RTS Thread - Ready for Age of Kangz?

Well we never figured out what panties were correct for RTS.
In other news:
AoE Remastered confirmed Windows 10 exclusive surprising absolutely no one.
DTA just got an update.
Some autist made a VR RTS game that nobody can be bothered to check out.
Whatever Petroglyph released turned out to be boring shit surprising no one and it as an admission that they've learned absolutely nothing from history have decided to approach EA in talks to make Empire at War II, good luck if that will ever fucking happen.

Other than that, time for the usual. RTS night when?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age
cncnet.org/dawn-of-the-tiberium-age
massgate.org/downloads.php
archive.is/j7ime
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
store.steampowered.com/app/720380/Ancestors_Legacy_Multiplayer_Open_Beta/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We playing DTA?
I'm out for a few hours but someone could just set up a room and post details ITT.

Might be up for DTA if we play it like EDF. Actually want to get those Ants missions cleared

How long until the inevitable Steam release with support for Windows 7/8.1? Keep in mind that AoE 1 is extremely popular in China and Vietnam and most people there still use Windows 7 according to the last Steam survey.
Microsoft is making AoE Remaster Win10 exclusive to promote their store, but I don't think they'll be successful.

Petroglyph belongs in the cuck shed

Aren't they Westwood guys? Fucking idiots

Aye.

I didn't even know petroglyph was still in buisness.

They are in business with Team 17

I thought it was clearly established?

I'm surprised Team 17 has lasted all these years. I thought they stopped being relevant sometime in the mid-2000's.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

It's even better when you discover that Petroglyph was made up of former Westwood employees who left Westwood after EA bought and raped them to death.
I wonder if they heard of the phrase that begins with "Fool me once…."

Yeah, I remember when Petroglyph was formed. That was the big selling point for the studio - "it's Westwood all over again, this time without EA!" Sad to see what's become of it; they just can't seem to make another IP with the weight that C&C had.

I saw a good post in the last bread about them not learning at all from their mistakes but also importantly not learning from their successes as well. Petroglyph just doesn't improve upon what was good about their previous titles and instead leaves it to stagnate or worse toss it out completely.
Casing points was the EaW and UaW titles; or the alamo engine in a nutshell. They never looked at the good aspects of the games and engine so failed to make improvements to them.

I hope this was a typo, user.

It was
I actually need my sleep, been shitposting 25hrs a day

Naughty anons that don't go to sleep get spanked then put to bed.

Fortunately I'm not The AVP2 gamenight hostfag

G
A
Y

M
A
L
A
Y

How's that iron harvest or whatever rts?

Considering it's being made for consoles and pc, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

source?
Please?

That's a pretty good point, yeah. They never iterated on past successes. The world is still waiting for a proper successor to RA2 (even just a spiritual successor) but we've yet to get it.

What the fuck

Someone should change it to "the african kAngdoms" tbh

Anyone still playing coh/bk? Still the best RTS

Haven't played it in some time.

Portuguese here. Good to see my country has memetic relevance.

I finished that a couple months ago.
It didn't seem that bad, just severely unpolished and maybe ""IMBALANCED AS ALL FUCK"" but otherwise pretty fun.
Got to play with a couple of friends for shits and giggles since we all enjoy assymetrical RTS.
The tripods were cool looking but strangely not that hard to take down. They make a big deal out of those, but they actually die easily.
I found it hilarious how bad the "High-Tech" faction had it. Maybe I played them wrong, but their troops seemed really, really weak and the infantry did jackshit unless you unlocked that suicide-jump thing.
I'm not even sure what they did wrong.
All I knows is that I felt something strange about the game, something I wasn't particulary liking. Then I tried Grey Goo and the same feeling was there. Like there's something missing, or inherently wrong with it.
Can't really tell you what though, I play RTS to make big bases, big blobs and then watch thousands of tiny things dying.

Any RTS-master want to explain what was wrong with those games to me?

We always had memetic value, we walk a fine line between banter and butthurt.
feels good knowing we barely have any muslims and terrorism here, if only we were in a better economic and political position

Also, have you played the best AoE clone yet?

I still play CoH Unmodded with a couple of friends a few times a month. We mainly do it to pubstomp and because we're whores for BoB though.

Not played it for a long while, been doing spearhead instead. I like how the coh2 engine does dynamic line of sight. How is it now, is it still as silly with certain stuff like it used to be? I remember never bothering to build things like stubby panzer 4s or 75mm shermans or cromwells because their HE never hit infantry, did less damage to things like halftracks than the AP, and even with AP they couldn't hurt their counterpart. Watching a stubby panzer 4 trying to kill a cromwell or 75mm sherman was just depressing.

Wew, never knew that existed.
Googled a video. That repeating "Sim Senhor" sent my sides on a crusade.
I kinda wish the country never gets more rich than what we currently are, least we get american entrepeneurs and investors come shit up the place.
Are there more of us in 8ch? I never found board for our country here.

Bom dia!

Hehehe

Bet we could go to Israel, shoot up the place and get away with it.

And then the Iberia breaks, with Portugal floating into the Atlantic ocean bringing back Galizia because we're stealing it too.
We'd become the new Atlantis, but with codfish instead of high technology.

I'm in. Shit, my family is from the Azores already…

Ah! The Atlantean Vanguard, charting the seas where the main city will travel!

Can someone give me a list of questions or something like this to determine, if I even like RTS games?
I know that I really don't like turn-based strategy, even though I played Heroes of Might and Magic. Only did it because I was a kid and it was available. I would have prefered a Total War: Might and Magic though.

Anyway, do it or don't. Nothing matters anyway.

I meant a survey. Couldn't think of the word.

