for muh immershum

I think the HOTAS allows for better control of your ship's rotation and thrust which is crucial in battle, otherwise you are stuck with aiming and seeing only in the direction your thrusters are facing, which could not be as important in aeroplanes, but is not the best case for a spaceship that can just turn its thruster's off and still rotate and shoot in the opposite direction while maintaining its previous vector

*the direction your thrusters are pushing towards*

HOTASS in space games are for plebs. Yokes are where it's at :^).

also notice the screen is so large he has to mount his trackir behind him and point it backwards.

That's how they get you. Except there is no KSP aspect to it, and no real Minecraft aspect either. You can't "build" anything you want, you go out to collect materials to make more buildings in this dumb building mechanic. The space ships are just pre-fabs that just take you to other parts of the hum drum planet or other planets with less crap on it.

I think Evorion is a better game, as its a better Space Engineers in terms of gameplay, but with a bit shittier physics simulation. And here you can build your own ships and stations, just no real minecraft aspect to it.

The problems these games have is scale, they want to do big, which means procedural mumbo jumbo, but there isn't a good base to build off of. Space Engineers did well by trying to refine its core game concepts, but that all took a nose dive when instead of making problems to solve (an engineers job) they made big boring planets, which at least makes their vehicles useful.

Still holding out for a space or modern tech version of Dwarf Fortress with all that delicious lore generated but with twice the autism because now spaceflight.

I wish i had that kind of money.

you should give Empyrion a pirate famalam

lol hotas is shit for pvp aim. okay not really but seriously if you are good at keyboard and mouse then you'll be fine in pvp. the big issue with pvp is finding it and realizing that the pvp wings generally don't care about 1v1 shit so prepare your ass for meta de lance gang rape. it's more fun then it sounds.

Pvp is shit in Elite also Frontier makes slow as fuck updates and can't even fix problems that have been reported for months thanks to them taking the jew pill and putting the game on consoles.
Do you realize how little is coming during this whole year? their 2018 roadmap is short of being nothing.
Also I don like how there is literal zero ship and player personalization unless you pay super expensive DLC. I mean $4 for a fucking non premium paint job is overpriced as fuck . Want to put the ships name on it? That would be $3 please. People should avoid this cursed game.

that sucks, I keep thinking I'm missing something but not playing ED. I guess I'll just stick to X3.

I think religion in space is largely unexplored territory in games.

PvP is one of the few redeeming features of Elite, but hey maybe it's just not for you. 100% agree with the cosmetic store bullshit though. What kills me is that people even buy fucking ship name plates, no one fucking sees them, it's not like when I'm shooting some retard in a python I ever notice his nameplate as I run across his hull. But people buy stupid shit and in this day and age it's the least jewish storefront I've seen. That's as depressing as it sounds.
The most fun I have these days in elite is killing people in bigger ships and sniping retards on twitch. Having said all that, least they aren't selling 60$+ ships. Yet.

Well can't deny snipping streamers is great and best of all its completely valid. Unlike in other recent games.
Roleplaying as a pirate and mugging player ships is also fun when you caught a python or type 9/7 full of expensive cargo and no or weak shields, once melted a type 9 that had a 30 million rebuy plus the cargo lost. The guy was pissed as fuck.

I am excited yet disssapointed by the upcoming fleet carriers since i mostly play alone. Also disssapointed because it seems they will never make any effort to improve stealth. Which is really mostly limited to heat dissipation right now.

Posting some stuff from /stog/.

Been playing star traders frontiers and listening to the lofi chill beats youtube. Comfy as fuck. The devs are champions and they smash out an update every couple of days. Anyone else playing this? Anyone found it worthwhile to kit out your ship enough to be able to kill xenos?

This game sounds interesting user, Can you board ships and take them over?

No

Aww.

THE GORN COMMUNITY?

You can however spend loads of money buying keys for lockboxes and a 0.00001% of getting anything decent though :^)

Yes and definitely no.

Yes as in there are some story missions hwere you board a ship and kill folks inside (or like in few other missions, get boarded or fight boarders on another ship).
As for in regular space battles, you never board enemy ships, there is a bridge officer ability that launches boarding shuttles at the enemy ship, but you are not part of the action and the ability itself is rather useless.

I hate RNG boxes in games.

That seems like a lot of wasted of potential.

True, but now that i think about it, there's an awful lot of boarding in this game.

