Undead games

For the last several months we sure had a lot of fun laughing at dead games, but what about those that aren't particularly alive, but still just don't drop to 0 players?
What kind of autism feeds these people?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/204300
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The childish hope that someday, somehow, the good old days will come back.
I'm quite sure that at least 300 of those are people that spent outrageous amounts of money in it and now cling to hoping that someday their investment will make them happy.

Who doesn't have such autism? Really it is either hope that something better will come or suicide. Especially in terms of vidya because it has really gotten to shit.

You probably think more about they money they spend than they do.

I don't, my hope is for another vidya crash so suits fuck off from the hobby.

But user. Vidya crashing and all AAA companies going bankrupt will be better times compares to what we have now.

The only ones to blame for SK are the developers.
It's been nearly 5 years and still there's no actual new content besides one DLC dungeon.

Yeah but the point was that "the good old days will come back". I don't particularly wish for a revival after the crash.

Certainly, if they thought about the money they wouldn't spend it like that.
Their actions and hopes are unconscious and it's really hard to come to terms with your addictions and how much of a idiot you were by wasting so much in such a unimportant thing as microtrasactions in a online game.
t. former whale and MMOG addict.

Neverwinter Nights and Second Life.

if it got more actual content I'd jump on that shit like crazy.

I'm pretty sure Square recently announced that FFXI isn't getting any more updates yet there's still people who pay a subscription for it. At least Everquest still gets updated as far as I know.

I long for the only vidya to be dorf fort tier passion projects by autists for autists.

I actually tried to find second life numbers, this is what I came up with :

A lot of servers would have these stations where you could afk at like $2 in linden money per hour. It'd be something like mopping the floor or that. I guess they did it to keep the server from being completely empty, and there are bots that farm these. So who knows how many of those are bots. I remember last time I checked into second life I wandered around and the entire world felt like a desolate post apocalyptic wasteland. Buildings and all these artistically done locations that look like where created over a process of 1000s of hours and probably went through several iterations improving it each time.

Completely abandoned.

Champions Online?
Wildstar?

I want to play it again

Age of Wushu autist here; i've been playing for over three years. The reason i'm still playing is if i were in any other game, i'd just be wasting time there that i'd ultimately lose if i quit. I still here goals to accomplish here, and until then i'll keep going. I regret not quitting pretty much every day, though, and i feel like i'm close-ish to finally stopping.

On the other side of the coin, there's another guy that's been playing for about as long but on entirely different servers to the one i've been on, but he actually enjoys it like some kind of faggot because he PKs a lot and actually wins fights.

I played Spiral Knights for six months just to get all the achievements, because i decided to do it and i did it. Some time later, the one achievement that took about two or three months on it's own got removed, so maybe it wasn't worth it after all.

Tf2, a game whose roster is infested with white cis men.

If it would be something like wow or pso2 or even fucking warframe I would possibly understand, since those have at least some redeeming qualities, but fucking age of wushu is the bottom of the barrel, absolute irredeemable trash.
You should probably kill yourself.

Oh, i don't disagree, but if i were gonna kill myself it'd probably have been half-way through solo-grinding out my level 119 assassin on the official Ragnarok Online server. Also all MMOs are the same: you play a little and then stop caring forever and maybe if you're lucky the servers die, rip in piece Rusty Hearts.

God damn you, user. I loved BLR despite its many flaws and it was the only FPS I've had fun in online since the original Planetside.

Man, that game was the shit. Like you said; despite its many flaws. I've yet to find a game where headshots feel that damn satisfying. The loud skull cracking and helmet popping sound I can't find elsewhere.

maid RPG
>>>/tg/357279

It also has really satisfying sniper rifles, even though I don't like the bolt action's reloading because it sounds creaky as shit.

Huh, it just got a 5 GB update and the original devs just got the rights to it back from Perfect World. Looks like it might be coming back.

Just a little technicality - spiral knights aren't limited to steam players. The game is possible to play standalone. So there might be a small additional player base outside of steam.

I once believe it would be the City of Heroes 2.

USFIV is still here despite being 8 years old
Also, the Revival disagreement is pretty active

Spiral Knights has such cute characters but all the rule 34 is futa garbage.
Such is the fate of all F2P games with qts, like Warframe.

Are you sure that is not dead?