Yeah, that and AoE3s "Caçador" will forever be engrained in my mind.
Too many

JÁ PASSA DO MEIO DIA CARALHO!

Seems like you need a vidya breakbut hey
If you like 3 of those you might enjoy RTS, start with something simple and entry tier friendly like Age of Empires 2 or C&C Generals
HoMM isn't a good entry tier franchisefor turn based, try CiV or Endless Space/Legend

Do you like to micro-manage?
Do you like seeing resources grow?

Hey, I started a thread about Endless legend here: and some user posted a link to a really good guide.
Give it a pirate and try it out, it's great and might change how you see 4X games.
RTS are all about:
Keeping a couple units around the map, keeping an eye on the minimap and knowing more than your oponent knows about the battlefield
In Age of Empires for isntance, infantry consumes meat + gold while archers consume wood + gold. Knowing how to strike a good balance is key and knowing when to drop resrouces on infractstructure to get more resources instead of more units is also important
Depends on the game. But most RTS will have units that have advantages against others (spearman rape horses, horses buttfuck archers and archers slay sowrdsman that kill spearman really nice).
Usually you have to pay attention to the formation and have the right units atacking the right enemy to maximize effectivness
Which is fucking shit and I wish modern RTS let me automatize this process or gave some A.I to the units. The german machine gun is firing at you, why don't fuck don't you run into cover, it's 2 meters away from you FUCKING FUCK.
At the very least, if you don't want to be competitive, you can just play against bots on skirmishes and make massive blobs of enemys, then atack-move them onto the enemy base and watch a massacre that rivals the holocaust in spectale.
Don't worry with people insulting your blob-armies, blobbing is a lot of fun.

>Decide to give Age of Empires II HD a try
The actual fuck? Was the AOEII AI always this cheaty?

I'm actually an American of Portuguese descent and Bom Dia is about the extent of my Portuguse Goddamn it Dad, why didn't you learn our language and pass it on to me?!

I'm neutral about it. Depends what that means. I don't like micromangement.

Yeah, I like Grand Strategy.

Yeah.

Not really. That isn't the only reason why I don't play Dota anymore, but all those patches that constantly change everything where you have to relearn the game don't sit well with me.

Bitch please. I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s.

But I don't like turn based games.

No.
Yes.

I remember that name. Whenever I got depressed over the last three years and didn't have any Let's Plays to watch I would search for games like that.
I watched them, but nothing really sticked with me.

I know, bruh. I played them. I played Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2. I even watched Day9 daily for some time to get better.

Me too. I recently (one year ago, but every day is the same for me) replayed Popolous and it had better mechanics to make micro easier on you, than many strategy games.
You could just literally have the Population tab open and play by only selecting your warriors from there. No need at all to select your units manually or some shit.

DosBOX version? I've been playing 1 & 2 recently in DosBOX and I've been having a blast.

No, I meant 3 of course.
Best feeling there is.

It becomes something special when the AI is playing as the goths.

Your grandpa was probably too busy beating his ass honestly

hue

I like that they even stole the Nabisco logo.

They made the ai harder in HD

Yeah I still do some BK every once in a while. I agree that it's still the best RTS and I'm pretty fucking sad Relic shit the bed so hard.
I never did competitive play or anything but I used to watch the Frontline Fatalities videos on YouTube at my old job. Shit was comfy.

Actually you've got it backwards, the AI in the original game would in fact cheat but in HD they are simply much more competent. There are numerous tactics they just can't counter though, generally if you survive their first buildup and onslaught or attack early you can have them on the back foot the rest of the game.

If anyone's up for it, i'm gonna be idling on the DTA lobby with a game room and wait for anyone that wants to play. There is a new update (1.169b) that just came out minutes ago with no log about what was changed on ModDB so if you don't have it, download it.

Room's name is Vidyagames with pass infv

Thanks for the games for the one dude who joined. We may play again tomorrow at around the same time.

I kind of missed this cause I was drunk
I need to organise my time better so I get to play some RTS more.

We can play tomorrow if you want, i can't right now due to time restraints and weekday problems, but we can certainly get a party going down at around 19-20:00 8ch post time, assuming it doesn't depend on the system that's reading it to display the timer.

How worthwhile are the AoEII HD expansions? My understanding is that the Forgotten is pretty good, but Kangdoms and the other one look unremarkable. I think one of them added siege towers but they were buggy as shit kek

The problem is they don't work against people who use houses as walls

Siege towers were added with the Kangdoms expansion and are completely shit. They are a super expensive siege unit that deals no damage and is completely useless for anything that isn't transporting infantry or archers over walls. The main problems of it is that

A regular ram with like 4 infantries as opposed to a Siege Tower with 10 infantries is x10 times the value in military power in how itll actually kill the wall AND whatever's behind it as long as you protect it with archers.

Use UTC user.

I thought we used IST round here?

Figures Ask your sister to spank you again for being too lazy to look it up on saucenao

What does Windows 10 exclusive even mean?
Only via the Windows 10 store?
Because I deleted it when I upgraded…
And yes it was a huge retarded mistake to upgrade from Windows 7, now my PC is running on malware

Clearly TGT is the superior timezone.

I think it means it's tied into their new API or something.

Locked to their OS, API and Store plus their own DRM.

br is not portuguese my friend

That's how dumb you sound

Nice dubs

now to the point portuguese and spanish are much more alike than Canadians and Muricans we share a lot of history (even tho we later went different ways) and if it wasn´t because of the fact that Spain got ruled by two of the most retarded dinasties in Europe (the Austrias and The Bourbons) we would be one country

Spotted the Comie Saramago -fag.

what's DTA?

moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age
cncnet.org/dawn-of-the-tiberium-age
Here you go. :^)

I never could start playing 2D C&C, can't make myself do it. I did have a lot of fun with Shockwave and RotS mods for Generals, though the latter is probably not developed anymore.

