Koei Warriors

How are those latest warriors games?
Anything worth pirating, wasting hdd space?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/397720/Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms_Maker/
archive.is/tNWko
youtu.be/p_F_4Sn1ztc?t=4264
archive.is/bCWVR
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah, it really all went to shit after Samurai Warriors Chronicles. For some reason they decided to make Samurai Warriors 4 a PS4 version of that, and from here on out the standard that all musou games should be on par with a shitty console spinoff was set.
Berserk serves as an exception, not because it's particularly good, but because they were really determined to make it a faithful adaptation of berserk and kind of forgot to even try to make it a good musou as a result.
I really hate it to be honest, musous used to be my fucking drug.

Probably a confusing omission.

I see. But what elements of Chronicles are so important? I was going to pirate those things for story and fanservice mostly.
Also i heard very bad reception on berserk from berserk fans.

Chronicles did two things.
Basically, it turned musous into what the detractors always saw them as - easy as shit dullfests where you do nothing but slaughter peons by the thousands, officers being barely better than peons because hyper attacks are basically free now.

I remember when you had to fucking work for your 1000 ko's in musous. All a thing of the past.

I heard good things about DQ:H, haven't heard of or played the others. Berserk was an awful awful musou game, but had a neat idea or two in the game play.

Only Spirit of Sanada and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 are worth the money at the moment. Warriors All Stars is a little half-baked as stages and weapons, and Berserk is just as half-made.

Isn't that more a consequence of new systems being able to render way more enemies than gameplay? Now if you want a game that really makes getting 1,000 KOs worthless, Warriors All-Stars does it in spades to its detriment.

Maybe in fighting game it would make more sense, but a fucking musou? That's just silly.

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk is totally worth pirating it if you are a Berserk fanboy.
The first Berserk armor scene was better than in that 2017 cgi shitshow

No, it was still something of an exception in DW8 and in Hyrule Warriors it was easy as shit. And as much as I despise sonyggers, I sort of doubt the PS3 was less powerful than the WiiU.

The best Kekmo musou game recently is Attack on Titan

That game's 3D movement and boosting mechanic should have been in a 5th Gundam game.

Dragon Quest Heroes II is fun but I'm a huge DQ fan so I'm most definitely biased.

all stars just has the novelty of being a character mashup but is otherwise half baked. dynasty warriors 8 empires is my jam now that chaos difficulty is available. it never had it when it was first released

If you haven't, try getting the No Generics YTR custom campaign, replaces every generic with good custom officers. Hopefully it's still up if you search for Romance of the Three Kingdoms campaigns on Chaos difficulty.

This is nearly an outright fucking self parody.

i haven't tried many custom campaigns, i've only played around with making custom officer teams and enabling online so other custom vagabonds and shit appear. I'll see if i can find that one

You probably only enjoyed the Berserk one because you were a fan to begin with, plenty of people swear by the One Piece and Fist of the North Star Musous, mainly because they were One Piece/Hokuto fans.

Kens Rage soundtrack is unironically top fucking tier though

I will never understand why Ai Wo Torimodose!! wasn't in Ken's Rage 2.

Probably because this cover is shit

I was a Berserk fan and hated it. It's the shitties musou I've played, though I haven't played oodles of them. The gaget switching and shit was a pretty fun idea, though.

Preparrrrre tooooooooooooooo DIIIIIE!

Why you hatin' homie?

byootiful

Can't stand furshit.
Also terrible gameplay and lackluster roster.
It's just shit all around.

I like how they have almost no presence outside of the story cutscenes.

William really phoned it in for Warriors All-Stars.

Also this, the card/weapon system makes me want to die with how futile and random it feels.

I mean, you murder the peons en masse and can play as the three main ones.

If it was good musou I'd just skip cutscenes and enjoy gameplay, but it's not.
As if there can't be a good game with furshit in it no matter the heritage.

Saying all musous play the same is like saying all FPS play the same.
Nuances and in-depth differences make or break games,.
Orochi Musou Z is brilliant.
All stars is dog shit, despite looking similar on the outside.

Yeah, but they're not required to be played as at any point in the story, have no hot spring scenes or spring conversations.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the gameplay of the non-Warriors characters, but wow, the wrapping around it is a nightmare.

Also

Either you're misunderstanding my post or you're replying to the wrong guy.

Well, would you rather they shoved it in your face?

Not really, but at least give them the same fanservice the regular cast got, ditto for Opoona, although he was a special case driven entirely by fan reaction to him being teased, so the team worked hard to work him in properly.

I only like the gundam ones because i'm a fan of the series, but it's literal kusoge

Goddamnit I've been looping this nonstop. Why the fuck is Omega Force's composer so goddamned based?

I wish/hope the Gintama one isn't as shit.

