THINGS WILL GET WORSE

I know you think vidya is shit right now. And it is, don't get me wrong.
But you should know that soon you will look back on these times with some fondness.
Gaming is going to get worse, and soon these will seem like the good old days.
Think of something you only kind-of enjoy about gaming today, and realise it's going to be thought of wistfully, if only, in years to come.
Things like navigating via mini-map because devs forgot to give actual in-game directions and make games playable without casual crutches. Soon, there will be no mini-map. You will not be allowed to leave the story-telling corridor, with every objective and minor secret lit in bright neon lighting.
And why would you stray? The Department of Narrative, hand-picked by the Diversity and Multicultural Enrichment Center, is creating rich stories of oppressed people for you to empathise with by telling you exactly what to feel.

how is the game any fun when you already know how to powergame and cheese like a fag? You made it, you know all the secrets and tricks. I would hope any way.

There are good games out there guys you just have to look around. Stop looking at what other faggots are playing and try to find some thing that fits what you want.

git gud at navigation faggot. There are games that make you navigate with landmarks and a topographical map. I turn OFF shit like floating markers, it's so gay and video gamey. Yeh I know it's a video game but they are getting to look so realish that I want to further it. If it makes sense to have a HUD I keep it.

STOP. PLAYING. MAJOR. STUDIOS.
STOP. PLAYING. INDIE.

stick with small time studios with actual backing to begin with. Those are the passionate ones who aren't worried about short term PR in order to sell unfinished products.

Great Thread OP

Things always get worse before they get even more worse

Checked.

There's plenty of honest devs who don't get involved in politics, even if you claim they don't exist.

It depends on the genre. If the game relies a lot on dexterity it's gonna be challenging even if you know what you're supposed to do. This includes almost all arcade games. Some mechanical interactions only really become apparent when playing and a lot of complexity is emergent from. You might think you know how your strategy game works but then you lose to some absurd cheese you never thought of.
I did enjoy a few newer games recently. Thea: The Awakening for example.

never thought of it that way. I have only seen the player side, find the best way to win and then just do that. Granted I enjoy trying things the hard way.

This, OP is a faggot

No matter how shit the larger industry gets, there will always be companies and fans making games for the more dedicated and niche audiences. Companies will always attempt new ways to jew the customer but a smart consumer will know where to spend their money or where to find good products.

Instead of being a defeatist faggot, make a recommendation thread or a thread pointing out all the corrupt shit to stay away from.

OP is right. But is right, too. Fact is that games are still marketed at children, even with all the 30-somethings in the commercials. Kids toys have always been shallow shoddy crap because kids never know any better. So, avoid the AAA cinematic corridor shooters and migrate towards genres that will never appeal to children. As you approach, and then surpass your 30's, you have less time to play games so it shouldn't matter to you that good games are outnumbered by crap. There is also the fact that good games are more infinitely replayable. Of course, I am talking about games like Dwarf Fortress, Aurora, non-Paradox gsg's like the AGEod series, roguelikes such as ADOM, Angband, Elona+, and plenty of older cRPGs from the late 80's to mid-90's that most people haven't touched. Now is the time to sell your playstation, develop a productive non-gaming hobby, and play a little Wizardry or something each night to unwind. Let babies spend 60 dollars a pop on their bottles.

I end up playing quite a few new games every year I really enjoy, maybe stop being a faggot and get some taste OP

But if he did that, you wouldn't have ever replied. It's more fun and relatable to complain about things you don't like them to praise things you do like. Here's a fun drinking game: take a swig for every thread on the front page you see that's competing about something, like an aspect of a game or something in the industry.

Despite SJW shit the industry right now is actually better than a decade before.
Much more variety and many more AA companies with more quality releases.
PUBG, an unfinished game made by a couple of autists did what Call of Duty took ages to accomplish and what Destiny never could.

