WHY?!?

archive.fo/8NE8A
nichegamer.com/2018/01/18/disgaea-hour-darkness-hd-remake-announced/

>RUMOR: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: LINK’S AWAKENING REMAKE PLANNED FOR 3DS
archive.fo/DeRcw
nichegamer.com/2018/01/18/rumor-legend-zelda-links-awakening-remake-planned-3ds/

Why are companies all of a suddenly deciding to remake their entire catalog of games? If they think it's cheaper and easier because it's just "updating" a old title, someone better slap some sense into them that actions like this will result in suicide. First of all, you have the fans of the original who are going to be autistically screeching over every single little change and questioning as to why it had to take place. Second, the developers working on the team are not the same people who developed the original game (Both in a literally and figuratively), so you know it's not going to be the "same game" right from the get-go. Third, you have the title's name and legacy to live up to, meaning that if you fail the expectations that title has built up over the years that it's been out and already gained acclaim for, it's going to come back and haunt you. And, fourth, all of the time and money spent on "updating" the game to current platforms (New assets, game mechanics, story elements) is just about equal to making a new game, so…WHY DON'T THEY JUST MAKE A NEW GAME?!

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/31/shadow-of-the-colossus-for-ps4-launches-february-6-watch-the-opening/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They want younger people to experience the old games

they do make new games
its just super cheap to remake old games also

Because Nintendo and NIS are both mentally retarded companies that you shouldn't be buying products from

A new Link's Awakening wouldn't be so bad if it was just updated to prettier more colorful sprites.

Oh.

I think remakes are necessary in games where the graphics are important, such as the first 4 Rance games. I'm glad they got remade with new art.

Why does it have to end like this? The 3DS had a solid run but now it's going to die being the dump for shitty "remakes" that don't understand what the originals did right.

It's because has-bins want to pretend they can make better games than the ones made by more talented devs that probably left Nintendo already.

What? I can only hope that they mean they're using the BotW engine (the only good part of he game) to remake it, maybe with some sequence breaking bullshit. As long as Koizumi directs it again I wouldn't have a problem with it but he's been exiled to the Mario series and that's Nintendo's biggest blunder. Seriously, I think Anouma would be great on the Mario franchise and Koizumi was made for the Zelda franchise. I'm sure if he did the Link's Awakening remake he'd probably just make the intro a little longer and force you to use the camera instead of just figuring out how to use the shield.

Why the fuck would you make something new if you're following the jewish model? You can't make something new; jews don't know how to do that.

Why the fuck would you hope that? It would only be good if they keep it 2D.

Did you read the part immediately after what I just said? What's the point of re-making a game if it's literally just the same fucking thing? You either add something extra or go the extra mile and change up the basics. Link's Awakening is already perfect, you'll just complain if they change any minor thing so just overhaul it and maybe something else good can come out of it.

How about just making a new game that doesn't suck ass instead of a half-assed pseudo sequel for a weak attempt at nostalgia shekels?

That's exactly my point, you fucking retard.

finish putting out all the disgaea remakes on pc before ya do anything else NIS

Your point is that you're fucking retarded?

Old news, but…
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/31/shadow-of-the-colossus-for-ps4-launches-february-6-watch-the-opening/

inferior sequels, reboots, remakes, HD remasters…. will we ever escape this wasteland?

They're really riding that until it falls apart. I guess they actually still make money off of the 3DS. I guess with all the nip nong mobile gaming thing it makes sense.

Bacause they are creatively bankrupt user, anything new they try ends up being inferior to what has come before, so in a attempt to keep the appearance that "they still got it" they remake shit they were successful in the past.
The wave of new casuals that never played those games but want the "gamer cred" that comes with it doesn't help one bit.

Gaming has been filled with remakes since gaming existed you underage, do you even know how many remakes there are on the SNES alone

could you give us a ballpark number?

I'll give you a full list:

Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei I and II (Two NES games, remade and bundled together as Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei)
Tetris and Dr. Mario (Two Gameboy games, remade and bundled together as Tetris & Dr. Mario)
Dragon Quest I and II (Two NES games, remade and bundled together as Dragon Quest I & II)
Dragon Quest III (NES game, remake)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (NES game, remake included in the SNES sequel Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem)
Kirby's Dream Land (Gameboy game, remade and included in Kirby Super Star)
Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2 (USA), Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels and Super Mario Bros 3 (Four NES games, remade and bundled together as Super Mario All-Stars)
Tecmo Super Bowl (NES game, remake)
Ys III: Wanderers from Ys (PC-9800 game, remake)

That's 15 remakes across 9 releases

thanks!
so that looks like a relatively small section of the system's library (right?). compared to more recent systems that seem to have way more remakes and ports. (maybe we need like, a pie chart?)

wait a minute, think you're forgetting something the ninja gaiden trilogy ( I feel like there should be way more on that list)

Recent systems have way more games in general tough, so more remakes are just part of that. There are 783 SNES games, while there are 1439 PS3 games (Counting only games with a physical release).
There's also more old games, so more games you can remake.

I just went down my SNES roms and it's entirely possible it's missing some games

I find it fairly annoying how incomplete supposed COMPLETE rom sets are. Usually missing a lot of JP exclusives and usually zero bootlegs or "unreleased" games.

For the glory of Satan and easy shekels, of course!
By the way have you bought your copy of Skyrim Special Edition yet, user?

I think the difference between the remakes made in the past and the current remakes made in this decade, is that the latter dont know what made the previous version actually appealing

Like the Mario RPG remake or the YU-NO one

Well, here's a relevant question then, how many Genesis romsets have Divine Sealing? If they have the gull to say "This is the entire consoles catalog, we swear.", and then leave out any game for any reason (In this case, it's because said game is hentai), then those people deserve to be burned at the stake.

I didn't even buy the game the first time it came out.

It may have also served for advertising purposes because (1) it did show off all of the new system's capabilities so players of the original can have "testimonials" over the differences (And give developers a chance to test their new limits), and (2) backwards comparability wasn't much of a thing back then so it did help to "legitmately" boost a console's library. Also, it may have been from developers trying to "Get the game right" because most of the "rereleases" were arcade ports back in the day.