I could swear original TS didn't have them. Naval units are rare in general, unless the game scale is a bit bigger, otherwise they're too situational.
I always liked how snow settled on your units standing still and buildings in Earth 2150. I don't think there's any other game with this effect.

Alright, does anyone want to play DTA? I'm gonna be idling at the lobby with a game up.
Room's Vidyagames, pass is infv

Battlefleet Gothic Armada good? It looks like a fusion of Total War's naval battles and Empire at War's space battles. I'm guessing its nothing like Homeworld.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

why would be interessed in portugal or any contry that speak portuguese for the matter

Yeah, it's alright
Devs are just retarded
Just wait for the sequel, it's looking pretty content packed and they're promising to be less retarded this time so it's nice to know they're aware.

He needs to start learning, he should start with the Pelourinho and hang around that part of history for a long while.

How so? I read the game is overpriced because of GW jewry and the DLC is essential because of the base game lacking content but nothing about the devs being retarded.

Portugese are smelly fish eating half breed brazilians and probably communists too galicia not çalicioa or whatever they call it ok
*eats a fried calamari sandwich*

The balance is all over the place and most of the game modes on the campaign battles are retarded (kill this ship hidding behind the entire fleet or move one of your ships to a spot behind the enemy fleet before the time ends, but you have just enough time to do the objectives and you have to ignore the enemy fleet destroying you), so you have a really great game if you're into captain tactics, spoiled with bullshit tactics and unfun campaign

the HD ai is pretty good and doesn't cheat
best you can do is build walls and hope you can come close to having as good of an economy as he does
in a 1v1 you might be in trouble, but in a 2v2 you should be able to sustain creating more onagers to deal with the ai swarm
alternatively just play huns and spam troops until you overwhelm him. it's the only time i've managed to beat the ai in a 1v1
speaking of which, anyone wanna play aoe2HD?

I'll play if you buy the game for me :^)

i have bills to pay so no
shit goes as low as 75% during sales though, that's only worth like a few slices of pizza

Well in other news I managed to get World in Conflict server working in Few Player Mode. After going through everything turns out autobalance was crashing the server.
I'll leave serb up for about 8hrs in case anyone is interested:
Serb Name: Infinite Treehouse
PW: treenigger

i am on right now, waiting for fags

What games have the best simulated economies

It's true

Joining, glad I never uninstall this game

Stock exchange

Offworld Trading Company i.e. all the economies are shit and you just get lucky over random bullshit

yes two of us, waiting for morefags

Not sure you will get that many more with about 6 gorillion gamenights going on. I might show up later but I am pretty sleepy and need food.

Yeah I just saw from my serb client. Your side or did the serb fuck up for both of you?

i think i am on the server still

My side
What the fuck

is it the fucked windows update thing that you need to delete in order to play problem?

Weird. Isn't on canal map at all?
massgate.org/downloads.php

Surely that can't be it, I didn't update since the last time I played.

No, it's Mauer
I'll try again and redownload the custom maps if I crash again.
It gave me the warning before I got in

Could also be DirectX10/11 mode. iirc any mode other than DirectX9 was notoriously unstable.

Graphic options don't give me an option to change API though.

still waiting for morefags, two fags on atm

Try again tomorrow lad
I'll go play Xonotic
Haven't touched that since I got back from Burgerland.

Or we could 1v1

sure i mean w/e we could 1v1 for a while but i am not very good, lol

what year is it?

Just checked, I don't have the map
Might be it

i think you meant to post pic related. Also it's 2009, obviously.

Get in faggot, let's try one last time

i am on

i got company of heroes 2 for free a while back. never played a strategy game. it is worth a try?

It's an okay introduction to the genre but not having certain DLCs will make you want to cry in real life.

why?

You will feel the lack of content that other people have.

i dont plan on playing it online

wew

Restarting serb for 1vs1
Apparently FPM fucks things up and requires a full game to start.

3 nigs in serb but can only set it to play freely if I make it not FPM which isn't fun with low player counts.
It will be 1vs1, I'm taking a break. Unless more anons show up of course then I might put it back to 2vs2.
Serb should remain up for a couple of hours or so.

2vs2 please, finally finished shit I had to do

wew everyone just left though and I am shutting down serb for the night.

Fuck

At least you aren't pissmeister
Anyway time to upload some screenshots and sleep after I installed Red Alert, An Ass Beyond

May have a few in .bmp to convert somewhere.

shit anons, Iron Harvest Devs are planning to Kikestart. Place your bets that Iron Harvest Dies or It will be fun
source: their facebook group

Sad, the game had a great concept.

Wheres the archive?

its not an article, just a facebook Post. I just screen cap it

Though if you want, i'll link the Survey

Didn't they have a Kikestarter before?
Also
How does anyone have faith in this project?

dead thread yet?
i'm still waiting for someone as bad as me to play aoe2 with

We literally had a WiC night yesterday. Not dying anytime soon.

it's dead to me

Are you just wanting things to get spooky?

We can play aoe2 if you have the OG AoC+TFE mod.

nope, only the steam one without any patches
not worth bothering to fix it just for a game

Pirate OG AoE+AoC then. Steam's HD version is shit even with the new FE expansion because of shitty alpha version that has monks still teleporting through seas.

i don't want to bother fam
one of the two is already installed and working without any further work, i don't feel like installing a game twice just to get more people to play with

Then why bother to say something's dead if you can't even put a single ounce of effort to fix it?
The only one who's dead here is you.