Why Berserk? Sure it plays fine and all but the scale of everything doesn't work outside of the Golden Age. Anyway how's Fire Emblem Musou? I know it's mostly Awaking and Fate's characters but does it add anything interesting also to play a FE game that isn't a simple bare bones strategy game imo.

Best ones are still SW4E and WO3

Can't wait for my best girls

tbh it's pretty strange hearing him speak at all during combat

>tfw still no precure musou

So, i played the game a little. There are apparently three faction alignments for those furries. Shiki (practical bishounen furry), Setsuna (ambitious shota furry) and Tamaki (furry girl who wants throne for herself). They are essentially three campaigns of the game, divided into certain characters.
So, which one is best and why its Shiki?

Do we have a def. must play list, including doushinji?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
If you ask me in 5+years, I may make one, of course, inspired by.
I would need source material, to make similar monsters and behaviors.

Stay away from my daughters, soy boy.

Apparently the characters were too generic and they wanted to give them an otherworldly quality so after thinking and thinking some dude said "make em dog people" and they said "fuck it".

Literally the reason why there's furries in the game at all.

And the reason Shiki's better is because he's the only one with a personality that seems mature and not one-note, like he's doing what he does for reasons he thought about.

I really hope this doesn't advance to the next Romance of the Kingdoms game. I don't need furry foxgirls or dog people in my vidya strategy.

I've only played DQ Heroes 2. It's pretty good in general. It's improved in several ways from the first one but in a few ways it falls short of the first game. I'm hoping for a DQH3 that will have all of the good things from both games and minimizing the bad characteristics. There is a potential for an absolutely top notch game in this series we just haven't quite got it yet.

I remember the good old days.

The DQ games are great but it's because KT and Omega Force made them as A-RPGs and not as Musous and you can thank fucking Kou Shibusawa and enichi Ogasawara(the hero that brought us Strike Force and Toukiden) for that. Also Hokuto Musou / Ken's Rage 1 is top fucking tier as both a "Musou" and a Hokuto game. Only things better than it currently are the ASW fightan on the PS2 and the upcoming Hokuto Ga Gotoku game.

Good god, don't remind me of what an absolute shithole that place is now. It really became a sewer the moment Koei decided to make DW7 and SW3.

These look like shit
t. furfag

Guys, there's one thing i can't imagine. How the fuck they are going to make open world Empires game? Or will open world meme be just in one game?

Well it's a whole lot fucking easier to imagine than a mainline DW being open world.

When your waifu so loli that the Koei Fandom becomes divided because of her.

2old mane

All seriousness though. One of the characters basically gave the western Koeifags a salt depository because of some shit that happened historically.

It's only the plebbit and resetera fags that throw hissyfits and tantrums to the point of hilarity as if the inclusion of vidya loli waifu is gonna sour their already shitty game. You can easilly spot the fags on gamefaqs since they report posts and a lot of the "message deleted" posts were actually gfaqers telling them to blow themselves and quit being sour pussies. Doesn't help they are basically the equivalent of STDs if STDs were goons, they have spread all over the net and drove off the original fanbases away and once someone resists them, they are so assblasted they peg the admins to do something.

Hell, if you can stomach the equivalent of people swimming in their own pozzed jizz pool, go to Koei Warriors. Those fucks are beyond furious about Xiahouji to the point of issuing the whole "damned if you put her, damned if you don't".

Heck, some people got banned for saying "you know what? I want Xiahouji in, just so people can finally shut up about her and move the fuck on."

Pics related for full plebbit experience on the boards.

PS : And that's the pics relating to her, if you browse it you'll see the fags rejoicing about le open world maymays complete with house customization, hunting, fishing etc, how many characters are clones because screw fun, how they laud the "new" gameplay system that "refreshes" the franchise(it's Shadow of Mordor btw, they copied it and added a musou button) and finally them being excited that DLC weapons and movesets are coming their way while the A.I. is even more braindead and the most exciting thing to do in the game is fight against a bear that'll one-shot you.

Disregard first pic, made a mistake. Here's the proper one.

Then again Koei Warriors is a shit-tiered forum. They are the epitome of "No Chinese Fun Allowed." Like the worst thing the waifu did personally is adding mere annoyance to the already annoying Shu Kingdom…

But yeah KW is all about praising Koei that can do no wrong and ban those who question and criticize about the game. Adding historical waifu is basically their icebreaker.

Setsuna is best starting group, do you even Nobunyaga?

Romance of the Three Kingdoms leans towards historical drama. Now if you want full Deviantart.

store.steampowered.com/app/397720/Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms_Maker/

Do you think we have any hope for new Kessen or Bladestorm game?

It is not bonerlord, so hope is dead by default.

