EYE Devine Cybermancy

I don't get it. Is this shit broken or am I missing something? I'm playing co-op and I keep having NPC's not spawn, objectives not show up/update and yet you niggers always talk about how great this shit is. I was having fun but these problems are keeping that fun away.

Other urls found in this thread:

eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=news&news=48
london2038.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I played it solo and it was kinda meh.
It's seriously overrated on Holla Forums for some reason.
Legs memes and whatnot.

Anons love it because of the possibilities given by the gameplay and the batshit writing in general. It's definitely not an example of a perfect polished game, more like a cult classic.

There's no saving either, so every time we have an issue we have to redo everything

That's not true you keep your character progress you just have to replay the level from the beginning and the game is meant for multiple playthroughs
Unless you're on Mars there's no reason to complain

nigger are you serious? i can't even finish it once because of the bugs

You can beat any level in less than 10 minutes easily, except for mars and that's only because afaik there is no workaround to killing 28 humans or however many the king of the dead asks you to before opening the portal

But seriously, try reinstalling the game or verifying the files. If that doesn't work, then just spawn NPCs.

I say all this having just done a coop campaign two months ago with my friend three times each

im sure i could if objectives worked or npcs spawned. im at new eden and either the scout at the beginning doesnt spawn, the mentor wont talk to me, or if he does talk to me the objective wont update so i can't complete the quest

would just spawning them in work in tandem with the quests though?

Ouch. Right in the feels.

this.

The game is great as long as you're not a fucking faggot.

No its simply good. Faggots are the ones like you who overrate it.

EYE is unable to be sold at a level that is on par with what the actual experience is. It is inherently unable to be overrated.

The only hood thing about this game is the Touhou overhaul mod that completely changes the story and structure. Eye is a hot mess with a lot of potential and it needs serious autism to bring that out.

The what? I cannot find this anywhere.

Overated game with some redeeming factors, in spite of poor overall execution, that herd mentality proped up.

It plays like an alpha or a tech demo.
Gameplay mechanics are well built, nice skills and research, weapons are well done.
But there's no point to playing.
Singleplayer makes no sense and feels empty. Coop is worse.
"Really looking forward to the full release a year and a half from now!"
"It's kind of boring with these constantly spawning enemy place-holders"
- Oh, don't worry, that's just for testing.

It's a shit game with some great ideas, which manages to keep the game fun and interesting, usually.

lots of broke leg jian in this thread

jians are cool tho, they have better looking armor. especially the medium one

Reported.

I think it has a universe/lore that you want to love, but the game is just so shit that you can't.

I've never met an anti-EYE person who can name a more fun FPS tbh.

You're literally getting around to playing EYE after 7 years and then shitting on it? Yeah its a shit game, that's the joke, but there is some good times and goofy shit you can pull off there. We can only hope there is a sequel with maybe not shit game play in the same universe.

Would be better if there was better modding tools and if the community was alive to make content.

you're an idiot

Neither myself, nor any of the twenty people I personally know who have played this game, have ever run into any of the issues you are describing. Either your computer is shit, you're too dumb to configure the game settings, or both.

One of the missions that lead to a different ending you can skip that whole kill 28 niggers, but mars is a pain in the ass if you don't get legs or dragon.

brilliant, meanwhile other anons in this thread admit it has problems.

are you gonna blame EYE for this one too

Go back to vola

Type 'map cc_new_eden' into the in-game console to restart the mission and fix the bugs you mentioned or try verifying your games files.
You have to do the 28 niggers ending too to get the real ending.

That's only for two(?) other endings, I recall.
But EYE is at it's peak when you have legs + hp to stamina/energy thing or dragon.

True Ending isn't worth it

Health conversion, leg upgrades, armor skin and cloak make mars actually fun. Bring along bear killer and a sniper or shotgun with medium armor. Sneeki breeki and jump around to a high point and snipe everything, then do objectives and clean off any respawners.

I wouldn't say shit, but rather it harbors unrealized potential. If people had been conservative with the memes maybe we wouldn't have so many contrarians, because EYE is not shit. It is a legitimately good, if unorthodox, game. Someone post the autistic breakdown infograph.

But the Gates are
Okay maybe just the triangular gate is
Hypnotic Gate is good for dicking around with other players only

anything really and because EYE is a cult game, much like a cult you'll just split hairs in disbelief someone could dislike your half baked game

Give me another game where you can teleport into an enemy and transform him into a werewolf while immediately shooting an enemy from the other side of the map with a shotgun.
Give me another game where I can hack myself and transform ammo into health.
Give me another game with cyborg ninja paladins that tell every character they meet outside their own that they'll glue their nuts to their face if they don't stay quiet.
Give me another game where you can kill replicas of your wife that wield a submachinegun

You fucking can't you broken legs ngger

I never had any problems like that when I played. Had a lot of fun on EYE too, best .99 cents spent.

Name a specific shooter and I'll tell you why it's not as good as EYE (generally because it's missing features that EYE has).

Really? Anything? You're telling me some pile of dogshit like Duke Nukem Forever is a more fun FPS than EYE? Cause if it doesn't, then it's not anything now is it, and you better start naming some examples.

Warframe duh.

you really like sucking this games dick, huh bud?

thanks for this suggestion m8, i'll give it a try.

Oh and Elona if you want to go turn-based.

Every thread they reveal their abysmal taste.

But Warframe and Elona (lol) aren't good shooters, just like EYE isn't one.

No-no, warframe is still better than eye no matter how you look at it.

For real though you're either in love with it immediately or it's not for you. It's a messy and broken game but the style and gameplay quirks make it a treat to fuck around in if you're into all the stuff it steals inspiration from and smashes together.

How can it be better when it's not as fun?

No

How is it a problem?
Hot opinion mate. At least it's not another generic WH40K ripoff.
Wrong.
Wrong.

