Gmod Thread

What happened to the Holla Forums server?

usual business, it collapsed on itself due to drama

It was a script kiddie and his 2 friends deleting the server's assets with an impressive script that somehow did that.

Don't call me a script kiddie you fucking nigger.

None of this is true. I just stopped hosting because it would devolve into a shitty CyTube every single time.

Usually these two happen. Also doesn't help server owners would give people like breeki admin powers, who would proceed to shit up the place with their autistic viewpoints and ban people on whim.

Shit got autistic and the server died. Faggots like Gelgoog ruined everything.

now that's not a name i've heard in a while

Basically this. The whole idea of an 8ch Gmod server was more of a headquarters to gather for when we would subsequently raid some shitty DarkRP server.
Anyone here from the time we took over the police force and made some really shitty laws which made Soviet Russia look like a utopia? We ought a' do something like that again.

2dolla said he glad that the RP server was gone and that the autism was too much. I've been friends with him because of the RP stuff, but I've never really been on the servers that much. I can ask him some stuff if you guys want.

co-founder of the old Holla Forums raid group here, AMA

Nah that'd be the guys who had tantrum and shat up the steam group. I still talk to Goog, he's a alright guy. Played barotrauma with him recently and had him as captain promote me to "ship's commisar". Gave me his pistol and told the crew I was there to execute anyone showing low morale. Best part is we learned the revolver the captain gets can punch holes in the ships armor.

I liked it better when we just flooded servers. Last time I tried to play with one of the other guys he went really autistic on how shit should be done and not in the fun way like when we first started shitting things up. I mean like "Do this, don't do that, this is how team gamerfood does it", that's when I stopped caring after that because the moment you stop doing it because you enjoy shitting on people, not because you're trying to emulate the shit other people do. It's fun at first but then it gets boring and the people who keep wanting to cling to that shit are the ones you wanna watch out for.

I thought that was 2dolla and bane just setting up servers for fun because that's how it started. 2Dolla made his to fuck with kids while bane's was supposed to be our server since people wanted a good DarkRP server free of shit

Last time I checked out a Holla Forums gmod server I ended up doing some E2 and starfall with one of the admins. What the heck

Can we also discuss its workshop?

no fuck off

The DarkRP server died because the interest for it died. We had a good month or so of activity but there wasn't much else we could do with it, despite the attempts at spicing things up to keep it appealing. GMod just ain't a good fit for it unfortunately. Still, I enjoyed the chance to finally finish my fucking noodle shop on the last day.

Djy1991 and puppsky.

That's a name I haven't seen in while. Puppysky is such an unbearable faggot, and Djy1991, aka david, is a huge turd with zero talent or creativity, get got a sizable fanbase when his friends wrote his scripts for him.

I still fucking remember when canon wrote "john freeman" for his english class back in the 8th grade.

Don't remember that incident exactly but here's some pictures from what was probably the very first gmod server on Holla Forums ever. This is only a small fraction of the screenshots people took. It was amazing.

two more.
glory to wiretopia

there is still the project user server running zombie survivor.

NOT YOUR AUTHORITY

workshop is for fags, and it's gay that mod makers won't standalone their VPKs or zips unless it's on a patreon

really shows the state of this place

no creativity confirmed

this

the only shit that ever happened on those sandbox servers was a glorified cytube or some half a tard would make something a 10 year old would make

Sounds like a community problem, sandbox can be real fun and complex if done right.

Down for raids if you guys are tbh. Any dark rp server would fucking die by sheer shitposting magnitude alone.

i want pictures of spiderman, damn it!

Is Gmod still kicking, or is it all 1-2 game modes on every server? I'm hearing build servers aren't really a thing anymore.

Also, hoping S&Box will really be a Gmod successor. Would love to make stuff for that.

fretta minigames revival when

build servers exist. The really good ones are rare though. Most of em are just chatrooms now where people build low quality shit. DarkRP is still a shithole and TTT is hot garbage. I think the last gamemode I enjoyed that wasn't filled with retardation was sledbuild

I remember people asking for fretta server. Fretta is a fun mode

Breddy gud. Here is a shit on purpose gmod video along with some other pics of the Holla Forums server.