Trouble in Terrorist Town is unplayable because all the remaining servers have rules so strict that the game just comes...

>Need my detective-work fix so play police in DarkRP

I have never in my life seen rulecucking like this in a fucking video game, but it infests every fucking server on gmod. Even with shit like melee banning 90% of the game, you still don't have to worry about breaking the rules in a do-or-die split second decision because common sense is banned. There are so many fucking technicalities that you need a fucking law degree just to play the roll. I knew Gmod has turned into cancer but I didn't think it would be this fucking bad, holy fuck.

I JUST WANT A PLACE TO PLAY TTT AGAIN

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Facepunch/garrysmod/blob/master/garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/corpse.lua#L254
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just play epicsocial justicemafia if you want to do detective work

Surely any game of that sort which is worth its salt would implement penalties for incorrect kills as to serve as a deterrent for RDM?

Supposedly these moderators feel the need to create all these stupid rules because RDM proves too effective for catching the killer (despite the fact that such rules defeat the whole idea behind the game).

TTT has karma. You kill someone incorrectly and you lose karma. Karma lowers your damage. It also has a little tagline under your name "dangerous, reliable, itchy-trigger" depending on what it's at, but you can also see it at the scoreboard. It goes up if you don't kill the wrong person.

So if you play well and guess right you wont get fucked over. But the rules are so strict that it's insane:
If you had common sense you'd gun him down, but the rules are so strict that you have to go in the room and find the dead body. In which case he's probably shooting you in the back or gone by then. They also can burn bodies (just leaves a scortch mark) meaning you'd never be allowed to shoot them.

It's unplayable.

Like being a policeman in real life?

Where's that breakdancing spurdo police meme

Satisfying as fuck at the time because I still had my regular servers I went to

rooftops was the greatest map

I think you were looking for detective work in the wrong place. DarkRP is not for roleplaying, it's a puzzle game.
It's a game where you try and find the magical combination of plugins to leverage and ruin the game for everyone, but one that also circumvents the badmins' ability to detect it.

I liked Wire forcers back when I still played Gmod. Those things were great because for the longest time, the velocity was uncapped. Make it large enough and it will crash anyone noclipping.
Eventually, I guess enough people complained for long enough so they put a cap on how high you could make the number. And forgot to cap the minimum, so ridiculously low numbers did the same thing. But unfortunately, that was patched, too.
Maybe some of the plugins involving money have race conditions when you spam the everloving fuck out of them, or allow floating points and do rounding errors. Good for duplicating money or littering the streets with $0 bills. Maybe launch them at people so it counts as a world-owned prop and doesn't register as a prop kill.
Wire trails? Fuck yeah, no size limit. Make some ridiculous distortion field that extend through everyone's entire field of vision and stay around forever by easy-welding the trail around all over the map. When admins get suspicious and start removing everyone's props, see if you can spot when someone else's shit gets removed, and undo it at that moment. Must have been him. Banned.
Some servers allow you to pick things up and keep them in your inventory. Pick up frozen world props, place them somewhere and pick them back up. It turns invisible but its physics remain active. Invisible unmovable props that float in mid air. Fantastic.
Then there's the classic "hold the use button on a button but never let go". Button freezes up and nobody can use it as long as you continue to hold it down. Or have +use enabled.

The problem with TTT is every fucking autist who arent even children vote for minecraft maps.

Democracy server voting is a mistake the worst maps are always the most popular

How are autists supposed to know how to act if they dont have a script YOU are supposed to follow so they dont fucking reeeee on you? Serioisly, fuck you retards. You fagz ruined recess for us other kids long ago too.

I hated that to.

There was a period where I use to code for a server. I filled the server with like +100 maps and the server would pick 10 maps that weren't played recently. It would even limit abnormally large maps to only show up when the server hits a certain population and at least 1 large map will show up when that happens. My favourite was the resident evil 2 map. Those days where probably the most fun I ever had in a video game ever.

Regulars all left because they couldn't spam the same 5 maps

I once staffed a ZS server where we attempted to implement the same thing, but all the techs were brainless and had no idea how to get it working so we just played the same 5 maps repeatedly.