So while there is quite a lot of boarding actions going on in the story, you can never just pick a fight with a ship, board it and then change into inside ship view.

Haven't gone too deep, but already loving it. It's really nice to see some devs willing to go that deep with the lore, character interaction, and RPG elements in a genre where they usually just get brushed off. IMO it's a really good example of how in-depth crew management and branching character interactions can make a space game much deeper.

what he said and you can play just about the whole 70 or so missions with basic stuff

You should have seen the PvP scene before it was killed.

I loved the hell out of BFG:A, even with its flaws. Are there other games about simulating space battles between fleets? Not RTS, but just doing battles & creating big fleets.

I half-agree with the PVP, actually pulling off bullshit dickhead shit is fun, but the actual way you go about it in-game is dumb.

If EvE was a space-flight sim, without all the artificial time-wasting it would be a much better game. I just hate that I am basically clicking menus and empty points in space to pilot my ship.

Well, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock comes to mind, as well as the Gratuitous space battles.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0- 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0- 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0- 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-090

GodDAMNit

My problem with ED PvP is that you have to grind to take part in it due to Engineers. Grind to win is a huge failure for any PvP game.

You don't have to grind if you just gank defenseless faggots.

Yeah but that's not the same as having a proper battle.

A lot of pvp groups hold daily unengineered battles so they can upload their videos on reddit for likes. The issue is that you would have to come into contact with them and possibly join their player group, The only good pvp is organized pvp or else your stuck trying to kill wanted engineered ships in CGs. Also, learning to FA off is a big must.

You disgrace the hunt.

I wish I had someone to play Fractured Space with.

I prefer being a sneaknigger and blasting people with torpedoes and shit, real fucking shame that Elite doesn't have cloaking, or a sustainable stealth mechanic, and that the missiles and torpedoes are shit, because you can't carry any fucking ammo, and they do nothing to shields.

God damn, if they took at least some of the shit from EVE, they could've had such a better game. Dscan or a sonar pulse or some shit, to find miners in asteroid belts, ammo racks to carry extra missiles, cloaks, etc.

I enjoy the hunt, my guy, I love wandering the galaxy looking for guys to blap, but Elite just doesn't have the mechanics or content for that. You'll never find some guy exploring relic sites, you'll never be able to find a guy in an expensive combat ship, running a site, so you can decloak behind him and blap him with torpedoes and warp off. There's no way to find out if there are even other players anywhere in 20ly of you. I mean, they do have a null, low and highsec, but there's absolutely no incentive to be in the anarchy systems, the money's not better, the loot's not better.

God, I really can't get why Fdev struggles with this basic level shit, when CCP had it figured out twelve years ago, shame that EvE is so shit these days, too.

I wish someone actually played that game so I wouldn't have to wait twenty minutes for a match every time. It's not even a bad game, but it's a wonder they haven't shut it down yet.

It truly hurts that it never became popular. I think it's because the game requires actual teamwork, strategy and cooperation, something most people on Steam or who play Moba's in general just don't have. What killed it was going free to play. So many people think it's pay to win when in actuality they're just not competetant against veteran players.
It's definitely going to get shut down soon and I'm going to have a massive void in my heart.
Dreadnought is basically the same game, but utter shit. The ships are smaller and it's more of a pew pew shooter and less of a tactical experience. In Fractured Space you're literally flying capital ships. The longest one is like 2 and a half kilometers long. They're only like 100 meters in the former.
Why does everything good never work out?
Why is the space games genre doomed to have boring, trite garbage?

Like fuck me, one of the starter ships, Pioneer, is easily one of the best in the game right off the bat. You don't need to unlock anything to stand a chance against older players, just a grasp of the mechanics, reflexes and a brain.
Why.

fuck that shit.

That was my issue with Fractured Space. They reset the progress one time too many when it felt like there was no need.

Within being weak bitch, I only ever beat the first mission of Star Trek Invasion after numerous attempts. The game was just too hard for my kid self.

As for being a cowardly bitch, that'd be me hiding in a Xen's broom closet trying to gather courage.

You know the true problem with Early Access games? Devs make their money up front and they become conformist. Eventually they are scrambling to release the game without properly finishing it. KSP still lacks proper progression incentives. Unlocking the tech tree is the only thing to do.

Sheesh.

That shit right there. Nail on the fucking head.

Tts because it was early access, I played it.
On initial early access release you had to set your ship before the match so everyone could end up with a cluster fuck of ships that didn't balance or worse, someone would leave unbalancing the teams and nobody would join because that wasn't a feature yet, and the best part was with all these glaring problems they decided to release a free weekend.

