Games of potato

So my GPU died (AMD, never again) and the current GPU prices are plain retarded or just out of stock
Can we have a thread about decent games that could run on integrated graphics?
Also, plain run not something like "if you go low settings and 720p you might get 30fps on something" I will have enough time to ultra anything when I can replace my GPU

Hey user I'll sell you my old gtx 650 just 250 bucks, a huge deal in today's market eh?

play darkest hour

I played it for months
Somehow paradox games even 2D run like shit with no dedicated GPU

maybe you shouldnt have relied on shitty vendor OCd cards?
never blame chip makers, blame vendors and your shitty cooling and not taking care of your cards
thats what i do

t. AMD shill

AMD gpus and drivers are historically more reliable, their issue these days is not being able to hit Nvidia's performance point.

GTX 650 is pretty weak for modern games. 1050 ti is bare minimum to handle new stuff like Nioh or Nier.

God knows, I still have a 13-14 years old 6600 GT on a pentium 4 perfectly working and I sold all my old nvidia cards still working yet this AMD potato died 3 months after the warranty expired

Also, AMD catalyst is shit forcing AA or forcing aspect ratio on games

Only 1060+ is out of stock, you can buy a 1050ti if you want but I think is a little weak

you need a good CPU

Name a single game worth playing you can't play with it. I laugh at all you retards who buy expensive meme cards even though devs don't make shit worth playing on them.

the geforce 6000 series was great. mind you this came from a catastrophic failure of the fx5000 series. I'm speaking on pure historic precedence here, Nvidia has had more GPU disasters, driver disasters, than AMD/ATi has. Even the driver meme was never really true. They may have been primarily responsible for Vista being such a disaster at first.

the grapes aren't sour user, stop lying to yourself

Nigga that isn't even relevant. You are the one paying $100+ extra, and for what? Just name a game and prove me wrong.

OP, you could narrow down your preferences a little so we aren't shooting in the dark here.

So you are a poorfag that will shit on every game he can't play and instead of playing video games is here to shit on stuff he can't play?
Why don't you do something with your life

Shit, I didn't think there were so many fags with genuine buyers remorse in here.

Hitman
Witcher 3
Nu doom
Nier

I can play all of those, maybe not at max, haven't tried because none of them are for me personally, but that wasn't my point. I can play them.

Yeah a 5 years old card can play them too, playing at 800x600 and 10fps is not playing you poorfag trash

I'm not the one who took your money, don't get buttmad at me.

Well. I have 1050 ti, clocked just a little with Asus GPU Tweak.
Witcher 3 works fine with ultra settings and some post processing stuff turned off.
Nioh works fine, but it has some slowdowns when loading particle effects, this is very noticeable in many games made on same koei engine, namely Warriors all stars and SW Spirit of Sanada. I am not sure they are on the same engine, but they use same background loading technique that creates some sort of slow motion thingy. After few cases of slow motion it runs fine on maximum settings.
Nier only reaches playable FPS without anti-aliasing and certain post processing stuff.
Fallout 4 struggles to keep good FPS in a middle of boston no matter fucking what.

I am pretty sure you will be able to play upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, Butterlord and Kingdoms Come Deliverance just with few post processing options turned off.

Haven't tried because that shit is too large and i am not interested in it.
Only need to turn off few post processing options to run
Is this a joke? That game isn't graphically advanced and just bloated. Its fucking Rage tier.
Turn off anti-aliasing, blur and (optionally) ambient occlusion and it will get it to playable 60 fps.

Get one of those if you don't want to spend much money. It might be worthwhile to have a backup. Those cards will play recent games 1080p at 30fps or 720p at 60fps at medium to high detail. Older games will play at 1080p 60fps. As for APU gaming, if you have an AMD APU you can play quite a few games off of that. If you have an Intel APU, then consider getting into some casual games. There are plenty of benchmarkers who post videos of games running on certain hardware. You should be able to find something close to your specs.

AMD just makes the chip. You should be blaming the OEM which integrated it into a shitty part using substandard components.

No way fag

Fallout 4 is a piece of shit optimization wise,even on medium settings on my 970 i couldn't get constant 60,Fuck that garbage.

At this point consider importing from yurop, prices are still mostly fine over there.

Goddamn this guy is biased as fuck, he even straight up lies at some point, not to mention the multiple time where he goes on about issues that have been fixed in weeks whereas AMD is still carrying year old major bugs / issues around.

Doesn't mater though, user probably wants to play good games.

I'm actually from yurop and the prices, NEVER, was less than 40% more expensive than the NA ones, ever, we have some cute taxes to buy refugee houses that make everything expensive as fuck even when we make way less than murrikans
Current prices for a 1060 3GB are like 400 bucks over here and everything else is out of stock, sadly my card died before christmas or black friday since looks like we had some decent 6gb 1060s cheap for yurop prices (300 bucks)
Also, before my GPU died I finished most of the games that need a decent GPU but I don't want to buy a card that is already outdated for some games so yeah a 1060 is the way to go

Holy shit I fucked up my post reply twice, I must be retarded

Half-Life
Half-Life Opposing Force
Half-Life Blue Shift
Aliens versus Predator
Aliens versus Predator 2?
Battlezone
Rainbow Six
Ghost Recon
SWAT 3
Operation Flashpoint?
Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer Red Alert
Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Rome Total War?
Thief
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Homeworld

Sucks to be you

Nier can't run for shit but I can play MGSV.

I have Nvidia geforce 930mx on a i5 Chinese laptop

That small ones have heat issues frenchfag, yeah 225€ is the regular price of the 3gb ones but they are just out of stock

The regular sized ones ones aren't much pricier (about 250), though, there's even one that's about the same price but I don't trust that brand.

250€ for a 3gb 1060 is still retarded
I really don't feel the need of a "real" GPU so far

If you previously had a nvidia kepler, they were dying en masse in 2017 and presumably now in 2018.
It seems nvidia built a killswitch into them.
It actually happened to me, my 770 ti died and my brother's 650 ti died in november 2017. Lots of others are reporting the same.

bitcoin kikes will hang for this

Is not the BTC the ones to blame for this, is the AMD and nvidia kikes, instead of competing with each other they just pact the prices and production so instead of making 400 and sell them for 5 they make 200 and sell them for 100

Their OpenGL support is pretty bad. Not intel igpu tier but noticeably worse than Nvidia.

Historically, now AMD is pushing higher and higher TDPs and those things fry themselves. while nvidia builds killswitches into their GPUs
No idea about drivers though, in my experience both are shit but nvidia's are better. However I haven't tested any of those new crimson or whatever they are called AMD drivers because the last AMD GPU I had was a 5xxx series which I swapped for a 780 in 2013.

crimson has been a massive step up and their new drivers are adding notable gains in performance and features. The new Adrenalin drivers delivered well too.

AMD has pretty good OpenGL drivers on Linux thanks to Mesa.

NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

normalfags get out