Dark Souls: Remastered Edition

What 'd you like to be different from original ?

I would love to see fixed hit-boxes and overall collisions.

We have many tools by now, from DSFIX to Wulf connectivity fix.
And that makes DS1 playable(nearly..).

Love to see, similar things implemented in game by From Software.

Better covenant system too.

What to expect on PC:
60 FPS -> [660GTX+]&[i5] for 60fps
New API -> DX11 ?
Password based match making, like in DS3
Soft-ban system

Don´t expect much of "remastering", because From S. said that they will not be tweaking game-play ascpect of the game. Which kinda sucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls.wikidot.com/game-patches
archive.is/VYhov
archive.is/ZqVqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buffed rolls.
Buffed longswords.
Nerfed poise.
Buffed estus.
More bonfires.

Everything after O&S.

removal of skeleton key

removal of skeletons

Make it a microtransaction.

It's going to be nothing a resolution/framerate patch.

have to chase that chinese market

Fuck, really? Was expecting more than a graphics upgrade

Yep, so Community mods/fixes will be our only chance to enjoy this game. ==AGAIN==…
But I forgot to mention that they will be "==remastering=="
all textures to at least 2K with some in 4K..
So at least something here.

The only gameplay change will be the multiplayer since you'll be able to have up to 6 players.

I can't imagine that they will leave the obviously unfinished shit like the dragon ass in Ariamis, the dragon asses in Lost Izalith, bed of chaos and so on in the game. It will be the BB/DS3 engine, right? Or are they literally shipping a 2/4k texture pack and servers as the remastered version at full price?

clever das3 joke

Nah, texture bucket(engine limit) size was around 500MB in DS1, so it must be tweaked. ->
If it will not use new engine, it will use the old one with many tweaks and new api.

And it will be on switch, so OPENGL maybe ?

Or vulkan right? Isn't that shit easily portable everywhere?

I hoped they fixed magic but i see its just gonna be the same game, also there isn't much value to this over the old version other than the potential to be a griefer again in PvP

They won't fix broken shit, so I only have a vague hope they might get some of the cut content and finish that shit, but nah, probably gonna be DLC or some shit to tease for Dark Souls 2 and 3 electric boogaloo

DS1 has almost flawless hitboxes. It's DS2 that has the shit ones.

Inventory to change from a giant list to a grid.

So, is this game going to be recreated in the new engine or not? I think that'd be too much work for something that they're not going to charge full price for.

You guys really shouldn't be raising your hopes so high. It's going to be the same exact game but with tweaks and fixes to the servers and online play.

DS1 was successful as it was so they're not going to put in any more effort than they have to.

I doubt it, most likely going to use the PhyreEngine again.

I want the original story and cut content. i want pricialla to be your level up girl like maiden in black. I want gravelords to work. And for fucks sake tell me about velka. none of this will happen

your raising your hopes to high, things are not allowed to be good, they are going to add in a level up bitch and a hubworld to make everything a boring loading screen simulator

Get out forever. Bonfire-chan is objectively the best levelup. There is no counter-argument other than "muh waifu"

RIP Gravelords

heavens, they were already dead

Cloth physics for black set and baller armor having capes.
And Ornstein helmet having a plume.
Day 1 purchase either way, best game ever.

buff poise

these might actually happen
velkas rapier is underrated btw

I never used it and in all my time never saw anyone else use it. What exactly does it have going for it?

everyone says its bad simply because its damage is sub par and its scaling requires a lot of investment
BUT
because its magic most armors will take more damage then you think they would, and because its in the thrusting sword class most armors will take more damage then you think they would, excellent armor peircing weapon very fast very light decent range
and for style points you can carve a big V into their ass

You'd hope for stuff like Lost Izalith to be redone, graphics upgrades and leaving the stuff intact. I hope they don't change it to DS3's speed and mechanics. DS1 is good because of poise and its general slow combat.

I only used it for style. It's pretty shit in PvE, but only retards play PvP in souls games so whatever.

Why should they? I mean the combat works (beyond the absence of omni-directional rolling) and has no need of reworking beyond making dual-wielding and crossbows viable and making spells holdable.
We can only hope they'll be able to implement everything they got right from all of the fucking series

They sort of made Magic viable in DS2, infact they were OP at some point. Too bad DS2 is a terrible game other than making weird builds that actually worked

Fashion souls is a thing, i wish Bloodborne had more military outfits in the game but i guess i can't complain since its already near-perfect

I want DaS2's smooth rolls. Not adaptability though.

shoot, it would be neat if they added in some of the cut animations and unfinished plots/concepts… especially with poor Floofy Tail. I suppose at this point I'll just be happy if they smooth out the online play and up the graphics a bit though.

On that note, has there still not been any screenshots released?

but normal dark souls 1 is the best looking, although I wouldn't mind cloth physics
I would also like them to add powerstancing to a game thats good, but I dont expect it

Dream would be

You're getting that as long as you're aren't playing the switch version. On the flipside you'll be able also play Dark Souls in handheld mode on the switch.

eyup. that's pretty much the best case scenario.

keep those asshole knights in anor londo.

you know the ones.

They already said there will be no content changes

wrong, they confirmed engine changes

U no parry ? U no souls…

Source?

from OP
to lazy to snag the actual source but it was all that was talked about last thread

Try harder.

Doesn't mean they aren't using the same engine

it means they tweaked it at least a little, and I am betting more

The best weapon for magic is the painting guardian sword enchanted +5.
It has S magic scales, you can get up to 600 damage on a hit which is phenomenal for a weapon that has so little stamina cost, is quick and has great movesets.

Why are faggots even discussing 60 fps, there has been a fix for that for years, along with a resolution fix.
There is nothing this "remastered" edition offers, I'm not buying the same fucking game for a graphics patch and working multiplayer after Windows shit the bed.

They did a bunch of changes for pvp balance that fuck up the solo game, monsters have reduced aggro ranges, everything gives too much souls, the drop rate for shit is near 100% meaning that if you played the game on steam you played an easy piece of shit compared to people that played it on ps3/xbox in the first week or so.

Though I won't pretend that the frame rate and other game busting shit was perfect in that version, its better than the patched to oblivion one most people played and I hope the remaster is closer to patch 1.0 than the steam release.

I didnt say velkas rapier was the best, or even good,just underated
I see all the mechanical merits of the painting gaurdian sword but I personaly fucking hate it, damn thing is so short
the best weapon for magic is actually your phys scaling weapon that you fully scale with, with fully scaled crystal magic weapon applied

Well what I was going for was a complete bleed build.
I also had enchanted barbed sword +5, and a lightning barbed shield+5
The armor was a mix of sealers armor and eastern armor. Encumbrance under 25%
Other then scythe fags I could stun lock practically anyone and the backstabs were around 1800 for it gets the same bonus as knives.

Stop lying lmao, I have probably 1300+ hours on PC DaS and 700 on PS3
Grinding was no different for green shards, blue chunks, and large titanite.
No additional slabs for chests, the game early on had ways for you to get nearly a 100% chance of something dropping, with humanity and other buffs from armor or rings.

Nearly everything had its drop rate buffed and souls increased from v1 on ps3 to whatever it was at by the time it came out on steam.

I didnt play before the patch but grinding items is fucking hell as is, I do feel like I get way more souls then I know what to do with, so I end up spending them all on titanite since drops arent real

that's because Fromsoftware is not making the remake. Its being outsourced, therefore to ensure quality Fromsoftware put the foot down on game play changes.

darksouls.wikidot.com/game-patches

archive.is/VYhov
From slotaku:

So likely using the DS3 engine on the PC/PS4/XB1 ports, no word of who is handling WiiU2 port.
I'm betting that the remaster will see some significant mechanic changes to put it more in line with DS3, which has been far more lucrative being more approachable to the less hardcore player, I mean, let's just admit that DaS1 is a fucking asshole all the way through.
WiiU2 port will probably be the most direct port, probably of the PC version currently available with some downscaled settings.

So it was buffed before it was even released on Steam, so it wasn't for Steam.
They probably just didn't want to repeat DeS level grinding, killing a Crystal moth 20-30 time seems appropriate for a chunk.
So does killing 12-18 slimes for a greenshard.
Certain boss weapons were infuriating to get as even with high humanity and all the necessary items to get item discovery around 200 the Demon Greatsword was still only 50% drop.
But this is negated later game as you can flat out buy it from the Eastern game.

They don't want to do any work, their cashcow souls games are forgotten, other companies are finally mastering and excelling over the combat they created.
Hopefully they go back to making armored cores, and good ones.

Git gud scrub

How much you wanna bet they nerf it, cuz 10 year olds will think it too hard

I never said it was done because it was going to be on steam, it was just done slowly over time and lead to the game not being nearly as challenging and the steam users can't roll back meaning the only way to play (in my opinion) the best version of the game is to play it on console with terrible framerates and unplayable segments.

The netcode change is welcome.

Dork Souls: Pay For DSFix Edition. I bet that's all it's going to be, just better resolution and 60 fps, hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it even had the ladder bug from DSFix.

Its only welcome because windows abandoned multiplayer when Windows crashed, Steam then supported it for a few years.
To me its churning me to pay more money for the same game.

