The solution to the (((Infantry))) problem

LADS, I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THE INFANTRY PROBLEM IN ADVANCE WARS
Make an armored unit, looks like a tank, but is equipped with a big flamethrower turret instead of a conventional one. It shoots fireballs as primary attack and has no secondary machine gun weapon. It depends on ammunition. (5 rounds). The flamethrower is perfect against infantry, meh but okay against weak armored units but can't attack air units. The kicker about this unit, however, is it's movement and attack patterns. It can attack twice instead of only once, and moves as fast as a light tank. Every time it moves and attacks, it can move again, but only the remaining number of tiles it hasn't moved yet. Think of it like cavalry units in Fire Emblem. Lastly, these units should cost 8000-9000 money units/credits for balance reasons.
Also, Advance Wars general I guess.

tiny metal wasn't even worth a pirate

Really? That's a shame.

not really

Wasn't it made off a scam as well?

Why don't they just let you bypass some unit when they're not your type, i.e. air units flying over all the other ones and vice versa, medium tanks being able to run over or at the very least OHKO Infantry on roads etc.?

Because that would makes air units extremely overpowered.

I love camping Rockets in whatever city for literally the entire match while doing whatever with everything else.

Wasn't the level up mechanic in DoR supposed to alleviate the problem with infantry spam? Just throwing infantry walls at the enemy units only made their units stronger.

It kinda worked, but it's not enough. Doesn't matter how much my tanks get fed, I end up having problems with Infantry walls.

I hate this meme!

Unless the enemy is Sammy and the map is fucking small, i don't see problems against cheap meatwalls.

Is that gimmick from Cuckelfish with the atrocious CO's art or the 3d chinese one?

It was the chink one yeah. I can't remember what the details of the whole scam thing was.
The most disappointing thing about all of this? The cucklefuckle game looked way better regardless.

>>>/facebook/

What have you gained by doing this?

A hardon

All profligates belong on a cross

But it would deprive shit like Fighters from being able to prevent land units from crossing bridges and chokes.

The project lead used the money that was intended for Project Phoenix I believe. You know how that game ended up. He said he'd revive it if Tiny Metal sold like 150,000 copies or something.

Literally triggered

Proof?

What a cunt

Why dont just add a dig in feature for infantry? takes 1 turn to do and it helps to secure ground aganist motorised units, it's vunerable to artillery

is this what you guys are using to play multiplayer on pc?

Cancer always attracts cancer
>>>/cuckchan/

What if artillery did damage to adjacent units?
This might make artillery too strong, but the only reason artillery is strong anyway is because the infantry is like a moveable wall.

>>>/gaschamber/

Jesus Christ, they're really pouring in.

loyal patriots willing to safe their nation
kikes ready to scheme (indirect combat, attack only when the weather is favorable)
slavs who don't no better, find one strength and just stick to it
ching chongs with no say in the matter. sent to the battlefield by force.

The Infantry problem is solved rather easily. All you have to do is make AA's do 100% damage to infantry unconditionally when it's at full HP. Defense stars don't matter, CO bonuses and detriments don't matter. It'll make air units worse, but bombers are situational anyway.

Shiggy diggy.

We're trying to make them less op dumbass.
What cancer did I miss?

I thought Blue Moon were slavs and Green Earth were Germans.

This and buffing recon units also work.

Or just play an actually well balanced game instead. Nips can never into balance.

Green Earth's models are based on the Germans but the COs represent Western Europe. Blue Moon are 100% slavs.

I still can't get over the fact that they don't have Humvee's or LAV's etc. Or the fact that it's just 5 soldiers take a "city".

This is now a shiggy thread

Then what's the Orange Star recon?

DoR slightly fixed it by making infantry cost 1,500 and also by removing their status of prime star fodder. It's still a vital unit, though, because you need it early game regardless of anything, and it's a cheap wall that at absolute worst gives your opponent +17% of their power gauge while letting your artillery live another turn. Levels barely matter in that game, since like in older ones, it's all about OHKO and 2HKO gateways. You rarely see a significant change until your unit reaches level 3 (which only realistically happens when you deploy a CO unit).

