Best F2P MMORPG

What's currently the best F2P MMORPG?

I'm a poor college student who has more time than money

I played MapleStory back in 07-08 and loved it then, buy apparently it's gotten much worse over the years

I'd like something with a decent community moreso than great gameplay

inb4 just pay for WoW / FFXIV

good luck lol

Focus more on your studies and less on games.

Ultima Online

Get back to work you fucking kike slave. You already wasted your parents’ money on indoctrination, so you’d better damn well at least get a piece of paper that says you can have a job based on said money. I’m not carrying your retarded ass to old age on welfare because you were too fucking lazy to study.

I'm already doing well

I'm paying for most of it, and going into debt because of it. That's why I want something cheap

And yes I have a job

you better at least be going for STEM

OSRS

Bro, MMO's have bee absolute shit the last few years. More so than the usual shit. On top of that there's a drought because most of the chink MMO's are moving/moved to mobile.
I have completely given up on this genre, there's nothing that's fun on the market and there's fuck all on the horizon, so you're better off getting wasted and spending time with normalfags. It's that bad.

Pretty much this. Too bad the devs are faggot rats gnawing at what little good is left in the game. Avoid RS3 like the plague.

If you can't pay for an MMO don't do F2P, just play multiplayer games like monhun, nioh, or souls. They're not even treadmills anymore they're just flatout jackpot machines where you pay for premium pulls to get your slut avatar skimpier panties.

I played that too back then, but I think I started in 06 and stopped somewhere near the end of 09. It had good music, some good spots to hang out and chat and gameplay variety if you like fucking horrible platformers. I gave up when I noticed near the end of level 70 that I was just doing the same shit over and over again and hating it. I never did get the grasp of that game since I went in blind and had invested too much time in a lop-sided stat-progression. What eventually killed it for me was the cash-shop kiddies running around being faggots. I still have some good memories of that game, but I had far more bad moments than good ones.

As for your question, I don't think there are any good ones to play right now. If you want some proper autism with pages upon pages of builds, info and whatever the fuck else, Path of Exile seemed pretty good for that. I played some starting levels but didn't dare delve deeper.

Literally play any free MMO for like a month, have your fun, then move on to the next one. Only really dedicate yourself to any single MMO if you have friends you intend to play and level with, and even then be ready to jump ship when they get sick of a single game. For a start, i'd suggest FlyFF and maybe keep an eye open for anyone waxing nostalgic for other MMOs to add to the list. Also, FF14 and WoW are free to a certain point, if nothing else.

Evecel.

There's no such thing as a good 'free to play' MMORPG.

And the best is certainly not ORS like some would have you believe, those incels are just saying that to bolster the numbers of a game losing out on players because they begin to realize how much they've wasted on such trash and only see suicide as a way out.

There are no good mmos. Give up now.
Get a 3ds and play online at home, and solo on the bus ride to your campus.

and play mh4u online*

There will never be a good MMO as long as you are unable to pull an user that's acting out across your lap and give them a damned good bare bottom spanking in full view of other player's characters.

The fuck you talking about, nigger? OSRS hasn't been livelier. RS3 is the dying game.

i just got back into guildwars 1, it costs to buy the game but there's no monthly fee. it's fun and still has a decent number of players.
however, i can't in good conscience recommend giving money to arenanet after the fuckup that was gw2. so your call. just figured i'd toss the possibility out there.
it's a great game, but one caveat, the random arena and fort aspenwood pvp modes are full of bots. guild vs guild still has some activity tho, and jade quarry as well if you play during peak western europe times.

Dofus

MapleLegends or MapleLegends

No, shut up, they all suck.

Dofus at the monoaccount server is pretty good.

dofus isnt f2p

It still hurts. That has to be the best MMO experience I've ever had. The 8ch clan held off white wolf mountain pass while wearing frog masks

RS3 isn't that bad.

At least 10 to 25% of the OSRS playerbase are bots, it has way more bots than RS3.

This user speaks the truth. Western MMOs are dead and the Koreans are moving to mobile games, shit look at BDO, they're moving all their resources to a mobile version of the game. Also FFXIV sucks a fat cock, don't play it.

Star trek online is okay until you realize there is no game and it isn't really multiplayer. I don't know how take an MMO and make other players including your "clan" or "fleet" or whatever nothing but background noise but STO has done it.

Once the novelty and trek nostalgia wear off you realize the only game is grinding their in game currency which is nothing more than logging in to as many characters as possible a day and navigating menu's for a few minutes per character.

All for a ship / equipment to turn around and do nothing with.

No, seriously, kill yourself. I won't be paying for your welfare. You'll be starving.

can confirm. a "friend" forced me to play this fuckpile for a couple months, ugh that was awful.

Why are you wasting your debt time posting on a video game board? You are being retarded.

Just play a WoW private server. Shop around for one that bans chinks, though

PSO2.
Which is kinda sad tbh.

`>>14201281
i hate that i only learned to use cfw and got into mgs:pw after the fact of psp

`>>14201292
PPSSPP has functional multiplayer, people played Monhun regularly over it a while ago.
I imagine you should be able to play PS Portable 2 or Infinity with other people.
If you find those people that is.

Don't fuck around at college. Please.
If you think you have too much time to kill, ace the fuck out of your distinction instead of wasting time on bargain bin, cheap-ass MMOs. Also stop browsing Holla Forums, you fucking idiot.

