Daily News Thread 2/26

Trump Administration Makes Its First Move to Build Border Wall

U.S. Customs and Border Protection issued a preliminary request for proposals Friday, saying it plans to release a formal solicitation around March 6 “for the design and build of several prototype wall structures in the vicinity of the United States border with Mexico.”
bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-24/trump-administration-makes-first-move-to-build-that-border-wall

Keith Ellison Loses DNC Race After Heated Campaign Targeting Him for His Views on Palestine

Minnesota Democratic Congressman Keith Ellison lost his bid to become the chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) on Saturday after a scorched-earth smear campaign targeting his religious faith, his affinity for the Nation of Islam in his youth, and his support for Palestinian rights alongside a secure Israel.
theintercept.com/2017/02/25/keith-ellison-loses-dnc-race-after-heated-campaign-targeting-him-for-his-views-on-palestine/

Aggressive cuts to Obama-era green rules to start soon: EPA head

U.S. President Donald Trump's administration will begin rolling back Obama-era environmental regulations in an "aggressive way" as soon as next week, the head of the Environmental Protection Agency said on Saturday.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-epa-idUSKBN1640S9

Trump Administration Cancels Back-Channel Talks With North Korea

After approving plans on Friday for informal talks in New York between a North Korean delegation and former American officials, the Trump administration reversed course hours later.
nytimes.com/2017/02/25/world/asia/white-house-north-korea-talks.html?ribbon-ad-idx=4&src=trending

Buoyed By Anti-Trump Activism, Democrat Wins Delaware Special Election

An army of volunteers, many from out of state, flooded the state Senate district for Stephanie Hansen.
huffingtonpost.com/entry/delaware-special-senate-election_us_58b22659e4b060480e089560

Underground network readies homes to hide undocumented immigrants

A group of religious leaders that goes by the name Rapid Response Team is preparing private homes to provide refuge to undocumented immigrants as the immigration crackdown broadens.
edition.cnn.com/2017/02/23/us/california-immigrant-safe-houses/index.html

D.C. Charter Teachers Seek to Unionize

If the Paul Public Charter School teachers succeed, they’d be the first unionized charter employees in the nation’s capital.
prospect.org/article/dc-charter-teachers-seek-unionize

AFL-CIO Dismissing Staff Amid Declines in U.S. Union Membership

The AFL-CIO is dismissing dozens of staff members as part of a restructuring amid continuing declines in union membership and fresh political threats to labor rights.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-23/afl-cio-dismissing-staff-amid-declines-in-u-s-union-membership

Jeremy Corbyn to take 'share of responsibility' for Copeland defeat

Labour leader says party unity is key to success as deputy Tom Watson calls on Unite boss Len McCluskey to show support.
theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/26/jeremy-corbyn-take-responsibility-labour-copeland-byelection-defeat

Germany’s Schulz and Merkel neck and neck in poll

SPD and CDU would tie with 32 percent of the vote.
politico.eu/article/germanys-schulz-and-merkel-neck-and-neck-in-poll-election-2017/

No debt relief for Greece, Germany's deputy finance minister says

Greece must not be granted a "bail in" that would involve creditors taking a loss on their loans, Germany's deputy finance minister said in an interview broadcast on Sunday.
reuters.com/article/us-eurozone-greece-germany-idUSKBN1650AX

More Trouble for Uber: 100,000 Drivers in India Went on Strike

The 13-day strike is slowing down as government officials meet with ridesharing companies and their drivers. But Uber India's problems are far from over.
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/more-trouble-for-uber-10000-drivers-in-india-went-on-strike

Other urls found in this thread:

currentaffairs.org/2017/02/they-must-be-trying-to-fail/
nytimes.com/2017/02/24/realestate/small-co-ops-nyc.html
theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/26/robert-mercer-breitbart-war-on-media-steve-bannon-donald-trump-nigel-farage
prospect.org/article/portable-benefits-insecure-workforce
nytimes.com/2017/02/24/upshot/the-big-question-for-the-us-economy-how-much-room-is-there-to-grow.html?_r=0
broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/a-cult-member-turned-expert-explains-how-anyone-can-be-brainwashed
politico.com/story/2017/02/pentagon-survey-twitter-facebook-military-politicization-235378
reddit.com/r/trees/comments/5wbop3/as_a_libertarian_who_supported_trump/
np.reddit.com/r/eldertrees/comments/5b3wue/misinformation_alert_stopthepot_trump_trolls/
congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/861
thegatewaypundit.com/2017/02/tom-perez-white-people-not-entitled-protection-voting-rights-act/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Brandenburg_Airport
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuttgart_21
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbphilharmonie
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP/EDs

They Must Be Trying To Fail

By failing to appoint Keith Ellison to chair the DNC, Democrats have written their suicide note.
currentaffairs.org/2017/02/they-must-be-trying-to-fail/