Now that's soyboy tier.

comes from post exodus halfchan (2017). The chad vs virgin art was drawn by a homosexual lolcow named Cooper Ward aka Ghoul from TRS and posted to his facebook account Fashy Memes for Fashy Goy's. It's spread was because it was shilled deliberately by TRS as a propaganda effort. It did not get popular here because Holla Forums's Holla Forums rejected TRS on account of hit being full of fags, CIA operatives and Jews. and /baphomet/ got involved when Cooper personally decided to start a fight with them. This was back when Mike Enoch from the Daily Shoah was discovered to be marred to a Trans Rights supporting B'nai B'rith Jew. for more evidence of TRS shilling just look at >>>/trs/

TL;DR: seriously the whole drama is rooted in politics, if you don't want politics in your video game threads then stop shilling that trash, it only proves you are a refugee from cuckchan

Thank you based user

K then.

City is the key word here. They're probably not cities as much as they are little towns. I'd buy that 5 or more dudes with guns could take a small territory.

I should have known those fags were involved. You don't need to be a Holla Forumsack to know they're pozzed to hell.
How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Levels helped, but not as much as the revamped CO system did. Since the base damage for wtank/antiair on infantry is 105%, you need as much in attack bonuses as they have in defense bonuses to secure the OHKO. The CO unit can move your plusses around the map, and no matter who you're using, they're giving you a +10/+10 to everything by default. So chances are there's going to be an exposed infantry somewhere along the wall that's either on a road or not covered by the enemy's zone, and that's your opportunity to make a play.
In prior games, most units were bland, so if there's an infantry on a forest or better, and you aren't playing one of the CO's who boost antiair, or have a tower, then you're shit outta luck.

what the fuck? they are not OP, if you are talking about advanced wars 2.

God help you if the CO is Sammy or Sensei.

In AW2 mechs are a bigger concern than infantry. Infantry being bullshit is typically an AWDS issue.

How would you improve it?, I'm making clone of advance wars in my spare time and it's ending up looling a lot like tiny metal, gameplay wise at least.

Show pics brah.

is it that game with the tanks where it shoots and the cloud/wind particle is super delayed along with the explosion, if so.
you should be able to skip the tutorial

Where can I download that? Want to give it a try.

I like how in DoR they managed to finally tone it down with infantry/mech spam and then proceeded to nullify their efforts by adding Bikers.

There is absolutely nothing wrong about KC.

Tiny Metal wasnt so bad, but its still up in the air whether they did steal the money or not for it. The biggest problems for it is not being able to combine troops, no navy and no special powers. But you can heal troops and combine their attacks for combos. I mean atleast its something since RIP advance wars

Do you really build bikers at an any different rate than infantry or mech? They have no firepower compared to mech and are far more expensive than infantry, so they fill a different role in the spam game.

It shouldn't be this hard to make a fucking AW clone.

He probably comes from that wacky parallel universe where anti-tanks are broken, so bike spam would be a necessary check against them.

Is super famicom any fun?

No. But it has Hetler.

Simply ebin.

Learn how to use echos, bitchnigger.

Are those infantry units jewish? No? Then either usw (((infantry problem))) or, better yet, start memeing responsibly you nu-Holla Forums fucktard.

Yes

You sure you aren't a chosen one?

I said simply ebin, s-so it was a j-joke too, haha.

You just described AA you retard

But it can't attack air units and it attacks twice, you dumb nigger.

as soon as i read that there werent any naval units, i instantly knew it wasnt worth my time

>It's not really that good.
Did this have anything besides Hetler and aesthetics?

It was Advance Wars before Advance Wars. But the first AW is better in every way, not even to mention the later games.

I can one up you

That looks like a sound, intelligent leader that I can trust with my life.

Will the /agdg/ lad ever deliver? I remember his WIP screencaps he showed us, although he never told us the name of his game. It was a clone, it was different. Tiles where isometric and had no textures and there was a third infantry unit; Machinegunner. Know what I'm talking about?

Not really. You can argue it's better multiplayer than AW1/2 just because you can delete units after they've moved (so you attack infantry with infantry, delete it, then move in a second to finish it off). But with its shitty map pool and no editor, it's really just a meme.

Touché

Okay, this one's trying way too hard. BW/TinyMetal/Wargroove have no business being so high.

You're a fucking nigger.

The picture failed to mention Grape's long separated first son, who's actually a chad thundercock as he proceeds to mate with his adoptive mother. By comparison, Grape's wife's new son looked wimpy.

You will die.

bump

Does anyone have that picture of the Advance Wars COs like pic related? I remember seeing it but I can't find it in my folder.

thanks!

No problem dude.

I think I do but I have 0 hopes it will be finished.