Wrong.

Enjoy your (You)

Wait how did I get a reply? Thats not my post

I too love grinding for 500 hours so I can get a slightly better gun than I had 500 hours ago

fuck off, culters can SUCK my dick
JIAN PRIDE WORLD WIDE

Tend to your broken legs elsewhere.

what's the image from and why does it remind me of junji ito?

the only thing you have to be proud of is managing to be the first person to die from choking on his own dismembered dick while falling down a few flights of stairs jian

REMOVE JIAN

say that again I fucking dare you, culter scum

EYEfags are tremendous cancer.

Are you ok? Are your legs broken?

You dumb fucks will forever be stuck in your cycles of guilt. Jian and Culter are comrades in arms. Learn it, live it, love it.

Into the gate you go, Jian scum!

I would kill myself if I were you.

>not knowing the legend of the legless EYEtist
some say he still lurks and posts these threads even after all these cycles have come to pass and repeat

I think you need to kill yourself. Something's fundamentally wrong with you.

I'd love to give EYE a try since i have it,but nobody on my fucking friends list does.

You don't actually need to play it multiplayer, but multiplayer does make it easier and quicker and sort of fucks it up
enjoy trying to understand whats going on

Your friends are casual and probably Jians.

This reads like a le random XD steam review.

There is nothing to "get", user, just play the game.

It's the "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" of vidya. Nothing quite like it. It's just that polish matters in vidya in ways it just doesn't in music.

I WILL BREAK YOUR FUCKING LEGS

muh dick

I kek'd.

any servers up?

Bump

Honest question user because I love this game, how the fuck do you get coop to work? I've never had it work for me. I'm talking about non-public servers. I'd settle for the /k/ server password so I don't have to play with randoms

I stood up my old server. Name is Jinteki Industries. No password. Map rotation is co-op missions, because campaign is always a clusterfuck no matter what.

I can't play tonight, I've got to sleep, but it's up for you guys and it's on a dedicated box so it'll stay up unless you somehow crash it. Enjoy.

I wish /cyber/ got more traffic

Same here brother

E Y E S E R V E R ?

Anybody got a torrent/hash for the game? Haven't played since I dropped steam years ago.

I take it you never unlocked said guns? Shame you missed out on half the fun.

Yes please

look at

hey, psst:
Google London2039.

Artifact capture and team deathmatch are better MP modes than co-op, i dont know why everybody plays co-op.

How is it batshit? Like how entry lebel to surreal games do you have to be to consider E Y E a batshit game?

Your legs are too broken to understand.

"Started Myst and gave up at the docks"-level I think.

My legs are OK!

Also: recently I managed to hook up one of those PSVR headsets to the computer.
It works really well (google Trinus for the drivers, totally worth 15$).
Then I got some Re:Shade trick to do stereoscopic 3D with older games.
Total costs: 265$ for VR in E.Y.E.

How does it run? Really well, actually. Got an old graphics card, but I can still max it no problem (reshade is pretty good).
It's not as good as native-VR but does a good work.
Jumping from great heights is adrenaline pumping and aiming your sword with headtracking is great. Motion sickness is indeed a thing but surprisingly, I can get used to it after a while and it goes away.
Strangely, falling down a building at MACH 2 and landing my hammer on some dude wasn't the most vomit inducing moment.
Aiming with the minigun was. It really fucks with your sense of equilibrium for a while.
Then you get used to it and it's glorious. Heavily recomend user's try it out if they have a VR headset around.

agreed

FILTHY DUMB JIAN SCUM

You read like a cock hungry faggot.

Just got on the server. Some other coulter joined, but then new enemies appeared that I've never seen before that were tough as nails. Killed me in like 1 hit.

Can someone make an edit of pic related? Making him teleport inside the child and explode, just like using dragon psi ability

The future is now

played this for the first time. even though im terrible at it, shit's FUNâ„¢

Did you just make me fucking reinstall it?

playing the server right now

Hey I have a question about my save: is your character saved on your PC or on Steam? I got a new PC and I can't get my previous chara with maxed legs and shit. Do I need to retrieve it from my old computer or should I do something so Steam gives it back to me?

Hi, Rimmanah here. Well, this is my last video, it has all come to this. Tomorrow is the day of retribution, the day in which I will have my revenge against the Secreta, against all of you. For the last thirty years of my life, ever since I became Commander, I have been forced to endure an existence of loneliness, rejection and unfulfilled desires. All because Jians have never been attracted to me, agents gave their affection, devotion and loyalty to other commanding officers, but never to me. I am 57 years old and I am still a subordinate, I have never even found a single artefact. I’ve been through extensive training for twenty years, more than that, actually, and I am still a subordinate of the Secreta. It has been very torturous, commanding is the time when everyone experiences things such as cooperation and discipline, and unity. Within those years I have had to rot in my shitty office. It’s not fair, you Jians have never been attracted to me, I don’t know WHY you Jians aren’t attracted to me. But I will punish you all for it, it’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me, I am the perfect officer and yet you throw yourselves at these obnoxious men, instead of me, the Supreme Manduco. I will punish you all for it. On the day of retribution, I am going to enter the most heavily fortified Temple in the sector and I will slaughter every single spoilt, stuck-up filthy Jian I see inside there. All those agents I have desired so much, they would have all rejected me and looked down upon me as a puny Cutler if I ever made a diplomatic advancement towards them, while they throw themselves at these obnoxious back-stabbers. I will take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am, in truth, the superior one, the true bringer of justice. Yes…After I have annihilated every single Jian at the Temple, I will take to the Headquarters and slay every single EYE operative I see there. All those operatives, that live such lives of hedonistic pleasure, while I have had to rot in loneliness all these years, they all looked down upon me when I tried to join them, they have all treated me like Federal scum. Well now, I will be a god, compared to you. You will all be like Metastreum, you ARE Metastreum, I will slaughter you like Metastreum, and I’ll be a god exacting my retribution to all those that deserve it. You do deserve it just for the crime of having a better life than me. All you higher-ups would never have accepted me and now you all pay for it. Jians, all I have ever wanted was to cooperate with you, to fight alongside you and wanted you under my authority. I wanted discipline, I wanted to be obeyed, affection, adoration, but if you think I’m unworthy, that is a crime that can never be forgiven. If I can’t have you, Jians, I will destroy you. You denied me a happy life and in turn I will deny all of you life, it’s only fair. I hate all of you, humanity is a disgusting, wretched and depraved species. If I had it in my power, I would stop at nothing to reduce every single one of you to mountains of skulls and rivers of brozouf, and rightfully so. You deserve to be annihilated and I will give that to you. You never showed my wife any mercy, so I will show you none. You forced me to suffer all my life and I will make you all suffer. I’ve waited a long time for this, I’ll give you EXACTLY what you deserve, to all of you. All you Jians, who rejected me and looked down upon me, you treated me like scum, while you gave yourselves to other officers. And all you Culters trying to have a better life than me, all you EYE agents, I hate you, I hate all of you, and I can’t wait to give you exactly what you deserve, utter annihilation.