For the sake of interest, what were the most memorable missions or scenarios you played in RTS games?

Total Annihilation:Kingdoms had one mission where you basically take over a ragtag bunch of farmers and peasants who are upset that their local lord allied himself with the bad guy, storm a small fort, and take control of the trebuchet contained within.

You spend the rest of the mission shooting the main base of the enemy to pieces (trebuchets in that game can shoot over half the map and then some) while you have to defend the siege weapon with your trash-tier units and some proper soldiers you pick up on the way.

Helms Deep, Undead and seeing all the units you build up on the Mordor is too tier.
too bad the kikes at EA capped both games to 30 FPS

sick fuck, that's a little boy

No, it's me and I'm getting spanked by my mom/GF.

No, that's you in a few moments.

I doubt many of the good employees made the jump from Westwood to Petroglyph instead of outright quitting. The best games they make are just okay, doing some things well while having heaps of terrible decisions/mechanics.

Below average ground battles with good space battles.

Neat concept but absolute shit balancing, the Hierarchy (the factions with the walkers) is hyped up being the best and most powerful faction when it's just the opposite. The tripod walkers which are suppose to be the faction's siege engines, unit factory and basically their base replacement have paper armour. You "need" the damage they bring to fights but if you lose one you've lost so many resources and upgrades (they're build into slots in the walkers).
Petroglyph in their retardation decided to release UaW on 360 as well so they used GFWL for their PC version. As you know GFWL is absolute cancer and turned many people off it before a purchase. Microsoft also has a bullshit patching system for games that use GFWL so you are only allowed 2-3 patches across the games entire lifetime, not to mention the absurd and drawn out verification process for each patch. (I remember reading a post from Relic saying DoW2 patches took more than a month to get verified).

A shitty XBLA/board game they released.

Previously called "Rise of Immortals".
This is the consolidation of bad decisions for Petroglyph and shows me that the people making the decisions are beyond fucking retarded. It's of course a MOBA, it's fucking shit, P2W (a common feature in Petroglyph's F2P games) and the only time it had players was during the 2011 Steam Summer sale when you could get coal/free games by getting an achievement in it. They also released a shit board game based on the universe called "Heroes of Graxia" which, of course, sold like shit because it was shit.

I haven't played it but recently got it dirt cheap in a bundle from Fanatical (bundlestars). It has mixed rating on Steam with owners ranging from 6-12k. Mind you this was released before the flood of games unto Steam so for indie games it was easier to get sales even if a game was shit (less choice) so even after 8 years it hasn't even broken the median sales of ~32k it must be bad.

After the failure of Guardians of Graxia they decided to revamp it. It failed of course and the servers were shut down 7 months later.

A shitty phone game with in-app purchases.

I wanted this game to be good but it wasn't. 15 missions in the campaign (5 per race, with around 3 of those missions being "tutorials" for that specific race). The balance was shit on release, goo was basically unstoppable with an early rush and took a few weeks for it to be fixed (ayylmaos were defenseless while the humans needed to waste resources building 2 turrets ASAP just to avoid insta-dying). All the units felt too disposable being made from paper mache except for your "ultimate" units. The population cap also felt far too restricting. No unit felt good when using it, not even the ultimates, everything is lacking weight and proper feedback. 5 months after release they added a single player DLC with 3 new missions (previous owners got it for free), it added the first hero unit, he isn't that good nor can he be healed. I will note a year after release they added a 4th race for free so that's something.

Unreleased because it was so shit during testing.
Originally it was designed to be a paid game, then changed to a F2P MMORTS game. During alpha testing it was full of grind and P2W microtransactions. If they removed both of those and went with a paid traditional RTS game like originally planned it could have been half decent. Overwhelmingly the feedback from the alpha was negative so they decided to turn it into a MOBA (gotta have that LoL audience). Eventually they sold the game to Trion Worlds who tried to fix it but the game was so terrible they just stopped development all together.

Surely with the players loving the previous F2P P2W MMORTS Petroglyph worked on they decided to make another. Using your perks takes in-game currency, buying new battalions needs in-game currency which you can run out and be fucked. Leveling up your battalions takes so long even a korean MMO autist would drop because the grind is too much. But don't fear, get out your credit card and pay for the stacking bonuses (three x2 bonus for max of x8 for all three) and you get XP and in-game currency at 8 times the rate of a filthy free player. It's on Steam with 1-4 people playing it concurrently on the weekend.

And don't worry they removed the PvE content so you'll either be faced up against a die hard autist that still plays or not find anyone at all.

They are soulless RTS games that attempt to recreate the magic of old RTS games with voxel graphics. It obviously fails and plays like an empty budget RTS lacking content.

Of course it's early access, every one of Petroglyph's games have been in permanent early access, at least they are being honest about it now. It seems more like a Warzone 2100 than a C&C game. You design the units (like WZ 2100) but since there are no races and only one base template so everything looks basically the same minus a different colour and minor trimmings on the model. No tech tree, instead of having tech buildings or upgrades you choose your upgrades outside the match. Since there's no tech buildings you build barracks into light vehicle factory into heavy vehicle factory and you got your top tier units and super weapon unlocked.

Basically every decision made by a Petroglyph leader has been fucking retarded.

defending tenochtitlan was probably the most memorable one for me

HE was revamped across the board. In fact HE 75 mm shermans are one of the most cost effective units.

I am a Portuguese man that sexually identifies as a horse mackarel and i say this man is a liar and a history revisionist,we here treat our minorities with the utmost respect and compassion.
Listen here nigger,i see you bringing any more attention to this and i'll have 3 pot bellied hairy fisherman sodomize you in ways you didn't think possible.We already have enough to BS to deal with.

