Games that deprive you of your senses

Besides touch and taste, of course

Are there any games with segments like this? The only one I can think of - and have pictures here - is The Blind Swordsman, which is just some small flash game on Newgrounds, but it actually blew me away when I first heard of it. The concept was pretty good and, while the controls weren't as perfect as I would have hoped, it gave me a lot of ideas.
I think this is a very good way of immersing players. Regardless of your thoughts regarding "immersion", I think we can all agree on that.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/17299509
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Sound:_Kaze_no_Regret
store.steampowered.com/app/437530/A_Blind_Legend/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's this old kind of Proof of Concept game like that I can't remember the name of. Your entire screen is black, but noises make waves that reveal stuff. There were monsters who were also blind and the goal was to navigate around them using the sound to see while minimizing the sound you make so as to no be seen. Can't remember what is was called though.

Pic unrelated

Not deprive, but I know of one that slowly gnaws on them until you're left numb and apathetic. It's called life.

Is that Elliot on the left?

Looks like the same glass in his hand as well.

can only think of that 5guys audio guy's thing
vimeo.com/17299509

Yes.

I'd fuck shota elliot tbh

(checked)
He looks like your run of the mill underage gook to me, also

You anons ever heard of Winds of Regret? It's sort of a choice-based game but it's audio-based. It was meant to give equal access to the game for blind and seeing players. Hope this contributes to the thread.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Sound:_Kaze_no_Regret

It was also supposedly a little scary and I only remembered it when I saw this thread because of some creepypasta about it that I read a few years back.

Sage for doublepost.

We might be thinking of the same game, I think it was called The Devil's Tuning Fork or something of the like. There's plenty of games like that now, but that one was among the first.

I looked it up and it's not the same game, however it is extremely similar design wise. It's hard to be specific, cause you're blind, but I remember you could throw objects to make sound and the footsteps of both you and the creatures made sound.

I recall some fps, perhaps F3AR, that has a section that you play with your hearing fucked up because you were too close to an explosion.

Okay, this is pretty interesting

I think you're talking about a similar game that had to do with some experiments in antarctica that originated the creatures. I saw a video on youtube once but I can't say I remember the name. Sorry user.

Honestly I remember so little it could've been the arctic or siberia, or anywhere with snow.
Polite sage for double postan.

Reminder that since the cuckchan AI leak we've been having strange fucking threads lately
and so on

Holy fuck, what is wrong with you, dude?

What is wrong with (you)?

Nothing. 94ec5b's paranoia is on par with Holla Forums's and /gghq/'s. Utterly pathetic.

Why do you wanna be deprived of your senses though? It's not a really nice feeling.

it's a little spooky sometimes.

The cuckchan what now?

>>>/cuckchan/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/tumblr/

>>>/summer/

>>>/fringe/

>>>/x/

>>>Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

in bloodborne there is a spider boss that mutes the SFX halfway through the fight its kinda neat

lel

There were cuckchan leaks from a data brokering company involving AI and audio manipulation partnering with some company in the vidya industry to create literal brainwashing tools to make the most money with microtransactions

you started it

you really aren't very bright are you

Definitely the least fun part of the game.

I remember playing a troll game where you were both blind and deaf and you had to complete a set of tasks.

store.steampowered.com/app/437530/A_Blind_Legend/
Now, fuck off.

I actually used a sense deprivation tank once and no game can compare to the real thing.

There was a ps2 game that makes you play as a Japanese swordsman with bionic arms that you.can.pull off to become swords. You play the game in monochrome till you fight a boss, then you get color.

I forget the name of it, can any kind user help?

There were the space parts of Dead Space where all you could hear was your own breathing.

I got it. Stifled. Game you were looking for. Theres also another one called Perception.

Tell us about that. It could give some of us inspiration.

Sight is limited to what you see on the screen.
Sound is limited to the buzzing on the monitor and the occasional bump when something smashes into you, followed by gasping for breath when you run out of oxygen.

Really cool game. Would recommend.

taking a complete shot in the dark here that's it's not called clipboardimage: the vidya

i had this idea of doing ambo jitsu
you don't see your opponent
if your weapon gets close you hear the noise
attack

Fucking hell I forgot to mention it's called Capsule.

D2 had a boss fight which took away all your senses, not that anybody ever played it.

Blood Will Tell, based on the manga Dororo by Osamu Tezuka.

Is that what happen on the first level? I emulated it and it was literally blind with only the minimap because you're supposed to get a pair of eyes from the demon.

This