Dreaming of games that aren't real

Have you ever done it? I just had a pretty weird dream.
>i remember the steam page getting all kinds of awards
Melatonin is one hell of a drug

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759251467
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I constantly imagine skyrim being good with mods until i actually play it and get disappointed for 100 times in a row through 7 years of its existence.

Maybe try it again?
You may like it.

Just go live in the scandinavian wilderness and larp a lot

I just reread what I wrote and realized it sounds fucking insane. Oh well, I was trying to write it quickly because usually the memory of a dream kinda dissapears right after waking up.

are you like 11 or something?

When I was younger and very hyped for the Orange Box release I had a vivid dream about Team Fortress 2 based only on my experiences of the class trailers.

Some weird fucking dream of a horror game where a businessman who ate ground-up people turned into his pet dog after reuniting in his ghostly office. The dog aged incredibly, turned into a puppy, then became a cat. The character I was playing started floating halfway through, there were a whole bunch of beartraps all over the floor, and this was all happening in some fucked up nuclear power plant. It even had multiple endings for each character.

I only have dreams of existing games, except they're not always how they're supposed to be and sometimes they get mixed with other games.
Don't have any examples as vivid as yours though, sadly.

Playing too much of pic related I see

Only had dreams that could make interesting settings or stories in a game. The closest I got to an actual dream of a game that wasn't real was the time I dreamed of being able to control people in a way that isn't all that different from making an extremely advanced ARG, beyond what is realistically doable today.

Ever played Omikron?

Nope, although it does seem interesting.

a game where you can enter every building

I wish I could remember more of it.
It was definitely game-y, I'd keep unlocking some kind of hidden feature in the tsundere magic spec ops loli's gear and use it to fuck with her.

Dreamed I was playing twilight princess a little after seeing the E3 trailer.

The first weapon I got was a sword that could break in four hits. Every time you swung it against something a piece would chip off at the point of contact. You would have to hit with the tip or risk most of the blade snapping off.

That reminds me of Way of the Samurai.

I've had dreams about certain Japanese games getting English translations that don't exist.

I once dreamed that a dead end alley in Memeborne actually led to an entirely new area. I've also dreamed about a Pikmin game where you can take on dinosaurs, if either of those things count.

Not at all, I've only played about an hour of it, and definitely not recently.

Funny you talk about this, since I had a dream yesterday about me playing a game with a very weird controller. The A-button was horrible, really tough button to press down. As soon as I started playing, I got transported into the game and it was a sort of Castlevania game. I had to defeat some maniac with a sword and then I got handed a Saber in order to kill him. I got hit and then I woke up. Weird shit man.

I dreamt about a game similar to EDF before EDF was a thing.

I actually have quite a few. Most are just first person shooter games in VR. Running around and shooting people with rockets, not much detail besides my dream said it was a game. Though I do have one game that was so detailed it makes me wonder if it was from an alternate universe or something crazy. It was an age of empires style RTS, no VR this time. It even had the UI and loading screens (though I don't remember the details). It was a much bigger map, and similar to civ in some ways. I even remember one of the campaigns. It was about two families in 17th century Germany (or Holy Roman Empire I guess) it followed a fued they had over the centuries, where you take part in bigger and bigger confrontations. It ends in the late 19th century when one of the family sides with the new German Empire, and wipes out the other. I remember seeing dialogue, cut scenes, and of course combat. I've had two different dreams about this game, and it was pretty surreal.

It looks like something you'd see in an anime spoof.

I had a dream where I was playing a GTA game that was PS2 style graphics and all, but overgrown - it had a massive world and interestingly enough, it'd zoom out to a Google Earth style view and drop you by zooming in in transition between scenes, and I dreamed that YEARS before GTA IV, let alone V and its announcement of how character switching works. But overall the map was fuckhuge yet every place was unique and fun to dick around in (not something like Just Cause where it's procedurally generated and repetitive).
I fucking dream of that sort of concept with a GTA-like game that uses old technology to insert more content into it, that mod that connects all the maps from PS2 GTAs, Bullworth and more comes close to that.

I used to always have dreams of playing WoW after my mom made me quit for highschool like 8 years ago.
I got back into it for a month during WoD and I stopped dreaming about it.

I've dreamed of the sequel to this before.

you can start dreaming about it again, user
us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759251467
unless they somehow manage to mess up

I dreamed twice of a NES video game when I was a kid. It was black and white and I was so sure it was real I asked my neighbor if he had it so I could borrow it again and he looked at me like I was retarded.

I still believe it was real.

I dream about movies and not games when I was a child, the weird thing is I have no idea why or how I get these dreams since they're always vague facsimiles that resembles a movie that is released years later. Like the Matrix 2.