Soon enough you'll have human shit to worry about

It was not just that the units would appear snowy - the game had a full-fledged weather system where snow or rain would reduce visibility and the speed of your ground units, strong winds would cripple the movement of your air units, and freak lightning or meteor storms could seriously harm your units. Not to speak of terrain deformation (which hilariously ended up with your builder unit immobilizing itself some 50% of all times) and the tunnel system.

Too bad nobody ever played with these effects on because competetive Earth 2150 was putting the rally flag in the rough direction of your enemy and shitting out as many units as possible.

Agreed. The entire game just felt counter-intuitive, as if you had tought an AI to design a video game but never told it that said video game was supposed to be played by humans.

Huh only had one screenshot saved here.

I think that E2150 was too clumsy in general for any kind of competitive play… I doubt people would make anything but some tanks with certain guns and would rather have it all predefined anyway. There were mods to balance the game, but a mod can't save the game.

the one time i actually manage to play the game right

I am still amazed to this day the amount of people who will play a game and jump immediately into MP without having played a single skirmish match.

Is that from the WiC gamenight?

although I'm usually playing by LAN with other people who have never played before

No, we played WiC during gamenight.

Yeh, I read the rest of the thread after.

Nomad in AoE2 is ridiculously fun. So much crazy shit can happen.

how do i git gud at micro
just had a 1v1 as italians vs britons
brits got 5 relics, and just spammed longbowmen+halberdiers all game long
for the most part i was able to handle the longbowmen with light cavalry/hussars, but by late game it's impossible to keep up with them
at this point i had managed to pierce through the walls of his base multiple times, but even that place is stockpiled with longbowmen and it takes forever to do any kind of damage to it. meanwhile he's steamrolling through my defences with a few trebuches and killing whatever defenders i can send with the longbowmen
by the end of the game i had managed to take over his old base, but all my other resources had been destroyed, while he still had a legion of longbowmen and halbderdiers, that i simply couldn't handle anymore.

This is actually false, look up New Christians.

There's a reason we barely have any jews here and that our corrupt money grubbing politicians want them back.

looking for more like this

Like ants.

Yeah we're fucking onto you. This isn't the first time you faggots have been caught out doing this. Stop deleting legit posts thinking we won't notice. Seriously anons should have a look through posts in this thread and look at what the replies were to. Does it even remotely look like the posts that were deleted were breaking the rules?

Yeah that's a trend I've noticed. Someone has a series of legit posts then makes one little shitpost, someone gets triggered, cries to mod, mod deletes their entire post history without thinking.
Frankly I am getting a little tired of this shit.
If memory serves me right some good posts got deleted in this thread breakdowning what went wrong with Battlefleet Gothic, Economic RTS games, and a few decent Age of Empires posts. None of these deserved to get deleted and I am getting very suspicious of mods myself cause I saw the same shit happen to the C&C thread where a load of posts were deleted unnecessarily cause someone made just one shitpost.

I'm not certain it's an intentional policy but yes, mods need to be much more careful with delete by IP.

Watch these posts get deleted for not talking about videogames.

Considering how that kike and his crew operates everything else will get deleted in this thread and these posts will stay. Because godfuckingforbid we are allowed to talk about vidya on vidya games board.

Have you led Novorossiya to its rightful glory and genocided the not as efficient peasants of the world yet?

Empire Earth's AI is the worst case of cheating AI I've ever seen. See those villagers it sends about collecting resources? They're just for show. The AI doesn't even use the resources it collects, it doesn't need them. The only limitations it has are time and the difficulty setting which determines how hard it tries to kill you.
Don't feel bad, user.
Empire Earth II is better anyway.

Empires Earth AI is just not fun to fight against period. I+II cheat so much that it sucks all the enjoyment out of playing and III's AI doesn't cheat but is laughably easy to beat.

II also cheats but isn't nearly as bad as I. It's actually beatable without cheating or cheesing, for starters. Never played III since I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

fite me u cunt

I got into the AoE DE beta

You have Windows 10? That's a paddlin

Boxxy should be spanked for your shit taste.

Without Core Contingency, is Core a viable faction in multiplayer?

You know when I first glanced at that I thought it was a spaceman spraying his pee.

Sounds like something only Arm vermin would do.

It's mixed, really. If you get early rushed, you lose as CORE, but if you don't, you wreck ARM in the midgame until they get mass bombers and stealth fighters. Krogoth usually doesn't come into play until the ultra-late game because if you rush it, you cripple yourself economically too hard to really make it count.
However, if the map has some heavy focus on naval play, the situation is reversed with ARM taking the lead in the midgame with subs killers and frigates meanwhile CORE has it great in the early and late game with destroyers, cheap subs and laser battleships.

I don't think CORE gets much of anything from CC so they're probably more viable without it. They were always good on some maps, but less in general. You can sometimes do cheesy things like Weasel rush or bomber first, but if you get Flash/Peewee'd you'll just die, so usually you're stuck on the defense. Most of ARM's strengths are lost on water maps and CORE has better navy anyway.