You are a wonderful person, user. God bless

Just play SS13.

just play samp ngrp 8 years ago

What pisses me off most about what TTT has become is that it used to be a social cues game. You could practically play it blindfolded if you would just pay attention to what people were saying and how they were saying it.
Nowadays it so saturated with fucking 'lol so randumxD' children and literal autists on top of the overbearing rules that even if you know someone is a cunt T you can't do anything about it because the kid with ADD just blasted the other kid with autism and started an rdm chain that ends with the T justifiably at the end of it

The problem with that is that it's impossible to do actual detective work, for a multitude of reasons depending on the server and codebase

I just realized Dale and Rusty look pretty similar in that context

All the servers have gone to shit. I wish the 12 year olds would just pick up guns and kill people back instead of whining about rdm or any other stupid fucking rule. It's an fps for fucks sake

I deliberately break rules on every server I go on now just to see how bad the admins are. Like if it's one of those military RP servers I will immediately run past the spawn zone you aren't supposed to since I hate that white listing crap. If the admin or anyone tries to stop me from exploring the map then the server's administration is out of control - if not and the only thing that happens is the enemy team I didn't join captures or kills me then the admins aren't so bad or at least not on.

A lot of the time I can skip the worst parts of white listing by exploring the map and getting to the enemy base and getting myself captured wherein I provide the intel that the team I am on is full of faggots.

The minecraft map pretty much singlehandedly destroyed the gamemode. I miss when it didn't exist and people played good maps.

I'm pretty sure they're all Postal Guy in different disguises.

I used to run a TTT server for a private group im with back when everyone wasnt too busy with college/work and we used those 3 maps plus a few others, we made the mistake for a day to let others in after making it public and for a good hour my profile was filled with comments demanding that gay ass minecraft map which i played on another server, way too small and shitty in general.

It got to the point the server got DDOSed because a fucking map wasnt added onto the map rotation, back to a locked server and blocking of the 50+ users who spammed my comment section.

also fuck all the revisions of thething, the map is fun as fuck but whenever i found a new version i added it to the rotation.

People don't understand that the wacky shit was what made games like TTT fun
Making it into a rulesfest ruins that

Thats half the fun though user, finding out how easy it is to break rules. ive been on TTT servers where various firearms are restricted to user classes, but could be picked up by anyone.

Had a good chuckle, but i should have played more since i was able to bait people towards traitors and traps and get away with it.

I've noticed this trend over the years. I mostly played Gmod on Swamp Cinema and DarkRP trolling with Wiremod though. I know TTT has been the #1 game mode on Gmod for years, but I always found it boring after one or two games, because of this rulecucking nonsense. The server admins and mods are too lazy to actually moderate the game with active involvement, so they just break the fucking game. Nigger, faggots.

I miss when it was new and wasn't loaded up the ass with "features" like the whole "you see a reflection in the dead body's eyes!"

Who even plays TTT?
Right from the start it was a stupid twitch meme game before stupid twitch meme games existed and it detracted from everything which was good about garrys mod as a physics sandbox. It was garry pushing his desire to dumb down the game down to wario ware on the PC.

heh, I remember Garry'sWare

had some good times in the FPS minigame

This shit's been going on well before Gmod was a thing.

Roleplay faggots in any game need to get fucking gassed.

SS13 hasn't been fun since like 2012-2013.

Lets remove all thinking and hiding in a game mode about thinking and hiding. Just play cs go then fuckers.

People are shit user.

This thread has confirmed all of my preconceived notions about what gmod is and who it caters to. And you should all probably be gassed for being drawn to it.

It's not a coincidence that Dale buys alien piss and his alter ego is Rusty Shackleford. They are also very similar in personalities.

More like what leftists want policing to be.

What does it cost to run a gmod server? How hard is it to code for one?

Tell me what's wrong with Gmod without mentioning the community. It was a pretty good game with large variety, and complexity when it came to building.

