Burnout

How do you not become one?
After decades of playing, thousand of hours spent on vidya, is it normal to don't know what to play and have lack of enjoyment?

stop making these
dubs

I think I am close to being a vidya burnout myself. I guess a longer break or some another hobby might help. Btw wojak is apparently a cuckchan meme so expect screetching autists

No one cares. Fuck off.

I know this feel

I guessed the same and took a break, but nothing has really changed.

wew, so much anger… i bet you play CoD too
nice try faggot, Dismissed a report for post #14173879

By taking long breaks from time to time
I got burnout as a kid, then picked other hobbies, then as a teenager, and then as an adult
But the breaks are longer and longer each time, job grants no time
In your case you need a break, i would say 6 months, pick movies, drawing or maybe even music

And no, not liking modern stuff is not an excuse, just download old stuff if you feel (rightfully) picky

Watch some classic movies and nature documentaries, that always works for me. Getting dubs helps too.

Pick several games outside your normal tastes, try niche open source games, install an emulator and play old games you used to play or the ones you never did. The alternative is try other hobbies or self improvement.

The thing is that even being busy all day, I can't enjoy those chill moments playing vidya as I used to.

You were pretty far from dubs, user, sorry.

Do something else for a change. Your brain gets used to the stimulus of vidya and no longer releases as much dopamine, so you're less motivated. Take a long break and get into something different. Then you can come back to vidya if you want.
As the old saying goes, diversity is the spice of life unless that diversity is niggers. So add some spice to your life, user.

Shitposting doesn't help.

try different genres, some you might have never played, focus on IRL stuff try to obtain an objective, something hard, perhaps losing laot of weight getting fit? getting a good gf? or perhaps something that is hard that let's you appreciate gaming alot more

go be an emo faggot on >>>/4chan/ , this is a place for vidya and those who love to hate them

Yes, it's called a burnout, doesn't have to do with time available, it is kinda like a clinical depression: you are not sad nor suicidal but you just can't bring yourself to do something you liked
Solution is not jew pills but a long and relaxed break, if you force said break you will not make it, you need to pick another hobby or activity and then return softly

It is the normal consensus and ancient solution from around here

Stop playing the games you don't enjoy, stop playing games with a long play time (note look up average time for games), stop completionist runs and just roll with your failures, play outside your comfort zone, get a hobby and doing something productive, don't play more then 3 hours, and finally play inline with a small group of friends.

Half those guys just start shit for the sake of it.

I don't think you know your place either, friendorino

Sounds like what you want out of a video game has changed. It's a part of getting older and as in all things your taste will change. Back off, take a look at the big picture of games in general and ask yourself: "What do I want out of a video game?" Then pursue that avenue as if you have never played games before.

Find another hobby and then come back. If you don't you'll get hooked on some game that isn't fun and you only play as a time sink due to its extreme replay value, like mobas. I stopped and started going on /m/ despite it being kind of dead and made some gunpla.

then it fits this thread perfectly

At least tell us what you play so we can judge if burnout is from.