Gimmicks

Let's discuss gimmicks in vidya and why they are cancer. Have you ever fallen for a gimmick? Has there ever been a useful or a good gimmick ?

If it's useful or good it's not a gimmick.

Yeah, I thought the wii remote and wagglan was unironically good.

Is switch a gimmicky product?

POST DELETED

why are mods so upset about some memes

What? Why

No.
No.

Post other exanples, i want to see the mosr ridiculous shit

They hit too close to home

Just fuck off already.

Does shit like this count too

t. pic

I still think its a shame not many fps games were able to try the wii controls.

Is there a config file or something that makes emu mario galaxy just work with no waggle?

You know WHY people hate you and your shitty cuckchan memes? Because switch is actually a good console and mario odyssey together with zelda breath of the wild are fucking masterpieces. Now i am waiting for metroid prime 4 hoping this shitty cardboard box thing won't affect it.
"Bing boing wahoo" is a meme that offends serious switch players, and probably done by sonnygers.

for bowling, tennis and the like it was awesome and fun but when you have to shake it while playing new mario bros it was mostly unnecessary
it was also nice to use it as a mouse in menus

Please don't try and associate those that don't want cuckchanners shitting up the board with your consolewar faggotry.

BUT THEY ARE THE ONES WHO POST CONSOLEWAR SHIT YOU STUPID MONGOLOID!

It's not so much a consolewar meme, more a "nu-males love their nintendo products" meme. It's clearly targeted at the culture, not the product.

This thread is a gimmick.
It's gimmick is that it's shit.

They're not even traditional Unix timestamps since the 4chan ones are longer than the ones on Holla Forums. Milliseconds or a random number appended? That said it only matters if they're past a certain date.

OP is a fag is kind of the default state though.

FMVs and walktalkie segments are still by far the worst things ever introduced into gaming. At least pointer controls are fine as a concept no matter how badly incompetent developers fuck it up.

So where did this shit even start though? Soyboy reeks of reddit self-censorship. They won't call them what they really are because that would be homophonic.

Nigga, even Zeldafags say BotW isn't very good.

No, but it looks awful.

It gets used because it always gets a reaction, same as cuck.

Of course but it's very obvious when the timestamp is from days ago.

It sounds really fucking gay, just like every other word with boy in it.

No it isn't. Too much of a battery guzzler to be portable, too weak to be a home console, and the removeable controller is nothing but a gimmick that's only appealing for little children.

You always were a kidder.

Zelda botw is a barebone insult to every other zelda, and even less of one than skyward. The thing is it is tied to skyward in being the worst zelda, but I could at least find nice things in skyward, I cant find anything in skyward.

*cant find anything of value in botw.

FMV is better than in game cutscenes.

You're talking like Zelda is a good series to begin with.

FMVs are expensive. The 90s was a time of excess.

What else would you consider it?

I hated the Wii so much. It was 5 years of cringe. It brought in people who couldn't be assed to learn how to use a controller.

It didn't expand the audience since they all fucked off to mobile and tablet. I have more respect for people who play Life is strange than that Wii bowling shit.

Luckily all hypes end.

The Wiimote was a pretty cool controller, better than joysticks in some ways. With FPS games you don't need aimassist for example.

More expensive than mocaps and face capture?

The same 90s where only nintendo and sega dared to create multimillion dollar games?

VR gives depth of field. It works wonderfully with driving games and FPS games when done correctly, and it's the best for driving games since you only need to sit down.

I like the Switch, but this isn't the reason. It's because it's obnoxious, spammy and is just general cancer all around. Think of it like Amerimutt, one or two images is fine. But spam that shit without any prior posts and you're just asking for it.

If you have any questions take it to the meta thread.

I only liked the Wiimote and Nunchuck control scheme.

Let's see your shit taste and I'm referring exclusively to controllers.

Xbox One controller for 3D

Sega Saturn controller for 2D

Remember 10 years ago when we thought this and Kinect were as bad as it could get?

Now instead of buying a $40 piece of plastic to hold your controller, you can buy a $70 sheet of cardboard, that you can fold into the shape of a steering wheel, that will last 2 weeks tops against the abuse that children put their toys through.

Why the fuck would you buy an Xbone? It didn't even get the possibility to be a Scalebound machine.

At least the 360 wasn't no games shit you could also play whatever music you owned in the background at all times for whatever entertainment.

Is the Steel Battalion controller gimmicky too?

I had a steering wheel controller for my PS1 and I used that shit for just about everything. Especially Spyro.

It's fucking baby tier banter. If an easily filtered halfassed image actually riles anyone up to the point that they have to report and sperg out over it then in my opinion they shouldn't even be posting.
Either that or you go all the way through and nuke every shitpost on the board which is just unfeasible

Honestly I just hope we can use 3D printing for things like the Wheel and Pedel. I like the idea of custom accessories, but not with fucking cardboard

Yes but, you see, the wii steering wheel sucked cock.

Well yeah, which is why I said one or two images is fine. It's when it becomes obnoxious is when it becomes a problem.

No wonder.

But just like filter the fucking image man. The more anons get riled up, the more you get riled up, the more it will be posted.

Well of course it did, it was just a plastic shell. We need to see if Labo is much better in both accuracy and usability than a plastic shell. Additionally we need to see how it works with 3D printing, because right now I see it nothing more as a joke.

Oh hi Mark!

Image filtering is not a function available to me, and besides it's not the image itself.

O~hio

Last post since this thread's getting derailed, I mean just hide the images you dislike, and tell the babies who are extra hurt by said images to do the same. The faster it becomes normal the faster it'll stop being overposted.

How is 3 images in one thread spam?

Alright, but like I said. I have to take care of it when it becomes spam.

Not three images, but rather nine images with no text and no contributions to any threads.

Nope, never actually had soy. I'm a milk and steak kinda guy.

Gimmicks are still slightly better than the follow the leader "perfect" game design plaguing the industry.

EXTERMINATE THE GAYS

Well yeah, but that's not saying much.

What's the point of having 2 barrels?

What's the point of having the Jewish religion?

People are weird

Dunno, you tell me, (((Mark))).

I'm just so tired of these faggots parroting each other like these generic polish turds are great because pandering to the least common denominator.

Gimmicks can be good.

One can ask what separates the gimmicks from the innovations

Nintendo really should've promoted/published more good FPS games early on in the Wii's life cycle (apart from MP3).

They appear as something different (or an anomaly) at first, then they become the standard as every other competitor copies it?

Honestly Wii is less of a gimmick than most things. Using waggle for things that should have been buttons made for bad controls, but games actually built around it were nice, however rare they were.
Wish Elebits had gotten a more polished direct sequel. The concept and control was good, but it was certainly pretty rough around the edges.