FPS/RTS hybrid did get me thinking. There does seem to be a lot of RTS/FPS hybrids coming out lately.

is there some kind of list of things to do in order to beat aoe's ai?
1: build 2 houses and farm, first 7 villagers on sheep
2: next 4 villagers on wood
3: next 4 villagers on berries
4: send sheep villagers to lure/hunt boar
5: next 3 villagers on gold
6: feudal
7: next 3 villagers on stone
build market+blacksmith
build 2-3 towers to defend from enemy archer rush
8: castle
9: ???
10: get swarmed by the enemy because he has twice my economy, and even in the best case scenario he just converts my onagers
i always end up getting swamped during castle/imperial
if i can't beat the AI, i sure as fuck can't do anything in multiplayer unless it's a team match
for the record i've only been playing as slavs for the last few games

Players don't cheat.

neither does the AI
his economy advantage happens gradually, and in replays he doesn't magically get resources out of nowhere

I will never forget the Russian or German campaigns from EE1

they are made up of some of the people who were in westwood but not all of them as there's also some still in EA and the actual talent fucked off to somewhere else

I'm so sick of the current roster of 1 or three infantry, one or two light vehicle, one heavy vehicle, one or two air vehicles and some "epic unit" RTS games have nowerdays. only one game got real multilayered gameplay right and that's metal fatigue

AI can get more resources than you can simply because of its insane micro ability, but as you said, hampering its ability to get resources can pay off. Your best bet is rushing it early with archers or scouts and defending with your own towers instead of fast-castling. If you see the AI building archery range first always, go with scouts, they counter archers PLUS you can raid with them faster, but be mindful of the Food investment in them. If the AI counters with its own scouts, use the inexpensive pikemen to defend key areas as they can easily kill 2-3 scouts on their own without much issue as long as they don't get focused down. Skirmishers also work as anti-archers but you probably don't want to use them for the cost and buildtime early game and instead use Towers against archers. If everything is going too fast at all fronts, use control groups for snapping to everything important or lower the game speed.

Scouting is essential. So is how you build your starting area regardless of how open or closed it is. Act like the AI is a dumbass and try to block as much access to your base as you can to try and funnel it into a killzone by leaving direct access areas open, houses are great for this so don't be dissing everyone else for Huns. I've seen fags beat 1v3 Hardest AIs simply by a well-executed early rush that boxed one of them in with archers before transitioning into knights and later with siege ram support with some clever townhall defense.

At some point more unit variety becomes meaningless, as meta assigns certain roles and there are some meta role units and units that don't fit those roles for various reasons (typically being non-optimal).

There was an RTS that I played not too long ago but completely forgot about because it was that forgettable that had loads of redundant units that there was only half a dozen units ever worth producing.

wut
Ok I might be slow, but what fucking timeline we're in?
THE ONE WERE IT'S A W10 EXCLUSIVE HAAA

Be careful, the last user that made a joke like that an hero'd himself.

why

It's been a while, but I think the EE1 AI players regularly kill off villagers to make it look like they are fighting among each other as well. Go into a FFA match with multiple AIs sometime and take a good look at the statistics at the end.

Was he playing as the Franks?

Be careful what you wish for user.

I hope is akin to TA & FA and less like SupCom 2

It's neither of those things

Out of curiosity, has user ever used petards to some effect? Closest thing I can think of is quick wallbusters, but even then, it just seems horribly inefficient.

At least demo ships can be used to nuke stacked naval forces (if they get close enough).

Same thing for Karambit warriors. Having zerglings with a gold cost just seems wasteful.

Every single one of you deserves to die

Only if you can get past our pillboxes faggot.

Anyone tried putting in mods?

I hope you like F2P Mobileshit
archive.is/j7ime

Will do, but only if you tell me that's real, Velma is my waifu.

It isn't real.
And your waifu is shit.

Of course we like F2P mobileshit, that's where the market is going obviously and the fans of RTS will clearly be lining up to pay shekels for this game! :^)

Fug

Goddammit

Fuck me harder. RTS is a PC-only genre.

What's the joke here?

Something a certain faggot will never live down.

Please tell me there's a video of this!

Yes

So… blue attacked white with stealth? But got stopped by a pillbox?

Damn it.

Yes while white had the entire north of his base open and could have easily lost if blue wasn't retarded.

That's 3 pillboxes and a turret. I feel robbed. But no that was a miserably handled attack.

I've been playing some DoW 1 now for the first time and I was excited after realizing there's 3 expansions for it but then I found out only the main game and winter assault have proper campaigns while the other two have just some half-assed map-painter mode as a "campaign". What a shame because I really like this game and DoW 2 seems pretty disappointing.

Is there any custom campaigns for this or anything a noob should know?

fuck you play it first before you be a nigger about it

We are the spehss mahrens! WE ARE THE EMPRA'S FUREH!

Seriously, play DC's campaign, pick a faction and do the stronghold missions. They're pretty fun and I always love playing as Sisters in Soulstorm.

I've already played Dark Crusade campaign for a bit as Necron and will continue playing it. It's still a shame it doesn't have a proper campaign. The turn based map-painter part is a fucking joke but some of the individual maps are fine I guess. I've wrecked the Imperial Guard and Chaos HQs already so I know some of the maps aren't standard skirmishes.

I think you're stupid, because it does. It's just missions are played though the campaign map. Fucking newfags.

Necrons were OP, but in general map painter is fun. I'd love to see this 'global conquer' mode better realized in RTS games as an alternative to traditional campaigns, but game developers hate putting effort into things.
Soulstorm shit it up though.

The Dark Crusade campaign is actually pretty good and well thought out. All those archive tabs actually integrate into the game's story, an example would be one of the archives refers to a guy going around calling himself a Commissar and killing Tau. In the IG campaign that guy is a Commissar you can recruit.

It's much more thought out that Soulstorm which was literally just slapped together in the laziest way possible.

I think that besides campaigns of DC and SS, only Universe at War and C&C 3 Kane's Wrath have something like that.