I miss when servers use to play counter-strike maps that had atmosphere. Especially nipper maps, and it wasn't just the minecraft map. It was other crappy maps like crummy_cradle (which the owner even said was an abomination), de_dolls, whitehouse

By the way. I use to play a few times with the creator of whitehouse and he was an extremely self-absorbed furfag bong. He would always jack himself off because whitehouse was the #3 or 4 map played for a while. He eventually made a futuristic space station maze and got extremely EXTREMELY ass-blasted nobody wanted to play it and would just make remarks along the lines of "Nobody is intelligent enough to appreciate the genius of my map", but it had no atmosphere, no vertical game play, no nothing. It was a fucking corridor maze with a few traitor traps randomly placed.

I think it's 5-10 dollars a month, and coding for Gmod is easy as fuck because it's all in LUA. The hardest part is getting a dedicated playerbase, and that goes for triple when it's trying to not get a cancerous one.

That 'The Thing' map was the best one.

I've been banned for RDM as a traitor before
tism gonna tism

There are 2 thing maps.

Honestly TTT is now one of those things you just have to play with a known group of fags.

Has TTT or prop hunt been done for game night before?

TTT would be iffy with this crowd, I feel, but prop hunt is always fun. Here's the real question, which of the Source games had the best prop hunt? For my money, it's TF2

Admins like that instead of making shit interesting and fun like a /tg/ DM fucking shit up and surprising everyone, they go on fucking power-trips or if you kill their girlfriend, it's a bannu.

TTT is only fun for pretending to be the traitor so you can get others punished for RDM.

There are a couple of servers that allow for killing on reasonable suspicion, but the meta of TTT is boring when you allow it.

Try playing The Ship or AC4 if you want actual detective action.

Strictly speaking from a utilitarian standpoint, gmod is incredibly fun if you know who you are playing with.
Yeah the community's cancer, but it would by no means be hard to get like 16 not faggots to get into a game.

You're fucking retarded

I bet you use matchmaking you fucking faggot

Well, you can arrest someone with reasonable suspicion (if they shoot at you or leave an area with gunfire with a gun in their hand, that is far more than what is needed). You can also obtain warrants to search their property based on those suspicions. Any game with law enforcement in its gameplay should allow a wide range of cases where arrests can be made.

Don't bother with that shit anymore. Shit's just no fun allowed at this point.

Serverfag from earlier

Depends on the company hosting them, vilayer does slots .90cAUD but you gotta wait for them to actually activate the server. once its online its all up to you to get shit ready on it.

Easy to code as well, game runs on LUA and is very easy to place users on different user role tiers to stop abuse (user, admin, superadmin, custom tiers.)

Also very easy for custom models, pointshop is the best way to do it as you just put the models themselves on the server then make a single LUA file pointing pointshop to where the model is, then you can use them ingame.

Not to mention now every TTT server runs a thing that basically the moment you RDM someone, even by accident you get an auto slay next round.

Gmod was a mistake.

Good, people agree, that and the 34th street map. I usually rush the traitor tester and break it because it just boils down to "get in the detector"

The problem is that on paper, TTT is an amazing game and in a way it (or a game with similar rules) is the perfect murder mystery game. It's the only mystery game that doesn't rely on a cinematic linear story, and it can be a ton of fun if you have a good group of people playing. Those people do exist on Gmod (or at least they did), but you have to put up with a lot of shitty matches to find one.

the rule is like that because if everyone on the server is 100 karma every fight is fucking dumb

then play a vanilla server

That map could have been so good if the T-Tester room didn't exist. The surface floor has several vantage points to snipe from. Lots of backways to escape the scene of a crime from and the buildings are pretty diverse, in that you have one cramped quarters building, an extremely open one, a super market and one that is kind of a mix of all of the above. Also there is the farm but it's segregated so far from the main map that usually nobody is there, minus the occasional innocent who camps the sniper tower and shoots anyone who gets close.

Wat

The reflection part IS in vanilla

I enjoy TF2's prop hunt, perhaps out of fond memories of the servers that hosted it. Nowadays people that play it complain that the gamemode sucks and sit in spectator waiting to be a prop.

No, it isn't in vanilla. The closest thing you get to that is the whole feature where you can see what they were typing or said if they get killed within a second or sending (or failing to send) the message. You need to join a server that actually reads "vanilla" in the title.

Nothing compared to the hell of tf2 servers.
You have casual which is boring, competitive which is empty or

Play Vintage. It's honestly the only way you're gonna have fun in TF2 ever again

You spelled "Classic" wrong.

