Video game rip-offs

Let's talk about Vidya knock-offs, I recently found this and found this to be a little bit baffling.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/576770/Low_Magic_Age/
hooktube.com/watch?v=2RJ-4C-JS-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Overwatch ripped off TF2

And i ripped off your mom.

woah holy shit

China is to copyright laws as jews are to honest dealing. What else did you expect?

Are there any Chinese games that are not complete dogshit?

It's like asking of there are china games that are not rip-offs. To be fair, there are plenty of non-china rip-off games too. I'd say the problem is not china but the appstore. Game in OP is obviously cellphone game.

If you consider gaming yourself to death a game itself then sure.

But is it fun?

How is any of this copyright infringing?
Characters have unique names and designs and while their base design seems familiar to people "in the know", its definitely a transformative work.

You forgot that DOT Allstars is one letter away from DOTA Allstars, the most popular DotA map in Warcraft 3.

Checked

I must say that despite all their restrictions, chink programmers manage to make some autistic shit sometimes, like translating lots of flash games into Chinese, and they also still play fucking flash MMOs.
Also, they made a 3D Pokémon MMO where you can ride your 'mons.

It's not 'Murica, Nippon or a few Eastern European countries we're talking about here. So even if they somehow managed to come up with a cool gameplay concept, it'll likely end up as a dirt-common online game with a million P2W cliches shoved on it.

wew

I didn't want to make a thread about this game but the devs are chinks so this thread is close enough.
store.steampowered.com/app/576770/Low_Magic_Age/
It's D&D combat on random maps against leveled groups of enemies with only five classes (Fighter, Barbarian, Rogue, Wizard, Cleric) currently implemented, however an adventure mode with accompanying editor is apparently on the way and they've documented plans to include all 11 core classes, as well as multiclassing and prestige classes.
I feel like it's got potential, however I acknowledge that potential isn't worth all that much in >current year+3.

我不是托儿。

The answers to your questions are:
< China
< China
< China
< China

I'm unsure if it's Taiwanese or Chinese but Kung Fu Strike is a pretty fun game.

what about japs?

chine doesn't give a fuck about copyright or quality for that matter.

>Still being surprised at how lazy and unrepentant the Chinese are
Surprised nobody posted those FUCK CHINA posts.

Goddamned space.

Tear Ring Saga is simultaneously the most shameless and legitimate Fire Emblem knockoff there is.

Ask and you shall receive.

… Fuck I could go for some Apple Himmlers right now…

Oh god please post more of that ilk.

Unfortunately that's all what I have else I would have posted more.

I don't see a problem here.

Copyright law can be insane enough that even having lookalikes get you sued.

It actually seems like there's a growing number of Chinese devs that are trying to actually make games instead of making straight up knockoffs or asset flips. The company that made Planet Explorers is partially located in China and they have another game in development. I've also seen some stuff on steam that was okay, some dungeon crawler and there was a game where you drive a car around in an ice age that was kind of unique. None of these games were very good in my opinion, but my point is that China isn't entirely creatively bankrupt like it used to be. Their translations are always dogshit though.

GRAND DAD

*Sitcom laugh track*

Gotcha covered

Also, if I were some kind of shitty cancerous twitch streamer, I might make my catchphrase "Hey look its, Salty Pals!"

Some of those look better than the ugly new Overwatch characters.

Fuck my compression skills

Something tells me the original cast of the game was done by a completely different team.

Goat Dust feels like the name of the newest drug in town. I'll have to try it with activated almonds

This is not how one fits in at all.

Such beautiful dubs. Posting all the apple cabin in one image, I've had it for quite a while but I don't oft post it.

Code Hardcore looks pretty cool and its chinese made, in fact, its the only cool looking chinese game ive ever seen.

I left the thumbnail because it looks cool. Heres hooktube link
hooktube.com/watch?v=2RJ-4C-JS-I

Whatever hurts Blizzard and Marvel is a good thing.

I think the rembrandts version might not be too bad, either.

It's also great because they have carrots twice.

I've got a few.

also i lived in rural china for almost a year, ask me anything

How accurate is "you get what you pay for" as a saying and an action to the level of scamming anyone and everyone if they don't pay a fortune?

Were you an english teacher? How many kids did you molest?

I've got some bad experiences with the Chinks. I used to do logistics for a light fixture company in America. At some point during the company's operation, we had to get our steel for the fixtures from China. The steel was absolute dogshit. Unfortunately, this was just over a decade ago, so the negative stigma China had wasn't necessarily known quite well, and the only want most businesses knew of China's exploits was through experience in dealing with them. In any case, this was our company's first time dealing with China, and let's just say we never went back.
Returning to the original point, the steel was rusted and corroded to all hell. We had no idea why, so the company sent me and a couple of other guys over to the factory that sent us the steel. They had a location right next to the sea, as it turns out. As it turns out, they were, for whatever fucking reason, washing the steel with the sea water. Anyways, we ditched that shithole as soon as we could.
Never consort with the Chinese, man.

not at all. i bought the best pair of shoes i ever owned over there for fourteen cents US. i think the reason they're such kikes is because 99% of the business they do now is online, where you cannot negotiate or haggle. when you're in person at one of their shitty stalls you can talk them down to one tenth their price, and if the item turns out to be shit you can go back, throw it at them and spit and they'll give you free shit

yes high school. none, although there was one that was so fuckin hot that i took her out for meals like ten times trying to get up in that it didn't work

This is where I got my question from. Are you that one user who made that really longpost rant about the steel industry in China?
Pic not related except it's about chinks.

I hope that guy tells us more.

i heard there was a "mobile" copy of PUBG named "Knives out" or something like that

Got any photos of her?

There's too much shit coming from China to really be able to filter the bad from the good, there's also the fact that good Chinese devs (or small tech start ups in general) don't want themselves to be known as Chinese as that diminishes their credibility, same with East Europe.

There's 3 of those if you just search pubg on Google Play, they're absurdly common.

Chinks are perfectly decent people, if you pay them for their serices adequately. But for some reason you just can't wrap your heads around the simple concepet of
like it's not even a fucking option and the only way to shop for chink items is to seek for cheapest possible piece of shit. And then complain that it's a cheapest possible piece of shit after you got it.

China makes plenty of good stuff in electronics, Xiaomi makes just about everything from pens, to phones, to robot vacuum cleaners and they're pretty amazing when it comes to price/performance.