Wargame wire-guided ATGMs

What are some real life inspired weapon systems that annoy you in games?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_attack_on_Karbala
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIM-46_Mauler
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M247_Sergeant_York
archive.is/ZtRUC.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Scopes you can't adjust for range and/or wind velocity.

They would be incredibly annoying in anything PvP if they were more dangerous. And in PvE too far that matter, since it would be a fucking pain if you were essentially forced to die if an enemy threw a grenade anywhere near you.

Then don't add them.

They have several gameplay purposes that other weapons don't though, unless you just use science fiction grenades instead or something. Also, "if you can't make it 100% realistic you shouldn't put it in the game" would lead to very, very few things being allowed in games. Humans in games tend to never be entirely realistic, for example.

Oh let's not forget
Wargame is pretty much shit but it's the only modern game in its genre.

No

In its own way its a very solid game, but relative to what it advertises it drops to like a 4/10 in my opinion.

I know it's hard /k/ but you need to let your autism go for a bit.

Were you expecting to see your units at ground level at all times or something?

I would at least like infantry to not stand in a perfect circle so a single tank shell annihilates them.

I just wanted a more accurate depiction of real life weapons systems in an RTS, I also wanted slower paced combat.

Yeah, infantry needed more depth

Isn't Steel Division slower?

Tank vidya were a mistake.
Same thing goes for your beloved Shermans. Their vidya RoF is absolutely atrocious compared to the real thing.

This. If nothing else, we should respect the French tests considering they had no reasons to pump the tank's reputation up and they actually operated them for years. And their tests say much of what we already know: that a Panther crew can slam almost 20 rounds a minute.

Both Wargaming and Gaijin use bullshit commie tests to nerf German tanks while buffing Russian ones.

Speaking of WoT and shitting on German tanks. Gotta love how a Tiger 2 can come up against post-war tanks like the ridiculously noob friendly IS-3.

It's almost like gaijin wants to sell you premium vehicles and buff up the reputation of slav shit.

You know the shit heads (and I do realize you could be one of the shitheads I'm talking about) will come crawling out of the wood work to grief with it.

I'd argue with you and explain methodically why that's all bullshit but I know you'd do mental backflips to insist marky mark is the next stalin, so I'll just call you a faggot instead. Nobody argues in good faith anymore so I'd just be wasting my time anyway.
Also you don't speak for me, one of "the people," and probably a ton of other Holla Forumsirgins who specifically asked mark to deal with the spam and faggotry, which he did. Cry me a river.

To be honest I wasn't even thinking of multiplayer. I'd just like bbda to be accurately represented even in single player.

I should add you're completely right about faggots abusing it in team based multiplayer.

He speaks for me.

Shotguns
Look, I don't expect them to be super accurate death rays.
But, especially with a proper choke, they are pretty tight at some nice distance.
Even no choke, shotgun's not exactly the "YOU MUST BE 10 FEET AWAY" type gun games think they are.

That's uncalled for. All three sides fielded good tanks that performed well (some better in certain areas than others).

It's always a compromise between gameplay and realism. It's why you don't have to juggle magazines in most FPS games and instead just draw from a magical pool of ammo. Sometimes the hassle of implementing a feature is just not wroth it.

This is funnily enough another complaint I have:
Games stick you in the shoot of random modern warriors all the time, clearly wearing the most possible flashy gear as they can.
Yet the plate carriers are apparently loaded with wet tissue paper.
Helmets do nothing, and a shot to the chest does the same amount of damage, or more, as anywhere else.

They have a pretty short range. It's why they're not used all the time in actual combat. But, then, in actual combat, it's also pretty much just "suppress the target until we can either move closer or at a flanking point, or just call in an air strike".

Yeah in single player it should be fine so long as the ally npcs aren't retarded.

If shotguns were close to the real thing everyone would use them. They'd basically be 1-hit-KO at most distances you're likely to encounter someone and be equally good in close quarters. It's a balancing issue.

I wish there was at least one game which represented that. I really want a game where you're a JTAC/CCT and just tag along with whichever units and assist by calling in airstrikes including having to do all the calculations.

Scrub-tier trash.
I think you'd be more at home with Minecraft, mate.

To be fair, even if you do survive a bullet thanks to armor, you're not likely to be able to get up and continue fighting. A hit to the head is going to cause a concussion if you're very lucky, a hit to the chest armor will break or bruise a few ribs. The armor is designed against shrapnel, not bullets.

Not really what you're looking for, but Full Spectrum Warrior is a military training tool turned videogame where you lead two infantry squads through urban environments. It puts a big emphasis on suppressing and flanking the enemy.

I remember that game, was fun as fuck. VBS was good fun, ARMA is a poor port.

Bonus points for being able to accidentally bomb your own position if you fuck up badly enough.

That sounds more like a map-building issue, to me.
Besides, ammo capacity should nerf the shotguns on its own.
Work with your team. Video games are too often a solo affair, I say.

Nah, a hit to the chest from a rifle round will hurt like a motherfucker, but you can get up and keep fighting without any trouble.
Any actual damage is going to be negated by adrenaline, assuming it's anything more than a bruise.

Also; No, the platecariers are not designed for shrapnel. That's autistic, mate. Helmets are more for that, though.
Headshots are likely to cause a concussion if they don't outright kill you, most of the time. Though, pistol round wise, you should be fine, so long as it isn't too close. Distance plays the biggest role here, overall.

This one bugs the shit out of me.

And the issue with bigger maps is that people are just going to run around and get bored because they have to spend so much time looking for something to kill. Such maps only appeal to a small minority of dedicated autists, and even then you have issues of LOD and rendering distances that favor those with beefier hardware.

Anyone that has played with other random people knows how difficult it is to get a competent team together in the sea of Russians, HUEs, chinks et al.

I do agree, but if we're talking about CoD engagement distances you're pretty much dead no matter what primary weapon hits you. Also, if armor was beefier people would just shoot you in the legs.

But you load your magazines with clips user :^)

That sounds like an issue of people wanting an arena shooter, instead of a realistic wargame.
Lots of people prefer Minecraft, but I don't think we should treat mental retardation as a desirable trait.

If you get a team together, you can curbstomp all those groups. You only need to find one, and then, the rest are as china in a bullshop. Seriously, these days, games are built so heavily around low-quality players, you only need a minor amount of teamwork to shred shit. See this nonsense.

But that's wrong.

Make sure to point the gun at your eye so that you can check if the bullet seeds are properly aligned. Pull the trigger a few times, to make sure that it's working alright!

The Supreme Gentleman has the final word on this.

Bait defeated before it was even cast.

Well, yeah, a sim only appeals to a small minority, which is fine depending what you're going for, but it should be obvious why the majority of developers opt to casualize their product.

And finding people that aren't complete imbeciles is a challenge in and of itself. Just browsing Steam profiles makes me shudder to ever attempt contacting these people.

It's the misuse of clip when the item in question is actually a mag, and you're not wrong.

Oh you doublefaggot, here's your (You).

Funny thing about the M1 Garand clip is that, it's sort of technically a magazine, in that it is a part of the magazine. It stays in the gun, as it were. Until you need to reload, anyway, then it jumps out, and you need to replace the part, with ammo loaded on to it.

Sure, which sucks you ask me. But, if you're going to advertise your game as "realistic" I say you ought to aim for that, over just simple casualization.