Exactly, I get the feeling that half the people in this thread don't realize DS fix is a thing or can't figure it out.

There will be DENUVO this time.

I just want a few weeks of active multiplayer so I can get summoned and invade in less popular places. That's pretty much guaranteed.

For the rest, who knows. Bamco doesn't even know what the full feature list is yet.

Thanks user

Demon's Souls remaster never

Pretty much the only way to stop me from buying this, since my original copy was for the PS3.

I want easy coop. Its the only thing i missed when the og released. Could only invade shit and while it being great to cheese the shit out of new people, i still miss the comeradery from ds2 coop playthroughs when it was active on x360.

I would like to not have to buy it since I already own Dark Souls, and if I wanted to have to buy games over and over, I'd get a console.

wew

wew yourself fagman

It is a fucking (((remaster))). What do you expect, honestly? Im just curious how doest it run on switch

this, all I care about is handheld dork sowells.

720p 30 fps blighttown will prob kill your childs toy tho

Why there's no pausing the game, it seems like it would be shit on the Switch, but the switch just seems like shit in general.

Hidetaka Miyazaki who became the president during dork souls 2 wants to make new games. He was quoted as saying he wasn't opposed to third party developers making remakes but he doesn't want his people getting stuck making souls games.

archive.is/ZqVqQ

that's where you are wrong.
because its not for casuals like (you). Git gud scrub.

Who was the faggot who fucked ds2 lightning up and forcefed bullshots until 2 weeks pre release and what is that shitstain doing now

I dont have switch, Im not a manchild, just curious how badly will they fuck up a 7 years old game.

I don't even care about gameplay changes aslong as they fix the fucking backstabbing.

Maybe the cardboard will make it more playable. :^)

The idea of a remaster in itself a milking of the series, "stuck making souls game"
More like he took a successful series, of DeS and DaS then rode it into a ground by outright ignoring DaS2 and only being mildly involved in DaS3.
They have Armored Core and DaS/DeS/BB, that's what their known for I doubt they can make another hit.

Its a gaming tablet buddy, its shit by nature.
Yeah because the point I was trying to make is how hard it is not that it is "portable" which would require you to be able to fucking pause the game.

For me the ideal would be what Vanillaware did with Odin Sphere - the entire game was retuned from stage design to core gameplay as well as add new content. But the original game is also part of the package.

Like i give a fuck what your prefered childrens toy is. Secretly, i admire handheld consoles and still play my psp regulary but i have no interest in nintendo and psp vita is basicly an indie machine at this point

That was exciting because you could get it easily and faster compared to one where you HAD to have 25 faith (if offline) to get access to the covenant that gives it to you. But 3 strikes? 3 FUCKING STRIKES! WHO DECIDED THAT SHIT!

haha oh man works in both ways. You just need to go full autism. i had by the end of the game around 120 spears which would basicly oneshot everything in the base game (softs). The real treason was upping enemy defenses in the dlcs making magic use basicly impossible. The first enemies you meet in that ice world with the wind coming out from the door need around 4-5 spears and both have shields or insane gap closers. totally killed my prefered way of playing video games (i love anything with spear throwing) fuck, now im sad

What about lootboxes? would that stop you?

Don't do this to me user.

Just got off the phone with the namco execs. They said they won't use denuvo, lootboxes, always online or microtransactions. So you can safely pre order now.

off topic, but does anyone have that old ms paint comic where a total weeb plays dark souls, gets his ass kicked by the crestfallen warrior and cries?

God Maria was so great and Bonfire Keeper in Dark Souls 3 was so shit.

I only played Dark Souls 1 so I don't know much about the other from software games besides what I see on youtube.

minimap
quest arrows
item highlighting

Pray they don't use the remaster to permanently shit on it with all the retarded retconning and addendums DaS3 did.

the later ones are not as good but worth the time to play them IMO
3 has group combat pvp that you cant really get in the others but it looks like thats coming to the remaster

I'd like it to have a better framerate/resolution and for the second half of the game to actually be finished, but that's not going to happen.

It should be standard. Also that "fix" doesn't work on everyones hardware. Also it's glitchy as fuck.

Look out, we've got one of those hardcore gamers that only plays hardcore games for adults like Halo, Mortal Kombat and [sports game]2018.

There is a BIG difference between:
DSFIX/NATIVE SUPPORT FOR EVERYTHING THAT DSFIX DOES".
What do I even compare:
"native support for internal resolution scaling" /
"injected static library upscaling everything"
and
"native support for 60fps"/
"injected static library that overrides maybe beginScene and endScene, forcibly
making game to render another 30 frames.."
Bonuses:
No stupid injection into obsolete api.
Would be nice to get dx11+ version with bigger memory pool, more fluid frame-pacing&framerate.

Technically speaking, ppl who say, that you pay for DSFIX are completely WRONG.
Example:

NOT RELATED DIRECTLY TO DSFIX.
Though it can be fixed by it. It´s little bit complicated, and there are more than 1
solution to that problem, (given approach), but I won´t bother you with this
bullshit. This bug can in fact happen in totally unmodified game.

going into a sleep state would likely pause the game. pretending to be a curmudgeon just to try and fit in dosen't work around these parts kiddo.
you should stop posting.

Never pre-order.

I'm sure someone already wrote this, but damn, I wish I were in a timeline where we get a remaster of Demon Souls instead of DaS. inb4 user u r retarded, from software does not own demon souls
Damn Sony are just shutting down the servers instead of being productive. Where their money from "multiplayer for paid games with singleplayer" ps+ goes to?

solid gold toilets and personal jets and coke and whores and imported cigars and fancy cars and 800 dollar suits, or the Japanese equivalent of these things.

Oh nintendrones are on another level.

Building an army to compete with Samsung's one.

But how will pikachu and snorlax look in HD?

Either gloating or miserable. Everyone is gonna walk into that room with a full party and then it depends on who curbstomps who.

I can't wait to pay $60 for this again. Don't you fellow goyim?

"paying"

come on, m8

That's something I didn't think about until you just mentioned it; The ability to summon more people is going to trivialize the entirety of this game, assuming that no major changes are made. Now, not only will there be gank squads everywhere, the game will suddenly lose its "lol so hard" reputation. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

actual good AI this fucking time

I mean,i'd rather be fighting a boss with some friends and laughing about it then just being there alone,but that's me.

This.
I wonder how long this will keep building up until Mark gets his fat ass doing something about it.
Maybe he's trying to kill the board.

This, DSFixs 60fps mode speeds up animations and generally fucks the game up even beyond the fringe ladder and jump glitches. It's pretty much unplayable, it affects poison timing, how fast estus heals you, DoTs and all sorts of shit. The game feels weird as fuck when you have it on.

The much more likely scenario is that it will just save and quit to the main menu, or do the equivalent of that and then auto-load once you wake it up again.

Holy shit this board is fucked

I think in DaS2 and 3, the bosses get more HP the more people you summon, so it's not all that bad, but the boss AI usually shits the bed when facing more than one target

I fucking hate you faggots sometimes. Dark Souls doesn't need fixes, doesn't need a remaster, and it doesn't need more community input to casualize the series even further.

Add in all the stuff they weren't able to finish like in Lost Izalth or lower undead burg

this, dark souls 1 is the best in the series by far and its the best looking to
I will keep an eye on this remaster because of the slight chance it adds things I want (finish later areas, re-add cut content, omni directional rolling, a cape on the balder armor ect) but it is far from NEEDING it

I fucking cheesed that one fatass boss,vordt? with another player when i was trying to be a nice summoner,just let him distract him and you can go to town on his butt.

Why can't they understand that Dark Souls is the perfect game? It's an absolute masterpiece but low IQ plebs feel the need to ruin it with bullshit changes.

if they don't add all the stuff they originally wanted to, the remaster is a waste of time, regardless of how pretty it looks.

it's almost like this is a community and not a group think. Go back to Tumblr, you might be more comfortable there, faggot
Nice dubs

They won't add shit, it's going to be a graphical touch up and there's going to be cape physics. Hopefully they spruce up the armors and give the balder equipment the cape they deserve. Also hopefully they'll add in the easy fix of being able to remove all the skirts in the game, because skirts on a lot of the armors are not good to look at

It get painfully boring after you ring the second bell. Maybe even before that considering you have to pass the swamp area whats its name.

say that to me again in sens fortress not on an imageboard fucko

You just can't appreciate it my man. Stick to Call of Duty, it's probably more your speed.

Smough's set still looks terrible on players because the arms clip through the body regardless of the selected body type or even the weapon you have and the head, for some reason, looks like it's made of jello. It's a really cool set in theory but it just doesn't work for player characters. It's the same with Velstadt in DaS2 - badass armor but put it on the chosen undead manlet and it looks pathetic. Incidentally, DaS2 had a armor similar to Smough's but sadly it was all charred and raggedy.
I'd also argue that some other sets look worse in DaS3, particularly Lautrec's hugbox armor because they remade it to look too form-fitting. Another example is the Silver/Black Knight helms where they completely fucked up the dark obscuring the face.

