British Video Games Thread

What are the best bong games ever made? Posting my top 5.

I imagine at least one of the GTAs should make the cut.

Anything by Codemasters.
Colin McRae, Dirt, Grid, OpFlash.

Loved most of what Rare made back in the day, glad one of the best Bond games was made in its home country. My personal picks would be Donkey Kong Country and Bullfrogs games.

One question. Is Tomb Raider just like Turok 1?

Come to think of it a surprising amount of good racing vidya is made in the UK.

Timesplitter series and GTA:SA were my favourites.

Xenoblade was made by Nips.

Arkham Asylum is from the UK?

Runescape is also a British game but I'm not sure I'd put it in 'best ever made'.

Rocksteady are a British developer yes.

Rocksteady is from London

I forgot to add: they also made Urban Chaos: Riot Response, a thoroughly underrated PS2 game that gets brought up on Holla Forums now and then.

Rare before the sellout was a big contender. So did Bullfrog. Too bad UK devs eventually did the same thing their leaders did centuries ago and gave everything to kikes for free.

Not exactly the best game ever, but a pretty good turn-based strategy game that doesn't rely on RNG crap. Just pure player calculations.

I'll also give them props for the advancement of the computer as a whole. I'll admit my personal hatred of the nation historically. Englishmen cannot be snobbed about the early progress of automated computing machines. They were a huge, if not the biggest contribution, in the early creation of that field.

Strictly speaking the game is pretty RNG in the asymmetrical level generation. Even in multiplayer, it doesn't give a shit if it ends up being unfair for one player, which I kind of admire about it.

Let's hope for more British quality products like XC1, top gem.

That's turn based tactics user, not tbs.
Otherwise it is indeed pretty good but people stick to only the boring 'kill all the other fuckers' mode to help deal with the randomly generated maps and that gets samey. Also fuck the shield unit they added in later, you can abuse them by moving and toggling the shield on and off repeatedly to sprint around invincibly.

codemasters is owned by pajeet now

Sadly I fear nothing worthwhile is owned by real Brits anymore. If it's not Jews, it's pajeets, mudslimes or cunt traitors fucking those outsiders running the show. I don't blame the native male young adults for turning to hard drugs, as degenerate as it is. I've never seen a nation so hellbent on becoming a prison state to the best they directly raised during certain generations. The worst is they don't even have butter knives to fight against it after all those campaigns.

I only knew 007 games for that awfull art and that FPS one from PC I can't remmember its name. Its really good?

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for that matter was actually very nice, even more so if you can find the version that lets you use KB+M on PC. Original controls might have aged like milk though. I couldn't care less since the last time I played I went on a week long upper bender and cleared play throughs of both on 00/perfect agent using an original N64. By the way KB+M makes every mission piss easy if you're remotely used to playing FPS on PC.

95' actuallyI just don't like FPS console games because aiming and shooting feels like shit on a controller compared with KB+M

The only way I was able to enjoy goldeneye was by being exposed to it before I ever knew how to play FPS games with a M+KB. Aiming in goldeneye is a lot more about tricking the aimbot and actually using the C-pad to look up and down than anything else. However only advanced players know to use the C-pad, it can make you so much more deadly because it helps trick the aimbot into locking onto headshots more.

You missed a few.

Xenoblade Chronicles is a japanese game

I am disappointed. There are no more british video game than xenoblade.

is that why there's ghandi on the right?

The art design is fucking nauseating though.

I'll tolerate it if the core gameplay is the same but more polished.

It really is that. You can just use glitches and abuse the fact that the AI is dumb as bricks to breeze through the objectives.

I loved the british dub for that game but the voice acting for the MC in XC2 makes me legit want to choke the fucker to death. Did they hire a gypsy or a bum to do the voice acting for that guy? Listening to him speak was like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

Pen looks straight out of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in this picture.

This game was great as it was and the VAs really fucking nailed it. How was the sequel that came out?

a question answerable by 5 seconds on youtube

no

Driver 1 is the best driving game ever made.

That's just for the cities, like most european countries everyone on the countryside has a weapon for hunting.

perfect dark

Jagex and Rebellion are British, both are pretty okay, the former less than the latter.

I'll fucking say

Penn lost weight because he had heart issues.

Perfect Dark makes GoldenEye look like a prototype demo.

Japanese game with a good bong translation. If Xenoblade counts this does too.

Why didn't the EHRMIIIGARGH succeed in Burgerland?

Gex had way better VO in Bongland too.

Bullfrog is british?
I loved Theme Park World.

One of the very fews games set in the north of England. The night time sequences scared the shit out of me.

Impeccable taste.

Scotland?

I mean the north of England. 62 West Wallaby Street, Wigan

You ever see someone from the North of England react to being called a Southerner by a Scot? It's brilliant, loads of them build an identity on being from The North that they forget theres a whole country on the island even further North and to the inhabitants of which they're Southerners just like the "Southerners" that they resent.
Crazy Southerners.

There's literally nothing confusing about it when you know to make the distinction between England and Britain. They are calling themselves Northerners, with reference to being from the North of England.

Got just the thing for you

AUTISM

The Irish are doing the Simpsons thing now too?

Fucking forgot about this shit.
Genuinely keked at this one. That fucking Flanders face.

noice

FUCK

are there any games where I can remove the (((british)))?

I heartily recommend Silent Storm and Blitzkrieg

problem, paddy?

also

It did indeed.

It's one of those games that often isn't mentioned enough because those that know it take it for granted.

Conflict was a British series?

Rare is an american company, jim

Did you even play Conkers Bad Furday? Shit's as Northern as you get.

Silent Storm would be a lot better if it didn't when suddenly Panzerklein you.

It's basically this picture.
It's good but a very different beast from XC1

I'm ok with this.

Fucking keked

Someone needs to revise the NOA version of that to more properly reflect the current year