ebin

You can copy-paste the character files from your "streumon" folder.

What kind of enemies, user? Screencap or description?

Sheeeit, I'll have to check this out.

Save info is located somewhere in your documents folder.

My old computer crashed and deleted most of my files a week before I got the new one

Holy shit wish me luck guys

Aside from being the best tard corral I don't think that it can do anything better than others games; Maybe best F2P/P2W game on consoles?

Right, I guess I really need to play this now- I had considered it in the past but had backlog so it just fell off the radar, and just recently finished with some stuff and now want something new. magnet?

more like waitframe

Plug the old drive into the new computer. Pirate a program called GetDataBack for NTFS, and run that against the entire drive. You'll be able to recover most of your stuff if the drive itself isn't dead.

Why the fuck aren't you faggots criticizing this shit on the general? Jesus that shit's almost as cancerous as the Overwatch threads.

Bring it faggot.

Posting what got me to play this game

That actually really helped me get into it. 10/10.

why does he have the Holla Forums logo exactly on his forehead?

Because that's part of a Holla Forums board banner.

I honestly don't understand why people always wanted to play this in co-op, since that always seemed to be the worst mode to me. It's a much better game solo.

Just mash out your perfect triple metastreum and you'll be the equivalent of a midgame character right at the start.

Because most people here have beaten the game so many times in campaign that it's lost all novelty.

Co-Op usually involves maps that randomly generate objectives, so you get some goals to work towards while killing hordes of enemies without the story breaking the flow of the slaughter.
The story is much better experienced solo.

Anyway, what about custom maps?
eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=news&news=48
This one is Sector 7, large map, nice objective generation and good visuals. I heavily recomend it (toss it on the server pls).
Anyone got other good maps?

Human with simplistic armor and bear killer called Guardian. Got killed like 4 times over. It displayed some small information about it while I'm the coma screen.

I would purposely allow myself to go insane in the game to get visual hallucinations and play it like that

So the true flagship for VR isn't some new ground breaking triple AAA game. It's fucking EYE.

hey anons can you spare a MEGA link for this?

hey jian scum,if you took the shit out of your optic visors maybe you could see that there is a thread where you can ask for these things and escape your cycles

just buy it homie, it's way more fun in coop
wait for a sale, last Christmas it was 2 bucks

I did ask there

Im a poor polish fag mate

I'm Bulgarian and I bought it. you have no excuse

Good point but i dont want to wait

If I had any modding skill, I would fix this game. And here's how I would do it:

1: Remove the stats system and level-up system altogether, because quite frankly, it's broken on almost every level. Instead, Brouzouf is life, Brouzouf is love. Specialized characters would, instead of investing in stats, invest in specific cyber-parts (hackers invest in brain and interface, psionics invest in brain and psi amplifier, melee fighters invest in arms and armor, shooty guys invest in eyes and interface, and EVERYONE invests in legs). The only requirements to use a given weapon or cyber-part is research and having enough money to buy it. Also remove the Fatal Wounds system because that shit is just frustrating and annoying. Make the punishment for death losing money, which doesn't work in most games but does work for a game like EYE because money is very important, but also plentiful. Losing some will hurt, and is something you want to avoid, but won't cause a reverse-snowball effect like in some games. If you want to make it more flavorful, make it so that dying has a chance to damage your cyberware, which temporarily levels them down until you get them repaired, which costs money and takes time, similar to research.

2: Because stats are not all-important now, the hacking and psionics can be properly balanced so that you can actually use them primarily instead of relying on guns 90% of the time. If you put a lot of money into hacking upgrades, you'd damn well better be able to hack things FAST. That's not the case in the base game.

3: Make the medkit recharge while you're not holding it so you don't have to awkwardly wait around with it out to get your health back

4: Increase energy regen speed, and maybe also add another way to restore energy. Walking around in a crouch half the time is not fun.

5: Weapon fixes: make the sawedoff shotgun not suck. Give the giant fucking hammer something to make it worthwhile, maybe some Gravity-Hammer style area damage or something. Make blocking with swords not consume as much energy. Give the CAW Hammer a slightly larger clip. Give the hunting rifle a better scope and a better rate of fire so that it's not inferior to the Bear Killer in almost every way. Make the 6-shooter suck less by giving it better accuracy and faster reload speed. Make it clear in the grenade launcher's description that firing a grenade into a wall or floor will make it act as a proximity mine (because it does), but otherwise keep it the same.