The industry is doing great right now if you are a mongoloid who enjoys console shooters and open-world "experiences." But it's a stretch to say this industry creates more variety when every single-player games is an Uncharted clone and every multiplayer game refuses to stray from the market research and try something that hasn't been done to death. With all the genres from the 2000's that are now dead and buried, how can you say there is more variety unless you don't understand the definition of variety?

Not even worth checking

Nah. Gaming is going to get better.
Fuck pessimism, we had a great year last year and this year will be even better
10 year cycle is over, we can see a new age in vidya rise again

does that chart really say that CoD 1 sold only 10 thousand copies?

i have one of 10 thousand copies that exist in the whole world sitting on my shelf right now?

A shitty gaffe and not much more
CoD sold around 1 Mil at launch.

That will come because I've been enjoying the fuck out of emulating N64 games I never got to play as a kid. There's so many nifty little games that went mostly forgotten on it.
The most recent release I enjoyed was probably rain world, and that was mainly because I love games with somewhat believable ecosystems (complete with terrifying predators). The gameplay itself was alright, had a few tricks to it.

It's already happening, we get underage faggots talking about the first dark age of console gaming (360/wii/ps3) as if it somehow was good daily.

You should check the Resistance thread.
Chock full of that kind of cancer that one.

The G4 thread had some fags reminiscing that the 00s were a good decade.

I can't wait in a couple of years when we get fags reminiscing that trash like Spore or Splinter Cell Conviction is genuinely good. Shit we've already got cancer backpedaling on garbage from this decade, like a week ago when some capcucks decided DmC was "underrated".

You have zero evidence of this.

The early 2000's weren't bad. From what I've seen the consensus is typically that things started to go to shit around '05 and became irredeemably shit around '07.

I completely agree with .
Vidya shows/magazines and the such were always irredemeable shit though.

There was a time when gaming magazines were run by people who played games and actually enjoyed them. They cared about the industry and gave honest reviews, and they called out bullshit when they saw it.
That stopped happening around the 2004-2005 era. Huge game publishers like Activision and EA started placing increasing pressure on magazines and review sites to give favorable reviews. EA actually tried to get the author of these reviews fired. He kept his job but was told if he ever did something like that again, he would be let go - so the next time he was given a Sims 2 Stuff review, he wrote the review in the second image. EA then blacklisted him.
In that sort of environment it's impossible to run an honest review magazine or website. Publishers will cut you out and deny you access to their products or interviews with their development teams. Worse, other less scrupulous review sites will gladly take the marketing dollars in exchange for positive reviews, meaning they're growing while the honest guys are struggling to get by. All of the decent places have died out and all that's left are shitty clickbait sites that parrot the opinions of the people who pay them.

Games will not get worse. The games anyone here with a modicum of taste, the games they grew up with were games.

Current year vidya are toys

great thread OP

what a shame

sad bois like you belong on a cross, go back to cuckchan.

My sides.

Kill yourself. There is zero evidence anything will get any better.

OP stop

10/10 Game Review of the Year

ok, guess you should just kill yourself since there are no good games coming out ever again. that's the logical decision right, with all the evidence behind it?

It's a good review In the fucking 70s when anything resembling the internet wasn't a thing.

The Sims 2 came out in 2004, you fucking 12 year old.

Reported.

You're mentally defective, you DLC-sucking mong.

Are you fucking literate.

Yes yes the sims 2 came out in 2004, good job. You know a release date.

do you have any evidence to back that claim?

Daily reminder that the cuckchan Holla Forums leak a week ago was literally all about games using Wi-Fi to map your home and generate in game ads baser on that. Modern gaming is dead.

The claim you made up? No, I have no evidence to back up your strawman.

oh, so you have no argument then.
reported.
i really get tired of the abundance of lazy assholes like you as of lately that use one liners to pretend to have the high ground while posting absolutely nothing of substance It's okay though because deep down, you and I both know you're wasting your time here and that makes me smug