Don't find anyone outside of the game. YOu should be rallying your team, not running around with friends you're likely chatting with on a separate third party program.
Shit like that is why we're losing so much teamwork. You gotta work together with the people in front of you, communicate with the guys you meet, not some outside losers.

Good luck when half of them are underage and the other half are HUEs screeching in Portuguese and Chinks reading the Little Red Book. Gaming nowadays is flooded with subhumans that make any attempt to coordinate or play effectively almost impossible.

Okay.

Underage are actually pretty good to work with. Take them on as a small child, work as a father figure.
Everyone else should be shot in the back the moment you see them.
The only good hue is a dead hue, and the sooner they learn they are not welcome, the sooner you stop having them around.

That's an exception, rather than the rule. The vast majority I've played with/against have been screeching autists that deserve a kick for not playing the objectives.

You can recreate the second Korean War in Wargame goy :^)

You need to be firm with them. They're usually spoiled by their mothers. They do not have a strong father figure.
Do not get mad at them. Do not lower yourself to their level. Be firm, clear, and convey disappointment.

i've never played bf1 but that gameplay looks pretty fuckin fishy to me man

Technically a magazine works as a clip when it's detached from the gun and once it's attached to the gun it works as a magazine of the gun. Calling it a clip is not even incorrect really. External magazine is basically a clip magazine and shortening it to just a "clip" is not really that big of a deal, especially when both items serve basically the same function for the common solder.

From what I understand, the gun is a massive fuckoff flakcannon, that has a pretty meaty splash area. He basically just sprays and prays, or so it would seem.

But why?

???

Basically what happens is
So it would seem you really only need to spray the fixed emplacement periodically while having the plane respawn timer in the back of your mind, helps when the opposing team is lemmings-tier too.
Haven't played BF1 so I wouldn't really know the details though.

Ask your (((best ally))) why America is lagging behind even a third world country like Russia when it comes to military tech…

GNU/Clip

The hellfire has a 5 kilometer range you mouthbreather. Also the Otomatic was an Italian SPAAG prototype and has nothing to do with Russia.

(((Second Korean War)))
Fun fact: Eugen was going to have Israel show up halfway through the campaign if you bought the DLC but scrapped that idea later.

Bullshit. Eugen wanted to put Italy in (since they had put Yugoslavia), they made the community vote and ended up with (((best allies))) instead.

So fucking what?
>"OTO-Melara estimates that, combined with the Dardo FCS, the SR can begin engaging attacking missiles at about 6,600 yards (6,000 m), with the first rounds arriving on target at 6,000 yards (5,500 m). With these ranges, a single gun can deal with up to four subsonic missiles, arriving simultaneously on courses 90 degrees apart, before any reaches 1,100 yards (1,000 m)".
Wargame doesn't manage altitude ceiling, everything flying is flying low.
Anything flying low meeting that is dead long before it gets within range (again that's a NAVAL system ships/planes fire at each other over dozens if not hundreds of kilometers)…
If the Otomatic was realistic it would be lobbing SAP shells over half the map then run out of ammo immediately (because that's the reason why nobody actually does that, you can't put the ammo and the gun system in the same vehicle)…

Also you seem to need a reminder that Apaches and the US concept of gunships is largely a failure.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_attack_on_Karbala
I mean the pilots where injured by AKM rounds (stopped by basic soft lvl IIIA bodyarmor… it's the worse "modern" small arm round for penetration) but you're supposed to believe the thing withstand 30mm gunfire…

story time?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_attack_on_Karbala
Lol

Cunts like you are why modern fps have such a shit assortment of weapons.

Damn.Those things are deadly. I never realized they had so much killing potential. Even around the point of origin it can kill up to 25 meters. I can understand why they didn't model it realistically though. Anyone with access to those things would be a god.

It's almost like the Army fucked up their doctrine.

To be fair there really is no excuse it is that vulnerable to small arms fire.

>Lieutenant Jason King, pilot of Apache "Palerider 16", was hit by AKM fire[8] in the neck and suffered a severe hemorrhage, but he never lost consciousness.
That's a 7.62 mm round.

Apache canopy isn't armored.

Grenada invasion, the US greatest cold war victory.
Or how the US send 7000 men against a 3rd world militia with 8 BTR and 2 BRDM…
And got close to loose all of it's spec ops in the process.
It's actually missing two A-7 corsair on the pic…

Now it's important to know that the SEAL are indeed the best soldiers of the US mainly because:

>Artillery barrage MISSES THE ISLAND.

There are more, the whole Grenada invasion is an epic tale, and (((somehow))) widely regarded as a great demonstration of power by the US…

Were the pilots parts of delta force? I dont really see how the pilot fucking up equals to the deltas being bad.

And 29 of the 30 returned from the engagement. Reading more in-depth on this, I'm actually somewhat surprised that we didn't lose more.
Basically this all looks like the results of horrible management and some idiots who think that your helicopters having armor means you can fly them into urban areas with no risk.

SEALs are broadly regarded as the niggers of US special forces, for the record.

With army like this i cant wait to see americans fight against some competent army.
Just imagine how fucked the american doctrine would be if they would get denied all their flying toys with a decent AA system like S-300

Fighting smart usually means you don't go looking for a fair fight. One of the reasons no competent military fights against another competent military these days, besides nukes, is the same reason Britain and Germany were so reluctant to fight naval engagements during WW1. A modern army is so expensive to build up and maintain, so draining in terms of resources, that any sort of confrontation with an opponent with parity is bound to cause casualties that won't be replaceable very quickly. Same reason the British and Germans never committed their battleships to a no holds barred slugging match.

Holy shit now this is some major fuck up.

Ace has this in Arma with over pressure

Fucking Shadow Warrior

Only one was ever built and it looks more like a mix of a Leo and a Luchs, but you need to shut the fuck up about stuff you don't know anything about.

This tbh. It's fun, but not realistic at all.

Autism mode on/
No it will not. Translating from the the tech talk it means that man sized target receives at least one fragment hit. Claymore fragments are puny 0.7 grams balls. At 50 meters they would have about 150J of energy. Considering that in wargames 1500J bullets do 15-30% percent of the HP damage at 50 meters Claymore should do damage equal to about 1.5-3% of hit points. So 2 feet 100%+ damage sounds right. Fro consistency of damage between fragments and bullets.

Same goes for grenades . In the world where you need to deliver 5000J off energy to target for kill grenades would be terribly under-powered.

Of course hit points damage model sucks and belongs to AD&D.

The reason is more in the balance matter. Often FPS games limit player to base 2 spare magazines artificially making ammo a scarce resource. So this provides another dimension for balance and load-out diversity through ammo pool. It makes sense to pick "more ammo" option. IRL soldiers carry 6-8 spare magazines and can juggle magazines because they have numbers of them. If you will allow such in game essentially everyone would have "enough ammo", so "more ammo" option would be useless. But if you make 2 spare mags system without magical pool of ammo it would be extremely unpractical and non usable.

You should have seen some of the dumb shit that happened in Grenada and Panama.

These stories are hilarious.

Sure. But you're kidding yourself if you think the US military isn't completely fucked up. It's about bureaucracy and welfare handouts and embezzling money through a nation draining budget. All those toys can't defeat third world farmers fighting with a real purpose. We even rig our own war games to pretend we could win a large scale war.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

Why is the burger army so incompetent and wasteful?