6: PSI fixes: Make Madness actually work because at the moment it basically does nothing. Make a clearer distinction between the two versions of psi-cloning by giving the single clone some heavy weapons and restricting the multi-clone to more basic stuff. Also, make sure to include how they will be upgraded when upgrading your psi-amplifier (EG along with things like "PSI cost reduction 5% -> 10%" and "Chance to spawn demon with Invocation 40%-> 50%", you also get "Psi-clone weapon Black Crow -> Depezador" and "Heavy Psi-clone weapon S6000 -> Sulfatum"). Also, make it clear in Invocation's description that the real reason to have it is to instagib people with your mind, and the demon is just a bonus. Oh, and balance the Gates. They can still be ridiculously good, just make it so that Substitution Gate can't just give you a full heal whenever the fuck you want it, and Triangular and Hypnotic Gate can't instantly kill the final boss.

Agreed with pretty much everything, however
It DOES work, but not in the way you'd think. The spell makes the victim target anything in sight. The issue comes up when the target is already targetting you, because enemies in this game don't change targets easily. However, if you break sight from a maddened enemy (or were never spotted by him to begin with i.e. cloaking) you'll notice it will begin attacking the closest thing to him. Unless you are this thing because he's just around the corner, it will usually be another enemy. In my second file I went for a full PSI build after a hacking one and found that Madness is in practice instant hacking of enemies.

Send help, stuck on mars.

Are your legs broken? Just jump back!

thanks for your input you fucking jian but nobody cares

I cant get past that damn gate I need to hack

Madness rocks if you're good with stealth because yes it can instantly make a group of enemies kill themselves. As the aforementioned maddened enemies don't change their targets back.

The energy regen should be some kind of dropped resource, as now only ammo drops, which sucks. You should be able to scavenge corpses for energy from their power sources, there need to be robots besides turrets that you can leech off of. Perhaps some kind of energy vampire taser, or you could hack a terminal to drain it of power.

Hacking terminals for power would make it moar useful, for sure.

There is nothing wrong with the stat and level system. Removing it would only make the game less interesting. If, however, the game was designed without a level/stat system from the beginning and focused on cybernetics, it could be good. I'd expect a much larger array of cybernetics though.

Unless you have a way that makes hacking and psionics net you mad brouzouf the way guns do, removing the stat system won't fix this.
The only way to fix HACK/PSI is to actually reward the player for using them. Reward the player for enemies killed by hacked enemies, as well as hugely increasing the amount you get from hacking ATMs. PSI is a similar deal, you need to gain brouzouf every time a clone kills an enemy, or an enemy struck with madness kills another enemy. You should also gain brouzouf when a monster summoned through PSI kills an enemy. In essence, any enemy death that you or your minions were responsible for should net you brouzouf. This makes every build viable.

Agree.

Agree. You should be able to restore energy from pickups, the same way you can restore health.

the problem with that hacking method is that it's SLOW. You can't do it on the fly, and if enemies show up you just have to drop it.

The UI for hacking is pretty terrible. It needs to be changed to something with more visual feedback, and maybe bind actions to keyboard keys to make it easier to rapidly issue commands.

Yeah, pretty much. If you go for PSI then you can get an army of clones in half a second, that are all more powerful than any human that can be hacked. If you want an army equivalent to what you get from polycloning, you're looking at a few minutes per enemy at least, discounting the ones that get killed by their friends immediately. So yes, hacking definitely needs to be faster.

As for enemies showing up, hacking is meant to be done stealthily early on, since if you invested in hacking it means you don't have much else. Later on you can be riskier as you have many tools at your disposal to delay enemies and let you hack.
As long as you have high endurance and a few levels of adrenaline pump (which you should for most builds), these are perfectly viable (cloak moreso), unless you get swarmed, or BK/TKD'd. If you hold down crouch, you can stay crouched while hacking, very useful for keeping that energy up.
All great at delaying enemies to let you hack, as well as taking the heat off of you.
Then you've got all the great utilities that you likely have at your disposal thanks to your high hacking skill, but that you also aren't likely to have thanks to your piddly brouzouf gains.

what the fuck does that mean

hunting machine has double the ammo (but same speed malcus penalty) than bear killer but sometimes it fucking misses even if i shoot right in their eyes

It's really not. It adds nice flavor and thanks to level scaling, forces eventual specialization. The only way to do something similar with brouzouf would be to make every implant/cyberpart increase in price when you buy one. Upgrade legs, your cyberbrain gets more expensive. Otherwise you'll just end up upgrading everything at the same rate and everyone will be a Grey Master. Boring.

It's a way to punish bad players for being bad and let minmaxers break the game once they know how, there's literally nothing wrong with it. It can be reversed, it just takes lots of work.

That'd just encourage everyone to buy whatever implant is cheapest at the time, leading to samey builds everywhere. Can't lose brouzoufs you don't have.

So literally the fatal wounds system?

Psi isn't and shouldn't be a primary, it's a very powerful utility skill. Hacking only takes a long time because most people don't dump stat points into it because there's no hard requirement like there is for psi skill. If you put 70 points into hacking, it's surprisingly fast and easy, it's just that even the best implants don't need nearly anything that high.

Hacking especially is important for ghost difficulty runs where poking out of cover without a cloak will probably net you 3 simultaneous headshots with hunting machines. It's actually a really fun way to play, stealth becomes mandatory - you just need to be a fairly high level to make it work.

So nothing but health regen with an extra step. No reason to ever retreat from battle, cloak and slip away to a hiding place, or disengage an enemy. That would just make gameplay more shallow.

Sawed-off side-by-side is useless, just like it would be if you also had access to a pump-action shotgun that held 36 rounds, a flawlessly accurate rifle that held 100 rounds, and an anti-tank revolver. It should be no surprise that it doesn't match up. I haven't used the hammer personally, but isn't it just a slower, higher-damage version of Damocles with some lightning effects? What's wrong with that?

