Kickstarter...is not that bad actually

Most of what I supported ended up bretty good.
Some are pretty meh.
Some are either trash or died.

Maybe I just have a better radar for what to support, but I'm curious any other anons who weren't totally boned?

No Kickstarter thing I funded was good
I've never given a cent to them

this

Kickstarter itself is fine, it's that vidya development isn't a great fit for it. Kickstarter really shines when it's used to fund products that simply require that financial boost to get going, like a board game that has all the rules and art done and just needs the funds to finance full-scale production. Vidya kind of sucks for it because even a minor misallocation of funds can bring the whole thing crashing down, and stretch goals are often pure guesses as to whether they're feasible to implement.

Haven't given a cent.

Kickstarter isn't bad, but people are retarded and awful, thus very little good comes out of it.

This, tbh.
Any kickstarter that just needs cash to start production and has almost completely perfect prototypes is fine.
If you're backing software development that has 10 concept pictures and someone's name attached to it with a 2 year timeline, you've got no hope

Get out commie I'll spend my money on whatever stupid shit I want.

I think the only game I backed that I didn't really enjoy was mercenary kings. That was because the gameplay sucked and the story didn't exist. The only thing keeping it going was the probertson art.

lol I got 90 000 dollars from kickstarter and havent even started working

goy i'm proud

Sure, sure

Bread and Circuses give us a reason to live another day.

Though fugly, Barnum was surprisingly not a jew. Merely English

well he sure does a damn good job merely pretending to be one then
Also i too do miss the days where i could have my bread whilst watching you in the circus preferably feeding the lions

Retarded ideas are an entirely different problem.

It is if you agree to it. Kickstarter exists because it's either that or no product whatsoever. You know the big studios often have terrible ideas and never do what fans actually want - just look at 40K all the great idea the community has for games.

Between a 0% chance to see the game you want and a 50% chance to see it if you risk some $$. Well, weather it's worth it is 100% subjective. It also depends on how much you want that game.
You're not just a customer, you're an investor.
And like all investments, it is a gamble, there are no gurantees.
Then again, there never are in life.

When backing a project, you should check if they have actual programmers already on board and a good and solid - almost finalized - concept and mechanical design.
Basically, unless the devs already have a very good understanding of development times, problems, and coding issues, then there is little hope.

Avoid projects that are all concept with lots of "maybe we'll add this" - it shows that the project isn't far along even on a conceptual and design level. That is something that should be 99% done when you start a kickstarter

I'm not sure if 'investor' is the right word. Generally, people backing a product don't see any return other than the product itself. Some system where investment comes with a promise of (say) profit sharing, even if it's only a one-time thing, might be interesting, although I have no doubt that'd come with a whole host of problems.

Boy you took a wrong turn on the way to resetera didn't you?

The Airacuda could have been an ok to good design if they just didn't have people in those gun pods

The point of capitalism is that you (that is, the customer) should support good things and not shit, thus ensuring that products and services get better. Instead you're deliberately supporting objectively bad products from objectively bad people. You don't actually like capitalism, you're just a faggot who uses it as an excuse to be stupid.

my dubs aren't shabby either

Risk of Rain did it right. An indie project that's essentially already a Beta, with ample gameplay footage shown. If I recall correctly, the amount asked for was just to hire a musician and buy the pro version of GameMaker, and then everything beyond that went towards updates and new features.

The product IS the profit, given that that is the point (goal) of this specific investment - getting the game. You're not investing to get money. If you wanted that, you'd invest in other things.

Can we get a list of kickstarted games that didn't suck? I'll start us off with Grim Dawn.

If I ever see you, no one else ever will again.

Bloodstained looks like it will end up decent because it simply lacks any red flags like the other kikestarter projects and has shown steady progress since development kicked in. A Hat in Time and Divinity are the only kickstarters that managed to be objectively good.

What you have to realize is that developers, especially ideaguy game directors are fucking idiots, and can't stay focused on one thing for more than 30 seconds. So when Kickstarter lets them make their "dream game", it comes out as an unfocused mess. Add into that their inability to budget and inability to schedule, and it's a mess all around, all brought on because of a lack of a publisher. And lastly, to make any serious money on kikestarter, you have to offer rewards like "insert your fursona into the game!!!!!", which, guess what, suddenly defiles that "perfect vision" the faggots had.

So what do you get, at the end of a day? An unfocused piece of shit that has everything and the kitchen sink, about 30 fursonas hidden throughout the game, delivered over-budget and three years late, all with no fun to be had.

And hey, if they do manage to squeeze out a good game, buy it AFTER the fact, you idiot, or even better, pirate it to see if it's good.

- Star Traders
- Empyrion
- Rimworld

Post your list of kickstarted things.