PSP Homebrew Thread

Hey nerds, dug up my old PSP from back when I was a kid and I figured I'd mod that cutie. Suggest some games/plugins/whatever I should install because I need to be spoonfed this shit like a child.

pic fuckin related

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?s=b&q=How to softmod a PSP
web.archive.org/web/20130120063154/https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-converting-ps1-games-for-psp.206195/
manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/game/pspsavedata.html
please
gamefaqs.com/ps3/927750-playstation-3/answers/89134-copy-ps1-game-save-from-psp-to-ps3
ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=61346
guidingtech.com/18799/share-save-files-psone-classics-ps3-psp/
gbatemp.net/threads/transfer-saves-between-psp-and-psp-remaster-on-ps3.456276/
archive.fo/QlwD1
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_PSP#Super_Famicom_.28SNES.29
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_GBA#SNES
sourceforge.net/projects/snezziboy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmgtfy.com/?s=b&q=How to softmod a PSP

already done that, I was asking for "[S]ome games/plugins/whatever", not how to softmod

Most of my memories with the PSP are playing non-PSP games, coz there's a shitton of emulators you can install and the PSP controls are super comfy.

The PSP by design can play PSX games, and at native resolution too which fits perfectly on the PSP screen, so you might want to get some and convert them using this guide:
web.archive.org/web/20130120063154/https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-converting-ps1-games-for-psp.206195/

Other emulators:
This runs a plethora of point-and-click games from across many systems including MS-DOS and Windows.
Yes this is a thing, and yes you can install Windows 9x on it but it's super slow (for obvious reasons). You have to configure it from PC first to map keyboard keys to the PSP controls.
Only runs some games perfectly (mainly the top titles) while the rest can run with glitches or not at all.

There's also Bookr for reading PDF/TXT files, and the PSP web browser can play SWF flash games provided you embed them in a webpage (HTML) file first. Although you'll be limited to flash games that rely on the mouse since the browser keyboard can only be used in text fields.

This list needs to be updated, or we need to create our own

emuparadise has an entire download section with already converted ISOs ready to play (look for PSP eboots under the handhelds section)

Has anyone here by chance played Chrono Trigger with Snes9X on the PSP? Because I always get some graphical glitches in the menus and cant manage to save the game.

Lead the way then

Kingdom of Paradise is a pretty good action RPG

Hell nah nigga
Maybe if we get a decent thread but PSP threads are basically nonexistent because of the Vita's existence
Maybe if this thread gets a decent amount of traffic then I'll try but it'd be much easier to just update the graph

I don't see Holla Forums obsessing over the Vita either, and it doesn't even have a fraction of what the PSP had as a game library.
If you wanna do it then do it, start something and it'll attract users, and don't expect it to be made in a day also.

This is slightly more related to PS3 homebrew than PSP homebrew, but it's still relevant to both, so I'd rather ask here than make/wait for a new PS3 thread: I want to transfer saves from my actual PSP as well as emulators to my PS3 to use the PSP Classics placeholder thing with games I've already sunk days into. The problem here is that even though PSP and PS3 saves use the same general format, PS3 saves have an extra file that describes the other files with information like their checksums, but I'm not well-versed in encryption and security. Does anyone know what I would need to do to get it to work? I'm pretty sure I need to use psftool or something with a similar name, but I'm not sure exactly how to use it.

The PS Vita can play nearly every PSP game on Adrenaline very well can't it?
You're not wrong though, but you need some people to start it off with at least in my opinion

check out 7th Dragon 2020 and GBA and NES emulation
SNES emulation can be a little wonky and I don't like masterboy, but the GBA and NES emulators are very nice

From google:
manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/game/pspsavedata.html
please use archive.is/forums/playstation-nation-1000002/can-i-transfer-psp-save-data-to-ps3-26910742/
gamefaqs.com/ps3/927750-playstation-3/answers/89134-copy-ps1-game-save-from-psp-to-ps3
ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=61346
guidingtech.com/18799/share-save-files-psone-classics-ps3-psp/
gbatemp.net/threads/transfer-saves-between-psp-and-psp-remaster-on-ps3.456276/

So it wasn't just me then… Any idea why?

archive.fo/QlwD1

None of those worked for what I intend to do, but thanks anyway.

Aw shucks… Sorry user.

I used to play it on Snex9X but I don't recall any glitches, maybe it's something with your CFW? I remember gPSP stopped working one time when I updated the CFW to the wrong version.

I had some really bad layering issues with Super Metroid and a few jrpgs. I don't think it's just the CFW's fault, but snes9x for psp's fault instead

Hmm, try the version on emuwiki's page:
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_PSP#Super_Famicom_.28SNES.29

If all fails you can try running a SNES emulator for GBA on your GBA emulator, a hilarious idea but I'd love to see someone actually try it.
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_GBA#SNES
sourceforge.net/projects/snezziboy/

I have a PSP 3000 with a broken screen.
Can I softmod it using the component cables + TV?

When I softmodded my PSP 3000 it only took a usb cable (or connecting your sd card to your computer) and copying over a folder containing the CFW updater, then running the updater from within the PSP. I never tried hooking it up with a TV before tbh…

Been playing phantasy star 1 for around 50 hours now, and its great for emulation. probably my favorite emulation machine of ps1 games

That one gets a critical error just loading the rom, maybe its because I still have the very earliest PSP model but I'll just make a note in my Backlog and play the DS version when I reach about that era.

I've wanted to mod a psp for a while, should I get a 2000 or is the 3000 worth the extra cash?

Since the screen is broken I can only operate the psp using a TV. My question is whether I'll be able to keep using the TV as display during the softmod process. If at some point of the process the psp stops sending the display output to the TV I may be unable to make a selection or something else required to finish the softmod.

The softmod process is literally
so I don't see the problem you're describing ever happening.

Nigger what? 3rd Birthday is by far the dullest tps I've ever played.