It has enough money to afford incompetency. In addition, the career roadmap promotes skipping deployments (acquiring experience) in favor of racking up schools and formal classes. In order to get into those classes, it comes down to a popularity contest between the local sycophants.
t. former career Infantry Muhreen

A practically unlimited budget plus an unending "war" in the middle east means an unlimited opportunity for graft. The military industrial complex and their puppet senators scheme to separate as much tax money from the American citizen as possible for the least amount of effort. War profiteers utilize cheap, low-quality prison labor to pad their bottom line on parts that sell for 500 times their production cost. No real enemy to fight means no real way to expose corruption and incompetence until it's too late, and a real war is upon them.

It is a mystery.

what the others aren't really covering in adequate detail is the bureaucracy. Yes, the military budget is bloated beyond any mortal's comprehension; yes, politicians are bought and paid for; and yes, military contractors make billions every year through bribes, lobbying, kickbacks, and loopholes while the military itself intentionally mistakes noise and confusion for progress.

But the internal bureaucracy and politics within the branches of the military themselves also play a massive role, far more massive than anyone could imagine who hasn't been "middle management" in the military or higher. It is especially notoriously horrendous in the Chair Force and the Navy, the Navy brass probably edging the other one out for being the most bogged down in ass-kissing COs being embroiled in political power plays constantly. It's one massive dick measuring contest and vying for power, and all that selfish political positioning does absolute horrors for the actual men on the ground.

airdropping expensive military equipment on top of the enemies heads should be a part of usa military doctrine tbh

I'd say the fact that very few games do one in the chamber despite it being a thing in fucking shovelware at least as far back as 2001.

Wargame is a bit shit anyway

Reminder Ten Hammers a poop. Also look into Brothers in Arms for something broadly similar.

If waste is excessive to the point of seeming intentional, it probably is. Or, more accurately, it is benefitting the people who are important. It's in favor of TPTB to have government and spending rapidly metastasize. If the means to power is money or violence, that's a pretty good racket on both.

Very true. The scope imo is of a late empire's collapse. I think the cultural dysfunction is inevitable when the purpose has been so thoroughly corrupted. These are wars for the petrodollar, removed from any sense of what protects American citizens or what's in our best interest. They'll even manipulate and harm Americans. If the whole purpose is shifted from the top to waste and graft, how are you supposed to uphold the idealism of promotion by merit? Merit to accomplish what exactly?

exactly, the US is set up perfectly for a Qing China style collapse

Many people think that the constant middle eastern embroilment is because of oil. They're right to a large extent, but it's not the primary reason. It's a relatively large secondary reason, hitting two birds with one stone if you will, but there is very, very little that the American military has done over the past century that hasn't been very much in Israel's interests. Those that have not, directly, have simply been to benefit those in the ivory towers here at home (and said people are almost always very sympathetic to Israel in the first place). I don't have the webm but I would post the guy who spent decades with a career in US foreign policy who basically says "every single person in politics knows that when it comes to foreign policy, Israel is untouchable."

Oh yeah there is more, Grenada is the gift that kept going.
IIRC some guys managed to take out their own brigade CP killing half their officers with an airstrike somehow.

Essentially it was a tiny bunch of spic/niggers leftists that surrendered/ran away immediately anytime infantry showed up because they were completely outnumbered and outgunned (they had only small arms and a handful of HMGs/APC).
Despite that the US ended up with almost the same number of casualties, mainly self-inflicted.

So the US turned it into some great battle, vastly increasing the numbers of the commie militia from a few hundreds to several thousands and with Cuban construction workers becoming hardcore spec ops (despite the fact they all "surrendered", save a couple dozens of hardcore commies that made a couple of ambushes… and almost ended up wiping out an US infantry company) and dozens of PACT "foreign experts" (embassy staff/security, obviously didn't participate in any fights).
Hell Hollywood made a movie with Clint fucking Eastwood about it, comparing it to Korea and Vietnam…

I don't think we'll ever see the end of Russian asshurt towards Germans. The sun will burn out and heat death will occur in the universe, but still the Russians will grind their teeth about MUH PATRIOTIC WAR.

I don't think we'll ever see the end of Russian asshurt towards Germans. The sun will burn out and heat death will occur in the universe, but still the Russians will grind their teeth about MUH PATRIOTIC WAR.

Infinite budget create infinite waste.
Add the insane corruption of US politics and the fact that the arms industry realized that forking out a mock-up to cash in billions in RD for years, sometimes decades, is immensely more profitable than actually putting out an industrial product.

Like everyone knows that the US army doesn't have SPAAGs and SHORADs unlike pretty much everyone else (and no not just Russia and friends, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan all have them)?

How many of you know that it's not a doctrine at all but because the US arms industry FAILED TO MAKE ANY after spending god only knows how much money in RD.
As in they tried to make some and simply couldn't make it to work, over 40+ years.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIM-46_Mauler
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M247_Sergeant_York

The US army went in Vietnam without any (because lol air-defense right) then realized that when you're fighting an adversary that isn't literally a medieval level country, well there are lots of times the enemy planes shows up and your (better and more numerous) planes are just too far away to get there before it bombs your asses.
So they crash fielded the Chaparral and M163, literally slap the gun and missiles of a F-105 onto a M-113 (which isn't a bad way to do things but was done very very crudely as in manually aimed, manually fired).

Russians are just so fucking prideful about their shit hole that anything Russian is perfect in every way

Did some more research on this Leo 1 APDS round shit.

Burgers are notoriously insecure.
They are still trying to rewrite history stating that Vietnam wasn't a defeat despite the fact it was, especially when you factor how much equipment they lost. Burgers couldn't sustain fighting in Vietnam due to how much money they were losing and the debt that the US has today really can trace itself back to Nam

Even worse:

these are gold

Yeah, warthunder is notorious for having a very evident russian bias that the devs refuse to acknowledge.>>14192728

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Yeah seems unrealistic, usually one is enough

That was a Kornet, nigger. Those things are a tanker's nightmare. Especially since Murka is too fucking stupid to invest in soft-kill or hard-kill anti missile solutions.

I dont get why this meme gun got so popular, almost all military shooters have those

It's big, somewhat good looking or at least visually distinctive and it's in a bunch of movies for the same reasons.

Man, that missile trajectory looks wild.

Counter-Strike had it and became popular.

It looks bulky and threatening, and is just about the only popular high caliber handgun that isn't a revolver.

Actually Murica has invested in APS, the issue is they gave the contract to Raytheon
>Burgers in talks to acquire it from (((Greatest Ally)))

This is Holla Forums, not reddit.

By the way, you WILL take the “bait.”

I think you got the wrong tab opened sweetie this board is called t/v/

Nevermind, you're right. I'd completely forgotten about the Raytheon debacle because it's been like 10 FUCKING YEARS.

To be fair, until relatively recently the Russian strategy was "just throw a bunch of bullets at them, you'll hit them eventually"

Apparently even the Israeli APS has trouble with it:

This reminds me about a story my father told me about the NATO occupation peace mission in Kosovo around 1997-98.
Every day at exactly 4 PM the US soldiers had to abandon all work and seek shelter because a lone sandnigger they dubbed "Crazy Charlie" mortared the base from an unknown position. Despite trying to locate him with FLIR-equipped helicopters and returning fire based on estimations (since they never actually found him) he continued to mortar them for several months straight, every day starting at exactly 4 PM.
The shelling eventually ceased but the US soldiers never found his body or mortar, it never came out whether they hit him or he just ran out of ammo.

Thanks for doing exactly what I said you would, you fucking tumblrite.

Bingo.

Did crazy charlie ever hit anyone?

