S4MAX: The Promised Land edition

Patch 2.3.0 is now live, and it brings tons of new weapons with it!
S4MAX is a private server of the online game S4 League. It tries to be as close as possible to the core theme and gameplay without losing its sight just like the official version. As seen in this patch, most of the weapons that can be deemed overpowered are reworked to properly balance them.
s4max.com/ A word of caution! Most players use disagreement to organize matches and developers post the patch notes and server news there.
Pic related. I will post webms of these new weapons and the new map as i make them.
NepNep set consists of: Top/Shoes and comes with two differend colors
Heroine set consists of: Accesory/Top/Legs/Shoes/Hair

RIP Panamaman

That's why i wanted to warn people.
Not a great sign i know. Most people log in 6-7 hours later.
It's lifted. Now there's only a ping filter.

He deserved better.
Converting these webms are surprisingly taking some time. I can post the artbook of S4 up to season 9 if you're interested.

Fuck yea dude, I never knew there was an artbook. I'd love to see it.

(checked)
Feast your eyes on the early panamaman and D artwork, then prepare yourself for disappointment!

It's been a while since I played S4 but I'm down to play some later.

It's really sad that not only did the game deteriorate so badly, but also that any hope of a sequel/resurgence died with the artist who made it great in the first place.

Sword Only was a mistake.

And that's it. It wasn't up to season 9 as i remember but it doesn't matter anyway. I like how they tried to return to the sports theme with season 3 but then followed that with 2 fucking Alice in Wonderland seasons.

Thanks dude. I'll give them a look in a bit.

I think i did something wrong along the way since it's my first time making webms. At this rate converting them all will take around 8 hours and i'm not doing that.
Here's the first and the most important weapon of this patch, Spy Dagger. Now using left click slow your movement speed while slashing and the first hit of the 3hit right click stab is removed, reducing its damage along the way. Other than that, it's the same weapon that everyone loves to spam.

The new map, Neden-1 S. It's same as the regular Neden-1 but the virus hand rising from the ground has damaged it severely. The map is tilted and due to this some wall jumps can't be performed. It it is possible to travel by jumping on top of the flying debris.

loved this game when i played it way back

That's a pretty sensible nerf. I'd play but I'm an Ausfag.
What are you using to make Webms? I'd stick to VP8 over VP9 for efficiency. Also, you only need 92kb/s bitrate for audio at most using Opus.
If you encode the Webm at 640x400 (16:10), a video bitrate around 3000k should make it close to source in clarity.

I mostly followed this.

Not sure how xmediarecode handles encoding but you could probably do a single pass and get away with a reasonable Webm to save on even more time.

I'm not a fan of this weapon, mostly because it feels really bad to try and work around it's swing arc.

You can't for example safely jump over someone just mashing the button to stun them with a Plasma Sword/Bat, because their hitbox will knock you out of your windup, and it's not like the Counter-Sword Punch where they can't follow up afterwards unless they actually miss with the uppercut.