So you can run around being invincible?

The point of the CAW is ridiculous alpha damage because you can just hold down the trigger. The trade-off is that you can't carry as much ammo. I see no problem.

But it's objectively superior. It holds twice as much ammo, the optics are vastly better than the BK ironsights, and it does a tad more damage. It fills the role of a battle rifle. If you want a high-damage sniper, use the .50 cal unsuppressed one with the absurdly high zoom scope, it'll drop gunships in no time.

Again, when presented with all the weapons options, there's no way to give it a proper niche. It's there for the sake of being there.

You're complaining about that being unclear? In EYE? A game that thrives on vaguarities?

It works for me.

It's already pretty clear how it works. If it's unclear, pop both abilities and look at what appears. Problem solved.

Those aren't necessarily direct upgrades. If you're playing right, they're mostly just meatshields anyway.

It was pretty clear to me.

How would they be ridiculously good if they weren't an effective instakill or full heal? They're all expensive, energy-wise. Weren't you just complaining that medkit charges don't regen when the medkit is away? Why would you have an issue with a full heal (that you can still whiff if you're using the wrong weapons or the victim gets picked off by something else) that costs a shitload of energy? If anything, the late-game juggling of cybernecromancy, healing, and damaging is fairly complex, difficult to do at speed, and quite fun.

(checked)
Very good points.

Was Dutch supposed to die or am I just bad?

Depends. Which mission are you on?

The one in the facility the Jians were tied to where all the monsters rush at you at the end.

You're just bad.
You can use your medkit to heal dutch.

Yeah I was going to but he seemed to be doing okay. Also I destroyed all the sentries in there cause I was too bad at hacking, or was I supposed to grab the ones from the spawn point? And does Dutch dying here affect anything? Should I just wait and find out?

The mission is easier and goes faster if you let him die, actually. He also doesn't actually die, even though he died there and at Mars and also during the intro.

Destroy the first sentry when you enter the building. There's a security console you can hack that will make all the turrets friendly, and is easier to hack than the individual turrets. You can get it in range by standing next to the right doorway in that first room, just don't stand IN the doorway because there's a turret covering it.

Pretty much this, you can steal the ones from the starting area too.

Is the gameplay like Deus Ex?

no

No. It's a horde shooter, or Serious Sam, but with optional stealth, hacking, and psi that are more situational or utilitarian than anything else.

I shitpost I made three years ago that I just realized I could have made by now if I sat down and did it.

Fuck I am wasting my life with work.

yes,it's exactly like DeuceEx

*pant pant*
What did I miss?

Nothing, you were just leaving

To avoid the effect you're talking about, just make it so that upgrading your cyberware only gets slightly more expensive at each level, as opposed to the base game where each level costs like double what the previous level cost. Either that or make it so that the rewards for upgrading from level 5 to 6 are better than the rewards for leveling from 1 to 2

Fatal Wounds can't be fixed until you've sunk like 100 hours into the game and exhausted the whole research tree. I'm talking about something that can be removed in a few minutes. Also the fact that you can get discounted stats when you have fatal wounds is really, really stupid and broken.

If you're investing tons of stat points into something and the game seems to act like you can specialize it, you'd damn well better be able to actually rely on it.
I tried putting 70+ points in hacking. It still took forever to hack everything because every fucking enemy spams shield and cloak. A hack-focused character just doesn't work in the base game, and you end up running and gunning with a gimped character for most of the game.

Fast paced != shallow. Were you having fun sitting in the corner sucking your thumb while the enemies dicked around and did nothing? I don't think so. Just make the enemies smarter to compensate, make it so they don't inexplicably avoid certain areas of the map. I think it's a lot more "shallow" to just have certain areas where you can just be perfectly safe and restore all your health and energy by waiting around for like a minute straight, which is how the base game operates. I'd prefer something closer to Killing Floor before the devs ruined it, where you're constantly fighting for your life and will have do the attack and retreat dance when things get hairy, but whenever you have a spare moment you can restore yourself and don't have to take a long minute of down time to get your health back.

I did not know sword blocking protected you from the sides and the back, and from explosions. Does it? I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Also cheaper != free

Fair, but 10 is just a little too low for the enemy spam-fest that is EYE. Maybe something like 14.

The BK fits outside of your main inventory space, and weighs less. This is very important because it means you can use it with a heavier or a rapid-fire weapon other than an SMG. That makes it WAY better than the Hunting, which is only a very, very tiny upgrade on the BK, basically just larger clip (and due to the longer reload, that isn't even much of an advantage anyway). Also the Hunting is less accurate for some reason, despite requiring a higher accuracy to use.

And the vaguarities are what people don't like about it, and what makes most people play it for 5 minutes and then never pick it up again. It's what made me almost do that. The story being weird and vague is one thing, but mechanics should NEVER be vague. When I first used the grenade launcher, I thought it was glitching out, because EYE is no stranger to glitches, but it was working as intended and I didn't know it because there is nowhere in the weapon's description that says that grenades will act as proxy mines if you don't shoot something directly. Or if you do shoot something non-living directly, like a beacon.

The problem I have is mostly with Substitution Gate. You basically become invincible if you have both it and Vitality Converter, because any time you get low, you just use it, shoot whoever you used it on with a Bear Killer, bam, you have full health. Convert half that health into energy, use it again, convert the other half into energy, shoot the new target, bam, full health and full energy. The amount of effort required to do this is minuscule and completely trivializes the combat.

On levels without Deus Ex/Gunships, I carry it because it's got 2 more rounds than the BK, has a faster ROF and takes out 90% of humans in one hit.