Yeah, the necrons feel really powerful but I wasn't 100% sure whether it was just because of all the honor guards that made it so easy or if the race was imbalanced. I wouldn't mind a proper global conquest mode if it wasn't this half-assed. Kind of reminds me of Battlefront 2 galactic conquest mode which was just a nice little extra feature. Still I'd prefer a more traditional campaign like in the first game.

you can not censor the truth. YOU CAN NOT SILENCE THE VOICES OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. people deserve to know that the corruption is real. TRUTH IS JUSTICE. mark and his biased and corrupt abusive moderatorship should step down and hand the board off to responsible people who do not abuse power and censor people. they are playing with the ability to ban people like a game for their own enjoyment.
save this before it's taken down. they don't want you to find out what is going on
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
http s :/ / me d ia . 8 c h .n e t/ fi le _ s to re / c5f8 7bc a63 f40 686 ea336 8c 1fa 79 b5b 73 2d b3d 3d a1fa3 22c b75 54 fb 88e0 9618c .png

Yeh Dark Crusade's campaign is overrated as shit, it becomes quite repetitive. Soulstorm's is even worse.

Empire at War and Cossacks 2.

Rise of Nations did a good rendition of it, with some spice to mission variety. Problem is it didn't happen nearly enough.

Well everything about it is kind of great, even if its too easy or if it quickly makes you overpowered. Honour Guard + War Gear is fantastic. Something like that could really make Warcraft 3 or Command and Conquer really interesting.

Empire Earth III has it, Rise of Legends has it. Rise of Nations as well.

I wonder if he was the one that came up with the Nu-Rebel Bombers for the Cuck wars movie?

amber?

God that is a good theme.

Is there any other RTS besides Rise of Nations and Axis & Aliies which has a world map feature? I am looking for more games that is set between WW2 and the Cold War for that. I tried the RoN game with the World War 2 mod but it doesn't seem to run well with the conquer the world game mode since it crashes when I try to start a spy mission or attack worst korea.

Do you anons read each other posts?

Forgive my interruption, my vision has been augmented.

TripleA is a FOSS version of Axis & Allies: not what you asked for but I'll shill it wherever.

Anyone got any good tips for Supreme Commander:FA? Especially for Aeons

Anyone here playing Warlords Battlecry 3?
Not the fanpatch.
I can't find any guides for the races in this game.

My neger. There is a fanpatch? Didn't know about that.

Is this screen from a demo or something like that? I don't recall the UCS having a snowy area for a main base in any of the three games.

Steam comes with it, unfortunately.
I refunded and bought it off GOG after I found out because they gimped summoning amongst a myriad of other things.
When I play a game I want to play what the developers intended, not some faggot who thinks he knows better and throws a hissy-fit on a forum when people shit talk his "improved" game.
I started as Daemons (Archmage) but I'm trying out the Wood Elves (Druid).

I want to make a home and grow old with Chitanda.

Earth 2150: Escape from Blue Planet, base game. I think that climate in your main base slowly changes (winter goes away) and you might've forgot that.

fuck me that's gay

Yes it does that when you are doing the missions, at least that was the case for The Moon Project.

Game is fun.

It's no different to what Beamdog do tbh
I must admit I think I prefer the Orcs to the Wood Elves since I'm mostly just defending while upgrading units as WElfs whereas with the Orcs I recruit some Orcs and fuck shit up until I get Wolf-Riders and a horde of Orcs assembled.

It is.
I'm quite enjoying it.
Wood Elf Druid is pretty funny because the Sprites you summon are
super good with all the Wood Elf archery upgrades.

Reality Pump sure did love to just throw in a lot of ideas in their games.

They are the Just Politely Correct My Shit Up guys, right?

And then came Earth 2160.

I remember now. The fact that the entire campaign basically was one giant timed mission was rather off-putting at first, but it's manageable. Especially if you play as the ED and get those sweet UFOs from Area 51.

I like making a massive group of those ridey-shooty elves and kiting for days. Some people talked about the game competitively before.

Eh, 2160 had some ideas too, but fuck me all games in Earth series suffer from feature bloat and imbalance, however fun they are.

Fun ideas such as hilariously imbalanced Alien ships?

My main campaign strategy was to make a Daemon healer and use the flying demons as my initial troops to deal huge amounts of damage to the enemy early in the game. If they get injured I can heal them, and most ground units can't touch flying units.

Does anyone play Starcraft/Starcraft2 here?
If anyone does, how do I get better in this game? Tried build orders, strategys, etc.
Should I just keep playing to increase my APM?

Bom dia
Portuguese fluent here

bom dia,
vamos admitir, português é uma língua muito bonita de falar

kangz get out

Verdade, bomdiabomdia.

Depends a lot on what you're currently doing and what faction you play with.
You don't need that much APM unless you're going against pros, and even then it depends on what you're doing.
If you're Protoss and micro-ing your Archons like mad, shit's not gonna be really fun, for instance.

If you're just learning for now, stick to Terrain since they are the easier ones to use and learn.
You need to learn how to balance a good economy with army building, make sure that you have roughly 2 workers per crystal cluster nearby and 2 guys going into the Refinery, for one.
However, as soon as you're earning a good amount of Minerals, be sure to pick a single worker and make Barracks so you can produce a small force to defend yourself.

There's a lot of "burden of knowledge" to the units in the game that you need to know about so you know how to counter or use effectively and there's also other concepts like what a trade is to understand if you want to get serious.
But to start, you can pretty much stick with Marines, get the Stimpak upgrade and keep a few Medics\Medivacs nearby them. Then bring Goliaths for siegeing buildings and maybe a few Wraiths for harassment.

Ghosts can help you if you can micro them to drop a few nukes, but you gotta learn what detects invisible units to avoid screwing yourself.