Problem with both: Nobody plays.
I can't remember the last time I saw someone on Classic, but it has been a while, and Vintage is rarely active during the day when I play.
Also I actually like a lot of the unlock items and without them its not as fun. I just wanna use my mods again, I miss having a stop sign instead of an axe and a magic hand for a medigun.

Classic died when the dev team started adding unnecessary weapons and let that tranny faggot hack whenever it wanted. It died for us as soon as AssBlaster started getting trigger happy with the bans. I wish we could have kept that going, TF2C was the most fun i've had with anons in a while.

stupid tumblrfaggot can't even follow own rules

Wasn't that the whole point of Classic? To undo the same mistake that Vintage made? Fucking hell.

I think youve confused the two and gotten things backwards.
Classic started adding unnecessary bullshit, so Vintage was made as a result.

Yeah. Though wasn't classic come with the plan to be like TFC or similar TF mods, and not just TF2 vanilla?

Oh fuck well then nevermind, I do have that backwards.

bumping, TTT discussion is great.

Sounds like playing as an NPC in any RPG.

I've played plenty of vanilla servers with it and plenty of servers with extremely light modding (weapon damage and skin tweaks) that had it, but to completely put this to bed. It's in the source code.
github.com/Facepunch/garrysmod/blob/master/garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/corpse.lua#L254

cod 4 had the best prop hunt

I wanted to play Trouble in Terrorist Town after I saw Achievement Hunter play it, but just like you I cant stand the rules and "tests" I found on most of the servers I've played on. I would recommend Murder instead of Terrorist Town.

The Ship is also fun though dead nowadays, Holla Forums played it a few weeks ago on game night.

I don't know what's worse, the fact he sounded like a faggot or couldn't handled being killed. Gmod isn't just the same anymore.

All the remaining admins on gmod will all sound like faggots, because they are faggots who have nothing in life but the ability to power trip in a slowly dying game. Just remember they've already passed their peak.

Vintage's focus is just pre-mannconomy TF2. They've got one coder who solely is focusing on bug fixes so until someone comes along to code weapons it's stock only

They tried a bunch of things. Only recently did they reveal they're cutting out the core TF2 game and focusing on DM only

Sounds exactly the same actually.

Reminds me of the time i headshot a mod while he was zooming around the sky using noclip and taunted his ass, Fucker looked like he was ready to go on a good screech before he banned me.

This is what happens when the primary audience of a game shifts from 20 to 12 years old.

I think you may have found why these kinds of game modes have turned in to complete shit. It's full of shitkiddies who can't stand the idea of competition against another living breathing person. They want to behave like they do in Skyrim or Fallout where they can literally crouch in place to steal in plain sight, or randomly murder whoever they please without any suspicion so long as no one actually saw it happen. They literally want to fight against NPCS because other people are too smart for them to deal with.

It's really just the state of the industry because everything you said is true about single player games.

I used to love going in the servers and manipulating everyone into killing each other.

It will be the second you put up a passworded server

Literally not enough quality players to justify one.

It was pretty disappointing, to be frank. None of the tools, depth or manipulation of TTT, just a wacky run around and murder game.

EU timezone?

Also the unlocks I can live without. Stock has made me realize that the game used to actually make the classes matter

TF2 had prop hunt?

Yes, Mr. cuckchan filename.

Quit trying to fit in, reddit.

ALL counterstrike: source, gmod, and any related game's admins, mods, etc. ARE ALL RULECUCKS LIKE IMKAMPFY

The unix timestamp filename on that image shows October 4 2015, so he browsed for about a full year after the first exodus. Everyone laugh at mr. cuckchan filename.

click the (u)

still go there because our /d/ is too fucking slow

It's a problem with all rp games (ss13,ttt,etc.). Rpfags encourage fagmins to hand out bans when someone plays a way they don't like.

This is like how the Murder gamemode ended up for me. I used to play on a server that had no active admins and was vanilla, so I was able to get used to how Murderers behaved and how to act innocent, being able to kill the murderer pretty easily without seeing them take their gun out. Now all the servers have admins and 1000 things you need to download to be able to play a very simple gamemode. If you kill someone based on clues RDM, you shoot someone that ran straight at you, that is RDM.