Okay I got my save back
Now I just need to learn how to play better and more efficiently because my legs are like the only thing that got leveled up correctly
I can't wait to get into the positive feedback loop of progression for good

Game is dogshit, pure and simple. As you noticed it's a buggy shitfest. It also features a grand total of 2 hours of gameplay, no replayability, awful gunplay and balance, garbage skills and retarded AI (they literally shoot each other in the back if you stand in a line with them). It's one of those games with a cult following that refuse to acknowledge any flaw at all with the game, so they push everyone else away and just circlejerk all day.

YOUR LEGS ARE BROKEN

You are wrong.

>has something you can meme forever and ever got brozouf?HAWHAWHAWHAW FUNNY!
Holla Forums's best game ever

bad game only fanboys can defend it

Look at this picture. You know what that is? That deformed girl is the perfect analogy for EYE.
EYE is this flawed game that really won't go nowhere. But you kinda like something about it. Or maybe you are some user who wants in with the crowd, and convinced yourself that it has to be good, otherwise you are not one of the cool kids. So you put your rose tinted glasses on and overexacerbate it's "qualities", and all other anons who want in the club buy into it.
You are the facebook crowd that look at those deformed children's pics and post shit like
You all know the girl is flawed. Her lifespan is limited. She has nothing to offer to this world other than a metanalysis of her diseased existance. At best she will be a subpar human.

And it's the same for EYE
Fucking Warframe or any other repetitive grindfest game has more right to have general threads on Holla Forums than EYE. Have you played it recently? Like, really played? Did this time those 2 hours you spent on it felt any different than last time? When's the next mod coming?
Fuck's sake it's just like watching a bunch of normalfags praising "indieshit flavor of the month", but it's the same bad game every time.

Just got done with another playthrough of this game and had a ton of fun. Character is level 79 now; only put 50 hours into it but I'll definitely be going for a couple more runs at least. This one was a gottagofast light armor/SMG cruise; it's crazy how fast you can traverse some of the levels once you know the routes, but you still have to have your head on straight or you'll get picked off by security turrets and high-HP enemies.

Your legs are broken

The harder you try the more everyone is just gonna meme on you to make you mad, is this your first day here, you jian?

I like jians and how cool they are they break bandit's legs and don't afraid of anything also they OBJECTIVELY have the better armor

your opinion is trash

I've waited for an EYE thread for a while now just to post this.

at least i know my legs are OK

Oh shit somebody found an ayy lmao

Only proving a point.

Objectively false. Especially if you have a tech tree and have enemy spawn set to max.
I say nah. The fact that it has to go into your primary weapon is a minus but for different builds I see nothing wrong with it. Especially since it's great as a stand alone weapon. You can also hold plenty of secondary weapons anyway as well as a sword or 2.
Speak for yourself.
Again, speak for yourself. I got a lot of enjoyment out of figuring out many of the mechanics in the game. Some things could be spelled out better (much of it in the UI and certain other mechanics) but otherwise there's a lot of info in the loading screens and overall you shouldn't struggle to much to figure this shit out.

What am I proving? You want to argue the game's quality go to the general and do it. I'll be seeing you there.

bretty good
good job user

Talking about how nobodies willing to bitch on the general about a game being bad you illiterate fuck. Besides that it's like going into a 4am thread and telling faggots to stop acting like faggots. It just can't be done.

It happens all the time you nigger.

Then why does the game still have a general despite it being garbage? :^)

Cause it's not :^)

Then maybe you should fellate all the faggots who agree with you in your hugbox general.

Or maybe you'd like to go to the proper thread to get your ass BTFO? You clearly have a strong opinion you desperately want to voice.

Have you considered I am in this thread because I like E.Y.E? And that just sounds like a weak excuse to not argue. Afraid you'll lose an argument on the internet?

Good for you. It's a better game after all.
You would know being the arbiter of weak arguments. Either way you're not doing much for your sake by shitting up a thread to defend your worse game. I can only assume that you're committed to much to liking a bad game to the extent that you have to bring it to another. In a way I'm glad you are since that's what nearly got the 4am threads banned.

Which will then make you overpowered very quickly - levels scale up in the XP needed to advance fairly quickly, and once you hit the 60s or so for a given stat it takes multiple stat points to advance.

Objectively false. I have 60 hours into the game across two characters and cured fatal wounds on the first one. You also don't need to exhaust the entire research tree, there are 7 prerequisites (Medkit, Carnophage Corpse, Medical Artifact, Alpha Crossed Ligaments, Xium Prototype, Synthetic Coagulent, Extreme Biotech Surgery) and 5 fatal wound cures, out of 50 techs total.

You can. You can build up a sizeable army by hacking people, ally turrets, get views of an area you can't normally see, etc. What you're not going to get is the ability to run around and PRESS X TO HACK on everything that enters your line of sight. There's a certain Ubisoft series you should look into if that's what you want.

Then git gud. There are several extremely effective rotations you can use for hacking.

If you want nothing but constant action, again, there are other games you should consider. Fuck's sake, you even start out with alchemy and can heal on the fly that way.

Then play Killing Floor instead of EYE.

Actually it does block incoming rockets. If you're getting flanked though, that's your problem. Parrying is nothing but a way to mitigate incoming damage during a frontal assault.

The only case where this would apply is if you need an S6000 for a map like Electric Sheep, or a shotgun for CQC. By the time you can use the Hunting Machine, accuracy is irrelevant, you're pinpoint standing still regardless and it's only a tiny difference when you're on the move - and you've got more ammo in case you actually somehow manage to miss a Deus Ex or gunship. The optic alone makes it significantly more useful for taking out officers or anything with heavy armor.

If someone actually drops the game after 5 minutes because it's too confusing, it's not the game for them.