Do you think cucklefish will make a totally-not-trump bad guy that you punch at the end of the game or some bullshit?

Seems like I triggered a KC goon, because that strawman is truly KC tier.

I love the smell of asshurt weebs in the morning

The characters from a preview I watched are either rainbow colored or stronk wymen so I would expect no less. Also of note, Wargroove only has 2p maps AFAIK.

If wargroove's characters didn't look ugly as sin I wouldn't really care but each of them look like they got a tumblrite to draw them.

t. goon

I believe the worst part of Wargroove is its complete lack of coherency in the art style. The portraits, the units and the world map look like they came from three different spriters.

On that note, what the fuck is this Kraut meme? Memetics of countries that are not Finland and America are outright bizarre.

So have any of you lads tried ROMhacking?

HOLY FUCK I CAN'T BELIEVE I FOUND THIS!
I was wondering what the millions of anons were getting angry over at the lol thread months ago, but now I know.
Saved for future use.

I can kind of see what you mean, the units and the map don't look like they're from the same game, the map lacks detail in wargroove compared to the units. In AW it looks more consistent.

There's something really satisfying about how compact the unit sprites are in AW.

I guess they look consistent in that AW2 cities and forests were made as ugly as the new assets, but what's the problem with the other picture? It's ugly in its own way, but I don't see what's supposed to be inconsistent.

AW1 would have probably been a better comparison.

Nope, but if you want to find good ones, go to this channel.

Maps in wargroove look nice even though it's pixelshit, but the units in and out of battle look incredibly generic and in contrast the leaders are just FE characters with a hint of tumblr-redraws into them. All in all, they look like three different games entirely.

It's because each individual unit is made to almost entirely fit a "square" so that you can clearly see the map tile or unit above it, whereas Wargroove has units that are one and a third times as tall as the tile they're standing on. In that picture you can see the red dragon that is actually hovering on the lower mountain while his sprite occupies part of the higher one too. On that note, the "artsy" mountain doesn't clearly define the boundaries between different tile types, whereas advance wars made sure that all the extra detail appears only if four tiles of the same kind are connected (thus you clearly know the center is supposed to be of the same terrain) or on special occasions, such as mountains getting smaller when placed near bodies of water.

To me AW1 had the graphics (those cities and forests are damn comfy) and the lack of SCOPs going, but otherwise AW2 is the best one.

Alright, so I'm trying to put together a Holla Forums themed AW2 hack. I'm thinking of who to include for COs, but I'm not sure who could be in that could also have a corresponding trait.
There are obvious entries like
And some I would personally like
>Chen or Cirno/Yuuka

Some suggestions:
Not sure what his powers and passives/weaknesses would be, but if Holla Forums tan is in, he'd probably be a slightly weaker offshoot with a good passive for all his units.
Flak clone. That's all he really needs.
Possible Nell clone? Except instead of simply increasing damage at random, he increases and rounds damage at intervals that will always cause damage to be doubles or trips. Gets passive bonus damage of 11% for everything whenever his units would do doubles in percentages 11%, 22%, 33%, 100%, 122%, etc. Usually units cannot survive the trips bonus of 111% unless they're Kanbei's SCOP on an HQ so there's no need to increase the damage from that.
Max clone? Actually thinking about it, he would be better as an infantry CO with infantry that hit as hard as Sami/Domino's but have passive +1/+2 movement ranges with his COP and SCOP increasing damage even harder to the point even Mechs can be incredibly threatening. Everything else in his arsenal should be completely shit even compared to other infantry COs to balance this out.
Kanbei but with Green Earth unit aesthetics. Secretly make his bombers and anti-air units including missiles to be shittier than everyone else's for full effect

I'm on board with doomguy and Holla Forums tan.
I'm not sure if he should be a straight up Flak clone. I think it'd be fitting if his SCOP was the ability to crash enemy air units by sacrificing his own, and his COP being a defense buff, like big guy or something.
I want to get him in, I just don't know how well that would work.
I'm also a little lost for what powers Holla Forums tan, user and Vivian would have. Anything I could think of for Vivian would just be something more fitting for Holla Forums.

user could have something like sensei's powers but less powerful.

And while I'm here
He'd be Max, but with a different SCOP. The enemy pays him half of what they currently have.
Units directly next to APCs get an attack boost, but are a little weaker than Collin's troops otherwise. Still unsure of her COP/SCOP.
Units regain double health on cities, or just normal health on trees or mountains. His COP/SCOP is Andy's but without the power boost.