The game was doomed from the start because the devs were always idiots.

Can you elaborate on that? I have an idea but I want to hear your thoughts.

HA, I found my review of it:

I played the game for free on the free 24 hour or whatever on 11/20/14
It’s fun but it has some pretty basic problems.

Ships are pretty much made in the fashion of rock paper scissors where some ships are better against others but weaker against others so you want a varied team. For instance I found the stealth ship Assassin was great for smashing snipers, the ranged support cannons, and useful for softening flagships, the tanky big ships, but I kept getting stomped by hunters which is fine because I like a challenge.

However you pick your ship before the match even begins so when you actually get into a match you may end up with teams full of flag ships or 4 assassins and a hunter, clearly it needs some sort of option to pick your ship during ready time so you don’t end up with a gimped team.

And people often leave when they are losing, which wouldn’t be so bad if there were some way to join an active game.
Also the game crashes a lot for some reason, some files not being found or something I don’t know.

It’s fun but I really would not recommend buying it right now, what with how unreliable some games are about early access.

What's there to say, my man? Once you've sold a small fortune in EA, every month of continued development shrinks that profit. You become desperate to release it, looking to consider it "finished" as soon as you can without backlash.

Yeah, you want to Engineer your ship. It's worth it, and it's fairly easy after you get the engineers unlocked initially. With upcoming changes to said grind it should be fairly easy for anyone to go from a rated to a rated engineered in a week or so of casual play. Between the material trader and constantly improving rolls and pick your 2ndary effects it's looking nice. But yeah it takes some effort and I can see some people just not wanting to put that time in. All I can say is it's allowed me to make an Orca passenger liner into a lethal combat/pirate ship. To me it's an 'endgame' grind to let me play with ships in rolls they aren't built for.

dats a female?
space travel when?
qt robots and xeno girlfriends when?

makes sense

No lad, that's a heresy.

How do I make Star Trek Klingon Academy work on windows 7? Is there any working version that i should have used? Wanted to replay the game, couldn't only find a multi-CD version of the full game, and although it install well, game crash at launch. Changed compatibility and gave administrators right, but nothing…What I do? Is even this game workable on modern settings?

There's a patch for it apparently to get it working. Ask /strek/, they put the full thing with patches on a vola quite a few times.

come on user just google "Star Trek Klingon Academy windows 7"
spacegamejunkie.com/miscellaneous/omg-klingon-academy-works-again/

"female gamers"

How insecure are you about your faggotry that you have to look for excuses to normalize it?

Hey I am just stating facts. Men are better at everything, even being women.

Men can’t bear children, faggot. There’s a reason the phrase “Can’t live with them, can’t live without them” was coined. Humanity can not survive as a species at this point in time without women. Unless you know a way to a fetus to gestate without a womb?

It can gestate in a shoebox.

This man is a genius.

THATS what that means!?

Ah, I see that you have watched your Monty Python. Touché.

I try

I'm glad you caught that

It's probably more about wanting to fuck women but not wanting to live with them, and you can't really have both. I think the more survivalist part wasn't a direct intention of the statement.

It exploited their own built in Unit Testing framework. They were actually really cool about it(Mu especially).

Actually come to think of it, all this discussion raises a good point. Wouldn't there be a potential sci-fi without the need for women due to artifical wombs/cloning so the female gender would be redundant since reproduction is taken care of and sexual needs would be taken care of with the equivalent of artificial waifus?

Was this part of your plan? Cause brace yourself for headpat overload

1/10

Sounds like pic related. Not a bad book, but a bit hum-drum as there is little action.

I would play Elite Force if I could get the custom resolution to work.

I believe there was an anime about that actually. The men and women both made artificial partners and could clone, so they made separate societies and after generations neither men nor women knew what the opposite sex was and considered them a different civilization. I forget the name though.

Nah, in the Left Hand of Darkness, that species just had the potential to switch between male or female depending on what gender a potential mate happened to be taking at that moment. It wasn't a sexually dimorphic species to begin with.

What is Saber Marionette?
also posting best saber. You can watch everything, but saber marionette J to X wasnt that good and can be ignored.

Vandread

Yeah that's the one.

This needs more discussion.

so, whatever happened to Zone, i haven't seen aything after the Ghostbusters one

Vandread only used it as an excuse to have a harem of girls surround the main characters while almost never showing any other male characters in the entire show.