I've heard stories from buddies who have come back from Afghanistan that the sandniggers have developed clever homebrew timing systems to set off pre-aimed mortars a few days after they set it up. Makes me wonder if Crazy Charlie was even at the mortar when it started firing.

Šiptars, not the smartest people, but determined for sure.

Happens all the time with burger military contracts. They are written literally like this

No APS is perfect, they help but they are never going to be 100% effective. Also Merkava is a meme Tank, it's actually pretty easy to destroy as far as modern MBT's go. What it does have going for it is ridiculous crew safety i.e. if you do have something penn your tank you have a well above average chance to make it out alive.

As far as I know not, muds aren't very accurate shooters.

That's embarrassing.

Burgers also tried to get Britbongs to start WW3 for them by ordering them to forcefully remove Russians from an airport cause they had gotten there first. Britbongs told the Burgers to fuck off and General Clark held a massive bitch fit cause of it.

arent US bases in afghanistan being shelled even to this day, almost 20 years after they came there?

Hey storyman, tell us the story of the attempted rescue of the Iranian embassy hostages in 1980. You know, the one where the post-Vietnam broke-ass military had to scrape together enough helicopters and pilots to fly the mission, where the plan was to set a rally point in the deep desert for refueling the helicopters on insertion/exfiltration, and where a helicopter taking off in the dark clipped a C-130 loaded with fuel with it's rotors and ruined the entire operation.

The Finn is honestly still the best one.

Ok Muhammed it's nice that you don't know anything about tank design, like the fact that every modern tank has a separate ammo compartment that isn't as heavily armored as the rest of the tank with blow off panels so it doesn't jack-in-a-box the tank killing the crew and gutting it in the process.

While I don't care about the gun itself I like how easy it is to access the chamber if you have a malfunction.

why is christchan so cute

I agree with what you've said but keep in mind that MC 2002 was total bullshit. Fucking rowboats can't launch silkworm missiles and motorcycle couriers aren't instant. Van Riper found some niches in the system used for the simulation and exploited them. Sadly, instead of making the second try a fair fight, the ZOGbot generals shat themselves and purposely nerfed Van Riper's side.

Yeah you sure got him.

Wire guided ATGMs are funky like that.

This reminds me of when we tried to build a radar-directed SPAAG (the M247 Sgt. York) and it had it's own ED-209 moment.

Whats next? You gonna cry about "it wasnt a REAL abrams, muh moneky models"?

the problem with isis propaganda videos is that they're just that, any actual facts are usually brushed over because they just want to trick farmers into joining them through mostly intimidation tactics

That's funny. I was just thinking "Why do people post this shitty meme slut, she's not funny or cute."

You might actually be too retarded to continue living. Are you by any chance the retard that was implying that tanks are extremely effective in close quarters urban engagements because they can "like bulldoze through cars, walls and buildings man, nowhere's safe"?

Whats next, Abu Hajjar? You're going to ignore his point about blow out panels again?

The other thing, that is the true recipe to build a "superpower image", thing the UK were masters at, the US is pretty good at (well, was before 1950) and that was patented by Julius Cesar.

You have to "win the peace" by choosing when and who you're fighting AND make it look like it was hard and you won because you were awesome.
While in fact systematically attacking when an equal opponent is at it's lowest or opponents that you know perfectly won't be able to do anything significant to you.

That's something for example the French and Germans never did (look what that got them). French and German history is full of wars in which they took part (or started) with equal or even opponents they knew were stronger (but loss was preferable to cowardice) but believed they could best with skill and fervor.
While UK being on an island they got to pick the where and when. Which meant that even when they lost battles it never mattered in the long run, because they still got a seat at the table and always sat with having fewest losses and therefore "great potential" to continue the fighting, making sure they got a good deal out of it (until it believed it's own lie, and it's empire crumbled almost instantly).
That's what the US is attempting to mimic.

That's a Metis-E or the iranian/chinese/french equivalent it's an ancient piece of junk (a kornet is bigger and with two set of fins).
"Every modern tank was blown up by a kornet" is just as a meme as Russian Stronkery… Most of them are done in by man-portable ATGMs (a Kornet isn't).

Any ATGM is a menace to all tanks. Because even older ones are really precise and pierce more armor than most tank have installed on a 360° arc.
It's just a matter of knowing were to aim (so 5 minutes of google-fu).

I just noticed they were using a fucking LAW and an RPG-7. If they were smart they would have hit those two M113s sitting there, at least they'd inflict some sort of materiel loss.

Just aim for the tracks, you can't replace them during combat conditions and an immobile tank is likely to get abandoned

easy to say, harder to do.

Obviously the sandnigs in the Abrams weren't posing much of a threat if the other sandnigs walked up to it and blasted the turret ring with an AK. At least if you hit the M113s you're guaranteed a destroyed vehicle. I'd go home to my sandhut happy with 2 inoperable M113s versus 2 Abrams with damage that a mechanic crew could repair the next afternoon.

We are talking about middle east here…

So instead of repairing them they'd roll the battle-damaged Abrams out the next day with the hits painted-over like nothing happened.

I think the vid was trying to lead you into thinking it was a dude being cheeky but it doesn't really add up tbh. also if it was what on earth would they be able to do? I have me doubts they'd have enough explosives to remove those tanks and if they did they'd need to use a car full of them because no way in hell would they have anything other then homemade trash as that's how mudslimes do

Hmm. I thought the video was meant to show them sneaking up and firing at the turret ring, trying to jam it up.

again the propaganda

if they actually could do that, they'd shown it. not to mention try to further engulf the tank in flame

Get on the white man's level, mudslimes.

Note that in the video the guys are literally waiting for it to happen. Because EVERYTIME the US airdrops vehicle this exact shit happens because the airdropping system they use is simply that unsafe. I'm willing to bet some of the humvees that didn't crash landed have serious damage. And that's at a low speed and low altitude.
Meanwhile Russia drops IFV with the crews in, at any altitude and cruise speed…

Again it's not because the US doesn't want to do the same but somehow can't figure out the parachute tech for it (because they still use WWII static lines).

And churches too

America at least uses the T-11 chute for their paratroopers, we are using the literal WW2-tier T-10

Bloody Russians, the shit they'll come up with.
Well done.

I expected something wooden, but I guess the tent wasn't bad either.

You beat me to it!
Webm for those who don't want to use youtube.

This thread is great.

Budgies terrify me. At first you think yeah cute song birds and you buy a couple. Then you learn they are pygmy parrots and you've just let a couple of fucking evil assholes into your home.

I had one and he was the best fucker ever.
There was a cardboard box on some dresser that he'd always get on top of just to bite it. Tore the whole thing to shreds over the years.
Would also get on top of the monitor while I was playing vidya and try to scratch the top or at least pretend to do it. Never did any damage, though.
Then I'd put him on my shoulder so he could watch while I was busy.
Poor guy just wanted attention.

I have two. Two brothers and don't get me wrong I love them but they make my life fucking hell. Evil stuff like randomly spunking on the pug, shitting on my keyboard and cutting headphone cables in two.

Underpowered in terms of lethality and more useful in the real world for shock value. Typically has a kill radius of

Time to sound like a shit

The Javelin anti-tank missile system. No game has ever gotten it right. The nuances of how the system locks onto the intended target have NEVER been properly done. I don't think even Arma mods have gotten it right. Sure, it's a tough system to put into a game, but it's still irks me since I used to be a Javelin gunner IRL.