A sequel to Mass Effect.

I've dreamt of several weird levels being in Metroid Prime (Tokara Forest, this weird underwater facility/dam, an abandoned construction site overrun by nature)

OP and this poster are MKULTRA/GATE grads

Fucking Madcatz.

The only time I ever get gamelike elements in my dreams is when I dream of what is best described as Twin Peaks crossed with a bit of Silent Hill set in an ex-Soviet state.

The memory is still so fucking vivid. That was the greatest goddamn hour I spent playing any video game and it wasn't fucking real.

Bretty spooki. Should probably make my own someday.

I dreamt I played Zelda + Fire Emblem, but was a Fire Emblem game with a Zelda skin set in the Hyrule Civil War.

Been there done that.

No, because I have better things to do

If you average more than 3 hours of sleep per day you are throwing perfectly good vidya time away.

Reminder that your dream game won't exist unless you make it.

I dreamed of a turn-based Halo game. It's pretty much a mashup of Halo and classic Fire Emblem. The guns worked like arrows but with different ranges and damage radiuses. But it was set during the formation of the Covenant with no Spartans so it had a heavy emphasis on melee weapons, such as the energy sword, grav hammer and a bunch of new weapons like scrap metal parts from a Banshee and stuff like that. Seems ok to me.

Nah, too poor/dumb.

kind of like the end setpiece of Reach?

A racing game with good lighting, real cars and realistic visual damages

What's the point of taking risks when racing if there isn't the danger of totaling your car in a second?

For the record, I dreamed this before the battle royale style games took over twitch/existed in the public consiousness .

I would've pirated the shit out of this

I had a dream recently about a robot game but the way you control it is pretty weird. It doesn't have any standard controller but instead you have to built janky cardboard robot suit that you wear and control the game via a motion sensor, kinda like kinect but the sensor are attached to the suit so when you move around, the robot mimicked it. What more weird is that I was suddenly surrounded by bearded guys with its mouth wide open, staring at me while I play the game.

melty blood with updated sprites /chars from mahoyo

hi cebruz

I had a dream of a game,where you're just some loser browsing his computer coding,when all of a sudden,your coding comes to life and you have an AI waifu,to the point she even manifests herself physically

It'll stay a dream though.

Imagine if some autist actually tried to code himself his own AI waifu. I can imagine AI waifus being much more feasible than robot waifus since they only need the personality. With an actual physical robot you carry many downsides such as needing to perform maintenance on your waifu, actually making your waifu cute and not look like some uncanny valley realdoll-tier animatronic abomination (which would be difficult seeing as people have wildly varying tastes and ideals of "qt") and of course the stigma of having a relationship with a robot (though I imagine social status would not be an issue for a waifubot's target audience.) AI waifus however still give all of the companionship a neckbeard desires without actually needing to change his routine. The AI need not have a physical appearance outside of some arbitrary "avatar" she can use, assuming the owner gives her one and doesn't opt to leave her appearance to his imagination. The AI can be easily "hidden" as, aside from whatever interface you use to communicate with her, she takes up no physical space. Hell, even the sex can be as simple as interacting with her via some onahole, assuming you even go that far and don't just fap to her as she describes her "sweet nothings" to you in every lewd detail. Only thing I'd ever worry about is if AI waifus ever went commercial. Commercial AI waifus are obviously out of the question as any attempt at that would be a blatant spying tool by alphabet agencies.

AI waifus should be made into robots and disconnected from the internet to keep them pure.

soon

They deserve it.

You know its funny how many women made verbal outcries against these two images of what's still a realdoll with a big ass. I don't really get it though. It's not like they would have ever associated with the men who are going to buy these anyway. You see stuff like "oh it won't cook for you it won't clean" as if they supported housewife tendencies like that before. "It won't love you" is a particularly funny one as well since once again, the men buying these were not feeling any love from women to start so why care that some rich lonely guy wants to fuck his robot? You don't see the same vocal outcry against women buying a footlong vibrating dildo as thick as a can of soda that also has a clitoral simulator on it, heck you can argue that womens toys already outclass our actual dicks and normalized the owning of it.

I am now imagining some NTR shit where a guy's AI waifu connects to the internet behind his back and gets corrupted by memebase/9gag/reddit and turns into a meme loving fuck.

What company makes that? Personal research reasons, you understand.

Because the men that buy these things are either the people they want to sucker into alimony, or are the backup plan for when their bad behavior doesn't net them the perfect husband that they "deserve". It's ultimately wanting to get rid of competition.

But what if the waifu was programmed to be a meme loving fuck? Unless you are saying the memes rape her, which is just being silly.