I always go solo but I like helping other players. DaS3 kinda took the fun out of that by allowing 4 player parties (or 5 if there's a Blue and he decides to PvE while a present invader is hiding) which invites assholes that literally stay behind as the phantoms do all the dirty work.

I'd welcome a remaster that meant reworking the post-Bert & Ernie parts into what they wanted them to be but we all know that's not happening. Shit the Bed of Chaos will probably remain in all its glory.

No, we don't need retards who can't git gud complaining about needing to fix shit that isn't broken. Fuck off. I bet you were one of the faggots who wined that it was too difficult to obtain Blood Rocks and Chunks in Bloodborne, so they added the ability to buy the fucking things at the Insight fountain.

Smoughs armor man tits are a thing of beauty

whined*

Thread A and Thread B differ because different entries have different track records for hitboxes. Sometimes they're generally very good, like Dark Souls. Other times they're largely steaming shit, like Dark Souls 2 combining fucky I-frame startups with lying gamey hitboxes that don't match physical models, outside some of the DLC bosses. And in the same game, you can have really good hitboxes and really bad ones; the disparity between Bloodborne early game & general primary content having exactingly modeled hitboxes & hitframes as compared to many of the Chalice Dungeon bosses, which have non-striking surfaces of swinging limbs/heads/necks/empty spaces between arms/etc deal full damage and do so retroactively on parts of limbs that are moving away from you. Dark Souls 3 is a completely mixed bag that tends towards the mediocre. Demon's Souls is just a little janky and floaty in all respects, but as it hasn't sped up or gone through new-engine/drastic rebalance growing pains as its successors had, this isn't generally a problem.

4 kings area (can't even remember its name) and Izalith you might have a point but even then they were acceptable

After the novelty of the aesthetic wears off and then some for the simplistic combat there isn't really much to the game. I'm not saying its bad, its just boring.

Yeah I realize later games have some issues but my post was limited to Dark Souls 1 specifically. Namely this gif always getting reposted in "hitbox porn" threads that I had in mind while typing the post

I ain't clickin' that shit nigga.

compared to what?

Have you played DS3? It at least makes it look like your first pic to a degree, DS1 had the biggest problem with it because armor just warped and stretched out when you took the normal stance. I feel like wearing different armors should change your posture slightly because you have to physically wear it, and in 3 they at least make that somewhat apparent by having the elbows cock outward the wider your armor is.

topwew

A greataxe fights nothing like a claymore which fights very dissimilar to a longsword which is different from a gold or silver tracer, and all of those are very different from maces, halberds and spears

in three they actualy made the armor some creepy bullshit that breaths and stuff, without ever mentioning it, put on just the head and watch the fat neck part morph and shift as it breaths
shits creepy

I honestly never had an issue with Bed of Chaos, I beat it first try, never fell down the holes. I was very confused by all the complaining about it online afterwards. Might help that I was already used to the Dragon God fight in Demon's Souls so I didn't really think of the structure of the fight as being that odd. I was also surprised at all the complaining about O&S. I also beat them on my first try, and they even had a health bonus in place after my only summon got one-shot immediately upon entering the boss room.

To "fix" it would be to radically alter the fight, and at that point you aren't simply remastering anymore.

It's just the image that >>14183447 posted

I was stupid enough to click and there were screenshots of a thread discussion, front page and some text about the board activity counter being fake and the top boards being shilled.

you're being retarded and choosing not to observe obvious flaws in the game

this is bait, there are attacks in the fight that one shot you and the pits dont even appear until after you step on them, meaning you have to memorize them through trial and error

The library was annoying with all the pathways. Nito vs with Zweihander was a fucking joke. Anor Londo was fucking empty, most redeeming part was the surprise tits.

You still main a single weapon a run you don't switch around weapons around like say in some shooter for different enemies. Or maybe Zweihander is just objectively the best weapon in the game.

Dunno, haven't played that many third person melee slashers or what ever you call them. But it got tidies as fuck. Most fight get close bait an attack and then slam them or alternatively slam them directly.

yea you could do that, if your a homosexual, the zwei is notoriously good though, but thats not saying much since the singleplayer is easy with a few exceptions so even the bad weapons are "viable"

A remaster is supposed to be "look, we slightly improved graphics and resolution, everything else is the same." Once you start changing the core content and experience you are now entering remake territory.

One shot you if you are some kind of weak faggot build that doesn't know when to block, or roll to exploit i-frames maybe. I'm pretty sure at least some of the floors collapse on a timer, and any that don't can be rolled out of before it is too late, though it has been a while so I would need to replay it.

Here's another kicker for you, everyone bitched about the Dragon Butts but I slowly and methodically killed every last one of those fuckers in the level, before they nerfed the area because of whiners. Hell while I'm at it, should we talk about the change in position they made to the Anor Londo Archers because people whined about them too? They were bastards but I still got past them.

I suppose I can't be too hard on people though, everyone has a boss that pushes their weak spot. The Old Hero in Demon's Souls still terrifies me, every time I think I have him figured out he pounds me into the dirt the moment I get too confident.

most builds don't or aren't able to, but if you're playing a QUALITY build then putting on any weapon is not only viable but will allow easy passage through various places rather than having to deal with areas that were designed to shut down specified builds

I concede it's a tad better but a lot of problems remain. My other beef with it is that it's damn near impossible to fashion with it besides the gauntlets. Reminds me of the sets from DeS in that regard, very all or nothing. But I admit that's my fashion autismo talking.

Assuming that nothing will be heavily changed, I think a lot of people will find DaS easy. Your character is slower and his moves a lot plainer but the same applies to a lot enemies and boss characters - they're much less aggressive and don't have the retardedly long attack strings you see in DaS3. Part of why Manus was such a challenge, no other enemy is that aggressive (not to mention he's borderline immune to magic).
A huge fuss was made about it and then From fell for the hard game meme, which is clearly noticeable in a lot of bullshit moments in DaS2 and DaS3. IMHO DaS is a very manageable game bar that mostly just requires caution, pattern detecting, weariness and knowing the mechanics which basically translates to "respect the stamina bar". That said, there's some parts where the game just wants you dead, preparation be damned as well as some insane shit like a axe hollow's leap attack literally 180ºing in mid air.

Bed of Chaos just straight-up did not belong. The idea is unique but its pretty much pointless.

&S just gets complained about because its considered a hard fight and there's known glitches with it as well. Nothing else to it, just standard bitching. Dealing with 2 enemies at once is probably what gets peopel the most

I used 2 weapons mainly (Claymore and Greataxe) and experimented with a great many more over the course of it. I used the Iaito enough to argue that it might count as a 3rd weapon as well. I also (attempted) to use the dragon's tooth when I could for shiggles because I liked Havel so much.
In what fucking universe was it empty? The run distances between areas were long, but there was a fucking shit ton of places of interest in the place, and it goes out the window completely once you're inside the main castle area as well.
So all the unique enemy types and challenges didn't appeal to you? The fact that you had to escape from a prison cell and explore the area from the inside out, eventually leading you to ending up in a crystal cave fighting gigantic clams (that were stronger than most enemies in the game) after passing through invisible floors didn't interest you?
I can't really speak to this one but that sounds unfortunate. You didn't talk about TotG though

as far as I know people dont complain about the dragon butts because they are difficult, they complain because its dragon butts

the two hardest bosses in the game by far are that fucking bug (the scythe attacks dont have a tell btw but they do come in the same area every time) and the capra demon, although most people dont agree with me on the capra demon

dex build can use all pure dex weapons, str can use all str, int and faith can use their special weapons and any low req weapons, quality can use anything normal, there are quite a few weapons usable by any build…ect

mah nigga

Remove Bed of Chaos

Capra Demon is a meme boss. In my opinion the hardest boss was the fucking Stray demon. It was one of the only bosses where I was so utterly stumped on how to beat it because of the sheer fucking range on its AoE attack (that also went through all shields no matter how much resistances you had) and its damage dealt that I had to look up a strategy for it after hitting a brick wall
Ceaseless Discharge is stupidly difficult if you can't pull off the trick but he's a "trick boss" so he doesn't really count

What I was getting at was that idea wasn't that unique, because it was pretty much an alternate version of the Dragon God fight, and they implemented it in a hurry because the original fight wasn't finished in time for release. Dragon God has you avoid taking damage while going to the right side of the map to push a button, then avoid taking damage to go to the left side of the map to push a button, then go to the middle and smack the helpless boss to death. A lot of people complain about Dragon God but I find it to be an extremely memorable moment in the game because of how different it is. Most fights in the series at this point consist of "circle strafe, smack him in the ass, repeat" so they kind of start to blend together.

Oh no it was definitely a question of difficulty. If I recall correctly, there used to be more butts, and they had longer lines of sight so players would get swarmed with cheeks in a matter of seconds if they decided to carelessly run through the level.

Wait hold up I forgot to say Capra Demon is easy as shit. Kill the dogs, then keep looping up the stairs for repeated plunge attacks.

Oh now I remember that several of my friends complained that Taurus and Capra were too hard, and when I asked if they were using plunge attacks they said "what's that?" It turned out they never learned how to do the plunge attack because they killed the tutorial boss with their Black Firebombs starting gift, thus skipping the final lesson of the tutorial.

