VIDEO GAMES YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF

Remember that game from your childhood, but can't remember the name of? Have you ever been reminded of something from a commercial that you always wanted to try, but now don't know it's name? Well here is where we anons can help each other out a bit.

I'll go first. This game was a dog fighting simulator where you fight aliens. It also had cutscenes with actual people, and not things that looked like origami. The pictures I've included are a vague representation of two enemies I remember. The first one is three legged enemy that shot a green ball of plasma at you, and the second enemy is a fighter. The fighter picture is the view you get from the side of the aircraft. It was pretty old, and everything looked like painted cardboard. I also remember that the first mission, or level ended with having to destroy some kind of mothership. Anyone know what I am talking about? It was pretty cool, I was playing it with a joystick at the time. I remember crashing into the mothership a lot because retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=t6Sdvm7-qL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you even trying anymore with your shitty OPs?

You're fucking retarded user.

No clue, but do you remember what platform you were playing it on, as well as the year? It helps.

Meant for OP.

It was on the PC. I should have mentioned that important detail. As for the year it was a long time ago as far as video games go, but it was probably early maybe late 90s.

Sounds like Shockwave Assault.

Descent maybe? Or probably Forsaken.

Don't know why but your description makes me think of those two.

Nintendo 64 game that was like mario 54 except for it had ufos and penguins. I think its Space Station Sillicon Valley but im not sure

That had both UFOs and penguins so maybe that's it.

You make me thing of attack of the mutant penguins, but that can't possibly be it.

WAHOO! That's it. Thanks user.

And thank you for the other suggestions. Will try them out.

There was this old Windows 3.11 thing that was mostly a Windows tutorial, but at the very end, you teamed up with Sherlock Holmes and Cleopatra on a time-traveling adventure using NOTEPAD.EXE and CALC.EXE to stop Professor Moriarty from taking over the world, or something like that. Does anyone know what it was called?

IT'S PIKACHU

Benis?

When I first got a PC in the mid 90's I remember getting a bunch of discs with cracked games on. One of them was a top down or maybe isometric game, you went through the jungle fighting enemies until you raided a giant ant/wasp hive kind of thing. When inside you defeated a boss and ate royal jelly to mutate to get stronger. Then I think you went to another area to continue on.
For the life of me I can't seem to find this game.

Nice

Nice gondola

nigga what did you do to that mp4?
You should be ashamed of youself

NES side-scrolling (like Streets of Rage) shooting game. You play as dude with motobike helmet who shoots enemies with bullets and rockets on the streets of modern city. Particularly pesky enemies where clowns. Also there were stages when you drive car on sidescroling stages.

it was probably made in a time, when the size limit was 4mb.

Anyway, I also have a game that I can't remember. It was made sometime between 94-99 for the PC(maybe it had a console port, I don't know). It was a 2D fighting game, but I think the characters and environments were in 3D. It had cutscenes, that I thought of as being cartoony, maybe they were cell-shaded, or maybe that's how I viewed early CGI cutscenes, or maybe they were actually animated either by a western company or a japanse one. The one stage that I clearly remember, and I think it's the first one, was a construction site during daylight, and there was also subway/parking lot during night time. The characters were realistic in proportions(no giants or midgets), abilities(no hadoukens), they were all human, some of them female, the most distinguishing thing about it, were the weapons they used, one had a longstaff, another had a pair of sais, one had a pair of tonfas, one had a thrre-section staff, and I think one of them had a hammer. The game was in English, but maybe it was made by a Japanese company, considering the exotic weapons it had.

Has to be Narc.

That's last bronx by sega

Holy shit, thank you so much user, that's the game.

Bingo!

Long shot, but it was a PC game about dinosaurs.
The goal of it was to collect a bunch of eggs, which would need to be warmed by some magic hatching stones or whatever they were called.
You did this by exploring different areas and switching between different eras. You could click on things to have the dino you played as explain them, and find minigames to get the eggs/stones.
At the end you'd use all the baby dinosaurs to do something that resulted in a T-rex being shoved off the island and sent to sea. I think a volcano was involved?

Its been like 15 years and I still can't find it.

I have two for consoles, both of them were probably marketed as educational and thus ha boring shovel-ware, but the faint memories gnaw at me.