The bad news is that it merged with read: converted to the console version, and there is some bullshit regarding a special 5$ pass that fucked over new players but I don't remember how.

Are you sure they aren't just playing for the hat?

I agree, theres a criminal lack of gremlin pics.

There's some tentacle art without dicks.

steamcharts.com/app/204300
Still sort of alive after over 5 years, probably because it remains fun after many, many updates that fuck up the balance and game flow, plus finally going f2p. I still have 750 hours in it and play semi-regularly with a friend.

ahaha
lethal league evo never

Smash autists are keeping it alive. It was in early access for a long time and when it "released" they didn't advertise it as a full game, they just doubled down on pleasing the early access crowd. The kid of autists that will play turtles smash up because it has smash in the title or wants to master it because Mang0 plays it. The tournaments have a decent pull for the numbers, much better than the lethal league scene which has about the same concurrent players. I think LL is the better game, but these idiot devs do not have a good game plan. They are releasing DLC characters, but they are paid because its out of early access. Their only real sales will come from the fact that any tournament, even a side gig at a smash tourney, needs to have the full roster.

Wednesday and Sunday meet-ups keep the multiplayer alive.

How the fuck Spiral Knights still active? Is it the tf2 hat?

that's sad

PC crossplay with consoles
I'll never understand this. Paragon did the same shit and last I heard that trash is shutting down soon.

I keep hoping some group like Holla Forums will be interested in it and start playing so I have a reason to redownload it.

Not crossplay, more like a version parity. Basically they used the same console version for both pc and console (although the russian version was already using it). PC version recently got an update however, and devs said they were going to balance both pc and console versions differently, so no more recoiless weapons.

I've never heard of this. Tell me what it's like and why no-one bought it.

technically people still play it
How many? i dont know
i also doubt they will ever get some "big" update at this point, kinda like champions online

Say what you will about Team Fortress 2, but it's pretty fucking impressive how long it's lasted.

I would still have it installed if it wasnt so big
I probably will have it installed on my new machine
help me

That's what makes it so surprising. You would think that years of shitty updates would have killed this game, or at the very least lowered the player count to four digits.

Lawbreakers is a dead game, not an undead one, learn to read the thread and understand context clues you retard.

Possibly because it doesn't "force" you to go premium, and the models are free to use.

It's a combination of being free to play and open source. It's the same reason Doom isn't completely dead.

So what, can I go back and play it now or is it still heading for a dead end?

low resource game, perfect for toaster pcs
f2p
easy to get into
chaotic 12 players per team pubs

it's a huehue's and cheeki breeki's fantasy
that's why it's always filled with children and third worlders

You could give it a try if you have some gear already. Mind that the shop is disabled and you can't buy anything at the moment, but there's a serverwide 2x money boost going on.
There's also a revamp on the loadout system (lets you pretty much change everything minus the name, even your icon and sex too, and you can make up to fucking 50 of them all for free, but it feels unfinished and it's not very practical to change or modify them).
Using gear (not tactical gear like the healthpack) is also a slightly bit more of a pain now.

well theres yer fuckin prablem hamstring; If you can play it with a pirated version, seed it and make a recruitment/propaganda thread to raise interest. If you can't, may as well kill yourself now and save the weeks of lonely starvation.

But what about the actual game, is it still good? Do people still play it? What?

This all sounds like things that were done/supposed to be done 2 years ago.
Yet, the date on the thread checks out, and I'm pretty sure time travel isn't a thing either.

Is this latest news from a long ago, or is there actually any new developments on BL:R?

And now it's essentially a furry-centric chatroom.

Yes, there are people still playing it. You can find a full game (for TDM at least) through quick join, even though its kinda bugged.

I did mention and but that was a few years ago. I haven't played for long since then and only now I've reinstalled the game and noticed about the new changes I've mentioned on and 2-3 days ago.

In addition to that, the devs are also merging both US and EU accounts into a single one and working on tidying up the merge for next month's update it seems. They should also open up the shop by then.

I forgot to tell you there is also a change in the leveling system - It now has a cap of lv100, but it's much quicker to level up. You can also reset your level at cap to obtain golden versions of equipment after certain amounts of resets. How it affects gear unlocking I don't know since you can't buy anything yet.

The first Strike Vector had a high of 675. EX is just some sort of remaster.