Our Unix filenames are shorter.

A lot of servers now run rules about "baiting".

You'd be suprised how easy it is to get around gmod rules simply because the admins don't know what the fuck they're doing and are afraid to ban a kid who broke the rules simply because he was too incompetent to understand them.

Pretty much and a lot of time those same fagmins are the RP fags

This is why you only play DorkRP when you're raiding servers with other fags.

I play on an argentinian TITT server and everyone is chill and lax as fuck. Must be an american thing.

Anyone want to share some screenshots?

it is if you erp

The last thing I would advise is attempting a friends only server for this sort of thing, you will find you hate them all. What happened to gmod tower, again? Did they squirrel away their source for it and not let anyone make their own serbs or something? I know they kiked up and made that standalone thing. Were they goons or just facepunch cunts?

Nice get
Is that Courage's house?

Yes. It's a map you get from the steam workshop.

That would be pretty neat for something like zambies or even Zombie Master, if someone worked on it.

WHY THE FUCK would you join a fucking roleplay server? Thats the autistic cancer that killed GMod along with Youtube screaming retards bringing over children who think that the game is Minecraft.

Nigger, it was always autistic and full of cunts, what's wrong with your retarded head? Fucking hipster queer.

GMod multiplayer is vastly enhanced by adding roleplaying aspects.

I will rip your head off and shit down your neck, fucktrumpet.

Nowhere did get ported to GMod's Zombie Survival. It's okay.
The map is honestly pretty plain and doesn't offer much for any gamemode.

I just want a Triumph game now, what with all the ghoulies.

Courage. What the fuck am I typing?

Heh.

that pic was debunked by the police reports though

I didn't know you had to delete your image folders when migrating over

It's unfortunate but the game has been dead for at LEAST 3 years. I was there since the decline began, youtube faggots were responsible for it. Soon after they started making videos, more and more servers succumbed to the influx of faggotry. Now you'll be hard-pressed to find a single server that isn't running dm_minecraft with a fuck ton of gay mods.

No, just fucking rename them, faggot.

If you have a cuckchan filename, and you willingly don't change it, knowing it's a cuckchan filename, all you're doing is just proudly proclaiming that you're from cuckchan to those with an attentive eye.

You mean autism? I still have hundreds of images from halfchan in multiple folders. I'm not going to rename every single one of them because you don't approve of how a timestamp is formatted, you sperg.

We were still using 13 digit unix filenames back then. The cuckchan dectector is 149+ I think it started midway through 148, if I remember correctly.

Right. I can see with your creativity it must be very easy for you to do that. We should all be so lucky to have a poster like you around to tell us how things are done.

I'm going to start giving my pictures fake cuckchan filenames so you pop a vein in that dwarfed head of yours.

At least I renamed the original filename seconds after I saved the image. Yes, it's a nigger meme, but at least I can own the fact I made the filename a nigger meme instead of hiding behind a nipponese reaction image.

Why did you have to revive this depressing thread just to bitch about something that's even more sad than the state of gmod

You showed me.

Shame.
In before “hurr durr I can’t tell which TYPE of shame that refers to without an image description!” But I know that the thought that there ARE different uses of the word ‘shame’ won’t even cross your mind.

cool beans my man and nice meme

Welcome to imageboards, where you post images.

This is what happens when you have powerhungry child admins and whiny players who can't get good.

If you want reaction images, just ask.

No you idiots, here is how it works: a pre-exodus dated filename (before around Oct 2014-Jan 2015) is admissible because virtually everyone here I hope had browsed 4chan for a long time prior. If it's a cuckchan filename from that period, then it is proof that the person was still browsing after the first exodus, and therefore was fine with cuckoldry.

You know there are other imageboards that use that file name format, right?

Fuck man I only change the filename if I can think of something decent, otherwise I just leave it. Only the most biggest autists change every single filename in their folder.

dissapointment.jpg

>>>/out/

bump

You know what must be done i've been meaning to do one actually, but i definitely don't have time this week

All he wanted was to be liked be Holla Forums and Holla Forums, guys!

7chan-tier post