Small Co-ops: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

In a city like New York, where buildings with 50 apartments or more are common, a small co-op “can feel not so cold, not so impersonal, more a cup-of-sugar-from-your-neighbor kind of thing,” said Kathy Braddock.
nytimes.com/2017/02/24/realestate/small-co-ops-nyc.html

Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media

With links to Donald Trump, Steve Bannon and Nigel Farage, the rightwing US computer scientist is at the heart of a multimillion-dollar propaganda network
theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/26/robert-mercer-breitbart-war-on-media-steve-bannon-donald-trump-nigel-farage

Portable Benefits for an Insecure Workforce

Why Americans need portable benefits, what those benefits should look like, and how those benefits can be created and funded.
prospect.org/article/portable-benefits-insecure-workforce

The Big Question for the U.S. Economy: How Much Room Is There to Grow?

The most important issue for the United States economy in 2017 and beyond is whether it’s near its speed limit.
nytimes.com/2017/02/24/upshot/the-big-question-for-the-us-economy-how-much-room-is-there-to-grow.html?_r=0

A Cult Member Turned Expert Explains How Anyone Can Be Brainwashed

Dr. Alexandra Stein was brainwashed by a Marxist-Leninist sect as a young woman. Now she studies them for a living.
broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/a-cult-member-turned-expert-explains-how-anyone-can-be-brainwashed

Twitter and Facebook are politicizing the military

A Pentagon survey finds alarming numbers of officers sharing politically charged opinions on social media, researchers say. They say public trust in the military could be at stake.
politico.com/story/2017/02/pentagon-survey-twitter-facebook-military-politicization-235378

AFL-CIO deserves to die after endorsing so many anti-union politicians. Hopefully a union with a fucking spine can emerge to actually doing something useful in the modern economy.

The dems deserve death even more. Corbyn and Bernie need to stop taking credit for other peoples failures and take a little bit of the arrogant Trump attitude about things already. Wave your cock around and let it hit people, this is a new era of politics and people don't care about meekness.

They can't seriously pull this off, can they?

For one, there's no way it'll be completed during Trump's 4 year term. He's either not running again or losing the 2020 election, or not fulfilling his first term due to impeachment, resignation, or maybe assassination. Would his successor (even Pence) really go through with it?

What about the massive cost, danger to the environment, impossibility of a contiguous wall due to landscape, and ease of immigrants still bypassing it (either by tunneling, climbing, or bribing border patrol like they already do). And a total expulsion of all undocumented immigrants will kneecap the US economy.

The wall is such a short-sighted, downright stupid idea. I can't fathom it'll ever actually get built. Pisses me the fuck off to hear they're taking the first steps, though.

This is true. If they're hoping Anti-Trump sentiment will win them the senate, they're mistaken. It'll usher in a new wave of progressives, which the DNC is going to do everything in it's power to dam up.

Bernie must realize that the democratic elite are hellbent on self-destruction. It's clear that they're going to give Trump a free pass and they fight their own base instead.

Congress probably won't fund it, at least not all of it simply due to voting base and eminent domain that'd have to be enacting on typically conservative regions

lmao

well this isn't faggoty propaganda, especially since it shows up at a time when Burgerland is disillusioned with two-party politics and being pushed to the extremes of left and right

It's funny, since you can also apply this to the grander scale of current society. Tankies are shit though.

tonight we're gonna party like it's 1929

I sincerely hope Trump builds a massive barbed wired, electrified security wall with guard towers, machine gunners, searchlights, cameras everywhere, dogs/barracks posted along it, armored cars and right wing militias patrolling it. I hope he deports millions of people, imprisons about a million in private immigrant detention centers, I hope there's widespread reports of militias murdering/raping/kidnapping people, rape and abuse within the detention centers against vulnerable detainees, I hope that whole communities are deported, whole communities destroyed by his anti-immigration moves. I hope that frat boys start harassing mexicans at school, reporting people to ICE. I hope there are anti-mexican pogroms and protests from right wingers in SoCal and the SW. I hope he pull every trick out of the bag

Why you ask?

Because this is what his coded language was about. This is what he really wants. Its a silent Nazi masturbation fantasy. Lets have at it. Let the idiot mexican liberal/progressives scream bloody murder, let Trump "clean up fun". The the dialectic play out. Allow him to reveal the pure evil of unshackled State power. Show the whole world how awful we really are deep down. Put a wedge between Anglo and Hispanic culture. Really burn the whole thing down, all the progress we've made between race relations. Just let it come crashing down. There's no reason to hide the implicit fascism within the right wing anymore. They want fascism/monarchy, the left wants Republics/Democracy. Show the world the irreconcilable dichotomy between the two, and how gay both sides are. Let the SJW's riot, let Trump call for Marshal Law and let the police state apparatus that Clinton/Obama/Both Bushes have built up be unleashed upon our most vulnerable people.

Dehumanize your self and face to bloodshed

hnnng anarchos are so cute :3

this sounds like a masturbation fantasy too

Reminder that animu pics make anything 100% less relevant and these threads would do better without it.