Also thermite grenades. Hardly ANYONE ever represents them correctly. Ever.

Combat Mission: Black Sea

How does it work?
t. not a Chinese spy

talk magic to me javelin man chan

Does shooting a Javelin also produce an enormous amount of smoke on your position?
The Panzerfaust 3 does, which makes it really easy to spot to you.

What about America's Army 2? I don't mean the Unreal 3 trash or whatever they've made now, I mean the one where you had to complete BCT and different courses to unlock weapons and had to complete a short SERE course to unlock special forces maps and SOPMOD attachments for the M4A1. The only thing I think that game is missing is the thermal on the Javelin.

Fill a coke can with thermite, put it on top of your car and spark it up.

Isn't the Javelin fire and forget?

sure but that's a car with has about as much armour as the can which I'd use has

Then try breaking your car using a coke can with no thermite in it.

if I did that I'd ruin my can, not to mention my coke!

It doesn't, actually. Produces less signature than the RPG-7 and AT-4, actually.

Never played that one, and yes. Fire and forget.

It's not used (in games) in the capacity for which it's intended, and it doesn't explode. It just gets REALLY fucking hot, which is good for burning shit, basically. Namely it's used for slagging equipment you can't bring back with you (enemy weapon caches, emptied javelin tubes, a shot-up technical that is still running, etc) with no real demo training required. We used two of them in my first Afghanistan deployment.

Adding to what I said, the second time we used one was to burn an enemy ammo dump. It cooked off all the ammunition, which was pretty fucking awesome.

Older Ghost Recons have this. Having never had this before, it was kinda funny taking out my entire team just because I was goofing around.

I'm sorta pissed now. That WOULD have been one for me but recently I've seen several videos of people using the back-blast in some games to kill enemies AND friendlies. I want to say Arma 3 was one of them but I cannot be sure.

Rising Storm 2 Vietnam has it. Too bad the game actually sucks.

I actually like that game a lot. I'd play it more if my GPU didn't get damaged.

We got to SMUD an ammo dump with 25mm. Shit was dope.

How the fuck all those casualties are possible if the wikipedia page lists only 19 dead americans?

>(((wikipedia)))
user, i…

HOLD ON

Such insanity HAS happened! Remember, a small fleet of 12 or so Korean ships took on an armada of close to 300 Japanese ships and WON with the Koreans not suffering a single loss of a ship. War history is stranger than fiction, my friend.

We popped (I originally typed "pooped", which would STILL be accurate) a thermite in a building full of 7.62x39mm cans, mostly old Soviet shit, a few was Chinese. Some mortar rounds, a single Turkish machine gun from WWI, and a Chinese cannon from who-the-fuck-knows-when-that-shit-was-fucking-old. I walked out, being the Javelin section leader (equated to being the assistant weasel ((ASST WSL - WEAPON SQUAD LEADER)) with 5 RPGs. Most of them were Chinese, save one if I recall right. NONE of them worked, but I took all the broken ones, learned the inner mechanics from studying them all, and made ONE working Chinese RPG from 4 broken ones. The Afghans were actually all too pleased to spare a round to test it. We tied it to a tree, I used 550 chord to tie around the trigger, and we fired it from a safe distance. It fucking worked. My commander mounted it on the wall of the DFAC in what is now Camp Nongalam. After years of disuse, it was stolen back by the Taliban. My rage is without words. I MADE THAT FUCKING THING AND THOSE DUMB FUCKING ALLAH NIGGERS CAME IN AND TOOK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to kill them all.

The one Russian RPG was sent off in a helicopter. I've no clue why and never asked.

Please stop, you're making me even more butthurt that I won't get to deploy

I like it

Yes, that's why they rate level 4 armor with .30-06 armor piercing shrapnel fired from a special shrapnel-shooting machine.

One dozen/2 = Half a dozen
12/2 = 6

Sorry bud. Wanna touch my CIB?

I don't ever hold it against the new bloods. The cherries are robbed of it, that experience. I saw good friends push on, great friends die, and I gotta say: I miss it. I wish it never ended. Those were the best fucking years of my life and I wish I had died there.

Good to see some intellectual discussion on Holla Forums and on Holla Forums of all places.

The USA is broke and trying to remain relevant by acting as a large PMC overthrowing governments in exchange for trade deals. Those with real economic power are moving their money out of the US because the ROI is tiny compared to what BRICS nations offer.
Everyone knows it's nearly over and it's going to cripple the west just as the east is becoming a major power, I just hope that the nuclear deterrent can be maintained at a level that preserves peace.

Modern ATGMs will fuck any MBT, while the Abrams does have issues lack of armor isn't one of them.

It's a mission kill, sure the crew lived and that is great but the tank is dead. As the huge heat from the ammo cook-off slowly spreads through the chassis it'll melt wires, hoses and hydraulic lines. That tank is going to be recovered and sent back to the USA for a rebuild and is removed from the battlefield.

Pretty much this. It's all been downhill.

Probably because said details would be illegal to share.
Didn't that one guy that wrote the salvation war couldn't add certain details to his story without getting jailed?

Nah that one is too easy.
US Special Farces are called that because that's all they do, they die crashing helicopters and then have to be rescued.
I mean even on the raid to assassinate Bin Laden the first thing they tried was crashing an helicopter on him.
See that's the difference between SEALs and Delta Farce, Delta Farces would have managed to get themselves all killed in the crash, then have to call backup.
The SEALs can actually attack an undefended target. Barely but they can do it.

Same thing happened with Falcon 4 and DCS, Falcon 4 modeled the F-16s nuclear weapons control pad and had to remove it while DCS had to fudge the missile launch detection system of the A-10 because the first version was too accurate.

Yeah, I've felt it

Source? It's not that I don't believe you, but I wish to read in on this. It's half the only reason I keep living anymore.

Call the 10th MTN, 1-32. They don't exist anymore, they would have done it and with positive results.

I think that is the best thread we had on Holla Forums in months, you anons keep my hopes up.

You ever blow up a tank with one?

Honestly though that's setting the bar a little low. As much as I hate to admit it, you can't be a member of the Holla Forumsanguard for years on end without being able to see the downhill slide that's happened to this place. I feel like it's a historical cycle: site becomes new, exodus to new site occurs, community is great for a time, site gets more exposure, community becomes shit and/or shilled, rinse and repeat.

Ok that's just asking for it.

Honestly it's kind of common sense for me. If you depict accurately key elements of X weapon system (like the target detection on the Javelin or the Warthogs missile launch detection mentioned) then it's probably not allowed for public consumption. My reasoning is that said depictions could be used to develop countermeasures to these weapon systems, endangering future missions (specially in the A-10's case, since it probably won't be replaced any time soon and hopefully won't go the way of the american SPAAGs ). It's the same reason why you're not allowed to take photos of military installations at a whim. The devs of Arma 3 got in trouble with the greeks exactly because of that archive.is/ZtRUC.

The Tablian didn't have any.

Blew up a machine gun position with one once.