Unique compared to the other fights in the game I mean, not in terms of the franchise as a whole
Its the first "non-combat" boss is what I mean.
Sure its "memorable" but in sort of a shitty way. Like "remember that time I ran through a scripted pathway in an ARPG to kill a boss in one hit?"
Its different, but I don't really consider it to be particularly impressive. What made the bosses most memorable for me were their designs and attacks, and their lore and the context which I fight them in. I can't remember the fighting style I ended up even employing for all of them but it probably did go along those lines

As long as there are no crazy exploits people can use to invade and fuck me over, I'm fine.

Crest Shield, nigga. 80% magic damage reduction.

Fair enough.

Can I just randomly assert that Dukes Archives didn't get enough love and time put into it? I wanted that area to be twice as big tbh. The prison chamber begs for a device in the middle of it that does something amazing.

discharge isnt hard even fighting fair, dodge his arm slam and then hit the arm
if you fuck up the first time subsequent attempts get way harder… but its pretty easy to 1 and done it
stray demon is a little difficult, knowing he is very weak to bleed makes it easier but not trivial

HAHA FUCKING yea I know asshole he is completly trivial once the dogs are dead you complete memer
I ended up tossing bombs over the wall over and over again to basically trial and error morter the dogs the first time I beat him and I just save him for way later in the game after with ironflesh and havels armor and a +5 special weapon because its fucking impossible for me otherwise

Easy:

The only way to make Gwyn epic is to make him fight like a real player with handswapping and rolling. Maybe they can let him be played by an invader.

its kiln of the first flame, personally I like gwyn the way he is and he really fucked up the playstyle I had developed the first time through although he is trivial now
I would like bigger kiln now that I think about it

as far as you nono list I totally agree

Include all the cut content.
All of it.

newfags don't know how to redtext

You could just make him more like the last boss in DaS3. It can't be that hard.

Gwyn was way too easy for a final boss. To add inslult to injury, he's also the easiest to parry. The fight can take anywhere from 7 to 30 seconds. Even as a caster.

What's the difference? I can understand it being silly to buy a game six months in advance since a lot can change, but that's about it.

This is a moot debate. Since steam has refunds now, you can preorder all you want. In theory it would be the best strategy to preorder absolutely everything for the goodies and refund everything except for the shit you want, about 1 week after the release to wait out all sorts of possible issues that might come up.

Why are you arguing over pre-order and first day buy? One is good goy the other is simply stupid?

I tried it and I don't remember it working
Or maybe I didn't have it at the time but I sincerely doubt that

Bosses in DaS1 get harder with more people since you do less damage (or they have more health, same shit). Unlike DaS2 though, phantoms can't heal themselves; the host has to use an Estus to heal his phantoms for a fraction of the Estus' normal heal value. No dumb Lifegems either.

The thing is though is that the bosses were obviously meant to be taken down in a duel. The AI completely shits the bed when you get more than two people fighting it.

I've played DS 1 enough where I don't care to do it again.

This should mean a DS representative in smash though and that makes me happy

If Smash gets a DS character, it has to be Solaire. He's essentially the poster boy for the series. And you could make some killer combos with Lightning Spear/Sword strikes

Firekeeper lights the way

According to a VaatiVidya video I watched, they've made it very clear that they're planning on making NO changes to gameplay and that this is purely a graphical upgrade thing.

The original plan for the Duke's Archives was to have the giant spiral stair case rotate, to serve as a navigation puzzle of sorts.

try tongue but hole
weakness: woman behind
amazing chest ahead
amazing trap ahead :^)

the thing is, you have to point at where the explosion originates, which sometimes can be all over the map

Will Gravelording work now?

I've never played a souls game, bloodbourne is my first. I started it the other day and I ran around Yharnam for 4 hours trying to kill enemies with my fists. It took me at least 30 tries to kill the first lantern guy you encounter, seeing all those red grave stones would have been hilarious. I thought the initial part of the game was meant to be like an cinematic experience in uncharted, where you add to run through the city dodging enemies and arrive at an destination. Then I looked online because it didn't feel right and then I found out where you get your bling. Which is dumb because, I figured wouldn't most people want to exit the hunter's dream immediately and beat the shit out of the werewolf, because I did lol

Demon's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne are one of the rare occasions where the actual game part of video game takes more precedence than cutscenes and story.

literally the only fucking thing I care about is making blighttown actually playable. I swear to fucking god if the framerate isn't stable i'll fly to tokyo and murder every last one of them.

I never had problems with blighttown, but the ghosts in drowned londo would fuck up my frames, especially on a particular ladder
we are talking frames per minute here

just play it on console u idiots

ITS EVEN WORSE ON CONSOLES YOU MORON
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fucking gross.

I like it, its been a while since I've played an actual "game". It reminds me of Devil May Cry 4 in some capacitance.

it would crash and freeze my xbox 360
it only tanks frames without crashing on desktop

Expect the game to chug in blighttown and the ruins unless you are over the recommended specs. There's rumors going around that From Software is outsourcing this remake.

I can't tell if you are stupid or trolling. Normally the player ends up in the Hunter's dream by dieing to the first werewolf, or if they run past him they get killed by the torch wielder by the ladder, and if not then they light the lamp at the top of the ladder and teleport to the Hunter's Dream. To actively avoid all three scenarios is just is either the dumbest of luck or the purest of fist-fighting skill.

Cuckchan fuck off

Between that, "Capra Demon is hard," and "lol is this Uncharted?" I have to wonder if we are being raided by retards right now.

Have him do all that anime bullshit like juggling your ass around? Might as well put ULTRA COMBO FINISH instead of You Died.
I'm all for making him more challenging but not at the expense of the mood. Just by taking parrying out of the equation, he's one of the harder bosses in the vanilla game (even if that's not saying much) as he's very aggressive and punishes chugging often; only Raime and the Orphan beat him in that department.

The only solo bosses I recall that manage gank squads well are Raime and Gael because they switch targets very often.

This is taking zero Insight to whole new levels.
I guess you might as well make a non-Milkweed Kos Parasite build since that makes bare fists viable.

fuck off capra demon is the second hardest boss in the game right behind bed of chaos dont you fucking lie to me
if hes so easy why dont you tell me how to beat him, and no, mortaring over the wall is too tedious for an optional boss im not doing that shit

Wouldn't surprise me if faggots who are getting banned at cuckchan from the nintendo announcement are coming here to shitpost instead.

I want actual bonus contents to justify the $60 tag. Or Demon's Souls remaster.

All you do is kill the dogs as soon as you walk through the fog, then use the stairs to plunge attack repeatedly. If you aren't using a broken straight sword or some worthless shit then this is easily done in a matter of seconds.

the game really does need fixed hitboxes

I tried a shitload of armor comboes but here is what it comes down to
try to kill dogs, get stunned and die
try to run up stairs but cant because its so cramped and die
get stunned by 2 dogs and die
poise through both dog hits and dont finish my attack in time to dodge capra with my feet, I would have to roll, but I cant roll because I am fat so I get hit by capra and die
this actually works but it means I have to go through blighttown rickets to pick it up, and still have to rely on luck to hope that the dogs and capras attack pattern staggers eventually instead of attacking at the same time

taurus demons hitboxes come from him being designed for one type of area but being forced into another. works well on the battlements but obviously not here.

I think addressing the problem would come from more thorough redesign, but I don't see that happening.

shockwaves

but really, that part is clearly intentional, there's a delay in the damage and the axe itself doesn't have it, so that's a separate shockwave hitbox

lmao is this a ds2 thread

It's bullshit but it looks intentional. Either way it wouldn't be a hitbox issue. The damage is applied after he leaves the roll and i-frames, and from the screenshake and the particles it looks like that is actually supposed to be a >shockwave

Wat?

????

if you get staggered by anything in the stone set it will be the capra demon, and the dogs and he will not be able to kill you too fast to take a sip or run out your health bar
Light and medium armor is a meme, poise is for big boys.

Gravelording doesn't work except on NG+, and no one keeps building a character past NG most of the time, so it effectively does nothing.

Have you played DS? It's hard to believe someone still doesn't know after all this time.

There's a covenant you can get from Nito himself called the Gravelord Covenant.

a covenant that basically didnt work despite being more or less mechanically sound
if you fuck around in the catacombs you will find a coffin, get in it

I-I was that covenant.
You're right, it did nothing.
I never played ng+, no bulli

I did, however, I left immediately to try and kill him again because I didn't like the way I died before, in the corner getting my ass rammed.
I thought he was a early game boss because it took over 5 minutes to kill that faggot. And for the next three hours I spent running around beating shit up and getting lost. A cinematic dark souls experience I assumed because everyone likes to talk about how hard it is.

Now you sound like a fag who didn't play the game

I didn't see enough value for a NG+.
The game was mechanically uninteresting to me and while it was cool to explore and check everything out that would be lost on a second try.

So if you never found the Gravelord covenant, does that mean you've also never gotten the Gravelord Sword?

Fucking hell I empathize there. That's how I wound up in the Tomb of the Giants with a +0 hand axe.

I was that covenant!
And wasn't that sword shitty?