No, its my desire for honesty and openness from authoritarian political movements. Just stop fronting and do what you want to do. I sincerely want Trump to drop the act and just go full turbo techno-fascist state capitalism.

We will never be able to overthrow the US govt. if it goes down the fascist route. It will spread its cancer all over the globe, this is not what we need

time to go back

It will destroy itself, retards given fire will burn their own house down in due time. I've watched it happen, give stupid people some catalytic substance or function that allows them great power and they'll destroy themselves and their source of power in due time.

What progress would that be? The white libcuck asking his Mexican landscaper for guac recipes and what parts of Mexico are nice to vacation in pays him slave wages in cash all the same.

how autistic and alienated are you to wish for the suffering of millions?

cunt

I'm not autistic and i'm alienated because most of the people in my culture are barely sentient and want more police state and more socialized violence. I'm giving the people what they want :^)

fag

interracial marriage. whites being cool with having mexican friends and neighbors. whites not sperging out when spanish is spoken around them. mexicans not behaving like apes because they imitate white etiquette

it looks like the badger's on fire the way that's shot

I do love the animu grills but don't put it together with news or anything serious.

So being the Slave labor class with no steady source of work is okay as long as Cletus sometimes knocks up Juanita.

HUH. I thought this board was supposed to be full of materialists.

Daily reminder that we can have glorious critiques of Stirner threads like we just did as soon as we rid Holla Forumsyps.

Putting cute grills alongside news has been a old tradition of Holla Forums, 3D or 2D

more like something a single person forced xaxaxa

Well, this week is the final nail in the coffin, by failing to throw us a big with Ellison, the Democratic party can rest assured that trump will have 2 terms.

m8 great depression 2.0 is going to start in the next 4 years, no way trump gets another term unless he makes himself dictator and abolishes elections or something

Yeah It's possible, but maaan…. It's really hard to predict exactly when a collapse will happen. But to be honest since the DNC went with "no ideas" perez. It really looks like trumps gonna get term 2.

That's not going far enough. You need to really give the people what they want.

Privatize everything. Destroy the Federal government. No more government health care, no more public schools, and so on. Give them a real Christian dictatorship of capital.

browsing through stoner subreddits is pretty funny now because a ton of them voted for trump

top kek
why?

Daily reminder to STOP LARPING CHRISTIANITY you tedious liberal wanker.

just shit like this
reddit.com/r/trees/comments/5wbop3/as_a_libertarian_who_supported_trump/
after
np.reddit.com/r/eldertrees/comments/5b3wue/misinformation_alert_stopthepot_trump_trolls/

I just think it's funny when idiots vote for the regular parties and then get upset that they got what they voted for

How does Trump get people to protect their values onto him so well? Weed smokers somehow think Trump will be the legalization candidate despite ample evidence to the contrary. My own fucking family thinks Trump's destruction of Obamacare was a masterstroke that will pave the way for the implementation of an American NHS despite no evidence for this being the case.

project, rather

apparently he's not sorry for all the other shitty things trump has done or will do, he's just sorry about some fucking plant

He's a libertarian so it's not so surprising

nope

if libertardians were ideologically consistent they would be anarchists

A lot of "libertarians" are just liberals who like guns and dude weed lmao. the hardcore libertarians are now monarchists or ethno-nationalist who think that True Liberty liberty can only exist with a hwyte nation that bans women from voting and has an absolutist central government to enforce property rights.

>congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/861
SECTION 1. TERMINATION OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY.

We're charging deep into accelerationist territory now, folks.

absolute madman

Well I don't necessarily see it as a huge detriment exactly, although it does kill off the aca->public option ending up better than anything else->effective single-player. It's not going to happen unless the dems (or some other emergent party) gets their heads out of their asses before 2020 anyway, and Trump killing the aca could play a role in that.

you cucks can't even get rid of corporate democrats and expect to achieve anything at all?

Hoo boy, this is going to sting.

thegatewaypundit.com/2017/02/tom-perez-white-people-not-entitled-protection-voting-rights-act/

true?

Don't ever think imperialists can't pull off imperial projects.

We do know neoliberals can't.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Brandenburg_Airport
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuttgart_21
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbphilharmonie

Sadly i fear if trump wants that wall then there will be a wall. Let's hope he doesn't want one. Also let's protest because lots of endangered animals are threatened and it is also a dick move to the non-threatened animals.
I would also argue for the mexicans but those will just build even bigger tunnels. Maybe hire someone from Hamas or Hezbollah. Or buy a ladder or something.

Contractors are already submitting proposals, it's pretty much going to happen.

Yup, this massive monument to stupidity will happen, probably funded by a tariff because the average person doesn't understand economics. In other news, I can't wait to corner the underground avocado market.

What rights whites will have when Mexicans take their over the legislative branches? No protection? Sounds like white people have some organizing to do, or immigration needs to be stopped before we all kill each other.