I tell thsi one often, so it's always in my mind. We were at the Korengal outpost, I wanna say my specific post faced the south. The mountains there rounded the south side like a cradle. We marched there, for reasons I don't recall, and suddenly a fucking PKM was firing at my post… from well outside its effective range. We laughed, but hey, that's hostile intent, right? Fry this nigger! We had the scouts from our HQ platoon, who were all fucking golden boys but it was well earned, so we didn't hold it against them. (except their mortar section, who could suck a massive fucking dick!) They were like "Nope, I ain't missing with a BMG! I'd be laughed at!" It was too far for a comfortable shot with a Berret. So I chime in "What about the Javelin?" Now, I was called a Private E-4. We had more Specialists than Privates thanks to the 18 month waiver, and I personally got my order at 13 months. (There remained a debate over HOW that was legit, and yet a General from the Pentagon signed it… and that guy was once a Lieutenant under my dad ((a Major, called "Major Combat" according to his friends I met)) in Vietnam when my dad was in the 75th Ranger) So we busted that long motherfucker out, though the scouts weren't comprehensive. "Um, it's just a tube!" I showed them I had the CLU (Command Launch Unit). Little did I know for t=our time there, and our missions with them later on, this made me a fucking GOD. I could launch a roid-raging missile with extreme hostile intent from ranges that made them cum at night upon the forlorn in ways that made most flagellants erect. This is why I was always on every patrol after this. (Learned this later on, story for another day)

I got the CLU on the tube, and for my first time outside of simulation activated the seeker. My heart was pumping, BAD. Bare in mind, I had been mortared four times and rocketed twice by THIS point, so my nervousness should now be illustrated. This was a fucking $70,000 missile, not a rocket, a fucking MISSILE. I was going to shoot it at two sand niggers on a rock with a PKM.

I took the fucking shot!

The scouts called it in. "Korengal 6 Romeo, this is Hammer 1-2, Permission to launch Javelin assets on overt hostile forces!" They didn't get it. So, after some bullshit on the net, they said "Um, let me specify… we used a Javelin. We need battalion clearance ASAP." They were PISSED. They chewed us out for about five minutes on the radio.

Now then, so what happened with the missile, right? Check this, fams: I fired it. Five meters later, it went sky-high and rock-hard, intent on holy murder. Well, those faggots saw it go up and, I SHIT YOU NOT, shrugged. I SAW THAT SHIT ON THERMALS! And they kept firing. For two seconds. Then the missile came back down, big smiley face and OMG THEY JUST GOT NUKED!

We were told to go to a BDA (Battle Damage Assessment). We went out. We found a melted PKM, the wooden furniture scorched, red burnt rags, and a boot. I prayed it was just a boot. I bagged the boot… it wasn't JUST a boot. Gross.

We got back to the KOP (Korengal OutPost). We went into the COP and got chewed out. I was a Private E-4. I was safe. Yet I was the culprit, so it sent them for a loop. Finally I set the trashbag with the boot in it on a desk and left. On my way out, I heard it: "I hope it's just a boot". I laughed so fucking hard outside that door.

I was never allowed back there.

A pic of me, from my second tour. That pic was taken when I was with some JTAC. That's another. God, I was young once…

I meant to say "That's another story for another day". JTAC were cool, but that's hardly the point in this thread.

Hahahahaha, I don't doubt it got the job done but I know why you got a reaming. Didn't you have any mortars on the base?

Hell fucking yes

Can you explain why a designated marksman didn't pop them with bullets that cost pocket change?

The only way to survive ATGMs seems to be designing your tank to be able to have one hit without going through delicate systems. Meme point defense is pretty much a nonstarter and ERA is useless against the tandem charges all modern ATGMs have, and it seems like very MBT is now designed to take an ATGM but be damaged in a way that doesn't instantly kill the tank. The Armata's compartments for instance serve exactly this purpose.

Because when you're bored as fuck sometimes you don't care. Also that poster said that it would have been a tricky shot with a M82, so I doubt a DMR would be able to reach out.

I think active protection systems will be introduced eventually but it'll only be a matter of time until they are countered.
As for the Armata the remote control capability gives me chills, I picture the crew dying from spall as a remote operator drives it into battle.

None were set up

Joke's on you. I became the designated marksman. Two weeks later. I got a story for that too. I sued a M14 with a Mk4 Leopold scope.

Does the text on this screencap look legible?

Because he had a Javelin missile.

sued = used*

Not gonna lie, you just brought a tear to my eye.

At least you got a 7.62 rifle. They gave us a fucking M16 with a Leupold slapped on it, called it the SAMR on the ECR cards, and declared it a sniper rifle. Shit was gay.

We had a Nasty Girl (National Guard) do that! We called him fat ass Foxtrot! It was short for Foxtrot Charlies: Fuck Cop. He was Police Officer from… a state that starts with the letter M. Fuck me if I can remember which one. I got several stories about THAT guy, and yet we liked him. His heart and intent was in the right place and never told us to do anything retarded. I kinda miss him. At least I wish I knew his real name, I never read it off his IBA. XD

Hahah that is outstanding.

I've heard those suck as DMR. If we repealed the NFA we could surpluses them and buy DMRs worth a damn

It gave us all a good laugh

I liked it, personally

I don't think so.

And yes, it does. I want to tell more stories now. XD

Please fuckin do mate. They're a joy.

Confirmed for never playing Wargame

Try getting less shit at infantry. You're not supposed to stack 60 infantry into one unit.
It's an RTT game.

Pay attention to the fucking game next time.

Sure thing

On my second tour in Afghanistan, we spent a third of the tour mounted in MRAPs and this other wheeled mess that I suddenly cannot remember the name of- just remembered, it was two ASVs. When the tour first started I picked up my Sergeant rank and to this day I swear I still have chest issues from that, but while mounted they either had me driving or gunning the Mk19 because I was a decent driver and our Mk19 SME (Subject Matter Expert).

But this isn't about that.

This is about the third… third of the tour, after we helped build a firebase for the cav scouts and were promptly kicked out (a few good stories from then) like an unwanted stepchild and sent back to our organic company. While at the firebase some Aussie had followed us around for a while so when we got to our company they attached a Stars and Stripes journalist to us. For the record, the Aussie was pretty cool at the cav scout firebase (They called it Commanche Base, we called it the School House because it was built out of an abandoned, two-story school house). This Stars and Stripes guy was no exception, he was actually pretty cool. When we began foot patrols, he'd be with us (and our ANA ((Afghan National Army)) attachment split, half in front and half behind). Well, this guy isn't hte focus, but I bring him up for a reason I'll get to later.

The focus here is a SPC that was our SAW gunner. We nicknamed him Swags, short for swagger. SPC Swags was a fucking jolly green giant from Montana. You'd swear he was born from the mountains, as in the mountains were his fucking parents. He was TALL and BUILT. I watched him kick down an Afghan's dried-mud wall and run through a closed door like it simply hadn't existed more than once, and yet this dude was chill. He didn't work out, he was humble, read books, watched movies, played CoD4:MW with us, etc. More than once, from how powerful he was with the total lack of effort he put into it, we asked him if they're producing Terminators in Montana. His words on it: "I hope not, those cards I sent to my parents would look pretty silly on an assembly line."