It certainly doesn't at higher difficulties, and it takes a significant amount of investment and knowing what you're doing to even get to that point. The health/energy loop is a reward for reaching that high of a level, just like being able to jump 50 feet in the air.

Jians have done nothing wrong.
t. Jian Not Jian

Nice try, you double jian

This image is bigotry and Jians are Culter's greatest allies. Please refrain from posting it.

anyone got the edit of this?

It is all lies and slander.

>bycie tak kurwa biednym, że nie masz 7 złotych i 19 groszy,
>>>/rzabczan/

That pepe scared the shit out of me when it blinked

Should be

i just made this

Too minimalistic, nice choice of music though.

Have you killed your wife recently /eye/?

Nice, but needs more detail and the Gondolas to be a little bigger in the frame.

I killed my wife even before starting the game.

yes you did

Fucking come on mods I specifically said to remove the comment chain, not my entire fucking involvement in the thread. Learn to fucking read you dump retards.

posts*

janitors will always do it for free.

I genuinely don't mind if they remove offtopic shit. But why ban the fucker who reports it? Mark needs to tell his minions to chill the fuck out.

funny thing is I don't think I got banned.

you fell for the meme, and you paid the price.

Funny thing is the fucker didn't do this a couple few months ago. I usually get into a retarded rant with retarded people and then make a report to remove the entire comment chain and get banned for 2-24 hours for being somehow responsible despite the fact that the comment chain wouldn't have been removed without the report in the first place. I even explicitly state to remove ONLY the comment chain. I'm guessing I will get another ban for not emailing Mark directly even though when I do I get no reply.

So you are saying you have a habit of flailing around like a retard and then when you come to your senses demand everyone you picked a fught with be banned?

lel Reported for ban evasion.

goddammit i love EYE so much. it's not the greatest game i've ever played but it might honestly be the most straight-faced bizarre game

E.Y.E. is a great foundation, and it being a Source game, it's easily moddable. Take a look around, you might find something interesting.

Ask me how I know you've never tried modding EYE.

Anyone ever play the soundtrack for berserk every now and then while playing E.Y.E.?

Oh shit how'd I not notice this thread for over a week straight
we got a coop server or what

yeah we have a co-op server, but no one is fucking on it

I will get on if everyone else will get on.

I will get on if you will get on

Fucking faggot I bet you won't
I need to change the bindings on my PS4 controller, I made the trackpad have 10 extra functions but now none of them work.

i am in with some other gay retard

Using the game's chat feature fucking sucks, I'd rather we record the event out here.

Of course you fucks decide to play at 2 AM when I need to sleep.

Also the server stays on coop mode because campaign is always a clusterfuck. I can set it up if you really want, though.

Let's do some fuckin campaign co-op niggers.

give campaign you gay

It's set to campaign. For some reason my backup configs were fucked up so it kept forcing co-op missions.

At least have the decency to check my quads.

I had to extend the subtitle box.

ok dokie i will play the server tomorrow (most likely when xonotic gaynight ends)

We need to bring back frEYEdaynights, I'll even figure out how to bind my mic to play shrek like old times.

nice mate

I've been thinking: What does "E.Y.E" stand for?

I'm angry you can't change character models in this game, and I'm especially mad you can't play as skeletor rimanah with his double edged longsword

More like retards start off with a semblance of an argument and then devolve to shitposting.
Speak for yourself fag.

According to the devs, that's classified and you don't have the Secreta clearance to know.

I feel that. Especially cause I like the light armor more than the heavy, but I like being a balk fag.

you're gonna get yourself banned again like this.

I believe it started as З.Ψ.E in the game's language , some sort of psychic anti-paranormal commando; but the devs must have forgotten whatever it was supposed to mean exactly and went with E.Y.E just because it looked similar.

You got the letters backwards; it's all supposed to be Greek and it's in because these specific frenchmen love the greek language; the characters actually speak greek and some other mixture of languages for the spoken bits, but it's all gibberish basically.
The letters are Epsilon (E), Psi (Ψ), Xi (Ξ) I'm pretty sure.

Recording or screenshots. Now

Wheres the Jian one? Wheres Mentor?

Threads like this are what convince me that no one here still remains from the exodus except 5 people.
Its so fucking bad, seriously morrowind and EYE being shit on by 12 year old prepubescents.
Mark doesn't give a fuck as long as he gets that sweet sweet traffic.

So what, everyone with wrong opinions should just be banned?

Where did I say that faggle? You should be challenged and condemned for not having a point beyond

So what's your fucking gripe then? Cause half of this thread is calling eachother jians, a fourth is talking about how to improve the game, and the other fourth was talking the warframe vs EYE shit seriously. All the one line hits on EYE were met with one line hits of you have broken legs.

So I killed the guy on mars and now I have to hack the listening station, but I can't. What do?

None of that makes any sense.
Maybe try to not understand.
Are you actually playing E.Y.E.
I hope you are playing a different game - you will hope that soon too.
Get more brouzoufs.

Just "finished" this yesterday, killed mentor + everyone in the hub. Now I know I was on a mission on Mars or Deimos or Phobos with my mentor and all went to hell - the rest is not too clear. Might never get clear. Fuck.

Cool fact. You actually can not raise your hack skill high enough for some of the final enemies in the temple. The fuck were they thinking?

Only explaining a point. Also why are you replying if that's the case?

That sounds really really fucking gay.

I still need to figure out the best course of action when a Jian wing death squad appears to destroy me, these niggers can ruin my fun pretty fast on open areas. Should I invest in PSI force to make my clones more efficient, or do you guys have better tactics?

pretty much psi or that exploding gun is your best chance against a squad of enemies, you can also try sprinting forward and jumping high in the air if they throw a grenade or start shooting at you

Damocles, Spiculum, Sulfatum, gates if you can cast them without killing yourself, or hit and run with the BK or hunting machine. The real problem isn't the damage so much as your aim going to shit when you're shot, hence guns that don't care about spread. If you're a squishy piece of shit, cloak and pop them with automatic grenade fire.