First is one I think I remember seeing in toy stores a few times. If memory serves there were big buttons shaped like caterpillars on either the thing itself or the display demo.

The other I'd see in radio shack or the like. The demo had an owl that was constantly begging for someone to press a button on the controller or remote.

It's a longshot, and depends on you mis-remembering the details, but this?

Some educational game that ran on MAC OS I used to play back in elementary school. You were some kind of mountain climber/explorer on a snowy mountain that had you travel to different inns on the mountainside as you progressed up it, if I recall correctly. Shit was fun when you were 5.

No it wasn't Jurassic park based. Plus it was kid friendly, had like a cartoony dino jumping around between areas as you traveled. No humans at all in it.

Well this is bittersweet. I was typing up the description of this game I've been looking for for a long time when out of nowhere I remembered what it was called. Looked it up, the website is down, but I managed to find a download through the wayback machine. But then I run the game and I get this. Trying to connect just gives me an error.

Is there any way to get around this? I remember this game being a really interesting cyoa, though I never got far into it because you had to pay. Apparently they made it completely free a while ago, but it looks like I might have been too late.

Gondola?

It might have been one of the Land Before Time educational games. Only other thing that sounds close is Nanosaur but that wasn't cartoony at all.

Has to be Treasure Mountain or maybe a clone of it. That was a classic.

Here goes, no one has been able to help me with this so far

I'll try and think up of more, but this one is driving me crazy. It was an arcade game, and you were some guy driving around in an airboat. The level started with a chopper dropping off an item on top of you, and you had to make it through to the end of the level while dodging fucking ninjas. Once at the end, you had this wooden shack with bikini-clad women waiting for you to help unload your cargo. If you got enough points, one of them gave you a kiss on the cheek. You got points for driving through hoops and collecting shiny orbs. The camera was behind the main character and it reminded me a bit of Afterburner 2. The cabinets were actually right next to each other. Graphics were "pixel-y" but fairly detailed with shading. You used a wheel to steer.

Bonus levels involved jumping through burning hoops in an arena. Main character was some guy in cool shades and an orange life-jacket.

pls respond

Nope, going by the screenshots of both thats not it.
I swear it had fairly realistic backgrounds and dinosaurs, only the one you played as/guided you through it and the babies were toons.
Had like a pipe dream minigame in a cave somewhere.

Wait fuck I found it, Dinosaur Adventure 3D
Fuck me reddit came in handy for once.

I wish I could remember that game… can't even remember the game itself or what it is about.

I probably would've been pissed if I got this as a kid.

I mean when its the only game you got for like 3 hours after school in a construction office it was the shit.

I remember a flash game or similar format game where color-coded armies fought for control of planets. You could launch troops or missiles, both of which cost population from whatever planet you lanched them from. General strategy was to launch missles to kill enemy population and then overwhelming what was left with troops.
Contested planets were basically pie charts with the winning side chomping down like a Pacman when the opposing side was wiped out.

That sounds like a weird mix of Streets of Rage 2 and Golden Axe. I'm not sure if your memory is just distorted and mixing the two due to similar styles, or if somebody just made a weird hybrid game.

Dune series? Either Dune 2, 2000, or Emperor: Battle for Dune

it wasn't a very sandy game. it had forest and snowy maps too…
let me try.
thanks

hooktube.com/watch?v=t6Sdvm7-qL4
>that (((meme)))

so far it's looking really familiar… but I'm not sure yet. very excited!

the game has some shocking similarities but I can't help but feel as if it's off somehow. also, I don't remember all the cutscenes of people talking to each other but I remember that scene where they are sitting in an escape pod or drop ship and it's rattling and shaking and you can see all your guys sitting down, but I can't find that at all. it's probably not the same game… thanks for trying though dune anob.

user*

Here's mine. Top down shooter, made in the 90s. You're a government agent or some shit and you run around in a darkened building trying to survive assault by aliens/mutants/whatever with just your gun and your flashlight. A friend of mine played it all the time in computer class. No idea what the name was, but the filename for it was "tata2.exe". Ring any bells?

bump for everyone including me who hasn't found their game yet

Is that first vague shape a gondola benis?

This is obviously AT-AT at an angle where one leg obscure another.