So we were on our third patrol with Stars and Stripes. I had just been moved out of the weapons squad a week prior and so this was my fourth foot patrol as a line section Team Leader. Swags was my SAW gunner and I was glad to have him, the other Team Leader in my squad was a friend I had since I was a private, SGT Wiener. (Again, nickname, he's a guy who I can go on and on about) We had just left the 'Green Zone' and entered the 'Red Zone'. We SHOULD have been more alert as two days prior a CH-47 had to drop an entire pallet of mortar rounds and AT-4s to escape an area alive, but it was just barely outside of our area of operation so we hadn't (but should have) thought much of it. As we were going I could hear Stars and Stripes talking to Wiener, though our LT (a douche and a kleptomaniac) kept trying to get Stars and Stripes to talk to him instead. The gall of some officers… ANYWAYS, it was for that very reason that I looked back to see what exactly was going on. The man behind me was Swags, at around 10 meters distance from me, staggered across the "street" (I use this term LOOSELY) and behind him was Wiener, with Stars and Stripes talking to him but also looking back at our LT, who should have been towards the front of the patrol but this asshole… ANYWAYS, as I turn to look back and am about to yell to them to cut the shit and scan their sectors, Swags vanished. In his place was a thunderous boom and a metric fuck-ton of sand and dust flying upwards. Swags, despite being impressive, did not have magic DBZ-like powers so I assumed the worst: An IED. We all dropped behind the closest cover and I was screaming at where Swags had once been. I demanded a sign of life. Anything. My throat was going coarse and I could taste the blood from my constant screamed orders for Swags to sound the fuck off, Wiener was screaming but also tackled the LT who was trying to RUN AWAY LIKE A FUCKING… ANYWAYS, our PSG had run up and demanded from us accountability of who was okay and who was injured. He had the medic on a short leash and for good reasons, but I'll talker about her some other time. (You read that right, HER) The rest of my team gave me an up but I was almost purely focused on the huge dust cloud that had taken my SWA gunner and good friend…

cont'd in next post

Who then casually walked out of the cloud, went to the opposite side of the street, blew the dust off his weapon, looked back at the cloud, shrugged, got on a knee with his M249 propped up on a mud wall that was only waist high, and said "I'm up! Anyone see that shit?"

I had never cried and laughed that fucking hard, nor at the same time for that matter, in my life.

I rushed to his, patting him down for wounds, looking for blood, and eventually giving our PSG the up. Swags was dusty but otherwise untouched. He wasn't even shaken. BORN FROM FUCKING MOUNTAINS, I TELL YOU! However, I noticed a hole in his assault pack. In the hole was a warm, large, relatively smooth chunk of metal. It looked like it was a small section of a metal football that had been peeled off like a banana. I immediately knew what it was though because I recognized the conic shape and such: It was from a mortar round. However, it made its home in his assault bag as a souvenir.

Stars and Stripes was livid to talk to Swags. Our LT was pissed off for some fucking reason, and Wiener was trying to rope in said LT while also trying to talk to Swags because he was obviously worried about the big guy. (I don't blame him) Then our LT walked over to where the dust cloud was FINALLY settling and making demands. I told him to get away from there. He didn't listen. I YELLED at him to get the fuck away from there. He glared at me and said "What the FUCK did you say to me, SERGEANT?!" I was fucking pissed and confirmed my worried suspicions at the same time as I was yelling it to him:

"SIR! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THERE! THERE COULD BE A FUCKING SECONDARY IN THERE!"

He looked down at the small blast crater and the red of his angry face went white with fear. "Wait, what's that shit at the bottom of the hole- SECONDARY!" He ran like a bitch. The secondary never went off.

So here's what apparently had happened: What blew up was a command-wire-detonated mortar shell that was buried under the ground. The mortar shell had 2/3rd's of its explosive charge from inside the shell removed and likely re-purposed for another IED. (later confirmed) To make up for this, there was a secondary right underneath it… that didn't blow. It was not armed and when the first one went off, it cut the wire before the command signal reached the second shell. So picture it in your head: A mortar shell with only 1/3rd its explosive power, buried under wet mud and dirt. What you get for this is simple: A shell that was mostly peeled like a banana and the biggest fucking firecracker you'd never want to play with.

Stars and Stripes, however, was still convinced Swags was special. (He was, but that's besides the point) He kept asking things like "Do you pray often?! Are you wearing good luck charms? Do you have extra armor on?!" Finally, another NCO friend of mine, SGT Jew-Nose (No shit, his nickname was Jew-Nose), called a question to Stars and Stripes that both became part of the headline for next month's issue (I tried looking for it, nothing online. Sad) but also brings this story full circle and to its logical conclusion: "Hey, you ever heard that they make Terminators in Montana?"

No pics this time. It's early and I'm still waking up. Hunting down the images on my old friends' Facebook pages would take me some effort.

Pretty cool, btw how does it feel to occupy a foreign country on another continent without any purpose and risk your life for the interest of military industrial complex?

Gave no fucks. Still don't give any fucks.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Eventually yes

Rising storm 2 portrays them pretty accuratelly, as in it will definitely kill over 50m away and you use a clacker to detonate it

(checked)

What a fuckin boss. Thanks for sharing more, this shit is gold.

I love realistic battles

(czeched)
Your LT was a klepto? Did he have any particular kind of thing he liked to nab or was it just anything, via a compulsive disorder or some shit?

That is anything but good news. Hopefully she was unofficially confined on base to medical.

First off, the dude was a piece of shit. Guy would lose shit he was signed for and then try to get other people to sign off on the hand receipts for them without doing an actual inventory of the *missing* items. Beyond that, he liked stealing external hardrives, DVDs, iPods, energy drinks, books, you name it. We made sure he had his own fucking ten all to himself. I shit you not, when he walked into the platoon tent we made sure that we had positive control of anything that wasn't bolted down.

After the second deployment (his first) he went to Hammer Company and got caught trying to steal a mortar base-plate from their Arms Room.

Actuuuuuually, she wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was her mindset that got her with us in the first place. ANOTHER STORY!

Second tour again. So, that'd be 2009-ish.

So our medic had gotten REALLY sick, with what I cannot recall for the life of me. He had to be sent back to the states, so we were down one medic. The medics with the other platoons were overworked as it was, so we went to the Aid Station to get a new medic. Well, turns out there were only females left running the Aid Station. The SFC (Sergeant First Class) in charge of them was having an affair with an NCO from another platoon (both were married) and generally was a fucking mess of a human. She'd cry every time that platoon went outside the wire because she thought her man-meat was going to get off'ed by a lucky Taliban or some shit. Fuck her.

Then comes in the actual focus of this story: Doc Kessler. No nickname, nothing like that. We knew her already because she loved running into our tent and joining us for CoD4:MW. Now, bare in mind that when a female enters your tent, you call out "Female on the floor!" so that everyone knows not to do anything that would get them slapped with sexual harassment and what-not. Not her. She'd rush in before we could call her entry and yell "VAG IN THE FLOOR, MOTHERFUCKERS!" and proceed to flop wherever the fuck she wanted, often commenting "It smells like smashed ass and rusty dick in here! I'mma add my period to that." A total tomboy, and she was actually a petite, cute little blond to boot.

So there she was, a few other Specialists in the Aid Station, and SFC Affair. We told them the situation and SFC Rides-on-Dicks told us to promptly get lost, it "wasn't their problem". The medics there nodded in agreement and made various remarks about "stupid fucking infantry" and "who gives a shit about them", etc.

Except Doc Kessler.

She lit the fuck up like her daddy actually bought here a fucking pony (in all fairness, I'm pretty sure she'd rather receive a shotgun than a pony) and starting gathering her belongings. We were confused as fuck. She started ranting on and on: "THANK FUCKING GOD! Fuck these fucking cunts and their stuck up bullshit! I've been praying for a fucking rocket to come in and wipe them out for some fucking peace and quiet, always talking about their stupid boyfriends at home and their nails and all that other retarded shit no one gives a FUCK about!" As she walked towards us (we were in the door) she turned and gave them all the double-bird. "Catch you outside the wire, BITCHES!" I looked at one of my rifleman in confusion (he later went on to date her) and said "Um, we're going to be taking you on patrol… not out of your current living quarters."