Jewtube channel

checked

thanks, user, that's the best laugh I've had all day

The only space related about Saber Marionette is that there is a spaceship with a crazy AI that is in love with the only living girl and has her as a prisoner/lover in a cryostasis chamber

of course

SLAVERY

I've thought about this, it was in star trek too if I remember

also here is a culture of only dudes

FD shot themselves in the foot making ED a multiplayer game with no intention of shelling out the ressources and efforts needed to maintain a multiplayer game.

You can say that with anyone who designs multiplayer games these days, especially MMO's

Been playing Stellaris as authoritarian humans with a furfag servile species that works the mines and dies on the front lines for me. I haven't had this much fun in a long time.

They reset progress again? Oh for fuck's sake why did I even bother playing through the last reset? Those fuckers, the game isn't in beta anymore, you can't just make sweeping changes like that.

Sounds fine to me.

Could still be traded as a commodity, specially since you can't negate the natural urge to fuck girls, unless the future is a gay utopia

By the way anons I just want to point out that Aliens Colonial Marines is pretty damned good with the overhaul mod

So are there any upcoming Star Trek games that aren't phone trash or shitty mmo expansion? Or hell, any upcoming or recent big Star Trek mods?

Endless Space 2 soundtrack while I do my Systems & Controls HW. Surprisingly fitting. Might get the Vaulters DLC this weekend.

Remove Bajor.

I picture this coming up on that starport
what name to they give to this kind of music?

I refuse to believe this is a word

I don't think you spelled that right

geschiktheid is something like agility/mobility
the rest makes no sense to me

Its at 0:39
Apparently it translates to "unsuitability insurance" according to google translate

Ackshually, its:
t. not-even-a-kankerfag

REMOVE

>>>/zoo/

Which gundam series/movie is this from?

0083 stardust memory

vericherung is ensurance.

That's not german. That's danish.

It's dutch actually.

Less than 24 hours left, is it worth buying? I keep getting extremely divided reviews of it's either good or it's korean grindfest shit/space trucking sim.

It's good if you like korean grindfest shit/space trucking sims.

It's only good at that price. Don't think you will get anything worth more than $20.

Turkish pop.

Turkish cock

Hope you havent bought yet because the servers have been shitting themselves as of late, taking ages to load mission lists, confirming in - game transactions such as repairing your ship or buying ammo, and throwing you out of the game at least 2 or 3 times per hour, it literally kicks you to the main menu.

Fucking idiot devs had to make a perfectly normal game be an online garbage dump of garbage trucking.

checked for truth

how many season passes are they going to make?

As many as it takes to feed the development of every game Frontier makes apart from Elite Dangerous

what happened to the flat earth user?
also, is mandate user still alive?

I will forever be buttmad about only being able to launch one fighter even though I'm carrying a bunch all because the online bullshit I don't even play because I don't like redditors and no one else plays that shit game except for like 3 of you guys.

this is the most embarrassing thing i've ever seen. please gtfo weeb trash

just bought this game called Rodina
I like it but am retarded
plz help

such a shameful disregard for profitss

I actually just got back around to checking up on the Mandate after missing the deadline for backing it during the campaign way back. I'm glad I did, however, as by all accounts the studio working on it got liquidated and at least one of the artists didn't even get paid. What was this about somebody posting about it, though?

nah I don't think so

seems cool, but probably just a good base for a very empty early alpha type of thing

I fucking found it, awesome mix, wasted on pitbull, goddamn
so definitely just balkans style mix

its actually a re-purposed leftist meme that was used to push carbon tax and other shit on the first world and is now just fun times

Everspace.
It has a decent soundtrack.
Nothing really.

It's just a rogue-like indie game, but it does the combat and general scale of the sector vs ship speed well. In that respect I think it has that over X3, though X3 is more of a strategy game than it is for dogfighting.
I'm playing it with hopefully being able to play the best of both worlds some day.

On another note, I was getting a little bored of the game until I got to this level.

Also is there a space game that does exosphere to (lunar/mountainous) terrain space combat well? Elite: Dangerous has the space and planetary landings, but I recall everyone was too focused on accruing and preserving assets to play online or PVP.

X series lets you pilot capital ships- they have a class of ships called destroyers. I still had my fun strolling through an entire sector purging Xenon and Kha'aak, but it's way too slow paced to use regularly.

