Combat with mobility

I'm looking for a specific type of combat, although I'm not entirely sure what it's called.
Take Dynasty Warriors as an example. You can move and run and jump around all you want but the second you begin attacking you lose all your momentum and speed and are locked in this very immobile stance where you're simply whacking shit around you. In other words movement and attacking feel like two different things. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing but it's not what I'm looking for
Then look at say Ys Origin(the example I have in mind is Toal Fact's campaign), attacking and movement feel very similar and the nature of fights have you switching between the two on the fly and you're zipping and dashing around like you're in a shonen and I simply love it. Another example would be the Mega Man X/Zero games where you're almost always on the move even while attacking. Embed related is the most striking example I have in mind, except less in 3D. I realize requiring precise 3D platforming is a pain in the ass but I at least want a really good movement system in 3D that requires me to master using it in conjunction with fighting something difficult. Anyone got a clue what I want?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/268990/The_Dishwasher_Vampire_Smile/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you tried riding a horse?

Yeah, horse combat isn't that good because from what I remember in DW5 every moveset changes to be essentially rowing a boat. Which makes sense but isn't much fun after a while.

What do you think about the devil may cry series?

Or Vanquish?

I've yet to play Vanquish(How toaster friendly is the port?) and I've only played the first 2 DMCs.
2 I've completely forgotten about but 1 was pretty fuckin good. Enemies had all sorts of quirks to them like if you hit them a correct way they die in a hit, and stuff like your sword boomerang allowing you to fight unarmed for a small amount of time, and charging your pistols is so good. Can't say I dig how pace breaking switching weapons is(unless I missed something).

Actually come to think about it the Nelo Angelo fights were pretty mobile from what I recall, lots of jumping and rolling.

Give a try to Jedi Knight games.

Try this one out.

store.steampowered.com/app/268990/The_Dishwasher_Vampire_Smile/

Maybe Haseo's Xth form .hack//G.U. (vol. 3, specifically), general magic use in Kingdom Hearts 1 or the wisdom form in KH2, or any shooter with lots of speed; i might have suggested Firefall but it's dead so maybe Warframe even though i never actually played it.

Warframe?

Man what a let down. Why did they take it in so many different directions in the span of a few years?

It ain't 3D but it's looking nice, thanks user.

I actually started Academy earlier today, although I can rarely hit shit with my blaster. Is first person mode not the way to go? I noticed some movement tech like rolling being present only in third person.

play edf as a fencer with heavy use of dash cancelling

Try armored core games.

Giving this thread some mobility.
I'm giving DMC3 a shot and outside of some technical difficulties I'm thinking Trickster might be the thing I'm looking for.

Christ, i dunno; i assume they either had a whole bunch of good ideas they just had to put in and change or they actually listened some of the feedback but not necessarily all of it.

Try anime fighters like Blazblue and Guilty Gear~ lots of movement while attacking

its like you want him to go slow

I think you might like Zone of the enders 2 OP. Make sure to watch the vid in 60fps.

Those games had the best opening animations. Seconding ZoE 1 & 2.

Have you played Legends 2 yet? It's not very complex, but it does demand that you be able to 3D platform and attack at the same time. Many of the bosses do fall short by only requiring you to shark them, but it's still fun as a whole.

For 2D games, Gunstar Heroes has great attacking mobility. It cares enough about it that it has two control styles, one for moving while attacking, and one that lets you sacrifice the ability to aim more effectively.

Sounds like you want black maria overdrive, op. If you can't find it, i can post it once i get home in about 12 hours.

Also wait for sakuna

Holy shit, seeing the fencer flying around in the air and going fast got me all giddy

You want Gunz or what could have been a really great sequel if they invested in dedicated servers