Oh yeah, shit got awkward.

She turned, almost ready to cry. The others, well, THANK GOD glares can't kill. And from then on we noticed the ONLY time she went back to the Aid Station was to drop her shit off, resupply her Aid Bag, and sleep. (Sometimes, however, she napped in our tent)

After hardly a few patrols she was one of us, an exception to the rule that she fully acknowledged. She hated all the other females, talked shit with the infantry, and once even said "If I was the only female in the military I'd be fine with that. The rest aren't worth a fuck."

That, anons, was Doc Kessler.

his shit must have gotten pushed in for that one. Particularly if you have some logistics officers with a little bit of the 'tism who make sure everything is accounted for, always.

Yes, those are the kinds of women who make up the general female population, even in the military. They can be especially horrid if they're grouped together in a female-only, well, anything. Business, cheerleading, classes, makes no difference, you get a group of women together and the catty, bitchy, gossipy backstabbing nightmare begins. They certainly do not belong anywhere near military action, even if the exceptions to the rule want to be there.
The men should have stayed away from medical if the situation with them was as bad as Kessler said, but knowing young, stupid soldiers only thinking with their dicks, I somehow doubt that.

Do you post that meme here because they banned it on Holla Forums?

Fucking saved.

How insecure are burgers?

no because i dont see why it has not been posted yet.

Who's to say it wasn't built after the war by some guys who wanted to make a museum piece for boku bucks?

How many times do I need to explain Holla Forums‘s rule against “x is not white” posting?

(Fuckin checked and wrecked)
This thread seems like it's cruisin for a prunin', so- thanks again for the stories. I've enjoyed them a lot.

Americas Army 2 and Escape from Tarkov did them pretty good.

Only when it applies to shitposting about Burgers.

there is nothing wrong with blowing muzzies as a way to sell guns, but there is plenty wrong doing it while it suits (((them))) and their plans

Yes there is nothing wrong with invading, destabilizing, occupying and devastating countries for decades as long as the inhabitants are brown and are muslims amrite?
Nothing like losing countless amounts of materials, money and manpower just to occupy some rural mountainous shithole.

yeah pretty much
shithole with oil. It sucks but I just try to look at positive side of things, at least few muslims and terrorists got blown up.

You don't know shit about shit.

so what is the reason besides (((them)))?

You are retarded, if anything they have rare minerals, but not oil
And whats even better amerimutts got cucked out of what little oil afganisan had by Chinese.
And people wonder why muslims retaliate in western countries.
I hope yet again Afganistan proves itself as a graveyard of empires.

>so what is the reason besides (((them)))?
Military industrial complex fueling the war to sell more toys to USA gov

No, it also gets used to delete the typical “hurr, Spanish aren’t white because muh Moors.” “Greeks aren’t white because muh Ottomans.” “Irish aren’t white because I said so!”

Not to mention exporting debt

just look at their history, they have been stirring shit since their inception, which leads me to believe that they would have found a way and reason for attacks.

I said that I dont see problem with that as long as jews dont profit which they do tho

i never understood why Irish (((aren´t white)))

anglo meme. similar to the "napoleon was a manlet"

Yeah i did, and you know what? Muslim terrorist attacks are quite a recent phenomena, before '70 they were pretty much non existent.
Not to mention that all those "refugees" crisis are caused by USA mending in the region too.
So its ok for defense companies to defraud billions of USA taxpayer money?

Stop with that retarded meme

I dont mean just terrorist attacks, I mean military and other attack as well, it is in their religion.

why are the anglo´s so fucking salty and pretentious? jesus fucking christ they never shut the fuck up about their crappy empire and brag about hiding in a island in every military conflict they ever had

Muslims have always been fucking everything
in the middle ages they went full nuclear in their spread of islam wich is predicated by war when they got btfo by mongols Slavs and Spaniards they started enslaving people and pirating and now they do terrorist attacks

Pretty much what Said

Learn some history, post 1600ad Muslim wars against europeans were hardly ever occurring
You probably mean years from 700 to 1600 and i admit there was a lot of wars involving muslims there, but guess what, everybody was waring everybody at that time so no wonder that muslims tried to invade and expand, everybody tried to do that

Back to the Oven shill

Why wouldnt they try to expand? Islam was just a good casus beli but other than that everybody tried to expand.
Razing of Baghdad in 13th century is somehow connected to Tunnisian piracy in Mediterranean in 16th 17th and 18th century?

Roman empire has been static pretty much since the end of 2nd century (that means byzantines too)

last time they started doing shit without any involment of some "imperialist" was pretty recently, in the 90s, in serbia

Im not going to reply to you shill only this time so you can see how autistic you are

No fag
only mongols were triying to expand
here in europe everyone was triyign to see wich one´s version of christianity was the best one and burning pagans (the reason why europe was so weakened and (almost) conquered by muslims) and the wars that were for territorial reasons were mainly because of inheritance shenanigans (War of the roses) of course there were wars for territorial reasons (100 years war)

and even if that was the case the fact that everyone is a war criminal doesn´t give you the right to be a war criminal

easy fag their whole culture profits on war and muslims love profit islam is quite a materialistic religion/culture
no wars no profit
no profit=sad muslims
Piracy=profit
Profit=money and slaves for the harem

and even before you begin with >but muslims kept muh culture
these fuckers didn´t keep the old pre-christian european text to "salvage" them but rather as a exotic prize remember when i said muslims were materialistic? as a way to show off as the guy with the bigger dick in the room to other

but then again

so fuck off shill and never come back

After reading the recent posts, does this mean Mongolians are going to rise again and curbstomp Muslims and inadvertly save Europe again?

I hope so

pretty much but the real reason why muslims became so succesfull at first was because both byzantine empire and the persian empire have just finished a long war against each other and got as a bonus they both got ravaged by a plague, so they were both pretty much easy pickings. Europe has been Christian for few centruries already, especially ex roman territories which got conquered by muslims.

they fucked up eastern parts of europe pretty good too. Literally whole areas in central europe became epmty after their invasion.

And what do you do with clips when you have loose ammo? You reload your clips.

they actually got pushed back by moscovians and all that crap (the reason russia is so big is that mongols wouldn´t fuck off so they had to keep pushing and attacking till they were no more

that few centuries after their rule over them tho. What I was refering to was mongol invasion to hungary and poland.

I am ready.

if that is true then you are my nigga with your shield or on it

1-32?!?!?!'
3rd Brigade?!?!?

DON'T FUCK WITH ME! I'M ABOUT TO CRY!

Try some ArmA 3 with ACE, they become actual frag grenades.
Weapons that annoy me: None heuheueheue
No seriously none… Maybe flamethrowers. I want a tank with flamethrowers, something like the T-64 but just napalm everything

YES! YES! I was in 10th MTN, 3rd BG at the time!

I am crying…

Were you one of us?!?!?!?!

Enjoy that jamming, retard. Hope you got raped by russians to death.

Britain won its Empire through its navy with non of that
Go look up Royal Navy doctrine of the time, it demands that if a small gun boat runs across a ship/s greater in number or size (any enemy ship) the only course of action is to engage and destroy

10/10 screencapped and saved. This story will echo through my circle of patriotic friends for years.

You best be shitting me…is this about to be a reunion of legend?

I hope so. I'm running out of living friends from that tour.

Wouldn't that be worth a fortune if you managed to secure it and carry it all the way back to the states?