You could have units in a queue be automatically added to a control group to keep things tidy, so your Ctrl+1 was Infantry, Ctrl+2 was main vehicles, Ctrl+3 was siege and Ctrl+4 was airborne units.
Once you were done setting it up, you could just use 1,2,3,4 to command a self-replenishing army on the front.

The buildings and how they worked was nice as well since there was a lot of customization but still quite easy to use. Except for the tube faction because that shit simply did not work at all in the cramped maps you often had.

Tech being a tree you research overtime, especially with the resource sliders that let you decide how much you spend in it was great, no "tech buildings" burdening you down.

However it had a fuck ton of shortcomings.
Infantry was retarded, you could easily end up spending all your budget on units that were night useless against vehicles.
To make it worse, there was an idea to get pilots out of vehicles so you could put experienced troops in and make them better, but everyone died too fast to justify bothering to keep them alive when they were outside vehicles.
Resources were too fucking short, you could easily run out of resources in your own base before you were finished building it up. For a game with flow economy, not having infinite resource nodes was fucking weird.
The aliens were a goddam chore to use effectively due to how they divided and their pathfinding.
And once you figured out the use of each alien, they weren't really that complex.

Fortunnaly, there's an overhaul on ModDB that supposely changes the game entirely but I haven't tried it yet.

AAAAAAAA fuck it I'm downloading it from GoG

how good is that shit? I think I bought it from GoG some eons ago and never got to play it

It can be fun and it's certainly full of some neat gameplay mechanics, but it can get quite frustrating very fast depending on how you play.

For instance, there's several different types of damage, one being electrical that can actually disable vehicles and another being psychic that kills the drivers instead.
You can in theory kill the drivers and then put your own infantry inside the empty vehicles.

However, refer to for some of it's shortcomings.

FOR FUCKS SAKE

how the fuck can somebody screw up this badly?

You and the rest of Holla Forums let the board be run by a nintendoddler overweight kike. What the fuck did you expect, consistency? Do you ever fucking learn what happens when jews run something?

Fucking hell, and I though the serial activation by phone was the worst part, lel.
Aren't you playing it in English or something? Pirate the right version.

Oh lord, that reminds me of the campaign cutscenes and the hilariously bad lip-sync they had. I mean, you don't expect something found in a Hollywood movie for that, but half the time the character's mouths would keep moving in cyka blyat while the English or German sentence they were supposed to say had already finished.

Kind of a pity, really - the German VAs weren't half-bad. IIRC they actually employed the guy who normally dubs Bruce Willis for German cinemas to speak Major Falkner.

Dare say which is the right version (+crack). GoG fucks up.

dont be a fag and play it on the original language, btw did NEP update or they will release the tools for earth2160 modding? or a leasts the 3d meshes so I can render them to my custom yr mod

The LC girls are not for lewding.
Haha, who the fuck am I kidding

God, I really miss pre-rendered 3d graphics turned into sprites. AoE is aesthetic as fuck.

No, NEP didn't update. And by "localisation files" I meant "english descriptions".

Yeah I know, and that playing the mod in that state kinda sucks, also that NEP didn't update sucks as well.

LC girls are crazed dikes who are canonically into using spankings to discipline their troops

Anyone try Ancestors Legacy yet?

wat dis

The Hatred Devs RTS game, didn't try it myself but they left an open Beta on (((Steam)))
store.steampowered.com/app/720380/Ancestors_Legacy_Multiplayer_Open_Beta/

early medieval company of heroes so far

Seems a lot of mixed opinions. Mainly bitching about balance and matchmaking.

pls let aoe4 be good

Don't get your hopes high

Sure user, its going to be great
Even if its going to be only playable on windows 10
Its going to have a Moba-lite mode and 3 extremely fun and balanced nations, the other nations are all DLC because they take a significant time to make and that costs a lot. THere fore you have to pay for each team that all look the same except for a few cosmetic differences.
DRM is par the course and denovo is needed to protect the developers sales and stop those damn thieves who drain trillions from their profits although tbf, if you're using Windows 10 you probably wouldn't give a shit about this anyway
Its also going to be always online multiplayer and no single player or campaign, say good bye to those noxious LAN parties and boring storylines, THe real future is competitive play and esports

The shitshow that will unfold will be glorious.

Slavs
Anglos
Vikings
Germans

"Streamlined resource management and basebuilding" and "Native gamepad support" arent exactly the most ideal things to read.

resources is literally CoH with extra steps and basebuilding is done by just ordering building to happen (everything's preset)
eh, there's more nuance in unit control, so maybe you'll find this justified

I never really liked CoH to begin with to be honest. I'll have a look anyway though, it is free after all.

Currently i'm more considering getting AoE: The Age Of Kangs n Sheit. Is it worth my shekels?

Age of Kangz has performance issues somefuckinghow but worth it unless you already got the games on disc.

Anyone else here actually a fan of Age of Empires 3? It's my favorite game in the series.

You can't say that kind of thing without providing evidence, user.

It might work if the mobile element is a metagame tied into but unrelated to the PC RTS meat of the game, like a factional grand strategy map-painting game about production and supply line management between battlefields. I'm expecting the worst though.

their officers flirt with you through their campaign in 2150

Play through 2150 and even 2160 LC where there is references to ass floggings

That's chiefly because you are one of the very few males in a society that is 99% female.

The only saucy parts I remember from 2150 is that the ED used captured LC girls as "entertainment" in their officer's mess, and that finishing the UCS campign of TMP saw the player character rewarded with the house of the enemy LC commander and the LC commander herself.

AoE 2 HD does have an active community, if they only play 1v1 on Arabia all the time.

Earth 2160 dials up the lewd up a bit if I recall with LC campaign. I think that it involves a Shota science nerd surrounded by sexually oppressed Aras