Holy shit. You actually went through the Catacombs first? You brute-forced your way through the game's idiot filter. Normally people either learn to go AWAY from the skeletons, or they rage quit, but you just knuckled down and kept on going. I guess this is why Pinwheel is such a pushover, because they had anticipated this possibility.

I just went to check if this is possible in mugenmokey and you would need a mostrous amount of end, like 20+
there is probably a sweeping weapon that is lighter that still kills the dogs in 1 hit that could shave some weight off, but I went with zwei because it means you definitly have it

She's the only AI Hunter fight that i truly enjoy tbh
Reminder that the Vilebloods dindu nuffin

Some bosses actually prevent this by powering-up before its health reaches the normal threshold. Too bad that only DLC bosses do this and most of it is bullshit, though i gotta give my props to Sir Alonne and Fume Knights, it showed that they're atleast willing to actually try making good bosses

Git gud

Now this is some baiting right here

Never played NG+
Pleb why does its DS2 of all fucking games that did NG+ content good, goddamnit

>DODGE YOU SLOW-ASS MOTHERFUCKER
>omea wa mo shinderu
I've actually managed to do it twice tbh, its not that hard especially when you consider the fist has the fastest charge time.

Holy shit user, your tenacity is pretty comendable

On an unrelated note, does anyone has the gascoigne version of second pic?

If they don't fix the piss poor Izalith Translations and make Quellanna's Literal Zyklon B gassing of her sisters more apparent, I'm going to drop a bollock.

If dark souls 2 didn't have soul memory and monsters would respawn more times before fucking off it would be an infinitely better game.

she did what

This would ruin him, I think. He's supposed to be weak, that's why he's so memorable (same with True King Allant in Demon's). I can't imagine how disappointing it would be if you depleted about half of Gwyn's health bar and then he started doing ridiculous twirls through the air and other anime bullshit like a lot of the bosses in 3.

Cuckchan has been trying to turn this place into 4/v/ for a week.

Your hourly reminder that the legend never dies.

good. they are extremely easy to kill.

And now for the actual story:

So yeah, turns out Demons not only dindu nothing, but they got sabotaged from the inside by a sister that fakes her death, Zyklon B's the fair lady through a pyromancy controlled male, and the reason why you find that pyromancer hollow in the swamp is because He liked Izalith, which the witch did not like, and thus- brainwashed him to wander the swamp until our dear blood bugs drained him dry, which of course turned him hollow because HUMANITY IS IN THE FUCKING BLOOD.

Oh, that Prince thing? That's Jerimiah's fucking son, that cloth Jerimiah wears hides his Maggot-head, because he too partook in the demon transformation process- and the lesser demons bertrayed Izalith to Gwyn because Shocker, Get promised a better lot in life, feed you humanity to a parasite to become a flying skinny thing on the bottom of the food chain and nothing changes, I'd stab the bed of chaos in the back too.

Anyhow, Izalith get's cucked by her husband, her kingdom ravaged by Gwyn, and her People killed in infancy by her not-so dead wayward daughter, and now someone wants her lord soul- she gives in and feeds the Chaos flame all that she is, and her two daughters who are fused to her.

And none of this is known because of cut content and piss poor translation.

Oh and this also means that the full-end of the Izalith covenant might have had you fight Jeremiah and Izalith, before he was exiled to the painted world, which is also a meta place for cut game content they couldn't finish on time. And the fact that technically- if you nutured yourself into becoming a fullblown Demon- Getting to the First Flame would probably have you subsume it with your parasitic nature and Like- become another Bed of Chaos or something akin to a Demon Lord/King

I grew up on Battletoads and Castlevania, just finished playing God Hand, and quickly discovered how useful parrying was. All I needed was to land 3 parries in a row per skeleton and it was basically a cakewalk. I saved fireballs to deal with the necromancers and bam, got through no sweat.

Also, Kirk was invading you to again, stop you from killing the bed of Chaos, mother of All demons and basically the entire speices lifeforce. And that Dorf in Skeleland is actually the First smith, which also presents him as a high ranking member of Demonkind, meaning Nito had involvement in the purge, if only to get the dude in his crib, because what benefits Nito is that people die and are getting gravelorded which is the dudes portfolio and part of a deal with Gwyn's little contingency for his eternal false age.

Anyhow, point is, don't trust a swampTHOT, bitch get's you to do some regicide. The alternative would've been to join them and annex all of Gwyn's shit, and probably kill the faggot traitor lesser demons too. Also, again, the serpents pretty much say that the Demons have outlived their usefulness, so everyone is gunning for these people to die horrible agonizing deaths they don't actually deserve. Hell, the Capra demon is intelligent enough to tame and rear hounds for a reason! Who'dafunk?

This is all rather interesting. Can you corroborate any or all of it with the JP sources, though? I know about Quelaag and her 'feck off undead/bringer of meat' lines. The rest is completely new information, because no one really bothers to sift through the original Japanese thoroughly.

I dont get it, swampwoman is optonal and you get the quest from snek. She never had a role in your crusade anyway

does anyone has the gascoigne version of second pic?
Don't have it but I know the artist is menaslg; he did a lot of BB versions of meme illustrations.

The legend is going to walk into a party of four other legends.

Now that's a lot to mull over.

Just use a fucking crossbow.

bullshit

nice posts vaatividya

Many thanks fellow reaction image hoarder

The only Crossbow worth using in DS1 is the Avelyn and i fucking missed the thing until NG+. But in DS2, it gets fucking elevated into automatic bolt dispensers plus the DLC crossbows are fucking viable as fuck

Why do they cut this shit anyway? I mean i like the Spider demon waifu and the Demons having a nice and consistent visual theme to their original source is pretty good

Better than what it is now for sure, but better than DS1? Not even close.
Even without Soul Memory and despawning monsters, you'd still have boring and forgettable NPCs with piss poor sidequests, a badly designed world that does not fit together cohesively and other dumb shit like adaptability.

It wasn't just SM that made DS2 bad, it was everything.

You can use a crossbow to 1 shot the dogs as you enter. Go through fog gate > shoot a dog > dodge Capra Demon > shoot other dog.

Don't tell me, user.
I spent 23 bucks on the ps3 version just to later discover I got shafted out of several important updates who only got made for PC and ps4/xbone
The game being boring in general made me drop it just a bit after the pirate centaur boss thingy

You do what she wants either way- you get the lord soul to play into Gwyn's fake enslaved cycle, or you also do it as the fool she sees you as to kill off her sisters who she betrayed Gwyn's faction too because she didn't quite like the idea of becoming a Demon. Either way, Izalith dies and the Demons slowly die out as a result.

The goal is usurp the flame and end the egg princesses illusion, but everyone left shit for too long- which is why you're left in a barren dead world at the end of DS3, the first Idiot linked the fire and started the fire-linking meme, which Aldia figured the bullshit out and a while later the Fission-Spawned THOT offpsring of Manuses Dark soul gone wild showed up and ruined almost every kingdom in the area, except the ones who got hot dickings. Then Nashandra tried to Usurp the flame and was stopped by an undead that found a way out and took it, then we move to DS3 where there's been shitloads of fire-linkers and the supression of mankind, giant-kind etc had hit an all time high of slave-morality to the max.

Then a nutty guy from a painting shows up, find a nutter born from a blind mother who can do divinations of the future and debases himself by cannibalism and sets him on Anor Londo so painting boy can rule unattested, but you kill them both, (And send Alritch where he wants to be with his trap god powers to boot, at the cost of his soul.) And some stuff happens such as the snakes snuffing it, the sable church being formed and their one attempt to Usurp the flame failing, so they sort of wait it out for you to show up, what with them already winning the support of the other guy who was going to link the flame.

Anyway, you get the Lords of Cinder, beat the Soul of Cinder, and at the crucial point, eat the first flame and Usurp it, slowly allowing the world to progress in it's natural state- also relating to the eyes of the first firekeeper, who is none other than egg girl, which you giveto your firekeeper to show her the truth of her nature, and some other stuff.

Anyhow, Ringed city- and shit's over.

Except Aldritch, rendered unto the earth isn't digested, or at least is hard to chew- and he makes it to that tree-ridden layer, of the world full of water, avoiding total ego death, though he no longer has his lordsoul NOT THAT THAT FUCKING MATTERS, BECAUSE AFTER THE TIME SKIP EVERYTHING HAS SUNKEN UNDER THE EARTH, NOW, LETS EAT THE PROFANED FLAME, ANYTHING ELSE RELEVANT STRAY UNDEAD, AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT COMES HIS JOLLY WAY, Oh right, and he still has the powers of illusion and everything Gwyndolin has, and this, technically a Son of Gwyns powers.

Cut a few eons later, and he's the Old one from Demons Souls, Evident as the extension of his body is the maiden in black, made in the likeness of his own mother, (Blind, wax on eyes!) the soulless ones are called DREGLINGS And he himself, turns Allant into a Sludgelike amorphrus monster- Gee, where has THAT been seen before? Oh, right, the fact that he's a giant tree, which given his nature as an undead means like all others, his humanity was drawn out into a tree like the ones you see literred everywhere, except his dear Dregs kept him landlocked, so he literally made himself a bark shell. Oh, and he's in a meaningless ammoral age of men where nothing has any meaning whatsoever, and he is also eternally hungry because he has no soul, and instead self-cannibalizes his own offspring and the souls of men produced from his being to circulate a functional ecology.