If I recall correctly any kind of dent on it takes millions of credits to repair too.

at least I can take comfort in shitposting

thats fucking retarded

SAVAGE

oh yeah, its been forever since I played X3

what's your home system?

Anytime you want a free delivery of 1 to 368 tons of gold, just ask and i'll try to find you. Tough you probably can't even collect more than 10 - 20 right now, just be sure to come with limpets

I haven't the foggiest.
I just now docked for the welcome commander mission.

I think he means the system which you've decided to set down roots in (fleet and modules stored there, faction relationships maxed, etc.). Since you've just started I seriously doubt you've picked any out, but if you're ever trying to decide on one I'd recommend Maikoro, It has a huge selection of ships (only missing Imperial ones), it's a single short jump away from a high tech system named Wodiwodi that has a huge selection of modules, and both are exploited by Li Yong-Rui, which means that ships and modules are all 15% off. Even if you don't settle down there, I recommend it to pretty much everyone as one of the most convenient spots to buy and outfit a ship.

Time out, what mod is this now?

Yes mostly the place you store all your stuff, or the one where you do your grind,

i just decided to base at a system where all services were available and that was really close to the entry point, so this hub is only 6ls away from the star, so i don't have to waste yet more seconds of my life staring at the void.

Is that even a game? Did the shill commit suicide?

There used to be a guy here who posted every once in a while about Mandate's developement.
He was a really swell guy and i miss him.

The old Holla Forumslancer mod. It's like a decade old now but it had some cool stuff, but there was a major system that was themed like an ocean and the ocean part beneath it had sea monsters. It was horrifying.

I've been using the "ships can't stop running into shit" strategy extensively in early game this time around. If your fucked, just get to an asteroid or cram yourself into some space in a nook of a station. You can't time accelerate to success with the asteroid, but they will have a much harder time hitting you, I think the AI does make some attempt to not go headlong into it. With the station though, you can time accelerate and there will be a 100% chance that whatever is trying to kill you will slam into the station. Some stations have some nice nooks where they can't land any hits either.

i'm aware that there's mods that handle this, but litcube changes the entire game, I want to get a decent playthrough again first, and apparantly the other mods that deal with this have performance penalties.

The "fix" is teleporting ships. I'd rather keep drunk drivers.

I'm fucking horny for X4. Just crossing my fingers they model some decent bodies + faces. Just decent. Please. And the pop-in. This isn't 1998. There is no reason for shit to pop-in.

after the x rebirth abortion my expectations are not high.

I've always had the suspicion that FD was going to make the game single player until they found out they didn't have enough money to finish the game properly and then inked something with Microsoft so they'd get cash under the table in exchange for MS getting a space game for the latest greatest XB. After all development was by all accounts going smoothly (unlike Scam Citizen) until they suddenly announced that it was going to be MP/always online, then they shoved it out the door really fast and adjusted things quickly so that controllerfag could play reasonably well. I'm sort of wondering why I never hear anyone ask the same questions about that one. It's a shame as Elite 2 and 3 beat the crap out of any given X game except possibly X3.

I will just wait for the mods that will turn the game into a harem anime just like in oblivion.

You making Catgirls in Space?

I really wanna make a empty sandbox mmo. Idk whether it should be an empty planet or empty space but I just love the idea of letting people make their own story around a system.

could be fun

So what Outerra plans to be?

I'm sure it does. I doubt it will work though. There's a reason I haven't tried it

i cant mod for shit, user.

Uh, user, really bad news, Frontier has you beat on the empty sandbox "MMO" front.

I need a space vidya with a great story to cleanse my brain.

Infinite Space

I mostly play X3 from the POV of managing a fleet, some weird idea of a company and economy. In general, it's unrealistically slow paced.

I recall Elite: Dangerous amounted to space trucker and space surveyor simulator (i.e people avoided combat because they wanted better ships, and dying incurred a cost). I am not sure if much has changed lately.

Classic case of a game that punishes you for playing it. Of course they punish you with wasted time, how else can they keep people playing that garbage?

I would much rather games stick to some kind of sensible story, some light-procedural content for exploration and fun gameplay than going full retard on any one gimmick.

Star Control Origins promises to be good, as in I hope, as in it won't nearly be as good, but whatever.

I don't really see anything else worth mentioning besides X:4 "Probably a disappointment, but please don't be"

dont forget about star citizen, user!

New thread coming soon

sorry I'm taking so long

NEW THREAD