OK, thanks for the tips, have some OC.

I wonder if pic related would have been fun if zombies weren't so watered down and pleb-tier.

Metastreums are better than zombies.

Am i the only one here who thinks they look sort of cute?

Looks like you're right, pic is from their website.
Anybody who knows Greek can take a guess of the meaning ?

so, no one is play on servers I assume

Why hasn't anyone modded in demon penises on the meta monsters?

>not modding in a functioning Mc Hack and May Lee's Private office in New Eden
I 'd like some more burgers in vidya.

Wow, I actually also have. It's also great to play Nightstalker on Electric Sheep

You don't actually have to hack it. Just do the other objectives.

I don't understand

I just got into a server, but the faggot put on some low-gravity setting. Fucking garbage. Taking away all my investment in legs and sick ass jumps.

sad

sad

your legs will never be fixed

There's 2. Shit, if you get the Lithium mod for Doom you're pretty much playing EYE:Doom edition.

I've got these.

Well I fucked that up already. Should have checked which was which first. I think I'll kill myself now.

You'd still need some proper maps/mapsets to get the right atmosphere. I propose something made by either Lainos or Michael Krause.

I wish there was maps for "specific" things, like a horde wave + objective(something like KF1 objective mode) to avoid some of the co-op clusterfuck, since there is already enemies to keep things challenging.

It's French comedy, here is nothing to understand.

there*

Where?

there:

Source is from "Objectif Nul", a French comedy series from the 80's. The currency in the series is also the Brouzouf, but then again, Brouzouf is a slang for money nobody outside of the E.Y.E community uses, not even the French.

Talk to all the NPCs and get all the endings. You need all 4 to understand.

VR guy here: I've been trying a shitload of other games with this thing, haven't come back to E.Y.E in a while.
There's a problem with it however.
When you set up the Re:Shade thing, you can do it in two ways:
It's like seeing the game through a diving helmet. It works, but limits your immersion a bit.
And this one works even better, looks great in motion, it's somehow LESS vomit inducing but there's a catch: the HUD is down there, in the corner. In a peripheral zone of your vision. Aka: you can't really see it.
So, on one hand, playing without the HuD is really fucking tense. You gotta count bullets, pay attention to the "no energy left" pop up and all that. But you can't tell how hurt you are, so you start spamming the medkit.
So I've been trying to learn how to mod the E.Y.E. interface to place the health and energy bar in the middle. It's a source game, I'm pretty sure it's possible since there's a ton of modifications like this for other source games.

Vampire the masquerade had the same problem, but since it's on the horizontal plane (to the sides) you can kinda tell how much health/blood you have left. Still a pain in the ass.
Crapped my pants at the raptor, and I've played this shit back to back more than 10 times.
It sucks you can't use the Move controllers for this sort of rigging in older games, but since I have acess to the Vive catalog now (and payed half the price those niggers did) I'm finding tons of good shit at 15$.

If I manage to change the Hud (or someone already knows how and posts about it) I'll post screenshots and a short guide. It's really surprisingly easy.

Do S.T.A.L.K.E.R
And post webbum for proofs

I loved Morrowind but I found EYE impenetrable and shonky, the UI is hell but I can see why some people like it, it has an intriguing air of otherness about it and bits and pieces of it look cool (and quite a bit looks crappy too) but I can't get into the thing.

if you can play morrowind you can play EYE.
change the UI to the simpler looking one, bind stuff to the wheel, and you'll be alright.

Sermons?

Nigger I've seen you reply telling people to do this every time that image is posted. There is no London 2039, now fuck off.

Stalker might be a good idea if I can find some "immersive" HuD thing.
You know that shit in modern shooters where, when you're hurt, they plaster red jelly all over the screen? funnily enough, that would come in handy for VR since it's much easier to notice than a bar on the corner of your eye.

Yeah, cause I fucked up.
It's London 2038.
london2038.com/

Maybe get your shit straight before telling people about games that don't exist, then I won't have to bully you again faggot.

Hellgate London is my jam m8

This thread made me download the game again to give it a second try and I'm glad I did. Boy is it scary when you get surrounded suddenly in those sub-missions when you revisit areas that have people respawn in groups of 5+ every thirty seconds.

Will my defenses ever get high enough for me to be able to run around the map blasting things to bits with the Damocles??

Yes. Play on harder difficulties to get more BROUZOUF and upgrade cyberlegs. Also, one research reduces all energy consumption by implants by 33%, making dermal sheath easier to maintain.

Gotta use them clones boy.

I'm max level hacking and boy is it OP

Borderlands 2
Titanfall 2
Destiny
Doom 2016

Now you stop that

How do I stop making waves?

NOPE
You can fuck right off and take gitgud with you.

As much as I enjoy this game I hate how lonely the world feels. I wish there would be some neutral NPC citizens in New Eden and Electric Sheep. I'm not saying put them on the battlefield but somewhere on the sidelines would be nice. Seeing a flying car here and there would be cool too.

That's pretty faggoty, user

I always saw the world (levels really) as amazingly well done set pieces that kind of exist outside the realm of basic reality. In a way the levels perfectly portray the world that's established. They're nonsensical and make no sense half the time, much like a dream.

Oh look, the lainchan shitposters have arrived.

Fuck off, Kalyx.

The roads in New Eden are blocked, and it's basically a warzone. Unless it's a fed or an E.Y.E aircraft or vehicle, it makes sense you don't see any car around here.
Pic unrelated.

unless she was a trash troll that user missed out.

She had a large collection of anime and hentai images so I would assume she probably wasn't above a 4/10 in the looks department.