Oh and again, he's at the very base of the earth, and is immortal and cannot be killed. Because boneless Undead God blob born from a what, now? A Demigod? Did I forget to mention he's defeated by being 'put to sleep?' Wait, shit! that's exactly what was done with Aldritch the first time! and he Envisioned his age, eons into the future!

Did I forget to mention that the fucking things stuck to the Old Ones back ARE THE FUCKING PROJECTILES ALDRITCH USES WHEN HE WAS STUCK TO GWYNDOLINS UPPER HALF? OR THE RUINS OF CIVILIZATION ON HIS LEVEL? At some point, during the growth of bark on his body due to excess humanity, the dear may have tried to pry his new 'shell' off! Nah, couldn't be.

Didn't make the deadline.

Or you can just, like, have the knight set and a claymore, and press r1 to kill both dogs

Oh right, the age of water Aldritch envisioned? Well, that means an age without substance form, or meaning! Debased and removed from all things and representing life and new beginnings in it's most primal form- the sea! An age aside from the false cycle of Gwyn and his propagated curse legend, and woven illusions through his loyal children!

I just want a new game instead of another HD remaster rehash or a sequel that doesn't do anything new or original.

You know. An original video game not fan pandering.

You kind of lost me after a while, due to typos, memes, and jumping between games. IMO Dark Souls 2 and 3 are fan fiction, especially 2. 3 in particular has the problem of trying to choose "canon" endings like linking the fire and leaving Gwyndolin alive even though the player may not have done those things. It's very retcon heavy, is what I'm trying to say. They seem to have forgotten than Gwynevere was already married to the Flame God Flann.

Trying to claim the Old One is Aldritch seems like a huge stretch to me. It's much easier to draw connections between Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. Old One versus Great Ones, Gascoigne's cut "Umbasa" line, Freke's apprentice claiming that Freke is about to discover a source of power that would rival the Demon's Souls (could be blood ministration).

Have you considered that you might just be seriously depressed and you can't enjoy anything for long periods of time anymore? Maybe you're the problem.

Really? I also had it for PS3 and never heard about this. What updates were those?
Huh? Do you mean the Flexile Sentry? If so, that's pretty damn early. I got sick of the game after beating the Looking Glass Knight and decided to quit until some patches came out.

The problem there is your autism. Japan doesn't give a fuck they just want to make the game they want to make. Trying to retroactively fit the current game onto the old one just doesn't work.

You little faggots all jerk off to Solaire and yet ignore his most important line. There are millions of alternative universes bleeding into each other. You're not the only chosen undead, they are all chosen undead. You could save your world and then 100 other chosen undeads could do the opposite. Dark souls 2 and 3 are their own thing and in no way connect to your play through of Dark souls 1 because you're just 1 of many people talking the same path.

And needs 4x the original's recc specs to run

He means the DX11 upgrade and/or Scholar of the First Sin changes.

Have this for your troubles

good taste, thanks

Wait, flexile sentries are lizards? I just thought they had retarded looking helmets. I think I know something about these games and then I get proven wrong with little effort.

Nice projection there bro. I wasn't flat out saying you were wrong, only that I was having trouble following the points you were making because of typos breaking sentence flow and MUH THOTS and shit making what should be a clear description of something into something rather vauge and annoying to read.

And yet this is exactly what B-Team attempted to do, and what you just spent all that time typing about: their attempt to retcon everything until their fan fiction fits into the other games that really should be treated separately.

More projection. Yes we all know about his line, but it serves as an explanation for how the multiplayer functionality works. To stretch that into "every game all fits together because wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey stuff" is pretty ridiculous.

You're replying to a different guy. I just found this thread and that's my first and only reply.

It's a completely reasonable explination why YOUR run is different to the canon story. In the world Dark souls 2 follows these events happened. The Dark souls 3 universe could have a completely different history which doesn't look anything like either of the other one.

They make it clear this is a cycle, each is slightly different but the key elements remain the same.

Well shit, I looked at the first three numbers of the ID and they were both 503, guess I should have looked at all the characters.

Dark Souls 1 wasn't a cycle. It clearly has a beginning and end. You may choose to link the fire, but that doesn't make you Gwyn. It just makes you a human sacrifice to extend the first flame as long as possible using the peices of Gwyn's Soul you collected, as well as your own. If you are taking Solaire very literally then it's more like every possible choice and outcome of those choices all happen in different possible timelines, and those timelines can briefly crossover with messages, summoning, invasions, etc.

Dark Souls 2 and 3 fanfiction is what got the ball rolling on "muh cycle," and to do so had to force the link the fire ending to be canon. There can be no 2 and 3 in the timelines where the fire was not linked.

Geez user, have you never run a viking jail before?
Everyone knows the only way to keep them in line is with anthropomorphic lizards.

The problem you have with assuming it's just messages, summoning etc. is you have characters from other timelines running around in your world if Solaire is correct. He himself isn't sure why he's where he is which implies he's crossed over.

Dark souls clearly explained there were a cycle of ages. And that the age of Dark wouldn't be the final age. Remember Dark isn't OH SHIT NO LIGHTS. Dark is humans taking over the land. The age of fire was the age of the Gods/giants. Should the fire have gone out humans could have made another flame or since time is fucked they could have even gone into the past, and then rekindled the first flame to change the course of history.

We have no way of knowing how history played out in any of the worlds or even what sort of timeline we're taking part in. Time fuckary has been part of the Dark souls story since day 1 and for all we know parts of Dark Souls 2 takes place during the timeline of Dark souls 1, but we're in a different region so we don't realize it.

Shit you said that is based on in-game content:

he's very clearly making shit up, why would you think otherwise?

There's a full enemy placement rework done after the ps3 version stopped updating
The rework includes more enemies to fight, and more unique enemies too with unique drops aswell, including a wyvern just before fighting fake ornstein

I guess I just like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I know, that's foolish.

Scholar edition fucks up multiple areas because it puts gameplay before world building… and then does it poorly.

tl;dr The castle feels completely different because they removed all the big badass stuff and replaced it with assassins and a fucking horse.

snowgoblinblog.tumblr.com/post/167931144142/environmental-story-telling-in-dark-souls-2 This guy wrote a blog post on it and posted it in AGDG as an example of world building through monster placement.

Oh right, that.
PC didn't just get that as an update though, it was a whole game they had to buy. They got discounts based off what they'd already bought, but they still had to pay for it.

SOTFS wasn't an update, it was more like a port or remaster.

SOTFS has a shit load of graphical improvements and all the DLCs included. It's a "gayme of the year edition"

and somehow the game still manages to look like petrified shit, upgrades my ass. If you are rereleasing a game, at least fix the shit instead of giving it a new coat of color

Within the first game, there is no indication that there were multiple ages of Ancients, multiple ages of Fire, multiple ages of Dark. The ages are linear, and happen once. The age of Ancients happened and is over. It's not coming back. The Age of Fire is ending, but Gwyn is doing everything he can think of to extend it for as long as possible, including sacrificing his entire army of Knights and eventually himself. There seems to be some debate among the Primordial Serpents about whether or not further efforts to continue the Age of Fire should taken, with Kingseeker Frampt being the last one still trying to find someone to link the fire. He is likely the one who starts the myth of the "Chosen Undead" but not because there is some kind of chosen one, but instead ringing his alarm clock bells is enough of a filter for him to find some random sucker who is potentially strong enough to kill fucking everyone and take their pieces of Gwyn's Soul to use in the linking of the fire. The rest of the Serpents seem pretty happy to finally usher in the age of Dark/Man.

The Chosen Undead doesn't just mean "the chosen one," I believe it more directly refers to the player having choices to make. Those choices result in a theoretically infinite number of possible timelines, but that still doesn't mean it's a cycle. It's a branching tree, that keeps spreading out with more and more choices, and some of those choices also have characters crossing over into other timelines briefly. This is another part of Disparity, not just heat and cold, light and dark, life and death, but also the disparity of making choices. Ultimately, all of those infinite timelines would lead to the same singular choice - link the fire, or don't. Choosing not the link the fire is a big fat "THE END" over the Age of Fire, it is now over and never coming back, just like the Age of Ancients. Choosing to link the fire didn't necessarily mean the start of a new cycle, it just meant that the Age of Fire would linger on a tiny bit longer, for however long Gwyn's soul would fuel it - and then it would still end. No cycle.

This has to be flat out wrong because (aside from shitty fanfiction writing) the Big fat Boss souls in the game are supposed to be the recycled and re-used pieces of Gwyn's soul, having since been passed through to other things over time. You can't have these souls be where they are while also at the same time being inside O&S, Nito, etc.

Some of the speculation is due to dialog that was intentionally removed from the game. Most of the rest is just grasping at straws due to the vagueness of what is in the game.
t. autist who used to pay attention to lorefags shit out videos

Can we just assume DS2 isn't cannon at this point? I've never been interested in the games story and I don't even think the original devs give a shit either.