Well, i am playing bladestorm nightmare until bonerlord comes out.

I don't know. Sorta sure Bladestorm Nightmare was forgotten.

Its fun as fuck, but it was forgotten because on both PC and PS4 it run like shit. Right now i have better pc and can play it on maximum setting and have lots of fun. Gameplay is rather casual compared to M&B, but stats mean more than how you handle yourself.

Really, it runs bad on PS4 and PC? I have the PS3 version and while I didn't play it too much, never noticed anything out of the ordinary with it.

Because your ps3 version is based on older version of the engine. PS4 and PC versions are based on latest koei engine.

Ah, that makes sense.

Also it's got Koei pricing.

Dynasty Warriors 9 is looking pretty good. I'm interested to see how they integrate open world to Musou.

Jesus, they really did spread like a plague after the neofag refugee crisis. Can the gfaqers just report their shitty post too? I can't imagine that maybe a few reports would automatically warrant a deletion.

Things were like that after plebbit started becoming a really mainstream thing, long before the neofag rapefuge crisis. You can even notice who is neogaf and who is plebbit by the boards they go to and how many love MLP or have an avatar or name refering to it in conjunction with the date they joined.

The gfaqers can't exactly do that because it's prety gay but even when they do it, the reports are void because these fuckers don't violate any terms or forum rules, while the gfaqers who often use flowery language and are crude and crash, get burned instead. It's why there was a mass exodus from KoeiWarriors and like an user above said it's

With the higher tier stuff you wouldn't even touch the ground. The King Tiger Zero swords gave extra reach and with it's gear set, you just flew around the battlefield. Pretty fun.

My favorite is still One Piece Warriors 3. Koei perfected the rage system by allowing your team mates to help you with the Kizuna rush. Why they ditched that for the star system in All Stars I'll never know.
Not to mention the art style of one piece, about 30 characters to play as, the story through the arcs to about chapter 650 of the manga with no filler and all the move sets being pretty good for the character you play as.

Still can't get over how Linqui and Chunhua lost their unique weapons for ones already used by other characters. I wanna use the Cross Pike!

I tried to play it but I got 3 missions in where the mission I was about to do would crash my game to desktop.

It's shit.

archive.is/tNWko

It's popular in both china and japan, it makes sense.

Curious as to what they'd do with it. Better than being solely in the hands of EA.

I've not played any of those except for Berserk.
I'll tell you a setting that WOULD make a fun Warriors game though.
The Horus Heresy.
Koei needs to get in touch with GeeDubs.

They've been teasing it for years now, it's probably just a cocktease at this point to get the western fans wet in anticipation.

Didn't they hate it due to JewJew fucking it up with Boyenga and Daisy, killing Donnie Yen in Rogue Fart and the fucked Jedi being a farce?

Its going to be garbage like all of their games.

Personally they would have attracted the normies nowadays if they just made a Game of Thrones using the DW9 Engine.

They don't even need to do that anymore since DW9 is basically a more refined Shadow of Mordor at this point with the new system so they could infinitely reskin everything and clone it for a GoT setting and people would eat it up and neither EA nor Activision nor Bethesda for that matter would have to spend much, especially on a nip dev, since they seem to loathe it.

Ironically, normies or at least Nintenormies would gobble a Super Mario Musou. Just like they ate Fire Emblem Warriors despite it's utterly shit quality.

The characters still jump like in a PS1 game.

If you think that's hilarious, wait till you see the framerate on anything below a PS4Pro(I assume) on the Chinktube :

youtu.be/p_F_4Sn1ztc?t=4264

This is some Mass Effect 3 bullshit.

Look at that soulless gook who knows well that he is playing a turd but has to keep on pretending that its a good title.

I'm still waiting on a new Gundam one myself

Today I learned that cuckchan has its own Koei Warriors board. When the cancer so rich.

This entire post reeks of cancer and reddit in itself.

Today i learned that cuckchan has its own board on Holla Forums! Look:
>>>/cuckchan/

Was that on /vg/? Because they have their own generals there, it's been around for ages.

Yeah, that's what I remember from like 4 years ago.

Yes, the ones who convinced entire cuckchan to watch Three Kingdoms 2010 chinese tv series from which people to this day post webm of laughing Cao Cao and made most of benevolence maymays about dropping babies.

archive.is/bCWVR

What did you expect? Its koei. Most of their games are filled with costumes, weapons and horse dlcs that instead of being rewarded in game are being massively sold as dlcs. Rarely they get a few mission dlcs, but they usually shitty fan service or maps for easy grinding.
This isn't the worst of them. The worst of them is DW9 getting DW9XL as seperate game later, and then DW9 Empires and maybe even DW9 Spirit of Lu Bu.

This is the first time I've seen it in season pass form at least.

When has that not happened?