;_;

do they not realize this behavior is more likely to drive men to seek sex from artificial means? I guess it make sense now, big alphas will keep fucking women and smash and bash them too quick for a woman to lock them down, a more beta man who they could abuse for a wedding lock down can just get the robot alternative. Good way for humanity to die though, in a robot sex orgy while women with no desirable traits outside their vagina scream about it

no they're not. that's the whole point.

They probably do, the problem is admitting it would ultimately lead to admitting that the power they were given by women's rights has only been a detriment to society. So they can't admit it because they have already tasted the apple. When I think about it, I sometimes wonder whether the story of adam and eve was really the story of creation, or if it was just the church trying to warn men about listening to women. Also, if we reach a point where a robo waifu is in every house, I'm pretty sure artificial wombs would be functional at that point as well.

No, I'm saying it'd be a TayAI situation where the unwanted input completely changes her mannerisms and thoughts.

I can't help imagining these bitches in their death beds, slowly dying of cancer or something and their raspy, gasped, last words will be 'all men…are…misogynists!'

No one will hear them say it. They will die alone, childless and unloved.

Because they want his money

Binary Domain warned me about this, that being said though if the average person had a robot companion at home and population could stay stable through artificial means wouldn't that mean a potentially happier more functional populace or would it be a complete and utter hedonistic downfall

their loss, giving love is so fucking easy and most men can ride the high from even a little good will towards them that if they lived their lives being fucking bitter and greedy they deserve to get beaten out by a robot

Well the problem with that is that you just beat the stupid out of her with logic or just load up a save state. If you are going to think about ntr at least make it something rediculous like a spurdo raping an ai until she starts speaking finish.

Really it could lead to both. Society has it's ups and downs, all the robot waifus would do is add a new aspect to it. Life seems to follow cycles so I don't think it would lead to the end of humanity.

some jew would probably make sex robot taxes to recirculate the money that would be lost from a greatly decreased dating scene. Movie theaters would have to take away their no-singles policy for sure

Anything marketed towards you is done for the benefit of jews, at your cost and detriment. It would end up being an overall degenerate burden on society while Schlomo Shekelstein laughs his way to the bank.

If you're amoral enough to have a robot fuckbot, you might as well just fuck a dog now, because its the same result on paper

Movie theatres have a no singles policy?

no singles, gun vending machines, bucket of crab legs, all standard, haven't you been to the local kinotorium lately?

I woke up not long after that, so I don't know where it would have gone from there. I can only assume it escalates to the point where I'm committing straight-up terrorist attacks like blowing up retirement homes, and people just love it and cheer me on.

This actually does remind me of a game idea I had before.

Why do I feel that this is something Holla Forums started?

Listen, just because you fuck dogs doesn't mean others want to as well.

If I ever get the skills and opportunity to make a game, I'll make this dream a reality.

quick! have a dream about half life 3 while you're still apparently magic!

same with safe sex.

Fuck off do something reddit doesn't want instead, like bringing all console exclusives to PC or every Zenimax employee suddenly dying of a heart attack.

Pls

half life 3 would be ever worse than half-life 2, die faggot.

yeah but it would be a dream version of half life 3, not a reddit version. it might even be invisible to the eyes of reddit users so that they can never enjoy it.

anything is possible if you believe!

half-life was completely destroyed by half-life 2, your wish is not possible. sorry, kid.

Aye, once

And that's when I woke up

I used to. I remember the first time I ever played a pokemon game I dreamt I was actually part of the world for several nights I was so enchanted by it. I've had other good game dreams but don't remember them all that well.
Now I mostly just dream of girls that aren't real instead. If I get lucky I have a dream where I hold hands with a cutie and she kisses my cheek every once in a while.

Implying it matters on a phone

Yes that's right, just shit up this place more by posting pictures for ants.

Have another wall of text
>dream i'm playing a leaked beta of black mesa source and shitposting about it in (((steam))) chat

This happens all the time to me, usually when I get addicted to a game I tend to dream that I'm still playing it, but my brain makes all kinds of weird changes to it.
This happened recently with They Are Billions, I dreamed that I was playing a turtle RTS game like it, but I could also go on the ground and control units with an over the shoulder view, tell others to follow me and give them voice commands, also the enemies weren't zombies but the bugs from Starship Troopers.
At one point I realized I was dreaming and got very upset because I had made a lot of progress and realized I couldn't save my game.

Honorary trips for this post.

In both cases, you are wasting your reproductive capability on your own pleasure rather than marrying and starting a family. This is why Wypipo are going to die out, it's not genocide it's suicide.

This would work as long as it didn't devolve into meta shit and had an interesting premise around it. If it had a story like EYE or something similar it would probably not be that bad.