Exactly, but the problem is that Dark Souls 3 tries REALLY HARD to make 2 canon. All those armor sets, the Tree Giant and seeds, etc.

isn't it supposed to be thousands of years into the future from ds1? I guess it wouldn't really matter if it was canon or not.

Simple, just ignore it too.

He's supposed to be weak[er than his previous god-self]. He's a god for christ's sake. THE god. The most powerful one that was able to lead the rebellion against fucking eternal dragons who were supposed to be, you guessed it, immortal and unkillable because of their scales.
The whole theme of the game is that you are but a small spec of power in comparison to the power of gods and heroes of time's past. All you're really fighting are dead husks, hollows and tired old men that were once great. That doesn't mean that they are meant to be weak, even after the fact that they are their weaker versions of themselves. The weaker version of Gwyn ought to be stronger than the weaker version of basically everybody else. Does that make sense?
I thought the general concsensus on this was set already. The final bosses of DeS and DaS1+2 were underwhelming and dissapointing. Everybody I've had discussion on this (or read) seemed to agree that Gwyn should have probably been stronger even without parrying. In games with bosses, the final boss is supposed to be the strongest by design anyways.
And they clearly weren't trying to undermine that trope (for lack of a better word) since there's a clear rise in difficulty and complexity up till the final boss.
I was just spitballing/brainstorming. Just make him less dissapointing and more of a challenge. Again, the final boss is supposed to feel like a final boss.

tl;dr - He's not supposed to be weak, he's supposed to be at least stronger than the bosses leading up to him because that's how the progression was in the souls games and in all other games with bosses
Also I'm still ef3c49, I switch IPs a lot

Gwyn's Dragon killing days are when he had his entire Lord Soul, but splitting it into pieces and handing them out to friends and family naturally would have made him weaker, and sacrificing himself to keep the First Flame going was just the final nail in the coffin. As was already mentioned in the thread, without parrying he is actually extremely aggressive and hits quite hard, he is by no means a pushover, but he is not supposed to be the God he once was. Also keep in mind that as the series has gone on and become faster paced and more difficulty to keep pushing back against the rising skill of the player base, old fights will seem easier in retrospect. Demon's Souls feels really easy to stomp through these days because of how aggressive and confident I've become after playing later games, especially Bloodborne.

trope is the correct word. don't avoid perfectly valid words just because they are associated with faggots.

Demon's Souls is still pretty challenging at NG+ even with the glitched cursed weapon welding the dragon bone crusher.
Seriously I'm stuck at the man eaters cause they've gotten too fucking strong am I supposed to cut their tail? They seem to go berserk and take longer to kill if I don't

What I mean is stuff like the Mind Flayers for example used to be utterly terrifying to face, they would fuck me up hard just for looking at them funny. Now I can curb stomp them without a second thought.

Cutting off the tails does disable some of their attacks, always worth doing. It's best to try to kill off the first one before the 100 second timer is up and the second one appears (shows up anyway when first one is at 20% health). Wiki does seem to agree that they might be the hardest boss going into NG+ territory though, so perhaps a bit of an outlier.

Sorry but I still disagree. I Gwyn is still easier than a lot of bosses. Too many people had a rougher time with Sif than they did with Gwyn, and this was before the knowledge of him being parryable became wide-spread. Four kings were also much harder, even to veterans.
Now that I think about Sif, the fight with Gwyn could have had a better emotional impact if he became more haggard and slow at 10% hp. If anybody has listened to his ost, as you near the end of the song it begins to die out slowly. like a flame ;_;
As for the lore you mentioned, I already ceded that ground.

While I'm at it: Nito. like Izalith/BoC, also needs to be harder somehow, with out adding more skeleton minions in his den.

The problem with trying to set the right challenge for other bosses is that in Dark Souls 1 you had a lot of options for what areas you could complete next. This is why Pinwheel is a pushover, he is supposed to be fighting a lower level player who happened to come his way, not a level 80 player who just arrived after smacking down Atlus and P-body. The problem still exists for Gwyn to a lesser extent. Though he is the final boss, the devs have no way of knowing what sort of state the player is going to fight him in. Level 50? 100? 150? Will he have good weapons? Armor? Magic? There is just no way of making a fight that will always be the appropriate amount of challenge, unless you get into the dreaded world of level scaling.

They're remaking the first one? I still haven't played 3. I played like 30 minutes of 2 before dropping it. Did they ever fix the netcode or will this still have awful netcode?

No, I don't think this problem exists for Gwyn at all, not even lesser. It literally can't be true; the lowest level you could get there at is somewhere above 68, and at that point you should have enough stats to beat anything. The only way to not be able to beat a slightly harder Gwyn is if you were not a good enough player and learned nothing, or if you fucked up your stats horrendously.
If by some miracle, you aren't SL70-80 at the Kiln, grinding for a few minutes to get 2 more stats (for your next spell, attunement, or wepon req) should fix that.
Don't you think they did a good job of it in the rest of the game? The existance of Pinwheel, as you mentioned, counters this idea by your own admition. Nito/Seath/Four kings is another, their levels and boss fights are all (kinda) equal and you gain access to them once you prove you are at a certain strength (skill, SL, or otherwise).

All of the tools and moves available to the player should be usable by gwyn to make it like the challenge of fighting another player who doesn't follow scripts. Rolling, jumping and parrying by Gwyn would help a lot with making the fight tougher.

Dark Souls remastered poses an existential challenge to everyone.
Is the game truly remastered? Or is it we, the once fresh faced partakers of this enlightening once of a lifetime adventure the ones who are remastered?

throwing my hat into the gwyn fight ring
I strait up didnt parry my first playthrough and gwyn was like…the 4th hardest boss in base game
I beat artorius before gwyn and I think artorius is supposed to be harder but he isnt
my playstyle was really fucking bad against gwyn and he kicked my ass like a million times until I cheesed him with a rock on his arena, and even that was difficult
as for being canonically weak, he split himself and then went hollow, think of the difference between you the player, who can fight for example nito and seath and 4 kings and whatnot and may or may not have defeated is gayboi son, and a burg hollow
that is the difference that hollowing makes

he's talking about the archers

You literally just walk up the stairs, swing, jump down, repeat, and you'll beat Capra very easily. How retarded are you?
I don't even know how people die to Bed of Chaos, I pretty much just walked straight and I was at the boss.

Is in game, the entire point of the fair lady's covenant is reliant on a ring that let's you speak to her, there is a Demon Language
The fire preist goes by a different name in Jap, and there are mutliple allusions to the fact that every demon is protecting the Bed of Chaos
You're fucking one of the Humans who become a maggot-host, and again, the entire implication of this is shown multiple times, they're not unwilling mutants, they're all willingly changed barring ceaseless discharge
Mind control is Evident on the Servant and on the Pyromancer who you hollow through the Daughter of Chaos' malevolent intent towards her sisters and her presence right outside of the entrance to Izalith and her 'corpse' that Ceaseless discharge was overlooking and the fact that the dear Maggot-servant refers to Quellanna, despite the fact there is no reason they could've met attributing to the poisoning and sabotage of the eggs

Gwyn was such a fucking brute. If it wasn't for the fact that you can just parry him to death really easily then he would've rated higher on my bossfight tier list.

It's clearly said that time is breaking down and no longer functioning properly in the first game. Fuck off with your stupid fanfiction where you're making statements about characters who never tell you anything you don't want to hear.

We know nothing of the serpents except they look like chinks.

Fuck off buttercup. Nothing wrong with Dark Souls 2. The problem is the faggots who wanted more Dark souls which shit on the entire franchises purpose of experimentation. Instead we got the easiest game of the bunch where bosses rarely survived your first encounter with them and all the lore was Reddit tier humour of "HEY GUYS REMEMBER BACK TO THE FUTURE".

Learning to fight 1 enemy doesn't make you better at the later games. The later games problem is they don't do anything new. They present to you the same enemies with better graphics. The silver knights in DaS3 are exactly the same but just move faster. Which in turn makes you have to react slightly faster but also means you can stun lock much much easier.

Dark souls 3 is by far the easiest souls game and none of them find the balance Demon's souls has where levels are challenging learning experiences which then turn into hard as fuck boss fights unless you learn their weakness. After Dark souls game out their weakness was always "you roll" or "you run away because it's going to explode like every other boss". It wasn't using a tunnel to avoid an attack or getting fucked by a second boss appearing you never saw coming before.

To put it simply. The Souls series lost it's soul and 3 is a hollow mass produced husk made for casual players where the solution is always, without exception "just roll".

You could not spend your souls.

But the problem here is you're arguing over difficulty and not interesting gameplay. Gwyn is a good final boss because he's somber. He's aggressive but he's aggressive like a hollow which is a character trait not a boss trait. It makes for an interesting fight.

But legs go one deeper. In Dark souls 2's second DLC there is a boss who uses Gwyn's moveset. His second form pulls out a bastard sword and just straight up copies Gwyn with 1 or 2 new moves thrown in. If you solve the puzzle element before the battle which heals him then you have the hard Gwyn you were always wanting. He is highly resistant to most damage. He's aggressive and he's Gwyn's moveset. It's exactly what you want.