I acknowledge that bots exist, as they do in all MMOs, but do you have any proof that your number is accurate?
A more popular game has more bots than a less popular game, color me shocked.

i really want to try guild wars due to it's "cross class" system, but i fear arenanet will pull the plug on the servers

my tinfoil theory is them shutting down the GW1 servers to try and force players onto GW2 as a last remedy, seeing that game is dying

To OP, and anyone, this

Age of Wushu :^)

The devs behind OSRS are amazing. Kill yourself.

It is. It's only bearable while playing as an Ironman.

MMORPG is a dead genre. Nobody makes them anymore.

Yeah, all the areas of the game you had nostalgia of had been removed, it's become extremely pay2win and every new class just hits the entire god damn screen and flies around the place.

You're not finding that anywhere.

It's either that or nothing. No joke.

kinda sad that most people missed the golden age of mmo which was the pre-WoW era.

user, stop.

Maplestory had the comfiest music. I didn't even mind all the grinding cause I rigged up a PS2 controller and played from a big cushy recliner.

Nah.

Yes, releasing a fag pride event without the consent of the community was a very BASED idea, wasn't it?

This just reminds me of jump quests.
I think of the swaying of the spiky balls to the rhythm of this song.

Jump quests were a lot of fun. Too bad shitters can't appreciate them.

twin saga.

haha n00bs

The shops should have been the GE.

they've stated officially that the guildwars 1 servers will reman running forever, unless the company itself goes under.

project gorgon anyone? i remember the creator being an user that shilled it here. and it wasnt half bad for like a 2 person dev team 2 years ago.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm studying right now so the couple of hours I have each day to rest I want to play something that doesn't require too much on an investment, like MMOs or other multiplayer games.

No time for long ass RPGs with tons of plot.

It has it's issues but it's still fun. I like RS3.

I too am waiting on that one.

For F2P I like the D&D ones the most. My heart is in DDO even if Eberon has too much fucking magic I get it though.

Neverwinter is a typical post-WoW fetch-quest / daily dungeon/raid instanced MMO. It can be comfy on the way to end-game, but the campaign system was built to heavily promote microtransactions. I quit when they added some frost giant campaign where the snow storm / blizzard graphics were so lazily done that the campaign was unplayable do to actual whiteout graphics.

Mabinogi, easily.

Is it worth getting into now?

It's just an assumption, maybe 10% is a stretch but I think somewhere in the range of 5 to 10% is probably accurate. Botters are a huge problem in OSRS, you can see default character armies of bots just attacking yew trees and crashing market prices.

To answer OP's question, Wurm Online if you are up for insane grind, RS3/OSRS depending which you like more if you also want grind, or EVE Online if you want PVP and social autism.

why wait? you can play it now. i remember there not being class restrictions. and if you wanted to become a necromancer, one of the prerequisites was dying something like 25 times. it was barebones then but still had some enjoyable depth

l-lewd

What if we make a custom DarkScape f2p serb?

WHY CAN'T MY POTATO RUN THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ebin.

Last I remember LofR:O was fun. Played with a bunch of college friends, we'd meet in the student lounge and play together, nothing serious, didn't do raid, just moatly an excuse to hang out together.
But that was in 11-12. Don't know if they fucked it up since I last played.

Kill yourself. You're too stupid to even be human.

Proof?

Wanted to reinstall a few weeks ago, but assumed it was dead

It's dead.

it's not dead, i don't have any sources for official player figures, and i don't think any such thing has been published.
however, the major cities are packed full of players (kamadan, LA, etc) and a lot of the minor settlements still have atleast a few peeps.
the only part of the game that's dead, partly due to bots, is random arena and FA, and to a lesser extent JQ. note: you'll find a game in random arena pretty easily, but 99% of the time it's ruined due to bots.
there's lots of guilds/alliances, the one i'm in is a 10-guild alliance and there's usually 3-500 on at least, during peak times.
tl;dr not being as populated as wow or ffiv isn't the same as being dead, there's still plenty of players.

Darkeden was fun for an edgy diablo clone.
Too bad they fucked it up adding that fairy race thing (the Ousters)

Its just too expensive in my opinion. This should honestly be about 10-20 euros for the full game with all expansions now. Instead there isn't even a pack with all the expansions, and its at least 30 euros.

I already own them all, but I want to buy them for my brothers to play with me. But at this price, its just not worth it.

Has anybody tried the wow ascension project private server? It seems interesting, but I don't know about trying out yet another private server.

yeah, as much as i enjoy playing it, i can't really recommend others give ANet money after how they did gw2. that said, you can get the trilogy (proph/fac/nf, but without eotn) for 20euro at gameliebe.com.

The game turned to shit and they're letting chinks have your account info and you can't do anything about it.

The game was already f2p to all with member content being free as well. Paying membership gave you a 3x exp boost rather than a 2.5x.
I think some people tried to do private servers but they died quick. Nothing will recreate the first glorious hours of lumbridge being a a slaughterhouse and al kharid being a free for all with multicombat and non level restrictions on PvP

I think Cabal Online is still f2p
Had a lot of fun with it back in the day

I started playing pso2 again on my Cast Fo/te. I like the asthetics and the action in this game but fuck the matterboard shit especially matterboard 1-11. Also some moments where i fuck up and die to bosses with their attacks while i'm knocked down.

It's okay but i grew bored of it eventually, this game has its charms with the comfortable feel to it.

whatever happened to "The Secret World" ?
The new one "Secret Wolrd Legends" has a super shitty character creator.
At least in the old one you could try to make human looking characters

Just pirate single player games user.

Most online games are shit anyway