If I can't find a power for him, then I'll just give all infantry the user face.

How about, his normal COP makes one of his Jet-based units, eg a fighter or bomber, turn into a Black Bomb that deals massive damage to other air units only and then explodes? His SCOP would be that he gets to choose exactly which Jet unit on the map gets instantly crashed with no survivors while dealing nuke damage to anything nearby.
If so, he should get passive bonuses for jet units only, not copters, or possibly get them cheaper than everyone else since he'll be using them for 9/11 tactics.

I was thinking user could be like Sensei, in that his COP is 2 stars and spams infantry, though not necessairly on every city that he owns and not at 9hp. It could be like, for every infantry that there's at the map, it would spawn another 5hp infantry at their side, and if there's no elegible spot for that infantry, then at the nearest city that you own. Not sure what his SCOP would be, but being another infantry CO, he'd get 10% or 20% reduced firepower on land and air units.
I'm not sure if she can be a Sami clone, because she's lazy as shit. Maybe a Sonja without the passive FoW or having units not show actual health reach but with double the counterattack power? Her COP could be a weaker version of morale boost at 2 stars and possibly an untargetable Missile Silo strike as her SCOP?
I'm not sure either about him. One thing's for sure is that his COP and SCOP should be really strong but have a glaring disadvantage, like maybe a reversal in using defense values for buffing attack values, like turning all his units into glass cannons. But i'm not sure if that fits him. He should have no passives though, unlike /vr/ Tan who should have a weaker and different COP than him but with units that have passives.

I'd rather not give cake kike any more attention, even if it's just taking the piss.

Who is black hole going to be? Still bad guys?

Fucking swear.

immaculate conception

pretty accurate, mario should also get the toad description too

Is it possible to get days of ruin netplay to work?

So did anyone ever unlock the spanking scene in Advanced Wars?

Germany can't into humour.

So just a Zippo tank/riverboat?

The nature of user means that anyone can be one, so reflect this with something like the ability to spawn infantry on any captured city.

But that's wrong,
Besides, they already managed to pull the biggest practical joke of all times by making the French administration waste half their military budget to build a bunch of concrete slabs in Alsace.

That's fucking rad

The general consensus seems to be that user should be a Sensei clone. I can get down with this, but there needs to be a nerf of some kind. Maybe have the infantry all spawn with 1 health?

I could see Vivian being a not shit Sonja.
Holla Forums Tan could maybe have something where he pirates some units as a COP, and the SCOP is forcing the opponent to update his game.
The COP would be a little useless, but I can see this working. The real question is, should CIA join in?

Now Satan, we've talked about lying.

Have CIA as the villain trying to subvert 8chin?

The problem with 1hp infantry on every city would be that, probably, user players would just leave them in said cities and then rackup thousands of lost income in repairs for them for little gain, even if you make it 1 star per deployment it isn't worth it. If it was a Green user faction, then yeah 1hp infantry would be good. But we're 8ch and Red user was banned from everywhere for being too hardcore, and 2stars for 5hp infantry spam still means he has to repair his infantry over 2 days for max power instead of instantly using them from the getgo at 9hp, and if he combines 2 infantries in the same turn, it'll still be unable to do anything until another turn. What would his SCOP be though? It shouldn't be Mech spam, but something original.

I was thinking the SCOP could be a buff based on how many infantry units user had up to a cap, or maybe spawning APCs that has 3 injured infantry inside every city.

Do any of you have a preservation strategy that actually pays off? It does wonder in Days of Ruin where I personally care about staying away from any unnecessary casualties and finding a way to pull back units to safety to patch up and benefit from ranking up.

Going back to and fully playing though Dual Strike, especially after Days of Ruin, I found so much charm in the color and compactness and was fucking heartbroken to see you can only save 3 custom maps at one time for no fucking reason.

I love the little Black Hole Infantry so much.

Really makes ya think.

Yeah, I'm not buying that shit.

It's actually why I love these charts actually. I like trying to figure out where the poster is obviously talking about themselves.

Normally I'd disagree, on account of Jess being an interesting-but-underpowered CO who could use a little love in unit buffs, but the chart also hates Olaf and Drake, so obviously the guy that made it is a salty Jess player.

I used to play as all of them indiscriminately
Also half the characters are done in jest, except for the dual CO thing and Olaf because he was the only empty slot and I wanted to emulate all the other personality-type-charts but couldn't think of anything original to say about it