Do you know what people say? They say he's one of the hardest bosses in the game and a lot of people struggle against him. I'd guess that From knew what a hard Gwyn would be like and decided that wasn't what they wanted for the final boss. He makes it into the second game because they're less creative and like referencing older stuff so reference a "not broken Gwyn" was something they were happy to do. I found the bosses first form to be a much more enjoyable and challenging fight myself.

Amazing.

Here we go with the DaS2faggan again.

Jesus christ, man.

Also present in DaS2, but much worse.

Yea man, I hated the bit where I literally went to Anor London in Dark souls 2. Man what a shit pile that was.

And when Onion bro turned up? Same deal man!

Fucking Dark Souls 2. Now Dark souls 3 where it's literally Dark souls 1 NPCs every where, that's how you avoid Redditing.

Except the bits where they tried to do Anor Londo. On fucking lava.

How about everything else? Scorpion lady, big rat, chinese knock off gargoyles?
Name all the DaS1 NPC in Dark Souls 3, I fucking dare you.

But of course, the Dark Souls 2 where everyone is a knockoff of DaS1 is the true DaS experience.

There's no Scorpion enemies in Dark souls or Demon's souls.

A bigger rat than the giant rat which is infectous and has buddies is different to the big rat in the sewer which no one ever fought.

Chinese knock off gargoyles goes "2? Nah! Try 10 of the fuckers!"

All of these things build on from From's previous game and expand on the concept they have used before. Dark souls does this from Demon's souls where blue eyed knights use the same moveset as the silver knights do. Where you fight the man eaters in a 2 on 1 fight.

The lore saying "heuh heuh heuh it's the soul in a different form" doesn't change that it's an actual new enemy with a new story. Dark Souls 3 literally has Onion bro sitting in a tower who says the same catch phrase, uses the same sword and does the same damn shit he did in Dark souls unchanged.

It's almost like all you want from a Souls game is Street fighter sequels. Those of us who played the original 3 games as they came out understand that Souls dies when it does nothing but play it safe. Dark souls 3 is entirely safe and as such is the least interesting souls game.

But there are spider ladies, except this time, it's scorpion lady and not spider, woo hoo such change.
So two different things? Nope, they aren't.
Wut? So exciting, instead of 2, you fight 10? Never mind they look worse and have worse movesets than either gargoyes in Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 3.
All those things are shitty knock-offs of ideas from Dark Souls made even shittier.

Get that Dark Souls 2 cock outta your mouth.

What fucking new story? The story goes fucking nowhere in DaS2.
Except Siegfried in Dark Souls 3 quest is actually totally different than his ancestor in the first game, I mean, do you even play Dark Souls 3?
No, that's why I want less Dark Souls 2, but more Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne.
Dark Souls dies because Miyazaki wants it to die, you fucking retard. And it doesn't die, it gets fucking remastered.
It's more interesting than Dark Souls 2, which is barely a fucking game.

Oh no they used an insect as a base.

Now let us compare the fights.

YES! EXACTLY THE SAME BOSS FIGHT!

Or maybe you're just a shallow cunt who doesn't judge a game on it's gameplay but how cool you can feel for liking a mainstream title dumbed down to it's worst state possible.

You've made it clear you have no interest in judging a game on it's gameplay. The fact that 2 giant monsters use an insect as their centaur part is enough for you to complain they're exactly the same. But having identical NPCs pop up is completely okay because you've been told this is a good game and the last one was BAD because it made durability matter.

And do you know why he wants it to die? Because he isn't interested in appealing to people like you demanding the same exact game over and over.

You can fuck right off and not come back again with this level of stupidity. You sound like a complete retard sperging Teh popular memes who never even played the game. Because apparently it's not a game if it doesn't include Solaire pandering at every corner.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lol. Enjoy your "praise the sun" meme shields fag.

So if it's ok that gargoyles fight are exactly the same gameplay wise? Then what about the knockoff Ornstein fight, it's exactly the same boss fight.

The gargoyles fight plays different. The Ornstein fight is bullshit but you can't tell me that Dark souls 3 doesn't straight up jack enemies.

I want a chance to replay the full, unadulterated murder simulation that was 1.0 difficulty, where the 4 kings would all spawn every 5 seconds, where the dragon butts would all agro on you if you even looked at them from the entrance to the lava pit, and even skip animations just to stomp you faster.
That.
shit.
was.
bananas.

How does it play different? Because they are more of them? Manging 2 gargoyles is not that different from managing 3 or more.
And nice false equivalence, dark souls 3 is dark souls with prettier graphics and lazier everything else, dark souls 2 is still shit. They didn't have the balls to make a completely different world, and took the worse from DaS 1, they tried new shit and mostly failed.

I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW ANOR LONDO

They have different attacks but nice try kid.

Okay show me the reused areas in Dark souls 2. They don't exist because it is a different world and people whined it wasn't Dark souls 1 again so we got Dark souls 3

Wow there, watch that edge, funny coming from a faggot who can tell the difference between an arachnid and an insect, even kid knows that.

I never talked about reused areas niggerfaggot, I explicitly said world and all that conveys, covenants, past characters and lore. And don't bring dark souls 3 up nigger, just because dark souls 3 pulls off worse shit at times doesn't make Dark Souls 2.

doesn't make Dark Souls 2 good.

You're making accusations which aren't even true though.

You can say "BUT MUH TEXT SAYS IT'S MANUS!" but if you compare the Manus fight to the Queen fight they are in no way similar. You're taking a full story line and boss and over riding all of it because "this 1 line of text".

Why?
Why is this a problem? I was arguing that it was the difficulty since the beginning. The fight may be a bit "interesting" but it doesn't make it any less dissappointing to the majority of people I mentioned earlier.
????
Why would you ever guess that and not that they were just short on time like they were for BoC and other parts?

Dark Souls 2 is an unpolished gem, if you can deal with some rough edges caused by development issues, it's fantastic. SOTFS only improves upon the experience.

Dark Souls 3 is Miyazaki getting mad that he didn't make Souls 2 after he said he didn't want to. The early game (Firelink through to Road of Sacrifices and Cathedral of the Deep) and end game (Lothric Castle through to Soul of Cinder) are great because it feels like its own distinct game. Midgame shits the bed with fucking dreadful areas like Farron Keep, Irrithyl + Irrithyl Dungeon, Catacombs of Carthus, Smouldering Lake, Profaned Capital and Anor Londo redux. Take the Abyss Watchers, Pontiff Sulyvahn and Aldrich and stick them in them elsewhere and you could easily cut out all the midgame and miss nothing of worth.

nice bait, to keep the gem analogy, its more like they had a gem that was pretty good and polished it wrong and left jagged scars over it everwhere, then with scofin they filled in the cracks with silly putty
its such a fucking slog, I like cathedral though but even cathedral feels so slow
dungeon is fucking great with the exception of dosnt open from this side souls 3

Entire game needs a face lift, needs different areas and less bullshit. You should have to walk through the passage to Anor Londo rather than just get air lifted, also fix the fucking kiln it's under anor londo move it somewhere else and have the player walk to it. Replace the forest with oolacile DLC version you lazy fucking japs. Make the 1st bell anor londo and the 2nd bell chasm of the abyss and then demon ruins goes to kiln also use the burg thats off the side of firelink shrine you can turn that into a shortcut into some underground nigger shit this game sucks ass.

The thing thats bad about DaS3 is that its so fucking linear. Whenever i think about giving that game another go i remember that it would be just exactly the same shit over and over again.

What makes you say that? I think the differences aren't that big but the few that i remember where a big improvement, like the Shrine of Armana enemy placements or the fact that the small dragons on the boss path to the ancient dragon no longer auto-aggro.

enemy placement being the biggest difference, but already being terrible in the first place…
hence from cracks to silly putty

You failed reading comprehension. I said later games have enemies that are so fast, strong, and aggressive, that after getting used to fighting them returning to Demon's Souls is super easy. Mind Flayers are pushovers now, Red Eye Knights are chumps, etc.

Only one Serpent seems to be involved in linking the fire, but with the Dark ending there is a whole group of Serpents that seem pretty happy the age of fire is over.

There is no level limit for fighting anyone, Soul Level 1 runs are a thing that exists. Get out with your level 68 bullshit. Furthermore you don't seem to know what level scaling is. Level scaling is where the game checks you level and then adjusts everything in the game to match or exceed it, to maintain a challenge or something. This is almost universally panned as a bad idea, because no one wants to get to level 80 and then go back to the starting area only to find all the hollows and rats are level 81. It takes away your sense of progression. This is why it would have been a bad idea to use on Gwyn or anyone else.

even if there was some sort of level fuckery he forgot the souls lost on death and the souls spent buying titanite and upgrading weapons

I never learned the timing for parries in DaS2/3. I think that is the largest contributor to me not wanting to play them. Also the game moving 50% faster for having higher than 30fps was silly. Didn't even know 3 was a thing until it came out, and I still haven't beat either 2 or 3. I don't think DaS1 needs a remaster at all, it just needs the devs to run the DSFix changes in an official patch for idiots who can't open notepads.

Fix worked temporarily for me, than shit the bed eternally. I'd gladly pirate this for a better experience.